Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/20/14

Athena
  • Start Topic

Of course, whoopi thinks only fat people need the warnings not anyone else, smh. I didn't even try to understand that.

I don't think Whoopi is a very healthy eater so maybe she needs to start reading labels.

Having healthier food, of course is the most important. Trying to make sure that everybody has healthy food available to them is a big deal, that has to be made a top priority.

It should be a top priority but honestly crap food is a multi -billion dollar industry.  Healthy food is more expensive and when people need to feed their family on a budget crap usually wins over healthy.

• Love 5

I think I'm confused..... Monica Lewinsky is being labeled as the first person being bullied on the internet. .... as Whoopi would say... What the hell??

When Monica became "famous" there was no social media..... the internet was basically used for news. There wasn't a place for "bullying"

I don't really see how she is a victim either.... she was young yes... but she chased after a married man and "fell in love" then acted on those feelings.

2 consenting adults getting together really is no place for victimhood.

I must agree with you and I have to say the Lewinsky hero worship was somewhat bewildering. Not to mention, does anyone really believe Monica's return to the spotlight was prompted by the suicide of Tyler Clementi rather than, oh, I don't know, Hillary's probable presidential run?

Still cracking up at the panel's insistence that Bill's bad behavior would not be tolerated in corporate America. LOLOLOL.

• Love 10

I must agree with you and I have to say the Lewinsky hero worship was somewhat bewildering. Not to mention, does anyone really believe Monica's return to the spotlight was prompted by the suicide of Tyler Clementi rather than, oh, I don't know, Hillary's probable presidential run?

Still cracking up at the panel's insistence that Bill's bad behavior would not be tolerated in corporate America. LOLOLOL.

Im sure she was concerned about it..... and honestly, he was bullied.... someone posted a sex video of him with another guy without his permission.. and if I remember correctly.... he was not out either...... It was truly sad that he killed himself.

But I agree completely... there is an alternative motive for her seeking the public limelight

• Love 1

What?  Were they serious?  In corporate America, as long as someone is doing their job and making the company money they don't give a shit. 

• Love 8

They need to stop pairing Nicolle & Whoopi together to do interviews.  Because they are just bad.  The 2 Rosies are the better interviewers so if they are going to keep pairing co-hosts up, there needs to at least one Rosie per interview.   I only caught the last half of the show today; the Terry Crews & Sarah Hyland interviews and noticed in both that Nicolle was badly interrupting and stepping on other people's sentences today.  It was really bad.

• Love 7

I missed today's show and forgot to Tivo it. Did Sarah Hyland talk at all about her personal life and the recently publicized abuse issues with her ex? I feel like that would have made for a great one-on-one conversation with Rosie O if she was willing to talk about it.

• Love 1

It should be a top priority but honestly crap food is a multi -billion dollar industry.  Healthy food is more expensive and when people need to feed their family on a budget crap usually wins over healthy.

It also takes longer to plan and prepare, difficult to do when you are stringing together however many part-time low paying jobs in the middle of a food desert.

I can't make up my mind about Lewinsky so I'll refrain from much comment, but some of you may not remember the internet almost crashing when Ken Starr's pervy details were posted so yeah, there was no social media but Lewinsky was slammed daily by Drudge and many others on the internet.  I do know that I sure as hell wouldn't want to be judged by some of the stupid mistakes I made when I was 22.  Carry on...

• Love 6

I missed today's show and forgot to Tivo it. Did Sarah Hyland talk at all about her personal life and the recently publicized abuse issues with her ex? I feel like that would have made for a great one-on-one conversation with Rosie O if she was willing to talk about it.

Not at all.  This was probably the worst interview I've ever seen with her.  Her natural ease and charm were a little off today which is of course completely understandable given the circumstances.  She was probably very nervous that it would be brought up.  She was also paired with the 2 weakest interviewers.  She obviously had a job to do as she was there to promote Swiffer and the ASPCA and they spoke a little bit about Modern Family but it was really clunky and awkward.  I so agree with you -- it would have been much better with Rosie! 

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 4

No, but she did an infomercial for Swiffer, LOL.

• Love 4

No, but she did an infomercial for Swiffer, LOL.

Yep!  I just caught the 1st half of the show that I missed earlier.  And lots of shilling going on today.  Swiffer and Nicolle's "Sidebar" for The American Frozen Food Institute (who knew that existed?)   This is really starting to piss me the hell off!!

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 5

Actually, the binge watching topic was introduced so that Foley could bring up the new Bausch and Lomb (I'm not going to bother to look up how to spell that) product for dry eyes.  His interview was sponsored just like those Marilu Henner chats.

