Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, norcalgal said:

It's loooong past time DOOL recast the role. Too many things have happened on canvas for Hope to continue being absent.  

I know others have played Hope, but Kristian Alfonso was in the role for over 30 years. I think that qualifies for "shouldn't be recast", especially if all Hope is around for is to kiss Ben's ass and coddle Ciara.

The show should just have Julie reference that she is in touch with Hope, and just give some issue as to why Hope cannot be there in person.

• Love 14

Doug and Julie story is very sad.  At least they have Jack looking what for them.  The way Julie was arguing made me wonder how many other episodes Doug has had. 
  Liked when Chad was asking EJ about Sami.  I do think EJ had something to do with her kidnapping.  

• Love 4

Johnny wants to take this seriously why is he running around to all his relatives for money? EJ is right, earn it then he could make his movie. He doesn't want to work for it.

Tripp should dump Allie. He doesn't need this triangle.

So Gwen is now coming up with a lie to cover her lie. 

• Love 3

I hope some of the bakery stuff is actually for sale. Have samples but you want folks buying stuff and not get it for free.

Tripp, get outta Salem, do your residency elsewhere and let Allie explore her feelings for Chanel. It might be real or just some novelty for her.

EJ sure watches every nickel. Our penny has been obsolete for years. Woah, boy, you will get your money.

Johnny, earn your own money for your movie. If you film it on your phone, you can probably use iMovie or other inexpensive editing software.
Gwen, tell the truth. A new lie just covers the old one and if someone does investigate it, you will be hooped.

Julie, no, Doug just wasn’t tired. Jack is right to make a medical appointment for him.

Hi Abs. Long time no see.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, norcalgal said:

It's loooong past time DOOL recast the role. Too many things have happened on canvas for Hope to continue being absent.  

I don't miss Hope at all, but with so many storylines where she should be there, her absence is glaring. But I'm not sure I want a recast. as I didn't like Cady's version of Jennifer, and suspect I'd feel the same way about someone else playing Hope.

• Love 5

I'm fine with Hope being off screen even if it may be glaring because her kids aren't mainstays on this show despite being part of popular pairings. She has no love interest and they barely had her interact with Doug/Julie anyways. 

If she returned she'd be stuck with Rafe and having to be cool with Ben and hard pass.

I'm fine with Jack taking care of Doug/Julie this is the most I've enjoyed Jack in months.

Tripp needs to run to the hills away from Allie. The show shouldn't have made Charlie a rapist and killed him off I think that Tripp would've been a far better character if they invested into him(like family ties beyond Stayla and what makes him tick). 

I don't want Charlie back now but when they got rid of the character Tripp/Claire/Ava were all lost and directionless afterwards. At this point Tripp and Ava should join Claire/Charlie off this show.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I know others have played Hope, but Kristian Alfonso was in the role for over 30 years. I think that qualifies for "shouldn't be recast", especially if all Hope is around for is to kiss Ben's ass and coddle Ciara.

The show should just have Julie reference that she is in touch with Hope, and just give some issue as to why Hope cannot be there in person.

4 hours ago, buffynut said:

I don't miss Hope at all, but with so many storylines where she should be there, her absence is glaring. But I'm not sure I want a recast. as I didn't like Cady's version of Jennifer, and suspect I'd feel the same way about someone else playing Hope.

4 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I'm fine with Hope being off screen even if it may be glaring because her kids aren't mainstays on this show despite being part of popular pairings. She has no love interest and they barely had her interact with Doug/Julie anyways. 

I don't necessarily want the role recast, because to my mind, Kristian Alfonso IS Hope!  But, I don't think the storylines involving key incidents to her immediate family members (Ciara being found alive but now has amnesia, Claire being kidnapped by crazy Jan) worked without her being on canvas. Perhaps just a limited run, where after the immediacy of the situation is over...Hope can go on a "world cruise" or something. [Hey, if that can work for OG Sally Spectra, why not Hope?!]

Depending on where they go with the Doug story...it just perpetuates the silliness of Hope not being there when an immediate family member is going through something dramatic/life changing.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, norcalgal said:

Perhaps just a limited run, where after the immediacy of the situation is over...Hope can go on a "world cruise" or something. [Hey, if that can work for OG Sally Spectra, why not Hope?!]

You can't have a limited run unless KA is willing to do a limited run.  It doesn't sound like she is. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

You can't have a limited run unless KA is willing to do a limited run.  It doesn't sound like she is. 

Yeah, when Kristian Alfonso left, I think she made it pretty clear that she was done. (With the show and the awful writing, the latter of which persists.) I think the only way we see her again is when the show ends and/or there are new writers.

