Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I really wish the wardrobe people would put Jennifer in something that has some color.  And put some colored lipstick on her.  They seem determined to make her look as old as possible.

I'm bored by the Sami thing.  But that's really not shocking to anyone I'm sure.  Since I've seen her lose her shit before, it's eye roll worthy for me now to sit here and watch her.  Like someone else said, no one's noticing that she's acting like an idiot?  Sticky sweet, ridiculously perky, stupidly in love.  When the hell has Sami EVER acted like that?  Why does someone always have to be a moron when these stories get told?  Like EJ wouldn't realize she was being REALLY over the top?  

I can fanwank a lot of ways that Theresa wouldn't know about Paige.  1.  Eve's been gone for awhile and seemingly has not been in Theresa or anyone else's orbit.  She has also changed her last name.  It would not be a stretch to believe she told no one about the baby, especially if it was Frankie's.  2.  Theresa has been on self destruct mode for quite some time seemingly.  It would not be a stretch to believe she and Eve weren't talking every day.  3.  Theresa and Eve may be sisters, but it was never shown that they were particularly close.  4.  Eve was a schemer as well.  Dare, I say it....she was more fun than Sami.  Keeping a kid a secret until she could use it to her advantage, again especially if it was Frankie's, would also not be a stretch.

I really like Kate and I hope when Sami is gone Kate is still front burner and raising hell.

I used to despise Kate but I've come around since the river coverup. If they want me to continue to like her she needs to stop acting desperate over stupid Rafe and start poisoning members of the Horton clan. 

• Love 3

That’s just one of the problems with taping so far in advance, and dragging the SLs out so long.  The fans either figure out what is going to happen long before it does, or they don’t care.  My investment in this SL is purely enjoying AS/LK scenes.  The rest is been there, done that, boring.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think the twist may have come as a surprise to me if I hadn't been reading internet forums.

Other people seemed to have guessed what was going on months in advance, and then I tend to pay more attention to the acting to see if something might be up.

I don't know if it's really possible to do a true twist in the age of the internet. Although I can't remember if anybody bothered doing these kinds of twists in the '90s either. In the '90s, the show most likely would have shown Sami's thought process and how she was going about planning her schemes. You'd normally see Sami plotting something, and either Lucas would think it was a great idea or a stupid one, and somehow find himself participating in the same scheme. But maybe the show now wants to focus more on Dan's unconditioned hair. And montage flashbacks of Dannifer sex. Now, THAT needed the vaseline lens.

Edited to add:

"Daniel and I are meant to be together." Ugh. Poor Abigail. Now I see where she gets it from...

"Maybe I'm not the man I think am."  You're only realizing this now? You mean you didn't realize this after you seduced Chloe away from Lucas or got the weird fuzzies while doing patient exams???

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

What a let down to go from Sami and Kate throwing cake at Abby to this boring ass garbage.

Maggie is sickening. She probably cares more about Dannifer than she does her own marriage.

I'm not sure why Eve thinks she's any better than Theresa.

Why are Bev and Rory being trashed so worthless Paige can look good?

• Love 1

Eve you're done, the fact that you think some unwashed Farrah Fawcett man is “hot” (I guess that word has no meaning anymore) makes me think very little of you. Most of the men in Salem are able to keep themselves looking clean and like they bathe everyday (EJ just might want to stop trying to cause an oil strike on his head with all that oil running up in there though) So Eve should hold off on the comments until she gets a good look at the rest of the men walking around Salem – JJ, Sonny, T, even dumbass Eric & Brady.

I mean seriously how many female characters have either had a crush on him, found him hot, or always propping him – Maggie, Jenn, Abby, Theresa, Maxine, Nicole, Paige, and now Eve. I guess Ann is the only female with common sense when it comes to Dan. I'm surprised Sami and Kate aren't on the list.

Paige isn't all that smart if she thinks Jenn is sweet. I think she got her words confused. I think she meant to say JJ's mom is so damn sanctimonious. If the place smells like kitty litter and such and Paige is the only one in the house, either she's a lousy housekeeper or she has bad B.O.

Maggie please Dan always looked wrecked, you should be checking up on him more often. Dan is such a pouty little bitch, “Jenn didn't believe in me.” Well dumbass, you gave her plenty of good reasons not to believe that you would tell Eric and judging you from your past behavior of going with AssCole's lies and schemes what else is Jenn suppose to think. He's acting all crushed and distraught, acting like Jenn is going around town and saying he saves his pubic hair and places them in jars. See what Dan is doing, he's making me take Jenn's side in all this. Her argument is more valid IMO. Dan is always the one jumping the gun and acts on impulse without analyzing everything first.

