Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

40 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

It seems like Haley is hoping for some wonderful Salem man to rescue her. She probably could have got an employment visa for nurses, or her sister could have helped her out. She's been quite passive about her situation.

What is so annoying about this story is why JJ and Trip are willing to sacrifice so much for her.  If Ron wanted to inject any realism in this story he could have had Haley pay somebody to marry her and that person absconded with the money without marrying her leaving her desperate for a groom. That has happened in real life.  This would require Ron to speak to Immigrants and do research. He lives in New York, so he has no excuse.  Ron probably thinks that Illegal immigrants are only of color. There are plenty of Russians, Polish and Irish ones too.  The media never talks about them..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
10 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I have not been watching the show, it is just boring and predictable.

Me, either.  I've been working in my garden - the weather has been beautiful.  The dogwoods and crabapples are blooming, the yoshino cherry is close to blooming, the roses are leafed out, the peonies are up and almost all my hostas are awake.  And for the second year we have the sweetest little morning doves nesting in the Fat Albert Spruce right outside the bedroom window.

While I've missed Camila Banus in all her glory and ORK knocking it out of the park, the choice has been easy.  I'd much rather be outside enjoying mother nature than inside watching a pathetic Hope, depressing Will, ridiculous Tripp and Haley, Eve and Jack doing whatever it is they're doing, etc. 

I'll keep track of what's going on here but will tap out of watching for awhile.  Soon it will be time to add some impatiens, petunias, elephant ears, caladiums, hibiscus . . .

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Me, either.  I've been working in my garden - the weather has been beautiful.  The dogwoods and crabapples are blooming, the yoshino cherry is close to blooming, the roses are leafed out, the peonies are up and almost all my hostas are awake.  And for the second year we have the sweetest little morning doves nesting in the Fat Albert Spruce right outside the bedroom window.

While I've missed Camila Banus in all her glory and ORK knocking it out of the park, the choice has been easy.  I'd much rather be outside enjoying mother nature than inside watching a pathetic Hope, depressing Will, ridiculous Tripp and Haley, Eve and Jack doing whatever it is they're doing, etc. 

I'll keep track of what's going on here but will tap out of watching for awhile.  Soon it will be time to add some impatiens, petunias, elephant ears, caladiums, hibiscus . . .

Other than lumping Jack freaking Deveraux in with the rest of those useless lumps, I completely agree.

• Love 2

Were you guys who've stopped watching now, watching back when Serena spend hours and hours looking for an elephant ornament that was practically under her nose? Or when Nicole wandered through Salem talking to no one but herself?  IMO, those Days were way worse than what we're watching now.  So if I suffered through that, I can handle what's currently onscreen.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
14 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

But UGH, this is such a Franco plot, Ron.  Poor baby Franco Ben has been framed for a crime he didn't commit, and only the steadfast love of Carly Nina Liz Ciara can see him through!  Not into it at all.

Right. This type of story was annoying the first time so by the 500th time it's just like rage blackout inducing.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, buffynut said:

Were you guys who've stopped watching now, watching back when Serena spend hours and hours looking for an elephant ornament that was practically under her nose? Or when Nicole wandered through Salem talking to no one but herself?  IMO, those Days were way worse than what we're watching now.  So if I suffered through that, I can handle what's currently onscreen.

Haha! Had totally forgotten. Still watching, if listlessly and full of resentment more often than not. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Your garden sounds so wonderful.  The blooms on dogwoods and crabapples......pretty much heaven.

Similar to what's happening in my northern California garden with regional variation.  

It's hard to find anything to top what's going on outside right now.

I'm watching, enjoying bits and pieces but ff'ding through a lot.  

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

It seems like Haley is hoping for some wonderful Salem man to rescue her. She probably could have got an employment visa for nurses, or her sister could have helped her out. She's been quite passive about her situation.

9 hours ago, katie9918 said:

Haley would then deserve what she should get in real life, a one-way ticket back to China with a small chance of getting back to the US the proper way.