• Love 9
22 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Sorry, maybe my post was confusing.  I meant a limited run with a recast Hope. As I previously posted, given how much ish has been happening to her immediate family, it's crazy Hope isn't on canvas. 

And here we go with another family member facing ish - Hope's father. Maybe they'll resolve that story quickly and mostly off screen. That's probably the best way to avoid having the ridiculousness of Hope's continued absence.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Yeah, when Kristian Alfonso left, I think she made it pretty clear that she was done. (With the show and the awful writing, the latter of which persists.) I think the only way we see her again is when the show ends and/or there are new writers.

I just wanted to add that Kristian Alfonso has always gone with the flow when it comes to the writing and direction of the show for years. Whereas, Peter who played Bo was the one who always expressed his displeasure when he was unhappy to the people in charge.  So for Kristian to quit because of the awful writing says a lot.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
23 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

So for Kristian to quit because of the awful writing says a lot.  

I thought she quit because her feelings were hurt when TPTB advised her that they were putting the Hope character on break for a few months, so she'd not be needed for a bit.  Also thought there were plans for a big storyline for Hope, when the character returned, but she wasn't interested in waiting / returning.  Could be more, of course, but that's what sticks out in my mind from the interviews she did at the time.

3 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Okay but why was i feeling the fuck out of todays performances

Still not a big fan of Gwen, but it was interesting that her lie ended up bringing up painful memories for Jack.

Abby and Chad were fine, and it worked that their scenes were the same day Gwen continued to lie about her miscarriage.

Still like Johnny, a lot.  Actor has screen charisma. 

Doug and Julie were heart breaking in their scenes, and I really felt the fear they were feeling.

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, buffynut said:

I thought she quit because her feelings were hurt when TPTB advised her that they were putting the Hope character on break for a few months, so she'd not be needed for a bit.  Also thought there were plans for a big storyline for Hope, when the character returned, but she wasn't interested in waiting / returning.  Could be more, of course, but that's what sticks out in my mind from the interviews she did at the time.

I think KA stating it was "not the show [she] remembered..." was a veiled swipe at the writing/stories. This was after the last disaster with Princess Gina. I think even she had had enough by then.

• Love 6

Gwen can die anytime. She comes up now with prostitute lie while Abby who has brain damage due to her drugging has left her marriage and thinks she's a baby killer. All so she could have Jack? She can have him, Abby deserves a better father.

• Love 8

I admit to crying during the scenes with Doug & Julie.  Bill & Susan were wonderful (Susan can be 'over the top" & "chews the scenery" but these scenes were tender & filled with memories & the 2 of them have such a connection.  

• Love 12

Xander and EJ went at it man to man? So EJ hates Lima beans. Awwwww. Don't think either really won except EJ for his bravado.

Johnny, maybe get a job so you can fund your own movie. And no, getting Will's script may not be the best idea. However, sticking it to dad making the film about mom may score some points.

Abs, stay in Boston and out of Gwen's way.

Gwen, you are a coward to make up some malarkey that you were a prostitute and Dr. Snyder was one of your customers. Things like that do come out. You are on borrowed time til the real truth comes out.

Nice to see Doug and Julie as not scenery chewers but facing a real problem.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, buffynut said:

Ron is pretty notorious for "promising" actors big storylines to get them to stay or come back. I don't blame KA, or GV,  for not buying anything he promised them and deciding to leave.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4

Today was the first time in a while that I turned off the show due to lack of interest.  Not interested in Bonnie, and not interested in Gabi / Jake,  In fact I'm extremely tired of Jake and his annoying accent, and sick of scheming Gabi.  Also bored with the Chloe/Philip/Brady, and Nicole/Ava/ Rafe triangles.    Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Today was the first time in a while that I turned off the show due to lack of interest.  Not interested in Bonnie, and not interested in Gabi / Jake,  In fact I'm extremely tired of Jake and his annoying accent, and sick of scheming Gabi.  Also bored with the Chloe/Philip/Brady, and Nicole/Ava/ Rafe triangles.    Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Once Gabi became all about Jake, I lost interest in her.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 8
25 minutes ago, buffynut said:

In fact I'm extremely tired of Jake and his annoying accent, and sick of scheming Gabi.  

16 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Once Gabi became all about Jake, I lost interest in her.. 

This and this. It's disappointing. They need to get rid of Jake. He doesn't work at all imo. And he's pretty much ruined Gabi for me.

• Love 10
55 minutes ago, RedElf said:

Why is Nicole wearing her bathrobe to work?