But I can hate her still because now all of Salem can all cry at Dannifer's breakup like it's some international incident. “Oh my god, the greatest couple in Salem history are broken up.” *roll eyes* and SMDH. I can imagine Maxine now running her mouth, that's the only reason they bring Maxine on t.v. is to prop this atrocious couple. Watch what she has to say this time around. I bet if Maxine dated Dan she would form a different opinion of him.

Brady please, nobody is hitting on your trashbag gf. Get off the nose candy you damn junkie.

My goodness can Aidan cluck even further, all that damn talking over a gala. Are we sure he didn't snort with Brady? Is that why Brady's upset? Aidan snorted most of it leaving Brady with little nose candy and that's why Brady “needs” more.

Does anyone care about this gala storyline? Anyone??? ….........*cricket sounds*........... Alrighty then.

FYI...What a boring ass Friday episode. They could have easily made this episode for Thursday and made yesterday's episode be Friday's.

• Love 3

I turned off the episode when Daniel realized he wasn't the man he thought he was.

As for Eve, I don't know what she's going to do but so many people are speculating that she's going to make Jennilfer's life miserable. But I find that odder than Sami going after Abigail since I don't know why a 50 year old who knew someone as a teenager and hasn't had any interaction with that person since then would bother to make her life miserable just because. Did Eve even like Jack?

• Love 1
(edited)

So, either a writer or a showrunner is living vicariously through Daniel, right? This is the part of soaps that I hate. It's been an issue since the late 90s. Like, Guza wanted so badly to be Jason on GH it wasn't even funny. Rex was the precious angel golden boy on OLTL and that was a Frons edict. So who is it that wants to be Daniel and so makes him the absolute pinnacle of all things magnificent and wonderful? All the women want him and all the men want to be him and everything he says or does is right and perfect.

I have no patience for that but, at the same time, I know that other characters have no chance against this sort of bullshit. I've been prepared for Eve to be all doe-eyed about Daniel from jump (though it makes it no less nauseating) so, at this point, I have to hope she brings something else to the game. That is something I'm willing to be patient about because God knows nothing happens quickly on this show.

Still, I wish someone on that show would get the fucking memo. Daniel isn't Jesus. Stop it.

Why is Theresa trying to make JJ's life miserable?  None of their motivations make a lot of sense.

I don't get this, either. He always seems to cross her line of sight when she's bored, waiting for Brady to show up. It's sadistic, really. "Oh look, I'll go pull the wings off that fly while I'm not snorting coke or fucking someone." It's stupid. I've enjoyed Theresa but I actually like JJ so this is not earning her any points.

Edited by Dandesun
  • Love 4

Did it ever come out that Theresa was the one who gave BSC Liam the key to Daniel's apartment?  Like I know she had a big cry fest but did she ever flat out say that's how he got into Daniel's apartment?  

ShadowSixx, I didn't realize, but you are absolutely right - the Dannifer breakup is an international incident.  I'm surprised President Obama didn't break in for a Special Report about the Great Breakup Tragedy of Our Lifetime.  God, could they spend any more time over Daniel's existential crisis?  And how brave poor little Jennifer is over the loss of her Great Love?  Barf.  My one hope is St Naggie's line - "Why, Daniel!  This sounds so final!"  Please, PLEASE let this be the last breakup.

Eve sounds like an overgrown teenager.  I really hope she tones down the giddiness.  I feel sorry for Paige.

OK, Theresa and Brady were really sweet in the park - I know Brady is a dumbass love-addicted cokehead , but those two really sold that scene.  I love Theresa except when she's obsessing over JJ  because who cares.

• Love 5

I have to say, I sat through most of Thursday's episode and didn't hate it.  It wasn't great or anything, but it was rather decent by this show's standards.

I dislike Pop-Up Victor getting away with calling Kate a whore.  Pretty intense for daytime TV.  And frankly, he's always so smug it's annoying.  He isn't really a believable character anymore, not that many on this show still are of course.

I'm bored by the Sami thing.  But that's really not shocking to anyone I'm sure.  Since I've seen her lose her shit before, it's eye roll worthy for me now to sit here and watch her.  Like someone else said, no one's noticing that she's acting like an idiot?  Sticky sweet, ridiculously perky, stupidly in love.  When the hell has Sami EVER acted like that?  Why does someone always have to be a moron when these stories get told?  Like EJ wouldn't realize she was being REALLY over the top?

