Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Jeanne222 said:

Omg that airplane!  I'm thinking it was heading for Hawaii.  What if it was out over the Pacific and couldn't land so fast.

Thank God they are safe.  Wow.

Yes, it was headed for Hawaii. The engine blew just after takeoff. Kudos to the crew for the safe landing. 

• Love 9
Just now, Jeeves said:

Yes, it was headed for Hawaii. The engine blew just after takeoff. Kudos to the crew for the safe landing. 

I was just thinking back on my plane trip to Hawaii.  It was a huge plane with hundreds of passengers.  I think 350!   How excited I was because Hawaii was my dream come true.

Just reading about this gave me shivers and prayers they are ok.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Anyone else still owns dvds/cds??? Or am I the last one haha.

Nope. I've got tons. I've even got some VHS and a VCR. I'll never give up my dvds. Got some for Christmas actually. Not everything is available online. 

• Love 9
46 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Tomorrow I plan to clean out a closet which holds them plus original cassettes from the 70’s-80’s.  The conundrum is what do I do with them? 

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Tomorrow I plan to clean out a closet which holds them plus original cassettes from the 70’s-80’s.  The conundrum is what do I do with them? 

Give them to me 🤣🤣🤣

(if I lived next door)

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Because there are never enough pictures of cute pups. 

FB_IMG_1613857850149.jpg

My beautiful sleek red pit boxer thinks they look WONDERFUL.  She’s asking me to print that out and blow it up poster size.  Is that weird??  Just the perfect size too.  

@QuinnInND I don’t have advice either - but am really oddly happy you read her letter.  Doesnt “sound” painful.  So I’m relieved she took the more vanilla approach instead of tear spots on the paper.  That’s seems - I dunno - hopeful to me somehow.  Like she’s not over-pushing, and is respecting your boundaries.  I mean, other than sending a PI out to shake the bushes for you.  Sort of maybe kind of a least invasive???  It seems like she’s leaving the decisions up to you.  Am I reading too much into that?  I bet she used a half ream of paper to write that over and over, inspecting every sentence - every word.  

• Love 10
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

You're not the last one.  I haven't bought any new cds lately, but do buy dvds.  I want to own the things I know I'll want to see again.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

@ChiCricket , don't go getting any ideas about how to deal with difficult husbands.

He just came down and profusely apologized, so I guess I'll let him live...for now.😁 It only took almost two whole days of the silent treatment before he cracked. He even asked me if I accepted his apology.

(guess he could tell how pissed I was.)

3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I just got rid of most of mine, because I realized I'm too lazy to even stick them in a player anymore.

It's been years since I last watched anything that I had to more than push a button on a remote to watch. (reminds me of George Jetson, who was worn out after just pushing a button for his job all day.) That's me..I'm a George now.😂

And the only ones any of my grown kids even wanted were ones they could play in their car's players when they were taking a long ride. Because now they only want to push a button on a remote too.

I remember being so excited back on the day when I could finally afford a VCR.

I just thought that was the be all and end all...the best invention ever...to be able to watch a movie of my choice in my home. Now I don't even own one videotape.

I did keep the DVD movie that Lin-Manuel was in that I bought for $50(!) years ago:

200 Cartas (200 letters) You can get it for $20 now, but back then, it was rare.

(My husband and family all  know that Lin is my make believe boyfriend)😍😂

OH! and regarding icicles..I vividly remember my dad teachng us that "yes, icicles are pretty to look at, but a well insulated house should not have them...or at least not big ones..where the big ones form is because right above them is where your heat is escaping for lack of proper insuation." 

Oops..I went from very crabby to very blabby..so sorry.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Love 16
10 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Give them to me 🤣🤣🤣

(if I lived next door)

I rather pay the postage and mail them to you than toss them out. If you sincerely want them PM me with details. 
    None of the second hand shops (I usually use ones that donates to their profits to either the animal shelter or domestic violence shelter) are accepting any donations at this time due to the pandemic. 
   I am keeping my CDs and DVDs for now as I have a player for them in the house and usually choose a few to keep in my car. It’s an hour ride to my daughter’s home. One CD up and one back. I think last time it was Bohemian Rhapsody there and the Allman Brothers Live at Fillmore East on the way home. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
I added a paragraph.
  • Love 5
42 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

You might as well laugh, especially when nobody was injured. 

