Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

The DiMera siblings are safely behind bars?  Stefan?  Who else is Jack talking about?

I'm kinda glad that Trask is back to being her hateful self.  Some things don't change.

Um, Eric, mentioning that Kristen had Ted killed isn't a very good argument for letting her off.

Tony and Kristen. Jack doesn't remember Tony so he is assuming he is like Kristen. 

2 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Will Julie and Doug run the club now?  It seemed that Chloe did all of it.

I think we found Nicole's new job. 😊

• Love 3

Jennifer looked beautiful today. She has never looked so good since Jack’s return. She used to have really severe hair and harsh makeup or frumpy styling especially during the Daniel and Failure eras. Her personality is so much more light and likable too. 

Sarah and Xander were entertaining but something rang false. I don’t sense any attraction or interest on Sarah’s side though she sold her disgust and demand for accountability and need for answers well. 

Kayla is remarkably patient and diplomatic with Jack but still conveys her wariness and deep seated issues. He said “do you always think you’re that high and mighty?” She is really not that sanctimonious, but generous in wanting what’s best for Jennifer and him, in spite of her experiences of being abused by him. 

Hope bringing Jennifer cake is a long standing trope and tradition that Jen has a sweet tooth. Remember when Ted left randomly when dessert was delivered at Brady’s Pub and Jen dug in 😂 I’m the same way when it comes to brussel sprouts (in any form cooked) they are my crack. 

Restaurants are really hard to run and manage. Chloe leaving out will cause a fuck ton of work for flighty Julie. But I think this might usher in a story where someone else like Ciara or Sonny helping run Doug’s Place. Yay? 

I will miss Chloe as an OG fan from Ghoul Girl days. But I’m used to soaps writing out or squandering faves. (Cough) Bridget on B&B, perhaps one of the only legit good girls on daytime, who wasn’t a judgy asshole or boring and had a brain. 

Never a Tripp fan but random AF he was written out. This writing is crazy. Anyone or story Ron or Corday gets bored w is gone arbitrarily. You can tell no actual planning goes on. 

There are ways to get the truth out of Kristen without giving her a deal to walk. Like Brady wave promise of your nudes and dong. Or take her to a Scared Straight program. Prison from what I’ve heard from an inmate I’ve known and talking to a States Attorney office (I was the victim of a violent crime recently) isn’t ...pleasant ...and Kristen is brittle and uptight AF. They should be able to crack her already even with a lightened sentence. But this is Salem PD and Eli at charge so basically no law enforcement whatsoever. Irritating/insulting as a victim watching and knowing how offenders really are managed. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Never a Tripp fan but random AF he was written out. This writing is crazy. Anyone or story Ron or Corday gets bored w is gone arbitrarily. You can tell no actual planning goes on. 

This is my beef as well.  I liked having Chloe back, and Tripp had potential.  But poof, they are gone.  It's a revolving door.

• Love 6

I too wish they would do more with Jack. He is a treasure and I love seeing people from days ago. Good bye Tripp. 

Did anyone else feel that Haileys dress was a tad too short? I was getting nervous for a minute there that censors would have to put a black bar across her hootchie. 

Hate to say it but I hope they redeem Zander.  If it can be done to numerous others, they can do it for him. I kinda love his personality when he is not being downright slimey.  

Sarah, what did you expect from Eric? He is going to dump you for Nicole. Good grief that man is emasculated by every woman he falls for. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

(I was the victim of a violent crime recently)

Petunia, I'm sorry to hear that! I hope all's well (as can be) now. 

I wish there'd been more for Tripp to do, but I hope at least this gig opened some doors for the actor. Doug's Place can't be run by two octogenarians, can it? But great idea for Sonny to take over. 

P.S. Brussel sprouts, Petunia? We have them once a year, on Thanksgiving, whether we want to or not, lol. But more power to you :)

• Love 5

Eric baffles me.  He bores and annoys me, too, but yesterday, the way he was yelling at Melinda, practically having a terrible two meltdown, I wondered what the hell is WRONG with him.  Does he really think that throwing a tantrum will get him what he wants?  I'm no Melinda fan but everything she said to him about Kristen made sense, and he was such an ugly big baby about the whole thing, he's lucky she didn't toss him out of her office on his ass.

There was a time, and not that long ago, where this is the sort of behavior I'd expect to see from Brady.  I guess they really are brothers.

