Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: Reunion AKA The Crew Tells All 2

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Interesting reunion.  Wish they hadn't done it in the clubhouse.  Too many people. 

Jennice is a better person than me.  Kelley deserved to be bitch slapped.  Thank god she's out of that relationship and it seemed that it was Amy who twisted Jennice's words into Jennice was expecting to move in with Kelley.  I just can't stand the Johnson siblings.  Kelley is the 'needy' one.  He led Jennice on and once he got her, it wasn't 'fun' anymore.  And enough with the crying.

I like Kat but she's got to stop bs'ing and then correcting herself.  You did it.  Own it.

I'm looking forward to next season - hopefully without the Johnsons' and I just don't care for Logan.   

• Love 8

I loved this reunion! -- Andy's rapidfire questions and snappy retorts ("But is it your permission to give?"), Eddie and Ben's hilarious faces down in the corner of the screen watching the clips, Logan's perfectly timed interjections. They really are a witty bunch (minus Kat and the Johnsons).

Kat's the only one I'd be irritated to watch again next season. I have no use for her. Her terrible work ethic brings down the whole ship.

I thought Jennice handled herself really well. Kelley's an immature tool.

It's interesting that Ben and Kate hooked up after the show. Kat looked a bit shell-shocked by that.

Overall, can't wait for season 3!

• Love 5

I've wanted to comment on this all season--the makeup on this show is ATROCIOUS. Almost everyone's, but especially Ben's, faces are too yellow and do not match their necks. Eek.

• Love 1

This was a pretty good reunion show. Though, I think for the season, we should have had a drinking game for how many times Jennice mentions how small, tiny, little, etc she is. ;) 

• Love 5

So it sounded like Kelley was "liking" and retweeting comments that Jennice wasn't attractive enough for him? And he left her stranded at the airport? Stand up guy, that one. And color me SHOCKED that he's in another relationship already.

I really softened to Kate when she was defending Jennice, saying she was a knock out and was too deep for Kelley.

• Love 19

Thank you for writing it correctly, for some reason it pissed me off to no end they kept saying "bitchy resting face".

Thank you! Good to know I'm not the only one bothered by that. RBF not BRF!

I did notice that all the women's hair looked much better at the reunion. I think the dry, straw-like hair was in fact due to their surroundings.

Jennice is better off without Kelley. I'd be super pissed if an ex liked and favorited tweets, instagrams pics, etc that insulted me.  And I totally believe Kelley did this based on the crew members reactions and his douchey behavior. Amy obviously blew Jennice's comments way out of proportion. Amy might look and act innocent but I'm not buying it.

Edited by turbogirlnyc
  • Love 10

I just can't stand the Johnson siblings.

They are extremely creepy.  I hate that she has let their birth order flip.

I think the Captain was the one with a serious case of resting bitch face.

But wait, he's a man so he is serious but a woman is a bitch.  Love the whole sexism.

• Love 3

Not to imply jennice is big at all but they way she went on about being so tiny confused me. She seemed fairly average. Also, not really the thing you want to keep emphasizing when you want to be taken seriously as a deck hand. Can't have it both ways.

• Love 6

Not to imply jennice is big at all but they way she went on about being so tiny confused me. She seemed fairly average. Also, not really the thing you want to keep emphasizing when you want to be taken seriously as a deck hand. Can't have it both ways.

This confuses me.  I thought maybe the camera was to blame for her not looking tiny. Last night confirmed that she's pretty much average. Everyone else looked the same in plain clothes except Amy. She looked a bit thinner. Jennice is shorter than the others but short is short, not tiny. Did she say that after hugging Kelley because he's so tall? Anyway...

Edited by turbogirlnyc
  • Love 2

I thought Jennice meant tiny compared to the deckhand guys. That was my impression, but I was half watching so I am probably way off the mark.

Maybe not off the mark at all. I just don't understand why she feels the need to say it multiple times. Didn't she want to not be stereotyped because she's female? I don't know. I was suprised to hear Kat say she was a deck hand once. Well, not all that suprised.

• Love 2

It's clear that the only person on that boat that Kelley would ever love (besides Amy) is Eddie. Gay, straight, or bi, nothing will change the man-crush that has developed.

(Not that I blame him.)