1596636267_ScreenShot2021-02-21at7_04_18AM.png.fea72f665f12100fb7b57b971759adf3.png

I read about that flight from Denver to Hawaii having a catastrophic engine failure yesterday.  Pieces of the engine rained all over suburban Denver, mostly on a soccer field where people were actually playing!  No one was injured at all!  The plane made a u-turn and safely landed back in Denver with fire blasting out of an engine.

My husband and I recently traveled to Hawaii.  We rarely travel and I cannot imagine what would have happened if this happened way out over the Pacific ocean.

These brave people hopped off the plane, were hussled inside to pizza and snacks, and hopped right back on a different plane and went to Hawaii.

• Love 12

@ChiCricket, I'm glad your hubby came to his senses. I have to say that your story resembled our Covid-19 vaccine tale. Last month I received an opportunity via email to sign us up for shots through our county. I had put us on a list (we're 1b) and was told we'd be notified  when appointments became available. When I saw the email that they were available, I immediately signed us up for that Saturday. Then he had a cow because we had just had a storm (Chicago area) and another was on the way Saturday. And I made it for a pharmacy 20 minutes away. He said I should have checked the weather forecast first. I will bet you that I wouldn't have gotten any appt. if I did that, because I tried to change it to please him and there were no more, so we kept it. And btw, it didn't snow that day until we were safely home! Anyway, I feel that his crankiness is more of an aging guy thing. He worries about driving in bad weather and he never used to. Now that we've had both doses, he's very glad that I made those appointments and realizes how fortunate we are to have gotten the vaccine. He still says I should have checked the weather first though! 🙄

We got the 2nd shot yesterday (Pfizer) and I don't even have a sore arm!

• Love 18

My in-laws have been trying desperately to get their vaccines since 65 and older could get them. They haven't had any luck. They are on the lists to be notified when the vaccine comes in  at Walgreens and their doctors. They try several times a day. My FIL is up at 5 or 6 in the morning and the first thing he does is look for an appointment. They aren't picky either. They have two Walgreens in the city they live in, but are looking at ones miles and miles from their house. Anybody that has a family memeber upset about when or where you got the appointment, remind them of the millions that can't get find an appointment anywhere.

My parents are lucky to be living in independant living as Walgreens has come to them to distribute the vaccine. Had they still been living in their house, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have had theirs yet either. They get their second dose on Friday.

• Love 15

Since my sister gave me her phone number as well as her email and physical address for me to contact her if I wish, my husband suggested texting her first, if I decide to contact her. He said we could get me one of those prepaid phones so I've got a number that doesn't come back to me in that sense. That would be more secure. I'm going on the premise that the detective didn't give them my address and my married name. Which sounds like a good plan. Because I was thinking out loud and wondering how I could contact her anonymously so to speak. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Since my sister gave me her phone number as well as her email and physical address for me to contact her if I wish, my husband suggested texting her first, if I decide to contact her. He said we could get me one of those prepaid phones so I've got a number that doesn't come back to me in that sense. That would be more secure. I'm going on the premise that the detective didn't give them my address and my married name. Which sounds like a good plan. Because I was thinking out loud and wondering how I could contact her anonymously so to speak. 

You could also create a Google number, so it comes to your phone but they don’t have your real number. A separate email address might me nice too just for the communication. 

I am glad you read your sister’s letter, and that it brought you comfort. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Not at all... I’m just glad your husband came to his senses. I guess we’ll cancel the group kicking...for now 😈😈😈😈😈

But we’re watching, and maybe just a wee bit trigger ready...

that AIRPLANE!!!  At least it wasn’t an eyeball.  (I said something to my daughter about that episode once - she absolutely didn’t remember it.  I couldn’t forget it!)

happy Sunday everyone!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

QVC sells tracfons with a year of service for like $60. 

• Useful 4
6 hours ago, Jeeves said:

You might as well laugh, especially when nobody was injured. 

