Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

As far as the Jen/Eve/Jack/Frankie four way, that went on for years so I understand the animosity Jen would have for Eve.  Fortunately Jen is in for an unhappy summer.  Unfortunately, we will have to see a lot of her sad-face and it's going to spill over onto JJ I'm afraid. 

You mean we're in to see more of Jenn's neck straining and seeing more of that skin tone atrocious lipstick always turned up in a frown. She'll probably tell JJ to break up with Paige because Eve is her mother.

• Love 3

Max dated all of his nieces.  On the other site, we called him Uncle Fucker.

Now you owe me a keyboard!  I just remembered Stephanie (Patch and Kayla) was involved too.  Stephanie also dated that boring Dr. Nathan (Maggi's grandson by Melissa that boes was asking about).

Melissa showed up for Christmas a few years ago, but we've only seen Sara's (?) ornament hung up every year.  It would be so great to bring back as many characters as possible for the Christmas shows, they always make me tear up.  And Julie only deserves to come back once a year.

• Love 1
(edited)

A lot of what Eve "did" to Jennifer sounds like child's play compared to, uh, Nicole, so the idea of Eve and Jennifer hating each other this much in their late 40s sounds somewhat funny to me. Other than Eve marrying Jack (which I think he agreed to  for his own reasons and could have said no to) and telling Jenn that Frankie slept with his teacher and overall being a bit snarky to Jenn (though who isn't), what did Eve do? Sounds like she didn't do anything even as weird as Abigail sleeping with an engaged guy or getting into a  married guy's couch with only her underpants on.

Young Eve really doesn't sound that bad compared to what we've been treated to from other female characters in this decade, even the "good" ones.

She seems like a person who truly enjoys money, but hasn't gone as far as Teresa in getting it (i.e sleeping with high school boys and then trying to blackmail older guys about the same info). Even if she sues for the proceeds from Jack's book, it sounds like it might be done through regular legal means rather than some wacko plot where she's either blackmailing people or killing them. When she married Jack, it doesn't even sound like it was done solely for the purpose of torturing another female, though that might have been a fringe benefit -- sounds like she did it to get her hands on her inheritance. All of what she's done, while it might be ethically challenged in some ways (because it hurt Jennifer's feelings?), sounds, uh, actually logical for getting what she wanted to achieve from a material point of view. Did she even consummate her marriage to Jack? Sounds like they didn't even do it.

Nonetheless, under this present regime she'll probably become a wacko who has sex with JJ for one night, and then becomes so obsessed with how good a 20 year old was in bed that she'll do anything and everything possible to be with him, including throwing her daughter under the bus. But based on the present history, Eve doesn't sound as bad as the other females who have made Jen's life miserable. I guess the fact that Jen could have been friends with Kristen (after she had made it blatantly obvious that she was the psycho of all psychos) but hates everybody else who is much less worse, and with such conviction,  sort of baffles me. I know Kristen never did anything to Jennifer directly, but there are some people you just don't remain friends with no matter what, and Kristen is one of them!!!!

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5

There are no friendships on this show except ones contrived for the moment, and they will promptly be thrown under the bus for an even more inexplicable friendship or relationship.

Wasn't Jenn the idiot who said she didn't believe Theresa could change, but she was all for giving psycho Kristen another chance?  So far, Theresa hasn't done anything that comes close to all the crimes Kristen has committed.

