Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

30 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

Speaking of flowers you have made your 7,000 flower petals by hand to save money, right?  (Dig at Sister Wives)

Or those wind catcher things they made out of embroidery hoops?

I will be happy to help out in kitchen with reception food. This will be the first wedding I've done but I can always ring up Sierra or Laura for help.   I'll be wearing my hair loose & wild, no hair net for me nor will I wear gloves but I will be wearing my frumpwear apron.   I can be in charge of measuring out the teaspoonfuls of dip allotted each guest, like the Bateses. I can also whip up Snack mix or just empty out bags of Aldi or Sam's club mix or Would you prefer popcorn? Or is this this a sit down affair with Tater Tot casserole & Chickenetti?  Would you like lemonade served Or are you going wild & serving the bubbly?  I can go buy Dixie cups for whichever you choose. Only the best for you two.

2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Spent months crocheting them. My hands ache so. Hoping for a hand-rub tomorrow.

You didn't have hand sex while you were engaged? 

• Love 16

The drones are going to drop 2 metric tons of confetti in our wedding colors of Blush and Bashful on the crowd. We wanted to switch it up and be original!

So, your colors are pink and pink. Please tell me there will be a second bride's cake (since there is no groom) of red velvet with gray icing in the shape of an armadillo.

• Love 19
15 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

So excited for the upcoming nuptials tomorrow for our very own @Celia Rubenstein and @GeeGolly. All modesty panels have been sewn in the bridesmaid's dresses, but I will make sure I bring my trusty sewing machine to the ceremony tomorrow in case I have any last minute mending to do. Who is in charge of the drone to bring the rings? And the confetti cannon?

Looking forward to the pre-wedding feast tonight of pickles, powdered lemonade, melted root beer floats and nuts! Cheers!

It will be so surreal to see you enter this new season of life. Don’t forget, practice makes progress and progress makes babies!  Oh wait...

• Love 17
2 hours ago, emma675 said:

Please tell me there will be a second bride's cake (since there is no groom) of red velvet with gray icing in the shape of an armadillo.

Actually, the second cake is going to be in the shape of a snake. We found a baker with enough counter space.

• Love 15
8 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Or those wind catcher things they made out of embroidery hoops?

I will be happy to help out in kitchen with reception food. This will be the first wedding I've done but I can always ring up Sierra or Laura for help.   I'll be wearing my hair loose & wild, no hair net for me nor will I wear gloves but I will be wearing my frumpwear apron.   I can be in charge of measuring out the teaspoonfuls of dip allotted each guest, like the Bateses. I can also whip up Snack mix or just empty out bags of Aldi or Sam's club mix or Would you prefer popcorn? Or is this this a sit down affair with Tater Tot casserole & Chickenetti?  Would you like lemonade served Or are you going wild & serving the bubbly?  I can go buy Dixie cups for whichever you choose. Only the best for you two.

You didn't have hand sex while you were engaged? 

Did you secure the parking lot? Or are you actually going to have tables and chairs?

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Did you secure the parking lot? Or are you actually going to have tables and chairs?

With tables and chairs come great expectations. So no.

I hear there's a big grassy area in NWA. Too late to change the venue?

• Love 12

Was the rehearsal dinner held at Tacos 4Life or that Grille Restaurant they always go to?   The rehearsal dinners seem to be better than the receptions. 

Are you wearing shoes or going with bare feet?  

Don't forget to run down the aisle during recessional for your first private moment together.

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 9

I sure hope that you have Jilly R doing your hair and makeup! Are the Rodgrigues kids going to sing, they sound so lovely.  Oh better yet, them, Bates kids and the Duggar kids! That would be some choir!

Also, are all your attendants couples or will some of their significant others run out of the pews to grab their partner, Smuggar style?

• Love 11

Is Jim Bob going to be doing "The Talk" with you ladies before @GeeGolly drags the luggage to the hotel room?  

I feel like I haven't contributed at all to this wedding. I will bring three heaters and 10 cartons of ice cream (8 regular, two vegan).   I have a few extra lawn chairs from tent camping, I can bring those too.  Do you want a propane stove?  Would that work to cook the hot dogs or is Sierra putting them on sticks in a mason jar display?

