Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

The Gala might look like a C story, but Marlena and Roman are gonna be there.  Since Hope is organising this thing, the Hortons like Maggie and Jen are sure to attend too.  The Gala is to raise money for the school that has an affiliation with St. Luke's.  I think it's going to end up being like the opening of the HTS.

Kellinator, I'm not sure who I want to see get embarrassed more-Jennifer or Abby.  Sometimes I think Abby is worse than  Jen but looking at last Tuesday, Jen is up her daughter's ass basically, propagating the idea that Abby is perfect.

One would think Abby was a Saint for dealing with Sami the way Jennifer went on.  Imagine her face when she sees the sex faces Abby makes with EJ.  Not for the first time I've wished that the shower at the gym had waterproof cameras.

I will just pray Kate had been watching EJabby for a while so they can show Abby in the conference room begging to be EJ's mistress.  They'd better have video at this thing.

• Love 1

The more Abigail talks the less I feel sorry for what's going to happen to her.

Even if this was happening to Nicole, I might feel kind of bad (well, maybe not really, but more so for Nicole than for Abigail), but for Abigail I feel nothing.

If I actually thought the writers knew what they were doing I would say they were making Abby extremely unlikeable on purpose so her downfall would be even greater.

(edited)

I think Jennifer's praise for Abigail being the maid of honor is dumb (and extreme), but overall I do think Jennifer is somewhat better than Abigail in that in doesn't seem like she seeks out validation that she's a good person. I also can't blame Jennifer for not suspecting that Abigail was capable of having an affair because of the way Abigail goes on about everybody else's honesty (or lack of it). Who would suspect their daughter of  explicitly begging a man to be his mistress on a conference room table? I do think Jennifer should have noticed that sometimes Abigail acts like a nervous wreck when she's dreaming of sex with EJ, however.

Edited to add:

Oh wait, I just remembered the Austin situation. Jennifer should remember that. But I guess Abigail is so into reaming others out, I could see how Jennifer might assume that Abigail wants to live up to the standards she expects everybody else to live up to.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1
(edited)

The thing I wonder about the writers is: do they really think woman viewers find women like Abigail to be relatable?   Normal women make mistakes in every day life and they own them.  Abigail blames others for her mistakes and tries to rationalise them.  Like with EJ:' it's not bad because he's not married,' etc.

This is the same audience that used to root for Sami when she wasn't portrayed as a heroine. Most people could relate to being anti-Carrie because they put her on such a pedestal.   One would think they would try the same formula they did with Sami with someone like Theresa instead of shoving Abby to the front.

There does seem to be a backlash on Facebook with Jennifer so I can only hope that it's coming with Abby. 

Maybe the writers are hoping that Abby will become more interesting if she has more flaws.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 1
Ben seems too good for Abigail, even with whatever might  be in his past.

Everybody is too good for Abigail.  I can't think of one single person who deserves to be stuck with her.  What a lifetime of hell that would be.

• Love 2

It's my own fault for FFing Hope and Aiden (I like Daniel Cosgrove, but this storyline is just so boring), but have they said when the gala is? I hadn't considered that factoring into Kami's schemes. We know the wedding is "today" (in Salem time), the boardroom meeting is "tomorrow," so when is the gala? If it's taking place tomorrow night, after the board meeting is over earlier that day, I guess that would make sense.

So neither of Sami's raggedy parents are going to her wedding. Neither is Eric even though I'm sure Sami would have attended his wedding to trashbag Asscole even though they hate each other. And then there's Brady. He's definitely not in a position to judge since he claimed to be in love with Kristen. So basically Sami's family can't even bother to pretend to be supportive for an hour. The damn Dimeria's are more supportive than this.

• Love 2

I see the problem between Hope and Aidan, they're both too damn serious. None of them have a fun side to them. Hope is forever in "My Cop Voice" mode, she never lets loose or barely cracks a smile. Aidan is just dull on his own and barely smiles himself or looks like he ever wants to have fun. Except being so wired about this gala like a high school girl getting her first car. They're both at fault for not creating any chemistry between them. Aidan had more chemistry with Jenn & Kayla with the few short scenes he shared with them. Hope and Aidan just come off too forced and they most of the time act like they can't stand to be in the same room together even when being civil towards each other.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think KM's acting choices have probably taken Abigail in another direction than the writers intended. Compared to the writing Nicole and Sami, and, well, pretty much every other female on this show gets, I think KM gets decent writing for her character.  Her character has never done anything too embarrassingly outlandish, like having to look up to the sky and challenge God.

