Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

49 minutes ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

It's funny that Disney+ ALSO has a show of that name about a washed-up college basketball coach disgraced after a tantrum at a big game who ends up as a coach that a girls' high school.  That show just dropped. John Stamos plays the coach.

Three guesses as to which will be a more successful venture...

• LOL 13
  • Love 3

For these reasons, Bethenny just might move to Boston.  What will happen with Bryn will be interesting.  Does she need Jason’s permission?  I don’t know how that works.  Do they have fifty fifty?

Jason may very well have retained the right to determine where Bethenny lives with Brynn. She blamed him for forcing her talk show to be located in NYC because he wouldn't allow Brynn to move to LA.  

I can't see Bethenny living in Boston.  I lived in the North End and Back Bay and I can say that Bethenny doesn't have that Boston vibe.  It's more low-key than her big, fast-talking, loud persona.  It's a bit more reserved, a LOT more intellectual and more New England than New York.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
54 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

The Big Shot trailer.

Well, she's right about being a clown and the g*d d*mned circus 😄

This is a Devil Wears Prada remix in episode format. Except Bethenny is no Miranda Priestly.

• Love 11
29 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Well, she's right about being a clown and the g*d d*mned circus 😄

This is a Devil Wears Prada remix in episode format. Except Bethenny is no Miranda Priestly.

All rolled into one loooooong Skinnygirl commercial.

• LOL 6
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

The Big Shot trailer.

I don’t subscribe to HBO Max and can’t imagine doing so for this, but I will definitely read all your comments and snark.

The trailer was 90% Bethenny of course.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9
On 4/21/2021 at 8:13 PM, AuntieDiane6 said:

It's funny that Disney+ ALSO has a show of that name about a washed-up college basketball coach disgraced after a tantrum at a big game who ends up as a coach that a girls' high school.  That show just dropped. John Stamos plays the coach.

I can tell you which one my son and I started watching last night.  😂.  Mama can’t say no to some Stamos.  

Man she looks thin in those clips.  I know she is, but it’s always jarring to see the skin and bones.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

Bethenny should have taken a page from LVP and Kim Z's shows. Have it set at the Skinnygirl offices, with her babysitting a bunch of pretty but vapid bed-hopping group of employees, all while carrying a (Skinnygirl branded) red solo cup.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8

Hence me saying she should have taken a page from her book lol

I mean, I don’t expect her to, but some Bravo formulas seem to work better than others if you want to last longer than 3 seasons.

Edited by Hiyo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Bethenny Frankel Is Back on TV Because ‘I Know What People Want to See’

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/23/arts/television/bethenny-frankel-the-big-shot.html

What do we get wrong? What don’t we see?

What people probably don’t realize or believe is I am the most private person that I know, which is the craziest irony. I’m private about moments and experiences. I’m more of a homebody than anybody that I know, short of someone being agoraphobic. I do not leave my house and I do not put on hair and makeup unless I’m being paid to.

• LOL 23
11 minutes ago, divsc said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/23/arts/television/bethenny-frankel-the-big-shot.html

What people probably don’t realize or believe is I am the most private person that I know, which is the craziest irony. I’m private about moments and experiences. I’m more of a homebody than anybody that I know, short of someone being agoraphobic. I do not leave my house and I do not put on hair and makeup unless I’m being paid to.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Not even her parts are private.

If she knew what people wanted to see, her talk show would still be on the air.

From the woman who runs around naked in front of camera crews and does a spread eagle to state

22F99ED0-6F55-4859-941F-D97569498D82.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 14
On 4/25/2021 at 4:45 PM, divsc said:

On 4/25/2021 at 5:00 PM, Stats Queen said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Not even her parts are private.

If she knew what people wanted to see, her talk show would still be on the air.

From the woman who runs around naked in front of camera crews and does a spread eagle to state

22F99ED0-6F55-4859-941F-D97569498D82.jpeg

I seem to recall seeing this very private woman pee on a stick and at a separate time, in a bucket...

• Useful 1
  • Love 22

The loft has been on the market almost a month, no contract yet. I guess not surprising considering the asking price and the current state of the housing market in Manhattan. Obviously Ryan Serhant knows what he's doing better than anyone, but to go from $4.2M to $6.9M (renovation notwithstanding), and listing during the pandemic, it seems like a high ask.

Greenwich is also still an active listing, no contract yet @ $3.375.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Obviously Ryan Serhant knows what he's doing

It was mildly interesting to me that Frankel used a Bravo connected realtor to list this property, considering that we've been led to believe that her incestual relationship with Bravo/Andy Cohen was bruised by the way she terminated her latest stint with the show.  I get that he is supposedly very good, but there are dozens if not hundreds of very good realtors in greater NYC. 

