Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Back at the dentist for the right side of my deep cleaning! I’m excited to see how pretty my teeth will look. 

The dentist is the most productive thing I’ve done on my staycation. 

I’m glad that you are doing something for yourself. I also hope that you are using the time to do more things of your liking. 

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Back at the dentist for the right side of my deep cleaning! I’m excited to see how pretty my teeth will look. 

Wait, I missed this! Are you staycating with a friend somewhere, or staycating at home? Either way, I hope it is awesome!!!

54 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’m glad that you are doing something for yourself. I also hope that you are using the time to do more things of your liking. 

I don’t mind the dentist! Thankful I have healthy teeth and dental insurance. I hung out with some friends, cuddled with the cats, watched some historical documentaries. 

8 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Wait, I missed this! Are you staycating with a friend somewhere, or staycating at home? Either way, I hope it is awesome!!!

No I’m at home! It’s four degrees in chicago right now! Going to buy more salt and then cuddling with my cats. 

• Love 8
50 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

6 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don’t mind the dentist! Thankful I have healthy teeth and dental insurance. I hung out with some friends, cuddled with the cats, watched some historical documentaries. 

No I’m at home! It’s four degrees in chicago right now! Going to buy more salt and then cuddling with my cats. 

Brrrrrrr!!!!! In NC, schools go on a delay if it ever reaches below 10, hahaha! The lowest I ever remember it getting was like 7. The summers here are brutal, but 4 degrees...can't imagine!!! I hope you really, really enjoy cuddling with your cat!

y'all, I have an interview with a recruiter on Monday!!! I told myself that if I didn't have a job by Christmas, I would start reaching out to recruiters. It's soooo hard to find any kind of job if you don't have direct experience, no matter how many transferable skills you have! I'm excited, because I've gotten so many rejections lately, and this is the first positive sign. Cross your fingers for me! Looking for jobs, and dating, are the two worst things ever if you don't like rejection, which nobody does! Lol! So excited about this meeting...cross your fingers for me!!

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Brrrrrrr!!!!! In NC, schools go on a delay if it ever reaches below 10, hahaha! The lowest I ever remember it getting was like 7. The summers here are brutal, but 4 degrees...can't imagine!!! I hope you really, really enjoy cuddling with your cat!

y'all, I have an interview with a recruiter on Monday!!! I told myself that if I didn't have a job by Christmas, I would start reaching out to recruiters. It's soooo hard to find any kind of job if you don't have direct experience, no matter how many transferable skills you have! I'm excited, because I've gotten so many rejections lately, and this is the first positive sign. Cross your fingers for me! Looking for jobs, and dating, are the two worst things ever if you don't like rejection, which nobody does! Lol! So excited about this meeting...cross your fingers for me!!

Looking for a job is 50x harder than working. And you don’t get paid!

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

For. Real. Normally I have a pretty positive attitude about it, but some days a positive attitude is harder to come by, and the rejection just starts to wear you down. I'm so glad to have a meeting to bring some encouragement!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I just had mine done.  It IS very exciting!  I am getting all the appts I have been scared to do out of the way FINALLY (turned 50 so I guess it was time!).  Teeth done, eyes just checked, and appts set up for my physical.  I had some issue with my stomach related to getting my gallbladder out and they took a cat scan from ribs down last week so they can see all my parts.  Wonder if I will still have to have a colonoscopy and pelvic exam?  They could see everything!  

• Love 4

I just sent a resume to a company several former colleagues work. I’ve loved my current job six of the past seven years, but an acquisition and subsequent culture change tells me it is time. Both exhilarating and horrifying at the same time. Not interested in an early grave due to stress. Once these kids get through college, I’m leaving the corporate world. 

• Love 10

nysha, wasn't it you missing your sister? any update? we have a local teen that's been missing for almost two weeks. fbi is now involved as are a national human trafficking taskforce. made me think of the missing sister.

Edited by zoomama
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, zoomama said:

nysha, wasn't it you missing your sister? any update? we have a local teen that's been missing for almost two weeks. fbi is now involved as are a national human trafficking taskforce. made me think of the missing sister.