Ron really should not mess with these kinds of stories. And if he insists on doing so, he really should do more research in order to make sure the audience knows what a struggle the path to US citizenship really is for illegal immigrants already in this country.

From what I can gather, Haley is just lazy. And we have too many of those people who were born here. HARD PASS.

9 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

What is so annoying about this story is why JJ and Trip are willing to sacrifice so much for her.  If Ron wanted to inject any realism in this story he could have had Haley pay somebody to marry her and that person absconded with the money without marrying her leaving her desperate for a groom. That has happened in real life.  This would require Ron to speak to Immigrants and do research. He lives in New York, so he has no excuse.  Ron probably thinks that Illegal immigrants are only of color. There are plenty of Russians, Polish and Irish ones too.  The media never talks about them..

I wish at least one writer would get one of these stories right.  A lot of people who are here illegally came here on legal visas and then overstayed their visa, or came here on one of the work visas, and didn't renew their paperwork.  They actually had a good opportunity with Haley because at one time due to a shortage of nurses in the USA, employment companies were bringing nurses over from other countries (I handled some of the paperwork).

We also had some tech people on temporary visas from Canada who wanted to stay after the project was done, but were denied.  They returned to Canada.

At least Jack is getting a storyline out of this that doesn't completely revolve around Jennifer.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, buffynut said:

That's true - what is going on now is much better than back then.  Still, nothing is really grabbing me and there's plenty that's working as a repellent.  My dear father was taken early from this earth from lung cancer.  It was a sad and painful decline for a vital, loving man.  It's for this reason that I have zero interest in watching any serious health problem stories on soaps.  I watch them for an escape, and if they don't offer that then I leave for awhile. 

This whole thing with Jack is also a missed opportunity.  Someone, somewhere should have been looking into where he's been, who had him, what did they do to him, etc.  It didn't have to be a major plot point, but a thin thread to keep people invested in his story apart from Eve (and even Jennifer).  I was hoping JJ would get that story so he'd have something to do besides wring his hands over Haley. 

2 hours ago, boes said:

Your garden sounds so wonderful.  The blooms on dogwoods and crabapples......pretty much heaven.

Similar to what's happening in my northern California garden with regional variation.  

It's hard to find anything to top what's going on outside right now.

I'm watching, enjoying bits and pieces but ff'ding through a lot.  

It is our little slice of paradise!  I bet yours is as well - northern CA is beautiful.  The yoshino cherry is going to be spectacular this year.  If our yard was just a little bit bigger I'd have more of them.  Yesterday I saw bumble bees for the first time this year, so I need to hustle to get more blooms out for the pollinators.

• Love 9

I didn't watch Days "back in the day" so seeing the old footage of Jack & Jennifer was great.  I GET them as a couple now.  Jen is very cute with Jack.  

Eric is fun when he wants to be. I want more fun Eric and less angsty Eric.  

Hope, is hopeless.  I just can't even with her.  You're the freaking police commisioner.  Yes you need your husband but this whining is beneath you. Ted is the snake in your garden.  

I want Rafe to raise David. 

Claire brings the crazy so very well.  Loved her scenes with Eve.  And I TOTALLY approve Eve coming up with a revenge plan for Ben.  Even if I think Ben has reformed, it never sit well with me that Eve was not out there trying to execute him on a daily basis.

I LIKE Haley and JJ.  The faux marriage to Tripp is a HUGE mistake.

Go Adrienne!  You waved that id pretty quick.  I'm guessing your license is expired and you are making a non-marriage.  

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

That's true - what is going on now is much better than back then.  Still, nothing is really grabbing me and there's plenty that's working as a repellent.  My dear father was taken early from this earth from lung cancer.  It was a sad and painful decline for a vital, loving man.  It's for this reason that I have zero interest in watching any serious health problem stories on soaps.  I watch them for an escape, and if they don't offer that then I leave for awhile. 

So sorry about your Dad. Hugs...

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

See that would've actually been better and would make Haley less unlikeable and unsympathetic than she already is. Course you're asking for effort this show is unwilling to put out. 

