Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

35 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Was Bonnie always this weak and weepy? My limited memory of her is that she was brassy and trashy. This version is like Adrienne lite, even in the flashbacks with Harrison and Calista 

Exactly what I was thinking. It’s all so ridiculous. I don’t ff often because I’m always doing something else, but I’ll be ff’ing her scenes from now on. 

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Was Bonnie always this weak and weepy? My limited memory of her is that she was brassy and trashy. This version is like Adrienne lite, even in the flashbacks with Harrison and Calista 

That's what I was gonna say re: Bonnie in the flashback. I don't know when that was supposed to take place, exactly, but I thought Bonnie should've been much more old-school Bonnie in those flashbacks.

Calista looked so much better in the flashbacks, too. I don't know why they had her made up like a drag-queen in the Present day.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

I agree that Calista looked better in the 'flashback'. So Bonnie just had the misfortune of killing people in self defense? The shady ticket for the million bucks? That sure had a shelf life. Calista and Harrison could have found some other sucker to cash it in. And she admitted to serving time for Mimi's crime? What happened to the brash Bonnie?

The plantation was underwhelming. It looked like the door to the Horton house with some DiMera windows. At least it wasn't as tone deaf as I was expecting. The proper history should be told in the tour context. Nice guide to give up an hour or so of her free time to take the gruesome twosome for the tour. I always hated when someone came late to an appointment, had no regard for me having a life outside of work and it was no problem to stay for an extra hour. Or called two minutes before the office closed for a non-emergency. Interesting about the 'storm' coming and the creepy wind at the door. Guess the evil goes to NOLA too.

Nicole, you can say hi to Rafe. Both of you are adults and can just be 'friends'.

The whole Gabi/Philip/Brady/Jake/Chloe thing was overdone and stupid. I'd have gone for the donut at the bakeshop.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

The whole Gabi/Philip/Brady/Jake/Chloe thing was overdone and stupid. I'd have gone for the donut at the bakeshop.

I’m hoping this moves on quickly.  The 20+ ongoing thing with Chloe/Philip /Brady is just cringe worthy. Repeating myself again, but I’m sick of Philip always getting the loss and looking bad.

The jealous, anger..I get, but am so tired of it, especially over Chloe/Brady. It hashes up old unresolved feelings..

Throw in scheming Gabs and idiotic Jake..making Philip look so fucking clueless as to what’s going on, is what’s going to make me stop watching ..again.

• Love 10
55 minutes ago, tribeca said:

I could not remember the five words 😳

I know what you mean.   I'm so fearful my Dr. will want to give me that test and I KNOW I will not remember them.   I was actually surprised that Doug came through the test OK.   Until he didn't.  LOL.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Lindsay Arnold’s boobs looked HUGE in the tight white shirt.  I thought maybe she had something done but then I found some old pics where they looked almost as big.  

Oh Doug, how wicked thou art!  I wonder what’s gotten into him.

Did Alyson Sweeney’s exit cause a funk in the Writer’s Room?  The Show has felt about as boring as my own life since Sami’s kidnapping. And they’re paying people to write this snoozefest?  Where did I go wrong?  

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

@tribeca and @sas616

I seriously think I wouldn’t remember them if they were written down for me.

My short term memory is shot. 
maybe I might remember them a week/month later…in a dream, but probably not in order. Or knowing why the words were in my head. 
Lol @ Doug came through the test until he didn’t. It would have been funnier if it were Marlena though. 
Doug/Bill story is making me sad

• Love 5

I struggle to remember people's names when I meet them. I like when folks wear name tags. The name just flies right past me. Unless it is a name I can associate with them, sorry, nope.

Tripp must be making some money to pay for the sparkling wine. Can't imagine he'd spend $100 for a restaurant bottle of champagne. 

Nice to see Will again. He and Johnny do have a resemblance of sorts. Johnny, the script was written when Will was an angry young dude. He might have a very different lens now that comes with maturity.

Asking the questions may or may not give any sort of diagnosis. I did laugh when Doug grabbed Paulina's derriere. Now she has Doc all hot and bothered as to who the baby daddy is. Rich can be a hint. That this man could kill both Paulina and the child is another.

I hope it is just a dementia story and not some other weird nonsensical story.

Abe, it might be a challenge to marry Paulina and have a weird relationship between her and Lani.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Nice to see Will again. He and Johnny do have a resemblance of sorts. Johnny, the script was written when Will was an angry young dude. He might have a very different lens now that comes with maturity.

Always good to see Will, especially with his new facial hair.

I think if anything, Johnny will tweak Will's story in favor of Sami, just to spite his father.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I hope it is just a dementia story and not some other weird nonsensical story.

