Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, chick binewski said:

Oy. A Ramona/Bethenny contest...I find Ramona's narcissism less refined, but I also tend to give her a little leeway bc I think her split from Mario really rattled her. I believe she was silently putting up with cheating until he behaved so blatantly it became impossible, and this was not how she pictured she would enter her 60's. I believe the same about Lu - both she and Ramona completely fail any test of self-awareness so their efforts to cover up how miserable they might feel fall short. They're both extremely invested in what they perceive as their social standing and I just cannot understand any female out of high school who has patience for that crap. But I felt (up until the last couple of seasons) like somehow their substance could be resurrected.

Bethenny is obviously image-first in the way that people are who constantly tell you what they are, whether or not that narrative fits the reality. But I don't see any understanding or heartache there. I know everything we've heard, every crying jag we've seen. And I know all women express themselves differently. But I've never watched or heard Bethenny approach anything with real kindness. I don't mean being generous - I mean just stopping and not hijacking a situation as her own. I do believe Jill had a bit of motherly consideration for her friends, but what Bethenny accused her of - keeping score and not letting anything go? I believe Bethenny leads with that and that's why I find her so much harder to watch than the other two.

Sonja, as delusional as she is, may as well be on the moon at this point. 

Perfectly stated. I adore and agree with every syllable of this post. 

• Love 5
On 10/25/2019 at 6:03 PM, chick binewski said:

Oy. A Ramona/Bethenny contest...I find Ramona's narcissism less refined, but I also tend to give her a little leeway bc I think her split from Mario really rattled her. I believe she was silently putting up with cheating until he behaved so blatantly it became impossible, and this was not how she pictured she would enter her 60's. I believe the same about Lu - both she and Ramona completely fail any test of self-awareness so their efforts to cover up how miserable they might feel fall short. They're both extremely invested in what they perceive as their social standing and I just cannot understand any female out of high school who has patience for that crap. But I felt (up until the last couple of seasons) like somehow their substance could be resurrected.

Bethenny is obviously image-first in the way that people are who constantly tell you what they are, whether or not that narrative fits the reality. But I don't see any understanding or heartache there. I know everything we've heard, every crying jag we've seen. And I know all women express themselves differently. But I've never watched or heard Bethenny approach anything with real kindness. I don't mean being generous - I mean just stopping and not hijacking a situation as her own. I do believe Jill had a bit of motherly consideration for her friends, but what Bethenny accused her of - keeping score and not letting anything go? I believe Bethenny leads with that and that's why I find her so much harder to watch than the other two.

Sonja, as delusional as she is, may as well be on the moon at this point. 

Getting dumped at or near 60 for some/many women is devastating. Starting your life over when you planned on golden years and memories with one life mate is heartbreaking and soul crushing. Starting over? Creating a new life? It can be overwhelming. While I don't like Ramona at all (I do find her amusing on the show) I have to give her and Luann credit for picking up and moving on with a lot of dignity (well as much as these two sows can have). They don't bash their exes. They basically aren't drunken messes a la Sonja and they aren't bitter angry spiteful shrews like Bethenny. I am not saying they are good people either.

• Love 14
On 10/25/2019 at 5:03 PM, chick binewski said:

Oy. A Ramona/Bethenny contest...I find Ramona's narcissism less refined, but I also tend to give her a little leeway bc I think her split from Mario really rattled her. I believe she was silently putting up with cheating until he behaved so blatantly it became impossible, and this was not how she pictured she would enter her 60's.

Ramona really liked to rub people's faces in her marriage to Mario in the early seasons.  She was a witch to Lu when Lu was getting divorced.  Ramona felt superior to others because she was married, she thought her husband was better than everyone's, and she lorded it over people.   She was a mean, cruel person then and she still is a mean, cruel person now.  So I have less sympathy than I otherwise might for someone in her shoes.