1596636267_ScreenShot2021-02-21at7_04_18AM.png.fea72f665f12100fb7b57b971759adf3.png

Just got a call from  coworker of mine and they just came back from their honeymoon and found part of the plane in their front yard yikes.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, louannems said:

I read about that flight from Denver to Hawaii having a catastrophic engine failure yesterday.  Pieces of the engine rained all over suburban Denver, mostly on a soccer field where people were actually playing!  No one was injured at all!  The plane made a u-turn and safely landed back in Denver with fire blasting out of an engine.

My husband and I recently traveled to Hawaii.  We rarely travel and I cannot imagine what would have happened if this happened way out over the Pacific ocean.

These brave people hopped off the plane, were hussled inside to pizza and snacks, and hopped right back on a different plane and went to Hawaii.

That sounds really traumatic for all involved 😔 so glad they are physically ok. 

6 hours ago, Madtown said:

My in-laws have been trying desperately to get their vaccines since 65 and older could get them. They haven't had any luck. They are on the lists to be notified when the vaccine comes in  at Walgreens and their doctors. They try several times a day. My FIL is up at 5 or 6 in the morning and the first thing he does is look for an appointment. They aren't picky either. They have two Walgreens in the city they live in, but are looking at ones miles and miles from their house. Anybody that has a family memeber upset about when or where you got the appointment, remind them of the millions that can't get find an appointment anywhere.

My parents are lucky to be living in independant living as Walgreens has come to them to distribute the vaccine. Had they still been living in their house, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have had theirs yet either. They get their second dose on Friday.

I tried too in the middle of the night when I couldn’t sleep. 20 different places on my state website (and each of those options with multiple sites, like grocery stores, pharmacies, etc that give you all options within a 30 mi radius) nothing. 

4 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

I thought this was cool (I saw it posted on Facebook)

Someone then commented:

"And all the neighborhood doggies will come along and water all the pretty flowers" 🤣

FB_IMG_1613940435146.jpg

FB_IMG_1613941228417.jpg

I saw this on Facebook a few days ago as well, and my first thought was, "how cool is this going to look once it melts a bit and all the colors start running together?"

Sorry I haven't been here in a while - I just saw that someone was sweet enough to worry about me, and that @Happyfatchick passed on the info that she's seem me around on Facebook...I check out the Prayer Closet every so often, but have only started to see whether I have any chance of catching up elsewhere, or whether I should call it a loss and just start over from scratch with the newer posts...There seems to be so much going on, and I hate to feel as though I don't respond to everyone equally. It just seems, lately, that by the time I'm up and about, and have caught up with some of the news, this, that, and the other, scroll through Facebook, and basically get done with current events, I'm already behind with real-life. Without getting political, let me just say that every time I feel as though I just need to get past the latest crisis in the headlines before I stop being so obsessive, something else seems to pop up. But at least nowadays it's a little less focused on the transition in administrations, so maybe I'll manage to dial back. 

Otherwise, everything is going well in this neck of the woods...I'm still enjoying winter even if I'm the only one. Will try to get back in the swing of things around here....All the best to everyone until I catch up!

• Love 23

I saw this on Twitter and laughed my ass off. I already speak to my dog in funny voices, I didn't need quarantine to start that, but it will be interesting to see how many of us have to relearn social skills.

20210221_201353.jpg

• LOL 19
  • Love 1

Hi @Jynnan tonnix! We missed you and we’re glad to hear all is well. It does seem that if you don’t read posts for a few days you become hopelessly behind. But go ahead and dip your toes in and snark away.

For good news Sunday, Ozziedad and I are getting second vaccine tomorrow afternoon. Looking forward to having that behind us. We’re hoping to get out of Florida for at least a bit in the summer. It is already humid some days even though it’s still February! Although I won’t complain about the weather after all the cold, snow and ice other places got. 

• Love 10
On 2/20/2021 at 8:06 PM, Jeeves said:

Okay, this was a nice quiet day here, mild weather, sunny (though a storm is spozed to be moving in tonight). And then this afternoon, just to keep the weirdness that is 2021 going - jet plane parts fell out of the sky over one of the northern suburbs here. Fortunately (amazingly!) nobody on the ground was injured, and the plane whose engine had that spectacular failure turned back and was safely landed at the airport with no injuries on the aircraft either. I've seen video showing that the failed engine was still flaming as the plane was landing. Holy hell. I don't live anywhere near that part of town, but happened to be scrolling through my Twitter feed when a couple of tweets from locals popped up, along the lines of "was that an airplane part that fell on the park in Broomfield just now?" Wowzer. 

