Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: Strangers

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

I am still annoyed that NO ONE from Team Rick mentioned they had been to the CDC and been told "there is nothing left" and that it exploded. Why is no one saying anything to challenge Eugene and his bullshit story? Going to a military supply store to look the part, and playing a ton of Call of Duty pre-ZA does not make you some militarized genetic scientist. Also, has anyone ever seen a scientist with a mullet? Even one from TX? Also, mullets are not a military approved hairstyle. Just, no. Eugene is full of shit, end of story. I wouldn't be surprised if Abraham wasn't in on the scam....but the only reason is why? The only part of his idea that is remotely smart is getting out of the Atlanta area. There might be other better places to live outside of northern Georgia.

I don't believe the whole "it's all good in Washington" story at all, but I really can't think of any reason for Eugene to lie about it. I personally think it's Abraham who is lying (either because he thinks it will keep him safe, or he's delusional but really believes his story) & that Eugene kind of snapped & his brain latched on to Abraham's story & refuses to believe it couldn't be true. 

As for Gabriel & the woman, I think they had some kind of relationship, married or otherwise, but his guilt isn't because of the relationship, it's over abandoning her. Carl found evidence someone was trying to get into the church & carved you'll burn in hell (not sure of the exact wording) on the wall & Gabriel said he hadn't been out of the church in a long time. I think what happened is that he panicked & locked himself in the church leaving all the other people (including the woman) outside to get attacked & that's what he's guilty of. The marks on the church were from the people trying to get in & when they realized what he had done, someone (maybe the woman) carved the hell thing in the wall. 

• Love 1

Couple things. I don't know if Tyrese thought he'd killed the guy, or just couldn't do it once the guy was unconscious. Last weak I'd assumed he went all Mountain on the guy's head and that's why he didn't want Carol to see. But I still don't blame him for what's happening to Bob. Rick was right last week, they should have gone back and finished the job. I'm usually not in the "kill 'em all" camp on these debates (I was against killing Randall in Season 2), but these guys were murdering people and eating them. While they were down would have been the perfect time to kick them.

The signs on the trees look like hobo signs to me. According to Uncle Google, the x in a circle means they will feed you here, and the straight dash means they won't: http://www.we-find-wildness.com/2010/05/hobo-signs/ Which makes sense, if the handout sign was carved back when Terminus was an actual sanctuary, and the doubtful sign was carved re: Gabriel (he seems to have kept all that food to himself). I have no idea who would be carving these - nobody knows what they mean anymore. I guess you make your own fun in the apocalypse?

Re: letting Carol back in the group. They've all done bad things. She was wrong to kill Karen and that other guy, but they probably would have died anyway. Her thinking was by killing the first infected, she could stop the disease from spreading. Obviously, it didn't work, but it was a plausible theory. She rolled the dice and the house won.

Last, Maggie and Daryl did have the Beth conversation, in the boxcar at the beginning of No Sanctuary. But they mumbled, I only know what was being said in that scene because I was watching with closed captioning on. 

Funny I actually AM in the "kill them all" camp and was FOR killing Randall.  I think you do FAR more damage and INCREASE the body count when you slip and slide on morality.  It's like pulling a gun on someone, aiming for the leg but end up killing them.  A gun is for killing, don't pull it out if you are not prepared for it to do what it does.  Rick should have never brought that Randall back.  He killed his compadres in the bar because he knew what kind of people they were and didn't want them finding their camp.  But then he grabs this kid (from the same group) and hems and haws and TORTURES him.  That was ridiculous.  Not finishing off the Termites was equally ridiculous.  They are not morally ambiguous, they have already shown their monster face with the fangs bared and covered with anticipatory saliva.  Kill them or be killed by them.  It's not a nice choice but it is the only choice for such people.  I've always been the lone Shane lover but this is what Shane was trying to teach Rick - ALL the choices are bad, you go with the least bad that keeps the most people alive in the end.

As for Carol, she rolled the dice and Karen and David paid the score. 

Edited by Timetoread
  • Love 4

I've always been the lone Shane lover but this is what Shane was trying to teach Rick - ALL the choices are bad, you go with the least bad that keeps the most people alive in the end.