Bethanny is needy and toxic on almost all levels.  Some of the time she admits how horrible she is, so that can be a redeeming factor. Ramona, despite all her fake apologizing, does not possess the self-awareness.  So, I think Ramona wins the most heinous contest.

• Love 16

Did anyone see the pics of B and Bryn dressed up as policewomen for Halloween?  B's costume is skintight and Bryn is posing just like Mama.  I really worry about how that kid is gonna turn out with B as her mother.  All I could think of was raging narcissism. 

3 hours ago, Normades said:

Did anyone see the pics of B and Bryn dressed up as policewomen for Halloween?  B's costume is skintight and Bryn is posing just like Mama.  I really worry about how that kid is gonna turn out with B as her mother.  All I could think of was raging narcissism. 

I thought the exact same thing when I saw the pictures.  Can’t Bethenny take her daughter trick or treating without sexing it up and making it all about her.  How about wearing jeans and a sweater like a regular mom.   I’m sure Bryn must have made her selection of costume but it was a little ho hum.  Of course this is coming from someone who can barely figure out what the trick or treaters at my door are dressed up as.

Edited by Emmeline
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

I saw the pictures, I thought it was cute how the emoji sunglasses matched Bryn’s costume, LOL.

IMO, the picture with Bryn posing looked like she was just hamming it up for the camera, as kids are wont to do. The other two Bryn pictures are her holding a dog and holding Bethenny’s hand. Looks like they had a good Halloween.

Edited by link417
Bryn, not Bryan
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

I think their costumes are great.

I don't see how Bethenny was sexing it up. 

She's wearing a jacket and long pants

She was posting pics of her favorite past costumes on Instagram leading up to Halloween, and this year’s skin-tight cop outfit is downright demure compared to something like her angel costume, LOL.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, link417 said:

She was posting pics of her favorite past costumes on Instagram leading up to Halloween, and this year’s skin-tight cop outfit is downright demure compared to something like her angel costume, LOL.

Thanks for the clarification.    I don't follow any HWs or celebrities on social media so I only saw the picture posted here.   IMHO no one should be surprised that a reality TV personality would post pictures dressed in a sexy costume.   

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 10/18/2019 at 11:49 PM, SweetieDarling said:

Does Wendy identify as a feminist? Does she claim to empower women? Because, isn't this statement the opposite of much of what the movement stands for? Double standards. Even on Below Deck this week, one of the female stews was told by a male deck hand (with a crush on her, and in whom she had no interest) to smile more. She mentioned, afterward, how no one ever goes up to a man and says "you should smile more". BTW, her retort "You should be funnier" was epic.

It doesn't matter if it was her son or daughter, it was wrong on many levels, and the fact that they both found it amusing, and that Beth chose to post it on social media, is, imo, disturbing.

I have two grown daughters and I’ve never even saw their boobs since they were little children and I had to dress and bathe them.   On the other hand, my older sister recently walked around her bedroom while I was sitting there buck naked, and I was very uncomfortable to say the least.  Everyone thinks differently.  I’m not for it.

• Love 4

Yeah, while she may have posted some questionable things with regards to her daughter, this isn't one of them.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, AnnA said:

I think their costumes are great.

I don't see how Bethenny was sexing it up. 

She's wearing a jacket and long pants

I loved the costumes.  So appropriate for N.Y.  Nice that she took her pets out too.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, link417 said:

I saw the pictures, I thought it was cute how the emoji sunglasses matched Bryn’s costume, LOL.

IMO, the picture with Bryn posing looked like she was just hamming it up for the camera, as kids are wont to do. The other two Bryn pictures are her holding a dog and holding Bethenny’s hand. Looks like they had a good Halloween.

The cutest picture .. Brynn looked adorable, and why would Bethenny wear baggy pants with a figure like that?  Loved the police car, the two doggies and Beths designer bag.  They should have won best costume.  Typical N.Y. City.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

They were in the Hamptons as was the cop car which is probably good given the protests against cops in NYC this week.