I don't mind when someone goes on a show to sell their book or their movie.  I get that. However, commercial breaks are getting longer and longer and putting more commercial content within the show itself is obnoxious.  You can cry poor, ABC, but this is the kind of crap that makes me fast forward or, when it persists, tune out.  Then where will your profits come from?

Knock it off.

I'm fairly certain that the Scott Foley and Bauche Lomb (sp?) wasn't an "in house commercial" like the Always segments with Marilu Henner or Nicolle's "American Frozen Food" spot  In the former, Scott is cashing the checks, in the latter the show gets the ad money.  Foley had the added benefit of being on a hit ABC show.  I honestly thought the contacts and bingewatching was well done with the guest and the co-hosts talking about their favorite shows to binge watch.  Usually the guest just mentions their corporate tie-in at the end of their segment and it's rarely integrated into the interview. 

We've seen many celebs come on this show and talk about their projects then plug some product or product sponsored project; it's been going on for a few years now - it's just another way companies get their "message" out - by paying celebs to talk about it on TV, twitter, etc.  

ETA: I haven't seen it yet but it sounds like Sarah Hyland is cashing checks from P&G too. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 4

They need to stop with the frozen food infomercial.

Nicolle almost was reading the teleprompter as fast as Bitsy. We don't need rapid chipmunk speaking.

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 2

Regarding Monica Lewinsky;  I applaud Rosie's compassion but I think I recall Monica was quoted as saying something like "I've got my presidential knee pads and I'm going to the White House..."  Not a victim in my book...

I always had the impression that she never wanted the affair to be public.  She seemed to have no compunctions about seducing a married man, but I don't think she was prepared for that to become front page news -- she hoped for marriage if possible, or at least a role as long-term back street courtesan, but didn't expect to be fodder for vulgar jokes by late night comics plus the impetus for an impeachment trial.

She was a fool to confide in Linda Tripp (& over the phone no less!), so she was a victim of betrayal by a friend she trusted.  Bottom line, silly young women with a crush on the boss happen every day -- this one suffered worse consequences than most of those girls do, which was her own fault for being so reckless & naive.

• Love 14

FWIW, I thought the Valerie P. interview was fascinating and really a great segment. All the cohosts asked really great questions. (Loved Whoopi's "do you miss it?" because I was thinking exactly that)

Regarding Monica, I also don't think the Tyler Clementi situation prompted her to speak out. I think she is trying to position herself as a spokesperson for the problem of social media bullying and will write books on that and try for a lucrative speaking career on the subject which is very hot right now. I think she is a smart woman who has had trouble finding a job/career that she wants to do. I'm sure with her education she could find a low profile job somewhere, but she doesn't want that - she likes being in the limelight and wants a job that pays well and has a bit of glamor and publicity with it. Barbara W. has spoken about her sympathetically in the past saying Monica can't find a job...no, she could find a job...she just wants a certain type of job and salary and is playing the sympathy card. I feel a bit sorry for her about getting caught up in the situation, but I think the blame falls on both her and the married president that cheated. Shame on them both. I have friends who were really enamoured with their bosses who had the strength and moral integrity to resist temptation.

Edited by CathInAZ
  • Love 5

I can't think of another talk show (daytime show) that stops in mid-stream to shill some product.  Is there?

I think it's pretty common now.  Sponsors know that we are fast forwarding through commercials.  Dr. Phil had a segment about embarrassing questions that women have, with accompanying medical advice, and it turned out to be a "Discreet" commercial.  Wendy Williams plugs a lot of products during her show (in the form of give-aways, etc.).   So, now I just keep my remote handy.  There is very little content is most shows anymore.

• Love 4

Sorry, I wasn't sure how to spell her last name so I just used P. Just looked it up...Valerie Plame, the woman who was a former covert CIA agent who was outed a while back.

Edited by CathInAZ
  • Love 1
When Monica became "famous" there was no social media..... the internet was basically used for news. There wasn't a place for "bullying"

Ah, Roger, I beg to differ.  I've been online since 1993, and while we now think of the Internet solely as the world wide web and smart-phone-connected, back then -- in the days of blazing 28.8K dial-up connections -- it was infinitely more varied, with Usenet groups, listserves, and self-contained online communities like CompuServe and AOL.  (In fact, I remember the Drudge Report in its infancy, posting to hundreds of Usenet groups, such as my fave, alt.gossip.celebrities.)  So while the WWW may have been primarily news at that point (1998), the Internet absolutely WAS buzzing about Monica.  I am quite sure she did get bullied.

