Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Unfortunately, rapist turned good/acceptable guy is such a common soap trope that singling one guy out is difficult. Dating back to the time of Bill Horton, we've had everyone from Jack to EJ to Lawrence Alamain (who turned good then bad again!) to even Sami. Multiple wrongs don't make a right, but the thing I appreciate about Jack is that he was truly remorseful.

• Love 7

I would doubt any rapist turned good guy story was better done than Jack Deveraux's was.  We saw every step he went through to finally forgive himself for what he did and unlike ANY of the others, he actually apologized to his victim in a sincere and heartfelt apology (which she accepted and they moved on).  Barf if you must but Jack paid for his crime and it sure as hell didn't happen over night.

• Love 8
(edited)

Kassie de Paiva is just rocking the part of Eve.  I've always liked her, and she isn't disappointing.

So much talk of Frankie, I guess it would be too much to ask to have Billy Warlock come back, huh?  And how about Paige's father?

I would love for Jennifer, in an argument with Eve, to throw it in her face that JJ is really Frankie's son.

Oh, I wanted to add:  What time of day is it?  Jennifer is fixing dinner, but Maggie said, "There is an NA meeting at the hospital this morning."

What will Anne live for when she finds out Dannifer have broken up?

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 1

I have a question, Abby came in and asked Jenn where her ATM card is? Why doesn't Abby take her ATM card with her or have it in her wallet or purse? That just seems stupid that she just puts it in a desk drawer where anyone who stumbles upon it can just take it. Her pin probably would be easy to figure out since she's not that bright. Probably 2-2-2-1 (number of times she slept with EJ, having two men fight over Chad and Cameron, the number of men that I've gone after who is attached, and the one man who hasn't manipulated her Plucky)

I wonder what Ann is gonna live for, if she wants to piss Jenn off why not try and date Eric since Eric is a "friend" of hers. Ann vs Nicole could be fun to watch.  Or hell become friends with Eve, that'll drive Jenn up the wall and hopefully there's sharp spikes on that wall.

• Love 3
(edited)

Was KdP drunk or playing drunk?  Is she always going to act like this or did she really have a few drinks after she crank called Theresa?   In happier news, she seems to be backing off the accent and we found out for sure Frankie is not the father.

I was going to deny defending Jen, but I think I'm going to have to defend Jen, dammit.  Good for her to decide she's not going to host a dinner for an hour with a person who showed up without warning just to antagonize her.  I hope Jen "thanks" her for ruining her son's graduation dinner for her and kicks her out of the house. Jen meant it when she said Paige was lovely and KdP badmouthed JJ.   If my dead ex's former fiance (real life here) had picked up my framed photo of the father of my children and put it over her breasts to taunt me?  omfg she showed a ton of restraint there.

Can I slap Mar for asking, as a MOTHER why she should be the one to build bridges or mend fences or whatever? 

I thought the scene between John (bad acting aside) and Theresa was really good.  Theresa gets it and John does actually care.  I know people have been bored with the partying rut they're stuck in, but, as with JJ, how can they turn their lives around if they weren't bad to start with? 

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 3
LOL that Marlena didn't even know when EJ and Sami were getting married.

Seriously? Is she that engrossed in her little scientific experiment? She didn’t know that???  I have not seen today’s show yet so I did not see that part.

Speaking of today’s show, if it included Jennifer and Eve praising Jack as a “good man,” then I’m glad I missed it. Jack’s “redemption” was too little, too late for me. 

Can I slap Mar for asking, as a MOTHER why she should be the one to build bridges or mend fences or whatever?  

Yes please slap Mar. Should it matter who makes the first move? Can Mar just put her big granny draws on and be an adult. She knows Sami and how she is and that more than likely the other person has to extend the olive branch before Sami will even do so. She can't put her dislike aside for one day to support her child. If I was a parent and I didn't like who my child marries, so be it but if it meant so much to my child that I show up at her wedding, then I would do it. I wouldn't like it but I would support her and let my child know that I'll always be there for him/her. Parents more often make the first move more than the child does, but Mar is such a robot.