Yes, Hamptons or the City ..all the same to me.  Same people living in both places.  Nice to have bucks, lol.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, jinjer said:

It was really rainy here this week. I wonder where they were? 

The pics she posted were in the front yard of her Hamptons house. She posted a bunch of throwback pics so maybe this was from last year.

On her IGStory she is on a beach somewhere with her boyfriend.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

The pics she posted were in the front yard of her Hamptons house. She posted a bunch of throwback pics so maybe this was from last year.

On her IGStory she is on a beach somewhere with her boyfriend.

I don’t go on IG or that twitter thingy.  Is she still going with the guy from Boston?  Weren’t they getting an apartment there together or something?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I don’t go on IG or that twitter thingy.  Is she still going with the guy from Boston?  Weren’t they getting an apartment there together or something?

She's still with the Paul guy from Boston for now according to her Instagram. He's still turning away from her when she tries to capture him on her Instastories. They are on vacation for her birthday. She's back to bragging again.

"Can you believe it girls? Paul bought me a huge Rolodex Timepiece for my birthday!!!!" ( My words, not hers, but you get the jist)

She just can't help her annoying, tiresome self.

Hopefully that Rolodex has bought him a few boob grabs, instead of her daughter having to.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

She's still with the Paul guy from Boston for now according to her Instagram. He's still turning away from her when she tries to capture him on her Instastories. They are on vacation for her birthday. She's back to bragging again.

"Can you believe it girls? Paul bought me a huge Rolodex Timepiece for my birthday!!!!" ( My words, not hers, but you get the jist)

She just can't help her annoying, tiresome self.

Hopefully that Rolodex has bought him a few boob grabs, instead of her daughter having to.

Doesn’t Paul know diamonds are a girls best friend, as in engagement?  Screw the Rolodex, lol.  Thanks for the dirt.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • LOL 3
26 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Doesn’t Paul know diamonds are a girls best friend, as in engagement?  Screw the Rolodex, lol.  Thanks for the dirt.

He's not at the diamond stage just yet. He's still at the Rolodex stage, as in let's just "watch" what happens next, before he decides how to proceed with this relationship.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

He's not at the diamond stage just yet. He's still at the Rolodex stage, as in let's just "watch" what happens next, before he decides how to proceed with this relationship.

Well, it’s been more than ten minutes, and you know how these women fall in and out of love fast, hahaha.  Maybe he’s just a “ friend” ... with benefits.

• LOL 2

I'm assuming she meant a ROLEX timepiece. Did she really say "rolodex"? I know girlfriend likes a big clunky watch, but the mental image of a rolodex strapped to someone's wrist and wondering how that would work (like the old clock radios that flipped numbers for the time?) has given me a good chuckle this am.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I'm assuming she meant a ROLEX timepiece. Did she really say "rolodex"? I know girlfriend likes a big clunky watch, but the mental image of a rolodex strapped to someone's wrist and wondering how that would work (like the old clock radios that flipped numbers for the time?) has given me a good chuckle this am.

It's quite the status symbol.

Rolodex Watch.jpg

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 11/1/2019 at 5:51 PM, link417 said:

I don't know if this was this year from NY - unless they dressed up on the 30th. NY was extremely windy and rainy all day/night on Halloween. There was no break in weather - the rain was coming down sideways because of the wind. There were crazy wind gusts - umbrellas were useless. It was worse the further you went East. There were so many reports of downed trees - several people injured severely - one child was crushed by a falling tree and many others getting hit with flying debris

I think she and Brynn look great and I don't find it "sexified"

• Love 2
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I think she and Brynn look great and I don't find it "sexified"

Neither did I.

As a long time member of Team Bethenny I can't help but notice that despite her departure from RHONY, Bethenny's thread remains one of the most active. Love her or hate her, she always generates a buzz.   And in the world of celebrities, she who generates the most buzz wins. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
50 minutes ago, AnnA said:

And in the world of celebrities, she who generates the most buzz wins. 