JJ at least is single  so while stupid isn't worse than Tripp who has a GF and is doing this. Claire is an idiot too for not dumping his ass but I digress.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I like Tripp but hopefully he can get far away from crazy eyes, Claire. I think he’s okay with Haley but she’s better with JJ. I’m not sure how this plays out and who ends up with whom but they’re very attractive “teens”. I’m guess they’re all in their late 20’s. My question is what the heck are they going to do with MBE? It doesn’t look like SN is coming back. He have to be killed again to free her up. Then when that’s done I have no idea who'd they pair her with. Who’s over 40 and not a family member? 

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I like Tripp but hopefully he can get far away from crazy eyes, Claire. I think he’s okay with Haley but she’s better with JJ. I’m not sure how this plays out and who ends up with whom but they’re very attractive “teens”. I’m guess they’re all in their late 20’s. My question is what the heck are they going to do with MBE? It doesn’t look like SN is coming back. He have to be killed again to free her up. Then when that’s done I have no idea who'd they pair her with. Who’s over 40 and not a family member? 

Abe but they won't go there. Justin but he's Adrienne's husband she wouldn't go there. They could always bring in a new guy for her. Or have Mike return to Salem and they get paired.

Kayla could also be a cougar she could have sexy times with some young stud.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, SueB said:

I want Rafe to raise David.

I was thinking the other day how strange it was that after all the years Rafe has been on Days, he doesn't have any kids.  It might be a nice change for his character to be a father.  He's not a great brother, or boyfriend, or husband, or cop.  Maybe fatherhood is something he'd be good at?

5 hours ago, buffynut said:

So sorry about your Dad. Hugs...

Thank you, buffynut.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, katie9918 said:

From what I can gather, Haley is just lazy.

I don't think she's lazy.  Going for citizenship via marriage isn't exactly less work.  I think she's scared and thinks marriage might be the surest path to staying here. I might not love the character but I don't blame her for being scared of being kicked out. She was brought to the US at a young age.  The decision was made for her by other people.  She doesn't even speak Chinese or even have relatives there so even if Salem isn't "legally" her home, it's where she grew up, was educated and worked.

She keeps talking about being grateful to Melinda for educating her but, in reality, Melinda failed her.  Melinda failed her by not trying to get her citizenship while Hayley was forming an identity as an American.  Melinda failed Hayley by not preparing her to live in China if that's where she was bound to end up.

• Love 14
15 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I was thinking the other day how strange it was that after all the years Rafe has been on Days, he doesn't have any kids.  It might be a nice change for his character to be a father.  He's not a great brother, or boyfriend, or husband, or cop.  Maybe fatherhood is something he'd be good at?

21 hours ago, buffynut said:

He kept trying to push EJ out of being a father to his own kids, starting with Grace (before anyone knew that Nicole switched the babies), then Johnny and Sydney and finally the second baby that Nicole was going to have with EJ before he died.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

Angst for RC new precious couple.

Yeah I doubt JJ/Haley are his precious couple Cin, Jarlena and probably Stabi soon enough are the only pairings I bet he cares about

Everyone else is filler which is what JJ/Haley are the lack of effort they put into this storyline is glaring.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I don't think she's lazy.  Going for citizenship via marriage isn't exactly less work.  I think she's scared and thinks marriage might be the surest path to staying here. I might not love the character but I don't blame her for being scared of being kicked out. She was brought to the US at a young age.  The decision was made for her by other people.  She doesn't even speak Chinese or even have relatives there so even if Salem isn't "legally" her home, it's where she grew up, was educated and worked.

She keeps talking about being grateful to Melinda for educating her but, in reality, Melinda failed her.  Melinda failed her by not trying to get her citizenship while Hayley was forming an identity as an American.  Melinda failed Hayley by not preparing her to live in China if that's where she was bound to end up.

I do because she was given options others didn't she had a relative who was a lawyer who could've helped her. JJ would've set her up with one but alas she declined. Hell she could've paid someone else to marry her instead she is marrying someone else's boyfriend and yet I'm supposed to find her sympathetic. I don't. 