I'm sure in some Upper East Side apartment, BaWa is scheming how to capitalize on Monica's re-emergence into the spotlight (about which I have no opinion, oddly enough).  "Damn! A year too late!  Curses!"

• Love 12

Monica Lewinsky is all about Monica Lewinsky & how she can still capitalize on her notoriety, she is not a victim in any way, shape or form & she is probably being well paid by the Republican Party to "suddenly" reappear in the media.

"I've got my presidential knee pads and I'm going to the White House..."  Not a victim in my book...

• Love 6

I think it's pretty common now.  Sponsors know that we are fast forwarding through commercials. 

The View has such long commercial breaks, that sometimes I actually go to the kitchen and make a sandwich or heat up my lunch during them.  Nothing complicated, but still lunch.

And I positively, HATE, these infomercials. Today was the worst yet with Nicole actually getting up from the discussion table and walking over to another part of the set to sell her frozen food.

I've been online since 1993, and while we now think of the Internet solely as the world wide web and smart-phone-connected, back then -- in the days of blazing 28.8K dial-up connections -- it was infinitely more varied, with Usenet groups, listserves, and self-contained online communities like CompuServe and AOL.  (In fact, I remember the Drudge Report in its infancy, posting to hundreds of Usenet groups, such as my fave, alt.gossip.celebrities.)  So while the WWW may have been primarily news at that point (1998), the Internet absolutely WAS buzzing about Monica.  I am quite sure she did get bullied.

I've been online since about 1994 and I remember the Usenet groups, including, alt.gossip.celebrities.  I mostly read the messages, and though I don't remember if Monica was mentioned, I do remember there being nasty comments about celebrities.    And I started with a 14.4 connection, eventually upgrating to 28.8 and finally 56.6 before getting off dial up!

• Love 6

Monica Lewinsky is all about Monica Lewinsky & how she can still capitalize on her notoriety, she is not a victim in any way, shape or form & she is probably being well paid by the Republican Party to "suddenly" reappear in the media.

That is pretty much my sentiment as well. Yes, it sucks to be 22 years old and "slut-shamed," but she knew full well when she was going down on President Clinton that someone was going to be hurt. She just didn't think it was going to be her. Same goes for the president. Both of them at that moment were shockingly indifferent to everyone but themselves.

• Love 7

Ah, Roger, I beg to differ.  I've been online since 1993, and while we now think of the Internet solely as the world wide web and smart-phone-connected, back then -- in the days of blazing 28.8K dial-up connections -- it was infinitely more varied, with Usenet groups, listserves, and self-contained online communities like CompuServe and AOL.  (In fact, I remember the Drudge Report in its infancy, posting to hundreds of Usenet groups, such as my fave, alt.gossip.celebrities.)  So while the WWW may have been primarily news at that point (1998), the Internet absolutely WAS buzzing about Monica.  I am quite sure she did get bullied.

I'm sure in some Upper East Side apartment, BaWa is scheming how to capitalize on Monica's re-emergence into the spotlight (about which I have no opinion, oddly enough).  "Damn! A year too late!  Curses!"

Yes you are right... I had my dial up with the squeaking and squawking..... I guess what I was trying to say was the internet was not mainstream.... and the things that happened on line were not mainstream

I'm sure Monica was discussed extensively on the internet...... but they called her the first person to have her reputation ruined by the internet...... Her reputation was ruined because of who she had an affair with...... it had nothing to do with the internet.... if the internet didn't exist then she would have still had a ruined reputation.

• Love 5

Yep!  I just caught the 1st half of the show that I missed earlier.  And lots of shilling going on today.  Swiffer and Nicolle's "Sidebar" for The American Frozen Food Institute (who knew that existed?)   This is really starting to piss me the hell off!!

Right.   And the main problem I have with it is that when they are selling products, how can we trust their "Hot Topics"  when nutrition is part of the topic? 

Case in point -  Nicolle was talking about the benefits of certain frozen foods.  BUT - they've also been talking about food that is bad for you, and companies putting warning labels on products when there is research that the products are not healthy. 

So  - frozen broccoli, not a problem.  But Nicolle also showed us that Marie Callendar pot pies were a good alternative to home-made.   Maybe they are.   But there was a recent article specifically about MC pot pies and all the chemicals, sodium and fat in them.  What I recall was that some varieties seemed to have a relatively low calorie count because they said a "serving size"  was half of a pie.  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/christina-pirello/who-has-time-for-that_b_5133602.html   deceptive labeling - THERE'S a hot topic for you!