Yes it is nysha.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Catfin said:

I just sent a resume to a company several former colleagues work. I’ve loved my current job six of the past seven years, but an acquisition and subsequent culture change tells me it is time. Both exhilarating and horrifying at the same time. Not interested in an early grave due to stress. Once these kids get through college, I’m leaving the corporate world. 

Stress at that level isn't worth it! I wish I had gotten out of my previous job sooner. You will really fell a million times better when that is in the rear view mirror! That's what happened at my work...new boss, and a culture changed. It's not worth killing yourself over!!!

I was actually thinking about @Nysha and her sister the other day! If you're reading this, I am sending good vibes your way. 

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

After looking at all the smiling Felicity pictures on Jinger's thread, I am breaking down to post a couple more pf my own Grand-Jynlet...Just because she is so different from all these smiley babies I keep seeing. She's happy enough much of the time, but and is a really good-natured baby, but people are always commenting on how serious and studious she comes across. Just shy of turning 10 months, so the first photo is actually a couple of months old, but I just love it, and the second is of her at the aquarium (season pass was a Christmas present) watching the Jellyfish. This biased Grandma just thinks she is something extra-special!

I think she's beautiful.

• Love 13
50 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

After looking at all the smiling Felicity pictures on Jinger's thread, I am breaking down to post a couple more pf my own Grand-Jynlet...Just because she is so different from all these smiley babies I keep seeing. She's happy enough much of the time, but and is a really good-natured baby, but people are always commenting on how serious and studious she comes across. Just shy of turning 10 months, so the first photo is actually a couple of months old, but I just love it, and the second is of her at the aquarium (season pass was a Christmas present) watching the Jellyfish. This biased Grandma just thinks she is something extra-special!

mail.jpg

49540960_10100943426458036_2141392181783429120_n (2).jpg

she IS special ---no doubt about it.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

After looking at all the smiling Felicity pictures on Jinger's thread, I am breaking down to post a couple more of my own Grand-Jynlet...Just because she is so different from all these smiley babies I keep seeing. She's happy enough much of the time, and is a really good-natured baby, but people are always commenting on how serious and studious she comes across. Just shy of turning 10 months, so the first photo is actually a couple of months old, but I just love it, and the second is of her at the aquarium (season pass was a Christmas present) watching the Jellyfish. This biased Grandma just thinks she is something extra-special!

mail.jpg

49540960_10100943426458036_2141392181783429120_n (2).jpg

Quite adorable!!!!!

• Love 8
On 1/25/2019 at 2:52 PM, Catfin said:

The year before last, I was let go from my organization after almost 35 years. I had a hard time getting a job, but posted online and got some responses from obvious "no ways", but signed up for a couple of agencies. I was working for agency that had an office in another state nowhere near my area. My interview with the company was based on my resume and a phone interview. The sent me to work for an organization on a long-term temp assignment.  (I did have to have a face to face interview with the organization, although one of the interviewers was in an different state nowhere near my area.) I am now working full time, as a contractor for the same organization I was working as a temp.  The company I'm working for is also based in another state nowhere near my area. Welcome to the 21st century.  Don't discount  agencies out of state, it's a different world out there.

• Love 13
18 minutes ago, Catlyn said:

The year before last, I was let go from my organization after almost 35 years. I had a hard time getting a job, but posted online and got some responses from obvious "no ways", but signed up for a couple of agencies. I was working for agency that had an office in another state nowhere near my area. My interview with the company was based on my resume and a phone interview. The sent me to work for an organization on a long-term temp assignment.  (I did have to have a face to face interview with the organization, although one of the interviewers was in an different state nowhere near my area.) I am now working full time, as a contractor for the same organization I was working as a temp.  The company I'm working for is also based in another state nowhere near my area. Welcome to the 21st century.  Don't discount  agencies out of state, it's a different world out there.