Yet...

Somehow Abigail manages to be more annoying than Nicole and Sami clawing each other's eyes out in the Salem pub in their nightclub wear.

Therefore, I feel the character of Abigail tends to get decent writing comparatively speaking because she has never had to lose her dignity in such a spectacular fashion, but KM doesn't really make her character seem like the less weird character she actually is. Somehow she manages to make Abigail as annoying as possible and make me hope someone might cut her hair in her sleep.

People say that compared to what Sami and what other characters have done, Abigail isn't that bad. Which is true when you make a list. So if we go by that logic I'd have to say KM gets the  writing to shine within the parameters of the kind of character Abigail is alleged to be.. Yet somehow she can't do anything with it to make Abigail's comparatively lesser  sins seem compelling.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

What I think KM is doing in her interviews is telling people a character she wish she was portraying or she's under the delusion that she's playing another character on another soap. Everything she says just doesn't match up to what's on screen so either she's fantasizing about all this in her brain, reading the script all kinds of wrong, a big troller (that better not be it or she'll regret that), or she's just an idiot.

• Love 2

Luckily Sami will probably be gone by the time Eric and Brady get married because they don't deserve to have her there. Look at the Hortons with Nick. He was sometimes a terrible person, but at least they would defend him and say 'family is family' even though they took it too far at times. I can only think that they're trying to show that Marlena's family is fractured or that Abby really does need to be present for poor Sami whose family can't even be there for her. I don't think Sami cares, but her family doesn't know it's fake.

With KM, I think she doesn't see her character as some of us see her. She wants her character to be perfect like Abigail wants to be. Instead of owning the characters bad choices, she blames them on the DiMera Power and Stockholm Syndrome. I think KM and Abby are very similar. They like to speak for others for one. There was also a DR interview where KM said that they dropped the baby story and the tone of it was almost that she was disappointed or had a chip on her shoulder about people still asking if Abby was pregnant. I laughed when I read it cos it reminded me of how Abby was disappointed to not be pregnant with EJ's baby. I just think KM got excited about being paired with JS because of the increased exposure instead of languishing with Chad and Cameron. But any hopes that it would become the next big thing was scuppered by JS deciding to leave. TPTB seem to be wooing her to stay since they upped her episode guarantee, but I think she will still choose to leave since she's left with recasted Ben and recasted Chad and since MB seems to already be back.

• Love 2

Congratulations Kate, you have just told Jordan and Ben's abuser where they live.  Just so you get back with Rafe.  I hope you are happy.

Note: this storyline is still boring and I don't care about the characters.  I just think Kate made things 1000 times worse.

• Love 1

That creepy music again with Eve, already sick of hearing it. Eve is just being a little too over the top for me to like her. I thought I would but forget it, I hate her and want her dead just like AssCole. Eve is no better than Theresa.

“You want answers?” Really Aidan?? The two of you aren't even dating unless I missed something. He's acting like he was gonna tell her then he stops and doesn't want to talk about it. Hope doesn't deserve any answers and doesn't need to be asking about Chase's mom unless she and Aidan are in a relationship.

Goodness Jenn, why the fuck you tell JJ this during his graduation? This bitch forever piles on bad news at the wrong time. I knew it, I called it I knew Jenn was gonna call Aidan to become her attorney or give legal advice in all this crap. Jenn please you're just as bad as Eve, sick of Jenn and her judgmental ass. I knew she was also go blab to Hope and Dan and his hairy ass will be next.

Dan grow a damn pair. How dare anyone question his character? He's so upstanding and righteous and great. SMDH. Yes Aidan, let's talk to Dan about The Perils of Jenn.

