Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, ByaNose said:

When you have Xander & Leo standing next to each other you really see how tall and short the actors are. Xander chest is huge. LOL!!! That said, I don’t think he’s that attractive. Different strokes.......

I don’t think he’s that attractive, either.  The hair is a mess and he needs to put on some clothes.  Ever since he showed up at the mansion, he’s been walking around without a shirt.  Then, I saw a picture for next week or whatever and he’s still without a shirt.  Like I said, I know this was shot in July two years ago, but I don’t know anyone who is walking around their house without a shirt in January.

Ron sure is pimping the hell out of this pairing on Twitter.  Getting fans all riled up.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, superdeluxe said:

I don’t think he’s that attractive, either.  The hair is a mess and he needs to put on some clothes.  Ever since he showed up at the mansion, he’s been walking around without a shirt.  Then, I saw a picture for next week or whatever and he’s still without a shirt.  Like I said, I know this was shot in July two years ago, but I don’t know anyone who is walking around their house without a shirt in January.

Ron sure is pimping the hell out of this pairing on Twitter.  Getting fans all riled up.

It's funny I saw a behind the scenes stuff (somewhere) about the Days pick up for another year. They showed the actor coming up the stairs and kind of suprised by the camera and the news. He seemed like such a nice guy that I sometimes forget this is all make beleive. LOL!!!!

• Love 2
7 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I can't think of any sibling (in a loving family, anyway) that would be objective if someone hurt their fellow siblings, friend or not. I realize Gabi did help JJ at a low point, but in the end, blood really is thicker. Abigail is JJ's sister. Seems natural he would have a bias.

Absolutely. I'd be pissed if my brother felt objective about it at all. 

5 hours ago, MsTree said:

Still not racist, IMO.  There are far more serious words to worry about than "senorita" or chili pepper.

I don't know that I'd call it "racist" but it's more than just Julie being colorful. She brings Gabi's nationality up in every conversation. I wouldn't like people throwing "Polack" at me every time they yell at me, either, lol. 

• Love 13
23 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

Absolutely. I'd be pissed if my brother felt objective about it at all. 

And you know Abigail would be, being that she's possibly the most self-absorbed character on the show, which is truly saying something.

I understand JJ standing by Abigail, but I think he should show more understanding about why Gabi did what she did at the same time. Everyone is still acting like Gabi is just an evil person who tried to hurt Abifail (typo, but I'm keeping it because it's great) for no reason. 

• Love 14
43 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

And you know Abigail would be, being that she's possibly the most self-absorbed character on the show, which is truly saying something.

I understand JJ standing by Abigail, but I think he should show more understanding about why Gabi did what she did at the same time. Everyone is still acting like Gabi is just an evil person who tried to hurt Abifail (typo, but I'm keeping it because it's great) for no reason. 

I think he's standing by Abigail in a big way now precisely because he did NOT earlier when Gabi was gaslighting everyone, but who knows. 

• Love 6

JJ always defends his sister and the things she done. Like sleeping with EJ and lying to Sami's face. Or setting Ben on fire. Or setting up another fire so that she could escape the mental hospital. Or faking her death. Or killing Andre. 

As I said, JJ is a nice guy and loves his sister, however the best thing for his character will be when Abby finally leaves Salem and stops sucking the attention and the oxygen out of the room.

• Love 18
6 minutes ago, nilyank said:

JJ always defends his sister and the things she done. Like sleeping with EJ and lying to Sami's face. Or setting Ben on fire. Or setting up another fire so that she could escape the mental hospital. Or faking her death. Or killing Andre. 

As I said, JJ is a nice guy and loves his sister, however the best thing for his character will be when Abby finally leaves Salem and stops sucking the attention and the oxygen out of the room.

Well, geez, Nilyank, when you put it like that.... : )

• Love 2
4 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

I don’t know anyone who is walking around their house without a shirt in January.

If I had a heated pool and a hot tub in my mansion, I'd be walking around in my trunks all winter too!

I dunno, like I said in the spoiler thread, Xander's shirtlesness works for me in a way that, for example, the constant deshirting the Fords were doing on OLTL epically DID NOT because...I dunno, I feel like he uses it as a power thing, it's a tactic to put people off their balance, I think. 

His hair does need a trim, though.