• Love 3

I rewound the part about Kelly saying she wasn't pretty about ten times, to watch each individual person's reactions.  Ben and the Captain seemed the most outright horrified, Logan and Eddie laughed (at Kelley, I'm sure, and the boneheaded thing he had just done, not at her).  Kudos to Kate who really stood up for her.  

• Love 13

So it sounded like Kelley was "liking" and retweeting comments that Jennice wasn't attractive enough for him? And he left her stranded at the airport? Stand up guy, that one. And color me SHOCKED that he's in another relationship already.

I really softened to Kate when she was defending Jennice, saying she was a knock out and was too deep for Kelley.

I was just about to rant and rave about all this but you said it quite beautifully, summing it up perfectly.  Kelley is a complete classless DICK, figuratively and literally.  I was giving Jennice the side-eye earlier in the season when she blamed Kelley's "anger management problems" as the reason why she couldn't date him but now I am "Team Jennice".  I thought Jennice handled herself with grace while taking Kelley to task.  He is a complete immature eff-up.  Seriously.  And of course Kelley immediately jumped into a new relationship before wrapping up the old relationship with Jennice.  Who didn't see that coming?

Watching Captain Lee's expression while Kelley was referencing Jennice not being pretty enough for him, etc. was priceless.  I thought Lee was gonna fall straight out of his chair.  Way to go Kelley - keep digging that hole deeper.  Ditto the kudos to Kate for sticking up for Jennice and "reading" Kelley to kingdom come in the process.  Bwah, ha, ha.  No one gives a proper dressing down like Kate.  Kelley's so dim I'm wondering if he barely caught it.  I hope Kelley's getting negative tweets/comments on social media today.  He needs a wake-up call.

Glad that Ben and Kate hooked up because they make a much better couple than Ben and Kat did.  Wondering also if the hook-up revelation stung a bit for Kat.  Love Logan but what was with the get-up he had on?  Eddie, adorbs as always. 

• Love 8

Just took a peek on Jennice's Twitter account (Lawdy, yes, I am bored at work).  Anyhoo, did Jennice throw down!  Apparently Kelley hit the "Like" button time and time again regarding nasty comments people tweeted about Jennice's physical appearence.  Jennice produced screen shots. What a complete bastard Kelley is.  Now I just hate him.  He can get off my TV screen any time now.  No bueno.  If Kelley would treat Jennice with 1/10th of the love and respect he reserves for Amy he'd be a @#$%^  All-Star ...

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 5
Thank you for writing it correctly, for some reason it pissed me off to no end they kept saying "bitchy resting face".

Totally disagree! It is describing the state of someone's "resting face." "Bitchy" modifies "resting face." "Resting" doesn't modify "bitch face." (I am a former copy editor. I take these things seriously.)

I think Kate and Jennice won the reunion, though I still dislike how Kate treated Amy.

It's interesting that Ben and Kate hooked up after the show. Kat looked a bit shell-shocked by that.

I bet Kat's adoration for Kate was tempered a good bit by that revelation. I bet Kat isn't as cool with Kate hooking up with Ben as Kat thought Amy should be after the Night of the Wisdom Teeth.

• Love 13

Kat's the only one I'd be irritated to watch again next season. I have no use for her. Her terrible work ethic brings down the whole ship.

Except the captain said how much she has improved over last year and what a strong work ethic she has now. She was beaming with delight when he was saying that. 

I get second hand embarrassment for Kelley when I see the clip of him kissing Jennice for the first time. Does he think awkwardly forcing someone to kiss you is cute? He comes across as so unlikable. 

I think Jennice handled herself well and I love Kate for sticking up for her.

This was a really good season, I hope next season this show doesn't fall into a downward spiral like a lot of bravo shows after the first few seasons.

Except the captain said how much she has improved over last year and what a strong work ethic she has now. She was beaming with delight when he was saying that. 

Kat isn't nearly as witty as the other cast members (minus Kelley and Amy) but I am proud of her improvement compared to last season. She was a mess and it was really sad to watch. 

• Love 1

I thought Jennice meant tiny compared to the deckhand guys. That was my impression, but I was half watching so I am probably way off the mark.

That's what I thought, too. And I can understand it, because deckhand work is all physical, so size and strength are important.

