Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

It's like she doesn't know how to react to situations that doesn't involve her being a slut, being judgmental, or looking smug. I mean she was shocked that Carrie slapped the shit out of her, which she shouldn't have been surprised at all. So if Sami goes upside her head with a shovel, she better not look shocked.

Not to defend Mansi's acting choices too much, but I think it's in character for Abigail to react with shock -- I am quite sure she thinks of herself as an innocent, ignoring all evidence to the contrary. Abigail can be judgmental and smug. I don't that's a failure on the actress's part, at least not solely. The writing, performance and direction don't really acknowledge what Abigail is; that's a problem. Mansi's interpretation of the storyline in the press comes off as wrongheaded to the point of inanity, but that's a bit of different problem. If the writing or the performance gave us some reason to think well of Abigail, this story would be unfolding very differently.

WHEN Lucas and Sami were being written for as a couple, they were written as toxic.

I really don't agree with this. Sami and Lucas weren't a couple at all for the longest, while they were doing all those horrible things to each other. Will's conception was such a one-off I don't think it even occurred to either one that Lucas could be Will's father for the longest. It was after they came through all that that they realized there was something there and got together, and for the brief shining moment we were allowed to have before show rammed EJ down our throats, I think it was pretty damn magnificent, with Lucas standing up to Kate and such.

I will always be bitter that I waited two decades for Lumi and show almost immediately blew it up for fucking EJ. 

• Love 4

Hey, folks - gentle mod reminder:

It's getting tense in here, so please lower the heat of the discussions. That's best done by staying on-topic (your own thoughts on the show, characters, actors).

Thanks.

• Love 2
(edited)
Considering that AS has been bringing it for the culmination of this storyline, I think it's going to be awesome.

I agree.  I’m glad AS is bringing it because JS has been phoning it in for a while, and the boring twit just needs to go away.  That’s another reason I’m happy Sami is getting scenes with Kate and Lucas.

I think the difference between Sami/Lucas and Sami/EJ, is that Sami and Lucas did not go back to being enemies after they divorced.  Sami and Lucas did some horrible things to each other, but they finally reached a point where they could co-parent and be friends.  Sami and Rafe also became friends once their marriage was over. 

Brandon was angry with Sami when he ended their marriage, however, when he returned to Salem, was still in love with her, but realized Sami wanted to be with Lucas and Will, he wished her happiness, and left Salem.

With EJ, even when Sami is in a relationship with him, he destroys her life.  They agreed to a clean slate, to no more lying or scheming against each other, etc., and EJ lied to Sami about Kristen/Eric.  EJ told Kristen if he covered for her and lied to Sami, he would lose Sami, and then EJ not only lied, he tried to make Sami believe the sex was consensual.  Then EJ cheated, and he was acting like all their problems were Sami’s fault.

EJ doesn’t love Sami.  He is obsessed with her, and wants to control her.  When Sami doesn’t act the way he wants, has an opinion of her own, disagrees with EJ, he screws around on her.  This is not the first time EJ has cheated.  EJ cheated on Nicole to.

I wonder if Sami is going to out EJ at the Gala, but EJ won’t realize Sami is the one who did it?

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 3
(edited)

It also doesn't help Abby/KM that JS clearly is just there for a paycheck these days. She's not a strong enough actor and Abby's not a defined enough characte to carry those scenes and in turn, for us to understand what the hell was supposed to have happened between them. The weird cutaway to EJ when Theo asked if Ben was Abby's boyfriend? It had to be there for a reason, but JS sure as heck wasn't giving us any clues as to what he was feeling and nothing he's done up to this point fills in any blanks. No wonder KM is confused. 

I agree that AS has been good this week.  Where has that been for the past 20 years?

I just realized that AS is a better actress when Sami is putting on an act. Maybe she should do that all the time?

Edited by shesajar

When KM interviews about what's going on in the story and why Abby is reacting the way she does, it is clear that KM does not have any clue or understanding as to what is really happening on the show. So I'm guessing she's making "acting" (haha) choices based on what she (KM) thinks is happening, not what we the viewers are really seeing. So I think KM's delusion is part of the reason everything looks so crazypants with Abby. Plus I agree with others that she is a one-note actress.

