Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Main Justice

Will is in for a surprise at the White House Correspondents' Dinner; Leona and Reese scramble to raise money to halt Blair and Randy's takeover; Charlie shares ideas with an ACN suitor; Maggie's scoop on the EPA gets air time on "News Night"; Sloan and Don try to keep their romance a secret from a new HR executive.

Did anyone want to punch Jim in the face as hard as you could for the way he talked to Maggie and Hallie?

Just me? OK.

Pretty good ep otherwise, though I cannot believe they are recycling the Quo Vadimus plot from Sports Night. Dear Aaron Sorkin: It's called an original idea...

• Love 6

OK, wait. So if Clea Duvall releases her documents herself, is the News Night crew off the hook?

I can't decide if Will really believed the govt wouldn't come after him or if he planned this. On the one hand, hubris bringing down a tragic hero is a classic literary technique, so I can see Sorkin using that. But on the other hand, this seems more like stupidity. Why would Will show his hand like that unless his plan was for THIS to become the story?

How the hell did Neal get to Venezuela? Is Mac now deep in it too since she knows the source? I loved this episode and find the pacing and story to be incredibly tight this season, but I also feel like the FBI and the HR guy and Pruitt is too much. I known the world is full of assholes and this is our guys up a tree with people throwing rocks at them, but it just seems like too much. Is the HR guy necessary?

I agree that Jim was an ass, but honestly, people on TV are usually so one-dimensional or unrealistically flawed that I like his self-righteousness. To make it in a business like that, he's going to need a lot of arrogance. It's just a matter of figuring out how and when. I can believe he's learning.

I wonder if Mackenzie will crack when the Feds take Will from her. At least he can't languish in jail for too long; there are only three more episodes left. One upside to a truncated season, I suppose.

On a shallow note, boy did everyone look gorgeous at the Correspondents' Dinner.

Edited by madam magpie
  • Love 1

So after anonymously taking the Greyhound bus to Calgary, Canada, Neal then uses his U.S. passport (one assumes) to fly to Venezuela via Cuba? Way to keep on the down low. Can Americans even go to Cuba legally?

They also seem to be copying one of the sub-plots from the movie Goodnight and Good Luck about Murrow and McCarthy. But if it's not against the rules for co-workers to date, I don't understand what the HR VP/Don/Sloan sub-plot is all about. Everyone knows they're a couple; they've announced they're a couple. Now they're suddenly supposed to hide it? Where is this going?

Edited by Quilt Fairy

Yep, not only do we've got Ryan from The Office as crazy rich guy, we've even got Toofer from 30 Rock as the new HR guy.  Someone really liked NBC's former Thursday Night Line-up.  On another note, it was also fun seeing Brian Howe as the government a-hole.

Jim totally was a jerk tonight.  To be fair, I think it was in character: Jim usually is this high and mighty, and I can see him being condescending about science stuff, and be disrespectful about Hallie working for a website, and how they operate.  Still, it was nice whenever his smugness got knocked out of him.  But, I thought the latter part was a bit heavy-handed for my taste.  I'm just not all that interested into going into the "evils" of web media, and why it can't compare to television news.

So, Clea Duvall was the source?  Interesting.  Neal is now in Venezuela (damn, how did he pull that off?), and it looks like Will is trying to play chicken, and bank on the FBI not wanting to prosecute a well-known face like himself.  Which, judging from the final scene, he might have overestimated his celebrity status being able to do that.

HR Toofer is basically here to give Don and Sloan some drama, it seems.  I'm find as long as it doesn't lead to a break-up, but just them two trying to dodge him.  Although, if you want to stay together Don, maybe you shouldn't be talking about how hot your ex is while she can hear you.

Leona and Reese will never not be awesome.  In another world, I would watch a spin-off of what those two were like outside of ACN.

• Love 1

Last week was a high for the show, and this one was a let down due to too many mini plots at the number of ridiculous scenarios that have been outlined in Tara's article.

Also as a resident of Calgary, I can tell you Neal went through an awful lot of unnecessary travel to try and get to Cuba. Assuming he'd have to cross the border by bus, toronto is right there. Calgary, is at least two days by bus from Toronto, then you're flying back over all that land you just covered by bus.  I believe Neal is a British national and would have a British passport though. But He'd still certainly be logged as flying within North America.