I liked Kate during the reunion. She was candid and smart. I still say she's lacking in some managerial skills, but she makes for good TV. Sort of the opposite of Jennice. She seems sweet, but kinda boring. And then there's Kelley...

....a liar and a dick. Please stick to the strip clubs, and don't return for season 3.

• Love 7

I did think it was interesting that Captain Lee and Eddie both seemed to not think kindly of Kate's treatment of Amy. I do think there might be something to the theory that Kate was jealous of Amy; mainly how the guests and Captain Lee praised her.

• Love 1

I rewound the part about Kelly saying she wasn't pretty about ten times, to watch each individual person's reactions.  Ben and the Captain seemed the most outright horrified, Logan and Eddie laughed (at Kelley, I'm sure, and the boneheaded thing he had just done, not at her).  Kudos to Kate who really stood up for her.

Actually Andy Cohen seemed the most horrified!  He cringed for about 5 minutes after that comment. After all the HW reunions he's sat through and heard some pretty disgraceful things, you'd think he'd heard it all but he looked so embarrassed.  Hopefully Kelley will get his pink slip and won't be on the show again.   I can't imagine how he'd react if a guy said that about his precious sister.  

• Love 4

Kelley was such a jerk in that revelation. Sorry, any appreciation for the pretty completely went away.

I missed the Kate/Ben revelation! Did this happen on the boat? Poor Ben's girlfriend waiting on shore.

• Love 1

Except the captain said how much she has improved over last year and what a strong work ethic she has now. She was beaming with delight when he was saying that

I think he was just happy she was not drunk 95% of the time.  That was the only difference I saw in her.

And both her and Kate were awful to Amy.  The whole BJ story fell right on to Amy even though Amy did not bring it up and doesn't even know Adrianne to have told her.  Like Amy said maybe the guy told her.  Kat was sketchy at best over that whole thing.  And I too believe that Kate was very jealous of Amy because Amy did her JOB right and Captain and Eddie apparently recognized her for it.  Amy can come back but Kelley can stick to being a dick off my screen.

• Love 2

Kat isn't nearly as witty as the other cast members

She was straining during the reunion to be witty and sophisticated; you could see it on her face. A lot of her persona is very affected. Lee seems to have a soft spot for her. I noticed that in the first season.

Anyone else think the only reason Lee said he'd work with everyone else again is because he figures they'll all be back for season 3, and he's playing along with production?

I'm pretty sure Kelly's "new" girlfriend is the one he dated for three years previously. He very quickly said that when he and Jennice were having their battle of words. His comment was rebuttal to the accusation that he'd already moved on to someone new.

Kelly behaves like a little boy in a "boys only" club house.

I just can't get past how Kate, as a manager, was openly hostile to Amy, whom she supervised. Kate is clearly very competitive with other attractive women and feels threatened when anyone else receives positive attention. I bet Kate gets away with a lot of that kind of thing because she's so smoothly manipulative. Interesting that she said that crewing on the Ohana was a step up in luxury service level than what she had been used to. She left the impression during the season that she spent all her time on uber yachts.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 3
I missed the Kate/Ben revelation! Did this happen on the boat? Poor Ben's girlfriend waiting on shore.

No, it happened after the season wrapped, on shore. Couldn't tell if Ben then broke up with the girlfriend or if they had already broke up, but he said they are no longer together.

Maybe Ben and Kate could open a restaurant together after Below Deck ends. I don't think we'll see a 4th season.

• Love 1

They are extremely creepy.  I hate that she has let their birth order flip.

What is that about?

You know how the eldest is usually the leader for life, the middle child is the peacemaker and the youngest the baby.  Kelley is clearly "the baby" but Amy is not a leader.  To have her little brother, by quite a few years no less, dictate who she does and does not date by "shutting it down" is embarrassing.  There is a difference in discussing your siblings life and dictating what happens in the life of your elder sibling.  All in all they were just creepy.

I was giving Jennice the side-eye earlier in the season when she blamed Kelley's "anger management problems" as the reason why she couldn't date him but now I am "Team Jennice".