I would love to know how KM moved into such a place of prominence on the show.  She's not a fan favorite, her character is not very interesting, she's attractive but nothing special, she's not part of a supercouple - it really is a mystery to me why so much revolves around her now. Especially now with everyone making a point of telling her how beautiful she is and how saintlike - WTF is going on here?

• Love 1

For KM being so terrible and unbearable to watch she certainly takes up a lot of discussion doesn't she?

It's a truly new low on this show if we're left to AS to carry the story and "bring it" acting wise to keep a story going.

• Love 3

I know that for me, I'm mentioning KM in discussions because I'm confused by her character's reactions to the storyline she is in and I don't think that's a compliment to the actress. And I wish I knew why she's getting such prominence with all of her interviews--KM is certainly not living up to any hype that Days might be giving her.  

AS is doing quite well and I remember other storylines where she was wonderful as well--the scenes where Will was shot, and truly any scene involving her children have always been golden, so it doesn't surprise that when she's given something meaty to do, AS is fully capable of bringing it.  

• Love 5
(edited)

I would love to know how KM moved into such a place of prominence on the show.

Abby is a Horton and all Horton's are special little snowflakes and deserve to be front and center at all times.

It's a truly new low on this show if we're left to AS to carry the story and "bring it" acting wise to keep a story going.

I would take AS any day over whatever this is that KM is doing.

For KM being so terrible and unbearable to watch she certainly takes up a lot of discussion doesn't she?

Yes, KM and Abby are so terrible that it warrants this many posts mentioning how terrible they are.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 4

I'm not sure the discussion is very flattering to either the character or the actress.  I know when I posted about her Dumbo ears, I thought about how hurtful that would be to KM, but then I remembered she was delusional and she would probably think I was really talking about AS/Sami.

• Love 1
(edited)

That's probably because 90% of those who have a problem with KM feel that way because she's currently competing (poorly and not of her own doing...blame the writers for that) with the show's darling Ejami and Ali Sweeney.  

Sorry, but AS is no stellar actress.  I'm not saying KM is some Emmy winning actress, but AS isn't either.  In fact, far from it.  I can watch this show and immediately know her facial expressions before she does it.  

Just sayin....she's not the one I'd be comparing KM to when it comes to acting choices and story carriage.  I find her to be boring, one note and terribly predictable.  All 3 should be the kiss of death to an actress who isn't particularly pretty either.  But AS had the fortunate circumstance of being brought onto the show and given meat the minute she came on as Marlena and Roman's messed up kid.  It's just too bad she never progressed out of that character description.

Hell, I even knew she'd whip out her gravely Batman voice impersonation the minute Rafe showed up to arrest EJ yesterday.  Yes....well played AS....*rolls eyes*

Edited by CaughtOnTape
(edited)

Maybe there wouldn't be some many posts about Abby/KM if she weren't on 13 times a week.

Sorry, but AS is no stellar actress.  I'm not saying KM is some Emmy winning actress, but AS isn't either.

What does AS have to do with KM? I'm sure some of the people are are criticizing KM also have a negative opinion of AS too.

That's probably because 90% of those who have a problem with KM feel that way because she's currently competing (poorly and not of her own doing...blame the writers for that) with the show's darling Ejami and Ali Sweeney.

Abby was worthless and forgettable long before this affair happened. It was just that before she was kept in the closet so we didn't have to see her as much.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 4

AS is doing quite well and I remember other storylines where she was wonderful as well--the scenes where Will was shot, and truly any scene involving her children have always been golden, so it doesn't surprise that when she's given something meaty to do, AS is fully capable of bringing it.

She is good in family scenes, she seems very natural in them. The problem is that she's not nearly as good when it comes to the romantic heroine stuff they've been doling out for her.  Or the high drama scenes where I'm supposed to take her seriously, not like an over the top, spoiled brat,  drama queen (Julie, I'm looking at you. With love.) This is the first time in years that I am enjoying AS as Sami because she's showing a certain amount of vulnerability without all the hysterics (the scene alone just before the wedding) and I can overlook AS's uncomfortable, stilted delivery because that's just how a character who is "acting" herself would behave.  I wish the show had played to AS's strengths these past few years.

• Love 1

How about everyone take five on KM? You think she's awesome or horrid, we know. No need to continuously go back and forth on the issue. Find something ELSE on the show that you love/hate. ;) 

<3

• Love 2

Exactly, when a charcter is on for the majority of the week and involved in a primary story that character will be talked about. Especially if character is gonna come between a soap "supercouple". If Abby was on the backburner she wouldn't be talked about a lot just like Victor and Stefano. Barely on so we can't talk about them until we see them.