Rick never needed Shane to teach him this, he already knew.  It's why he shot those guys in the bar, hell, it's why he shot Shane.  

He just wasn't as willing as Shane always was to jump to the worst choice with the max body count first thing.  He may be now (I would have said "is" if he had gone back for the Termites).

• Love 5

I guess I missed the episode where Shane got a whole bunch of people killed.  Which one was that?

He may not have gotten a bunch of people killed but he showed he was more than willing to let people die to protect the only two people that mattered to him. It was Shane who told Amy they were not going after the group that went looking for supplies; said they knew the risk and basically may they rest in peace. The same Shane that sent out a group with 4 able bodied men (Merle, T-Dog, Glen and Morales) but chastised Rick for doing the same when he went back for Merle and the guns

Rick has his faults but the difference for me is that if Shane found a working car that only seated 3 people he would get in it; Rick would keep walking

• Love 4

I really don't mind that Maggie has given Beth up as a lost cause, the trail's cold and the best tracker in the group did everything he could to find Beth before ultimately giving up himself. What's weird is that there's not even a hint of Rick and Maggie discussing Beth before the DC decision is made. Spending the episode bonding with a former Governor groupie and not even mentioning her sister when What's Next? is the big question on everyone's mind reflects badly on her. 

• Love 2

Anyone remember watching on the Electric Company as kids how Letterman would rip a letter off of his sweater and use it to change a word? Yeah. I kept thinking last night I needed Letterman to show up, rip a big old J off his chest, and change Gareth into Jareth from "Labyrinth". Just because the idea of Rick and the gang being tormented by the Goblin King makes me giggle. Tyreese:  Look, for the last time we're not wishing Judith away so get lost!  Of course it could end badly for Jareth if Daryl goes owl-hunting...

Re: Carol: She told Tyrese she wasn't going to stay at Terminus. She told Mary that "I'm not here either." I think she's tying up loose ends now that the community of the prison failed, the girls are gone and her obligations are over. She was leaving and got caught. Maybe she hopes to fast track forgetting her past by finding a new start with people who didn't know Ed, Sophia, Karvid, or Mizzie. Her story could either have her move on, dead or alive, or have her make her peace with living with people who know where she came from. Daryl's mission is to help her make her peace with her past and understand that being with people who know your past and accept it offers more stability than hiding yourself from new groups.

Carol has proved she can make it alone, but this is the ZA and at this point there's no sane reason to leave a safe and welcoming group and strike out on her own. Especially when you have recently dealt with or know of the Governor, the biker group and Terminus.

Is anyone else bothered by the crisscrossed back tshirt AND appropriate bra Maggie was wearing? Who in production approved that matching get up in the ZA?

Edited by Iguessnot
  • Love 5

Rick never needed Shane to teach him this, he already knew. It's why he shot those guys in the bar, hell, it's why he shot Shane.

He just wasn't as willing as Shane always was to jump to the worst choice with the max body count first thing.  He may be now (I would have said "is" if he had gone back for the Termites).

The thing is, if you go around killing all the people you meet because they might be dangerous, you are Terminus. The cannibalism is gross, but really, who cares what you do with a dead body at this point in the apocalypse. It's the murdering people that is morally problematic, not the method of disposing of the bodies. Shane and the governor allowed the end of the world to bring out their worst impulses. It's possible to make excuses and justifications for their actions (Hell, Woodbury was a lot nicer than the prison!) but they're just excuses.

Rick has repeatedly shown that he's willing to shoot when necessary - hell, the premiere showed he was willing to do this, as a cop, before there were zombies. In fact, he has the hair-trigger PTSD Cop responses that sometimes lead to police shootings in the real world. At the bar, the guy might have been pulling a gun on him - or might have just made too sudden a movement. Rick's not going to wait to find out. But typically he tries to make the right decision, and he's getting better at it. 

But I don't really see finishing off Terminus as morally ambiguous at all in this situation. The danger posed by desperate cannibals whose family you've just killed is pretty clear and present.