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Madtown said:

I sure hope that you have Jilly R doing your hair and makeup! Are the Rodgrigues kids going to sing, they sound so lovely.  Oh better yet, them, Bates kids and the Duggar kids! That would be some choir!

Also, are all your attendants couples or will some of their significant others run out of the pews to grab their partner, Smuggar style?

Great post @Madtown.  Loved the choir idea. Don't forget JD can lead the whole group like he did at Joys (?) wedding. I think the Rodrigui clan should get front row seats. Hope they are all color coordinated. I'm sure Jill R. will love to be the beauty coordinator.  Maybe she could do the Sharpie racoon smoky eye look for you. 

• Love 10

I hope no one minds if I wear my prescription sunglasses during the wedding ceremony. My eyes are dry, painful, and a little red and puffy from my sinuses starting to act up. I will put a toddler in front of my face so no one can see me in the pictures.

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

One of us will have to wear an ugly tin foil type dress to the wedding. Any takers?

Do we need to wear clodhopper shoes with it or can we shock everyone with 4 inch sequined  spike heels?

I hope someone is working on the flower initial made out of flowers for the backdrop. I'm sure Miss Cindy can give hints. 

10 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I hope no one minds if I wear my prescription sunglasses during the wedding ceremony. My eyes are dry, painful, and a little red and puffy from my sinuses starting to act up. I will put a toddler in front of my face so no one can see me in the pictures.

I dont think it will be a problem. Great idea to hold toddler. Remember Joshley threw on sunglasses when he grabbed Anna coming back down the aisle at Jill's wedding. 

• Love 6

Oh,what shall I wear? I can't find anything in my closet that doesn't have one or another of the eye traps identified in dear Mr.Gothard's helpful pamphlets. V-necks...sleeveless dresses...provocatively positioned embellishments...I'm so afraid I'll defraud one of you into allowing Satan to build a fortress in your heart, and maybe even get divorced! Maybe I'd better stay home just in case...

• Love 10

Glad they wore the rain boots @GeeGolly  I knew that was the right way to go., the fields can get muddy when the ground thaws from the propane heaters. 

What do you guys think?   My daughter saw this idea on a Pinterest board and really wants to bring the 107 flamingos that we used for a ginder reveal a few years ago.  At first I said that would be too many flamingos but I'm rethinking...if we scatter them around the field a bit, do you think it will look OK?  

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

Great post @Madtown.  Loved the choir idea. Don't forget JD can lead the whole group like he did at Joys (?) wedding. I think the Rodrigui clan should get front row seats. Hope they are all color coordinated. I'm sure Jill R. will love to be the beauty coordinator.  Maybe she could do the Sharpie racoon smoky eye look for you. 

Oh yeah, forgot about the JD thing! I also thought that maybe Lawson Bates could sing a beautiful ballad as the guests start arriving..

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Oh,what shall I wear? I can't find anything in my closet that doesn't have one or another of the eye traps identified in dear Mr.Gothard's helpful pamphlets. V-necks...sleeveless dresses...provocatively positioned embellishments...I'm so afraid I'll defraud one of you into allowing Satan to build a fortress in your heart, and maybe even get divorced! Maybe I'd better stay home just in case...

Just layer it up& you'll be fine. Do you have  a mustard colored cardigan to wear on top of everything? 

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Our rehearsal dinner last night. Tim Gunn will be officiating today. 

potato-sack_lg.jpg

OMG, I haven't laughed so hard in a while.

• Love 9

I think I just found one of your bridesmaids at the drugstore. She was decked out in red, head to toe, including a red purse and socks with pink hearts (her pants were a little short). I wanted to ask her if she was lost, but her crimson presence was just too intimidating to broach. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think I just found one of your bridesmaids at the drugstore. She was decked out in red, head to toe, including a red purse and socks with pink hearts (her pants were a little short). I wanted to ask her if she was lost, but her crimson presence was just too intimidating to broach. 