I like hearing about this happy ending. 😃😃😃😃😃😃

• Love 6
On 1/24/2019 at 9:37 AM, Happyfatchick said:

1) congrats on your new pregnancy!  I’m assuming we were the first to find out and it was very sweet of you to share here.  You know who your friends are...🤣

2) pink lasagna.  Ok, we all know I have an overactive imagination (although dreaming and remembering it and dreaming in color are both pretty big deals.  I dream in vivid color and have such “real” experiences in dreams, I can often recall specifics years later.  And can confuse dreams with reality at times.). Anyway, my mind went pink (as in how to construct a pink lasagna).  Bubblegum?  Pesto Bismol?  Strawberry ice cream?  Truly that is disgusting.  You’re probably craving lasagna now just to get that out of your head.  Yuck!

For some reason, I grew up hearing that if you dreamt in color, it meant you were crazy.

(I have no idea who told me that)

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

It’s super cold in chicago today and all my streaming services are buffering. I guess I should clean the house huh?

Don't do anything rash! 

I've been meaning to mention this ever since people were posting about taking down their Christmas lights. Here in Denver - which lays claim to originating outdoor Christmas lighted trees - the tradition is that the holiday lights stay up until the annual National Western Stock Show is over. Well, that's today, so the big public lights displays will be turned off now. Honestly, most people I know around here do take down their Christmas trees and remove their holiday decorations fairly soon after Christmas. But there's no stigma if they're up until the Stock Show is over. It's a local thing.

BTW last night I stayed up late to finish reading Todd Fisher's memoir, My Girls - a love letter and thank you note to his mother Debbie Reynolds and sister Carrie Fisher. I hadn't expected much from the book, but it blew me away. Fascinating stuff. Anyway, one thing Debbie Reynolds did was to keep a decorated Christmas tree up in one room of her house all year long. She was one amazing woman. Wow.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

@galaxychaser- I don’t know what these sick fucks think. Not only do you rape a woman, you rape one that cannot even fight back and subject her to a pregnancy. It’s disgusting. And people wonder why my sister lives under my roof??!!

All rapists should be given the death penalty.

• Love 5

It’s super cold in chicago today and all my streaming services are buffering. I guess I should clean the house huh?

I'm about to do that. I've been successfully prepping lunches on Sundays for the rest of the week since the beginning of the year. It's cut down on the food waste.

I've been setting small goals every two weeks or so. I'm hoping to keep this trend up. I'm struggling with reading more and getting to bed at an appropriate time. I can work from home if I so choose and the cold triggers my asthma so I haven't been going to the office. So I don't get up as early as I should be and I'm staying up too late.

Might be time to put a timer on how much time I spend snarking on the Duggars.

• Love 10
15 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

For some reason, I grew up hearing that if you dreamt in color, it meant you were crazy.

Well, that may explain why we are all friends...

15 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Well, that may explain why we are all friends...

• Love 6
3 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I'm about to do that. I've been successfully prepping lunches on Sundays for the rest of the week since the beginning of the year. It's cut down on the food waste.

I've been setting small goals every two weeks or so. I'm hoping to keep this trend up. I'm struggling with reading more and getting to bed at an appropriate time. I can work from home if I so choose and the cold triggers my asthma so I haven't been going to the office. So I don't get up as early as I should be and I'm staying up too late.

Might be time to put a timer on how much time I spend snarking on the Duggars.

Me too! I just finished reading Gretchen Rubin’s “Better Than Before”. It is all about habit formation and how to know yourself better so you can develop better habits and have a better life overall. I highly recommend! She also has a podcast “Happier” and a lot of the early episodes cover the same content as the book. 

I have alarms set on my phone for  when to get ready for bed and for when to turn the lights out. I also have settings on my phone so that it limits my social media use to 30 mins a day. 

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Me too! I just finished reading Gretchen Rubin’s “Better Than Before”. It is all about habit formation and how to know yourself better so you can develop better habits and have a better life overall. I highly recommend! She also has a podcast “Happier” and a lot of the early episodes cover the same content as the book. 

I have alarms set on my phone for  when to get ready for bed and for when to turn the lights out. I also have settings on my phone so that it limits my social media use to 30 mins a day. 

I've been having horrible insomnia this past week. I think I need to not bring my tablet to bed with me..at all.