What a brat.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

Again, why is ERIC trying to make a deal with the DA? He isn't a lawyer, he isn't Kristen's lawyer and he has no business doing that. Same with all the people going into talk to Kristen before she was finally taken to her holding cell. Eric could have (wish he would have) strangled her and no one was there. So stupid.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Thanks @Lastwaltz other than cuts on my finger and wrist I’m okay.

They should throw out law enforcement entirely for Salem since nothing is done even remotely logically, they are ineffectual AF, and no one pays. 

@boes I totally agree. Melinda made some strong points why she shouldn’t pander to Kristen’s dangling unproven comments about Holly and Nicole. I know she’s a bitch but she makes sense most of the time. 

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Thanks @Lastwaltz other than cuts on my finger and wrist I’m okay.

They should throw out law enforcement entirely for Salem since nothing is done even remotely logically, they are ineffectual AF, and no one pays. 

@boes I totally agree. Melinda made some strong points why she shouldn’t pander to Kristen’s dangling unproven comments about Holly and Nicole. I know she’s a bitch but she makes sense most of the time. 

Why is the show pretending like there is no way to verify Kristen's claims?  You offer Kristen immunity on the grounds that Nicole and Holly are found safely.  Until they are brought back to Salem Kristen should stay under police custody. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

OMG - set your DVRs people. ELI TOLD JULIE SHE SAYS RACIST SHIT! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

*Highlight of 2019*

The writers must be reading the boards.  I was not sure what to make of those scenes, was I supposed to think "this is informative"?

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

OMG - set your DVRs people. ELI TOLD JULIE SHE SAYS RACIST SHIT! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

*Highlight of 2019*

YEEES! Eli calling her out saying "sometimes you say racially insensitive things" made me literally applaud at the screen!

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, howmanywords said:

YEEES! Eli calling her out saying "sometimes you say racially insensitive things" made me literally applaud at the screen!

Julie's response of "I used to march for civil rights and burn my bras" smacks of "Some of my best friends are black." It is beyond condescending and I love that she was called out on trivializing important moments in history. 

So I guess Julie's now convinced herself that Gabi pushed her down the stairs instead of the truth that they were fighting over the paternity test.  I also thought Gabi's reaction to Julie's massively rude apology was spot on as was her rolling her eyes at Julie's falling to her knees-lets not forget that Julie exaggerated her symptoms to make Gabi look bad once before.  I could see Gabi walking away, convinced Julie was faking again.

• Love 11

Damn near a year every scene at Doug’s Place showed Chloe working. Now Julie’s  screaming Chloe didn’t lift a finger and dancing that’s she’s gone. 🙄 

also some nerve to hold her being kidnapped and stalked against her and saying she wished the cartel kept her. I’m glad Eli brought up her comments too btw. She has no self awareness or sensitivity. 

• Love 13

Julie's lack of self-awareness is complete, not a crack in that shell of stupidity, not even a hint of one.  At some point, she told Eli that she "never meant to hurt anybody."  Seems to me that Julie has always taken some sort of perverse pride in being as offensive as she can get to those she deems unworthy, and that's not a short list.  So poop on her "not meaning to hurt anybody", that's exactly what she tries to do, and she does it often.

I don't blame Gabi one bit for walking away from her, considering that every time Julie has spoken to her since Nick, she's insulted and screamed at her.  I hope whatever kids Eli and Lani might have don't end up with too many contributions from the Julie gene pool.

I love Eli and wish Show used him more than they do.  I think the actor has consistently gotten better and IMO, his acting has an ease to it, a naturalness (is that a word?) that I really enjoy.  Lani I can take or leave but Eli doesn't get the time or storyline I think he deserves.

Kristen, after her multiple murder attempts, her embryo-stealing, her threats, impersonations, sexual misconduct - hell, you name it - should never go free.  Why can't they promise her a deal and then just renege on it?  It's not as if anyone would care.  And why can't she be brought up on federal charges of kidnapping.  She sure as hell went across state lines with somebody at some point, taking people from Salem to Nashville and then back again.  I know it's Salem, the land common sense forgot, but the prospect of her walking free is pretty ludicrous.

Almost as ludicrous as Eric acting surprised that Sarah wants to break up with him before he dumps her again.  The man is such a putz not to own up to Sarah about what he truly wants and instead seems to want to keep her around as filler just in case things don't work out with Nicole.

