Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

This Brady/Chloe/Phillip storyline is good on paper and should be dynamite but its DOA for a variety of reasons namely there's no nuance or character motivation in any of these characters for me to find any of them likeable.

I think if Parker came back and hated both Brady and Phillip and wanted his mother to himself(since she seems to ignore him most of the time) that would be a way to salvage this storyline.

Steve being nice to Ava highlights one of the glaring problems with soaps these days there are no real feuds/grudges which the genre was built on and have neutered the drama entirely.

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

This Brady/Chloe/Phillip storyline is good on paper and should be dynamite but its DOA for a variety of reasons namely there's no nuance or character motivation in any of these characters for me to find any of them likeable.

If Sherry Anderson was writing the Brady/Chloe/Philip storyline it would have been dynamite.. However, we have Ron and that explains it all..

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I was annoyed that Steve forgave Ava. 

I did not understand that scene at all!  When did Steve decide to be 'chill" with Ava & forgive her, when she was the reason his SON ended up in jail!  Ava is just UGH.  Steve needs to go see Rafe & tell him to 'wake up" about Ava's persona!

• Love 6
5 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

I'm supposed to believe that Victor trashed the living room and threw food all over the place upon learning that Justin's marrying Bonnie. Victor?? The 80-something old man who can barely stand, now has Hulk-like strength to overturn furniture. I know John Aniston hasn't been on set in a long time and therefore the show had to improvise. But I think they went overboard with "Victor's" reaction and it was totally unbelievable.

Can someone remind me why Gabi hates Ava so much. She's being downright nasty to her brother's girlfriend and I'm trying to remember if there's some history between the 2 women.

Gabi use to be a fun character to watch. Now she's just childish and  petty all the time. Funny thing is I was really enjoying her and Abby scenes teaming up to go after Gwen. Since then she's been boring.

Maybe if Sonny and Will return it'll give her something else to focus on other than having sex all the time with her sleazy boyfriend.

• Love 9

I hope DOOL doesn't have Rafe & Nicole be anything more than friends. I've always liked their friend vibe, ever since Rafe pretended to be her baby-daddy so EJ wouldn't find out he was the real daddy.

• Love 4

Jake, Gabi will probably get rid of you once she takes over Titan. Don't dream of sitting in Philip's chair.

Philip, who cares if Brady and Chloe have to take a business trip together? All of you are probably in your 40s. No need for this petty jealousy.

I can see Victor of 10-20 years ago throwing the food and tossing a chair or two, but seriously? The one who just sits in his chair all the time? Justin is probably 50 years old or so. He can marry whoever he likes, whether Victor likes it or not.'

Bonnie looked pretty.

Rafe, Ava is very insecure and jealous. She is Nicole's friend but sees her now being single as competition for you. She may not like you telling her that nothing is going on. She will imagine something going on and go off the deep end. Steve was too nice to her to give her a second chance.

• Love 4

The weird thing about Gabi is that she had become a mostly fun character, and it seemed Camila Banus had grown as an actress.  Then they sent her off, and she’s been mostly annoying since her return.  The scenes with Abigail and kidnapping Gwen were fun but the rest of it...not so much.  I hate that this plot to take over Titan makes her look like a moron.  

I appreciated Steve being kind to Ava.  I don’t see how holding a grudge against someone is beneficial in any way, shape or form.  It does feel like it came out of nowhere but I can fill in the blanks and say that Ava and Tripp have developed a strong relationship, and Tripp has conveyed that to Steve.  But, good grief, Ava revealed her living form because she wanted a relationship with Tripp and now they rarely share scene together.  Is it really that difficult for Those Writers! to remember their own storylines?

Please let Nicole get romantically involved with EJ or Xander while she’s on this break from Rafe.  He’s a wet blanket to every fiery female on the Show.  

Good grief, who is back from the dead now?  I’m not feeling like it’s Adrienne.  Did Bonnie kill someone while I wasn’t watching?  Oh, I’m so tempted to look at the Spoiler thread.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Jake, Gabi will probably get rid of you once she takes over Titan. Don't dream of sitting in Philip's chair.

I'm REALLY starting to dislike his attitude that somehow he is more qualified to run a company than Gabi.  Gabi started a successful business from the ground up.  All Jake ever did was basically let Kate run DiMeara (while she was supposedly "assisting" him) and take all the credit.  Also, she is the brains behind the plot to take over Titan.  Jake was just going to sit around feeling sorry for himself that he was thrown out of DiMeara.  Granted not a one of the morons in Salem is actually capable of running a multinational corporation, (maybe Victor back in the day) but she's definitely more qualified than Jake.  Are we really going to have to put up with his constant sexism?