Tammy Sue how countrified to the tune of funkdified and I'm still bored with all this nonsense. Please move Kate on from this ridiculous story. Now we have to deal with country ass music when we have to hear about the Adventures of Tammy Sue and Plucky. What's Ben's country name Bobby Ray, Bubba, Cletus, Billy Bob, Jimmy Joe?

WTF was Nicole expecting, for Eric to throw her ass a parade. Get the fuck on somewhere, you do one good thing and everyone should give you all the attention. GMAFB.

• Love 3

Tammy Sue how countrified to the tune of funkdified and I'm still bored with all this nonsense.

Is Tammy Sue a real name that people in real life have?

WTF was Nicole expecting, for Eric to throw her ass a parade. Get the fuck on somewhere, you do one good thing and everyone should give you all the attention. GMAFB.

The only reason why Nicole did the right thing was because she was delusional enough to think Eric would be so grateful that he would forgive her.

• Love 3

Is Tammy Sue a real name that people in real life have?.

Wait....isn't that a cold remedy?  Oh yeah, TamiFlu.

So I guess if we take us some of that good ol' TammySue we'll feel all better in the mornin".  At least that's what Cletus and Jimmy Joe done tol me.

• Love 2
(edited)

So. JJ clearly inherited his mother's delusion that the world revolves around them.  In the Deveraux alternate reality, legal agreements don't mean anything if they were signed a long time ago and are now inconvenient.  I wish one person would tell the Deveraux slackjaws that if Jack didn't want half of the proceeds of his book to go to Eve, then he maybe shouldn't have 1) signed away half his long form rights, and 2) written the book and set up a trust knowing that half the proceeds didn't belong to him to give away.  Idiots.

Surprisingly, I'm now interested in the Jordan and Ben story.  Their daddy looks like a mean ol' hillbilly.  Can Jen get in his way, please?

ETA:

Eve and Theresa were pretty damn awesome today.  I can't wait for them to finally bond over their shared hatred for the Horton clan saint.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 2

Jack never totally reformed from being a con artist (frankly, it was part of what made him fun) and this never-heard-of agreement actually sounds totally in character for him.

It absolutely is. I just wish we'd seen something like it play out at the time. Since we didn't, and he's not here to explain himself or try to weasel his way out of it, I don't care now how things shake out.

Back in the day, I liked both Eve and Jennifer and it didn't seem like a contradiction at all. I still enjoyed their interactions. Now, I'm apathetic at best towards Jennifer and totally put off by Eve.  I hate when this show takes a giant crap all over my good memories of it.

I'm not opposed to something going down at the Gala, but since it's indirectly connected to Eric, I'd hate to see Sami slight him by pulling her stunt there. I've not seen evidence of this great sibling bond they supposedly share, but for Sami to intentionally use a fundraiser for a school Eric worked so hard to start to get her revenge, seems  rather self-serving, even for Sami. 

• Love 2
(edited)

In the promo, Abigail has a bizarre look on her face when Sami and EJ kiss at their wedding.

Abigail is pretty, but nonetheless her eyes and lips bug me.

I'm  beginning to think Abigail might be the one to shoot EJ. Yikes. Otherwise, what is up with that face?

Edited by bantering
(edited)

Can JJ please act like a normal 18 year old and stop being so concerned with his mother's love life and rivalries.

Tammy Sue how countrified to the tune of funkdified and I'm still bored with all this nonsense. Please move Kate on from this ridiculous story. Now we have to deal with country ass music when we have to hear about the Adventures of Tammy Sue and Plucky. What's Ben's country name Bobby Ray, Bubba, Cletus, Billy Bob, Jimmy Joe?

JJ wasn't concerned with his mother's love life, he was concerned with the money from Jack's book.

Ben's real name, according to Clyde, is Ollie.

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 1
(edited)

KM said that "it won't be over until someone is dead" about Ejabby. So maybe it might stick?

Although Dimeras have nine lives....

I think EJ might get shot. It's a question of who does it, however. And I think he might live since usually the opposite of what KM says happens.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1
(edited)

Wow, I just really hate Daniel so much.  Like no matter who he is with in a scene...or even by himself, he's just such an obnoxious, arrogant jerk.  And so oblivious to it, he just sees himself as this awesome person and the voice of reason.  I hated Dannifer, and I think Jen can be such a downer, but she is better when she is apart from him.  He still sucks by himself.