• Love 3

Sami's wedding dance had 4 people watching? Pathetic. If she had EJ arrested after all he's saved her from she looks psycho and still same old Sami. Hasn't changed a bit. 

She'll end up with EJ anyways, so all this is for nothing because she'll never give up his money and power.

She'll end up with EJ anyways, so all this is for nothing because she'll never give up his money and power.

I thought the end game was for her and Kate to wrestle the money and power from the Dimeras?  I agree with you that if this whole gambit ends up with some kind of lame ending, I'm gonna be mighty disappointed.  Personally I would like for Sami to ditch everyone in Salem including her current and former loves and realize that she can do just fine on her own.  Then she can come back someday with her shit together and her kids happy and well-adjusted.  HaHaHa - like that would ever happen on a soap.

• Love 3

If she had EJ arrested after all he's saved her from she looks psycho and still same old Sami. Hasn't changed a bit.

After everything EJ (and Stefano) has done to Sami, begging his father to turn over the evidence in the Bernardi case is the very least he could do. Especially since his father is the one who set up the situation in the first place. Him cleaning up the river crime scene was moot since Nick still managed to hold it over their heads. The two times EJ has tried to help Sami don't outweigh the eight years of bullshit he and his father put her through. Her revenge against EJ is a very long time coming.

• Love 3

Why are we supposed to be on Jenn's side in Eve's lawsuit? Eve married Jack to get HER inheritance, which Jack used to save the SPECTATOR. So it was her money all along. If all she got out of the annullment was a promise of half of Jack's "long form" income (which he expected to be $0) and then he actually wrote a successful book, she should get her share. The "veterans" will still get their half, and Jenn, JJ and Abigail don't lose anything!

And not that it matters, but Eve is planning to use the money to pay for her surgery so that she can go back to her singing career and to send her daughter (JJ's girlfriend) to Stanford. Both of which seem like worthy projects.

• Love 9
(edited)

After everything EJ (and Stefano) has done to Sami, begging his father to turn over the evidence in the Bernardi case is the very least he could do. Especially since his father is the one who set up the situation in the first place.

Stefano didn't make or set up Sami having a gun in her purse, nor set up her pulling the gun out and shooting someone in the back first instead of doing a normal thing like yelling for help in a public and full hospital. Sami chooses to shoot people in the back first and that wasn't Stefano's doing. Sami put herself in that situation herself for Stefano to control it.

I thought the end game was for her and Kate to wrestle the money and power from the Dimeras?  I agree with you that if this whole gambit ends up with some kind of lame ending, I'm gonna be mighty disappointed.

It will be lame of Ejami going off together somewhere based on them both leaving shortly from each other. Which is making all this now pointless, a waste a time and stupid. She'll end up back with him and he'll take her back too. 

Sami hasn't gotten the part of the story where EJ was trying to shut up Abby from another crime Sami had committed. 

Edited by Artsda
(edited)
What does AS have to do with KM? I'm sure some of the people are are criticizing KM also have a negative opinion of AS too.

Good question.  However I've seen her acting choices, facial expression choices and other things compared to her quite a few times.  Whether it's Sami and Abby compared or AS and KM compared.  So you'd have to ask those who started the comparing.

Edited by CaughtOnTape

As far as differences between KM and AS, I haven't been watching long enough to make a real distinction. However, in regards to the storyline they are both involved in, the differences are clear.

I know exactly where Sami is coming from. I don't even have to read interviews to know this. Sami is fucking pissed. Sami is out for revenge and Sami is going to twist the knife as much as she can. That much is made very clear.

Meanwhile, I have no idea what Abigail is supposed to be feeling from one scene to the next because they don't seem to mesh. She seems awkward and uncomfortable, okay, I got that... that works. But I don't know the rest of it... does she want EJ? Nothing seems to be clear here... she's telling him she wants nothing to do with him after the wedding, then looks jealous as all get out whenever he says anything loving about his soon-to-be bride... but she knew he was engaged from the start and he's also the one who turned down her offer to be his mistress because of his alleged love for his family. So does she want him to choose her anyway despite his not giving her any indication that he's remotely torn about his decision? If that's the case, I suppose her bitterness after he was arrested makes sense but it just doesn't go with this 'Oh dear, I'm afraid I can't control myself around this man I desire' vibe that she gives off 50% of the time around him.

