Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Cabana

• Start Topic

On 3/1/2018 at 11:14 PM, Lura said:

When I first started watching WWHL, or whatever he called his show, he was all about booze.  He had a bartender, and everybody played booze games.  One night, his parents were the bartenders.  The guests were good, though, and were generally people who were worth watching.  Gradually, it seemed to me that the guests went downhill, and he'd have people I'd never heard of.  His mind, which had always been close to the gutter, became totally filthy -- and I'm no prude.  I became bored with all the trash talk, bimbos in "barely there" gowns, weirdos, worn out Housewives, and most of all, Andy's rocketing ego.  That's when I tuned out.   

I have to say I think Andy lost any claim to redeeming social value when he drank some star's breast milk during the show.  I thought making perfume out of Lady Gaga's urine was pretty gross but Andy doing shock isn't shocking or funny.

• Love 8

The Small Talk thread is for non-show talk that we'd like to share with other posters who happen to watch RHoBH.

It is not for actual show talk.  There are so many awesome episode and character threads where show talk should go so please take it there. Recent show talk has been moved to the most recent episode thread. 

• Love 2

Kyle and Teddi both posted instagram pictures of them together at Kyles desert house, getting ready to party at Coachella. Tonight, it appears Lisa Rina has joined them. It would appear that some of the ladies really do like each other when the cameras are not rolling. I kind of like that about them.

• Love 4

Reading a post on Kim Z., I realized 3 housewives are from CT; Luann (Berlin), Kim (Windsor Locks), and Dorit (Woodbridge). Please don't judge the rest of us Nutmeggers based on these crazies.lol

• Love 6

I think maybe they need to do a HouseWife Swap/Merger show. Put Bethenny in BH for a season so she can ream those bitches for picking the most ludicrous seasonal themes/storylines.  Ramona, with the attention span of a 3yr old, would also give them a run for their money, as she would not be able to stick to the script. Sonja would either be incredibly entertaining or incredibly embarrassing as she teams up with Erika Jayne, because you KNOW she would (while sharing stories of how she danced for John-John on P Diddy's yacht, back when she was hosting dinners for the Churchills).

Of course, you know, if Bravo did make this happen, they'd only screw it up.

• LOL 7
(edited)

This is kind of random, but I have a casting idea for the future..

I know she's not currently a wife so it probably won't happen, but I wonder how Krista Allen would be on this show. For anyone who doesn't know her, she's an actress/comedian who's vegan, appeared as Billie on Days of Our Lives just like Lisa Rinna, and is friends with Denise Richards. She also dated George Clooney. 

She may bond with dog lover/rescuer LVP and/or call her out for being hypocritical for not being vegetarian. She may have camaraderie with Rinna being Days of Our Lives alum, or maybe there would be a little rivalry. She may be part of a clique since she's friends with at least one of these women, or she may end up being friends with women she didn't meet prior to the show. She probably also has interesting Hollywood stories after her many years in the business and dating one of its biggest movie stars.  

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

This is kind of random, but I have a casting idea for the future..

I know she's not currently a wife so it probably won't happen, but I wonder how Krista Allen would be on this show. For anyone who doesn't know her, she's an actress/comedian who's vegan, appeared as Billie on Days of Our Lives just like Lisa Rinna, and is friends with Denise Richards. She also dated George Clooney. 

She may bond with dog lover/rescuer LVP and/or call her out for being hypocritical for not being vegetarian. She may have camaraderie with Rinna being Days of Our Lives alum, or maybe there would be a little rivalry. She may be part of a clique since she's friends with at least one of this women, or she may end up being friends with women she didn't meet prior to the show. She probably also has interesting Hollywood stories after her many years in the business and dating one of its biggest movie stars.  

I like this idea. I don't watch soaps anymore but I started watching Sunset Beach (which Eddie Cibrian starred in) when I was in high school in the 1990s and then also started watching Days, which was on the same network. When I started watching, Krista Allen was Billie and for me she will always be Billie because of that. Plus, I've always found her so much more attractive than Lisa Rinna (even when I knew nothing of her personality) so I preferred her for that reason too. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Reality police said:

@walnutqueen, this is for you. A little rougher and bigger, just makes me happy

71046d073e7b24995076f537dc31161d--jason-momoa-black-white.jpg

Okey dokey.  My temporary bout of insanity has passed, and I'm back to being an avowed celibate.  That's what happens sometimes, when one takes a second look ...  heh.

The good news is that we don't need to leg wrestle over a celebrity crush.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

78ff4e9c5de7f45008dff18dfbb47cb0.gif

Who is THAT pretty boy (and where have I been all his life)?

16 minutes ago, Reality police said:

We need an "Oh my" button. Let the hot flashes begin!

My hot flashes started pre-9/11 (aka 2001, the worst Space Odyssey ever).  I was over them long before they were over me.  We have reached a detente, of sorts.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

My hot flashes started pre-9/11 (aka 2001, the worst Space Odyssey ever).  I was over them long before they were over me.  We have reached a detente, of sorts.

It's the same man, Jason Momoa.

I share with dosodog. I'm sending her a prezzie - a postage stamp sized towel so she can wipe him down. It will take ForEvah!

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

It's the same man, Jason Momoa.

I share with dosodog. I'm sending her a prezzie - a postage stamp sized towel so she can wipe him down. It will take ForEvah!

Wowza.  How did that pretty young thang turn into a smokey eyed rapist - with pecs nicer than my most nubile young boobs?  Life is sometimes just Unfair Wolves.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

I got lucky. I think i had two, one more than my mother. I only get them now when I see pretty men.