Yesterday I watched the new film Nomadland, on Hulu. I'd been looking forward to it, and wasn't disappointed. I watched it again this afternoon.

ETA: @QuinnInND, good to hear that you read your sister's letter and don't regret it. I got no advice, just wishing you the best as you deal with the situation.

I watched Nomadland too. I thought it was really good.  I would encourage you all to check it out.  It’s more than a film......it has a very special meaning. It’s difficult to describe.  

• Love 6

@Jynnan tonnix Good to have you back. Have you and Mr. Jynnan gotten vaccinated yet?

@QuinnInND I agree with @Scarlett45 and @iwantcookies that getting a burner phone/account would be good before you contact your sister. I also recommend reading your mother's letter. They contacted you as a set. Your sister will probably try to patch up with mommy dearest. I know she seems nice, and maybe she is. Nice people tend to think everything can be resolved like a Disney movie or '50s sitcom. They can also be really pushy. 

I hope everyone else is doing as well as can be. 

• Love 8

@Jynnan tonnix, glad to see you back!

I am feeling very crotchety and stressed, so I really need Good News Sunday.

What is stressing me out: my incredibly heavy workload (tax season is apparently all my responsibility this year?!), that I'm behind on that incredibly heavy workload, law school applications are due on March 1st, and I have two more CPA exams coming up in March. Also, my boyfriend is worried about his parents because they need elder care -- and he's trying to get it for them but they're being very resistant. Plus, because of this stress, we're both preoccupied and not in the best moods. I wish we could be more help to each other, but really all we can offer each other is moral support and that's not really enough. And on top of all that, the ice and the cold and the lack of vaccines and the constant double threats of covid and the depression/recession.

It's not a lot compared to what a lot of people are dealing with, but I feel like this constant pressure day after day is grinding me down. I'm trying to keep perspective and keep my eyes on the prize, but sometimes I'm just so exhausted. And I'm really feeling that right now.

Trying to find some good news...

My boyfriend got my robovac working again, and it's making the house so nice and clean, without any work from me.

... But I somehow lost the robovac tonight? It got stuck somewhere and was beeping and beeping, but finally it stopped and now I can't find it. I live in a condo, it's not like there's acres of space where it could be. But I've literally looked everywhere I could think of, including under all the big furniture. Really lucky that they rebooted Unsolved Mysteries, because this is fucking strange!

• Love 13

Many of you are calling numerous places that are giving vaccine shots with no luck.

In my state we call a number at the state government level.  Enter our birthday and if eligible proceed to making an appointment at many of the choices they list.

If I was to call the places giving the vaccine they would tell me no.  It would be like putting the cart before the horse.

I hope that is helpful information.

15 minutes ago, rue721 said:

@Jynnan tonnix, glad to see you back!

I am feeling very crotchety and stressed, so I really need Good News Sunday.

What is stressing me out: my incredibly heavy workload (tax season is apparently all my responsibility this year?!), that I'm behind on that incredibly heavy workload, law school applications are due on March 1st, and I have two more CPA exams coming up in March. Also, my boyfriend is worried about his parents because they need elder care -- and he's trying to get it for them but they're being very resistant. Plus, because of this stress, we're both preoccupied and not in the best moods. I wish we could be more help to each other, but really all we can offer each other is moral support and that's not really enough. And on top of all that, the ice and the cold and the lack of vaccines and the constant double threats of covid and the depression/recession.

It's not a lot compared to what a lot of people are dealing with, but I feel like this constant pressure day after day is grinding me down. I'm trying to keep perspective and keep my eyes on the prize, but sometimes I'm just so exhausted. And I'm really feeling that right now.

Trying to find some good news...

My boyfriend got my robovac working again, and it's making the house so nice and clean, without any work from me.