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I will have to check that out! Thanks! I quit dancing at the beginning of the year so all of a sudden I have all this "free time". I've started going to the gym more but I didn't realize how much actual dance training sucked up my time, energy, and money. I've stopped eating take out and stopping at restaurants on my way home. I've suspended my laundry delivery service and am doing it myself. My place is more tidy and organized. I don't come home exhausted from training and dealing with the politics of an overzealous, batshit owner whose business is bleeding money. It has truly been night and day. There were days I would just come home and sit on the internet or pass out cold from exhaustion.

I figure I need to be kinder to myself because this has been a huge change. The breaking point was starting to see someone and realizing that training to become a pro dancer was incompatible with having a holistic approach to life. Everyone has asked me when I'm going to go back or if I'm going to pick up a different form of dance since I've dabbled in so many different forms to help my main training. Not yet, not yet. I saw how miserable the pros were and I was getting to that state of misery because it was like holding down a second full time job and then some. I'm loving being able to go to the gym and just train for myself and not because I need the endurance for dance.

So now I have to learn how to be an adult like everyone else rather than just UberEats or sending my laundry out for someone else to do.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I will have to check that out! Thanks! I quit dancing at the beginning of the year so all of a sudden I have all this "free time". I've started going to the gym more but I didn't realize how much actual dance training sucked up my time, energy, and money. I've stopped eating take out and stopping at restaurants on my way home. I've suspended my laundry delivery service and am doing it myself. My place is more tidy and organized. I don't come home exhausted from training and dealing with the politics of an overzealous, batshit owner whose business is bleeding money. It has truly been night and day. There were days I would just come home and sit on the internet or pass out cold from exhaustion.

I figure I need to be kinder to myself because this has been a huge change. The breaking point was starting to see someone and realizing that training to become a pro dancer was incompatible with having a holistic approach to life. Everyone has asked me when I'm going to go back or if I'm going to pick up a different form of dance since I've dabbled in so many different forms to help my main training. Not yet, not yet. I saw how miserable the pros were and I was getting to that state of misery because it was like holding down a second full time job and then some. I'm loving being able to go to the gym and just train for myself and not because I need the endurance for dance.

So now I have to learn how to be an adult like everyone else rather than just UberEats or sending my laundry out for someone else to do.

That is all very interesting!!! I grew up dancing, and it was definitely my passion. I gave it up when I went to college, but I still think of it often and miss it. What kind of dance did you do? What was your training like? I definitely commend you for having a work / life balance now. As much as I loved dancing growing up, being a professional in any art is so difficult. After studying music education, I have such respect for people who pursue the arts on a professional level. My voice program was sooo hard, and it was easy compared to people planning to go on to grad school for it! I'm glad you've got that pressure off your shoulders, and there are soooo many possibilities open to you now!

• Love 5

I'm going to be vague since the fact I put the line in about the studio in there but it's not a very popular dance style right now. It'll be back in style in about 10 years.

Basically I had nearly a full day of studio time with one class and then working with my instructor doing choreography to perform. We were expected to practice during the week and re-watch the practice videos, listen to the music, etc. We'd squeeze in practice during the week closer to performances/events. You are expected to take classes and workshops with traveling master teachers but I didn't find most of them useful. I did find one that was absolutely lovely and if they come back to this area I will be doing classes with them again. I also took other dance styles where I could. Ballet was to assist in posture and hip hop was to assist in being able to make moves look sharp and precise. Plus I was expected to work out on my own time to build endurance.

Most people don't go pro until their late 20s, early 30s in this style unless they are a prodigy or have been training since they could walk.

It just got to a boiling point because the owner explicitly expected us to go out there and make money for the studio with us just "gaining exposure". We should be thankful for them because we were getting exposure for our future career! Doing a performance, even if it is only a 4 minute song, is an all day thing. They also started imposing strict attendance regulations for those who were doing things outside of just taking classes. It was so ridiculously strict that the only way to get around it was by taking a 2 month leave of absence. But then you were stuck trying to catch up on technique and choreography. It wasn't to help us, it was strictly a business decision to try and recoup money for the studio.