• LOL 3
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Reality police said:

I got lucky. I think i had two, one more than my mother. I only get them now when I see pretty men.

Don't make me hate you (said the woman with early onset menopause and hot flashes that lasted for well over a decade!).

Edited by walnutqueen
Again, with the fucking punctuation! I swear my fingers can't tell the difference between a comma and a period.
  • Love 3

Gah, too much -- tats, long Fabio hair, too muscle bound.

Big check mark to the pretty boy pic tho! 

But no one will ever beat out Johnny Depp in Don Juan de Marco. Can't happen.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Jel said:

Whaaaaaat??????!!!!???

Hey Jel...watch out

giphy.gif

• LOL 5

Yes, Bun, you can keep the super muscly, heavily tattooed, long stringy (but suspiciously processed looking) long haired dudes all to yourself. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Jel said:

Well here's one with short hair!  

sexy jason momoa GIF

And how jealous am I of Conan....

jason momoa conan obrien GIF

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Jel said:

2 hours ago, Jel said:

Yes, Bun, you can keep the super muscly, heavily tattooed, long stringy (but suspiciously processed looking) long haired dudes all to yourself. 

2 hours ago, Jel said:

He's a good looking feller no doubt, but just not my personal cup o' tea 🙂

Okay that's better. It was the Gah and stringy hair that almost had me morphing into the bunny of Caerbannog

dosodog and I will share in peace (along with drive-bys from realitypolice and walnutqueen)

d73c6fcf0c36eba18a433b56935b3aa9.gif

• Love 4
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Okay that's better. It was the Gah and stringy hair that almost had me morphing into the bunny of Caerbannog

dosodog and I will share in peace (along with drive-bys from realitypolice and walnutqueen)

d73c6fcf0c36eba18a433b56935b3aa9.gif

You ladies enjoy! I'm sure Jason will be alright, even if this middle aged Canadian lady doesn't find him all that sheckshy. 😉

There's no accounting for taste. I'm sure somebody would "gah" at some of the dudes on my hotties list.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Jel said:

You ladies enjoy! I'm sure Jason will be alright, even if this middle aged Canadian lady doesn't find him all that sheckshy. 😉

There's no accounting for taste. I'm sure somebody would "gah" at some of the dudes on my hotties list.

Here's a prezzie for you

tumblr_n453w6dtIo1to55jpo1_250.gif     tumblr_m86twfsddw1qlknxjo2_250.gif

• Love 2
On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:48 PM, walnutqueen said:

Don't make me hate you (said the woman with early onset menopause and hot flashes that lasted for well over a decade!).

I'm the same.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

dire warning to all Canadians!:

I'm at Tim Horton's, killing some time, waiting to pick up the old b 'n' c. I browse the menu. Whaddaya know, "strawberry and cream donut". Sounds great, order up!

to my mind, strawberries and cream implies two things: Strawberries and cream   ... Whipped cream . But sadly, when i got it, i found it was coated in pink icing. Not strawberry flavored, more like sugar flavored.  And it was filled not with delicious whipped cream, but rather with my dietary nemesis...donut shop Bavarian "cream" (not cream). And there were no strawberries anywhere!

and the worst part was, i ate it anyway. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I miss the good old days when we could comment on the Bravo Blogs. I felt like our voices were heard, rather than Bravo ignoring us and putting their own spin on what is going on (Andy). Thank goodness for twitter and instagram which allows  viewers to react to Dorit, Erika, Kyle, Teddi and Rinna. The only problem is that they can delete and block comments and people who disagree. 

I wish that we could comment on the Bravo Blogs freely without being censored. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

I feel the same way about Lala Kent and her "feminism".

Maybe Camille says that David's penis is bigger than Aaron's?

Lol, curious, what is Lala Kent's feminism? I tried watching VP Rules (couldn't get into it), and all I remember about her is that she liked being provocative and taking her top off in front of the guys. Then she wouldn't understand why some of the girls didn't take to her. I think she's probably the prettiest girl on that show, but she was too provocative for my taste. 

The only other thing I remember about her treatment of women is that she fat shamed, but I think she only did that when not so nice things were said about her? Could be wrong, I didn't get invested into any of those people the way I became with RHBH.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, RealHousewife said:

Lol, curious, what is Lala Kent's feminism? I tried watching VP Rules (couldn't get into it), and all I remember about her is that she liked being provocative and taking her top off in front of the guys. Then she wouldn't understand why some of the girls didn't take to her. I think she's probably the prettiest girl on that show, but she was too provocative for my taste. 

The only other thing I remember about her treatment of women is that she fat shamed, but I think she only did that when not so nice things were said about her? Could be wrong, I didn't get invested into any of those people the way I became with RHBH.

She's all about girl power...unless she doesn't like you.

If she doesn't (or is fighting with your boyfriend) you are an idiot, not worth her time, she'll scream at you in the middle of a restaurant, announce in front of you that fucking her is the best thing your boyfriend will ever do, and assorted other goodies.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
Just now, RealHousewife said:

Amazingly, despite barely watching the show, you got it! 😂 Lala is all about “pussy power”- owning and using her sexuality and telling other women to use their pussy (or mouth or hands) to get whatever they want- Gucci sandals, private jets, cars, etc. 

She’s down with women (literally and figuratively) getting it on with each other and she did apologize for calling Katie “fat” and calling another woman a “twat” and that’s where her self-awareness ends.

• Love 6