How wonderful it was to see Kate waltz back into the DiMera mansion as if she owned it!  I like you Gabi, sorta like you too, Stefan, but you both should just bow down in the presence of greatness.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 1
  • Love 21

Julie deserved the schooling that she got from Eli. I do understand it in terms of some of my elderly relatives' generation when they used certain words for things and they aren't likely to change. My cousin schooled his aunt on something she said on the weekend. Good for him. Julie may not mean to harm anyone, but she does. It's not with a wink or any sort of good humour. Just an entitlement. Maybe if more people judged her, things may change.

Yeah, Julie, your repeated yelling and screaming at Gabi is not going to make her want to listen to you or accept anything you say. It has been your pattern for years and an 'apology' isn't going to change things. Talk is cheap. Gabi would only help you as a general respect for a human being but she can easily walk away - your treatment of her has been unacceptable and she owes you nothing. Someone should also tell Chloe about your newfound freedom. The club details should be worked out with an attorney for Chloe to give you power or hire someone else or arrange for you to buy back her share.

Kristen should not be getting any kind of deal. The Salem justice system is pretty much a joke.

Sarah, good on you for wanting to dump Eric before he dumps you for Nicole. If he finds her and she still wants him. Do you really want a man who loves someone else and you are just a short term filler until he reconnects with her? It is not fair to you as a person. That he loves you like 55%. He will choose Nicole until he and she wear out their karma.

Gabi, you are still learning a lot about being devious. See Kate as your mentor.

Nice of Jack to drop by to see JJ.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

Is it weird that during Julie’s last scene I was wondering, and looking forward to, what boes’ reaction was going to be? (boes’ posts crack me up).

Edited by DanaMB
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5

That was a real disappointment. I don't get why the writers even went that way. Why not have Julie politely acknowledge her partner's good work? She just looks like a delusional old bat for acting like she can handle the work better on her own. What will she do now - stack the dishes differently?

And where the hell is Adrienne? I find her absence really glaring...

• Love 8
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

That was a real disappointment. I don't get why the writers even went that way. Why not have Julie politely acknowledge her partner's good work? She just looks like a delusional old bat for acting like she can handle the work better on her own. What will she do now - stack the dishes differently?

And where the hell is Adrienne? I find her absence really glaring...

Judi is on a recurring basis but yes she should be featured more same with Justin/WK (although he does GH too) I rather see these two than a lot of other characters they choose to feature.

I think Ron hates old characters and this is how he sees them. Yeah Julie can be a bitch but I remember back then she was a lot more grounded.

• Love 4

I completely understand why Gabi is walking away from Julie. Gabi is used to Julie's overly dramatic actions and falling on her knees begging for forgiveness as a way of getting Gabi's attention is totally within Julie's character. I know the entire town is going to shit on her for walking away but I am totally behind Gabi.

Sarah is the smartest woman Eric has ever dated because she had the sense to walk away rather than wait for him to decide to take Nicole back again. 

I loved Jennifer explaining Jack to JJ. No, he was not perfect but he was always trying to be better and that was what made Jack Jack.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I skipped a lot of Friday's ep because I was busy and trying to get through it quick, but the last few scenes were fantastic. The acting in the Kate/Stefan scene was great, the Gabi/Julie scene was so ott in a fun way, and the Jack/Jennifer/Eric scene was so fun and soapy. I'm excited for Monday!

• Love 3

I just watched Friday’s episode and I am thoroughly confused. Julie “The Great Liberator of the Downtrodden,” is confused that someone could perceive her as racist. She seriously says this to Eli, the black grandson she never knew she had and who was subjected to a life of growing without the “Holier Than Thou” Hortons because Julie didn’t want her fair-haired son to be with Eli’s black mother. 

I don’t know if this is supposed to reflect the character’s lack of self-awareness, or the writers.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 8/20/2019 at 7:21 PM, enchantingmonkey said:

"Oh, my god, this is starting to get old!"  Was that one of the script writers giving a wink to the audience?  

Yes, clearly  -- and it was also probably her last day on the job.

On 8/20/2019 at 9:40 PM, kitmerlot1213 said:

... but then she had to do so much exposition, her headache disappeared 🙂

... As so often happens in life!