Sami's motivations are clear and that comes through on the screen for me. Abigail's aren't remotely clear. Perhaps it's all in the writing but, at the same time, KM is giving interviews that just muddy the water even more for me. I'm utterly lost in regards to what she's about.

• Love 5
(edited)

There are not enough words to describe how much I DO NOT want Sami to stay with EJ, get back together with EJ, forgive EJ, etc.  This round of Sami/EJ is not any different than all the previous ones.   EJ does not love Sami.  The fact that EJ would joke to Sami (a woman he raped and had Fake Rafe rape) about Kristen drugging and raping Sami’s twin brother Eric tells me EJ has no love or respect for Sami whatsoever, and I would rather see Sami destroy EJ than cry over the worthless spineless selfish lying cheating rapist loser.

I’m enjoying watching AS and LK because they are entertaining together, and because they are obviously having fun with this SL.  I thought AS and BD did really well in their scenes to.

The interviews make everything that much worse because all of the “There is more to the story, there are more shocking twists, something else is going on, blah, blah, blah,” are not true.  It’s very simple.  EJ cheated on his fiancée.  There is nothing mysterious about it, it's not the first time EJ has cheated, and it probably won't be the last.

I want Kate and Sami to crush EJ and Stefano because I want the Dimeras gone.  I also think it would be very fitting if after decades of torturing the Bradys and other people in Salem for no reason, Stefano lost everything including his remaining children and grandchildren.  EJ can die.  Kristen can be in prison or on the run.  Chad can want nothing to do with Stefano.  Abe and Sami won’t let Stefano anywhere near Theo, Johnny, or Sydney.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 3

EJ does not love Sami.  The fact that EJ would joke to Sami (a woman he raped and had Fake Rafe rape) about Kristen drugging and raping Sami’s twin brother Eric tells me EJ has no love or respect for Sami whatsoever, and I would rather see Sami destroy EJ than cry over the worthless spineless selfish lying cheating rapist loser.

The writing shows more EJ loving Sami than Sami loving EJ, it shows EJ deserves better not really Sami. Sami didn't care about Eric's rape that much, she put on a show of stomping around but actually taking a stand to do something about it, she couldn't be bothered because she didn't want to give up being lady of the manor. 

Sami also is a rapist herself, she did the exact same thing that Kristen did. It's right that EJ point that out to her.

Whether it's Sami and Abby compared or AS and KM compared.  So you'd have to ask those who started the comparing.

I know that I'm loving everything that AS is doing with this storyline.  I like the little pep talks she's giving to herself, I'm liking all of the double-edged answers she keeps giving to Abby and EJ both.  All in all, I think AS has been wonderful while KM's decidedly one note.

I just realized that JJ and Paige are graduating from high school in July.  I know that the crappy winter weather here in the Northeast forced the kids to attend school well into late June, but graduation day right before the 4th of July?  YIKES!!

Wasn't it a treat to see three generation of smug Horton women right in the square today?  Maggie, Jen and Abby--what an absolute treat.  Eve can definetely hold her own against all three.

• Love 2

I just realized that JJ and Paige are graduating from high school in July.  I know that the crappy winter weather here in the Northeast forced the kids to attend school well into late June, but graduation day right before the 4th of July?  YIKES!!

I hadn't thought about it, but you are right. I've learned not to pay much attention to time on soaps.  None of it makes sense to me.  The way characters transport themselves to different locations in a matter of seconds, the way something can happen in the day, but then someone else talks about how it's night already, people show up to work whenever they feel like it, drinking in the morning, etc, etc.  If I think about it too much, my brain would explode.

(edited)

Maggie, Abby and Jen are so selfish. They couldn't even keep their mouths shut long enough for JJ and Paige to enjoy their graduation with no drama.

This revenge scheme is coming along quite well. I knew EJ would be pathetic enough to keep the river evidence so he could use it against Sami one day.

Marlena can save her fake worry about Sami.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 4

We could make fun of Daniel's acting. I'm not sure if anyone is bothering to sit through his storyline though. The only way I think I could watch him is if they pulled EJ and Sami into his orbit. However,  I couldn't even sit through his scenes that aired during the Ejami wedding episode. I skipped over Jennifer just because she's connected to him. Otherwise, I'd make fun of their acting too. I did see some dramatic hugging, but didn't care whether they were trying to resolve their issues or not.