• Love 6
4 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I'm REALLY starting to dislike his attitude that somehow he is more qualified to run a company than Gabi.  Gabi started a successful business from the ground up.  All Jake ever did was basically let Kate run DiMeara (while she was supposedly "assisting" him) and take all the credit.  Also, she is the brains behind the plot to take over Titan.  Jake was just going to sit around feeling sorry for himself that he was thrown out of DiMeara.  Granted not a one of the morons in Salem is actually capable of running a multinational corporation, (maybe Victor back in the day) but she's definitely more qualified than Jake.  Are we really going to have to put up with his constant sexism?

This! As much as I HATE fake Stefan ( didn’t like real Stefan either) , I really can’t believe he’s so butt hurt over getting kicked out of DiMera after all his shenanigans with Kate and Gabi. And Gabi..thought she was a tad smarter than she’s coming across. She’s going to put her business at stake to put her man child Jake( who she wishes were his brother anyhow)  in a position he has no business or knowledge..and he thinks he will be CEO. If they do take Phil down(😣) Gabi and Jake will be over..

My only hope is that Philip wakes the fuck up, dumps Chloe, along side with Gabi and Jake. Kick ‘em to the curb Philip, REMEMBER who you are for fuck sake! 

Of course..none of this will happen.

Fuck these writers. Damn, I’m so fricking  irritated. Don’t even get me started on Broe/Phloe round 10,000! Grrr

on a side note..I was just thinking this today..Chloe reminds me of a bot..like in the Austin Powers movies. 

• Love 4
On 8/24/2021 at 1:49 AM, WendyCR72 said:

Wake me if Ben/Ciara disappear and/or Gwen mercifully dies

You might as well join Jan..go in an induced coma..cuz this ain’t happening.  Even when whoever plays Ciara decides to leave again.. it will still be all about CIN. Ben is  on show forever and ever!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3

I was LOL at Justin remarking that Steve & Kayla were "Salem's Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval" :)  Still dont understand why all of sudden, Steve is so "chill" and forgiving of everybody.   Anna's excitement over going to the Oscars because of Johnny's movie was also making me laugh...she was so giddy.   And that ending!  "TA-DA"....

• Love 8
13 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Jake needs to go back to the garage. There’s nothing wrong with being a mechanic. Jake isn’t qualified to run Titan, but to be fair, neither is Gabi. I hope Philip finds out about their “plans” and fires them both.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Jake needs to go back to the garage. There’s nothing wrong with being a mechanic. Jake isn’t qualified to run Titan, but to be fair, neither is Gabi. I hope Philip finds out about their “plans” and fires them both.

While I also agree that Gabi isn't qualified to run Titan, neither is Philip, Xander or Brady.  Over at DiMeara, not sure about Tony or EJ but definitely not Chad or Jake.  

The writers could have had the potential for so many great stories if there had been some anonymous CEO at both companies and they would have written for the current cast on a smaller scale.  Imagine all the really good plotting and scheming they could have had (both within and between the respective companies) with competition for accounts, mid-level promotions, etc.  They could have even had various people from different companies having to work together to best another nameless competitor.  (I hear those people at Acme are really into explosives and jet powered roller skates.)  Now it seems like both companies are just peripheral plot devices.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Damn, Tony's dressing like he's in the 80s. Popped collar and all,

I just realized that Allie is dating her great-aunt's stepson.

Loved Tony's reference to race car driving.

Cady Huffman is unrecognizable.  And it's funny that they named her Calista Flockhart.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, RedElf said:

Cady Huffman is unrecognizable.  And it's funny that they named her Calista Flockhart.

Does she have some connection to Ally McBeal I'm not familiar with?  [I never watched that show]

33 minutes ago, RedElf said:

It's Calista Lockhart. Very Ron lol.

Was all the stuff she's talking about stuff that actually happened on the show? I couldn't tell if those were real stories that I just wasn't around for or if Ron was just inventing stuff.

I continue to enjoy the love square and just Johnny's story and Chanel in general. Really fun stuff tbh.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

It's Calista Lockhart. Very Ron lol.

Was all the stuff she's talking about stuff that actually happened on the show? I couldn't tell if those were real stories that I just wasn't around for or if Ron was just inventing stuff.

I continue to enjoy the love square and just Johnny's story and Chanel in general. Really fun stuff tbh.