And speaking of Twitter, the actor who plays Xander is super fun on there, he always just seems tickled by the stuff he gets to do as Xander and has a good sense of humor.

• Love 7

I love me some JJ and always have, so I'm happy he's getting some story of his own after what feels like a long dry spell.

I thought JJ acted in character when he and Gabi were having their discussion yesterday with him taking her down a  peg or 10 about the Abigail thing.  While I get what Gabi did - her motivations, etc., JJ is always going to stand by his sister, for one because a big part of his code is standing by his family, and because, IMO, the Deveraux dynamic, especially with Jenn these past years, has been that Abigail is Number One Child and JJ is a far second, always has been since he returned to Salem from school in England.  Jenn has been "buddies" with Abigail, defended her when she was indefensible, championed her when she was doing crappy things to people, but JJ didn't get anywhere near that same response.  IMO.  JJ knows he's chopped liver in that family compared to Abigail, who must always be backed up and supported no matter what.  And it doesn't hurt that what Gabi did to Abigail was objectively pretty awful.  

I'm not saying that Abigail didn't do pretty much the same to Gabi and the "I wasn't in my right mind" doesn't cut it with me, and it doesn't change that I rooted for Gabi to take that obnoxious, selfish, self-centered ass of a character down a notch or two, just that JJ pretty much can't not defend Abigail - it's the house rule if you're a Deveraux/Horton, especially if you're him.

Also, JJ wasn't harsh or being an asshole to Gabi, he was being honest with her.  In the long run, I think those two will be okay.

Abigail, on the other hand, will never think of JJ before herself but will always expect him to do exactly that with her.

• Love 22
48 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And speaking of Twitter, the actor who plays Xander is super fun on there, he always just seems tickled by the stuff he gets to do as Xander and has a good sense of humor.

Paul is quite a character himself, I have enjoyed a few things he's been in. I was actually surprised to see him turn up on Days because I first was introduced to him way back in the early 2000s but hadn't seen him in anything in a long time. 

I think he's a good actor, quite underused on Days actually because he can do a lot with drama and humor if given the opportunity. But Ron loves hot man bod being on display more than he seems to want to make a multi layered character with depth to them. 

What could have been really fun was if it turned out that Xander and Leo were actually in cahoots with one another this whole time. They both have such a loose moral code that they'd make one heck of a partnership, and it wouldn't need to be all about boring ass Wilson and their puppy love neediness. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, boes said:

I love me some JJ and always have, so I'm happy he's getting some story of his own after what feels like a long dry spell.

I thought JJ acted in character when he and Gabi were having their discussion yesterday with him taking her down a  peg or 10 about the Abigail thing.  While I get what Gabi did - her motivations, etc., JJ is always going to stand by his sister, for one because a big part of his code is standing by his family, and because, IMO, the Deveraux dynamic, especially with Jenn these past years, has been that Abigail is Number One Child and JJ is a far second, always has been since he returned to Salem from school in England.  Jenn has been "buddies" with Abigail, defended her when she was indefensible, championed her when she was doing crappy things to people, but JJ didn't get anywhere near that same response.  IMO.  JJ knows he's chopped liver in that family compared to Abigail, who must always be backed up and supported no matter what.  And it doesn't hurt that what Gabi did to Abigail was objectively pretty awful.  

I'm not saying that Abigail didn't do pretty much the same to Gabi and the "I wasn't in my right mind" doesn't cut it with me, and it doesn't change that I rooted for Gabi to take that obnoxious, selfish, self-centered ass of a character down a notch or two, just that JJ pretty much can't not defend Abigail - it's the house rule if you're a Deveraux/Horton, especially if you're him.

Also, JJ wasn't harsh or being an asshole to Gabi, he was being honest with her.  In the long run, I think those two will be okay.

Abigail, on the other hand, will never think of JJ before herself but will always expect him to do exactly that with her.

I feel like when JJ finds the one it will be sister who.

• Love 2

So Eve is tired of losing/wants to win because she...lost Brady (and didn't she dump him in the end?) and her business (which, have we even heard her talk about it since the days of that dumb magazine contest with Ciara and Claire) and that apparently was "everything"?  Hey Eve, how about your relationship with your little sister, which you trashed by implying her stint as a Mexican sex slave was a vacation and then you tried to rip her child away from her?  Or, you know, the death of your only daughter?