This whole thing with Nicole/Eric.  I get that they are his friends, but he just made everything going on about him.  He just planted himself right in the middle of their issue like it was his place to call the shots.  Nicole was wrong, but the way he acted was like a parent to a child with her.  And all the while thinking he is so awesome while he does this.  Ugh, why would anyone want to be his friend?  He was relentless and condescending to Nicole.  Gah, just say what you know or butt out, but stop!  Then stupid Jen got in the middle and told.  Fine, at least it was out.  Then Dan, with his best constipated expression, dumps Jen for not thinking he was the awesomest guy ever with his "handling" of Nicole.  Shut up Dan!

Then today, I only caught part.  Once again, saying how Jen didn't have faith in Dan's awesomness in "handling" Nicole during this, and that he was such an awesome friend Eric and blah, blah, blah with his constipated face again.  Telling Eric that he and Jen were on a break because of Eric and how Jen didn't believe in Dan's own awesomeness.  Shut up!

I know I'm just paraphrasing here, I'm just saying how every damn thing that comes out of Dan's mouth in some way declares how awesome he seems to think he is.  Such a great friend, doctor, boyfriend, father, etc.  He's not.  I wish he would butt out now that everything is said and done.  Stay away from Nicole, stay away from Eric, and stay away from Jen.  They are all better off without you, IMO!!!

Edited by LadyJaney
  • Love 4

Preach LadyJaney cause I know I get tired of hearing how awesome Dan is. You practically have the whole town of Salem kissing the ground he walks on. Talking about how he's trying to see Jenn's POV in all this but he can't. Dan just doesn't realize how he always gets sucked into Nicole's schemes and there was no telling how many chances he would have given her. People do have a right to call him out on his shit, cause he has no problems getting all up in Nicole, Theresa, Brady, and Ann's faces telling them about themselves.

Why would anyone want to be in a relationship with him. The whole time you can't question his character and the woman would have to automatically think that he walks on water and is the 2nd Coming. I bet in bed his form of dirty talk is, "Say I'm Awesome!"

• Love 3

Why would anyone want to be in a relationship with him. The whole time you can't question his character and the woman would have to automatically think that he walks on water and is the 2nd Coming. I bet in bed his form of dirty talk is, "Say I'm Awesome!"

Ok that made me lol.  And to dump the one woman (other than his mother) who already thinks you're Jesus is just stupid. Even stupider is trying to rehabilitate him from being Dr. Grope.  Which brings me back to Eve.  She basically told him she was sexually available on their first meeting.  Dan is dead wrong.  I thought Nicole put a little spark on him but they'd have to be in a storyline that doesn't involve a lie, like running away pretending he's the babydaddy. 

• Love 1

So. JJ clearly inherited his mother's delusion that the world revolves around them.  In the Deveraux alternate reality, legal agreements don't mean anything if they were signed a long time ago and are now inconvenient.  I wish one person would tell the Deveraux slackjaws that if Jack didn't want half of the proceeds of his book to go to Eve, then he maybe shouldn't have 1) signed away half his long form rights, and 2) written the book and set up a trust knowing that half the proceeds didn't belong to him to give away.  Idiots.

Jen and the rest of the Horton's need to shove it. It's not even like Eve is asking for all the money. There will still be plenty left to donate to charity. I'm not looking forward to hearing Maggie bitch about how put-upon Jen is for having to deal with evil Eve.

KM said that "it won't be over until someone is dead" about Ejabby. So maybe it might stick?

Can EJ and Abby both die? It's not like either death would be a great loss for the show.

• Love 4

Congratulations Kate, you have just told Jordan and Ben's abuser where they live.  Just so you get back with Rafe.  I hope you are happy.

Note: this storyline is still boring and I don't care about the characters.  I just think Kate made things 1000 times worse.

I only half pay attention to this story line, but I was hoping we'd see Kate show some indecision about outing where the siblings were.  I thought she'd think back to what she went through as well as Austin and Billie.