• Love 3

I think the Eli/Julie scene was for the audience.  JMHO I felt it was a good scene and all the actors were spot on.  Julie not thinking anything she was saying was wrong.  Is it just her age ?  My grandma says somethings but we know what’s in her heart.  People that don’t know her would only go by her words.  

The only thing that was off to me was Eli feeling guilty.  He was so kind and gentle explaining his point.  

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Happytobehere said:

I don’t know if this is supposed to reflect the character’s lack of self-awareness, or the writers.

Honestly, I keep going back and forth on this. I think we're meant to see Julie as the child of an earlier era, and she's fairly lacking in self-awareness about 90 percent of the time; she has occasionally shown the capacity to remove her head from her own lower digestive tract. But at the same time, I find I'm quite reluctant to give these writers credit for recognizing Julie's flaws for what they are -- or even to give them much in the way of benefit of the doubt.

So often on this show, it's decided that a character is a Good character or a Bad character, for reasons that seem independent of their actual behaviour; and if someone is deemed Good, then they are allowed to behave however their mood or the plot requires, without really being questioned on their ethics or held to any accounting. (The most usual excuse for whatever fit of selfishness, blindness or manipulation (or, frequently, pure idiocy, in the case of Bonehead Black, Julie, or Former Father Uncle Eric) comes over them is that they did the heinous thing of the month for their family. Hlurrff.) 

Couldn't someone have just torn Not Nicole's fool head off along with her body-modifying "mask"? IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK FOR , REALLY?!

Edited by Sandman
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

Gabi is really pretty. Julie is such an old harpy. I remember Julie back in the day and she was America’s sweetheart. Now, she’s written as an old bitter person. I guess they got the memo from the viewers and critics that Julie was basically racist. Of course, this would have been done months ago but Days taping schedule doesn’t allow that. I guess it’d better late than never.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Julie is such an old harpy. I remember Julie back in the day and she was America’s sweetheart. Now, she’s written as an old bitter person.

Judging by the clip they used when Julie was reminiscing about spending the holidays with Alice and Tom, I'd say that everyone's sweetheart she may have been, but I'll bet that Julie always was a selfish, willful, spoiled princess. I wasn't watching the show in that era, but whatever scandal she'd got into that put her in Grandpa Horton's bad books then (her thing with Doug?) was enough that they clearly weren't on speaking terms. Julie never expressed remorse during that call, you'll have noticed; she hinted at a longing to come home, and her grandmother indulged her, while Tom just gave a general stink-eye all around. Her entitlement might be life-long.

So after putting up with weeks of Non-Nicole's Rubberface Follies, the only payoff I get is 27 drawn-out minutes of yelly recapping, and that woman trying to kidnap Marlena for the eleventieth time? 

The look on Lani's face was almost worth all of the boilerplate histrionics, though: she passes a hand across her face, and you could see her thinking: "Why do we even come to these Brady family events? They're always so awkward! And all the exposition means the food's usually cold..."

Edited by Sandman
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3

I stood in and watch Days live this rainy Monday and was struck by the following:

1) Of the couples I have seen interact since I returned last week -- Sarah/Eric, Gabi/Stefan, Lani/Eli, Ciara/Ben, Jennifer/Jack and Will/Sonny -- the couples who have zero chemistry and need to be broken up (IMO) are Sarah/Eric and Lani/Eli. The whole Ben is a serial killer albatross is unfortunate. But show foolishly made the character the killer, and then foolishly brought the actor back as the same character. I think Sarah had sparks with Xander.

2) I love Robin Strasser, and I am reserving judgement until I see what they do with her character, but bringing a new actress in to play with a new actor playing Stefan could be a mistake, but who knows. 

3) The show's bringing back all of these characters who have been pronounced dead has earned my beloved Kayla the title of Doctor Doolittle. SMH.

4) I'm glad real Tony is back, but I wish the DiMeras could be sidelined because the show has ruined that family.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Happytobehere said:

I love Robin Strasser, and I am reserving judgement until I see what they do with her character, but bringing a new actress in to play with a new actor playing Stefan could be a mistake, but who knows. 

See, I thought that could actually work out better. They could form their own chemistry. Sadly, Robin's outfit and hair aren't doing her any favours. Like Eileen as Kristen, there's no replacing Louise as Viv.

I was wondering if and when the show was going to have Stefan do something in retaliation against Kate. The timing here felt kind of random, a little bit like Julie's epiphany about her racist comments.