Julie rolling her eyes at Chloe's perfectly reasonable request that she treat her like an equal business partner and not close the restaurant down for a Chad/Abby stan mission on a night it's booked close to capacity is Julie in a nutshell.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

For me personally I find "loyalty" and "right/wrong" to be two completely separate concepts that aren't mutually inclusive.  I don't think anyone watching the show expected JJ to side with Gabby, but what I would of liked to have seen and actually think would of suited the character was an attempt at empathy from JJ.  For example, when Gabby was sort of explaining her reasoning and she was listing the things Abby did to her, JJ immediately jumped in with "she was sick".  I would of liked to have seen JJ take a second and actually think about what happened to Gabby, and how Abby "being sick" absolves her of intention, but not of her actions.  Ironically the one person who has heard Gabby was Abby.

3 hours ago, SnowLynx said:

I don't think Julie is a racist either. People blows this out of proportion. Senorita or chili pepper has no association to derogatory and racist terms whatsoever. Yeah sure Julie doesn't mean it in an affectionate way, but words like "honey" or "sweetheart" is used in a sarcastic and non-affectionate way irl frequently.

Well, it's actually called coded language.  Can I say Julie is racist? No, but Julie does have a history of bigotry in her past.  While I like to think that is behind her and we aren't going to get an episode of Julie founding the local chapter of the KKK, the reality is that language and intention do matter.  Just using your examples above if a married man says good morning sweetheart to his partner, a very nice sweet moment.  Take a separate man and woman who are screaming at each other and the man says "Listen here sweetheart", completely different connotation and intention.

When you take words and use them in a derogatory manner, it becomes a derogatory statement to the receiver. 

Edited by JBC344
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

For me personally I find "loyalty" and "right/wrong" to be two completely separate concepts that aren't mutually exclusive.  I don't think anyone watching the show expected JJ to side with Gabby, but what I would of liked to have seen and actually think would of suited the character was an attempt at empathy from JJ.  For example, when Gabby was sort of explaining her reasoning and she was listing the things Abby did to her, JJ immediately jumped in with "she was sick".  I would of liked to have seen JJ take a second and actually think about what happened to Gabby, and how Abby "being sick" absolves her of intention, but not of her actions.  Ironically the one person who has heard Gabby was Abby.

Well, it's actually called coded language.  Can I say Julie is racist? No, but Julie does have a history of bigotry in her past.  While I like to think that is behind her and we aren't going to get an episode of Julie founding the local chapter of the KKK, the reality is that language and intention do matter.  Just using your examples above if a married man says good morning sweetheart to his partner, a very nice sweet moment.  Take a separate man and woman who are screaming at each other and the man says "Listen here sweetheart", completely different connotation and intention.

When you take words and use them in a derogatory manner, it becomes a derogatory statement to the receiver. 

Great post! You're right - coded language. 

• Love 1

Eve is hot for revenge at Jen for ruining her relationship and mad at Brady for dumping her. Meanwhile her daughters killer walks free and is taking cute girls on motorcycle rides around town 😤 GMAFB  

I’ve had about enough of Haley. She’s always flying off the handle about something or hitting the panic button. 

The thirst is real, Brady. He’s constantly all over Chloe, then he practically blurted to Eve he loved her. And Sarah is half in love with Eric. Not only is he easy pickins since he’s vulnerable and confused but he’s hung up on Nicole. She looked out of pocket stepping up to Chloe. 

Chad needs to stop being pushy and let Jar Jar have her way. Or start a relationship with another woman and Abby will change her tune. She can’t resist a married or engaged man. 

Julie’s makeup and jewelry looked nice but her jacket was a miss. She made a very valid argument to Abby about all she’s done for the ingrate. 

Julie doesn’t respect Chloe at all. 

This DA was being a dumbass. She fixed her mouth to say she should have the right to prosecute Gabi for her crimes against Abigail and one reason why Abby should help that is since she falsely imprisoned Gabi in the past... 🤔 fucked up logic here let’s throw Gabi in jail for bad shit she did currently because she was wrongly accused and convicted before?  

• Love 8

Why is Melinda so obsessed about railroading Gabi but doesn't care to prosecute the murderer Abigail?

Why is Abigail wrapping a package?