The owner also pulled some shady tactics to exploit people who couldn't afford lessons/workshops/etc. but that's getting really into rant territory and I've ranted enough. I can't remember whose granddaughter it was that injured themselves in gymnastics but I saw that and I felt for the kid. We had a few kids training in the studio and their parents were pushing them to train just as hard as the adults. It was supposed to be for fun for them and it clearly wasn't.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I can't remember whose granddaughter it was that injured themselves in gymnastics but I saw that and I felt for the kid. We had a few kids training in the studio and their parents were pushing them to train just as hard as the adults. It was supposed to be for fun for them and it clearly wasn't.

That was my granddaughter. She's having surgery in two days..but she just sent me a picture of her yesterday still in the gym training! 🙁 ( her upper body.)

I.just.can't.with.her.parents.

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 12

I got both of my boys back last night after a being without them for two weeks because they were showing  animals at the stock show with their grandfather. 

Also in better news Mondays are my day off from work and today was a perfect Monday to be off because right now I have six inches of snow and counting and the boys had school.

• Love 11
12 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

That was my granddaughter. She's having surgery in two days..but she just sent me a picture of her yesterday still in the gym training! 🙁 ( her upper body.)

I.just.can't.with.her.parents.

That's ridiculous. If I were that kid's coach I'd be asking them to sit out until after assessment by a physician and physiotherapist. It's a waste of their time and my time to have a kid around training who may have a "career ending" injury post surgery. I put that in quotation marks because how much of a career can a young child have?

There was one family that has this idea their eldest is going to be a star and they've been pushing her since she's a toddler. She's old enough to drive and she's in classes with 4 year olds because the parents a) don't want to pay extra money for her to be in the classes with adults (like she should be) and b) her parents obviously don't want her to be a small fish in a big pond. She only enjoys the attention of being on stage. I don't think she actually enjoys being in class. Her younger sister is much more talented but they had her quit because she has stage fright and would freeze whenever in front of an audience.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

That's ridiculous. If I were that kid's coach I'd be asking them to sit out until after assessment by a physician and physiotherapist. It's a waste of their time and my time to have a kid around training who may have a "career ending" injury post surgery. I put that in quotation marks because how much of a career can a young child have?

There was one family that has this idea their eldest is going to be a star and they've been pushing her since she's a toddler. She's old enough to drive and she's in classes with 4 year olds because the parents a) don't want to pay extra money for her to be in the classes with adults (like she should be) and b) her parents obviously don't want her to be a small fish in a big pond. She only enjoys the attention of being on stage. I don't think she actually enjoys being in class. Her younger sister is much more talented but they had her quit because she has stage fright and would freeze whenever in front of an audience.

Wow, four-year-olds?! That must suck for her!!! I had a friend like that, who competed on level 4 in gymnastics through high school. For people unfamiliar with gymnastics, level 4 takes some skill, and is obviously better than someone could do off the street, but it's usually the first level that most people compete. The really good gymnasts do level four at six years old and move on, and you'll have some kids who are older due to late starts, but it's really rare to be above elementary aged, or usually above third grade or so. Anyway, this girl's parents constantly bragged about how great of a gymnast she was, and how he had all these medals, and acted like she was on the Olympic level. Then finally her friends came to a meet, and were shocked that she was competing against a bunch of babies. When they asked her why she didn't move up, she said, "if I'm on level four, I can win!" It was just disgusting! Her parents were also stage parents, and her brother was in theatre with me and always got the lead role (and he should have, because he really was awesome). I feel bad for her, because she couldn't compete with her talented brother, so she felt she had to stay level four so her parents would see her as a star, too. Really, though, the coaches shouldn't have allowed her to stay there. 

• Love 9

So, I had jury duty this morning. And of course a snowstorm moved in during the wee hours and had a fun time with us during the morning commute. I took light rail downtown, caught the 6:40 am train from my nearby station, slogged six blocks through mostly unplowed sidewalks with snow blowing in my face, and was expecting to buy a cup of coffee once I got into the courthouse. Sad surprise: I hadn't been there for awhile, and now there is NO place to buy a cup of coffee in the whole building. That's just grim, people.