I was watching when the dream teen thing was going on in the late 90’s and II don’t remember any of that stuff happening. I don’t think Bonnie was on the show before MIMi was there and if I’m remembering correctly, they were very poor and homeless. Mimi had a little bother(step? Half? )she was worried about.  
So if it happened..it didn’t happen on show . Unless I blocked it out 

I’m very much enjoying Johnny.  Can’t wait to see that whole thing play out with Allie finally finding out about her brother and Chanel. Think I’ll be disappointed though, because Allie and Tripp just don’t do much of anything. Johnny and Chanel are going to have carry them through that storyline.

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 7

Steve is way to chill lately and I don’t like it 

I love Tony and Anna.  Don’t let EJ push you around.  EJ is a jerk.  Let Johnny find his way.  At least he has a vision. 
this young set at least all have goals and jobs.  

• Love 6
57 minutes ago, tribeca said:

I love Tony and Anna.  Don’t let EJ push you around.  EJ is a jerk.  Let Johnny find his way.  At least he has a vision. 

Johnny said he had a vision when he was talking to Anna and Tony, but neither one of them asked what that vision is? Exactly what kind of film does he want to make? Does he have a script? Or plan besides hitting up his relatives for financing.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 1

Johnny is going to film his movie on his phone.  He is going to sneak around Salem recording all the people who talk to themselves out loud.  He will explore why they think it’s a good idea to tell your secrets to a creepy portrait.  

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Johnny is going to film his movie on his phone.  He is going to sneak around Salem recording all the people who talk to themselves out loud.  He will explore why they think it’s a good idea to tell your secrets to a creepy portrait.  

Someone should get the lightbulb moment and put a recording device behind it.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

EJ looked really good today. Maybe his hair was different. Nice to see Anna and Tony again. His outfit was odd. Funny that they felt they were being watched and not by the creepy portrait.

Kayla is right that telling someone 'I love you' right after they tell you those words is a bit forced and you just say it because you socially have to. You can wait a little.  If the love is real, Tripp will give Allie the time she needs. Henry is a year old and still crying like that? No words, no activity the baby carriage, nothing. He should be a bit more, er, active.

Calista Lockhart was not the skinny Ally McBeal joke. She reminded me of a linebacker. Why come in to Bonnie's life now? Just as she is getting married to Justin. She saved the gun all those years? How much money does she want. Of course there is no statute of limitation for murder. But what is it worth to her? Just seems to be a plot device.

Chanel has met EJ and maybe clues in to who the DiMeras are? At least Allie now knows who her friend is dating. Did laugh at the professional stand mixer. Why wouldn't it be delivered or why didn't she have a dolly to carry it to the bakery?

• Love 8

One would think that this would be like Chanel's bakery (which she will probably sell to someone six months down the line once she gets bored and gets tired of having to wake up early to do all the actual baking to sell).  One does have a script, or if it is a documentary, some sort of plan for it. One does not just turn on the phone and shoot whatever comes along.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, DanaMB said:

What the fuck was the Bonnie shit today? God, I hate her. 

Put that on a teeshirt and I'll wear it.  She's not funny, she's not endearing and Justin looks like a total moron.  Now they've brought in some new loudmouthed yokel to double down on the bullshit?  I swear Ron is punking the fans who've made it clear they hate this character and storyline.  He was definitely giving the finger to those who want Adrienne back with that brief moment when Bonnie said "You're alive!" and some of us thought that it just might be Adrienne.

Then we had that walking nasal drip known as Allie boring us with whatever the hell she was droning on to Kayla about.  I see she pawned the kid off on Kayla so she could go out for a drink. 

Tony and Anna, and Johnny were the only ones who saved today's show from being a total waste.  That guy really had some acting skills.

Good for him not wanting to work for Dimera.  It's a joke, the way EJ acts like he's doing something noble running that company, since all he ever does is strut around in a suit and sneer at people.  

• Love 10

Johnny asking for money at least makes some sense.  He’s probably been given most of what he’s ever wanted at this point in his life.  EJ being such an ass about makes less sense to me.  The only thing I can think of is that EJ is taking his rage at Sami out on Johnny.  Did Stefano make EJ quit being a race car driver?  

What the hell is a Calista Lockhart?  I was surprised when I Googled her and was informed that the actress is a Tony Award winner.  I thought her first couple scenes were awful, although it didn’t help that they involved Bonnie.  I think I was able to watch her last scene without a horrible screaming sound in my head.  

Sounded like someone watched the McMillions documentary.  That was how Monopoly scratch-off scam worked.  

So Allie really does have romantic feelings for Chanel?  Otherwise, I’m confused as to why Johnny “dating” Chanel is a big, dramatic moment.  