Abigail's outfit is fugly as heck.

Edited by Silver Raven
previously.tv keeps doubling up my posts
  • Love 8

Holly is adorable. 

Eric got a nice haircut and it was nice to see that beautiful smile. 

Maggie uses an elliptical?

Sarahs hair looks cute curly.  She is a lot more enjoyable when she isn’t screaming. 

Please don’t let Brady be jealous.  Glad he finally went to see Tate.  

• Love 5

As much as I love Billy Flynn and have mostly liked Chad, I'm beyond sick of seeing him onscreen these days.  The charm he's generally had is mostly absent, replaced by a stunning amount of arrogance.  And I have less than zero empathy for him reuniting with that horror of a wife of his.  I hope this dinner is a roaring success and they both retreat to live in the Dimera tunnels with Julie as the gatekeeper, only to be seen on Halloween episodes.  

If Show was going to build up a secondary character I sure wish they'd gone with Ann Millbauer and not D.A. Trask.  She's about as charming as Julie and not half as smart.

Awwww, so sad that Brady is missing milestones in Tate's life, especially when all he wanted for Theresa was to never get to see her son again.  What a prince.  Too bad El Fideo didn't have a burning desire for a slice of overbaked ham, then he would have kidnapped Brady.

Eve, if you want to keep track of Jack either have him fitted with a microchip or get one of those stun collars because otherwise, that's one dog who is gonna roam!  

• Love 14

Julie, a nice romantic dinner for Chad and Abs is just that. They have some very big problems with their relationship to work out. Not going to be as easy as some wine and food. They need to decide if they can remain as a couple and reunite. A new baby is just a distraction for a bad relationship.

Ann Millbauer is more interesting than Trask. Trask is one-note. Maybe she should date Stefan!

Chloe, what gives you the right to go to Eric's to get Holly back? Maggie chose for Eric to spend some time with her.

Eve, you will need to put a GPS or collar on Jack so he doesn't wander off from your clutches.

• Love 3

Woe is you, Ben, woe is you. People are just gonna think the worst of you, are they?  Dude, you kidnapped a woman only a short time ago.  It's not like your crimes are in the ancient past.

And of course Chad is making a mistake by firing you because he'd like to have a future with his ex while the only reason you were going to quit the job with Stefan and want a job with Chad is because you want a future with Ciara.  So of course Chad should sacrifice an opportunity to be with the mother of his children* so you can keep dating.

• Love 6

I know that Ron's arrogance and pride is a big reason why he's determined to "redeem" Ben and make him front and center on the show, the same way he shoehorned Franco over on GH, but why doesn't he just change the past?

He used to have a sick love affair with masks for a good while, why not just have the real serial killer be someone wearing a Ben face mask, maybe his ass-hat of a father who wanted the pleasure of killing while also manipulating his mentally ill son. 

It just makes absolutely no sense to me when he wants to write a heartless serial killer as the show's new hero in waiting whenever it suits him. If you like the actor so much just recast him as someone else, make him a twin, make him a doppelganger, anything, but don't write out a character performing the most heinous acts imaginable and then expect the audience to forgive and forget in two seconds, or ever. 

Chad, shut up. Just. Shut. Up. 

Brady, can you just try and be likable for five whole minutes? Can you do that?

I usually hate it when they rapid age up a baby, but honestly I want Holly to morph suddenly into a teenager who can tell Chloe to kick rocks and she wants to be with her dad, Eric, and not her.

• Love 7

I think Billy Flynn is gorgeous but agree the character of Chad has about run its course and I don’t really give a shit if he reunites with Abby or not. I mean fine do so and move to Montana for all I care. The show is really picking up and getting interesting so the more free air time and budget, the better. 

Ben’s flat effect in his tiff with Ciara lost me. He reacted she told him she couldn’t substitute the tomatoes for avocado, unfortunately there’s an extra charge.

If he’s going to lie to her to get her and commit crimes to keep her imagine what he’ll do when they are serious and have real conflicts? 

Does Abby have to be a “well, actually” bitch in every conversation she’s ever had? I mean I kinda agreed with her today but she’s so damn smug and irritated constantly. 

Kate was so cute yesterday. The actress is so adorable in rl and her and Kassie/Eve are insanely kind. Kassie has paid for many peoples educations and I saw on an interview on soap net where she cooked for the crew.  