• Love 1

Like fuck you are Mar, worried about the kids my ass cause your facial expressions or lack thereof showed otherwise. Mar and Roman go away, your support is too little too late. Couldn't even bother to show up at her wedding and rather sit at a restaurant and play cards and throw shade at that blonde woman. Great parenting, you two should write a book.

I'm loving Sami in this storyline and I really do hope that Sami and Kate succeed in their plans. Is Stefano gonna show up? He's been off screen for a while. Is there anything wrong with the actor?

I know Abby isn't talking about Eve being a stone cold bitch? Really, Miss I want to be the Mistress. Did she put Sami's feelings into consideration? Did she put Sami & EJ's children into consideration? Like I said, she likes to be on point when she's all in judgmental mode, like she has any room in that thimble like brain of hers to be judging anyone. IDK why she changed clothes, she could have went to JJ's graduation in what she had on previously. Another reason why people will barely like Abby.

Jenn sure as hell does act like a picklepuss (love that name whoever came up with it), just souring the mood with this ridiculous rivalry. Jenn doesn't get the picture that Eve and the veterans will equally get the money. So there's really no problem and nothing for Aidan to make "go away". Of course Jenn, nothing is ever your fault. You're always the injured party. SMDH. Someone find a crowbar and whack her upside the head with it.

I'm gonna find that "Eve" music and break it. Eve is no better either, cause she didn't have to mention the lawsuit, but she couldn't help herself. Making the day no longer about her child either. Just being over the top and stank as well.

Rafe was just a little annoying, being a little too smug. I know EJ deserves whatever he gets but I just found Rafe annoying today with that smug grin. Can we replace him with a more interesting cop who has a personality?

Now that they've graduated can we say goodbye to Rory, Bev, and Mary Beth? Three useless people that don't add anything to the show.

• Love 4

There Abby goes again calling other women names without thinking of herself. If she didn't keep doing the same stuff all the time, I wouldn't be bringing it up. And yes, Abby is the focus now because things are coming to a head with her storyline. I know I've complained about propping of Daniel and EJ as Will's father figure to high heaven, so it's more about propping in general for me. There has been an unusually high percentage of Abigail propping by other characters recently so it's just her turn to be complained about. It's happened with Rafe and Melanie as well. The interviews and the storyline itself are just extra annoyances for me.

• Love 3
(edited)

People compare Nicole and Sami all the time. Or Sami and Carrie. Or Sami and Kate. Or Sami and ....whoever else. Sami even gets compared to other guys like EJ and Lucas.

I guess I don't see the difference when it happens between Sami and Abby. Whenever two characters are adversaries they get compared. It's sort of inevitable when they're in each other's line of fire. I'm not getting why Abigail seems so obtuse compared to all of other Sami's adversaries though. I don't think Carrie lacks THAT much in self-awareness. Actually, I think Carrie is self-aware, but, like Sami, tends to put on a front. But at least the front drops in private. What's weird about Abigail is that even in her most private moments she's kind of stupid about what her actual personality is like. It's both funny and  somewhat irritating. But definitely a combination of both.

Once Sami is gone, Abby will probably go back to being irrelevant, unless we find  Melanie so annoying we find ourselves  ragging on Melanie and possibly praising Abby for not being Melanie.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

Is the graduation in July a product of the shooting schedule that's five (nearly six) months ahead? Or is it just the writers don't care that sometimes a day takes the better part of two weeks to unroll in Salem, and a criminal arrest, trial and verdict can flash by in a matters of weeks, if not days? The timeline of the show has been messed up for years.

(edited)

Rafe and Hope have more chemistry with each other than Hope and Aidan.

The show is still playing that weird moaning music whenever Eve's name is mentioned.

Did Jennifer discuss Eve with Abigail? How does Abigail know who Eve is?

Can't Jack just come back from the dead and settle this stupid dispute?

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

What's weird about Abigail is that even in her most private moments she's kind of stupid about what her actual personality is like. It's both funny and  somewhat irritating. But definitely a combination of both.

I think Abby has some mental issues. She suffers from extreme delusions of grandeur, selective amnesia, high levels of narcissism, and is entitled for absolutely no reason.