• Love 5

He may not have gotten a bunch of people killed but he showed he was more than willing to let people die to protect the only two people that mattered to him. It was Shane who told Amy they were not going after the group that went looking for supplies; said they knew the risk and basically may they rest in peace. The same Shane that sent out a group with 4 able bodied men (Merle, T-Dog, Glen and Morales) but chastised Rick for doing the same when he went back for Merle and the guns

Rick has his faults but the difference for me is that if Shane found a working car that only seated 3 people he would get in it; Rick would keep walking

It was also Shane who kept the ENTIRE group together in check, a group that included Merle, before Rick even got there. It was Shane who beat Ed to a pulp for victimizing the worlds biggest victim, Carol, and let it be known that he would not tolerate the menfolk acting a fool with the women folk.  It was Shane who saved Rick's raggedy ass family in the first place AND saved Rick.  Shane wasn't this indiscriminate killer that people have built him up to be - he wasn't the Governor.  He wasn't a Termite.  He killed Otis (who shot Carl), Randall (from the marauding band of rapists) and attempted to kill Rick (and I believe he was far gone by this point from grief and jealousy) - but he never harmed ANYONE in their group and went through it all WITH them, not against them.   I don't have enough time to count up Rick's body count, including Shane. "I killed my best friend for you people!"  "I killed Shane because he was undermining my authority."  Whatever.  Rick's no freakin Saint and Shane wasn't Satan's little brother.  Both are/were flawed.  Both made good and bad decisions.  Both did the best they could.  And both had HORRIBLE taste in women (looking at you Lori).  I see why they were best friends - two sides of the same coin. 

• Love 6

Knowing that I put way too much thought into proper preparation of people as food after watching these last two episodes, I would have expected them to separate the foot from the leg for grilling.  The thickness of the meat is very different.  The foot and the calf would grill for different amounts of time.  The way they showed it, the heel should be burnt and the toes didn’t even look toasty.  No more cool feet for Bob. 

When Faux-ther Gabriel asked if CDB had any food, I thought Carl said he had some Tums.  I did not realize he said pecans until I read the board.  Tums would have been more helpful given the recent heaving. 

I think Tyreese thought he killed the termite.  He was pounding him in the face and probably thought he damaged his brain.  Did we see blood coming out of his ears?  Tyreese just didn’t realize he was doing the damage more to his face than his brain.  He probably caused a concussion but didn’t kill him.  Zombie kills seem to require more depth into the brain.  (I must stop over-thinking these things).    I think Ty was horrified by his own actions in beating a man (almost) to death and didn’t want Carol to see the evidence of his brutality.  However, it does seem that a diet of grilled human gives you miraculous healing powers.  The termites are looking mighty healthy.

Re: Maggie's lack of interest in Beth

I don't have much issue with it, possibly because i don't care much for Beth, but also because what are we expecting her to do? They don't have a vehicle, she doesn't know who took her and where. She can't just wander aimlessly down all the streets hoping to run into her. I'm sure there were conversations had, but it's been a day since they got out of Terminus. Sasha didn't care much about finding Tyrese and vice versa after the prison fell and no one said they were terrible people.

Also, Beth and Maggie are half sisters, right? Not to dig too deep into their relationship because obviously they got closer than anything in the last 2 years, but to me, it didn't seem like they grew up together. Maggie is probably 8-10 years older than Beth, presumably went away to college (I think Lauren Cohen mentioned something that she had gone away), so they may not be all that close. It will be answered, I'm sure Maggie cares, but being upset isn't very practical in this world.

She was absolutely *determined* to find Glenn - nothing was going to stop her. Her sister, on the other hand? Meh. It reminds me too much of my own sister, without going into details.

In the episode where Beth tried to kill herself, Maggie panicked, and blasted Andrea for leaving her alone, and letting her make the choice to go through with an attempt. She was trying to keep her around, and brought up favourite memories for the two of them. She mattered to her before. We have Rick and Daryl declaring each other "brothers", and a real sister just doesn't seem to give a shit.

• Love 7
It was Shane who beat Ed to a pulp for victimizing the worlds biggest victim, Carol, and let it be known that he would not tolerate the menfolk acting a fool with the women folk.

Also taking to Shane's thread.

The only way I can justify to myself as Maggie not looking for Beth was that she believed her sister had to be dead. I think Maggie knows that cornered by Walkers, Beth wasn't going to be able to do much more than belt out "Fire and Rain" at them. Which, unless the undead really, really hate James Taylor (and they may) isn't going to be very useful. The only reason Beth lasted longer than five minutes was because of Daryl, and Maggie had no reason to believe that in the chaos anyone had tried to protect Beth. If I don't think like that, I want to punch Maggie in the nostrils.