Did they really have to have three separate scenes of Julie begging for her life? It would have played out much better if Gabi had just walked away quickly at the beginning. Interesting though how she walked away from Julie and left her to die and then promptly put herself in the path of a bullet to save Kate's life. I doubt anyone will ever know that she saved Kate's life though.

I loved Kate grabbing a bottle of booze on her way out! LOL That was great.

I know I should be excited to see Rolfe again, but I'm not. I'm so tired of Ron's epic bringing people back from the dead storyline. It's exactly the kind of thing I should love but the execution is way off.

And reusing John and Marlena's townhouse again so soon after making it into Ted's apartment? Really?

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Did they really have to have three separate scenes of Julie begging for her life?

Yes.  I get that they wanted to give Stefan some time to hold Kate at gunpoint (although that went on too long as well) but it would have worked better had she just taken a long time to get home rather than had half of her scenes with Julie.

I'm just going to choose to see Robin as Dorian and BB as her son and it'll be like a new family in town instead of Vivian and her son.

We need more scenes like Friday/today when Eric and Jack were planning to burst down the door and Jennifer just walked in. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 7
25 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I loved Kate grabbing a bottle of booze on her way out! LOL That was great.

Easily my favorite moment in today's show. I hope to be as boss as Kate one day.

Edited by MerBearStare
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I liked

when Eric and jack were both acting like morons Jennifer took charge and busted in the drs apartment. 

Kate taking the bottle of booze to her room. 

Julie begging Ben not to kill her.  Ben and Ciara non reactions to that and just getting her to hospital. 

Kayla and Sarah’s talk.  Finally Sarah has a friend to talk to.  It’s great she has her mom but some stuff you just don’t want to talk about with your parents. 

• Love 10

I thought 'nuVivian's" red wig was atrocious and I've never seen Robin Strasser act before, so I thought her acting was over-the-top.  Jennifer just walking into Rolfe's apartment while Jack&Eric argue about how to get in, LOL.   I agree with everyone who is "Ugh" with the return of Angry/mopey Eric, sheesh he had a few minutes of smiles & happiness with Sarah.  Sarah: don't be a Sap!  Don't wait around for Eric, Xander is available 🙂

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I thought 'nuVivian's" red wig was atrocious and I've never seen Robin Strasser act before, so I thought her acting was over-the-top.  Jennifer just walking into Rolfe's apartment while Jack&Eric argue about how to get in, LOL.   I agree with everyone who is "Ugh" with the return of Angry/mopey Eric, sheesh he had a few minutes of smiles & happiness with Sarah.  Sarah: don't be a Sap!  Don't wait around for Eric, Xander is available 🙂

Well Vivian is OTT (at least post Buried Alive storyline) so it fits. However RS is capable of being understated etc if you watched her as Dorian on OLTL she was awesome a fierce bitch.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Sandman said:

Judging by the clip they used when Julie was reminiscing about spending the holidays with Alice and Tom, I'd say that everyone's sweetheart she may have been, but I'll bet that Julie always was a selfish, willful, spoiled princess. I wasn't watching the show in that era, but whatever scandal she'd got into that put her in Grandpa Horton's bad books then (her thing with Doug?) was enough that they clearly weren't on speaking terms. Julie never expressed remorse during that call, you'll have noticed; she hinted at a longing to come home, and her grandmother indulged her, while Tom just gave a general stink-eye all around. Her entitlement might be life-long.

Julie really is the epitome of Horton entitlement and does she truly believe that Abby dropped the charges against Gabi out of the goodness of her heart?  It hasn't occurred to Julie even once that Abs' might feel some sort of guilt for having helped send Gabi to prison?  No in Julie's might, it was all Stefan--revisionist history has been trademarked by the Horton family.

Again, zero problem with Gabi's walking away from Julie's dramatics--that hag really is the boy who cried wolf. 

Gabi's talking Stefan down from trying to kill Kate was awesome because we got Gabi's remembering the Nick Fallon fiasco and that getting rid of a body is super-hard.  Only in Salem 🙂

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, Sandman said:

So after putting up with weeks of Non-Nicole's Rubberface Follies, the only payoff I get is 27 drawn-out minutes of yelly recapping, and that woman trying to kidnap Marlena for the eleventieth time? 