• Love 4

I have always thought Marlena was an incredibly selfish person.  She talks a lot about family and loyalty and doing the right thing, but her actions speak volumes about the kind of person she is.  I wish someone would bitch slap her and by someone, I mean Sami.

• Love 8
(edited)

Marlena is a trash mother to anyone who isn't Carrie.

Seriously? Is she that engrossed in her little scientific experiment? She didn’t know that???  I have not seen today’s show yet so I did not see that part.

I guess Sami never told her when the wedding was because she figured Marlena wouldn't bother showing up. Obviously Marlena couldn't be bothered to find out on her own because that would involve her taking an interest in Sami's life.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 5
I guess Sami never told her when the wedding was because she figured Marlena wouldn't bother showing up. Obviously Marlena couldn't be bothered to find out on her own because that would involve her taking an interest in Sami's life.

Sami should make Abby hand deliver hand written invitations to everyone just to make her jump through a few more hoops. 

• Love 9

I really hope this wedding and the board meeting deliver, and by deliver I mean I want Kate and Sami to completely destroy EJ and Stefano.  I don't have any interest in any of the other SLs.

Marlena is a horrible mother, and person.

• Love 5

A big deal is being made of the wedding, and Mar wasn't invited, because it was planned in what, three days?  Sami just wants to make it legal to get a great divorce settlement.  Set up for life, isn't that what she and Kate said?

• Love 1

Since Sami is gonna expose EJ and Abby anyway Mar might as well be at the wedding. She might actually crack a smile and when she smiles it'll be like hearing a book crack open, you'll hear the sound.

• Love 3

So I'm just going to pretend that Eve is a whole new character who just happens to have the same name as Shane Donovan's daughter, because I'm just not feeling the KDP love.  It's so bad that I found myself thinking that Jennifer was a likable, reasonable person today. 

Whatever faults Marlena has, she spoke the truth to EJ when she said that he and Sami did not bring out the best in each other. 

Looks like kids won't be allowed, like when Kristen and Brady tried to marry.

Except that Sami was telling Abe that she would have fun things for the kids to do after the ceremony. So I guess she really doesn't intend for anything to happen on the wedding day itself.

Sami just wants to make it legal to get a great divorce settlement.  Set up for life, isn't that what she and Kate said?

I don't think that can be the plan. She can't be entitled to anything (except child support, for which her marital status is irrelevant) when she'll have been married all of a day before they break up. Plus EJ can easily obtain an annulment on grounds of fraud. I think she and Kate plan to get rich by taking over DiMera somehow at the board meeting.

• Love 1

Would it be possible (timeline-wise) for Paige to be Jack's daughter? If so, that could be the real reason why Eve is trying to discourage Paige & JJ's relationship.

(edited)

I was very surprised that Abby slut -shamed herself yesterday, since she usually reserves it for the women she feels superior to. I disagree with her about the homewrecker part because to be a conscious homewrecker you actually have to acknowledge the wife and kids whose lives you will be joining EJ in destroying. I haven't seen her really acknowledge Johnny, Sydney, Allie and Will until yesterday (just in time for the reveal). Up until now, Abby has mostly been focused on how the affair will affect Jen and her own reputation. I do think that Abby only mentioned the word slut because she knew EJ would tell her she's not. That's Abby's entire dynamic with EJ. She goes on about what a terrible person she is so he can tell her she's not and she can feel better about herself until the next crisis.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 1

I thought Marlena was ready to crawl up EJ's ass when he got the marriage licence for Will, now she's shading him all of a sudden? I think Marlena is not there for a plot driven reason based on spoilers I've read. This is what comes of making EJ a weathervane. If he was just bad all the time then everyone's response to him wouldn't keep changing all the time. And excuse you Ben. We've become acquainted with all of Elvis's personalities, but you can't even tell us your last name. LMAO at KM saying that Ben is "safe" when Abby doesn't even know if he's a serial killer or not. Looks like Abby found herself a sanctimonious judgemental hypocrite. A perfect match for her no doubt.