I hope the opposite. I do not want to watch Bill slowly deteriorate from dementia. And I mean, I won't. I'll fast forward if it's that lol.

8 hours ago, MsTree said:

I think if anything, Johnny will tweak Will's story in favor of Sami, just to spite his father.

Good for him!

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I hope the opposite. I do not want to watch Bill slowly deteriorate from dementia. And I mean, I won't. I'll fast forward if it's that lol.

I have no concept of time, but it doesn't seem that long ago that we watched Caroline go through that.

• Love 2

...and if seeing her struggle with the same illness that would claim the actress' real life wasn't bad enough, they wrapped into it that bonkers subplot about a magic drug that turned her into Celeste!

🙄

So yeah....I'm not feeling hopeful here.

You'd think after _______ decades on the show, the actors could request a certain type of exit story, within reason, and get an ending they're comfortable with.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
32 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

...and if seeing her struggle with the same illness that would claim the actress' real life wasn't bad enough, they wrapped into it that bonkers subplot about a magic drug that turned her into Celeste!

🙄

So yeah....I'm not feeling hopeful here.

You'd think after _______ decades on the show, the actors could request a certain type of exit story, within reason, and get an ending they're comfortable with.

I just find it cruel to have an elderly person play a story like that. It is just like when soap actresses who are pregnant in real life are asked to play a storyline where they have a miscarriage or a stillborn.. Why put a woman through that? If you don't want a character to have a baby just don't write it in..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 11

Bill Hayes is knocking it out of the park with this storyline!  I'm more interested in Doug than anyone under 96 on this show at the moment.  That reveal was great!  Almost makes the lame NOLA set, wooden EJ recast, and snoozefest that is Salem's corporate world worth tuning in for.  At least now I don't feel like I've wasted my hour. 

• Love 11
18 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I struggle to remember people's names when I meet them. I like when folks wear name tags. The name just flies right past me. Unless it is a name I can associate with them, sorry, nope.

Asking the questions may or may not give any sort of diagnosis. I did laugh when Doug grabbed Paulina's derriere. Now she has Doc all hot and bothered as to who the baby daddy is. Rich can be a hint. That this man could kill both Paulina and the child is another.

Yeah, I too forget someone's name right after being introduced unless I make a conscious effort to remember (like silently repeating it over and over while introductions are made, but that causes me to miss out out what else is being said...so I don't do the repeating thing much).

It was in passing, but another hint is the name "Ray" which Paulina told Doc was the baby's father.

• Love 3

I know they really do list 5 words during the dementia test for the patient to try to remember.  However, did those 5 words sound familiar to anyone, beside me? 

I wasn't positive, till I saw Ron's tweet, tagging Sarah Cooper.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

My favorite part of the episode was Julie/Kayla's convo about Doug how Julie wants more time with Doug and the parallel of Kayla having to deal with Caroline's illness. It was one of those rare moments of the show where it didn't seem campy or cartoonish like everything else on this show. 

It was nice that Kayla had a POV on something that didn't involve a character I hate.

• Love 8
59 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Loved it. Bill Hayes is incredible. I am SO looking forward to this!

I feel like I can already see some chem between EJ/Abigail. They need to have another affair asap.

And I've been convinced to watch today after not watching for a few weeks.  Although none of that will pan out.

I read an article somewhere or read something somewhere that made me start thinking that maybe they were going with Bill being possessed and not dementia. 

• Love 5

Wow, this was one of those times when I'm really glad that I don't read spoilers because I NEVER would have guessed that this is where Doug's storyline is going. I hadn't started watching when the original possession storyline took place, but I know a ton of fan hated it even though it drove up ratings, and I didn't think it was something they'd ever revisit, so seriously, color me shocked. But damn...Bill Hayes played that reveal so perfectly and I for one am really looking forward to this. By the way, right before he groped Paulina, I noticed Doug's eyes were kind of darting around her, looking her up and down. At first, I attributed it to Bill just being a little shaky and maybe not remembering where he was supposed to be looking, but after he groped her I realized he was actually probably lustily undressing her with his eyes. That was some damn good acting and I need to be on whatever he is to still be that with it at 96. Bravo to him.

• Love 15

What money does Lucas have to give Johnny when he's living over a bar. 

Johnny's being a spoiled brat about his father. Good for Kate saying she's staying out of it because of EJ. Johnny's acting like he hates his father when EJ hasn't really done anything to destroy his son. He's still giving him a roof to live under with all his behaviour.

EJ looked really happy to see Abby. Happiest we've seen him. 