The look on Lani's face was almost worth all of the boilerplate histrionics, though: she passes a hand across her face, and you could see her thinking: "Why do we even come to these Brady family events? They're always so awkward! And all the exposition means the food's usually cold..."

Julie was never really a sweetheart she was the bad seed of the Hortons and owned it. I believe that call was about Julie getting pregnant with David(Eli's dad) and having to give him up etc. this was referenced in SSH/Julie's 50th anniversary episode.

• Love 4

Why was Jennifer shocked to see Doctor Rolf sitting there, when he was who they were looking for?

Jeez, Stefan, you just put a bullet hole in the floor.

I like how telling the ambulance to come to "the park" is sufficient information to get them to the correct location.

Would that be Vivian's precious son Stefan, or her precious son Quinn?

Can the mayor of a town agree to violate FDA regulations?

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Julie was never really a sweetheart she was the bad seed of the Hortons and owned it.

Did she, though? I only saw the one clip, and none of its context, so I'm prepared to take your word for it -- but nothing about that phone call suggested the behaviour of one taking responsibility for her actions. It makes me skeptical. If Julie really was a "Bad Girl" in the past, it makes her present sanctimoniousness all the more hypocritical, though not necessarily unrealistic for that reason.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I thought 'nuVivian's" red wig was atrocious and I've never seen Robin Strasser act before, so I thought her acting was over-the-top. 

Robin Strasser has been acting in soaps since the '60s. (I know - even though I wasn't born until the decade after - that she originated Rachel on Another World.) In that era, the acting for all soaps seemed to be "go big or go home". Or, as Jon Lovitz on SNL would shout it, "AHCTING!"

It seems Ms. Strasser has never altered her style to fit the times.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I'm just going to choose to see Robin as Dorian and BB as her son and it'll be like a new family in town instead of Vivian and her son. 

Same.

I thought BB was better these past 2 days then he was the entire rest of his run so far. LK was also fantastic. I thought CB was pretty bad in the scenes where she talked Stefan down though.  But she was great in the scenes with Julie.

• Love 3

I enjoyed today's show - lots going on and a good amount of humor in amongst it all.

28 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Robin Strasser has been acting in soaps since the '60s. (I know - even though I wasn't born until the decade after - that she originated Rachel on Another World) In that era, the acting for all soaps seemed to be "go big or go home". Or, as Jon Lovitz on SNL would shout it, "ACHTING!"

It seems Ms. Strasser has never altered her style to fit the times.

Good to know. I'd never seen RS before and am not sure what to think as yet. She's certainly OTT with her acting choices, which actually worked ok in those scenes for me, given how ridiculous the whole plot is. But honestly, I found it hard to get past the wig.

As the lone Ben fan on this board (albeit one who doesn't want him to become some white hat hero), I gotta say that I absolutely loved Julie's "don't kill me" line to him. It cracked me up that even as she is dying she continues to be bossy and critical. So true to character and very funny.

I really enjoyed the Stefan/Kate/Gabi scenes, mainly because for me BB played them well - he seemed to be finally channeling his inner Dimera, and had a hint of menace that BB's version hasn't shown much before. "Honey, please get out of the way" was my line of the day. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the three of them together as they battle for control of Dimera - and that decanter of booze that Kate took with her on her way out.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Did she, though? I only saw the one clip, and none of its context, so I'm prepared to take your word for it -- but nothing about that phone call suggested the behaviour of one taking responsibility for her actions. It makes me skeptical. If Julie really was a "Bad Girl" in the past, it makes her present sanctimoniousness all the more hypocritical, though not necessarily unrealistic for that reason.

Julie is/was the original "Sami" of the Horton family. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Horton princesses never take accountability. 

• Love 8

Robin Strasser has always been a more "showy" type of actress, from what I can remember.  She was the perfect foil for Erika Slezak but Dorian felt like more of a real person when I started watching OLTL in the mid-80s.  When I came back to the show towards the end of its run, Dorian was almost all cartoon.  Maybe I was expecting Judith Chapman levels of scene-chewing, so I thought Strasser was fine for her first day, but this is Vivian Alamain now being played by Dorian Lord.  And just like they do, wardrobe did her absolutely no favors with that outfit.  

Kate was the best part of the show today.  I'd love it if we'd get a scene of her recounting the whole ordeal with Stefan holding her at gunpoint to someone but they've left her without any friends or family at this point.  

Edited by enchantingmonkey
  • Love 6