• Love 5

I'm annoyed whenever Sarah talks about being Holly's aunt. Yes, I know biologically this is true, but she had no relationship with Daniel and doesn't seem to have much, if any, relationship with Holly. While I liked this storyline in the beginning, I hope Eric's decision is to just give the child to Chloe, so Chloe can ship  Holly to New York never to be seen again until she is a hell raising 17 year old sometime in 3 weeks.

While I love Kassie as a person and Blair Cramer Manning was one of my favorite characters on One Life to Live, I hope this Jack storyline is the beginning of her exit. Ron is such a weird writer to me because it's obvious that he wants the Eve character to work, but he undermines the only ties she has to canvas by ending her friendship with Chloe and relationship with Brady. I wasn't even a fan of either of these relationships, but it was the only relationships Eve had to give her some perspective and humanize her, and quite frankly, they were her only ties to the canvas. Eve just feels so pointless on canvas and bringing Jack back from the dead for the (how many times is it now?) dead is doing the opposite of making her a compelling character. Although, I did honestly have hope that it would.

I used to be such a huge Chabby fan. Now, I don't care want happens to them. Is the show going out of its way to make sure Kate Mansi and Billy Flynn share as few scenes as possible. I ask because Abby seemed completely pointless to today's episode. Was this a contract obligation episode or did they really need to fill time with the pointless Melinda scene and then the pointless Julie scene? Also, if Abby is so angry with Jennifer, why is she staying in Jennifer's house?

I hope next week has more excitement as this week has been rather lackluster.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Chloe, what gives you the right to go to Eric's to get Holly back? Maggie chose for Eric to spend some time with her.

Maggie did not choose this.  Sara simply took Holly and left a note.  Chloe was willing to let Eric spend time with Holly but to do so behind her back was a kind of dirty move.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Sonoma said:

NOT okay and people have a right to question whether or not you are racist when you do shit like that. 

So she called her a bitch today...is that better?

8 hours ago, Sonoma said:

As a Latina, if someone called me "Senorita"

Doesn't that translate to "Miss"?

1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

Woe is you, Ben, woe is you. People are just gonna think the worst of you, are they?  Dude, you kidnapped a woman only a short time ago.  It's not like your crimes are in the ancient past.

And of course Chad is making a mistake by firing you because he'd like to have a future with his ex while the only reason you were going to quit the job with Stefan and want a job with Chad is because you want a future with Ciara.  So of course Chad should sacrifice an opportunity to be with the mother of his children* so you can keep dating.

I just realized that while I watched the whole show, I immediately forgot the Ben/Ciara scenes as if they never happened.  Apparently that's exactly how little I care, and how impossible it's ever going to be for me to give a shit about a "redeemed" serial killer or Ciara while she's in this ratassed storyline.

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, Sonoma said:

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or genuine so giving the benefit of the doubt and responding.

1) Actually, calling someone a bitch in my work environment will get them written up or termed same as someone calling a person of Latino descent "Chiquita Banana", "Chili Pepper", or "Senorita" in a hostile manner. They're both insults within the context Julie is using them. So the answer is no.

2) Interpreting or translating is not a word-for-word process. It's a meaning-for-meaning process. Context and tone is part of the meaning-for-meaning process. Within the context Julie is using the term, it's not a simple nor nice interpretation. It's loaded with insult. Why can't she just say "Miss"? Why does she need to bring Gabi's ethnicity into it? Is Julie calling anyone else on the show who is not Latina "Senorita" when she's telling them off? No, she's not. Replace Gabi with Lani. Picture Julie in an argument or feud with Lani. Now imagine her referring to Lani as "homegirl" or "sis" as she is in an argument with her or talking down to her. It would also be completely inappropriate. Although I could totally see that flying over these ignorant writers' heads and it wouldn't shocked me if it happened.

Did Sarah really just up and walk away with Holly without Chloe's permission? And then gave Chloe attitude when she called her out on it? Am I supposed to be rooting for this character?

Thank you, excellent post, Sonoma.

• Love 11
24 minutes ago, Sonoma said:

1) Actually, calling someone a bitch in my work environment will get them written up or termed same as someone calling a person of Latino descent "Chiquita Banana", "Chili Pepper", or "Senorita" in a hostile manner. They're both insults within the context Julie is using them. So the answer is no.