Anyway - my point is that when TV personalities are using their TV appearance to sell products, it diminishes their credibility.   Much like Dr. Oz used to be the go-to guy for all health questions, many of us no longer trust ANYTHING he says because he has endorsed all kinds of vitamins, supplements, weightloss products, that are later (through actual RESEARCH)  shown to be worthless and/or harmful.  He can't warn people against the dangers of herbal supplements to lose weight, beause he endorses them -  therefore, he can't be trusted. 

Pot pies are not the point, just an example.  If The View is using the show to sell us on the idea that certain products are good, then they will not turn around and talk about a news story that  those same products being harmful -  so their reports on Hot Topics will be biased. 

Imagine if on one segment they talked about the dangers of transfats in food.  Can they then do an infomercial that 'Hey!  Oreo has a new holiday flavor?"   NO - but if they ARE dong a sidebar for Oreos, they will then have to skip the transfat story. 

• Love 7

While I get the reason to show support for Monica, it seems that Monica was looking to be a martyr in the clips.  "I made cyber bullying a thing!  Yay!...I mean wah poor me!"  You also decided to pursue the Commander in Chief.  How do you not figure that sooner or later you will get found out?  

On a positive note, it was nice that Whoopi gave Nicolle credit in securing Valerie Plame for the show.   (I will pretend the shilling for  frozen broccoli didn't happen.) 

Edited by mtlchick
  • Love 5

But Nicolle also showed us that Marie Callendar pot pies were a good alternative to home-made.   Maybe they are.   But there was a recent article specifically about MC pot pies and all the chemicals, sodium and fat in them.  What I recall was that some varieties seemed to have a relatively low calorie count because they said a "serving size"  was half of a pie.  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/christina-pirello/who-has-time-for-that_b_5133602.html   deceptive labeling - THERE'S a hot topic for you!

Much like Dr. Oz used to be the go-to guy for all health questions, many of us no longer trust ANYTHING he says because he has endorsed all kinds of vitamins, supplements, weightloss products, that are later (through actual RESEARCH)  shown to be worthless and/or harmful.  He can't warn people against the dangers of herbal supplements to lose weight, beause he endorses them -  therefore, he can't be trusted. 

See, this is where just listening and not watching makes me miss nuance a lot of the times.  It was Maria Callendar pot pies?  I would never buy those, they are just full of crap and high calorie to boot (and let's face it, thin Nicolle Wallace won't be eating them or feeding them to her child either).  Well to be honest, I only ever ate pot pies as a kid and in my first pregnancy when I craved them, don't judge!  I'm just fine with frozen vegetables though.

Dr Oz, sigh, yup.  The worst part of that is that there are some supplements that may be good for some folks for certain issues, but his credibility on the subject is shot.  Kevin Trudeau is doing time for that crap.

I wonder how much of this crap is foisted on them from the network to a point that they don't really have a choice about it, I was hoping with this production team we'd see better consistency between topics and pitches.

• Love 2

I f-loved Nicole on Monday's show bringing up the fact that Shia LeBouf was a Disney star and was that part of the reason for his downward spiral.  I don't know if she just didn't think before calling out Disney like that, or she knew what she was saying, but wow, talk about biting the hand that pays you.  Whoopi's laughter was spot on as she was surprised Nicole just said that.  Rosie did try to deflect, intentionally perhaps, by saying he was on the Nickelodeon network.  I wonder if Babs and Bill had talk w/Nicole after the show about comments like that.  

I enjoyed the Valerie Plame interview as well, but yeah like someone else posted upthread, she was pissed about her work, that she was proud of, being compared to a tv show about a bipolar woman.

• Love 2

I'm kinda surprised Valerie Plame was willing to spend time with Nicolle since Nicolle worked for the administration that outed Plame and ruined her career. Of course, Nicolle isn't personally responsible, but I think if it were me, my anger would be pretty widespread.

• Love 5

I enjoyed the Valerie Plame interview as well, but yeah like someone else posted upthread, she was pissed about her work, that she was proud of, being compared to a tv show about a bipolar woman.

Which left a pretty bad taste in my mouth.  There were other things to focus on that separate Carrie's role on a television show from real life in the CIA.

• Love 2

And I positively, HATE, these infomercials. Today was the worst yet with Nicole actually getting up from the discussion table and walking over to another part of the set to sell her frozen food.

At that point, Nicolle looked as though she'd rather be anywhere else but standing on a TV set doing a commercial.  It's just so far outside of her background, and she seemed quite uncomfortable.  Bet she never figured she'd go from shilling McCain to shilling frozen broccoli!