Doesn't help that her backstory changes every few minutes. She was sent to Melinda after her parents died.. then she chose to go to the US for a better life I mean the lack of effort in this story is glaring to say the least.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, boes said:

I'd love to have Mike Horton back again.

There needs to be a Horton Patriarch again.

Doug isn't getting any younger sure there's Bill(and he would fit with Jennifer/JJ/Will around but they don't seem to care). Mickey's dead.

Mike could at least be a patriarch in training.

• Love 5
Just now, CanaryFan98 said:

I do because she was given options others didn't she had a relative who was a lawyer who could've helped her. JJ would've set her up with one but alas she declined. Hell she could've paid someone else to marry her instead she is marrying someone else's boyfriend and yet I'm supposed to find her sympathetic. I don't. 

Those are good critiques. But they make her stupid. I just don't see how they make her lazy.  The easiest route was probably marrying JJ.  There's no need to pretend they had a relationship or like one another.

Although, if Melinda were going to help her, she would have done it years ago. Melinda was politically ambitious and wanted to hide their relationship.  There's no way she would have stuck her neck out while running for mayor to help the sister whose existence she wanted to hide.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

Those are good critiques. But they make her stupid. I just don't see how they make her lazy.  The easiest route was probably marrying JJ.  There's no need to pretend they had a relationship or like one another.

Although, if Melinda were going to help her, she would have done it years ago. Melinda was politically ambitious and wanted to hide their relationship.  There's no way she would have stuck her neck out while running for mayor to help the sister whose existence she wanted to hide.

She's lazy because she doesn't do anything proactive she complains about her circumstances and has no problem dragging others into it but doesn't even attempt to do anything on her own. If she did and failed that would've gone a long way instead she's been the complete opposite.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 4/12/2019 at 11:41 PM, Frozendiva said:

How unusual that the ICE investigator wants to attend Tripp's and Haley's wedding. Unless Haley is the only undocumented alien in the area. And I don't think they are allowed to ask personal type questions without being in an office environment. I am probably wrong.

I can't believe you didn't realize that Haley is the most important and interesting person in Salem, second only to Ciara.  

I actually think it does make sense because Haley's #1 on Salem's Most Wanted list, she was all over the media for being in the US illegally and after only knowing them a couple of weeks, she's now going to marry someone else's boyfriend.  Of course ICE would be suspicious.

ORK's face when she watched Tripp and Haley kiss was beyond heart-breaking and  I really can not reiterate enough how much I dislike both Tripp and Haley--they are not the least bit sympathetic and I hope they both get caught and accused of fraud.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 10

Damn those romantic phrases from Ciara and Ben are so full of cliches.

Whoops, Adrienne got caught.

"that illegal"

Funny that "minister" didn't mention God during his wedding ceremony. But I wonder if he was actually hired by Adrienne to pretend to be a minister.

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I can't believe you didn't realize that Haley is the most important and interesting person in Salem, second only to Ciara.  

I actually think it does make sense because Haley's #1 on Salem's Most Wanted list, she was all over the media for being in the US illegally and after only knowing them a couple of weeks, she's now going to marry someone else's boyfriend.  Of course ICE would be suspicious.

ORK's face when she watched Tripp and Haley kiss was beyond heart-breaking and  I really can not reiterate enough how much I dislike both Tripp and Haley--they are not the least bit sympathetic and I hope they both get caught and accused of fraud.

I wonder where Claire will stay? Maybe with JJ he loves strays.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Well, I have to admit I was faked out by Claire's "dream"!  I was like, yikes Claire has gone off the deep end,  but at the end, her face was so sad & distressed, I think she will be plotting something else.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Sidney said:

Ben and Ciara are so boring. I dozed off twice watching their scenes. Claire is the only interesting thing on this show right now.

I was liking them at first but they've started to bore me recently it doesn't help that I'm sick of this silly who set the fire at the cabin story.