Well, I enjoyed the Sami stuff because at least Sami's IN THE KNOW for a change.  It reminded me of the "good old days" when Sami actually schemed and we got to be let in on the fun.  Yes, she was OTT, but I think it was the director's job to tell her to pull it back a bit.  If anything, I found EJ and Abby to be worse in those scenes.  Sami's always been pretty OTT.  Those two were practically screaming "We're uncomfortable!  We sexed each other up!" the entire time.

The food fight was lame.  I can't remember the last time I saw one of those and enjoyed it on a soap.

Nicole is annoying.  Eric is annoying.  But at least Nicole got in some good shots at Marlena's expense at the start of the episode.

Honestly, it was the most I've enjoyed the show since Kristen was on.

Just started watching today's episode and I'm struck by the venom Jenn and Hope have for Eve. I watched back then and I remember loving Charlotte Ross's vulnerable, love-starved, and tormented Eve. The relationship she had with Nick was tender and creepy at the same time, and does anyone remember when she sang Wind Beneath My Wings? I'll have to go remind myself why there's such animosity there. 

• Love 2

I remember Charlotte Ross' Eve fondly. She was a hellion when she first appeared, but evolved into something of an anti-heroine with a good deal of pathos and vulnerability, particularly in her storyline with Nick the Pimp. So far, KDP is capturing the brassiness of vintage Eve, but I'm waiting for the other notes to be struck.

• Love 3

So if I have to put up with Bev, why can't I have Rory, at least? 

Yeah, where is Rory?  I thought he and Bev were glued at the hip.

Just started watching today's episode and I'm struck by the venom Jenn and Hope have for Eve. 

Yes, I was thinking the same thing.  How long has it been?  25 years?  Get over it.  And god forbid Jennifer tell her kids anything about their dad's history.  I don't see how a marriage of convenience is somehow worse than Jack raping Kayla.  Also, someone remind me again about the content of Jack's book?  Was it autobiographical?  And if so, wouldn't he write about all his marriages?  And why am I overthinking this mess once again?

• Love 5

I really enjoyed today's episode.  For me, DOOL has given a good weeks worth of story.  Today's low temp storytelling was certainly different from yesterday but pretty good, IMO, in introducing Eve into the storyline.

Eve seemed to be trying hard to get across the mother/daughter vibe with Paige but I guess TPTB want to establish that relationship in our minds as quickly as possible.  A little frenetic, I agree, and that had me wondering how hard it might be for KdP to get into the skin of another character with some similarities but a lot of differences from the Blair she played on OLTL for so very long.  At least with this role she's got one whole helluva lot better daughter to deal with!   And full disclosure - I'm biased in favor of KdP, and since I didn't see Charlotte Ross in the role I'm happy with what I've seen so far.  Off subject, several friends of mine have started tuning in to DOOL a couple of weeks back in anticipation of her coming on board.  I hope her casting ups the viewership because IMO DOOL deserves more fans.

I like that Eve isn't some deep, dark secret from everyone, that she has stayed in touch with her dad, that Paige isn't unaware of her extended family, even if she doesn't know them well and certainly doesn't know the details.  That just makes more sense to me.  And while Eve may very well despise Jenn and Hope and all the rest, she hasn't indicated that they are the prime motivator for her being there.  The fresh venom came from Jenn and Hope and Victor, at least so far.  If the good people of Salem all treat her with contempt after all these years, that will make Eve automatically more sympathetic to me.  It may be interesting to see how the strained relationship Eve and Theresa have play out.  And as someone mentioned, it looks like Theresa may already be one step ahead of Eve.

I like Aidan more today than I have so far - but more in his scene with Theresa than with Hope.  Hope is still too much in her Cop Voice mode for me to see these two as a couple.  Somebody needs to slip Hope a mickey that'll put some life in her because she's pretty dried up right now.

Brady is such a no-neck thug.  If he wasn't Victor's idiot grandson he'd be sleeping behind a dumpster somewhere.  Brady seems to have two speeds - inert, or bullying someone.  It's usually a woman so at least today he was picking on someone who could give that windbag a fair fight.  I liked Theresa in her scenes with Brady, but ONLY because of her.  I think Jen Lilley is very good, better than I sometimes give her credit for.