• Love 1

At least they could have made reference to the upcoming Lunar Eclipse.  That was the Big Moment the Demon was waiting for in his plot to take Marlena’s soul, kill Father John Black and destroy Salem, USA.  Perhaps the Demon has become more efficient and no longer relies on the signs from The Scrolls?

Doug saying he locked that bitch in the freezer on purpose was hilarious. 

I don’t hate the idea of the Demon coming back for Marlena.  It was determined to destroy her and everyone around her.  But while there was a campiness to the original story, there were plenty of strong character moments that were influenced by the Demon’s plot, and I don’t see how the Show has anything currently set-up that could compare.  I’m only slightly optimistic that this will be true Guilty Pleasure Viewing.  

Also, I will totally miss Father Francis!  

• Love 5

How interesting that John found his old priest box with the Bible, the priest collar and a newspaper article about Marlena's possession.

Bill Hayes did really well in his scenes. How clever to take an older guy and make it look like he has Alzheimers. While masking the demon. Of course, the demon would come back. It's probably adapted to modern technology and doesn't need a full moon any more.

Kayla talking to Julie about her mom's deterioration was a good scene.

Johnny, your dad is putting you up in a mansion with servants and the best food and clothes and toys money can buy. Be grateful. 

Lucas has money to invest in the movie? At least Kate passed. Johnny didn't know about his grandma's possession? He didn't look up anything on the internet or in old papers?

Abs, at least EJ was happy to see you.

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

How interesting that John found his old priest box with the Bible, the priest collar and a newspaper article about Marlena's possession.

I was so mad that John wouldn’t move his hand out of the way.  I was able to read the first paragraph of the article and I was intrigued about the rest.

31 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

It's probably adapted to modern technology and doesn't need a full moon any more.

LOL!  Love that!  But Kristin going on and on about The Signs from The Scrolls was one of my favorite parts of the cheesy-ness.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Artsda said:

What money does Lucas have to give Johnny when he's living over a bar. 

Johnny's being a spoiled brat about his father. Good for Kate saying she's staying out of it because of EJ. Johnny's acting like he hates his father when EJ hasn't really done anything to destroy his son. He's still giving him a roof to live under with all his behaviour.

EJ looked really happy to see Abby. Happiest we've seen him. 

What's so wrong with living over a bar? And, he's probably saving money that way. I'm sure Roman is giving him a great discount since he's the father of his grandkids and is the son of the woman he's into.

I'm not as enamored with Johnny, or the actor playing him, as many here, but I love him not taking EJ's crap and giving right back to EJ all the attitude EJ throws at him. I think Johnny is being too cavalier about this movie and not really treating it with the care for something that's truly his dream, but EJ has been such a turd about this. If you think it's a passing fancy, so what? Actually be a supportive dad and try to rationally reason with him instead of mocking and belittling him and his passion. Stop trying to block others in the family from helping him. Stop constantly badgering him about what you want him to be doing instead. Johnny was absolutely right that it's like Groundhogs Day with EJ constantly trying to pressure him to give in. Though I guess I shouldn't be surprised that a rapist doesn't know when to take "no" for an answer.

EJ's not really giving Johnny a roof to live under - and certainly not out of the goodness of his heart or because it's what a loving parent would do. It's not EJ's roof to provide. Gabi owns the mansion. I'm pretty sure since Johnny's her daughter's uncle, she was on good terms with Sami before she disappeared, and she despises EJ right now that Gabi would let Johnny stay there if EJ tried to kick him out. I think the only reason EJ "lets" him stay there is because he considers the home his and Johnny's birthright and because it gives him the opportunity to barge into his room or whatever to continue to try and force him to work at DiMera.

I guess as someone who has always hated EJ that I should be kind of happy this actor is giving me so many reasons to continue that hate, but I kind of miss James Scott's charm. I think this actor has chemistry with AZ and with Marci Miller today, but the only time I found him remotely charming was in his brief interaction with Chanel. He just constantly oozes this gross smugness. Like what was that today with Abigail and Chad. His manipulation was so unsmooth and obvious and I was glad Abigail called him out on it.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I'm not as enamored with Johnny, or the actor playing him, as many here, but I love him not taking EJ's crap and giving right back to EJ all the attitude EJ throws at him. I think Johnny is being too cavalier about this movie and not really treating it with the care for something that's truly his dream, but EJ has been such a turd about this. If you think it's a passing fancy, so what? Actually be a supportive dad and try to rationally reason with him instead of mocking and belittling him and his passion. Stop trying to block others in the family from helping him. Stop constantly badgering him about what you want him to be doing instead. Johnny was absolutely right that it's like Groundhogs Day with EJ constantly trying to pressure him to give in. Though I guess I shouldn't be surprised that a rapist doesn't know when to take "no" for an answer.