• Love 9

The only way I can justify to myself as Maggie not looking for Beth was that she believed her sister had to be dead. I think Maggie knows that cornered by Walkers, Beth wasn't going to be able to do much more than belt out "Fire and Rain" at them. Which, unless the undead really, really hate James Taylor (and they may) isn't going to be very useful. The only reason Beth lasted longer than five minutes was because of Daryl, and Maggie had no reason to believe that in the chaos anyone had tried to protect Beth. If I don't think like that, I want to punch Maggie in the nostrils.

The problem for me is the lack of pain, the lack of concern. I understand that Maggie could think that Beth didn't make it out of the prison. And I could understand now that she could feel that trying to find her is pointless because there is no way to know where she went. I get that. The problem is the absolute lack of pain or frustration or worry or whatever. When Daryl told her she was alive but taken by random people, her first reaction imo should've been trying to find her, even if the others had to talk her out of it.

Not even addressing it is what bothers me because it makes it seem like they don't give a shit, when they are supposed to.

Beth, Hershel's daughter/Maggie's sister/Judith's nanny/Glenn's sister in law being missing apparently is no big deal to everyone except Daryl.

• Love 7

I looked for this but didn't see it - sorry if I missed it.  But do we have a theory as to why Bob was out crying by himself?  Did anyone else wonder if maybe he got bit or scratched by the slime-walker that dragged him under the sewer-puke water?  That was my first thought.  Then, when he got conked on the head, I thought - Morgan?  Then, when we saw the last scene I thought "oh come ON you stupid Terminus bastiches, we couldn't have a little down time?  Jerks."  I also thought "eeewwww' really hard.  But Barry the Fairy showing back up proves for all time - if you don't see them die, they're not dead. 

But sorry, getting back to my question - was Bob just overwhelmed by the love he's feeling from Sasha, or do we think this is about something else - either his alcoholism or other deep dark secret?  Whatever his issue, I think it's safe to tag it as OBE.

* ETA - damn simulposting - looks like several of us are on the same page here. 

So, if Bob was bitten, or scratched - does that mean that the jackholes who dined on him are infected now too? 

If Bob were bitten and knew it, wouldn't he tell the Termites, like "ha ha suckers!" before they torture him anymore? Or maybe he is too zonked out by the pain?

Plus, dramatically speaking, it doesn't do much to have the Termites gradually turn into zombies off in a clearing in the woods somewhere. You have to think there's going to be some confrontation with our heroes down the road.

I don't care about Beth at all.  I mean, at all.  Not even a little bit.  If we never see her again, I'm fine with it because the cast is too crowded now with better actors and actresses.

But all the season previews and all signs point to the search for Beth being a recurring story this year.  If neither her sister or none of the people she's lived with since the farm can be bothered to show any interest in what happened to her, why should I as a viewer be expected to?  I get the pragmatism that some posters have mentioned in thinking that she may be dead and they wouldn't know where to begin to look.  But say that then instead of telegraphing by sheer omission that the character and her story don't matter and then still letting it eat valuable show time that could be spent on more interesting characters and stories.  This is just reeking of Andrea at Woodbury all over again.

• Love 5

The more I think about the group going to D.C., the more insane I think it is. Forget that D.C. is packed with people and must have thousand walkers per square mile. Northern Virginia is also a densely populated area. How are they getting through there? They cannot just take I-95 and head around the Beltway. Pure craziness. Why don't they head to northern Canada or Alaska even? Somewhere cold with few people seem like the way to go.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2

This is just reeking of Andrea at Woodbury all over again.

Do you remember during Abraham's "toast" (screed) at the church, when he asked do you want to keep doing the same thing over and over "rinse and repeat"---I immediately thought: How great; Abraham reads the Walking Dead Forum on Previously TV.! Maybe they'll learn something!

• Love 4

I enjoyed this episode but there was a lot of dumb in it.