The relationship police HR VP stuff is completely unnecessary and a weird Sorkin wink at his audience that he knows he has his workplace characters date each other all the time.

I like Haillee a lot more than Jim, but maybe that's just the superficial male in me.

Women can never be just strictly competent; Maggie can run the control room as long as Sloane defends herself with her dating history, Hailee's integrity is questioned and Mackenzie derps around about Will paying for the wedding and buying a new dress.

• Love 3

B. J. Novak played that Pruitt character exactly like Ryan Howard from the 'The Office' when he was all coked up in New York, but now gobs with money.  

The Danny Glover stalker channel -- seriously ?

Though it was enjoyable watching Charlie grit his teeth while agreeing with Pruitt's cockamamie ideas and basically forced to call him sir.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Women can never be just strictly competent; Maggie can run the control room as long as Sloane defends herself with her dating history, Hailee's integrity is questioned and Mackenzie derps around about Will paying for the wedding and buying a new dress.

I don't see how any of those is contingent on the others. Each woman is a different person with her own priorities and capabilities, just like women in real life. Maggie was both capable in the control room and in need of help with her story. Sloan was both mildly indifferent to Don when he came running in insisting that they weren't going out and using her dating history to throw the HR guy off their trail (she wasn't defending herself; she was trying to hide her relationship). Hallie was both having her integrity questioned and telling Jim to fuck off. Mac was both wanting a new dress for a dinner at the White House (OMG how dare she?!) and having secret meetings with the FBI and Neal's source. Women are capable of embodying more than one quality, and its OK for them not to always be completely in control of every single thing at every moment. It's OK to worry, to like fancy dresses, and to need help. Also, of course Will is paying for the wedding. He's rich as hell. Who did you think was paying??

• Love 8

I'm a journalist and thought will and hollies bedroom convo was absurd. And suuuuiuch old news. I'm not a fan of Maggie 2.0, because I don't. Eli eve it.

But sad sack Toby was fun.

Other thing that would never happen in any company big enough to have an hr department: staffer complaint about an assignment to hr and admitting she'd slept with her boss.

Still the episode was pretty exciting and I liked wills smack down of the govt goon. (Though I don't believe the government is quite that overtly stupid either).

I was hoping for something better than this. Hallie is a waste of time. Sloane and Don are nice comic relief, but I consider them wasted as characters if they remain stuck in this forbidden office romance plot for the rest of the show. Jim was beyond a jackass when talking with Maggie, so much so that it became absurd and took me right out of the scene. And Ryan from The Office was too eccentric to be interesting, instead coming across as an annoying distraction from the better parts of this episode.

After liking the previous two episodes, I was disappointed by this one. But I did enjoy seeing Toofer again!

Good Lord, Hallie. You can do better than Jim's arrogant, self-righteous ass. I didn't mind that scene when, for once, Jim was accurately being portrayed as an insensitive tool and Hallie was handling it calmly and maturely. Then of course it devolved into Sorkin's 90s stand-up material of the "crazy women say they don't want to talk! But then they won't let you go to sleep until you talk!" variety. 

Can Americans even go to Cuba legally?

As others have said, Neal is British. But yes, Americans can go to Cuba legally if they fly from somewhere NOT the US.

I loved what Will said about the Correspondents Dinner - which I will have to watch again, probably with captions. I totally agree with him.

• Love 1

Lot's of recylcing going on here for sure. Ecentric rich guy buying out the show and the workers on edge not knowing where things will go. The use of the word "enscorcelled" is a favorite of Sorkin's and of course the sensitive data on a napkin dropped into a drink to smudge it away. All been done before yet I still enjoyed them.

Wasn't thrilled that Maggie's big get story wound up being played for a joke but it is what it is.

Jim being an a-hole was annoying yet in character and I like that Maggie called him on it and knew that was how he was.

I could go for a show of just Leona and Reese having Don and Sloan work for them in some capacity and ditch everyone else. The whole HR guy storyline was stupid and filler that wasn't needed.

And who knew Gary was such a player.

As for getting the 4 billion- why aren't people woo-ing the spacey, other twin to throw his lot/inheritance in with Reese and the rest of the Lansings.  He seems like he's easy to persuade, and he might enjoy the news business.