Oh, and KM called that five second ladder scene a 'real Disney moment.' I wonder what kind of Disney movies she's been watching.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm actually enjoying Eve a lot so far, though that may well be due to 1) my being way too new to know anything about Original Recipe Eve and 2) my residual girlcrush on OLTL's Blair. :) I totally see why KDP's portrayal could be seen as annoyingly over the top to some, but one of my bigger complaints about this show is that sadly few of the characters seem to have much spirit or even a trace of personality (hellloooo, Jen and Abby...), so I'm liking that Eve brings an energy to her scenes.

I totally agree with those who enjoy the actress who plays Theresa and the character's snark but question the fact that all of her 'plans' seem to lack any remote motive, goal or purpose. Are we supposed to fanwank that she's too drugged out and screwed up to formulate an actual scheme and is just a random, chaotic mischief maker...?!

Marlena is freaking AWFUL. As a psychiatrist, as a mother, and as a general human being. And I'm pretty sure we're not supposed to see her as such, which somehow makes me hate her even more. It doesn't help that I think the actress ranges from mediocre to downright terrible. 

Rafe is even getting on *my* nerves, and I'm one of the two or three people in the universe who actually likes the guy. 

Heaven help me, I'm starting to really warm up to JJ/Paige. 

I love Sami/Kate beyond the telling of it. 

I think I may like watching Abby even less than I do Jenn and Daniel. That's saying A LOT. 

Edited by mstaken
  • Love 2
(edited)

I've always had a mysterious and inexplicable affection for Marlena.  Maybe because I always found her and John Black (unintentionally) hilarious back in the day.  Maybe because when you are the most casual of viewers (I watch once a month or so), you appreciate the constants: Marlena is always there, always a bit too pleased with herself, always looking down on the other denizens of Salem.  That might not sound appealing, but it genuinely tickles me.  Even her face and hair never, ever change!

But even I wanted to slap her when she asked EJ, "Why is it my job to mend fences between Sami and me?"

Because you are the mom, Marlena.  You are supposed to love your child unconditionally.  If she gets married, you show up.

Anyway.  In other news, I am madly in love with Eve.  I'm massively biased: I am a huge KDP fan and she's the reason I've been watching more the last couple of weeks.  But I think she just killed it yesterday.

Edited by Ladybyrd
  • Love 3

I love Eve.  And I was around for the original recipe.

She's gonna create havoc in Jennifer's life.  And I can get behind anyone who does that.  I don't even care that she's using Jack to do it.  At least if he didn't get to tell her to go fuck herself in person, he can do it from the grave.

• Love 2

Eve -- well, I'm warming up to KDP, I guess. Just need a few more episodes to stop comparing her to CR. I did love how she upset Jenn's applecart but damn if I didn't wind up feeling badly for Jenn that she was ambushed. And I really don't want them messing up JJ and Paige. 

So I recently acquired new glasses and it's the funniest thing -- the matrons like Marlena, Maggie, Jenn (hee), all look 100x worse now. Kate, however, looks fab. 

I'm not here for Abby/Ben's raggedy relationship. The only time I want to see Abby on my screen is when Sami is scheming against her. Once this story is over I'm hoping Abby is heavily backburned and goes back to her corner where she belongs.

• Love 8

Abby definitely needs to be backburned on too damn much cause she's been heavily panned across the soap community with this story trying to make her a leading lady. KM did her character no favors with her poor interview skills. Fuck Abby and fuck Plucky.

• Love 3
e this story is over I'm hoping Abby is heavily backburned and goes back to her corner where she belongs.

Can't we just kill her so that she's off our screens for all of eternity?! 

• Love 4

I kind of like how, right now, Paige and JJ's biggest concern is 'our mothers hate each other!' I like how... normal that is. 

I am in complete confusion over Theresa/Brady at this point. He gives her this whole speech in the park on Friday about how he thinks they have something and that he trusts her and wants more than just partying. And now she's acting like he's given her the brush off. I don't get it. Her behavior yesterday completely negates Friday for me. I can see there is vast amount of potential for this character, the actor has got spark and ability but there doesn't seem to be any real motivation for her. If Brady hadn't just told her he wanted more and did act completely distant from her when he wasn't high, then I might buy this direction she's gone where she wants to use the drugs and the 'partying' to keep him with her... presuming she cares about him, now i'm not even sure about that. 