Well I think his behavior with blowing up is a huge red flag.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 1

I think Kelley accused Kate and Jennice of leaking his nude photo because he wanted to bring up his nude photo. Everyone knows nude photos are leaked fairly often these days. Especially if your in the public eye. He's a pompous ass. I also didn't understand why time was spent on Kelley's difficult childhood. News flash!! Plenty of people have dealt with difficult issues growing up and many had it far worse than Kelley and Amy.

Edited by turbogirlnyc
  • Love 3

I forgot to mention that when the group was talking about the Jersey charter, Kate said "you mean the eaters?"

I'm pretty sure she's a fat-shamer.

Well, Kate has been called anorexic all season simply because she's thin. Us thin or underweight women get shit constantly and that's just fine but if somebody says anything about an overweight person, its wrong.

I fail to see the difference.

And come on, these people were large and they ate constantly, how is calling them eaters "fat shaming"?

• Love 6

Ben and Kate want passengers who drink and tan all day and want to spend 3 hours over dinner eating courses consisting of two forkfuls of protein and some vegetation sprinkled on top.  At whatever time it happens to make it to the table.

The eaters were obnoxious in their behavior, but if I were on that ship, I'd want tasty snacks all day myself... and dinner served on time.  

• Love 5

Just took a peek on Jennice's Twitter account (Lawdy, yes, I am bored at work).  Anyhoo, did Jennice throw down!  Apparently Kelley hit the "Like" button time and time again regarding nasty comments people tweeted about Jennice's physical appearence.  Jennice produced screen shots. What a complete bastard Kelley is.  Now I just hate him.  He can get off my TV screen any time now.  No bueno.  If Kelley would treat Jennice with 1/10th of the love and respect he reserves for Amy he'd be a @#$%^  All-Star ...

I don't know if I'm on board the Jennice train yet. It seems like a lot of work to take screen shots of every time your ex likes an insulting comment. I think I'd have a lot more respect for her if she took the high road and just let him keep talking. The more he tried to defend himself, the worse he came off. I'm glad she finally put him behind her but I have a feeling she would have gone right back to him if he offered a half-assed apology.

And color me shocked that Andy didn't ask Adrienne to make an appearance at the reunion.

• Love 1

No, it happened after the season wrapped, on shore. Couldn't tell if Ben then broke up with the girlfriend or if they had already broke up, but he said they are no longer together.

RedHawk, why do I now have an image of a romcom? "I hate you!" "Well, I hate you more!" <insert kisses>

• Love 1

Kate had a lot to say about the "eaters" but as I recall they gave the biggest tip.

They also said they would come back. They should just demand that Kate not be part of the charter. In fact I can not imagine anyone would want her to work their trip after seeing how she acted this season.

If Kelley was that traumatized about his rotten childhood, then he needs to seek out therapy.  I tend to think he uses it as a crutch; if he loses his temper or something goes wrong, well I had such bad parents, etc.  Amy had the same parents (although maybe she got out before it got worse), but she seems to be more well adjusted.

Kelley is just an ass.  Jennice is not ugly and is clearly better off without him.  I think Kelley figured out somehow that Jennice's relationship with her boyfriend was shaky so he was like a shark in the water after her.  He wouldn't go after Kate or Kat, as I think they'd flat out turn him down (each seemed to have a thing for Ben), so he went after the only other available woman on the ship.  He doesn't need to return to season 3.

Kate is clearly jealous of anyone who upstages her one iota.  She was defending Jennice because Jennice does not threaten her in any way.  Nor does Kat.  Amy kept getting constant praise for her service and friendliness, while Kate was called out by passengers by her bitchy resting face or aloofness.  Kate so wants to be living the lifestyle of the charter guests.  She sided with Kat once Kat had a beef with Amy (the enemy of my enemy is my friend).  Kate may be good at organization tasks, but she is clearly lacking in people skills.

Captain Lee looked like he'd rather be anywhere else.  I think he was saying yeah he'd work with any of them, just in case any of them show up on Season 3, or if they cross paths again.  Don't burn any bridges.  Not sure what he sees in Kat.  

I worked in restaurants and in retail.  Sure we'd bitch about the customers, but never within earshot and at some point, when I was in management, you knew when to cut those conversations off when it started into a major bitchfest.  It's one thing to vent, it's another to bitch and moan constantly. 

• Love 4