Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E14: The Guy With Moves Like Elvis

Well, there goes that long-standing theory that Shei was the last girl standing...  I hope the rumor about Keith winning isn't true but I think that'll be valid.

Once again, Raelia, Ivy and Matthew had nicer photos than the remaining bunch.

Edited by milkyaqua
  • Love 3

Oh, yuck. Let us all pray at the altar of Keith. Keith who had the duh face in his photo and basically turned into Jade during the acting challenge.(but not in a funny way)

And there are better wigs at a preschool  play. Beard weave was insulted by those wigs.

• Love 6

I don't remember ever seeing Tyra this involved with the models at every single photoshoot. Could it be that this time around, she's aware of the fact that the models she chooses to be on her show leave much to be desired?  I have to admit, I like watching her work...whenever she strikes poses and shows the models how to model, she looks damn good. 

Because they were all sooooo bad, it was just painful to watch the contestants try to "act", but I admit that I LOLed at Keith and his alter-ego. 

This show is nothing if not entertaining. 

• Love 5
I don't remember ever seeing Tyra this involved with the models at every single photoshoot. Could it be that this time around, she's aware of the fact that the models she chooses to be on her show leave much to be desired?  I have to admit, I like watching her work...whenever she strikes poses and shows the models how to model, she looks damn good.

Of course she was there.  She had to make sure her two chosen (Adam and Keith) got to the final.  It is good when she's on set though and helping.  This is like the Tyra from earlier cycles who helped the models instead of having Mr. Jay or in this case Yu Tsai just yell nonsense at them.

I'm still not loving her panel wardrobe though.  What was that skirt about?

• Love 4

What obvious editing. Back story = eliminated. It also sucks that yoru challenege performance is pointless, like Raelia. I don't think I can stomach another cycle of this mess. Definitely won't be watching the next cycle weekly, if at all.

What the hell do they have Denzel in?  Elvis wasn't a Marine, so why did they leave the EGA on his cover?  General stars and captain's bars?????  Uhhhhh...really??  Pretty sure he hasn't earned any of those. 

Tyra must really want a male model to win it, although how did we get to the final five with two models never having best photo?

I also liked that they proved how planned the judge scores are by having Kelly score for people.  They're not even pretending anymore.

Edited by belligerent
  • Love 1

Yu Tsai is terrible. Mr. Jay, even in the later years when he was clearly over it, was better than this guy who just screeches and rolls his eyes. I love it whenTyra is on the set because it's clear she knows what she's doing and that yu Tsai has no clue.

• Love 5

I don't remember ever seeing Tyra this involved with the models at every single photoshoot. Could it be that this time around, she's aware of the fact that the models she chooses to be on her show leave much to be desired? I have to admit, I like watching her work...whenever she strikes poses and shows the models how to model, she looks damn good.

Because they were all sooooo bad, it was just painful to watch the contestants try to "act", but I admit that I LOLed at Keith and his alter-ego.

This show is nothing if not entertaining.

Tyra is very engaged this season, like she actually enjoys it again.

Will in the Elvis wig was looking very Clay Aiken.

Tyra is very engaged this season, like she actually enjoys it again.

Like she's trolling for dick? I kid I kid. Interesting the last lady standing is the one she gave a one to because she can't give a zero because that isn't allowed in a universe that Tyra created for herself.

• Love 3

Why was there no Elvis music during the photo shoot? I think that would have helped the models, and me!

Adam is over-confident every single time but he remains likeable and I still root for him before every task. Am I the only one who prefers it when he drinks though? Stop apologising Adam!

Lennox is right, they did set her up for failure giving her that iconic photo. Also, her wig sucked.  Shei needs to shut the fuck up about her tough childhood. I miss the panel deliberating about the photos. 

My favourite photo of all was definitley Ivy's! Why was she eliminated again?

Edited by Trichromatic

What the fuck?  Shei is gone?  I thought she was the only person left who could be an actual model.  That pisses me off!  I really think Will should have been gone at this point.  Well, it should be Adam gone, but he lucked into a great photo shoot.  Or even Lenox.  This was some bullshit!

• Love 1

Adam came alive in his photoshoot.

Those wigs are horrible! I want to say Tyra should have more experience with wigs and do a better job but then again her own wigs are horrible many times.

I like it when Tyra gets involved with these shoots. She should be doing this in every single shoot so these models will learn and take better pictures.

Edited by Nonlinear
  • Love 3

What I hate is that even though Tyra is more involved, the people who struggle and struggle at the photoshoot still manage to get top photo. So her being on set, other than helping out now and then and getting more screen time, does nothing. Before, contestants have gone home for wasting photographers time with managing to only get one good shot, but now Keith is a human disaster on the last 3 photoshoots and gets top or 2nd best photo each time.