Jim has been Sam Seaborned, and sandbagged too.  Even earlier than with The West Wing, another of the young male leads -- in fact, both of the nominal antagonists -- emerged as the breakout actor/characters; already by last year, as Don and Reese were elevated, Jim was left with nothing to do but go on the campaign trail (in this case, covering it rather than running himself).  Returned to the fold, he has now gotten nailed with the job of taking on what had been Will's self-appointed task of talking down to women he was wooing. And it looks even worse on a man of his years: worse, and curious, like Gary's rendering of Cole Porter.  

• Love 1

Then of course it devolved into Sorkin's 90s stand-up material of the "crazy women say they don't want to talk! But then they won't let you go to sleep until you talk!" variety. 

Don't get why people would think this is crazy or terrible. She wanted them to go to sleep then realised she was too mad. Why would anyone think that's crazy enough to paint all women badly?

re: Don / Sloane & the AWM HR - it's going to go away when ACN is spun off, which both Don and Sloan know about, so I can't figure out why they care. 

I also wonder if the FBI woman deliberately tried to get Neal to do something desperate by going to Mac that way, knowing it would get back to him. 

• Love 2
I also wonder if the FBI woman deliberately tried to get Neal to do something desperate by going to Mac that way, knowing it would get back to him.

Ooo...I wonder. I was thinking Will was going to be really mad that Mac had told Don and Jim to bring Neal in and that's how this would come back around, but this makes sense too. My ears did prick up when Mac admitted what she knew about Neal and told Molly she trusted her. I really hope Molly doesn't screw her over; I like the idea that their friendship means more than the FBI. But from the outside, yeah, I don't trust it.

Don't get why people would think this is crazy or terrible. She wanted them to go to sleep then realised she was too mad. Why would anyone think that's crazy enough to paint all women badly?

I don't get it either. Hallie was upset. Sometimes people change their minds. Who cares? In other news, what I zeroed in on was a very small moment in Will's speech to the DoJ asshole when he says the guy was insulting them, insulting Charlie, and "insulting my producer, who also happens to be my fiancee." I love that Will sees Mackenzie first as his producer. Sorkin has done such a great job of giving Mac (and Sloan) her own clear identity separate from her relationship and having the relationship be what enhances her life, rather than defines it. I absolutely love that.

Edited by madam magpie
  • Love 2

I can't stand the constant references to Mac and Will's wedding. I particularly hate that in the midst of something incredibly huge and grave, Mac and the FBI agent would be talking about the wedding as if it really were a legitimate factor in anyone's thought process at that moment. As if the worst thing that could be happening to anyone was either being put at the loser table or having a lame wedding.

That's what I find so distasteful about Sorkin's depiction of women. No character I respect would every bring up such a frivolous topic while (a) his/her subordinate was potentially being pursued by the FBI or (b) he/she was an FBI agent pursuing a suspect for treason. And while men frequently bring up frivolous topics, they don't tend to be so dippy and "girly" as the constant wedding mentions are.

And this is a more shallow comment, but I just don't buy Mac as this girly shopaholic who is obsessed with her wedding and Louboutins. Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but to me she is so mousy and unwashed. If she cared so much about her appearance she wouldn't let her hair hang in curtains around her face all day, every day. Even at the dinner I felt she looked unkempt.

I like the Fordham Law professor for Maggie, but since that actor always seems to portray sleazy characters, I worry that he is not what he seems. Potential irony that the ethics professor ends up being unscrupulous?

• Love 3

I can't stand the constant references to Mac and Will's wedding. I particularly hate that in the midst of something incredibly huge and grave, Mac and the FBI agent would be talking about the wedding as if it really were a legitimate factor in anyone's thought process at that moment. As if the worst thing that could be happening to anyone was either being put at the loser table or having a lame wedding.

It is Mac's wedding and Molly seems to be a close friend. With their wedding looming close (seemingly), I can understand the wedding being fairly high up in Mac's list of top of mind topics. I know plenty of smart people in real life for whom it is a big deal. *shrugs* Again, probably it is an Indian thing. 

I also think Mac was regressing and lashing out in hurt and anger at a childhood friend that she felt betrayed by. And the FBI agent (Molly?) was surprised at Mac's reaction, hence the less than perfectly professional reactions. I also think that Will would have reacted like Mac, had his (probably invisible) childhood friend come to raid his newsroom. Actually, remembering the pilot, Will did behave quite angrily with Don, so it's not just the women on this show who have emotional reactions. There was also Jim who torpedoed Maggie's report to prove a point to Hallie. 