But there was a recent article specifically about MC pot pies and all the chemicals, sodium and fat in them. What I recall was that some varieties seemed to have a relatively low calorie count because they said a "serving size" was half of a pie. http://www.huffingto..._b_5133602.html deceptive labeling - THERE'S a hot topic for you!

LOL, backformore, but I have an even better one:  Lipton Noodle Soup Mix comes with two pouches, each of which makes a quart of soup.  The calorie count is 50 calories per serving.  Here's the glitch:  A serving is...wait for it...2 tablespoons!  Who the hell has 2 tablespoons  of chicken noodle soup as a serving?  When I first saw that, I thought it was a misprint because "Really?".

• Love 3

I wonder if Babs and Bill had talk w/Nicole after the show about comments like that.  

Thankfully, Bill and Babs have nothing to do with the actual production of this show anymore - except cashing the checks they get as title-only exec producers. 

• Love 7

While I get the reason to show support for Monica, it seems that Monica was looking to be a martyr in the clips. "I made cyber bullying a thing! Yay!...I mean wah poor me!" You also decided to pursue the Commander in Chief. How do you not figure that sooner or later you will get found out?

On a positive note, it was nice that Whoopi gave Nicolle credit in securing Valerie Plame for the show. (I will pretend the shilling for frozen broccoli didn't happen.)

I swear I thought VP had been on the show years ago? I had not regularly watched the show in a few years before this season. Does anyone remember Valerie and her husband being on? Promoting a book?

I'm not taking anything away from Nicole, but VP was there to push her book. I'm sure she will go on many shows.

• Love 4

LOL, backformore, but I have an even better one:  Lipton Noodle Soup Mix comes with two pouches, each of which makes a quart of soup.  The calorie count is 50 calories per serving.  Here's the glitch:  A serving is...wait for it...2 tablespoons!  Who the hell has 2 tablespoons  of chicken noodle soup as a serving?  When I first saw that, I thought it was a misprint because "Really?".

Actually, no, and I know this only because I thought that once too.  A serving size is 1 cup prepared (aka: with water).  The 2 tablespoons serving size is of the dry stuff. It says on the label "makes 1 cup prepared".  Though who eats a cup of soup of a light soup?  Maybe people do, but not me...

• Love 4

"I swear I thought VP had been on the show years ago? I had not regularly watched the show in a few years before this season. Does anyone remember Valerie and her husband being on? Promoting a book?

I'm not taking anything away from Nicole, but VP was there to push her book. I'm sure she will go on many shows."

You're right, she was on in the past, think it might have been back when Rosie O was on the first time around. Pretty sure she and her husband were promoting the book they wrote about being outed.

And I didn't think it was out of line to ask her what she thought about Carrie on Homeland. People get asked all the time how a tv professional compares to the real thing. Besides, Plame was there talking about her own fictional version of the life, so a pop culture question makes sense.

• Love 5

I'm kinda surprised Valerie Plame was willing to spend time with Nicolle since Nicolle worked for the administration that outed Plame and ruined her career. Of course, Nicolle isn't personally responsible, but I think if it were me, my anger would be pretty widespread.

I don't think Nicolle ever worked for the Bush administration. Correct me if I''m wrong.

Not a fan of boxing.

Word to that, maggie.  When my mind started wandering and I grabbed my remote, it took me back to when I decided I'd stop watching Regis every Monday in the fall.  Finally sitting down with a hot coffee for some "me" time and being given the weekend football games play-by-plays which seemed to occupy most of "host chat" was so disappointing to me that I did stop watching every Monday during football season.  I don't know (and don't wish to know) anything about boxing.  Bores the hell out of me.  I know they do speak about what they did on the weekend, and what interests them and I'm glad they do something they enjoy.  But I am not even slightly interested in sports, and even less so in boxing.  There is no shortage of sports channels/games/sports shows on network channels/cable channels, sports talk on the news, and I see no reason whatsoever to have "my" morning talk shows devoting any time whatsoever to any sports.  "I went to a boxing match and enjoyed it" is all I care to hear. 

Speaking of other shows, it's been years since I watched Regis, Kelly etc., but I don't recall that show being an infomercial (and also, why does The View have to have the DWTS castoffs? - wouldn't it fit in better with Kelly? - and yes, there's time to go on an earlier show regarding flight arrivals, after all they make it to GMA), and I've seen The Chew, not a lot, but I don't recall that show being one big infomercial either (and if any show would advertise specific products, wouldn't it be that one?).  In looking at it that way, for me it seems just pathetic for The View. 