2) Interpreting or translating is not a word-for-word process. It's a meaning-for-meaning process. Context and tone is part of the meaning-for-meaning process. Within the context Julie is using the term, it's not a simple nor nice interpretation. It's loaded with insult. Why can't she just say "Miss"? Why does she need to bring Gabi's ethnicity into it? Is Julie calling anyone else on the show who is not Latina "Senorita" when she's telling them off? No, she's not. No, she's not. Replace Gabi with Lani. Picture Julie in an argument or feud with Lani. Now imagine her referring to Lani as "homegirl" or "sis" as she is in an argument with her or talking down to her. It would also be completely inappropriate. Although I could totally see that flying over these ignorant writers' heads and it wouldn't shocked me if it happened.

Understand your point, but you're missing mine. These days (NPI) people are so damn sensitive, getting riled up over stupid words said in anger, and calling it racist when it is IMO akin to calling someone an asshole. For sure, it's not nice, but all types of demeaning words are not nice. So, okay, senorita is Spanish and Julie says it in a negative context. I just think the uproar is way beyond the word, because when folks get upset over stuff like that, equating it to the "n" word or "s" word (and all the other hateful words), it just diminishes those words when you lump it all together.

Edited by MsTree
  • Love 1

Julie has been doing this for a few weeks now, even before she learned the truth about Gabi.  When she says, chica, or senorita, re or to Gabi, it is definitely racist.  Why else would she use those words, laced with the venom she spits from her mouth?  

When someone who likes you says, senorita, it is a very different thing.

I think this stuff is pretty easy to figure out.

Edited by bannana
duplicated paragraphs
  • Love 16
On ‎2019‎-‎01‎-‎08 at 8:16 PM, Happytobehere said:

It also would have given us more of the amazing SSH. Like, love, hate , or feel ambivalent about the character, you cannot deny the woman’s talent.

Oh, yes, I can. I find her a lazy, predictable performer who constantly comes off as just about as fake as the sets.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Oh, yes, I can. I find her a lazy, predictable performer who constantly comes off as just about as fake as the sets.

Agreed.  There was a certain chandelier on another soap, and a park bench on yet another that had more range.

Though she might have an edge with the volume.

Edited by boes
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Yes I'll add loud and annoying. Most of the time I find her OTT and sort of like what comedy skits show soap actors as.  A lot of my dislike of the character stems from how SSH portrays her.

• Love 1
On ‎2019‎-‎01‎-‎09 at 1:55 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Girl, don't loudly discuss your scheme on the phone in the home you share with the targets of said scheme!

This rule feels like it should be in the current volume of Basic Soap Scheming for Wannabe Vixens and Junior Blackmailers 101, but overhearing stuff on the phone is, after all, how plots get moved along in Daytime Land. (Raise your hand if you remember when the wrong people used to pick up the extension in the den!)

• Love 9
On ‎2019‎-‎01‎-‎09 at 6:36 PM, AnswersWanted said:

Why don't they just dress Will up like a priest and have Sonny visit him for "confession".

Well, if they wanted to make some viewers' (I mean of the "this show is pushing the gay agenda" kind) heads explode ... Oy.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, MsTree said:

So she called her a bitch today...is that better?

Doesn't that translate to "Miss"?

Actually it is better, the word bitch is a non descript insult. It also isn't connected to someone's ethnicity.

I understand your point about people being too PC, but I don't think that point applies here. 

Also use of the n word isn't the only barometer for racist behavior.

Simply put when you take "ethnic" words, from an ethnicity or race not your own and use them in a derogatory manner towards someone of that race/ethnicity, then you are exhibiting bigotry and racist behavior. 

• Love 11
59 minutes ago, Sandman said:

This rule feels like it should be in the current volume of Basic Soap Scheming for Wannabe Vixens and Junior Blackmailers 101, but overhearing stuff on the phone is, after all, how plots get moved along in Daytime Land. (Raise your hand if you remember when the wrong people used to pick up the extension in the den!)