Bravo, she just can't quit you.

https://realestate.usnews.com/agents/new-york/new-york/

https://top10ofnewyork.com/realtors.html

https://www.expertise.com/ny/nyc/real-estate-agents

Note - I would imagine there are affiliations and/or ulterior motives related to these lists, but not for nuttin', I haven't seen Ryan Serhant's name yet.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

It was mildly interesting to me that Frankel used a Bravo connected realtor to list this property, considering that we've been led to believe that her incestual relationship with Bravo/Andy Cohen was bruised by the way she terminated her latest stint with the show.  I get that he is supposedly very good, but there are dozens if not hundreds of very good realtors in greater NYC. 

Bravo, she just can't quit you.

Totally, and I think going with Serhant was specifically intended as a massive FU to Fredrik.

ETA: Depending on how long it remains on the market and how far down they have to go in price, we'll see who has the last high kick.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
Just now, RedDelicious said:

Totally, and I think going with Serhant was specifically intended as a massive FU to Fredrik.

You know, I hadn't thought of that, lol.  If true, then she's more interested in axe grinding than successful real estate transactions. 

pfffft

• Love 12

She just keeps getting better and better.

From US Magazine:

"This is such an authentic need for me. So why would I not capture this as a great show? I lucked out that this is a pandemic and a time where people are really struggling for employment opportunities,” the businesswoman says in the latest issue of Us Weekly.

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/bethenny-frankel-promises-nothing-is-off-limits-in-new-show/

Her show should be boycotted just for that comment alone.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

Since I'm on this all-day walk down memory lane:

I love how she says she's not really into double platforms and the gray suede is her one moment of that. And then a minute later she pulls a huge patent Mary Jane double platform out of a box 😆

Here she is pointing at her E.T. toe, in double platforms. With Kyle.

E.T. phone home

ETA: I'm pretty sure those are The Container Store shoe boxes. They are amazing, I buy them by the case and use them to organize everything.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 4
On 4/7/2021 at 8:08 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

HOMELESS!  ORPHAN!  RAISED BY WOLVES!  SOMETIMES WE HAD FOUR MERCEDES IN OUR DRIVEWAY!  OTHER TIMES WE HAD A FOLDING TABLE!  MY ! MOTHER! WAS! A !  MODEL!  MY! FATHER!  RAISED!  HORSES!  

So I'm watching "The Big Shot with Bethenny" premiere and she's doing it AGAIN.

"My work ethic comes from my money noise as a child.

There was a lot going on.  I never knew what was happening next.

Going from being broke to having 6 cars in the driveway to gambling debts.

This whole action hustler lifestyle made me want stability and security."

This is word for word.  See.  I didn't even exaggerate!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 8
  • Love 6

Okay I’m bored out of my mind tonight and I was gardening all day and can barely move, so I’m hate watching The Big Shot.  I’m just shortly into episode 1 and now this makes sense:

“Bethenny Frankel Buys $2.1 Million Greenwich Estate In CT, See Pics Of Inside The RHONY Alum’s Beautiful New Home”

This is the flip house she is currently selling.  It is also where episode 1 of the show is being filmed.  It’s where all the initial contestants are congregating.  I couldn’t understand why she bought this home and was doing a flip. Now I know.  The only other thing I can say so far is that she is looking really rough.  She turning 50 in this episode and I would say her face looks 60.  

7C378601-A257-4C23-BBB2-A8BCDDBBCEDE.jpeg

Edited by Emmeline
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7
33 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

Okay I’m bored out of my mind tonight and I was gardening all day and can barely move, so I’m hate watching The Big Shot.  I’m just shortly into episode 1 and now this makes sense:

Bethenny Frankel Buys $2.1 Million Greenwich Estate In CT, See Pics Of Inside The RHONY Alum’s Beautiful New Home

This is the flip house she is currently selling.  It is also where episode 1 of the show is being filmed.  It’s where all the initial contestants are congregating.  I couldn’t understand why she bought this home and was doing a flip. Now I know.  The only other thing I can say so far is that she is looking really rough.  She turning 50 in this episode and I would say her face looks 60.  

We have a forum for the show!  Come join us! 

https://forums.primetimer.com/forum/4825-the-big-shot-with-bethenny/

• Love 7

I haven't watched the show yet (don't know if I want to), but from Variety's review and the comments here and in other articles, it sounds like it is an HR nightmare!!  Sounds like more of Bethenny's vitriol and verbal abuse, blanketed under "humor". 

Who would actually want to work in that type of toxic environment?  