• Love 3

I think Show missed the boat with the Ben and Ciara scenes.  Show could have really spiced up those scenes and showcased their great love if Ciara was dressed for her "first time" with Ben wearing nothing but a neck tie.  Maybe even spelled out "Ollie" on the bed in rose petals.....

What can I say, I'm just a romantic at heart.

Haley said, after the ceremony, that before she met all these wonderful chumps - I mean, friends - she had gone to a "dark place".  Any chance she could go there again?  A locked cellar, bottom of an air shaft, the inside of Tripp's brain, all those are dark enough.

Anybody here ever got all worked up, all excited because a politician was getting married?  No?  Hmmmmm.........  

I guess all that's left is for Abe to marry Sheila while sky diving, that should bring in the votes on the other side.

And yet, still, nobody in Salem has the slightest interest in where Jack has been, what he's been through, none of that?  Has back from the dead and a little amnesia become so common in Salem that they also have gluten-free option?

• LOL 12
  • Love 3

I too was almost taken in by Claire's daydreaming fakeout. Especially when she lamented that Tripp would be arrested and face jail time and she would still not have him. Claire, you can do better for yourself.

I got tired of all the yelling in today's episode.

Don't really care about Haley at this time - she is a pretty girl but seems helpless and looks to be rescued. Nothing for me to really care about her. Tripp is a fool. JJ isn't much better. Of course, there aren't many single, eligible women in their 20s on the show.

Ben and Ciara were a bit dull.

Didn't care for the Eve/Jack yelling and the crowds being revved up by some stupid wedding. At least Jack is out of Jennifer's orbit for a bit.

• Love 3
Just now, boes said:

I think Show missed the boat with the Ben and Ciara scenes.  Show could have really spiced up those scenes and showcased their great love if Ciara was dressed for her "first time" with Ben wearing nothing but a neck tie.  Maybe even spelled out "Ollie" on the bed in rose petals.....

What can I say, I'm just a romantic at heart.

Haley said, after the ceremony, that before she met all these wonderful chumps - I mean, friends - she had gone to a "dark place".  Any chance she could go there again?  A locked cellar, bottom of an air shaft, the inside of Tripp's brain, all those are dark enough.

Anybody here ever got all worked up, all excited because a politician was getting married?  No?  Hmmmmm.........  

I guess all that's left is for Abe to marry Sheila while sky diving, that should bring in the votes on the other side.

And yet, still, nobody in Salem has the slightest interest in where Jack has been, what he's been through, none of that?  Has back from the dead and a little amnesia become so common in Salem that they also have gluten-free option?

The rose petals would be overkill.

We all go to dark places, Haley. Sometimes people visit the Abyss, and it's a whole lot darker than you have experienced in your being less than 25 years old. You like the drama, young lady. And yeah, you found some Salem chumps/chimps/chomps.

We have a provincial election tomorrow - people are more taken about one political party's possible crimes/election fraud than the personal life - oh wait, one of the candidates for Premier maybe still lives with his mother, or in his mother's nursing home, or something. It could be a dark day here if that party wins - another Trumpesque premier.

I find it odd that no one has bothered to read Jack's book or looked him up on a search engine. And also believe that he has amnesia. Or he is really back from the dead.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Ron keeps complaining about not having money to hire people yet this is the third or fourth political event?  We had debates, then announcements, rallies and then a public wedding. All with lots of extras to yell and scream.

So I gather Missy is going on vacation? I noticed she told JJ that she was going to visit Abby.  I wonder if that means the political story will go on the backburner too or will we have to continue to watch KDP and MA trying to make their thing work?

• Love 3

I fell for Claire's daydream fakeout too. I guess it was when they mentioned Tripp going to jail that I finally started to wonder.

Tripp is an idiot. Although I do think he really has feeling for Haley, and that is part of why he married her. But to be stringing Claire along like he is, is horrible.  And he's making me feel sorry for the girl who tried to burn her own aunt to death!