And maybe it's the heat here or something, but I didn't even think the Maggie/DirtyDan scenes were as bad as usual.  I didn't mind Momma Maggie sticking up for her Egg Baby - that is better than having her stick up for Jenn, anyway.  DirtyDan, though, does not do introspection very convincingly.   But then neither does Jenn.  I guess the whole town will be wearing black to mourn the end of this relationship.  Let 'em.  They'll probably be wearing cake thrown by Sami and Kate before too long.

Minority opinion, I think.  I'm ready for Bev and that loser dude to hit the road.  Bev is obviously only going to remain a plot point and this storyline about taking down Paige so she can replace her with JJ is too dull for me.  And we already know the outcome. 

Paige is growing on me.  It's about time to have the "good" girl not also be a clueless twit, as they usually are.  It's rare these days that I automatically root for the good guys, but with Paige, I do.

So for me, a nice ending to a very good DOOL week.

Now I'm ready to see Eve make Jenn as miserable as she can, and for Jenn to turn as evil about DirtyDan as she did when she thought he was seeing Theresa - because you know she will.  And I suspect we won't be seeing Maxine until she can "Uh Huh" every single slander Jenn starts throwing Eve and Dan's way.  Cuz the Horton saint isn't really that nice of a person once you scratch that raccoon surface.

• Love 3
Just started watching today's episode and I'm struck by the venom Jenn and Hope have for Eve. I watched back then and I remember loving Charlotte Ross's vulnerable, love-starved, and tormented Eve. The relationship she had with Nick was tender and creepy at the same time, and does anyone remember when she sang Wind Beneath My Wings? I'll have to go remind myself why there's such animosity there.

Hope having animosity towards Eve makes no sense. Hope was either sailing around the world with Bo or "dead" during the years that Eve was in Salem previously. 

I too liked CR's as the character, and her dark romance with Nick Corelli. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I skipped the middle parts of the episode so I don't know what happened there, but the music that played when JJ met Eve in her state of undrees at the conclusion was a bit weird.

If Dr. Dan weren't around, I'd assume the show would be going towards an affair between JJ and Eve.

Edited by bantering
(edited)

Eve will have sex with both of them, and Jenn cares about having Dan care about her and be willing to listen to her lectures more than she cares about JJ or anything else.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 2

My first post here--YEAH!!   I remember watching the show when Eve and Jennifer were on and I don't remember them being in high school together and fighting over Frankie. Didn't Eve go to a private school at one point while she was trying to live down her prostitution job?  She lived at the mansion with Shane and Kim?  And when Jen was in hs she used to go out with Glenn but she liked Frankie and her rival was Sasha--anyone else remember this?

And I have a theory why Eve is so against Theresa and Paige getting to know each other--I bet Theresa did something to endanger Paige when she was a baby, maybe Theresa used drugs in front of her and that's why Eve is so angry.  I do think Theresa and Brady have potential as a couple and I'm truly looking forward to Eve and Theresa's scenes together, especially them reconciling.  Theresa needs another person on her side and it should be her own sister.

I also enjoyed Abby's being so shocked by Sami and Kate's food fight--she thinks she's in their league?  I look forward to Sami's squashing Abby like a bug.  And I loved Kate and Sami's fierce hug--Kate is a better mother to Sami than Marlena has ever been and that's the truth.

• Love 5
(edited)

Hi kitmerlot1213— I remember Glenn, Jenn’s old HS boyfriend too. He tried to pressure her into having sex with him but she resisted. I think he was jealous of Frankie.  Can’t remember how they wrote him out though.  He might have been gone though before Eve showed up in town. I do remember her living at Shane’s house where he had the secret communication room, but I don’t remember much of her in school with them either.  I think Eve was actually a little younger so she may have still been in high school when Frankie and Jenn started college.  I thought they knew each other because Frankie befriended Eve—perhaps around town somewhere.  I recall Sasha being one of Nick’s prostitutes too.  I remember at one point Frankie and Jennifer got tied up and held hostage by Nick as part of some storyline. 