There are some slight parallels here between Bethenny and Scott Rudin - who was so verbally abusive to employees/assistants, etc.  Bethenny may want to watch herself and her comments - it wouldn't surprise me if we see a lawsuit filed against her in the future by former employee(s).

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

Why does this famewhore keep saying that she's private? She tells everyone everything and is constantly on social media. Her latest overshare involves how she got engaged. No one needs to know that.

It’s so weird that she keeps claiming that she is private. I mean most days I know what she eats for breakfast. How do I know this? Instagram. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 15
17 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

This whole action hustler lifestyle made me want stability and security."

Nothing says stability like moving houses every 2 years.  And changing partners every 2 years.  

• Useful 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Her latest overshare involves how she got engaged. No one needs to know that.

And what a classic Frankel tale it is: 

https://www.etonline.com/bethenny-frankel-talks-fiance-paul-bernons-simple-and-beautiful-proposal-no-makeup-no-manicure

"Their divorce, which Frankel calls "the hardest experience of my life," wasn't finalized until March 2021."

"While news of her engagement became public in March, Bernon actually popped the question more than a month before that. "It felt like a strange thing to announce," Frankel says. 

Maybe it felt strange because - call me crazy! - you once again became engaged to marry a man...while still married to another man? 

Edited by film noire
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Why does this famewhore keep saying that she's private? She tells everyone everything and is constantly on social media. Her latest overshare involves how she got engaged. No one needs to know that.

On her new show she claims that she knows nothing about social media and that social media is her Achilles' Heel.  Giiiiiiiiiiiirl you are on social media more than anyone.

6 hours ago, njbchlover said:

There are some slight parallels here between Bethenny and Scott Rudin - who was so verbally abusive to employees/assistants, etc.  Bethenny may want to watch herself and her comments - it wouldn't surprise me if we see a lawsuit filed against her in the future by former employee(s).

I forget what the actual quote was, but she said something very close to "I can be loud, inappropriate, and abrasive" but the person who works for her cannot.  Recipe for disaster much?

• Love 12
7 hours ago, film noire said:

And what a classic Frankel tale it is: 

https://www.etonline.com/bethenny-frankel-talks-fiance-paul-bernons-simple-and-beautiful-proposal-no-makeup-no-manicure

"Their divorce, which Frankel calls "the hardest experience of my life," wasn't finalized until March 2021."

"While news of her engagement became public in March, Bernon actually popped the question more than a month before that. "It felt like a strange thing to announce," Frankel says. 

Maybe it felt strange because - call me crazy! - you once again became engaged to marry a man...while still married to another man? 

And also claimed to be engaged to a dead man?

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)

Bravo aired RHof NY Season One today - and they aired Three recently. Both with Bethenny.

Three being Beth's last in round one, Kelly B, Scary Island, Jill good bye, et al.....

I'd like to re-visit Season Two. 

Question for anybody: whatever happened to Beth's relationship with Jason #1 (bald Jason). He seemed like a nice guy. Yes, divorced with couple of kids. I recall at the time, Jason had some employer problems due to his appearance on the RHof NY show ? Didn't he get legal on them because they fired him ?

But what broke the Bethenny/Jason #1 relationship up ?

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 4
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Bossa Nova said:

Bravo aired RHof NY Season One today - and they aired Three recently. Both with Bethenny.

Three being Beth's last in round one, Kelly B, Scary Island, Jill good bye, et al.....

I'd like to re-visit Season Two. 

Question for anybody: whatever happened to Beth's relationship with Jason #1 (bald Jason). He seemed like a nice guy. Yes, divorced with couple of kids. I recall at the time, Jason had some employer problems due to his appearance on the RHof NY show ? Didn't he get legal on them because they fired him ?

But what broke the Bethenny/Jason #1 relationship up ?

As I recall she was putting the heat on him to move in together and get married and he wasn’t taking the heat. Especially after he got canned for his association with the show. 

I think the apartment she went to look at with Jill was for Jason 1.0 and his children to live in, not for Jason 1.0 and Bethenny. I’m pretty sure that was a filming setup. 

ETA: I think I’m going to have to Peacock season 2 tonight 🍎

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Bethenny’s season 2 implants are bigger than my head. Also by a show of hands, who remembers the S on the end of Skinnygirl? I didn’t! It was Skinnygirls! Before Alex’s attempt at rebranding and the ponytail logo.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 4/28/2021 at 4:03 PM, RedDelicious said:

Did they fall out? I know they had a show together I didnt watch, Is it still on? 

On 4/27/2021 at 12:02 PM, DeeplyShallow said:

I seem to recall seeing this very private woman pee on a stick and at a separate time, in a bucket...

The best I’ve seen her do is ask Red Scarf Guy, who she just met, if he wanted a B.J. while sitting across the room.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5