Did your eyes hurt looking at her? Interesting wedding to do list. In honor of the happy day, I went out and got my hair cut this morning. A short bob with layers. Easy to take care of especially with my naturally wavy/curly hair. I wanted to prove to the ladies we can look good with shorter hair without having   the 80's perm on top of our head that would not die.

Edited by bigskygirl
I can really type. Really I can use proper English also.
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

@Celia Rubenstein, you have all this?

b41a9666301dfa28c6da49dfd6091ec7--brides

I see sewing kit  listed but to be safe, can sewing machine that @Westiepeach graciously offered to bring  be added to the Extras list?  

I see water on the list. I remember Der having grape juice in the Groom's suite & making a big deal about it. Would you two like grape juice too or something stronger in a flask?

I'm rereading the wedding posts & must have missed @Marigold post about @GeeGolly having to lug their suitcases to hotel room. It's cracking me up thinking about Poor Anna struggling with their luggage while still in her wedding gown. She should have known then the marriage would be doomed. 

What were the bridesmaids & groomsmen's gifts? Socks, jars of Hershey kisses with necklaces of your states? 

What special person  is putting on flower girl's Tierra? 

Will you do a  First Look?

@Celia Rubenstein, do you have tissues at the ready to wipe away tears when you see @GeeGolly come down the aisle?

• Love 8
14 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

One of us will have to wear an ugly tin foil type dress to the wedding. Any takers?

Not me, tragically. I've monopolized the rights to the striped maxi dress with the mustard cardigan, and in honor of Jessa I'll be wearing the infamous brown sandals. I'll also be bringing confetti cannons, complete with sparkly confetti that will get everywhere. Gold hearts will be haunting everyone for weeks!

• Love 11

Those flavors sound good but Welchs is name brand & may put us over the wedding budget. I wonder if those flavors come in off brand.

Which reminds me, will the Happy Couple be attending the financial seminar with Derick  so their marriage gets off on a goid financial foot?

Did the Happy Couple have premarital counseling in a yogurt shop?

Most importantly, did Celia  have to fill out a pre-wedding 100 page questionaire?

Rabbittron - so glad to hear your son came home. 

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 8

I just want you all to know how gracious @Celia Rubenstein & @GeeGolly were by donating the leftover reception food to the Rodrigui clan.  It was mainly snack mix & lemonade  but Jill was so appreciative.  Hopefully she can stretch it out for a meal or two.  What a totally surreal Christian thing to do. Can't wait for Jill to write about the wedding in her blog. 

• Love 13
9 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I see sewing kit  listed but to be safe, can sewing machine that @Westiepeach graciously offered to bring  be added to the Extras list?  

I see water on the list. I remember Der having grape juice in the Groom's suite & making a big deal about it. Would you two like grape juice too or something stronger in a flask?

I'm rereading the wedding posts & must have missed @Marigold post about @GeeGolly having to lug their suitcases to hotel room. It's cracking me up thinking about Poor Anna struggling with their luggage while still in her wedding gown. She should have known then the marriage would be doomed. 

What were the bridesmaids & groomsmen's gifts? Socks, jars of Hershey kisses with necklaces of your states? 

What special person  is putting on flower girl's Tierra? 

Will you do a  First Look?

@Celia Rubenstein, do you have tissues at the ready to wipe away tears when you see @GeeGolly come down the aisle?

All the bridesmaids received gum, too.

I think I broke my hair when I went to bed last night. I think JillR put a little too much Aqua Net on my hair. *SMILE* I also think the eyeliner will never come off my eyes.

• Love 11

Did someone put something in the root beer floats because I woke up with a bad headache and feeling like something the cat dragged in.

Good news is I have an eye doctor appointment next Monday (love my eye doctor and her staff.) Bad news is the weather the next few days is not going to be pleasant. Snow, blowing wind causing blizzard like conditions, ice and cold. Luckily my husband will be taking me to my appointment because the light sensitivity along with my sinuses acting up are not making my eyes happy. It could be worse since some parts of Montana has gotten more snow and nastier weather conditions than we have in the Helena area.

Edited by bigskygirl
Trying not to use the Duggar style English language.