• Love 1

Why is Kate being wasted in this SL when she so clearly needs to be back in Salem ready to comfort Sami when Sami finally outs EJ, and leaves him?

Tammy Sue and Ollie - {face palm}.

• Love 1

Tammy Sue and Ollie could the writers have come up with an even worse name for those two? Might as well called her Cindy Lou Peoples at least it would have a nice ring to it. I really don't care that Kate is sending their father to them, that means we can get this dreadful, dragged out storyline over and done with. Just hurry up and end it and I just really wish in this case the writers would have just dropped the story all together.

• Love 2

Does Kate actually want Rafe? I still don't get the Jordan demolition plan.

Say what you will about Sami, but at least the demolition Abigail plan makes sense.

Has Rafe figured out yet that he actually cheated on Jordan?

• Love 3

There's something in the water in Salem that seems to affect the men only, cause they're mostly stupid except JJ, Sonny, T, & Victor are immune to the affects. Rafe seems to not get that he did cheat or doesn't want to acknowledge it.

• Love 1

This Kate obsession with Rafe and his boring love life has got to go.

They need to knock that shit off and focus her strictly on the badass scheming against the Dimera douches and bringing them down. Then have her break them. Of course I that comes to pass then Bo won't have his fake reason for ditching Hope and Ciara. They should say he's with Billy again or presumed dead.

It would be an interesting twist if Jordan/ Tammy Sues dad wasn't abusive. If he comes to town will he e a redux of Jan's dad and Kate or AssCole will snuff him and be saviors and redeemed?

• Love 2

Might as well called her Cindy Lou Peoples at least it would have a nice ring to it. 

Cindy Lou Peoples is nothing without Kim Fung Toi. 

And this Jordan and Ben: Hillbillies on the Run storyline is not only ridiculous and hackneyed (at least based on what we've seen so far) but a waste of Kate's talents. She needs to use her powers for bigger and much better, more nefarious and delicious things.

• Love 2

I think they are going to go for more of a Duke Johnson storyline - only with, apparently, stolen illegal money.

I can definitely see Kate feeling guilty once she realizes that she has exposed Jordan and Ben to their abusive father. I actually might start watching this storyline now that it is finally being put in motion.

I agree that the deal is definitely classic Jack, but there may be a case for extortion since Eve was threatening to not give Jack the annullment.

Quite frankly I think they are both wrong - Eve could just offer to take the movie rights and leave the book sales alone. That way the spirit of what Jack intended to do is still there but Eve still gets her money. Of course that would involve Eve and Jennifer acting like adults and talking to each other and that is not going to happen.

Don't get me wrong, I do think that if the document is legal that Eve is entitled to some money and if the money were going to Jenn and family I'd say go for the full amount.

Admittedly, I have personal bias on the military front and I hate that the writers have put the military in the middle of this stupid storyline.

• Love 2
(edited)
I agree that the deal is definitely classic Jack, but there may be a case for extortion since Eve was threatening to not give Jack the annullment.

If that's extortion, so would be tons of real-world divorces. It just seems like bargaining to me, so I decided to look up legal extortion: http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-charges/extortion.html It doesn't sound like simply refusing to give Jack an annulment meets the standard for the sort of threat that would make this extortion rather than typical, entirely legal, negotiating. Refusing an annulment wasn't a threat to Jack's property or to his loved ones, it's not intimidation, and I don't see how it can be a false claim of a right given that Jack used Eve's trust fund money for his newspaper, so her asking for some financial consideration is hardly out of bounds.

So Jordan Ridgeway's real name is Tammy Sue? I think I'll call her Jammy Rue, because I certainly rue the day Kate ever got caught up in this boring storyline. I can't help but feel that Jammy's backstory is designed so that when Kate learns that Clyde was abusive, she'll feel remorseful because it's so like Billie's own history with Curtis Reed. Which I hate because 1) I don't buy that Kate's spidey-sense wouldn't have started tingling 2) one of the great things about Kate is that she doesn't give two fucks. As for Jammy and Bollie, this was much more interesting with the original version, Billie and Austin. Yawn.

Please let tomorrow be the wedding, please let tomorrow be the wedding. Because today was so dull.

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 1

This Kate obsession with Rafe and his boring love life has got to go.