• Love 1

Yes, Bantering you have basically nailed it. Eve never did anything major to Jenn. A lot of it was young adult “I like him, but she has him, what can I do to get him” in regards to Frankie. She didn’t trick Frankie into sleeping with his teacher/boss at the hotline. In fact Jennifer lead him to that after she basically broke up with him after she became convinced that she was turning into Laura. Eve didn’t even tell Jenn, she just got the story exposed about the teacher and then Frankie told Jenn his role in it.  Eve certainly wasn’t all up in their lives like Abigail is to EJ/Sami.  Her core storyline going on at this same time was about her trying to become a part of Shane’s life/make him love her. She probably schemed more against Kimberly than she did Jennifer.  She wanted a family and when she found out Gabrielle was her mother, she tried to get them back together. Eve was something like a little girl lost—even her prostitution days were more like something she naively got involved in and then couldn’t get out of.  She eventually had a very intricate relationship with her pimp, who started out a sleazy jerk but eventually came to have deep feelings for her. It was all the workings of a dark romance story.  Nick left her money but she had to be married, hence the union w/Jack. This is about the point I started tuning out but from what I gather—yes Jack did it of his own free will and for his own benefit to get the money.  So if Eve now sues Jen over Jack’s book and gets it back, more power to her.  Other than that I have no idea why the NuEve comes off so snotty. (The cracks about cousin Joan, etc). That honestly wasn’t Eve back in the day so again the writers are playing fast and loose with the characterization.

I’m not sure if Eve ever consummated her marriage to Jack but if Jennifer is going to get balled up about the women that Jack slept with then she’d have to resent her own cousin Melissa who was involved with him prior to her, Kayla that he raped, and some town prostitutes (not Eve to my knowledge) because during the Riverfront Knifer case Jack admitted that he frequented prostitutes after he raped Kayla and she left him for Steve.

So basically it looks like we are in store for a summer of "poor Jenn" the victim as the writers rewrite the past and concoct some ridiculous story that further drives down their ratings.

• Love 4

Other than that I have no idea why the NuEve comes off so snotty. (The cracks about cousin Joan, etc). That honestly wasn’t Eve back in the day so again the writers are playing fast and loose with the characterization.

That's disappointing that they've changed Eve's character so much.  I think I would have been much more interested in watching the person you all describe from the past than another scheming evil person out to ruin Jennifer and sleep with Dr Dan.  

You guys have a good point about Jennifer forgiving Kristen but can't get beyond some slights 25 years ago.   Ugh, just one more reason to hate her.

• Love 3

Meanwhile, we've so far seen that "evil" Eve has raised a daughter with common sense who judges people on their merits and doesn't fall for every trick and is going to Stanford.  "Pure" Jen has raised a daughter who made a half hearted attempt at Salem U that seemed mostly focused on getting her prof to sleep with her and break up his marriage.  

• Love 12
Does Kim hate Eve? If they don't get along I would imagine that would cause problems for Kim and Shane?

I’m not sure the status of their relationship when they both exited the show in the 90’s, but in the beginning it was very rocky.  First Eve hated Kim because she believed Emma (Shane’s ex-wife who hated Kim) was her mother and then later when she found out her mother was Shane’s former and current partner, Gabrielle, Eve tried to reunite them. Shane did have feelings for Gabrielle and at one point, Kim left and they had a trial separation.  At one point they (Kim, Shane, baby Andrew, Eve, and Gabrielle) were all living at Shane’s house after both Eve and Gabrielle were both attacked by the Knifer. I think the worst part of Kim and Eve’s relationship came when Kim (a former prostitute herself) tried to help Eve one night Eve was working prostitution and had a rough/violent client. Somehow Kim got pushed or something and lost the baby she was carrying. She was pretty far along and devastated. (I believe PP was pregnant in real life and that’s how the show handled her maternity leave with Kim leaving Shane for a while after the incident).

(edited)

I think Nu-Eve comes across as a bit hyper compared to the refresher clips I've seen of the younger Eve on Youtube. The younger Eve had a certain vulnerability to her.

I think KDP can act but I wonder if she'll be able to play the vulnerable part well. I could sort of imagine KDP as a re-cast Kristen (I don't know if that's because of the height and the confidence with which she speaks).

I liked Jennifer when I was a kid, but even in those old clips Jennifer gets riled up so easily.  Eve was snarky, but other than saying a few critical things about Jennifer there wasn't really much of anything to get so heated about. Well, at least  compared to what we see today from some of the women on the show. Jennifer wasn't annoying to me then, but I guess even then she had a thing with hyperventilating if someone said something a little mean to her (which is nothing compared to how Nicole, Sami, and Kate talk to one another -- although maybe people used less bad words back then?). I think Eve mentioned Jennifer's "wide eyes", which I guess was supposed to be shade, but even that seemed like a bit of a compliment about Jennifer's beauty -- not the words we saw Abigail hurling at Chloe!