Endangering the group and ultimately playing a huge role in Bob's death by taking the simpering preacher with zero walker killing experience who thinks 12 walkers constitutes being overrun because you "don't trust him"

Letting a cooing baby decide the next extremely dangerous course of action (I realize Rick was joking. Judith has much better judgement).

No one -- not the termites or the Rickrollers -- acknowledging Bob's profusely bleeding shoulder and torn clothing indicating a bite or scratch

WTF kind of painkillers did they give Bob that he didn't feel them amputating his leg or even realize it was gone until they alerted him to the fact that they were eating it, and where do I get them?

Tyrese tells everyone Carol killed Karen and David and then tells her not to mention Lizzie, who was essentially killed for the same reason Karen and David were. She was a danger to others. Is either lying about killing Martin, or didn't check that he was dead after beating the shit out of him. I really like Ty but I think he's being hypocritically self-righteous.

Rick doesn't trust anyone, yet listens to Eugene's shtick that included the phrase "Of this FUBAR magnitude" and agrees to risk everyone's life without asking for any specifics. Everyone just goes along with it and it's "Beth who?" until Daryl sees the car.

Everyone but Carol deserves a seat on that short bus. 

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 10

Tyrese tells everyone Carol killed Karen and David and then tells her not to mention Lizzie, who was essentially killed for the same reason Karen and David were. She was a danger to herself and others. Is either lying about killing Martin, or didn't check that he was dead after beating the shit out of him. I really like Ty but I think he's being hypocritically self-righteous.. 

I don't think he's self righteous as much as completely unable to cope at this point.  I'm thinking that he shoved Martin out the door and didn't want Carol to realize he couldn't bring himself to kill which is why he kept her from checking (or a twin brother for Martin).  That is really dangerous because people are counting on him to be able to fight.  Rick is convinced he's the best person to protect Judith.

As to the conversation with Carol, that was probably as damaging as letting Martin go.  I think it was well intentioned but talk about killing with kindness.  By reassuring Carol about how he'll talk to everyone about Karen/David he's subtly pointing out that it was wrong but she can be forgiven because he says so.  Worse was pushing her to keep what happened to Lizzie to herself.  He can't face it, but he's not strong enough to see that Carol can't either and in protecting himself, he cut off any support that Carol might get from him or Daryl or Rick.

Rick on the other hand said exactly the right thing if the Grove hadn't happened.  But considering the Grove, that was just about the worst thing Rick could have said to Carol.  Carol hasn't seen the dropping away of farmer Rick, so by saying we're joining you he was telling Carol she had to keep making all the hard choices and not she was right about what you have to do to survive and never has to worry about being kicked out again.

What Rick needed to say was you don't have to do the hard shit that keeps us alive alone, I tore a guy's throat out with my teeth.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 11

That is really dangerous because people are counting on [Tyreese] to be able to fight.  Rick is convinced he's the best person to protect Judith.

Well now I think I might see how Judith might not be long for this world....

• Love 1

Judith will double-tap the head every time.  I'd trust her to finish the job with a baby toy before I'd trust Tyreese again.  Seriously, dude, nobody's dead unless you've stuck something sharp through the brain.  It's not something you can miss or half-ass.  Martin's head should have caved in before Tyreese stopped hitting him, but no.  SOB lives to gnaw on Bob.  I liked Chad Coleman on TTD, but Tyreese will not make my list of characters I'd choose to spend a ZA with.  He's a liability.  And I'd leave the Reverend behind too.  Damn, this show is turning me pragmatically evil.

• Love 6

If Bob were bitten and knew it, wouldn't he tell the Termites, like "ha ha suckers!" before they torture him anymore? Or maybe he is too zonked out by the pain?

Plus, dramatically speaking, it doesn't do much to have the Termites gradually turn into zombies off in a clearing in the woods somewhere. You have to think there's going to be some confrontation with our heroes down the road.

I figure Bob will tell them about his tainted flesh next week.  Or maybe he's hoping he'll turn and get to become the snacker rather than the snackee. If he's going to die, he might as well take one of them with him. But I agree, there will have to be some kind of confrontation down the line.  

• Love 1

I am still annoyed that NO ONE from Team Rick mentioned they had been to the CDC and been told "there is nothing left" and that it exploded. Why is no one saying anything to challenge Eugene and his bullshit story?