At that point, Nicolle looked as though she'd rather be anywhere else but standing on a TV set doing a commercial.

Oh, she did.  I felt embarrassed for her. 

Monica Lewinsky as a victim?  I think not.  She was a very intelligent 22 year old.  Yes, we all do dumb things in our youth, but I think many of us knew way before 22 that married men were out of bounds.  She really, really got clobbered for it, but he wasn't just any "boss".  He was the President and she knew that.  And as an intern, he wasn't her direct "boss".  She went seeking it, kneepads and all.  (No, I'm not excusing him.  It's just that right now, she's the subject of the conversation.)

I remember Valerie Plame on the show several years ago, saying how she loved being a US spy, and really missed it.  I wouldn't have appeared on The View back then if I were her, since one of the panelists had dissed her terribly (Bits did lots of things she never apologized for, and this was one of them.  She said something like:  "Huh, she's covert?  How do you miss something that looks like that?" - horrible).  I enjoyed seeing her on the show today.  With how fun and exciting her real life was, even though she was not permitted to reveal certain things, I feel there was enough to ask her without having to waste time bringing talk of a fictional tv show into it. 

Edited to add:  You can't compare homemade chicken pot pie to any commercially prepared version!  And homemade, mine anyway, takes much longer than two and a half hours from start to finish!  LOL - but it does. :)

Edited by Dreamboat Annie
  • Love 3

I don't think Nicolle ever worked for the Bush administration. Correct me if I''m wrong.

She was his Communications Director during the '04 campaign and became the White House Communications Director in 2005. I just looked it up, and Plame was outed in '03 so that was before Nicolle's time. So I guess that would prevent the hard feelings maybe.

• Love 4

I see no reason whatsoever to have "my" morning talk shows devoting any time whatsoever to any sports.

But a large part of their audience DO care a lot about sports. I do, although I care nothing at all about boxing, but every single show is going to have segments about subjects some of their audience is more interested in than others. I have no interest whatsoever in most of the tv shows they blather about but many others do.

You're wrong. :)

She most certainly did and she often talks about when she was in the White House or when she was on Air Force One. Just another reason why I can't stand her and question her moral authority to make any comments about what's going on with the current administration having worked in one of the most immoral administrations ever.

From Wikipedia:

Wallace joined the White House staff during President George W. Bush’s first term, serving as Special Assistant to the President and Director of Media Affairs at the White House where she oversaw regional press strategy and outreach.

In 2003, Wallace joined the Bush–Cheney ’04 campaign as the Communications Director.

On January 5, 2005, Bush named Wallace White House Communications Director.

Wallace also served as a senior advisor for the McCain-Palin campaign in 2008. She appeared frequently on network and cable news programs as the campaign’s top spokesperson and defender.

• Love 2
But a large part of their audience DO care a lot about sports. I do, although I care nothing at all about boxing, but every single show is going to have segments about subjects some of their audience is more interested in than others.

Oh, I know.  I got carried away talking about my "me" time.  I should have included the term "YMMV".  Sorry about that.

• Love 3

Well, good for her if she was paid by the Republican party. Bill Clinton has millions and can appear at any time to endorse new politicians like he did for Obama, meanwhile Monica will never be able to get another job again (as the women discussed even last year on the show). I agree with Rosie O--he was the one who broke his marriage vows, he was the one in the position of power, so why she was the one forever ruined is beyond me.

The infomercials feel like something out of the 1950s.

• Love 6

What?  Were they serious?  In corporate America, as long as someone is doing their job and making the company money they don't give a shit.

Rosie said if it had happened in a corporation Bill would have been prosecuted, Whoopi was like "Well, he was," meaning impeachment... I have no idea how Rosie could be so naive.  I feel like she's really projecting a sort of grooming/child molestation vibe onto the situation.  She mentioned Clinton asked to meet her and she refused.

• Love 5

Rosie said if it had happened in a corporation Bill would have been prosecuted, Whoopi was like "Well, he was," meaning impeachment... I have no idea how Rosie could be so naive.  I feel like she's really projecting a sort of grooming/child molestation vibe onto the situation.  She mentioned Clinton asked to meet her and she refused.

I thinks she sees it as sexual harassment in the workplace between a boss and his employee more than a child molestation vibe but mileage may vary. 