Currently, Lori Loughlin is winning,  Jenelle Evans is winning, Heck even Harvey Weinstein was a big winner for quite some time. I don't see any headlines over Bethenny, except for when Bryn was grabbing her boobs.

I wonder who will be the big winner on this board when the RHNY new season begins? Should be interesting.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 9
15 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Currently, Lori Loughlin is winning,  Jenelle Evans is winning, Heck even Harvey Weinstein was a big winner for quite some time. I don't see any headlines over Bethenny, except for when Bryn was grabbing her boobs.

I wonder who will be the big winner on this board when the RHNY new season begins? Should be interesting.

I think you know that I didn't literally mean "the most."   Bethenny certainly doesn't own that title.   I meant it in terms of this forum as she's done for years.   I'm sure you get that since you asked who will be the big winner next year.   Even now that she's gone, she's still followed on social media and living rent free in so many members' heads.

Edited by AnnA
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

I think you know that I didn't literally mean "the most."   Bethenny certainly doesn't own that title.   I meant it in terms of this forum as she's done for years.   I'm sure you get that since you asked who will be the big winner next year.   Even now that she's gone, she's still followed on social media and living rent free in so many members' heads.

I'm glad that she is still alive on the boards. I'm sure that she would be too, as some celebrities believe that negative attention is better than no attention at all. (but then, some people would prefer none to  negative) Bethenny is just so much fun to snark on, even though she is a former. She just provides too much ridiculousness in her social media. Sorry, I don't see her as a winner for that. JMO.

She's no longer news worthy in the celebrity world, but here in Real Housewives world, she will continue to live on as long as she provides the snark worthiness. 

Whoever presents themselves as the worst will likely get the most posts on this board next season.  Wonder who that will be?

Edited by Happy Camper
Had to remove a stray apostophe
  • Love 9
23 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Whoever presents themselves as the worst will likely get the most posts on this board next season.  Wonder who that will be?

Excluding any newcomers, my guess is Dorinda or LuAnn.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Lori Laughlin.  Does anyone here think she was lying?  After paying tons of money for my kids three colleges, I’m furious about all this.  Rowing team my ass.  $500 thousand is nothing to her.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, AnnA said:

Love her or hate her, she still has the best one liners I’ve ever heard.  She doesn’t need a script as she’s very quick witted.  No one can match or beat her.  Let’s see how it goes.  The other shows have no zip and are hanging by a thread.  OC and BH are done unless there’s a miracle.  IMO.

• Love 10
27 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Rolodex or roller rink .. whatever.  I’m sure Bethenny was not thrilled with that gift. It’s not something you give to a girlfriend like Bethenny.  Expansion band also?  How thrilling.

Without researching it I'm willing to bet that Paul did NOT buy that tacky Rolodex watch (that doesn't really exist) for Bethenny.   If it was intended to be a play on words, it was probably a Rolex and doesn't even resemble  that photo. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Love her or hate her, she still has the best one liners I’ve ever heard.  

This is very much a YMMV, I find her “wit” extremely overrated with many of her quips being dated and than when she says something that gets a laugh she repeats it until it has lost any humor it might have had.

• Love 24
24 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Love her or hate her, she still has the best one liners I’ve ever heard.  She doesn’t need a script as she’s very quick witted.  No one can match or beat her.  Let’s see how it goes.  The other shows have no zip and are hanging by a thread.  OC and BH are done unless there’s a miracle.  IMO.

I agree with you.   Bethenny cracks me up.   I can't think of another HW who ever makes me laugh.   The OC and BH are circling the drain.   

38 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Lori Laughlin.  Does anyone here think she was lying?  

Yes.  

Too bad we don't have a thread somewhere to discuss her.