... But I somehow lost the robovac tonight? It got stuck somewhere and was beeping and beeping, but finally it stopped and now I can't find it. I live in a condo, it's not like there's acres of space where it could be. But I've literally looked everywhere I could think of, including under all the big furniture. Really lucky that they rebooted Unsolved Mysteries, because this is fucking strange!

Mine is usually under a bed of stuck under a recliner!

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Many of you are calling numerous places that are giving vaccine shots with no luck.

In my state we call a number at the state government level.  Enter our birthday and if eligible proceed to making an appointment at many of the choices they list.

If I was to call the places giving the vaccine they would tell me no.  It would be like putting the cart before the horse.

I hope that is helpful information.

I think the process varies widely by state. Here in Arkansas, you can directly call places giving vaccines and schedule an appointment or get on a wait list, and I don't think there is any statewide hotline you can call to make appointments, though I could be mistaken. My grandmother put herself and my grandpa on one list by calling a pharmacy, and I booked them on a backup list through a 2nd pharmacy's online scheduler. My boss booked us on the first waitlist by emailing the pharmacy. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 4

CA is such a clusterfuck. I have my name on several wait lists, but they're still only vaxxing 65+ and medical workers. It's going to be a while before they get to me. As a medical worker, Mr. Woodhouse is vaccinated, so I feel a lot safer than I did for the ten months prior. 

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

CA is such a clusterfuck. I have my name on several wait lists, but they're still only vaxxing 65+ and medical workers. It's going to be a while before they get to me. As a medical worker, Mr. Woodhouse is vaccinated, so I feel a lot safer than I did for the ten months prior. 

My grandparents are on track to get the vaccine faster through the second waitlist, even though they've been on the first one 2.5 weeks longer. I'm not eligible yet, but I'm seriously considering trying to go through the second pharmacy once I am eligible. But unlike the other place, they don't have a waitlist. If you're not eligible yet, they won't accept an appointment. 

Editing to clarify: the second one isn't a waitlist. It's an appointment. I just reread this and realized it sounded like utter gibberish! Sorry!

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 7
  • Love 1
Just now, Zella said:

My grandparents are on track to get the vaccine faster through the second waitlist, even though they've been on the first one 2.5 weeks longer. I'm not eligible yet, but I'm seriously considering trying to go through the second pharmacy once I am eligible. But unlike the other place, they don't have a waitlist. If you're not eligible yet, they won't accept an appointment. 

That's how it is with CVS. If you're not eligible, you don't get to put yourself on a waitlist. Their slots are all taken anyway. 

• Love 5

I know some places have a list like a back-up list. Once they unfreeze, the vaccine they have to use all the doses in one go. So sometimes they'll have a dose to ready and waiting, but no one to give it to. In that case, they call a person on the back-up list, and tell them "If you're here in x number of minutes, we'll vaccinate you."  No one I know is on that list, but hopefully that's helpful to someone. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 1

Gosh this has to be a nightmare for all of you and the drug stores!  All those phone calls for both of you and the pharmacy.

I do know CVS is owned by Aetna so I wonder if their own carded customers come first?

None of our pharmacies are getting the vaccine yet.  Just hospitals.  All of them. My shots were both given by nurses.  First an ER nurse second one a Home Care nurse.

I know Federal is letting each state handle their own way of giving shots.  Once there is more vaccine it should flow a little better.

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Temperance said:

@Jynnan tonnix

@QuinnInND I agree with @Scarlett45 and @iwantcookies that getting a burner phone/account would be good before you contact your sister. I also recommend reading your mother's letter. They contacted you as a set. Your sister will probably try to patch up with mommy dearest. I know she seems nice, and maybe she is. Nice people tend to think everything can be resolved like a Disney movie or '50s sitcom. They can also be really pushy. 

I probably should read hers too, but I don't want to push my blood pressure to dangerous levels. I know it's going to be "I'm sorry about what happened and what I let happen, but I was trapped blah blah blah". Yeah, I know all about being trapped in an abusive situation and being well and truly stuck with nowhere to turn. But I didn't have a child or children at the time. It was just me. I'd walk through bubbling lava barefoot before I'd allow anyone to hurt my children. I'd blow the son of a bitch away myself. I don't want to listen to a bunch of excuses from her that don't cut it with me.  And, to clarify, I'm not bad mouthing any woman who is stuck with an abuser and has children (or not) and has nowhere to turn.  I'm speaking for my mother and our situation and the way I feel about our situation.  I'll probably have my husband read it first. 