ETA: I also wanted to add something that i liked. The AUSA(?) acknowledged Neal's brown skin in saying that would be easier to sell to the public as a terrorist / spy. I thought that was an unmentioned elephant last episode - the thought about why someone like Neal would be more vulnerable to those allegations, so I was happy they at least mentioned it in passing this time around. 

Edited by romantic idiot
  • Love 4

Well, what did everyone think about the report on the end of the world as we know it? To me, it makes just about everything else pale in comparison. I am truly liking Newsroom this terribly shortened finale season. It's like they finally hit their stride and it's too late. Kinda like the planet. I tend to agree with the Earth's prognosis told to us by more and more climate scientist as the days fly by. The only thing I am not completely sold on is the time frame. I'm hoping against hope that there is more time. Some, or at least one, has been publicly stating we have only a few decades left. Very few. I think it's best to just think of it as far, far into the future and live every day to the fullest.

Just to add...that tons of CO2 from the last 20 to 40 years haven't even been counted yet. Too many tipping points have already been set in motion. Something VERY BAD is going to happen, the only question is when and how bad. And I think most climate and other scientist already have a pretty good idea. But who wants to be that much of a bummer except for Guy McPherson. He has already mourned the Earth.

Back to the more shallow part of the show. I've missed Aaron Sorkin's writing. Maybe I'm just getting too old and I didn't watch Sport's Night (?) but I did love the West Wing when he wrote those first couple of years or so. I don't mind all the craziness of the characters. I am entertained and, here I go again, I was waiting to hear that climate report somewhere on TV for a long time. I'm going to keep this episode on my DVR for awhile and replay that interview from time to time.

At least they are bringing in some great guest stars for the ending.

Edited by AlwaysWatching
  • Love 2

I think this season is so good precisely because Sorkin is working with an endpoint and a miniseries-tight time frame. All the padding has come out, and nothing has to be held in reserve for later.

I'm curious how we're intended to see Jim -- as a crusading idealist who sometimes takes it a little too far (what I think Sorkin intends) or as a bastion of self-righteousness who truly believes he was put on Earth to educate and protect any woman who interests him romantically (the way I've come to see him). It's easy to forget that Don is sorta Sloan's boss because for one thing, their jobs and areas of expertise are fundamentally different -- but more importantly, he doesn't have Jim's "wiser than thou" attitude toward Sloan or much of anyone (despite being a confident smart-aleck; maybe snappy one-liners vs. long gassy speeches is the key difference here). He's been protective of her a couple of times in past seasons, but only because she was having a specific crisis that could happen to anyone; when the crisis ended, they were back on equal footing. With Jim, the paternalism never seems to end.

Anyway, I guess now that Maggie's no longer a basket case, it's Hallie who needs to be set straight, repeatedly, by Jim, about whoring herself out to Big Social Media. (Their bedroom debate seemed evenly balanced, but then Jim had the emphatic last word at the correspondents' thingy.) Dude, if you want to date an ethically pure-as-the-driven-snow woman, go find one; don't try to "convert" the one you have. She's all grown up and has a brain and stuff, and people are allowed to have values somewhat different from your own. (I feel like I'm channeling Carolyn Hax here!) It's one thing to disagree with those values, but why does he think he's allowed to tell her which job she can or cannot take?

I think a certain minimal number of "Mac wedding" references are necessary to keep viewers from thinking the engagement storyline from last season's finale has been weirdly dropped. They're not taking over entire 15-minute blocks of episode like the Mac/Will relationship angst used to, so they don't bother me a bit.

And wow, B.J. Novak sure was creepy. Doesn't seem so much like a Quo Vadimus retread to me, since he's a far more worrisome a suitor than Clark Gregg on Sports Night ever was!

• Love 3

Ryan! I hope we see Michael Scott and Kelly Kapoor next week!

I was straining to remember what I'd seen him in before, because I never watched The Office. But he also appeared in The Mindy Project and was one of the Sherman Brothers in Saving Mr. Banks.

I didn't realize this season was only six episodes long. Half over already? Wow.

Dude, if you want to date an ethically pure-as-the-driven-snow woman, go find one; don't try to "convert" the one you have. She's all grown up and has a brain and stuff, and people are allowed to have values somewhat different from your own.