It’s “interesting” (and I use that term very loosely) that the writers are focusing so much on Eve’s past with Jennifer/Frankie; yet when it actually aired a lot of Eve’s teenage storylines dealt with Shane/Kim/Gabrielle; Eve getting her face slashed by the knifer; and her involvement with Nick, her pimp. It’s not quite how they are making out their “high school” days to be now.  If I hadn’t watched back then I’d think that Eve was Jennifer’s high school bully who took her men away from her from the way it's been implied/presented.  But then that is the sad state of Days these days when everything is all about how the poor Hortons are victims. (Insert eye roll)

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 2
(edited)

I watched the food fight again, because it was funny watching Abigail stupidly trying to break things up, but Kate seemed to be throwing a lot of cake at Abigail. If I were her, I would have questioned why! I think Kate got in more shots than Sami did.

KDP and the guy playing JJ sort of played their scene as if they had an immediate attraction to each other. Granted, it was only a few seconds, but Eve looked kind of happy for JJ to see her in her bra and JJ kind of had that weird look in his face young guys get when they see an attractive older woman. Of course, the music didn`t help matters if the intent was to help sway me into thinking otherwise.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1
(edited)

After some internet checking to jog my memory, I’ve confirmed that the show is playing fast and loose with the history once again.

Frankie and Jennifer did not even go to high school with Eve!  Frankie graduated as valedictorian of their class in June 1987. Eve did not come to town till July of 1987 and she was only 15 or 16 then.  Frankie “met” Eve when he was in college working a teen helpline and Eve called in under a fake name. Later, Eve was actually the victim of bullying by a bunch of boys in her high school years, which was a story that involved Nick, her pimp.

Now that stupid fake high school year book picture bugs me even more since Eve would not be in their yearbook! So Jennifer can shove her pom-poms up her ass because Eve did not make her high school days difficult. If I can spend five minutes on the net refreshing my memory on the show’s history, the writers can be courteous enough to the viewers to do the same.

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 4

Eve did like Frankie which caused some issues for Frankie and Jenn, although Jenn created her own issues in their relationship thinking she was headed for crazy town like her mother.  Jennifer, I guess, was still holding on to her precious v-card waiting for Frankie when he lost his to the teacher running the teen hotline. Eve helped expose the incident without implicating Frankie, but Frankie confessed to Jennifer. So indirectly Eve tried to break them up. So Eve might have been a mild thorn in Jenn's side during Jenn's college years but she was not Jenn's high school tormentor.   I'd say it's more of the "poor me" syndrome that afflicts both mother and daughter Deveraux. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I remember when Jack and Jen got married and went to Disneyland on their honeymoon. An angry Eve followed them, something to do with not getting money from Jack in their divorce, and there was a funny scene where Eve caught up with Jack at Disneyland and confronted him. Jen could be seen in the background, happily filming the amusement park with a camcorder, and then she turned around and saw Eve and Jack. Cue dramatics. I love Kassie dePaiva, but could they really not get Charlotte Ross back? According to IMDB, all she's done this year is one episode on Nashville. It irritates me that they can't use old footage because of the Eve recast when practically everyone else who was relevant to Eve back then are still being played by the same actors or were last seen with the same actors.

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 1

I skipped the middle parts of the episode so I don't know what happened there, but the music that played when JJ met Eve in her state of undrees at the conclusion was a bit weird.

All the music on Days is weird.  After Theresa left Brady in the park and he pulled out his coke vial, they played something that seemed to be pulled from a terrible 70s drug dealer movie.  Obviously they needed to drum it into our heads that BRADY IS OUT OF CONTROL WITH THE DRUGS!  It was awful.  I wonder if they use music from old porn movies.  BOOM-chicka-WOW-WOW!

Eve taking a shower while leaving her front door wide open was the dumbest thing ever.  What woman does that?  

My first post here--YEAH!!   I remember watching the show when Eve and Jennifer were on and I don't remember them being in high school together and fighting over Frankie. Didn't Eve go to a private school at one point while she was trying to live down her prostitution job?  She lived at the mansion with Shane and Kim?  And when Jen was in hs she used to go out with Glenn but she liked Frankie and her rival was Sasha--anyone else remember this?

Glad you are here kitmerlot, we need you longtime viewers to help us decipher the insanity that is Days history.  That's disappointing that they have rewritten history AGAIN to create a story.  How hard would it be for them to google Eve/Jennifer and then write around that?  Eve was Jack's ex-wife - why can't they make Jen-Jen hate her for that? Or leaving town with her ex-beau Frankie? I don't understand why they had to go to school together for Jen to despise her.

But then that is the sad state of Days these days when everything is all about how the poor Hortons are victims. (Insert eye roll)

Oh, that's right.  I keep forgetting that Jennifer is a victim and everything bad that happens to her is everyone else's fault.  Of course, they had to rewrite history!