I love the shade...  EJ is just pure scum and I am team Johnny..

• Love 11
59 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

He just constantly oozes this gross smugness. Like what was that today with Abigail and Chad. His manipulation was so unsmooth and obvious and I was glad Abigail called him out on it.

He’s behaving like a shameless asshole at the moment.  But when he first came back to Salem he was trying to make amends with Sami and repair their broken relationship.  He was making a genuine effort at being a “good” person.  So, I like that his rage at Sami having sex with Lucas is just bleeding into every aspect of his life.  It’s like he can’t help but torch everything around him that could be a source of support at this time.  His fight with Xander was such a necessary outlet for his inner turmoil that he’s refusing to deal with.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

“That was no accident. I locked that bitch in there on purpose.” (Doug)

Hilarious!

Even the Lord of Darkness hates Julie.

He can't be all bad.

• LOL 20
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

What's so wrong with living over a bar? And, he's probably saving money that way. I'm sure Roman is giving him a great discount since he's the father of his grandkids and is the son of the woman he's into.

EJ's not really giving Johnny a roof to live under - and certainly not out of the goodness of his heart or because it's what a loving parent would do. It's not EJ's roof to provide. Gabi owns the mansion. I'm pretty sure since Johnny's her daughter's uncle, she was on good terms with Sami before she disappeared, and she despises EJ right now that Gabi would let Johnny stay there if EJ tried to kick him out. I think the only reason EJ "lets" him stay there is because he considers the home his and Johnny's birthright and because it gives him the opportunity to barge into his room or whatever to continue to try and force him to work at DiMera.

I guess as someone who has always hated EJ that I should be kind of happy this actor is giving me so many reasons to continue that hate, but I kind of miss James Scott's charm. I think this actor has chemistry with AZ and with Marci Miller today, but the only time I found him remotely charming was in his brief interaction with Chanel. He just constantly oozes this gross smugness. Like what was that today with Abigail and Chad. His manipulation was so unsmooth and obvious and I was glad Abigail called him out on it.

I’m off and on about Johnny and the actor, though Johnny IS acting like an entitled brat with his dad. Yes, a parent should be supportive, yet I  understand EJ’s concern. I think Johnny could have at least given his dad that 1 day, but whatever. If he was a teenager, I could understand his behavior more.
As far as Gabi and her manipulative ownership of the mansion..she could have kicked all the DiMera boys to the curb, yet she chose to leave to keep her bitter Jake, so for me, she really should stay out of it.  Funny, she plans on bringing Titan down, rather than the DiMeras. 
Not a fan of Abigail, but I agree, she was great calling out EJ. And I think the nu-Ej has chem with Marci, Ari, and MM! Always hated Ejami..so that’s a good thing.
Chad should be concerned with his wife and EJ. They’re both bitter, licking their wounds, something is bound to happen between the two. Too bad it isn’t James Scott and the other actress who played Abigail, before Marci.

Also, Chad giving EJ flack on how to  parent is ridiculous.

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Yeah, Lucas is gainfully employed in a well-paying corporate job no real overhead expenses. He’s living at the Pub because he chose to, not because he’s broke. 

Or in a meta sense, he’s living at the Pub because the show no longer has the funds to build appropriate sets for each character.  Gone are the days when Shane and Victor had mansions, Neil had a giant lake house, Mickey/Maggie had a nice middle class house, Rojohn and his kids had a slightly less fancy middle class house, Shawn/Caroline had the very blue collar house attached to the fish market by the pier, Kim/Kayla had mid-range apartments, Adrienne lived in a dump of an apartment that didn’t even have heat, and Frankie/Max were flat-out living on the streets. A high show budget meant that home sets reflected a character’s economic status and informed that character’s outlook on life and choices. But in this day of low production funds and short shooting time, that can’t be a thing.

• Love 12

I felt like EJ threatened his son yesterday. 
EJ needs to leave Johnny alone.  He does not even know If he would be good at the Family business job. 
It’s also not Chads job to make Johnny want to work for the family.  

• Love 10

I was on my long hiatus during the 1st possession, and not sure if I'm looking forward to it this time, or not. Hopefully it won't get too campy. 

So far, though, I'm preferring it to some of the other storylines currently airing like Gabi/Jake/Brady/Philip/Chloe, as well as Ava/Rafe/Nicole.  How can those storylines be so repetitive and boring?  Maybe the fact that all those characters are just in bubbles, and have no family connections? Well, except for Brady.  And speaking of Brady, where is Kristen supposed to be, anyway?