I wonder if back then a few people might have shipped Eve and Jack.  They were both good at snarkily bantering with each other.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1
(edited)

I agree, Bantering--KdP could do Kristin much better than Eve. Eve did have a vulnerability to her and CR played it well. She did not have good adoptive parents and that set the stage for her trying to find her real parents. Between falling into teen prostitution and then the scar she got on her face, she did not fit in with the other teens. Nick manipulated her in the beginning but they eventually softened and redeemed his character, and he fell in love with her and helped her. She was not necessarily nice to the people she saw as threats but she very much cared for Shane and her mother and even Andrew as her half-brother.  She did not seem to resent him even though he was Kim's. So they'd better come up with something good for why she dislikes Theresa other than she's Kim's daughter.  

I suppose this was the Eve/Jenn flashback scene they horribly tried to recreate last week???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM_ovGnmo3c

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 1

I am not remotely worried about KDP playing vulnerable. She was certainly more than capable playing it as Blair... So much so that I went from actively hating Blair to absolutely loving her in a heartbeat because of said vulnerability. She can do it... The question will be when it will actually come out... The writers may not want that at first.

We'll see but I have no worries about Kassie being able to play all the beats. That isn't the problem it's what the writing and show runners will want from her.

• Love 5

I have no knowledge of KDP outside of Chelsea Reardon on GL, and I'll take everyone's word that she's good, but so far, she's just not Eve. I concede that it might have as much to do with the writing as it does the actor, but Eve was one of my favorites, and was involved in some of my all time favorite storylines, so it's a tough sell so far. I'm trying to give it time.

• Love 1
(edited)

How long has Daniel been on the show? It seems as though he's been through a bajillion love interests. And now he gets one more...

Sami has  been on the show 21 years and Daniel is a more recent addition, but it almost seems as if  the number of people they've been paired with is the same.

I'm kind of surprised Hope hasn't fallen for him yet.

Edited by bantering

I've been insisting for months that one of the few things that would bring me back to the show is Sami and Kate scheming together, so I caught up on the past week and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I only saw a few minutes of oldBen and couldn't have cared less, but I'm kinda interested in nuBen. I can't remember a new character grabbing my interest so strongly since Sonny. That said, I am not including his scenes with Abby in this rating, because Abby isn't even fun to watch despite being a character I love to hate. Definitely agree that Ben and Jordan have more chemistry with each other than anyone else. Show, just go ahead and Go There, seriously, what do you have to lose. I know Jordan was never scintillating but it really makes me depressed just how boring and bland she's become post-glasses. I used to actually kinda enjoy her and Rafe because they talked about football, which made them seem more like real people you might care about to me. Most soap characters just talk about who they want to screw either literally or figuratively.

I vaguely remember hating Eve during her first run, but I was both extremely young and a big Kim fan, so I doubt I'd be anti-Eve on a rewatch. I watched PP OLTL and absolutely fell in love with KdP but wasn't sure how I'd feel about her as Eve. After this week I'm cautiously optimistic. She doesn't really make me think "Eve" but I'm also not very attached to Eve so it may be easier for me to accept her. My favorite bit of her performance was the discussion of not lending Theresa money, which also made me warm to Paige.

I do remember the details of the Jack/Eve marriage because I was obsessed with Jack and Jennifer: Nick had left the condition in his will that Eve could not inherit from him until she was married to someone Julie approved of. She and Jack got married because she wanted to get the money and Jack needed the money to save the Spectator. Julie knew it was bullshit but okayed it anyway because she wanted to prove to Eve that money couldn't make her happy (and was probably scared of what Eve might do if she didn't). I seem to remember a wedding night with clothing drunkenly thrown around, if that rings a bell with anyone, though as I said I was very young so I may have misinterpreted. You'd never believe it now, but in the early '90s Julie was a major voice of reason.