Edited by AnnA
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Yet we are all still keeping this alive. This is by far the personal celebrity thread I constantly get notified of activity on most recently.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Excluding any newcomers, my guess is Dorinda or LuAnn.

Maybe depends on 1) What Dorinda's antics are while drunk and 2) How much Luann goes on about the cabaret...

Bethenny cracks me up.

I find her fun on the show, too.

Yet we are all still keeping this alive. This is by far the personal celebrity thread I constantly get notified of activity on most recently.

Even people who despise her search for whatever she is doing online. I doubt any of the other HWs will ever catch up to her in terms of page count, between this and her divorce thread...

• Love 3

LVP has left RHBH and is still a hot topic of discussion in the BH threads (not necessarily LVPs thread), so I suppose people just can't stop talking about her either. Just think if she had posted any videos of Pandora grabbing her boobs, or live streamed any of Giggy's health issues...

I'm not sure a high page count is something to be proud of. As @Happy Camper noted, Jenelle Evans has, by far, the highest page count of all the Teen Moms. It's not because she's a fan favorite; it's because she is the biggest train wreck, and provides the most fodder for snark and criticism. 

• Love 16
21 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

LVP has left RHBH and is still a hot topic of discussion in the BH threads (not necessarily LVPs thread), so I suppose people just can't stop talking about her either. Just think if she had posted any videos of Pandora grabbing her boobs, or live streamed any of Giggy's health issues...

I'm not sure a high page count is something to be proud of. As @Happy Camper noted, Jenelle Evans has, by far, the highest page count of all the Teen Moms. It's not because she's a fan favorite; it's because she is the biggest train wreck, and provides the most fodder for snark and criticism. 

@AnnA’s post above that sparked the conversation said “love her or hate her, she always generates a buzz,” so I don’t think that poster was stating that high page count = “fan favorite.” Just “buzz generator.”

• Love 5
5 hours ago, film noire said:

I for one can't wait for her new Mark Burnett horror flick next year!

beth halloween.jpg

Whaaat?  She’s going in that direction?  Thats a big no no.  I hate those phony horror movies.  I’ve been watching “Film.Noir” all week on TCM.  Can’t beat those old black n whites.  I adore.them.  You are joking, right?

• Love 1

This is the Rolex.   I’m sure he didn’t pick it out himself but his choice was “subtly” guided by B.  She was shrieking “it’s green,” when he gave it to her.   Oh, and he wrapped it himself, which was a big deal.

That watch is $40K on or about.  And look at the other jewelry on her arm.  She’s got $100K or so on that one wrist.   

And  yet if Jason asked for extra dough, even though the end beneficiary is Bryn, she’d scream bloody murder.  

I hate to to admit the guy seems nice.   He’s completely under her thumb.  I think he’s really successful in various business ventures so I’m surprised at his personality .  Usually that business type is brash and bold, like Dennis.  

961CEA02-E0FF-46DC-8419-CFAC991A4A98.jpeg

Edited by weaver
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

Whaaat?  She’s going in that direction?  Thats a big no no.  I hate those phony horror movies.  I’ve been watching “Film.Noir” all week on TCM.  Can’t beat those old black n whites.  I adore.them.  You are joking, right?

Yes, it was just a joke.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I find her “wit” extremely overrated with many of her quips being dated and than when she says something that gets a laugh she repeats it until it has lost any humor it might have had.

Get off her jock, BiakBiak!  ; ) 

21 hours ago, AnnA said:

And in the world of celebrities, she who generates the most buzz wins. 

When the "buzz" is generated by posting video content of your daughter fondling your breasts - or your dog seizing a few days before she dies -  that's not the kind of buzz that brings value to Frankel's brand or public profile, imo. YMMV.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I was wondering who Jenelle Evans is but not enough to look her up.    Teen Mom?   I never watched it but isn't it even trashier than the HWs?   No one I know, family, friend or co-worker watches the HWs so I never mention it.  It's my guilty pleasure. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3