If they had infinite time to fill, I think the original group that went to the CDC would have that conversation; but it comes down to keeping the peace, staying together, and they need to keep moving because standing still just sets them up for someone wanting to take what they have.  Abraham has his blinders on and isn't going to listen about the CDC, some have hope even if its a 1 in a trillion shot, and some just don't have a better destination in mind.

Now if they find out the Terminus folks are hunting them and don't rethink Washington, then I'm going to have a problem because they told Gareth about that plan.

I've just re-watched that last scene (ew), and it was odd how Gareth seemed to be blaming Bob, specifically, for the loss of their home and people. Unless they weren't the ones watching Daryl and Carol in the forest, and were surprised to come across Bob.

• Love 1

I'm late for the discussion because I didn't get to watch the episode until this morning. 

I agree with those who believe that Carol is severely traumatized by the events at the pecan grove and I, too, believe she was going to leave.  And also, the writers needed her to get that car ready so that she and Daryl could conveniently take off after that car. Daryl usually shows a lot of common sense and I'm wondering why he didn't at least yell out that they were going after Beth.

I don't think Tyrese's actions at the cabin had any effect on poor Bob's fate but if Martin kills anymore of the group in the inevitable confrontation then I think that will all be on Tyrese.  He should have made sure the guy was dead.

At least I'm not the only one who looked at Bob's foot on the fire and thought that the foot shouldn't be cooking that evenly.  I'm also somewhat horrified that I just typed that last sentence.

Also.....Eugene!  How could they buy that story about the place they were headed being stocked with food, water, and shelter and they wouldn't have to worry about a thing.  Argh!  CDB of all people should recognize this as a falsehood.

Also, again, I hope they wrap up the Termite story because I don't want them stalking them to DC and picking them off one by one.  With the writers on this show, that's entirely possible.

Edited by NurseGiGi
  • Love 4

Also, again, I hope they wrap up the Termite story because I don't want them stalking them to DC and picking them off one by one.  With the writers on this show, that's entirely possible.

The scariest thing about the Termites is that they can never be sure they got them all and can never be sure that the next person they meet isn't one of them.

• Love 1

The scariest thing about the Termites is that they can never be sure they got them all and can never be sure that the next person they meet isn't one of them.

So the moral is to stay at least one step ahead - or you might lose a foot?

• Love 3

I've just re-watched that last scene (ew), and it was odd how Gareth seemed to be blaming Bob, specifically, for the loss of their home and people. Unless they weren't the ones watching Daryl and Carol in the forest, and were surprised to come across Bob.

Yes! He got mad at Bob for escaping their systematic human slaughterhouse where they lured people to a terrifying death under the pretense of sanctuary. Damn it Bob, you destroyed our murder factory home. It reminded me of an episode of Lockup where a death row inmate was complaining that his daughter had no right to be mean to him because he never molested or beat her, and he didn't understand her anger. Leaving out the fact that he murdered her entire family. I like that TWD is exploring different levels of batshit crazy, but Gareth can be killed by Rick with the red handled machete with the quickness.

On a more positive note, I thought it was so sweet when Michonne said she missed Andrea and Hershel. I also miss...Hershel.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 3

They gave Bob way too much camera time for no good reason, and I knew way before the ending that somehow, he was dead....um...live meat.    

At this point while watching the show, in addition to food and shelter, my greatest wish for them is that they all get a bath.  I am literally squirmy at how filthy some of them are and how hot and sweaty they are. 

I know, I'd last about 10 minutes in the Zombie Apocolypse because I would just going anywhere they don't have air conditioning.

I too keep wondering why some of the originals haven't told the Washington team about their trip to the CDC and what they learned there.   

• Love 3

Late to the party.  Really happy to see Rick being a badass and not messing around.  I love that they are continuing with the 3 questions. I like that Rick told Carl that no matter what, don't ever think of yourself as safe, which is terrifying but true.  

I LOVED the reunion with Carol and Rick. I think they both understand each other as much as they can.

I hate Gareth but I like the work the actor is doing.

Poor Bob :(.

• Love 3

Upon rewatch, the scene where they first save Father Gabriel is kind of hilarious. They just stare and stare at him while he mumbles on and pukes and acts generally weird. Their faces are all so awesome.