Off to make sure my kids are logged in and ready for school, try and login to my class and get the school day started. Hopefully all my tiny humans will be in class today. Have a good day, everyone! 

Edited by QuinnInND
  • Love 16
9 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

I probably should read hers too, but I don't want to push my blood pressure to dangerous levels. I know it's going to be "I'm sorry about what happened and what I let happen, but I was trapped blah blah blah". Yeah, I know all about being trapped in an abusive situation and being well and truly stuck with nowhere to turn. But I didn't have a child or children at the time. It was just me. I'd walk through bubbling lava barefoot before I'd allow anyone to hurt my children. I'd blow the son of a bitch away myself. I don't want to listen to a bunch of excuses from her that don't cut it with me.  And, to clarify, I'm not bad mouthing any woman who is stuck with an abuser and has children (or not) and has nowhere to turn.  I'm speaking for my mother and our situation and the way I feel about our situation.  I'll probably have my husband read it first. 

Off to make sure my kids are logged in and ready for school, try and login tI my class and get the school day started. Hopefully all my tiny humans will be in class today. Have a good day, everyone! 

Whatever you decide to do with the letter and relationship with your mother is up to you.  You were the victim.  Some scars never heal.

It sounds like you have made a good life with and for your family.  

I too had to walk away and once I did...I never looked back.  I just couldn't.

Hugs and understanding!

• Love 12

@Jynnan tonnix Good to have you back. Have you and Mr. Jynnan gotten vaccinated yet?

I hope everyone else is doing as well as can be. 

We are not yet eligible for the vaccination. The age is still at 65 and over here in CT, and though we have a couple of risk factors between us, I don't think CT is quite up to us yet. Mr Jyn turns 65 in October, but we are hoping that the supply will enable both of us to get the vaccine before then anyway. 

Both my sons have gotten vaccinated already due to their being considered essential workers (on in the Marines, and one doing Counter-cyber-espionage work for the government), though my librarian daughter does not seem to be considered essential. But her library is being really good with protocols, so she feels safe enough. I'm working on getting my mom vaccinated, but haven't been able to score an appointment yet.

• Love 8

In San Diego County, CA, people over 65 and active health care workers are eligible and there are plenty of slots opening each week.  Although Petco Park is temporarily closed due to delivery delays from the snow storms.  They'll reopen as soon as the deliveries arrive.  Kaiser is now sending out notices and vaccinating their patients.  It has taken some time to get things rolling, but that's expected with all new ventures.  The state is rolling out a centralized site to the rest of the state.  Although my neighbors and I found that the wait list didn't work well.  We both kept checking places and have our first dose and still haven't been contacted from the wait list and since appointments are open at multiple sites decided we never will be.  

• Love 6

I know some places have a list like a back-up list. Once they unfreeze, the vaccine they have to use all the doses in one go. So sometimes they'll have a dose to ready and waiting, but no one to give it to. In that case, they call a person on the back-up list, and tell them "If you're here in x number of minutes, we'll vaccinate you."  No one I know is on that list, but hopefully that's helpful to someone. 

this scenario is how i got my 1st shot last week. fortunately, my name was added to the backup list through no effort of my own. i must say, even with it being only the first shot, its a feeling of relief that i didnt expect.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, Temperance said:

My employer is doing something similar to that for employees.  It seems that a lot of employees put off getting their vaccine when it was initially offered and, when Ohio moved on to other groups, the governor ruled that anyone in the first group (healthcare workers) would no longer be preferred, but would have to wait until the group for their age or history came up.  I've talked to a couple of people who delayed getting theirs thinking they could step to the head of the line when they were ready.  My employer now has a pool of people who are healthcare workers and want vaccinations.  If the people working the sites notice that they are going to have leftover doses, they send an email notice to all of those people who have 30 minutes to respond and then 30 minutes to get their butt  to the vaccination site.  It seems to be working and preventing any wastage.  Glad I just went ahead and got mine when they sent the notice though.

• Love 13