One thing about RO is she has a line when it comes to older more powerful men having sex with young women (see Woody Allen) and apparently she doesn't cross it for anyone, even the President of the United States.    I was horrified when she said she refused to meet President Clinton  but I kind of respect that she doesn't compromise her values and can do it without making it all about herself. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 10

Rosie is an idiot when it comes to any issue that involves any issue she feels emotional about. She refuses to see any facts that do not fit her feelings and opens her big mouth spouting off inaccuracies. The only thing that Rosie has as a saving grace is that she is compassionate and tries to be a good person. I expected Nicole who is a republican hack to be drooling over the prospect of Monica being in the spotlight to distract from the parade of wacko republican candidates, but emotional, stupid Rosie is just falling into their hands.

It scares me that a biased woman like Nicole, and others like Rosie have a forum right before and election, and will help the right wing destroy Hillary by supporting some opportunistic sleaze like Monica.

Why does Rosie think that Monica suddenly felt a need to speak out about Tyler Clementi four years after it happened? Why didnt she speak out in 2010 when it happened? Hmm, cant be someone is paying her to speak all of a sudden, Oh and why did she save that dress? Couldnt be to blackmail a married man could it? Oh no, according to Rosie shes an amazing woman!

When the right wing turns the election into the Monica Show, and Hillary loses to some new version of Dubya, Rosie will be the first to freak out and need more meds to deal with what the new president does.

BTW I was in graduate school when the Lewinsky scandal happened. I was around Monica's age, Cyber bullying did not exist. College students didn t even own laptops! In fact, Windows did not even exist the way it does today when the scandal hit. There was no twitter, facebook, or anything like that. Most coudn"t afford their own desktop, and it was hard to even get news online because of slow connections. So Monica is full of crap. Most news was in paper tabloids and television. Even in 2001 when 9/11 happened, internet connections were so archaic that we coudn"t get online at the office i worked in get news about what was happening. Nice try right wing and stupid Monica!

And, the CEO being fired fantasy that Rosie has in her usual dream world is bull. CEOs have affairs with subordinates all the time, and there are opportunistic trashy people like Monica just dying to do them !

Would Rosie like her daughters to look up to a woman who showed her thong to her boss who was married and performed oral sex on him? Would she like her daughters to have affairs with their married high school teachers? Oh and would she like them to keep semen stained dresses for evidence to blackmail someday? Since she thinks Monica is amazing, she should be proud of her daughters making careers out of chasing married men.

Oh, and was testifying about sex on national tv, under the guise of some other BS investigation and also being impeached not enough punishment for an affair?

I hate to break it to Rosie but Mr Brady was a fantasy, and if she wants another Dubya in office, rather than Hillary, she and her buddies should keep giving Monica the sleaze airtime so that there is distraction from real issues she cares about. Would she rather have had John Kennedy and Franklin Roosevelt as presidents who had affairs, or would she like Nixon or Bush? She needs to put her issues with men aside and think before she says stupid, uninformed things,

Rosie should remember how amazing Monica is whens she is freaking outin 3 years and having knock down fights with Nicole over the President who beats HIllary by having Monica revise history for money.

And I would not be surprised if Barbara Walters comes out of moth balls to interview Monica again. Of course she related to her, she did a married man too and then wrote about it to sell books. I guess making money off of doing married men regardless of how it affects their family is something Barbara admires.

Rosie may think Monica is amazing, but I would find her amazing if she used her education which I read was a masters in psychology to counsel real victims of abuse or violence, and worked to help others like many do with her degree. Not get paid to give a speech about how victimized she 20 years ago to a room full rich republicans from Forbes who are dying to pay her and use her slutty behavior to win an election in a couple of years.

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • Love 5

The increased amount of schilling this season is driving me up one wall and down another.

Rosie O won't be happy tomorrow seeing as news of The Bridge's cancellation has come out.

I know both Monica and Bill both participated in what went on, it's always frustrated me that Clinton has gone on to still be well regarded for the most part even though he had a history before Monica came along. While Monica got pegged as the intern who chased after the President and still to this day people make the same jokes they always have about her. She's a good public speaker so I won't knock her too hard if she finds a career in making speeches about online bullying and etc. since they get attention to the subject.

• Love 3

What does anyone think happens if you blackmail the president by keeping dresses with his fluids? Also, Monica had a history of doung married older men. She was the one who showed her big butt in a thiong to the president . What was she expecting? That's what she calls "romantic "?

She also had affairs with two ither married teachers when she was in college. She's known as a slut because she acted like one and now pretends it was love.

Not saying Clinton was blameless, but I'd say being asked about his affair and details about cigars and what not that rabid hypocritical republicans punished for the country, and being impeached were quite enough punishment for someone who did not rape or force himself on her.