I'll admit, Cin was a tad boring yesterday. But I'd still rather watch their romance, than Eve & Jack.   And I can't figure out if Eve really cares for/loves Jack, or if she married him just to get back at Jennifer.  Maybe both. Either way, surely she knows eventually Jack will get him memory back, and go back to Jennifer.

• Love 5

Blech, what a stupid show this is right now. Why would anyone care if Jack married Eve, and why was Adrienne yelling like a banshee? The whole thing is ridiculous and it feels like the writers just got drunk and/or high and wrote these scenes just to troll us. 

@buffynut -- I believe Eve married Jack just to get back at Jennifer. The conversation they had afterwards was Eve's "I told you so" moment. And for some reason, she wants to be First Lady of Salem....

Yes, the only good thing yesterday was Claire, but I don't love watching a young girl descend into madness. I also loved JJ's mournful gazes and devotion to his mom, but those moments were fleeting. Now, with Jenn presumably off canvas for a while to visit Abby, I'm left with a married Jack and Eve by themselves? Again, blech.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

All with lots of extras to yell and scream.

There really aren't lots of extras though. There's like maybe 20 tops, but usually more like 10. That's a big reason why it all looks so stupid. We're really supposed to believe this election is some big thing when there's like 10 people attending the debate/rally. It's hilarious.

• Love 6

Yeah I turned off halfway cause the stupid yelling of Jack and Eve's superfans was grating and I really didn't want to watch the ridiculous wedding. Sadly, if it were Charlotte Ross I would be all over it

On 4/12/2019 at 7:33 PM, brisbydog said:

Can someone explain to me why Haley is fake marrying Tripp and not JJ?

Because JJ is talking happily ever after while basically being kinda creepy about it. Since she and Tripp have no romantic feelings for each other, it's easier to marry for a few years someone you don't have feelings for than worrying about the real deal JJ wants to make it. I think Haley likes JJ just not to the level that JJ is ALL. ABOUT. HER. They really did just meet a few months ago and he's talking devoting the rest of his life to her in a real marriage. Does JJ even know her birthday? I think Haley sees it as too much and too overwhelming how JJ is going about it. I can't really blame her cause for me, JJ comes off stalkerish about Haley and has since he rescued her. 

I find Haley's story boring overall but I can't fault Haley about the green card marriage as much as I do Tripp, who is the one who decided to propose and hurt Claire with this scheme (then again, Haley being dragged out by the police due to Claire tipping them off is somewhat karma for her). Personally, I wish Claire was secure enough in herself to tell Tripp to kick rocks but her insecurities are making her desperate to keep him despite Operation Rescue Haley. I blame Tripp much more than Haley in this storyline cause he took it upon himself to rescue her with a green card marriage. Sure, Haley didn't have to accept Tripp's proposal but I get why she did in desperation and even over JJ's proposal. It's less complicated emotionally with Tripp than JJ for her. Tripp's the one who thought to do this then ask his gf to hide their real relationship. Tripp should carry more fault about this wedding debacle & fallout than Haley IMO. 

4 hours ago, buffynut said:

I'll admit, Cin was a tad boring yesterday. But I'd still rather watch their romance, than Eve & Jack.   And I can't figure out if Eve really cares for/loves Jack, or if she married him just to get back at Jennifer.  Maybe both. Either way, surely she knows eventually Jack will get him memory back, and go back to Jennifer.

I enjoyed Ciara & Ben's scenes yesterday. Thought they were sweet as well as sexy. 

Eve isn't in love with Jack IMO. He's the weapon she uses to hurt Jen because she still wrongly blames Jen for Brady dumping her when it was Eve's own actions that caused Brady to call off the relationship. Eve is unwilling to accept that her choices contributed to how things ended with Brady and instead deflects all her anger on to Jen. It's like Eve is 16 instead of 50 emotionally. 

Edited by Chick2Chic
fixed something.
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

I was liking them at first but they've started to bore me recently it doesn't help that I'm sick of this silly who set the fire at the cabin story.