Marlena refusing to be the one to reach out and heal the rift betwixt her and Sami is a) because she does not have human emotions and b) she's annoyed at EJ for disrupting her genetic experiments between Sami and Lucas' offspring (as they will clearly be the ones to grow up and over-throw whatever overlord Marlena actually wants to dispatch and gain power for herself.) I'm also guessing that Marlena has no fucks to give regarding the DiMera line (as that's probably the gene pool she wants to eradicate) so she's doubly annoyed at this force grown DiMera mucking about with her experiments.

I rather hope we've seen the last of that flashback filmed through the bag of ice... as endlessly amusing as I find it, it's served it's purpose. Yes, none of this is about Frankie (although, I'd love to see Billy Warlock return because I totally love him and I would be delighted by Eve now towering over him -- Amazon!Eve makes me happy) it's about Jack... which is obvious since they are flinging his picture around like crazy.

The breadcrumbs are really the size of loaves. Eve has come back to town needing money, she was married to Jack, this is all about Jack, Jack wrote a book that's been earning money which Jen gives to Veterans charities (just so we know who is good and who is bad, can't let that be too hazy), said book is about to be made into a movie. Yeah, I think it's fairly obvious what the goal here is... it's just a question of how Eve goes about it.

• Love 1
The breadcrumbs are really the size of loaves. Eve has come back to town needing money, she was married to Jack, this is all about Jack, Jack wrote a book that's been earning money which Jen gives to Veterans charities (just so we know who is good and who is bad, can't let that be too hazy), said book is about to be made into a movie. Yeah, I think it's fairly obvious what the goal here is... it's just a question of how Eve goes about it.

Was Jack even that big of a deal to Eve?  Do you think they might rewrite history and have Paige be Jack's daughter?  Like Jack and Eve met up somewhere clandestinely? That's gonna bum me out if JJ and Paige wind up being brother and sister.

I am in complete confusion over Theresa/Brady at this point. He gives her this whole speech in the park on Friday about how he thinks they have something and that he trusts her and wants more than just partying. And now she's acting like he's given her the brush off. I don't get it. Her behavior yesterday completely negates Friday for me. I can see there is vast amount of potential for this character, the actor has got spark and ability but there doesn't seem to be any real motivation for her. If Brady hadn't just told her he wanted more and did act completely distant from her when he wasn't high, then I might buy this direction she's gone where she wants to use the drugs and the 'partying' to keep him with her... presuming she cares about him, now i'm not even sure about that. 

I am disgusted with the Theresa storyline - it makes no sense at all.  I really like Jen Lilley and Theresa has grown on me, but I cannot stand the way her behavior is all over the place.  These writers absolutely suck.

• Love 1

Just wanted to chime in on the ' Abby needs to be backburnered train'. Though an interview from AZ at the Daytime Emmys indicated that she's not working much at the moment. That's good for LeftPhalange1 and Shadow cos it means less of AssCole, but it probably means more Abby instead. Though those rumours about MB still persist and a redhead was allegedly seen at the studio, so maybe KM will be forced to share, LOL.

(edited)

But even I wanted to slap her when she asked EJ, "Why is it my job to mend fences between Sami and me?"

Because you are the mom, Marlena.  You are supposed to love your child unconditionally.  If she gets married, you show up.

I haven't been watching much of any episode this week, but that seems over the line, even given how little self-knowledge Lady Sinister has exhibited lately. I, too, still have somewhat inexplicably some lingering affection for Marlena, but that kind of pissy, passive-aggressive nonsense seems specifically desgined to kill whatever respect the audience might still have for this character. Are we meant to accept that Marlena, like Jawn, has a permanent designation as one of the good guys, on which her actual behaviour has no bearing?

And why is Theresa taking stupid Anne into her confidence? That's nonsensical in itself.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 1

That's fabulous news if AssCole is gonna be on less.