• Love 4
(edited)

Did Jennifer discuss Eve with Abigail? How does Abigail know who Eve is?

During the show yesterday (or whenever Jennifer was on last, I don't remember when) Jennifer walked up to JJ and said "I spoke with your sister about Eve this morning and now I'm coming to you" or something along those lines.  

But yes....Abby's a complete bitch for having a conversation with her mother off camera.

Edited by CaughtOnTape
(edited)

I just noticed that Abigail was looking at Eve with a certain stare, but I couldn't figure out how she knew who Eve was. But if it was discussed during a Jennifer scene, then, yeah, I wouldn't have known about it. I've skipped Daniel and Jennifer's looks of pain. No thanks on that.

Edited to add:

I do also think it's strange that Jennifer is discussing her high school rival with her kids. I figure Jennifer could ask her kids what's up with them instead.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

I love how Sami's facial expression changes as soon as she walks away from EJ.

I wonder if she'll convince EJ to give her a power of attorney.

I wish we knew what Kate's doing to get at Stefano.

I really don't like Rafe's gloating.

• Love 4

I posted a bit of this in the spoiler thread, but I don't see Eve as a 'bad' person. Even though I started watching from around 1993 onwards, my understanding is that Jack and Eve had a mutually beneficial idea to marry and it makes sense that if Jack was using Eve's money that she would stand to benefit down the line. What they should have done is resurrected Jack and have him have a real thing with Eve just so Jen and Abs could go ballistic. I find it so interesting that Sami tries her best to save Will's ass, but he can still badmouth her along with Abby while Abby shows so much loyalty to Jen, hating people on her behalf, when her mother doesn't even keep up with what's going on in her life. Will even prefers to empathise with how Sami's adversaries must feel, like he did when Gabi was pregnant. I just think Abby and Jen's relationship is weird. Jen acts like a teenager (looking at yearbooks!) While Abby acts like the mother (who acts grown up but doesn't grasp that men from mob families hire hitmen occassionally).

• Love 2

I do also think it's strange that Jennifer is discussing her high school rival with her kids. I figure Jennifer could ask her kids what's up with them instead.

Jen doesn't care about what's going on in her kids life, clearly. Maybe if she did she would know her daughter is a freak. And she has to talk to them about her problems because she has no friends.

I find it so interesting that Sami tries her best to save Will's ass, but he can still badmouth her along with Abby while Abby shows so much loyalty to Jen, hating people on her behalf, when her mother doesn't even keep up with what's going on in her life. Will even prefers to empathise with how Sami's adversaries must feel, like he did when Gabi was pregnant.

I almost wish Sami and co would have just let Nick steal Ari from Will. Maybe it would serve him right. He will take any opportunity he can get to defend anyone over Sami. I bet he will have the nerve to defend Abby and EJ too when they're exposed. He wants to be a Dimeria so bad.

• Love 2

Jennifer is so pretty, but the fact that she always seems like she's on the verge of a nervous breakdown every time a new lady she doesn't like comes into town really takes the shine off of her.

I can't stand Abigail, but I feel as though Jennifer ought to notice what's going on with her.

• Love 1

So do you guys predict that Sami and EJ will be back together by the time they leave the show, or do you think this latest drama marks the end of their pairing? 

I'm hoping Sami will leave town alone or with Lucas and somehow they managed to keep BD's departure under wraps. Realistically, I'm preparing myself for Sami and EJ to end up together because these writers are repetitive and terrible.

• Love 2
(edited)

I want to know if EJ will grow a brain before he leaves (or dies).

There's always Brady to make the rest of the men of Salem seem not quite as dumb. Nonetheless, even the presence of  Brady can't disguise how dumb EJ seems right now.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

Why are we supposed to be on Jenn's side in Eve's lawsuit? Eve married Jack to get HER inheritance, which Jack used to save the SPECTATOR.

Has this even been mentioned or is it conveniently being ignored to show Eve as being selfish.

Wasn't it a treat to see three generation of smug Horton women right in the square today?  Maggie, Jen and Abby--what an absolute treat.

Absolutely insufferable.  Please let Eve, Jennifer and Maggie be present when Abby's affair with EJ is outed. 

• Love 2

While I would absolutely hate it, I think idiot Corday, and the idiot writers might put Sami and EJ back together again.  I don't know what they were going for with this SL, but what they have shown is that even when they are supposed to be a couple in love, they are still at war, and EJ still ruins Sami's life.