I also think Maggie's acting in this episode (what little she had to do), was kind of...not good. The close lipped smile she gives Glenn is annoying.

Thinking about the male, possibly-alpha/maybe leader-y/maybe good fighter type people we have now: Rick, Abraham, Tyreese, Daryl. That is a lot. I hate to say it, but I kind of wish the Termites had taken Tyreese instead of Bob. Had there not been the nice reunion with Sasha last week, I think I'd feel that even stronger. And I don't dislike Tyreese.

Also, the car that Carol and Daryl find looks similar to the one Martin had at the cabin. She doesn't make mention of it, though, so maybe not.

Edited by mandolin

But sorry, getting back to my question - was Bob just overwhelmed by the love he's feeling from Sasha, or do we think this is about something else - either his alcoholism or other deep dark secret?  Whatever his issue, I think it's safe to tag it as OBE.

That's a possibility.  Bob might have been crying because he was so happy.  After all the lonliness and illness, he's sober, he's got a family and he's in love.  They survived Terminus and now they're having a feast to celebrate surviving and their upcoming trip to DC.  Life's pretty good for Bob and he's a sensitive guy.  I can't believe that he got bit and wouldn't tell anyone because he'd be endangering everyone including Sasha.

• Love 2

I'm starting to feel like the show itself is telling us the search for Beth just isn't that important and by extension Beth herself.  

Then let me help the show out.  Hey Walking Dead people - We already know the character of Beth isn't that important.  You're the ones trying to make her a fucking star!

Did anyone else find the "car that kidnapped Beth" scene unintentionally funny?  When we first saw it, it was hauling ass after kidnapping her.  Why in the hell do they need to drag race up and down abandoned roads when not abducting girls?  Way to draw attention to yourself.

I'm still disgusted by that last scene.  It shall go in the archives with the piglet cutting scene of scenes I shall never lay eyes on again.

Add to it Patricia coldly snapping chicken legs as they scream, then seeing the chickens struggling inside bags as they cry.  I was never so happy that someone was eaten, as I was when Patricia went down.  She could have lobbed those chicken from the loft and they wouldn't have gotten away.  Did she imagine them as eagles?  Figures she was married to the man who didn't notice the half-grown child next to the deer he shoots.

I like Gabriel thus far, but I sure don't trust him.  I don't buy him roaming the streets when he's terrified of walkers.  Good lord, even Eugene would know that screaming at the top of your lungs will only draw more walkers.  If Bob was bitten - it's Gabriel's fault.

• Love 2

fliptopbox siad:

I am still annoyed that NO ONE from Team Rick mentioned they had been to the CDC and been told "there is nothing left" and that it exploded. Why is no one saying anything to challenge Eugene and his bullshit story?

I think the CDC is Atlanta, a different place from where Eugene & co. is proposing they go.

• Love 1

I think the CDC is Atlanta, a different place from where Eugene & co. is proposing they go.

Right, but if I remember correctly all other facilities were no longer functioning either, according to the Doc at the CDC in Atlanta?  Now, Eugene is not necessarily talking about a CDC facility, but something similar enough that you'd think our CDB folks would think to say, "How do you know it's still operational?  Did you know the CDC in Atlanta self-destructed after the last man standing there determined there was no hope left on Earth?"

Or something.

• Love 3

I like Gabriel thus far, but I sure don't trust him.  I don't buy him roaming the streets when he's terrified of walkers.  Good lord, even Eugene would know that screaming at the top of your lungs will only draw more walkers.  If Bob was bitten - it's Gabriel's fault.

Like a lot of the new characters (Bob included) Gabriel is a little too symbolic for me to view as a real character.  I think Gabriel serves two purposes.  First is Tyreese.  Both have gone to a place where they can't cope with the ZA any longer and the difference is that they see the danger that poses with Gabriel but don't recognize it in Tyreese.

Next is that Gabriel locked people out of his church.  Rick and crew have walked that line, usually capitulating and letting people join them but not always.  Now I think that we'll see with hunters on their tale that they won't have that luxury.  Gabriel is going to be used to ask the question of how much crap you have to go through before that decision isn't the amoral and cowardly thing to do.

• Love 1