Anyway, I'm preemptively calling bullshit on Frankie being Paige's father, even though I'm sure they're going to Go There (and I'll get over it if it involves bringing Billy Warlock back). Frankie and Eve both are Brady-related and something like that could not have stayed a secret. Also, I refuse to believe Frankie is a deadbeat dad.

Normally I would automatically be on Nicole's side against Marlena, but I just can't, as much as I love Nicole. Being a Nicole fan sucks.

My favorite part of the Dannifer breakup was all the "I cannot believe your shit" faces that Daniel kept making.

Anyway, between callbacks to the early '90s (even if they're inaccurate) and Sami/Kate scheming, I feel like it's a good time to be back.

• Love 6

Definitely agree that Ben and Jordan have more chemistry with each other than anyone else. Show, just go ahead and Go There, seriously, what do you have to lose. I know Jordan was never scintillating but it really makes me depressed just how boring and bland she's become post-glasses. 

It would certainly be something new and, considering some of the other nonsense on the show, not that far-fetched.  Can you imagine the derp face Rafe would make if he found out about Jordan and Ben's Flowers in the Attic relationship? Has any soap ever done sibling incest?

And ITA about post-glasses Jordan.  Before she lost the glasses, she seemed a bit mysterious and occasionally would make abrasive, unexpectedly snarky comments to Kate or whoever, but now she's the sweet thing in love with Rafe and it is beyond boring.  I don't even get the point of the character except to give Rafe someone to coo over.  Bleh, who cares?

Normally I would automatically be on Nicole's side against Marlena, but I just can't, as much as I love Nicole. Being a Nicole fan sucks.

It really is hard, isn't it?  I used to love Nicole (but more AZ), but they've really ruined the character for me.  Now I just want her to die and AZ to come back as Nicole's bitchy, confident lookalike cousin who won't give Eric the time of day.

And again, why would the Bishop want Nicole testifying about the evidence clearing Eric's name?  She's the one who destroyed it and lied about it - why on earth would the Bishop think she would be truthful about what she found? Why would anyone expect her to be forthcoming and truthful?

• Love 2

. Being a Nicole fan sucks.

My favorite part of the Dannifer breakup was all the "I cannot believe your shit" faces that Daniel kept making.

Being a Nicole fan sucks.  It does, doesn't it?  I counted myself as a Nicole fan but right now I'm a Nicole-fan-in-retreat.  Until she's done with this ridiculous obsession with a plaster saint AND gotten some serious blowback for what she did to Eric I have to just whistle and look the other way. 

Although Dan is no catch - unless someone wants to catch an STD - it looked like he was waking up from some sort of walking coma an thinking "I've been with THIS for how long now??  NO WAY".  Of course it must have made it easier for him to end it with Jenn considering she was dressed up in her Bozo-goes-to-Clown-Church outfit.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think Nicole is boring. Annoying too. But really, really boring right now. The boringness is my bigger complaint. Her brand of scheming is kind of lame.

I think she's a little similar to Abigail in that she's not a full on whack-job. Therefore, how can she possibly be this dumb? Though, unlike Abigail, her praises aren't sung to the sky. So there's that. But all that blubbering when you know what you're doing is wrong seems pointless to me. When it comes to this brand of selfishness, you  either do things like Kate or don't do them at all. There's a bit of insincerity to Nicole right now which I didn't think she had before. Maybe if she was more like Kate  and was all "Yeah, I did what I wanted...what you gonna do about it" instead of all this fake remorse, I'd be less inclined to find her dull. Because she essentially is like Kate anyway. Maybe she had some humanity once upon a time, but I don't think she's had any in this storyline so she might as well own it.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

This is why I don't understand how a show so badly written wins Emmys at all: if the viewership is left with only a choice between Boring Whiner and Whack-Ass Nutjob, how is that worthy of an award?