Rafe, Rafe, Rafe......I'm trying to remember if I've ever cared about anything he's ever said, ever done, ever felt, ever ate, ever scratched, ever sulked, ever......never.  I'm in the minority in a way.  While I think this storyline has been dragged out longer than Dan takes inbetween baths - and that's a LONG time - but it's Jordan I feel sorry for being tied up in a storyline with him.  The guy has the wierdest ideas about his WIMMIN, thinking they're all dumber than he is and in need of his protection.  Rafe couldn't find his left pocket without asking, much less protect anyone.  And it seems that Jordan and Ben have been doing just fine on their own.  But now that she's fallen for his admittedly adorable eyelashes, well, that's it.  She's now officially a Damsel in Distress.  And as for Sami giving him another glance I so hope not. 

As for Kate, all I can think is that she's really bored.  Rafe is like getting a hamster as a pet.  Yep, he's cute, but after the initial "ahh, isn't he cute", you realize all he really does is run in circles and poop - and bite you if try to handle him.  Get a cat or a dog, not a Hernandez.

Quite frankly I think they are both wrong - Eve could just offer to take the movie rights and leave the book sales alone. That way the spirit of what Jack intended to do is still there but Eve still gets her money. Of course that would involve Eve and Jennifer acting like adults and talking to each other and that is not going to happen.

Don't get me wrong, I do think that if the document is legal that Eve is entitled to some money and if the money were going to Jenn and family I'd say go for the full amount.

I think the way the agreement was written, Eve is entitled to just half.  So Jenn could sign over that half and give the other half to the vets as Jack wished.  I sorta hate that TPTB decided to make this a veteran issue, because it makes Eve look mercenary to want what it seems Jack agreed to.  And it doesn't matter how long ago it was, a deal is as deal.

But none of that matters as much to me as seeing Jenn miserable.  It just puts such a smile on my face!  That's the thing with Jenn - even when she's right, she's wrong.  When Hope, Jenn's biggest enabler came over and Jenn started going on and on about the Evil Eve, Jenn was just as over-the-top about Eve as she was about Dirty Dan when she thought he was sleeping with Theresa.  You don't have to scratch Jenn too deep for the ugly to spring out.  And she never shuts up EVER, about someone or something she doesn't like.  Why exactly do Hope and Maggie think she's so sweet??  And she's raised a daughter who follows in her mother's boot steps.  JJ is too sweet-natured to realize it - and he's emotionally blackmailed  by that horror of a mother - but he was lucky to have been in boarding school and away from her.

I'm really liking Eve being in town - which isn't exactly the same thing as liking Eve.  I think she's being written, at least initially, as a woman who does treasure her daughter and wants the best for her - and done a decent job raising her - but also as someone who hasn't said NO to a shady deal or two - or three - or some bad behavior when she thought it was advantageous.  And she strikes me as someone who isn't in any hurry for her kid to find out about that side of herself.  And I definitely see someone who takes some enjoyment from sticking it to people she doesn't like.  I'm all for her not playing fair with Jenn and making her life miserable.

But I think she better watch her back with Theresa.  If she was smarter, she's either make her an ally or neutralize her, but antagonizing her seems like making trouble.  But the fan factor of those two at odds might make for some good story. 

I'm hoping that this doesn't make Theresa decide to make nice with Jenn or Abigail.....

Oh well, I'm enjoying it!  I tape GH and Y&R, but I can barely get through those shows anymore.  DOOL may have its problems, but I don't ff through a second of it.  Good show IMO.

• Love 8

Let me kind of clarify something - I think that this could be an opportunity for Eve to prove something and make Jenn look bad. By offering something as simple as only taking the movie rights as a compromise she looks like she is being giving and fair and Jenn looks petty and spiteful for not agreeing. It's a simple move but anything that makes Jenn look bad I am all for.

I can't believe I used to love the Jennifer character. Now the only thing I love is having access to my fast forward button during her scenes.

• Love 2
Tammy Sue and Ollie could the writers have come up with an even worse name for those two?