Back to family connections, that's what I loved about Days all those years ago. And I'm now enjoying having Johnny and Allie onscreen, and them connecting with their family.  Hopefully Sami will be back soon.

I also wasn't watching with Roman and Kate were a couple, but I like the chemistry between them, and hope this isn't just a tease, and that they put them together.  Also loved Lucas spending time with his mother.  They just needed Philip there to make it perfect.

So glad that Doug's story isn't Alzheimer's.  Can't believe Bill is 96 years old, and not only still well enough to appear on the show, but to actually be part of a big storylne!

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

I need to be on whatever he is to still be that with it at 96. Bravo to him.

Seriously! He needs to drop her skincare routine, his diet, his exercise regimen. All of it!

1 hour ago, buffynut said:

Hopefully it won't get too campy. 

It's Ron and it's a fucking devil possession, it's gonna be campy as hell!

Based on them saying Marlena's possession was 25 years ago, I must have started watching just after that story.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

It's Ron and it's a fucking devil possession, it's gonna be campy as hell!

You're probably right. And, as a Buffy fan, I guess I should be able to handle the campiness.  LOL. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

He’s behaving like a shameless asshole at the moment.  But when he first came back to Salem he was trying to make amends with Sami and repair their broken relationship.  He was making a genuine effort at being a “good” person.  So, I like that his rage at Sami having sex with Lucas is just bleeding into every aspect of his life.  It’s like he can’t help but torch everything around him that could be a source of support at this time.  His fight with Xander was such a necessary outlet for his inner turmoil that he’s refusing to deal with.

I agree about the reason for the fight (though I still thought it was stupid and unnecessarily long) and I do think there’s an element of EJ lashing out with why he’s so strident with Johnny, the fight with EJ, and his behavior with Nicole when she tried to reach out to him. For me, though, I’ve had a problem with nuEJ and his smugness from the beginning even when he was happy and trying to be “good” for Sami. I do think there should be an element of smug with this character, but I don’t find many layers with him. There’s nothing really different in how he’s behaved with Chad pre and post break-up. One of the reasons Nicole relished giving him the letter was because he was a total ass to her.  

6 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

I’m off and on about Johnny and the actor, though Johnny IS acting like an entitled brat with his dad. Yes, a parent should be supportive, yet I  understand EJ’s concern. I think Johnny could have at least given his dad that 1 day, but whatever. If he was a teenager, I could understand his behavior more.
As far as Gabi and her manipulative ownership of the mansion..she could have kicked all the DiMera boys to the curb, yet she chose to leave to keep her bitter Jake, so for me, she really should stay out of it.  Funny, she plans on bringing Titan down, rather than the DiMeras. 
Not a fan of Abigail, but I agree, she was great calling out EJ. And I think the nu-Ej has chem with Marci, Ari, and MM! Always hated Ejami..so that’s a good thing.
Chad should be concerned with his wife and EJ. They’re both bitter, licking their wounds, something is bound to happen between the two. Too bad it isn’t James Scott and the other actress who played Abigail, before Marci.

Also, Chad giving EJ flack on how to  parent is ridiculous.

If I felt he had genuine concern for Johnny, I would give him more credit, but that’s not really his driving force here. In his talks with Johnny, in his talks with Chad, it’s all about Johnny taking his rightful place at DiMera and damn what he wants for his life. And, I totally get Johnny here. I’m a creative type and loathe the idea of working in an office setting. Add to that I’m stubborn and have a sometimes contentious relationship with my mother, I’d be digging my heels into if she tried to force me to do what she wanted. Johnny’s an adult. He doesn’t have to give EJ a day at DiMera if he knows it’s not what he wants.

Gabi’s not known for staying out of things even when she should, but given she does still own the mansion it would be her business to tell Johnny he could stay there if EJ tried to kick him out. Maybe EJ should trying focusing on getting the house back instead of browbeating his son. Her dumb plan isn’t to bring Titan down. It’s to bring Phillip down so she can take over Titan and then crush DiMera.

Chad has certainly done stupid/horrible things in his marriage that effects his kids, but he’s one of the few we’ve actually seen - or has mentioned - spending a lot of time with his kids and he’s a decent parent as soap parents go. Plus, his advice to EJ IMO was spot on. Even if filmmaking is a mistake for Johnny, he’s an adult allowed to make his own choices. Let him make the mistake and maybe he’ll figure out on his own that he wants to give the family business a try, but trying to shove it down his throat is not the way to go.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Because he's living in the bar because he got kicked out of free loading in the Dimera mansion. They have done nothing to show he has a job or has money to afford his own place.