I, too, have like Kassie de Paiva since she played Chelsea Reardon, but she's not anything like the Eve I remember. Why bring back a character, invent a rivalry with Jennifer that never truly existed, cast someone else completely unlike the actress who played her, only to have her "fall" for Dr. Leather McGropington? No, thanks.

• Love 4

I think Nicole is the weak link in the the Nicole/Eric pairing. Sure Eric is boring but Nicole isn't exactly exciting herself. Eric's boringness can be fixed but Nicole is boring on top of being stupid, pathetic, and annoying.

• Love 2
(edited)

Putting Eve in Dannifer’s orbit already makes her boring to me and FF material.  Poor KDP.  Right out of the gate, she is stuck in a lousy SL.

I’m really tired of all these selfish idiots who claim undying all consuming love for someone who they then proceed to stab in the back.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 3

I have to take everyone's word regarding Eve being different but since it's been 20 years since this character has been seen I can be okay with a character being different. The retconning of her history with Jennifer? That's more of a problem and I really hate when soap writers do this because they should know better than anybody that soap fans remember shit. I mean, Theresa bears no resemblance to what a daughter of Shane and Kim should be... with the completely different name and stories about being raised with no money (?!?) -- even I know that's bullshit and I'm totally new to this show!

KDP is capable of amazing things. She got a lot of shit writing over the years at OLTL and somehow always managed to portray the heart and soul of Blair when writers could clearly not give a shit because it was always about Todd's Manpain. It really kind of depends on what she gets here... she doesn't have the long term connection to Eve yet but they have given her a daughter and I think that's a good step. Eve obviously loves Paige a lot and wants to protect her. That gives KDP room to work her Mama Magic. And, I've got to be honest, I loved her 'I'm going to need a drink before dealing with that one' in regards to Theresa. I think she will do good work. It's on the writers if they aren't being true to the character. Actors can only do so much.

I feel for you Nicole fans, I really do, because that is some straight up bullshit that they pulled there. I'm a Todd/Blair fan from OLTL and, believe me, that was no picnic and even though Todd pulled some heinous shit (the Dead Baby Lie being right at the top of that mess) this Nicole stuff seems harsher to me. It's 'Oh, yes, I'll do anything to help you because I love you sooooo much!' that leads to full on stabbing him in the back. I don't even get the point of it from a writing standpoint. I weirdly understood Todd pulling the DBL on Blair even if they didn't follow through with the very real ramifications and the callbacks to his own history but what Nicole did to Eric and then continuing this by basically purposefully living down to everyone's expectations of her... with no acknowledgement that that's what she's doing. 

I mean, if she were monologuing about how Eric believed in her but now he doesn't so she'll just go ahead and prove how unworthy and untrustworthy she is just to spite him and his family even more... that would be one thing. It'd be stupid but it would be somewhat understandable for a self-sabotaging character. As it is, is she going to step up and prove everyone wrong by telling the truth for the first time ever? That even loses it's luster because she's the one that put herself in this mess in the first place by completely betraying Eric.

I don't get it.

• Love 3

The producers and showrunners must know the genre is dying, and the fact that the remaining fanbase has a long and detailed collective memory is discounted; what matters is making whatever money remains to be made. The patience and loyalty of the audience isn't so much taken for granted as undervalued. Ken Corday knows perfectly well that soap fans are more likely than most to know the history of their show(s) -- he also knows perfectly well that the internet exists, with videotape evidence of the how the older stories ran. I'm not convinced he cares.

(edited)

invent a rivalry with Jennifer that never truly existed

I wouldn't say it never existed.  Watch some of the old clips.  Eve was one of the few people in this town who told Jennifer what was up.  She didn't buy her "Poor wittle me" act and told her so...several times.  I won't go so far as to say she hated Jennifer, but I wouldn't go so far as to say the rivalry never existed either.  Eve frequently got in Jennifer's face.  Especially after Eve married Jack.  