Can I just say that I lived in the Deep South all my life and I have never met or heard of anyone named Ollie?  Ollie is the name of a cockney street urchin.  If the writers were truly living the cliche, they should have called him Bubba.  But I agree, the whole thing is so over-the-top hillbilly Deliverance that it's laughable.

And I want to say I totally called it that the "secret" was an abusive father.  Man, the suspense was killing me!  I sure am glad they waited a year to tell us!

• Love 5
(edited)

Well, I might be a little interested in something Rafe scratched.  Damn, boes I can't laugh enough at your posts.  Hernandez hamster? 

Jack was a real jerk to Jenn a lot of the time, always running off or having shady schemes.  Now, it's really stupid that once he married Jenn and had growing children, that he didn't revisit that annulment agreement.  Typical self absorbed Jack. And I actually love Jack.  Abby should have plummeted to her death.

At this point she has to hand over the movie rights - which I think are more lucrative than book sales - because the book sales have already gone to the veterans trust if she's obligated to split the proceeds.  I don't find it bad that veterans are involved in this storyline.  The country has been at war for over a decade and it's nice they acknowledged it by making Phillip a soldier and Jack was doing investigation.  I don't think they planned the Eve story that far back.  What sucks to me is that Jenn doesn't need or miss the money and doesn't care that Eve lost her pimp's money.  I believe Gran left the entire family hundreds of thousands of dollars each, and Jenn got the house for free.  I'm trying to remember but didn't someone play fast and loose with about $500,000 in Gran's bearer bonds?  I think it was Hope. Oh, and screw you Eve for remarking on how the house hasn't changed.

Edited by QuelleC

A thought about the movie rights -- in real life, that can be lucrative, I'm sure, but often I think the deals end up dying before the movie is made. My sister's novel was optioned for film rights and while they have had script readings, it's been a few years and nothing is moving forward yet. So for Eve, that may not be a good deal. 

It would be one thing if Jenn was upset about the veterans' missing out, but it's playing more like she just hates Eve and can't stand to be one-upped. I worry for JJ and Paige with those two lunatics for mothers. 

• Love 2

Congratulations Kate, you have just told Jordan and Ben's abuser where they live.  Just so you get back with Rafe.  I hope you are happy.

Note: this storyline is still boring and I don't care about the characters.  I just think Kate made things 1000 times worse.

You would think that Kate, a former abused wife and mother of abused children herself, would be more careful about outing Jordan to her abuser.

• Love 2

Granted, Kate doesn't know that the guy abused Tammi and Ollie (I can't believe I just typed those ridiculous names), but I agree with a poster above who said that her radar should have been dinging like crazy. A dumb woman, she ain't. 

You would think that Kate, a former abused wife and mother of abused children herself, would be more careful about outing Jordan to her abuser.

Kate was a former prostitute but that didn't stop her from basically forcing Chloe to sell herself.

• Love 3

This whole storyline regarding Kate's involvement is ridiculous. For me, it's so out-of-character for her to give a flying fig about Rafe.  First off, she dumped him with a clear head, not the other way around. Second, a woman in Kate's position (albeit former) and with her money would have to beat the eligible men off with a stick and I'm not even including how drop dead gorgeous, sophisticated and worldly she is. I just cannot buy that she would spend this much time mooning over that idiot Rafe.  It's completely illogical.  Booty call - yes.  Pining away with love - no.

Regarding Kassie's twang and how it isn't right for Eve - welcome to my world.  The world where Roman Brady talks like Yosemite Sam on a 3-day bender.  Whoever thought that was a good idea after WN needs to be tied to an anthill. 

• Love 3

Kate is pretty much a sociopath, but LK has charisma so she's able to make Kate's sociopathic tendencies seem entertaining.

Jordan is pointless, but it probably is in Kate's true nature to mess with her. But for some reason I thought she was over Rafe. And was doing this demolition Jordan plan for kicks.

• Love 1

Jordan is pointless, but it probably is in Kate's true nature to mess with her. But for some reason I thought she was over Rafe. And was doing this demolition Jordan plan for kicks.

That at least would make sense - that she's trying to screw with Jordan for fun.  Just not because she loves Rafe.  Though I guess after Stefano, anything would be a step up.

• Love 1