Does anyone know if Shei actually kept her hair that way? I didnt totally mind the split, but it was the eyebrows that killed her. 

My favourite photo of all was definitley Ivy's! Why was she eliminated again?

I've liked Ivy's photo best each week. She was eliminated so long ago I can't even remember why.

Adam came alive in his photoshoot.

Yes, finally, but it was because he was all frat-boy frantic and playing to the crowd. His photo majorly SUCKED, I hated it and totally agree with the person's comments on the page that shows all photos, link above.

When Adam was going on about how he would nail the acting, I knew he would completely be the worst one. Interesting that Will's Korean was the best. But Will ... so you don't like girls so couldn't do the scene correctly: It's called ACTING! Geesh.

Keith might have "something" IRL to make the Korean actress and Tyra swoon over him. Something I can't feel through my TV screen!

Sorry to see Shei go. I was hoping Adam would be the one to leave. For sure now it will be between Keith and Will for F2.

• Love 1

Tyra must really want a male model to win it, although how did we get to the final five with two models never having best photo?

I also liked that they proved how planned the judge scores are by having Kelly score for people. They're not even pretending anymore.

It's the Magic of Tyra. If she chooses Keith, I'll know hell has officially frozen over. Adam? Well, at least we will have the knowledge that the Lord has not given up on us all...

They stopped pretending after Cycle 17 or so. It was a subtle downhill spiral that has turned into a fiery inferno of madness.

I've liked Ivy's photo best each week. She was eliminated so long ago I can't even remember why.

Remember Romeo the Warlock, the one who just graduated from Hogwarts? He killed a goat and threw a lock of her hair in a soup pot and got her eliminated...but then he forgot to appease the spirits with candy and stuff so they took him, too.

• Love 1

I also liked that they proved how planned the judge scores are by having Kelly score for people.  They're not even pretending anymore.

This. I also think they pick the crappiest photo for the person they want to go home. I wish we could see the not-selected photos. Of course, the winner has already been chosen. But at least the other contestants get to go along for the ride and get a few weeks of paid vacation, a stamped passport and reality tv notoriety. So there's that.

Did anyone else notice Shei was sleeping with a stuffed PANDA?

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 2

It was disturbing how much all of these 'models' struggled this week.  And the results were not good.  I think they really need to get rid of the fan vote.  That experiment has failed.  They need to go back to judging people on their actual ability, with a little drama thrown in for fun.  The fact that Adam is still there is a joke.  Cute guy, but not a model in the slightest.  And lovely as Will is, he shouldn't be there either.  Adam is too short, Will is too tall.  As an aside, is Will really a dancer?  Because I've never seen even a hint that he can dance.

And I can't take another episode of Lennox complaining about how nervous she is about (insert latest nerve-wracking activity here).  How did she expect to be a model when everything involved in modelling makes her nervous?  It's just irritating now.

Shei going home?  Meh.  Yeah, she looked good on the runway, but she really couldn't take a good photo.  My only problem with this is... neither can the rest of the 'models' who are left.  I feel like some of them luck into a good photo sometimes, but not very often.  And usually it's with a crapload of coaching.

• Love 7

Well, of course Keith was haviing trouble with the photoshoot: they wanted Elvis, and he was playing Michael Jackson! No amount of imitating Tyra was going to bridge that gap. adam's overconfidence is probably masking as many insecurities as his drinking did, which makes me root for him even more, except, as always, he iks too damn short to do anything in the modeling industry after this except underwear or sports (which, however, can be lucrative)! I see N2N in his future.

Poor Shei, having to promise to keep that hair! Oh, and getting eliminated. So will there be a season twist where we find out that Lenox is transgender and it's an all-male finale?

• Love 2

I think they really need to get rid of the fan vote.  That experiment has failed.  They need to go back to judging people on their actual ability, with a little drama thrown in for fun.  

You know it's bad when the old setup looks almost legitimate compared to the current one. 

• Love 4

I think it was ridiculous that Keith won the challenge.  Was the infatuated Korean woman the only voter?  He was a joke.  Tyra's no mathematician, but I'm sure her staff is able to calculate what score she should give to save a fave.  It wouldn't be difficult since challenge scores and social media scores are know beforehand.  So even if Shei had won - as she should have - Tyra could have dropped her scores enough to eliminate her.

Good point, re. the mathematics, RedheadZombie.  I don't know what the solution is.  I just feel like something went really wrong with the voting system this season, to leave so many bad models in the top 5 and some really good models who were eliminated.  And the challenge winners are also a mystery to me.  I wish they could have the option of voting no one as the winner sometimes!

• Love 1

Once again I find myself stunned by the complete lack of awareness of this crop of models.