I want the revelation that Claire is the firestarter very VERY soon if only so viewers can move past that damn "who set the fire?" story. I'm beyond done any mention of it. I let out a big uuuuugggghhh when Eli started up on it last week. 

• Love 7

Finally, Queen Gabi graces us with her presence and superb manipulation of Stefan--CB and BB have definite chemistry and they are a joy to watch.

I also enjoy the little family of Gabi, Ari, Sonny and Will--there is so much history between them all and they play their worried/concerned subtext well.

I am baffled how Brady can buy into the belief that Chloe's life is threatened by the cartel but he disbelieved Theresa when she was forced to stay with the same cartel for two years.  I guess that's Brady for you :)

I loved how put out Kate was that neither Will nor Rex told her about Will's brain tumor.  Will is obviously trying to be lowkey about it and Rex can't violate doctor/patient confidentiality-- neither of which occurred to Kate.  And I hate it when the show has her being bitchy to other women, especially to a woman whose house she's a guest in., though Maggie shaded her pretty well with the begging for a job comment. 

• Love 11

Kate and Victor were so wonderful today and I want more of that please. They were so comfortable with each other today with so much rich history. Victor even brought up the creepy Will doll. Kate was a force back then. The Victor/Kate love story was divine and it went downhill after Sherry left. Maggie's nastiness towards Kate just pissed me off. I know that Kate has done some awful things over the years, but, she and Victor share a son, so they will always have a bond even if their son is a grown man. Get over yourself, Naggie!  That Horton self-righteousness reared it's ugly head today. 

I just love seeing Wilson and Gabi with their daughter, being a family.  One of the things that the show has done right.  I would love to see them expand their unconventional family, whether Gabi has a miracle baby with Stefan or Wilson has one via a surrogate.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 11
19 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Kate and Victor were so wonderful today and I want more of that please. They were so comfortable with each other today with so much rich history. Victor even brought up the creepy Will doll. Kate was a force back then. The Victor/Kate love story was divine and it went downhill after Sherry left. Maggie's nastiness towards Kate just pissed me off. I know that Kate has done some awful things over the years, but, she and Victor share a son, so they will always have a bond even if their son is a grown man. Get over yourself, Naggie!  That Horton self-righteousness reared it's ugly head today. 

I just love seeing Wilson and Gabi with their daughter, being a family.  One of the things that the show has done right.  I would love to see them expand their unconventional family, whether Gabi has a miracle baby with Stefan or Wilson has one via a surrogate.

I do agree that the scenes with Ari's parents were wonderfully done--the actors have such believable chemistry together--I don't understand why Maggie is getting called out for being rude to Kate when it was Kate who was rude and dismissive to Maggie while she begged for a job and please keep in mind that Kate did all this while being a guest in  Maggie's home.  And once Maggie realized Kate didn't know Will was having a healthy crisis, she treated Kate sympathetically.  When was the last time Kate was kind without something being in it for her?

• Love 11

Dammit Show, stop with the dreams.

Is that kitchen set the same one they used to use for Maggie's house before she married Victor?  The earliest episodes of Chandler as Will took place in that set.

Maggie's acting jealous.

Brandon and Nadia have so much chemistry.

Why didn't Parker get to go on the picnic?

Too bad Sarah didn't run across any photos of Serena amongst Eric's Africa photos.

Nice cliffhanger.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

If Gabi get pg with Stefan he would be so happy and then she would miscarry like Nicole did and Stefan would know then it was his fault.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

... [Kate] and Victor share a son, so they will always have a bond even if their son is a grown man.

Who is Kate and Victor's son? Wait, Phillip, lol. I forgot about him for a second.

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Why didn't Parker get to go on the picnic?

Chloe mentioned he was in school and that she thought about letting him miss the day to go but Stefan said he would fly a kite with him later.

I'm skipping anything related to Will's brain tumor so I missed most of this ep. I also can't with Eric/Sarah so I skipped all those scenes, too. I enjoyed what I did watch though. Gabi elevates any ep she's in for me.

• Love 4