If she really did not want to be known for giving BJ's to the president, she wouldn't have had the dress as evidence and she could have faded away with the story as just a rumor. She seemed to want the spotlight that came with blackmail but was too stupid to know she'd be seen as a sleaze too when details came out.

Now she can get revenge with the right wing funding her, and idiots who have daddy and issue with men, like Rosue making her out to be amazing.

Nicole acting like it's news that the president would win when you're dioing what Monica did uis just ridiculous. She's an insider, but now wants to bring down Hillary so she suddenly is dying to hear from someone whose done nothing redeeming in her life and is pretending she's a victim of something that didn't exist when she was acting like an idiot.

Where are Joy and Star when you need them to counter screwed up Rosie with her man issues

It is amusing how liberal women like Rosie are too clueless to see that the right wing

Is using their issues against a woman with their agenda who is running for office. Rosie needs to stop idolizing Monica and babbling about his evil the Clintons are or not complain when that idiot Chris Christie undies any gains she feels were made with Obama.

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • Love 6

If she really did not want to be known for giving BJ's to the president, she wouldn't have had the dress as evidence and she could have faded away with the story as just a rumor.

Now she can get revenge with the right wing funding her

She's an insider, but now wants to bring down Hillary 

It is amusing how liberal women like Rosie are too clueless to see that the right wing Is using their issues against a woman with their agenda who is running for office.

That was a whole lot of post to dissect and process, but some of these highlights are where my unwillingness to completely let Monica off are formed.  About keeping the dress, I think that was more about some stupid idolizing/romantic remembrance that Linda Tripp exploited.

Of note, Vanity Fair is often on blast against Hillary and Bill, and the forum that Lewinsky spoke at the other day was Forbes (owned by none other than Steve Forbes), so there is some real validity to your points.  The problem, or where I have mixed feelings is that I while I admire Hillary as a woman for all her accomplishments, I'm not that keen on her running for president - that said, I sure would like to see a woman as POTUS.  A ball of conflicted feelings right there!

I don't think that you can categorize an unwillingness to engage in slut shaming as having man or daddy issues, for me anyways, it's much more about being true to my feminist self.

Gee, I said I was going to refrain from comment, oh well.

• Love 8

That was a whole lot of post to dissect and process, but some of these highlights are where my unwillingness to completely let Monica off are formed. About keeping the dress, I think that was more about some stupid idolizing/romantic remembrance that Linda Tripp exploited.

Of note, Vanity Fair is often on blast against Hillary and Bill, and the forum that Lewinsky spoke at the other day was Forbes (owned by none other than Steve Forbes), so there is some real validity to your points. The problem, or where I have mixed feelings is that I while I admire Hillary as a woman for all her accomplishments, I'm not that keen on her running for president - that said, I sure would like to see a woman as POTUS. A ball of conflicted feelings right there!

I don't think that you can categorize an unwillingness to engage in slut shaming as having man or daddy issues, for me anyways, it's much more about being true to my feminist self.

Gee, I said I was going to refrain from comment, oh well.

not engaging in slit shaming is one thing, saying she's an "amazing woman", and bring so upset you won't meet the president is another thing,
  • Love 4

not engaging in slit shaming is one thing, saying she's an "amazing woman", and bring so upset you won't meet the president is another thing,

She must have eventually met him, according to a reply on the Ask Ro section of her website http://rosie.com/askro

(Edited to add:   I guess it's Bill Clinton she is referring to, but rereading it could also be Woody Allen)

Monica was young and impressionable. Was a victim of a powerful man. You bad mouth Woody Allen. R u afraid to bad mouth Clinton? What he did to his family was disgraceful.

i told him to his face in fact

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 3

Well, good for her if she was paid by the Republican party. Bill Clinton has millions and can appear at any time to endorse new politicians like he did for Obama, meanwhile Monica will never be able to get another job again (as the women discussed even last year on the show). I agree with Rosie O--he was the one who broke his marriage vows, he was the one in the position of power, so why she was the one forever ruined is beyond me.

Monica gives all women a bad name. She thinks giving BJ's is the way to get ahead & when she gets called on her actions she plays victim. Sure Bill Clinton was in the wrong and he bleeping was impeached but Monica is still playing the "poor me"/ "victim" card 20 years later.

And Monica DOES have a very well paid job, the tea party brought her out of moth balls & are paying her big bucks & she doesn't look to have suffered......some love the victim role

WHO says Monica is "the one forever ruined."???????

• Love 3