One of the UK soaps, "Coronation Street", actually did a very modern version of the Overhearing A Conversation trope last year.  This dude was cheating on his girlfriend and was texting his lover about almost being caught, that he missed being with her, yadda yadda.  But what he didn't realize was that his tablet was synced up to his TV so his girlfriend saw these texts pop up on the screen and that's how she found out.  It was pretty clever, I thought.

And then, she kicked the TV!

giphy.gif&key=2373437c2561004504fc7735fa

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

One of the UK soaps, "Coronation Street", actually did a very modern version of the Overhearing A Conversation trope last year.  This dude was cheating on his girlfriend and was texting his lover about almost being caught, that he missed being with her, yadda yadda.  But what he didn't realize was that his tablet was synced up to his TV so his girlfriend saw these texts pop up on the screen and that's how she found out.  It was pretty clever, I thought.

Lol, this is how Gwen Stefani caught Gavin Rosdale cheating on her with their nanny.  Worse is that it came through on the kids Ipads.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Who was the character who kicked the tv? And was that Leeann with her?

• Love 2

Okay, some begrudging points to Chad for arranging a family dinner for Abigail and the Devereaux fam versus a romantic dinner just the two of them.  A family dinner Abigail did her best to ruin.  This bitch.  I get that she feels betrayed, but she seemed to be saying they had better not question her behavior ever again.  Listen, lady, Gabi may have been framing you before, but you still have a mental illness you haven't been recovered from for A FULL YEAR YET and the only treatment you got was A VACAY WITH GRANDMA and you are responsible for two small children, I don't think it's that outrageous for Jennifer and JJ to keep an eye on how you're acting.  That's what families do.  If your mom or your brother can't call you on your crap, who can!  UGH!

Hi Rex!  Sick of Gigi Mimi already?  Come sit by me, buddy.

• Love 15

I Loved today's episode!  Matt Ashford brought me to tears with his facial expressions as he learned things about his family.  That dinner scene with the 4 of them was delightful when they were discussing their trip to London & the Shakespeare play.  Missy Reeves & Matt Ashford at the end as they talked and recited the same lines was just beautiful.  I am intrigued with the character of Haley & what her secret is, the young actress is quite good.  And Maggie & Brady sitting and talking was really good too...it seemed real.  So, all around, I really enjoyed today's show.

• Love 15
34 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I Loved today's episode!  Matt Ashford brought me to tears with his facial expressions as he learned things about his family.  That dinner scene with the 4 of them was delightful when they were discussing their trip to London & the Shakespeare play.  Missy Reeves & Matt Ashford at the end as they talked and recited the same lines was just beautiful.  I am intrigued with the character of Haley & what her secret is, the young actress is quite good.  And Maggie & Brady sitting and talking was really good too...it seemed real.  So, all around, I really enjoyed today's show.

Still 'working' but will watch soon -- I'm glad to have this positive preview! We really needed some Jack around here, I think : )

• Love 5

Wow, Chloe, no need to be nasty.

Yay for Maggie not putting up with Brady's bullshit.

Hey, Abigail, good for you for pushing your family away.  Pretty soon there will be nobody in town putting up with your crap.

TV Trope: Any time a new couple is cooking together they will spill food on each other.

Parker is with Victor?  That can't be a good thing.

Whose hearts has JJ broken?

What sort of plans is Trask making?

Edited by Silver Raven
Double posting again.
  • Love 6
51 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Wow, Chloe, no need to be nasty.

Yay for Maggie not putting up with Brady's bullshit.

Hey, Abigail, good for you for pushing your family away.  Pretty soon there will be nobody in town putting up with your crap.

TV Trope: Any time a new couple is cooking together they will spill food on each other.

Parker is with Victor?  That can't be a good thing.

Whose hearts has JJ broken?

What sort of plans is Trask making?

Gabi when he cheated on her with Lani.

Paige when he cheated on her with Eve.

54 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

So Eric back down from custody, but had Nicole left Holly with Victor, Jr. no way would he have ever back down.  

Since the bastard despise Eric so much why did he save his life?

• Love 2

Eve makes 16 year old Sami look mature. Goodness gracious. She's an attractive woman physically but is also proof-positive how someone's whiny personality can kill any objective appraisal of her beauty.

Why is Ciara surprised that Ben tried to break her and Tripp up. Duh, he's a former serial killer. This is actually low on his list of indiscretions. The former I can forgive. The latter, not so much.

• Love 4