Jenn & Eve both suck and both acting like bitches to tell their kids not to speak for their oh so precious 'high school' rivalry. Jenn, JJ isn't stupid so saying "It's nothing" didn't fool him for one second. JJ and Paige should have told both of their crappy mothers to suck rope. I think that during their argument JJ and Paige both came to the understanding that both their mothers are burdens.

Rory and Bev need to grow up and by that I mean grow up off screen.

Jordan I can't tell if you're grimacing or crying cause it's the same face over and over. Go away and take Plucky with you. I'm really hoping Kate finds something out cause this secret has gone on for months now and I bet no fans are interested in what it is by now. Even by now viewers would get some small hint on what the secret is gonna be. Abe, STFU and stick your nose out of this boring Jordan/Rafe thing. I wish the writers would cease on this great "love" that Jordan and Rafe allegedly have for each other. GMAFB Rafe, "I miss you" you broke up 2 seconds ago and cheated on her with Kate. Miss my ass.

John and his atrocious acting is just getting worse. What's up with that dry as toast hair? Is he getting styling tips from Dan the 2nd Coming? He never knows when to STFU and see thta he's one of the reasons Brady snorts like a pig and chug a lugs like there is no tomorrow. He doesn't know when to leave Brady alone cause it looks like the only people that will get through to him is Maggie, maybe Victor and of course Dan the 2nd Coming who Brady stopped drinking and doing drugs for during that stupid Liam story.

I'm hoping that maybe Brady is playing with Theresa cause lately he's been passing out in front of her and Theresa talks to herself. So I'm hoping that Brady is actually faking being out of it and listening to what Theresa is saying when she thinks that she's talking to herself, but Brady is stupid and it requires having a brain to actually pull off.

Ann was actually tolerable today, she was telling it like it is. I mean does Theresa actually think Brady is gonna put a ring on it after what happened when he was gonna marry Kristen. Some people will look at you as only a party person who they can have sex with. 

• Love 3

I'd love to see Melanie come back and she and Abby have a tense frenemy standoff about Chad. Plus, she'd give Theresa a run for her money, especially if Theresa is still messing with Brady. Wasn't it Melanie who tried to derail Abigail's nutty pursuit of Austin on that ski trip a few years back? 

• Love 1
(edited)

Though an interview from AZ at the Daytime Emmys indicated that she's not working much at the moment. That's good for LeftPhalange1 and Shadow cos it means less of AssCole, but it probably means more Abby instead. Though those rumours about MB still persist and a redhead was allegedly seen at the studio, so maybe KM will be forced to share, LOL.

Yay for less Asscole, boo for possibly more Abby. If they're bringing Melanie back it can't happen fast enough for me.

Jenn & Eve both suck and both acting like bitches to tell their kids not to speak for their oh so precious 'high school' rivalry.

If Eve is going to act like this then she can jget hit by the same bus that will (hopefully) one day hit Jen.

Rory and Bev need to grow up and by that I mean grow up off screen.

It's disheartening that the writers feel like they need to trash Bev and Rory just to make Paige and JJ look better.

Jen is really one of the most joyless, miserable, shrieking, annoying, crybaby characters I've ever seen. Shut up. Where are here antidepressants?

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 4
Jen is really one of the most joyless, miserable, shrieking, annoying, crybaby characters I've ever seen. Shut up. Where are here antidepressants?

Heh---yeah, joyless is always the first adjective that leaps to mind whenever she makes her frequent, unwelcome appearances on screen. And, thanks to you guys, "beige." As someone who's needed antidepressants at certain points of my life, though, I can't claim in good faith that they'd do much for Jennifer. What she really needs is a lobotomy and complete personality transplant. Maybe she can volunteer to be the subject of Marlena's creepy psychiatric SCIENCE experiments?! It's pretty much the only way i could conceive of finding her interesting! 

• Love 1

Ahem. I also hate AssCole. She's so pathetic and a perpetual loser who's not even fun to laugh at, but if one was to laugh at someone who fails at life she provides plenty of material.

Although I don't hate her as much as Jen and Abby.