• Love 2
(edited)

I want Dan to have sex with Abby and then JJ. Maybe then Dannifer will be done for good. Then Dan can get a new girlfriend/boyfriend and Abby will become obsessed with him, leading to a murder-suicide. Jen will be so devastated that she downs an entire bottle of Midol and lapses into an irreversible coma.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 3
I wonder if they use music from old porn movies.

They did! Remember the kiss that lead to the cabin sex with Abby and EJ? That music just sounded like it was ripped from a porn soundtrack. 

• Love 1

I want Dan to have sex with Abby and then JJ. Maybe then Dannifer will be done for good. Then Dan can get a new girlfriend/boyfriend and Abby will become obsessed with him, leading to a murder-suicide. Jen will be so devastated that she downs an entire bottle of Midol and lapses into an irreversible coma.

Oh, LP, Be still my beating heart!  What imagery.  If only, oh man, if only......

But I want JJ to be okay.

• Love 1

love Kassie dePaiva, but could they really not get Charlotte Ross back? According to IMDB, all she's done this year is one episode on Nashville.

Charlotte Ross turned Days down because she had three projects going on. She went on Twitter saying as much. 

• Love 2

I figured Eve wouldn't like Theresa because she was raised by Shane while she was deprived of having a dad growing up till she was a teen. 

I'm surprised that the show wouldn't work around Charlotte Ross' schedule.  The show tapes six months ahead, I'm sure they could have pre-taped some scenes, or taped her scenes on days she was available.  It isn't as if they film the episodes in order or anything.

(edited)
I figured Eve wouldn't like Theresa because she was raised by Shane while she was deprived of having a dad growing up till she was a teen.

I certainly hope they explain the animosity (although no doubt it will be something lame) because the old Eve and the current Theresa would have been two peas in a pod. It would make more sense if Theresa learned her scheming from Eve.  

As for their raising, didn't Theresa complain that Shane wasn't around enough--off on ISA business a lot?  And it's not like Eve can blame Shane for not being around when she was growing up--he didn't know about her.  In fact, I seem to recall Eve being pretty good w/Andrew when he was a toddler. She didn't seem to hold any animosity towards him. It was all mostly at Kim. 

Edited by Peanut6711
(edited)

I really appreciate the background information on Eve from everybody and I looked up Frankie, too. I couldn't remember when he and Max were adopted by Sean and Caroline - 2007?  But that makes him Kimberly's brother by adoption, who is Eve's stepmother. (It also makes Max Chelsea's uncle by adoption because her father is Bo by Caroline and Victor, and they dated).  Eek.

I just figured out I remember very little about Eve after Nick Corelli because my son was born in 89 and CR left in 91 so I was busy :)  And the Von Lorschner family line bored me almost as much as the Colleen story. Maybe because they both involved John in some way, iirc.

Anyway, not to beat a dead horse but there are lots of people concerned about legacy characters like CR not coming back, and plenty of people who still don't know where Bo is two years later and want Patch and Kayla the way they used to be and when are Sean and Belle coming back, etc etc  That's what concerns me about the AS/JS departure.  People never forget when the lead couple leaves and viewers quit.

80's soaps were all about the supercouples and to some extent Days still is. There are Dannifer and Ericole shippers out there believe it or not...At least they left behind the couples' sex songs that made my teeth hurt like Tonight I Celebrate (Bo and Hope?).

The answer, of course is in the writing. We get unforgettable jewels occasionally such as MBE helping Caroline write her wedding testimonial, or  Justin being supportive of Wilson and slapping back his stupid wife. There could be so many back burner stories. Instead, we get Nicole following Eric around having the same conversation three times and Ejabs having the same conversation 12 times. Not to mention that damned gala.

As far as the Jen/Eve/Jack/Frankie four way, that went on for years so I understand the animosity Jen would have for Eve.  Fortunately Jen is in for an unhappy summer.  Unfortunately, we will have to see a lot of her sad-face and it's going to spill over onto JJ I'm afraid. 

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 4

Max dated all of his nieces.  On the other site, we called him Uncle Fucker.  Since he'd been off canvas for so many years, it was completely stupid to tie him so tightly to the Brady's.  He'd been in his room from about age 10 til his return in his late 20's, so they could have explained that in some way.  But no, they kept hyping the tight relationship, which meant that bio or not, he was the girls uncle.

• Love 1