Anyway I did my duty, was finally dismissed early this afternoon, so it's over and I can't be called again for the rest of the calendar year. By the time I was dismissed the snow had stopped and the sun was out - so the trip home wasn't nasty like the trip in this morning. Here's a snap of the light rail station this morning. Blowing snow and all. You can probably see why I was looking forward to that cup of coffee I never got.

IMG_20190128_064127-01.thumb.jpeg.ae07728013001dbb684d8ab671bd7f38.jpeg

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

So, I had jury duty this morning. And of course a snowstorm moved in during the wee hours and had a fun time with us during the morning commute. I took light rail downtown, caught the 6:40 am train from my nearby station, slogged six blocks through mostly unplowed sidewalks with snow blowing in my face, and was expecting to buy a cup of coffee once I got into the courthouse. Sad surprise: I hadn't been there for awhile, and now there is NO place to buy a cup of coffee in the whole building. That's just grim, people.

Anyway I did my duty, was finally dismissed early this afternoon, so it's over and I can't be called again for the rest of the calendar year. By the time I was dismissed the snow had stopped and the sun was out - so the trip home wasn't nasty like the trip in this morning. Here's a snap of the light rail station this morning. Blowing snow and all. You can probably see why I was looking forward to that cup of coffee I never got.

Im so so SO sorry you never got that coffee.

We are about the same. College closed at 3pm today (which didn't even affect me because i had class until 1:20) but 15 cm tonight and a good chance we'll be cancelled tomorrow too. I do not fancy being behind on the day I have (two VERY HEAVY design courses) tomorrow but we will see. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

That's beautiful!!!! I've always loved snow, and I feel that I was a Midwesterner in a past life. 😂😂😂 I went to the Midwest on a choir tour, and just felt such a sense of belonging there, with the weather and the people. I also hate the Southern summers, and while the winters are nice, I long for snow. I get so sad when it snows eight inches, and then the next day it's 75 degrees and so quickly gone. We have an interminable summer where you can't even go stand outside for long without sweating through your clothes, and then you think it's going to end in September...nope...October? Then finally in late October it gets crisp for a couple weeks, and then it's winter. Between November and march, it vascillates between a week of 60 degrees, a week of below freezing, a week of 75, a week of cold and snow...and a lot of the time, we get all that in one week! Then, you have maybe a couple nice weeks of spring, and it's back to summer! Of course, it's nice to be able to exercise outside in winter, but I thiiiiiink I would rather be able to exercise outdoors in the summer, when it's pretty.

what city do you live in? That is so gorgeous. 

• Love 7
Just now, Christina87 said:

That's beautiful!!!! I've always loved snow, and I feel that I was a Midwesterner in a past life. 😂😂😂 I went to the Midwest on a choir tour, and just felt such a sense of belonging there, with the weather and the people. I also hate the Southern summers, and while the winters are nice, I long for snow. I get so sad when it snows eight inches, and then the next day it's 75 degrees and so quickly gone. We have an interminable summer where you can't even go stand outside for long without sweating through your clothes, and then you think it's going to end in September...nope...October? Then finally in late October it gets crisp for a couple weeks, and then it's winter. Between November and march, it vascillates between a week of 60 degrees, a week of below freezing, a week of 75, a week of cold and snow...and a lot of the time, we get all that in one week! Then, you have maybe a couple nice weeks of spring, and it's back to summer! Of course, it's nice to be able to exercise outside in winter, but I thiiiiiink I would rather be able to exercise outdoors in the summer, when it's pretty.

what city do you live in? That is so gorgeous. 

I'm in Denver, @Christina87. It may look pretty in that picture, but it was a PITA to be there with snow blowing at me horizontally. The redeeming thing about the weather here is that it's rarely that socked-in, gray-for-days, iced-over thing that other climates get. The snow stopped about 1:30 pm, and the sun came out, and it's not flip-flops weather but it's much more pleasant. 

• Love 5