Edited by CaughtOnTape

Do the writers not know how to write people to act like their age? Jennifer acts like she’s in kindergarten—what was up with the line “Oh good I have a new friend!” as she skipped off thinking about getting a new BFF with her son’s girlfriend’s mother?  While at the same time Paige and JJ are probably 18 now and care way too much what their parents think of their dates.

STFU Jennifer! Eve was not your “nemesis in high school!” She didn’t even go to high school with you!

Is hypocrisy a viral illness that is heavily in the air in Salem?  Why is Eve acting like she is so much better than everyone else or that she never committed any criminal offenses??? I certainly don’t recall Eve being like this.

Was the sex bad for Kate because suddenly after she sleeps with Rafe she decides that she’s okay with Jordan having him after all these months???

• Love 3
(edited)

I wouldn't say it never existed.  Watch some of the old clips.  Eve was one of the few people in this town who told Jennifer what was up.  She didn't buy her "Poor wittle me" act and told her so...several times.  I won't go so far as to say she hated Jennifer, but I wouldn't go so far as to say the rivalry never existed either.  Eve frequently got in Jennifer's face.  Especially after Eve married Jack.  

But it wasn't primarily about a love triangle with Jack, was it? Am I mis-remembering?

STFU Jennifer! Eve was not your “nemesis in high school!” She didn’t even go to high school with you!

I knew this bit felt off.

Maybe Kate wasn't so much realizing that sex that time with Rafe was a mistake, but remembering how boring it was on previous occasions?

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 1
(edited)
But it wasn't primarily about a love triangle with Jack, was it? Am I mis-remembering?

I guess I would say that in the past Eve pushed Jennifer’s buttons. Jenn definitely didn’t care for Eve and the feeling was mutual. But there was no high school rivalry as Jennifer was already graduated before Eve came to town.  So this whole yearbook thing is silly and (IMO) comes off making Jennifer look even more petty dwelling on long forgotten problems of the past (since Jenn does not know Eve is back in town yet) when she has enough in the present.  As for the Jack/Jenn/Eve “triangle”—I have problems with Jenn making too much of that either seeing as how Jack willingly agreed to marry Eve (he wasn’t drunk or blackmailed). He saw what he could get out of it (the money to buy the newspaper) and he went for it. Seems to me that Jenn’s issues would be more with Jack than Eve.  Same as Jenn’s problems with Frankie were the result of her own issues.  But then we all know how the Horton’s like to blame other people for their problems.

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 2

It wasn't a love triangle by any means.  Jack hated Eve.

At the height of the Eve/Jennifer rivalry, Jack and Jennifer were apart because that was when Lawrence had raped her and she'd mistakenly called Jack a rapist.  Jennifer had confided in Frankie about the rape, so there were a lot of scenes where Frankie was comforting Jennifer that Jack or Eve walked in on that ended up looking like they were together.  Eve took that to mean that Jennifer was stringing both men along and therefore went after Jennifer a few times.  

So yes, there was a rivalry.  But it wasn't a love triangle.  And I don't think that's what this story line is trying to portray.  I think they are just saying that Jennifer and Eve didn't like each other and that will flare up now because of Dan.  So it may become a love triangle....but OMG I hope not.  Who the hell wants to see that again?

Kate maybe worried her plan with Sami will go off track if her romp with Rafe is revealed, or if Rafe is free.  Kate wouldn’t want Sami to run back to Lucas or Rafe to soon.  Or Kate might not want Rafe digging to much into why Gabi killed Nick.  Or my personal favorite spec is Kate wants Sami for herself, and finally sees her chance.  It looks like Kate/Sami may be meeting up for regular updates, but also so Kate can keep Sami steady, on track, and calm.  Sami has given EJ every chance to tell the truth, and he hasn’t.  I hope she fries him.

• Love 1

T get new friends if Abby is a dear friend of yours.

GMAFB on the ladder fall. There was nothing romantic or fantasy about it. KM isn't watching what we're watching.

Jordan and her raggedy constipated faces are just stupid and laughed at Kate telling her that she's using one word syllables.