I hate Jen more than any character on any soap.
  • Love 4
Although I don't hate her as much as Jen and Abby.

Ha! Yes, 'Well, I don't hate you quite as deeply as I do Jen and Abby...' is, sadly enough, the closest I can come to complimenting many of these characters :) 

• Love 3

So let me get this straight.  Eve gave Jack a bunch of money when they ended their marriage, and Jen's all, oh well, that money is gone, get over it.  But when Eve says that in return for that money Jack promised her half of the proceeds of any of his future long form projects, Jen's all, that's not fair, Jack wouldn't want that, I'm going to fight you over this. 

And Eve is the greedy one? 

Please.  Jennifer is such a horrible shrew.  Plus, she didn't give a shit about Jack before he died and now she's concerned about his legacy?  Please, again.

I love KdP and am so very happy she's back on screen.

• Love 9

I don’t care for this new rendition of Eve and don’t see the point of the made-up high school nemesis crap when the story is going to involve their later interactions regarding Jack anyways (it’s one thing to provide history/back story but another when it’s not accurate) but I do hope Eve stuffs it to Jennifer on this one. Jack took Eve’s money, he signed a valid contract allowing her access to possible future money, suck it up and deal with it Jen!  As Eve pointed out, she can still donate her portion of the royalties.  I hope Jen gets laughed out of court when she tries to tell a judge “It’s not what Jack wanted.” It seems the annulment agreement says otherwise.  Not that I personally care what Jack wanted as he did a lot of things to other people that they did not want.

• Love 2

If it's ironclad I don't know how Jenn can fight it. She can't walk into court saying, "It's not what Jack would have wanted." Judge would die laughing and watch Jenn get Aiden to be her attorney to represent her. Unless Jenn has paperwork or proof to dispute what Jack left Eve in that agreement she has no leg to stand on or if she can prove that agreement is fraudulent. Eve isn't taking money away from the military she's only getting her half of the money and the other half will still go towards the military, so Jenn should just STFU and deal with it and continue to not work at the hospital, since she's barely there.

• Love 5
(edited)
Before Jen got the PR job at the hospital what money was she living on?

Horton family money??? Good question. 

watch Jenn get Aiden to be her attorney to represent her.

I figured that's coming too. I hope he tells her she has no case but if this does become a legal battle (which I suspect is the plot) I hope Eve has EJ as her attorney so when she wins Jenn gets a double headache....which leads to a massive brain tumor that even Dr. Dirty can't fix.

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 2

I feel that they're making the 'you're taking money away from the military' point to really drive home who is the bad guy in this situation... which is a bit unfair because I really can't hold it against a woman, a single mother, exercising her right to an agreement that gives her money that she intends to use to put her daughter through college and, yes, give herself elective surgery that will help her reclaim a career that she loved and was, presumably, good at.

It's interesting that Jack seemed to specify long form publishing... probably not intending to ever write a book when he made the initial agreement because, as people here have stated that Jack hated Eve, I rather doubt he would have made any offers or agreements with her intending to follow through... and then life took strange turns and this happened. Jen loved Jack and so has this whole 'he didn't want this, he wanted all of the money to go to veterans' spiel while Eve, I suppose, has a less love-colored view of the man. I could even see her enjoying the idea that she's getting something out of him, why not? She's no angel and he clearly wasn't either.

The writing feels too heavy-handed, though. It's like a big flag going 'EVE IS BAD!! JEN IS GOOD!!' And somehow I imagine this is going to get worse as St. Daniel of the Dirty Fingernails gets involved.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm hoping that maybe Brady is playing with Theresa cause lately he's been passing out in front of her and Theresa talks to herself. So I'm hoping that Brady is actually faking being out of it and listening to what Theresa is saying when she thinks that she's talking to herself, but Brady is stupid and it requires having a brain to actually pull off.

I had the same thought today.  But, alas, Salem's dumbest male isn't that savvy.

On another note, I am on Eve's side regarding this lawsuit despite the writers' attempt to manipulate me by pretty much saying Eve is evil for taking money from the military vets.

Edited by DanaMB