It wasn't even a question of her ethics.  He essentially told her he didn't trust her, which is kind of a death knell for any decent relationship.  Another death knell could be that Jim is a condescending jerk.  That would hurt the relationship too.  The whole thing was goofy.  Jim, you work for a network.  They care about ratings, which does influence the stories you put on the air.  It isn't a sign of how awesome your program is if no one watches it.  This isn't rocket science.   

I will admit, I'm a little confused about why the HR guy cares so much if Don and Sloane are dating.  I get that it would be against company policy, but surely someone who was that high up would have better things to do than obsess over them, no? 

It wasn't even a question of her ethics. He essentially told her he didn't trust her, which is kind of a death knell for any decent relationship. Another death knell could be that Jim is a condescending jerk. That would hurt the relationship too. The whole thing was goofy. Jim, you work for a network. They care about ratings, which does influence the stories you put on the air. It isn't a sign of how awesome your program is if no one watches it. This isn't rocket science.

I will admit, I'm a little confused about why the HR guy cares so much if Don and Sloane are dating. I get that it would be against company policy, but surely someone who was that high up would have better things to do than obsess over them, no?

This show is thoroughly dumb, that's why. Where was HR when Don was living with the blonde, who was clearly his underling? Sloan appears to be at least his equal in the employment setting. Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 2
It wasn't even a question of her ethics.  He essentially told her he didn't trust her, which is kind of a death knell for any decent relationship.  Another death knell could be that Jim is a condescending jerk.  That would hurt the relationship too.  The whole thing was goofy.  Jim, you work for a network.  They care about ratings, which does influence the stories you put on the air.  It isn't a sign of how awesome your program is if no one watches it.  This isn't rocket science.

Not to mention that unemployed journalists in disgrace don't have the luxury of picking and choosing if they want to pay their rent and eat.

• Love 1

Maggie was Will's assistant when they were together and then doing whatever she does on Will's show.  Don moved to EP of Elliot's show when Mac started, so he didn't supervise her.  Don occasionally produces Sloan's segment, I think when she's part of Elliot's hour?  So that's more of a conflict, but more technically a problem than actually in this specific situation.

I know it is HBO so they have free reign, but would the use of "Fuck" be rampant in a workplace as it was in the cold opening? It sure isn't acceptable at my job. Mac and the FBI lady where saying it at the end of every sentence. Took me right out of the scenes. 

The wedding references didn't bother me but I can see why it'd bug. It was simply misplaced. Trying to infuse lightness in those scenes, using an upcoming wedding, was contrived.

It is as bad as the HR plot with Sloan and Don. It doesn't surprise me because one of Sorkin's weakness is writing for consumed couples. The mad dash through the office was in itself, but given that Don could have called out text instead? Made it more idiotic.

Maggie's story. Talk about dire and depressing. Mac and Will should have known this guy's opinions on the findings before putting him on air.

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS

Don ran through the office for the same reason Mac fought with Molly about the wedding: because it's funny. Texting Sloan would not have been funny.

We say "fuck" at my work all the time. We also have a lot of seemingly inappropriate conversations. It really depends on the group of people and how everyone gets along.

• Love 5
The mad dash through the office was in itself, but given that Don could have called out text instead? Made it more idiotic.

Don probably would not have wanted a record showing that a moment after he spoke with HR denying the relationship, he called Sloane, or a text message where he tells Sloane what to say about their relationship.  Given that HR is really, really invested in the status of Don and Sloane's relationship, why take the chance?  

And yeah, Molly and Mac arguing about her wedding invitation in the middle of the investigation would probably be Reason #1 why Molly would never be assigned to handle this case in real life.    

• Love 1

This show is still so dumb.  I try to overlook the off the wall, major plot points that are so ridiculous, but even the small stuff is over the top.  HR tends to be very 'see no evil hear no evil' when it comes to stuff like this.  They have enough crap to deal with at any point, no HR rep (especially the head of HR or whatever he was) goes around looking for cases, especially ones that have very little consequence to the company.

When you think about the myriad HR issues in that office (espionage, offensive official tweeting, workplace violence when Alison Pill is always pushing and hitting people, insider trading)... whether or not Don and Sloane are banging is a minor deal.  I really think Sorkin could have tried harder to come up with a B-plot.

• Love 3

This show is thoroughly dumb, that's why. Where was HR when Don was living with the blonde, who was clearly his underling? Sloan appears to be at least his equal in the employment setting.