KDP doesn't seem like Eve to me, but I'm on her side in this.  She and Jack had an agreement, and if it holds up in court as being legal, Eve has a right to what is hers.

• Love 1
(edited)

It seems Eve is legally entitled to the money (assuming she's not lying).

Having said that, it's not as if Eve is going to start a prostitute business where she's the head madam. Therefore, I do find Jennifer's agitation about Eve a bit weird, if there is a legal entitlement for Eve to have the money.

The one kind of agitation I would understand is if Jennifer loved Jack so dearly that she couldn't understand why he'd leave money to another woman, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. Jennifer seems to have forgotten she was deeply in love with Jack. Since she appears to feel some distance from Jack, her anger over Eve wanting to use the money for her surgery and her kid's education seems odd.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

Absolutely insufferable.  Please let Eve, Jennifer and Maggie be present when Abby's affair with EJ is outed. 

What a joyous day in Salem to have the three Horton Harpies stalking the Square.  If Julie was there, the picture would be complete.  And how lovely it was to listen to Maggie be her usual loving self.  It wasn't more than a few days ago when she told her idiot step-grandson Brady, when they were discussing his drug and alcohol use, that she never judges.  Cuz she's such an evolved and loving person, dontcha know.  Yep, she never judges.  Yet she managed to slam Sami twice without drawing a breath before Abigail told them that EJ had been arrested.  And she looked ready to snark some more before Eve diverted that Hag Convention to other matters.  I want to like Maggie but she shoots that down every time she opens her mouth.  FREE VICTOR!

The one kind of agitation I would understand is if Jennifer loved Jack so dearly that she couldn't understand why he'd leave money to another woman, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. Jennifer seems to have forgotten she was deeply in love with Jack. Since she appears to feel some distance from Jack, her anger over Eve wanting to use the money for her surgery and her kid's education seems odd.

I think Jenn's motivation in this isn't her love of Jack or his memory, but more so she can bask second-hand in the glow of his donation to the vets.  After all, she's the one left standing to garner all the thanks for it.  One of the more mystifying things about Jenn being put on a pedestal by the other Horton Horrors is that in reality Jenn does very little to benefit anyone else.  She talks the talk but rarely walks the walk.  She's great at looking pained and put upon, and even better at acting out the part of someone bearing up under unfair persecution, but it's all such an act.

And then there's her best pupil, Abigail, who has learned all the same tricks at her mommy's knee.  Trouble with Abigail is that what she really looks like is an entitled, fairly dumb princess who is scared by people shen thinks might be smarter than her.  And just like her mom, she acts out and disses anyone who she's threatened by.  She only does that, of course, when she's not either stalking some married man or torturing some guy dumb enough to be attracted by her Fievel the Mouse in drag looks.

When Eve was talking to that gaggle of mutated geese in the Square all I could think of was  TONE IT DOWN.  I figure she knew she didn't stand a chance with that group, especially since she's sueing for her share, and even more so since she didn't go hat in hand to beg Jenn for what (most likely) is hers.  Her real crime is not letting Jenn be Lady Bountiful.  Now when she got Paige home and talked to her about JJ, I bought where she was coming from.  Of course she's wrong about JJ, but based on what she's heard her concerns are appropriate.  I like the reality of her and Paige's relationship in scenes like that. 

Poor JJ!  Gotta love his snarky "What a great day! comment after he found out Eve and Theresa are sisters.  But then once again he  is apologizing to Jenn for being such a horrible kid.  And yet we never hear Jenn tell him that she's sorry she dumped him in a boarding school in ANOTHER COUNTRY, and basically forgot about him after Jack died.  Jenn has a lot of empathy for her own problems but seemingly very little, and even less patience, for anyone else's, including her kids.  There's an unhealthy vibe with Jenn and her kids.  They both seem to required to tell her on a daily basis what a great person she is.  I don't think the emphasis in the Deveraux household is on smarts, though, considering what we've seen with mother and daughter in particular.

Ah, Sami.....every day in every way she's making EJ's life a living hell and best of all he doesn't know it yet.  LOL when she answered the door and saw Marlena and Roman there, probably the last people she expected or wanted.  And what b.s. that they were there to help - they wanted cake.  And then Hope shows up - and she NEEDS cake.

Good day in Salem, good day!

• Love 2