Kate and Sami need to meet somewhere more private instead of a park. Might end up being their downfall.

'Oh my god, I'm making a new friend' could Jenn sound more ridiculous. Excited over getting a new friend cause she doesn't have any. Jenn has no life outside living up Dan's hairy ass.

Eve is annoying now, might need to reign it in and stop acting like a teenager. Writers better not go there with JJ since he's flashing back to Eve in her bra. Already went there with Abby.

• Love 2

Sami’s comments to Abe about how Roman and Marlena feel about her wedding, she doesn’t have any family left, and to Kate about how this plan better work – Sami is angry at not just EJ, but herself to for defending EJ to her family, and for choosing to be with him in the first place.  EJ is lucky Kate has a plan otherwise I think Sami might have shot him in the head again, or somewhere else.

• Love 1
(edited)

Man, Abigail has such an annoying face. Why does she do that thing with her face (that thing where it looks like she might roll her eyes) when people are talking?

Abigail should have taken the big-time "out" of the wedding Sami gave to her today. Especially after T kept dropping hints left, right, and center that something seems off about Sami asking Abigail to be his wedding planner. Stephano has competition from T - T is the one who really knows all!

And why is EJ inviting Rafe to the wedding? Because of Gabi's churros?

Edited by bantering
she'd mistakenly called Jack a rapist.

How did she mistakenly call Jack a rapist? He was one! (Not hers, but someone else's)

Jack hated Eve.

Jack didn't look like he hated Eve too bad in the scene I saw where she throws out the idea of them getting married. He looked like he saw dollar signs and a way to save his newspaper.  He certainly wasn't in love with her or even in like with her but he saw a situation that would benefit himself and went with it.

• Love 1

I like to also point out how absurd Paige sounded saying how much range Eve has R&B, rap, indy, pop, etc. I call straight up bs, Mariah Carey doesn't have that much range so highly doubt Eve does.

• Love 2
(edited)

The show will probably have JJ do it with Eve so that Abigail can lecture somebody.

Then Eve will probably do it with Dr. Dan afterwards.

Are the show's producers directing the two actors to act out their scenes in what seem oddly flirty for a guy hanging out with his girlfriend's mom? Eve had to know she was sitting kind of funny.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

I thought Paige was talking about music that was on in their house -- music that her mother liked, rather than music she could perform credibly. I thought Jennifer's comment about "range" was dumb; but I guess we were meant to think that Eve can sing anything and everything, Gold help us.

I couldn't even make it to the "Dun dun dunnn!" moment where Paige reveals her mom's picture to Jennifer. That's how boring I'm finding the show.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm just grateful Eve finally figured out JJ is a Devereux.  That thing where characters come thisclose to discovering some important truth every five minutes for two weeks is among my least favorite soap tropes.

"I've never mentioned this chick I went to high school with before, but let's devote an afternoon to talking about her!  Don't you want to see her picture?  Don't you?"

"What's his last name?  I need to know his last name!  I will literally combust if I don't learn what these Js are about!"

"I've just got to see a picture of my son's girlfriend's mother because we're going to be BEST FRIENDS."

*Dun dun DUN*

Edited by Ladybyrd
  • Love 4

Also don't forget how convenient it was for Paige's cell phone to act up when she's trying to fiddle through her photo gallery. It was also stupid for the writers to have JJ & Paige be so hesitant to tell Eve JJ's last name. When Eve asked JJ he avoided saying his last name like he has some terrible secret other than his past which isn't as bad as the other people in Salem has done. Do we really want to list the things JJ have done compared to EJ, Sami, Kate, Stefano, Victor, Brady, even his raggedy sister Abby. I just hate how JJ has to feel low about his past when everyone else in Salem just walk around like they're so damn innocent.

• Love 4

I thought when she asked JJ his last name he paused like it was a hard question.  Maybe he forgot.  Maybe he was doing long division in his head because he was confused, ala Joey Tribiani.  

• Love 2