47 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I liked the dress, but the belt was completely hideous and didn't go with the dress at all.

Neither dress nor belt worked for me. I thought both were hideous!

• Love 2

Rafe was pretty aggressive with Bonnie.  Glad Justin showed up when he did.  
Phillip looked nice today with his new hair do then he spoke.  His jealous really is ugly.  And I don’t even blame him for being jealous.  
  Was Ava applying for a chef position at Julies ?   Maybe she could work at channel’s bakery.    
  Brady can’t really be that stupid to fall for Gabi lies.  

I was surprised at how well Calista could write the note she did - in case something happened to her. Not like anyone can really corroborate it. Her fingerprints may be on the gun, and Bonnie's may or may not be on the gun. Probably are, though. Bonnie did tell most of the truth. Now she has Justin on her side - maybe she is doomed.

Philip looked better with his hair cut. He and Ava can compare notes on who is more jealous than the other. Rafe may stay away from Nicole for a while but at some point Ava will do something to screw things up. Or maybe she'll get a taste of Dirty Duke the Bear.

Gabi's outfit was nice - for summer. Nicole's dress and belt did not work.

What kind of job is Ava applying for? Wouldn't she have business or office skills since she ran the mob business>

• Love 3

Ciara didn't know what her husband ordered?

Interesting that Cin are still in Louisiana.

I wonder why Show decided to go with dark slave history. Is that going to follow up with the Halloween episodes?

I'm glad Show remembered the Gabi store story, because I forgot.

• Love 1

Ron doing a plantation plot with fucking Ciara/Ben. Fuck off! I mean, I fast forwarded it so I shouldn't really complain but!

I fast forwarded most of today actually. I have absolutely no interest in Ben/Ciara, Brady/Chloe, Nicole/Rafe, or Gabi/Jake. In fact, I actively hate most of them lol.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Ron doing a plantation plot with fucking Ciara/Ben. Fuck off! I mean, I fast forwarded it so I shouldn't really complain but!

I fast forwarded most of today actually. I have absolutely no interest in Ben/Ciara, Brady/Chloe, Nicole/Rafe, or Gabi/Jake. In fact, I actively hate most of them lol.

Oh boy I hate all of those too. Delete without watching it is!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

55 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't care about most of the same characters / storylines.   However, I am a Cin fan, so did watch their scenes, and the girl who was the plantation guide was really, really good.   So worth watching if only for that.  

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, buffynut said:

However, I am a Cin fan, so did watch their scenes, and the girl who was the plantation guide was really, really good.   So worth watching if only for that.  

I did watch for a minute to see who the woman was and I agree she was great. Not good enough to get me to watch those scenes though lol.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, RedElf said:

I wonder why Show decided to go with dark slave history.

44 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

It’s all so clear to me now!! That in a previous life, that fucking asshole  Ben was a previous slave owner!! 
What else could it be? Makes sense given his personality!

Que Doc Marlena intervention , Ben  needs some past life hypnosis!!

I haven’t watched the ep though. 

Edited by Chellfairy
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

Was I supposed to be moved by Ben being affected by being in a plantation? Fuck off Ron! 

I fast forwarded most of their scenes, but I caught some of it and - maybe the show’s heart was in the right place - but so much of the dialogue was so trite and felt like pandering. It didn’t help that it was delivered by VK and RSW - though in their defense I don’t think Meryl Streep or Tom Hanks could have made that stuff any less hackneyed. Also, maybe I’m overreacting partially due to my hate of the character/pairing, but I was somewhat offended they were using such an important, dark topic to goose up Ben’s angst about his serial killing ways.

• Love 6
On 9/14/2021 at 5:26 PM, buffynut said:

Jake, even with his annoying accent, was more interesting when he wasn't trying to be CEO of Titan or Dimera.

Jake was never , ever interesting to me. Just thirsty, very thirsty. He’s no DiMera Bro..(even hated his “twin” Stefan.. stupid story, IMO)

However, if they insist on keeping him on, he and Ava may be a good pairing, since they were both in her{The God} Fathers “business “ And since similar thirsty Gabi,  hates Ava, that would be kinda cool..until they decide to kill off The Kiriakis/ DiMera fam. and lose!! we could get rid of Gabi and Jake.

Wont happen..writers too dumb 😞 

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

I don't care about most of the same characters / storylines.   However, I am a Cin fan, so did watch their scenes, and the girl who was the plantation guide was really, really good.   So worth watching if only for that.  

I was trying to figure out if I’ve seen her somewhere else. I liked her. 

• Love 3