1) Lenox: Have you EVER IN YOUR LIFE watched this show? If you don't know how to act (sexy or otherwise) then you needed to PRACTICE once you learned you were going to be on the show. The only reason you made it to Last Girl Standing was because you're the most  model-esque of the girls plus you got the least fucked-up Ty-over. That said, you're not going to win, since Tyra's so obviously determined to have a man win this cycle. Take this experience and learn from it.

2) I need to put this question out there to people who know something about this business: Do models not study these days? I seem to recall in the early seasons of ANTM the models knew both current as well as past models and what made them special (walk, face, pose, etc.). When you're talking about celebrity ICONS like Elvis and Marilyn, sheesh...how can you not know at least a LITTLE about them? (Note that I'm using "icon" in the true sense, meaning people who will be part of the fashion discussion 50 years from now. Lady Gaga doesn't get to be called an icon yet.) As someone who's from Memphis, Adam should be thanking the Universe for what was basically a "gimme."

Speaking of Adam...I was really, REALLY hoping that the editors were fucking with me and he would knock the Korean soap opera scene out of the park. Alas, it was not meant to be...the winner was the guy who AD-LIBBED MOST OF HIS LINES. If I were one of the other models I'd be pissed too. WTFF was the point of them memorizing lines, ANTM??

Shei, I recommend you get rid of the blonde as soon as you are able. Good luck.

At this point I'm thinking this is Keith's to lose...

Edited by ExMathMajor
  • Love 2

Poor Shei. Based on her portfolio at the end, I don't think she ever had a great grasp of how to work her angles to show off her face best. However, I also can't shake the feeling that throughout the competition, and this week especially, Tyra hid her best photos so she could craft a narrative around her favorites.

Whew, the boys actually ended up looking OK with their stupid wigs but there was no saving Shei and Lennox. I think they sell better wigs at the dollar store. 

There's no doubt that Keith is a handsome guy. But this is the first week in a while that I've found him really attractive. Even though the wig wasn't great I think it helped him look a lot younger.

Adam did great this week. They're really working the redemption angle.

I thought Will's body looked good but aside from crazy limbs there wasn't much else I liked about the shot. 

Will looks like SNL Bill Hader again in this week's photo. Poor Shei, she was my favorite female model this season, but like C12 Aminat, she is an awesome runway model that takes mediocre photos. Hope she can parlay this into a successful runway modeling career. And don't keep that hair!

Wasn't there a challenge last season where a guy also won only because he charmed the woman who was responsible for picking the winner?

So the guy with the lowest fan score came in first place - nothing shows how irrelevant the fan score is more than that.

Yu Tsai is the worst shoot director - or whatever his title is - that the show's ever had. No wonder Tyra's gotten more involved in the photoshoots in the back half of the season. And did they even mention who the photographer was?

• Love 1

Wasn't there a challenge last season where a guy also won only because he charmed the woman who was responsible for picking the winner?

Was that one of the ones where they were running around dressing themselves? I think there are plenty of challenges where you just have to charm the judge.

Is Keith this cycles Saleisha? Also a lot of models seem to be over the "standard" age norm for beginning/new model's.

Fair or not, guys tend to be able to work in the industry past the age that female models have trouble finding work. Women make more short term, though, so it sort fo evens out if a guy sticks with it.

• Love 2

The problem that I found with Shei was the proportions on her face. She had very pointed chin that widened greatly at her cheeks, and her mouth was pouty and microscopically small...so she only looked good either in profile, quarter, or half profile. I did not like her fully facing the camera.

I think I've given up on ANTM now. I would watch but I just do not have the desire in me to look at Tyra and Her Weave, greasy Kelly and her self esteem issues, fucking Yu Tsai and his perv trolling, and neither the four minions still left. If Tyra is silly enough to let Keith 'win' - even if technically it won't get him closer to the moon and nobody will really even blink- I will know there is something wrong with her. I wish they'd cancel this show and stop beating a dead horse. ANTM was relevant years ago and it was inly after Cycle 13 that Tyra just seemed to loose all sense of control over herself.

The recaps are more interesting...

• Love 1

The cheesy wigs were bad enough, but no one on set knows how to put a wig on a model properly? I couldn't believe that Lenox's brown hair was showing every time they blew the wind up her dress. 

Between the overall low-rent nature of the show, the horrible judging/scoring model (hah) and the insufferable Tyra Banks, I am not sure I can keep going after this cycle.

Makes me long for the days when the models were struggling to say "Lash Blast" in their Cover Girl shoots. [le sigh]

• Love 1

Yu Tsai is the worst shoot director - or whatever his title is - that the show's ever had.

All he does is yell, "Model!" Has anyone ever shown these kids HOW to model? Well, except Tyra recently, who has been jumping into the shoots for more camera time. Like Shei not knowing how to show her angles, has anyone ever shown her based on her good/bad photos? I'd love to see that. It's like these kids are suppose to know everything when they come on the show. Even Miss J isn't being used for anything but to deliver messages and panel scores in between snarky comments. He used to actually teach the kids how to walk.