The current HR head clearly answered that question.

"My predecessor was lenient on these things...."  Or something to that effect.  It's slightly short-sighted (especially with a show that still has 3 episodes left to air) to assume that he's after Don and Sloane for no reason other than Sorkin couldn't come up with anything better.  

"Now it says baking news..."

"FUCK!"

I never laughed harder.

Edited by CaughtOnTape
  • Love 2
"My predecessor was lenient on these things...."  Or something to that effect.  It's slightly short-sighted (especially with a show that still has 3 episodes left to air) to assume that he's after Don and Sloane for no reason other than Sorkin couldn't come up with anything better.

Then I guess my question would be: why would HR suddenly care so much about proving Don and Sloane are a couple?  I mean, the consequences cited by the HR guy if they were found out appeared to consist of Sloane or Don being transferred to a different bureau, which would suck for them, but it isn't earth-shattering stuff. 

• Love 1

Then I guess my question would be: why would HR suddenly care so much about proving Don and Sloane are a couple?  I mean, the consequences cited by the HR guy if they were found out appeared to consist of Sloane or Don being transferred to a different bureau, which would suck for them, but it isn't earth-shattering stuff. 

I don't know.

Which was my point.

There are 3 episodes left that may tell us why HR cares so much about Don and Sloane being a couple.

HR people are kind of dicks about the rules.  Maybe he's really strict about his job.

Maybe he wants Sloane for himself.

Maybe he wants Don for himself.

Maybe he just likes being an asshole.

Maybe he's new to his job and trying to assert some authority.

Maybe he's stalking Sloane and Don is in the way.

Maybe he's stalking Don and Sloane is in the way.

Maybe he wanted to date Sloane and he's jealous.

Maybe he wanted to date Don and he's jealous.

Maybe Don or Sloane upset him in a past life and he wants revenge.

See?  Lots of possibilities.

Edited by CaughtOnTape
  • Love 2

I'm loving Don & Sloane. And the HR said it himself; they couldn't get to Will so he goes after the one he can mess with. Whatever reason though I'll take it, I love anything that will give them airtime.

I don't want this to be the last season of the show :(

• Love 2

When you think about the myriad HR issues in that office (espionage, offensive official tweeting, workplace violence when Alison Pill is always pushing and hitting people, insider trading)... whether or not Don and Sloane are banging is a minor deal.  I really think Sorkin could have tried harder to come up with a B-plot.

What's really weird to me is that Sorkin already came up with a good reason and showed us last episode.  When I saw the preview for this week, I assumed that the guy asking questions was from the SEC and that the insider trading was coming to haunt them.  Imagine my surprise when the guy identifies himself as HR and the topic of insider trading didn't even come up (that I can recall).  It was just so . . . odd that they would leave that thread hanging when it seems to tie in perfectly with what they want to do with Don and Sloan.

• Love 2

As I said before that hr scene would never have happened. I'm a journalist and work in a newsroom (not TV news). Relationships like that are firing offenses and the idea that any writer would call he about an assignment she wanted ... Just no.

My brother got married two years ago, he was in his fifties and he went all groomzilla. I totally bought that wedding stuff comes up inappropriately, seen it.

The end of the world stuff freaked me out and is much on my mind. Here in nj it was 70 degrees yesterday and it's going to snow tomorrow. Does anybody know if what he said is true???

• Love 1

The end of the world stuff freaked me out and is much on my mind. Here in nj it was 70 degrees yesterday and it's going to snow tomorrow. Does anybody know if what he said is true???

It's all true, unfortunately.  I could write a lot about it, but in the spirit of not derailing the conversation too much, let me just recommend the Facebook Group Apocalypse-A-Go-Go for further reading materials, as well as a new documentary coming out soon called Ten Billion (based on the book by the same name, and directed by Peter Webber of Girl with a Pearl Earring and Hannibal Rising fame), which also has a Facebook page where you can see the trailer.

Wedding shenanigans: I come from a big Spanish family (one set of grandparents had 12 children, the other set 6; I have 54 first cousins on my mother's side alone) and while I was growing up there was always someone in the family getting married.  I've seen it all in that regard and, in my experience, anything can happen.  Absolutely anything.  Even the most meek, even keeled, level-headed brides and grooms can go bananas over the smallest detail, so, I don't find any wedding related events on the show to be outside the realm of possibility.

• Love 2