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, boes said:

It's a joke, the way EJ acts like he's doing something noble running that company, since all he ever does is strut around in a suit and sneer at people.  

The only thing EJ should be running is the prison laundry. Rapists belong in prison.

Bonnie belongs in a cemetery. Is the show kidding me with this campy bullshit?! We lost Adrienne, a character rich with history, and both brothers on canvas, for THIS?

• Love 10
4 hours ago, nilyank said:

Johnny said he had a vision when he was talking to Anna and Tony, but neither one of them asked what that vision is? Exactly what kind of film does he want to make? Does he have a script? Or plan besides hitting up his relatives for financing.

Exactly, thank you, geez! How does "I shot some stuff on my phone" equate to being serious about filmmaking?

Ron and his team of TV writers working in the entertainment industry can't come up with a more believable depiction of an aspiring director..? Come on.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Wait....hold up....they didn't...did they?

tumblr-p0ogr1onEk1tb3ezco2-400-ally-mcbe

I swear, I was only kidding!

But I still don't get the joke(?)...  Are we meant to infer something with that character being names Calista Flockhart?  Is it some in-joke between the IRL actress and the DOOL writers/producers?

• Love 2
9 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Sounded like someone watched the McMillions documentary.  That was how Monopoly scratch-off scam worked.  

That's what I said too. I was like this is a bit late for a reference lol.

1 hour ago, norcalgal said:

But I still don't get the joke(?)...  Are we meant to infer something with that character being names Calista Flockhart?  Is it some in-joke between the IRL actress and the DOOL writers/producers?

Her name is Calista Lockhart because apparently she was married to Bonnie Lockhart's brother. And then it's just a funny little thing that there's a Calista Flockhart. It's very Ron.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

That's what I said too. I was like this is a bit late for a reference lol.

Right?  I remember watching that before they made us all stay indoors.  Another reason when taping the show so far in advance isn’t their friend.  

Off-topic but did you enjoy The White Lotus?  I saw you mention it in a Survivor thread. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Another reason when taping the show so far in advance isn’t their friend.  

How far ahead are they now? 6 months? I still feel like a McMillions reference was old then tbh.

I found White Lotus very meh but I’m still gonna watch season 2 so make of that what you will lol.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Not only did he rip off Flockhart/Lockhart. But Calista's other half is Harrison Lord (not to be confused with Harrison Ford, Flockhart's r/l husband). Oh, that Ron is soo witty. NOT!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Right?  I remember watching that before they made us all stay indoors.  Another reason when taping the show so far in advance isn’t their friend.  

Off-topic but did you enjoy The White Lotus?  I saw you mention it in a Survivor thread. 

I loved the White Lotus!

• Love 2
On 8/27/2021 at 1:25 AM, enchantingmonkey said:

The weird thing about Gabi is that she had become a mostly fun character, and it seemed Camila Banus had grown as an actress.  Then they sent her off, and she’s been mostly annoying since her return.  The scenes with Abigail and kidnapping Gwen were fun but the rest of it...not so much.  I hate that this plot to take over Titan makes her look like a moron.  

I appreciated Steve being kind to Ava.  I don’t see how holding a grudge against someone is beneficial in any way, shape or form.  It does feel like it came out of nowhere but I can fill in the blanks and say that Ava and Tripp have developed a strong relationship, and Tripp has conveyed that to Steve.  But, good grief, Ava revealed her living form because she wanted a relationship with Tripp and now they rarely share scene together.  Is it really that difficult for Those Writers! to remember their own storylines?

Please let Nicole get romantically involved with EJ or Xander while she’s on this break from Rafe.  He’s a wet blanket to every fiery female on the Show.  

Good grief, who is back from the dead now?  I’m not feeling like it’s Adrienne.  Did Bonnie kill someone while I wasn’t watching?  Oh, I’m so tempted to look at the Spoiler thread.  

Ava killed his wife’s father. He should never have a kind word to say to her or about her ever again. Personally I hate Ava she reminds me of some of the bullies I went to school with. She is never going to change. She’s a mob daughter and always will be and she looks like a skinny little skank. Not the actress, the character. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, worleybird said:

Not only did he rip off Flockhart/Lockhart.

OMG - I thought the Ally McBeal actress was Calista Lockhart, that's why I didn't get it and thought there was an in-joke (like maybe the actress portraying Lockhart on DOOL or the DOOL writers/producers used to work on the show Ally McBeal).  D'oh!  Thanks for setting me straight...