I'll still keep watching even though this show is so screwed up. I love the trainwrecked-ness, plus the winner doesn't really win anything so losing isn't a big loss. Although does the winner really get that $100,000 in cash? That's something. I'd think all of the kids have the "possibility" of being signed by Next, so big deal on that.

I miss the days when the models were being taught stuff. I found that way more watchable than the Real World: Top Model Edition thing they've got going now. I loved Miss J teaching them to walk, all of them, not just the predestined challenge winner of the week. I remember a few times they got actual acting instructions before being thrown into the ridiculous acting challenge of the day. Like that silly one where they were Eliza Doolittle and where taught they needed to channel some horrible thing that happened to them or something stupid like that. At least it was learning.

The reason this show can't produce a model anymore (if it ever really could) is that they are just using the hamsters for "entertainment" value (in this shows case, the car wreck version of entertainment) instead of trying to make models. I imagine even your top real models had some kind of training. It's not really a natural way to be, modelling. It's actually quite unnatural, knowing what angle you photograph best at, how to stick your ass out without looking like you're sticking your ass out, etc.

Like others, I also miss hearing the panel discuss the photos before judging. That was usually pretty interesting. And those silly challenges they had to do at panel, like selling ANTM perfume while wearing silly hats or walking in shoes that are really death traps. That stuff was actually funny. Now the show really is just the Real World with some photographs thrown in so it can still be called a modelling show. So sad

• Love 3

As an aside, is Will really a dancer?

He's a dance instructor. For little girls from what was shown in his background stuff early on. Which explains how he can be all 'i'm a dancer!' but have a doughy body, since being a dance instructor is a job with a requirement of light cardio, while a actual professional dancer doing competitions/performances/back up dancing are ridiculously cut and defined because of the amount of training that goes into it.

Though I do question how good of a dancer he is, since he doesn't seem to have a lot of physical confidence or strong body control, the backbones of dancing. He comes off to me as someone who knows the basics of ballet and modern dance and has turned that into a career of training young suburban girls who will likely never pursue dancing once their age hits double digits.

The problem that I found with Shei was the proportions on her face.

Those would really be what would kill her real chances of modeling as a career. Because the main market for Asian models(and where most get their start) is in Asia. And there is a definite type of face the market prefers and Shae couldn't be farther from it.

Edited by snakenax
  • Love 2

Like Shei not knowing how to show her angles, has anyone ever shown her based on her good/bad photos? I'd love to see that. It's like these kids are suppose to know everything when they come on the show.

On the one hand, yes, they should be teaching them something and it would be great if they focused more on what they were doing right and wrong in panel instead of making up nonsense words. On the other hand, what happened to practicing in the mirror at home. They're all so focused on the drama and just hanging out with each other and drinking too much that we never see them working on their modeling in the house like they used to in previous cycles. And speaking of those previous cycles, there have been 20 of them. They used to teach them things and no one in their right mind goes on a reality show without watching previous seasons of the show. Did they learn nothing from watching previous cycles where they used to coach them? 

• Love 1

They're all so focused on the drama and just hanging out with each other and drinking too much that we never see them working on their modeling in the house like they used to in previous cycles.

Yeah, by the same token, if I were Will, the second I had seen that the other guys in the house were X% more cut than I was, I would have started doing whatever I could to drop BF.  This doesn't include drinking alcohol out of coffee mugs.  Are they even set up for the models to exercise in the house?  I lift heavy five days a week.  There's no way I could be in a competition that long without any outlet for physical activity.

Edited by belligerent
  • Love 2

Yeah, Janice is generally more entertaining than the other two and occasionally would give good insights.  Jay Manuel and Yu Tsai are both about the same level of interest to me and I am neutral on both of them, although Yu Tsai has been working hard to make me dislike him lately.

• Love 1

Wow Adam killed it at that Elvis photoshoot. I never thought I would see Adam make it to the top 4.  I really hope one of the guys win I like all 3 of the guys and would be happy with either of them winning to be honest.  Lennox takes nice photos but she just has the same look that we have seen over and over again in top model and she is just very negative to me always complaining about what she cant do and focusing too much on what the other contestants are doing rather than herself. Its annoying.    

• Love 1

I couldn't get over how awful Lennox's Monroe pic was! I know that there is nothing remotely Marilynesque about her, but she had a huge bobble head and stumpy legs! Shei's pic was way better. But I could see Shei doing catwalk- her face is kinda meh but she has the height and body (although, realistically, she'd probably need to shed a few pounds). Lennox just bores me. She just looks like a Seventeen Magazine also-ran

• Love 3