• Love 2
On 8/27/2021 at 11:39 PM, boes said:

Put that on a teeshirt and I'll wear it.  She's not funny, she's not endearing and Justin looks like a total moron. 

No argument on the last one...but didn't Bonnie used to be more fun, back in the day? When she had a club,

I love Judi so I'll gladly watch her no matter how dumb the plot is. Ron just wrote her a nothing cake. This "marry Justin" thing was never going to pan out. So what was the point? I dunno. At least her longer hair looked fab. Extensions?

I even kinda liked Calista. They were clearly dressing her to look like Adrienne though. Why? Teasing the inevitable ressurection, or doubling down on the fact that she ain't coming back? I can't tell which.

Honestly Adrienne bored the shit out of me.

11 hours ago, worleybird said:

Not only did he rip off Flockhart/Lockhart. But Calista's other half is Harrison Lord (not to be confused with Harrison Ford, Flockhart's r/l husband). Oh, that Ron is soo witty. NOT!

🙄 I'm with you on that. I mean, its almost cute but...the overall intelligence level of the writing is so low in general that I get fed up with the attempted cuteness real quick.

The Buddy's Burger Barn story was fun though. *shrugs*

I loved Kayla. Great advice to Allie and as always sizzling chemistry with Steve. How do they still do that?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4

I liked Adrienne I know she wasn't the most exciting character but soaps can't have everyone be crazy because that's boring too. She was a much better character in the 80s as was just about everyone else. I just don't get the point in killing her off only to pair her with Justin when Justin/Adrienne were fan favorites.  I mean there are so few couples for Days glory days left that they can feature and they just intentionally ruin one they can have at their disposal. Its not like they demand much airtime either with Wally also on GH and Judi having a FT job elsewhere. Plus Adrienne still has both her siblings in town she could still be involved in their dramas.  This isn't that difficult to write.

• Love 12
30 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I liked Adrienne I know she wasn't the most exciting character but soaps can't have everyone be crazy because that's boring too. She was a much better character in the 80s as was just about everyone else. I just don't get the point in killing her off only to pair her with Justin when Justin/Adrienne were fan favorites.  I mean there are so few couples for Days glory days left that they can feature and they just intentionally ruin one they can have at their disposal. Its not like they demand much airtime either with Wally also on GH and Judi having a FT job elsewhere. Plus Adrienne still has both her siblings in town she could still be involved in their dramas.  This isn't that difficult to write.

A thousand times yes to this post.  Toss in that Justin being with this poorly crafted cartoon of a character who does nothing but pose and giggle and pout and you've got must-NOT-watch TV.  It's all unnecessary, to say the least.

For me, characters like Bonnie don't make me laugh, they make me cringe.   She's just another version of the (deeply) unfunny hillbilly type, a well DOOL seems to think is just what the public wants.

• Love 11
On 8/27/2021 at 8:39 PM, Frozendiva said:

One does have a script, or if it is a documentary, some sort of plan for it. One does not just turn on the phone and shoot whatever comes along.

I could totally believe Johnny wanting to make one of those pretentious art house flicks that consist solely of random footage of strangers that makes no sense at all. 🙄 🥱

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

I could totally believe Johnny wanting to make one of those pretentious art house flicks that consist solely of random footage of strangers that makes no sense at all. 🙄 🥱

Like the Gilligan’s Island movie shot about the castaways and their location and no one bothered to look for them. Just an art film found on a raft.

• LOL 4

Allie and Tripp are protesting way to much.   Tripp knows he is second choice.  And Allie does and does nor want Chanel however no one else can have her.  
johnny is more interesting and has more chemistry with Chanel..  

Allie needs to stop blaming her mom about the two dad things.  She oblivious does not know the history.  Oh and I hate her dress.  

• Love 6

I did not see the merging of Bonnie/Calista and EJ/Xander coming at all. I'm very interested in that.

Melinda and EJ def need to have hate sex. The actors were playing it up imo.

PT and EO are trying and they have kind of a playful chem that I enjoy but it's not really working fully imo.

The love square scenes were entertaining. Johnny and Chanel are so much better and more enjoyable than Tripp/Allie though. And outside of Johnny's gross 'two girls kissing is hot' comment, I thought Allie and especially Tripp were way ott about him. But that's obviously because they're both jealous lol.

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I wish Johnny and Chanel could ditch Tripp/Allie or just Allie. I don't really hate Tripp he's just there. Allie is just awful.

See, I’m the opposite. Ditch Tripp. He’s the weakest link. He’s so damn boring. At least Alie has shown a personality when the story calls for it. 

• Love 4