Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/22/14

Athena
  • Start Topic

I used to like Viola Davis, key words being used to here and it's all based off of this interview.  I first fell in love with her acting back in the movie Doubt, and it has carried over to the Help.  I just felt like she came off in this interview with such a big head about herself and her years in the acting field.  Granted I don't know the woman personally, and maybe she has just gotten caught up in all the talks for this new series and the adoration/love from Rosie P, but god she was insufferable talking about.  She all her roles she has played have been "characters that haven't been realized."  Seriously?!  I guess I'm in the minority but she can't seriously be saying that the roles she takes are not well written or fleshed out til she sinks her teeth into them.  She goes on further to say that this show allows her to stretch her craft and show us a new acting side of her basically, and most actors of color never got the chance like she did to take on a role such as this.  Perhaps I'm just misunderstanding her words here, and I know the television landscape isn't what it was years past, but I still remember it's where movie actors go when they aren't as big as they once were. 

I'm thinking that Whoopi probably admires Viola, but I bet she even thought this woman was so full of herself here with the way she talked.  It also didn't help that Rosie P made it sound like Viola Davis has won two Oscars, not that she has just been nominated.

My take on Viola Davis is she bought into the hype a few years back and figured she was a shoo in for the Academy Award in the Help and it didn't work out like so many actors before her.  I really think the Help is and will be known as the peak of her career, b/c I haven't seen her in anything spectacular since.

• Love 3

I used to like Viola Davis, key words being used to here and it's all based off of this interview. I first fell in love with her acting back in the movie Doubt, and it has carried over to the Help. I just felt like she came off in this interview with such a big head about herself and her years in the acting field. Granted I don't know the woman personally, and maybe she has just gotten caught up in all the talks for this new series and the adoration/love from Rosie P, but god she was insufferable talking about. She all her roles she has played have been "characters that haven't been realized." Seriously?! I guess I'm in the minority but she can't seriously be saying that the roles she takes are not well written or fleshed out til she sinks her teeth into them. She goes on further to say that this show allows her to stretch her craft and show us a new acting side of her basically, and most actors of color never got the chance like she did to take on a role such as this. Perhaps I'm just misunderstanding her words here, and I know the television landscape isn't what it was years past, but I still remember it's where movie actors go when they aren't as big as they once were.

I'm thinking that Whoopi probably admires Viola, but I bet she even thought this woman was so full of herself here with the way she talked. It also didn't help that Rosie P made it sound like Viola Davis has won two Oscars, not that she has just been nominated.

My take on Viola Davis is she bought into the hype a few years back and figured she was a shoo in for the Academy Award in the Help and it didn't work out like so many actors before her. I really think the Help is and will be known as the peak of her career, b/c I haven't seen her in anything spectacular since.

I think you are not understanding her words. And I'm probably the last person to try to explain them.

I think she was talking about the characters she is picked to play, being the "dowdy" "ugly" "plain" "sad" "victim".

And she sees herself as attractive, strong, sexy and triumphant. But rarely is chosen to portray that, because she does not look like what some might think a woman who are those things look like, not a "classic beauty".

Her characters not being realized as people. The person people look past, the person who is barely noticed as the make their way through life.

She was not saying imo that the characters were not well written, until she got to them.

I'm happy that she can play a strong sexy character who may or may not be wonderful.

She is playing a complex woman and It is not a light skinned Vanessa Williams or Haley Berry.

Sorry if this makes no sense.

Eta: I wanted add that she was reacting to the review of the show that Whoopi mentioned. In the review the person said something like "even though not a classic beauty"....

Which IMO is a shitty thing to say about a person and it make no sense. She is a great actress. And beautiful, so that reviewer is an ass.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 17

I used to like Viola Davis, key words being used to here and it's all based off of this interview.  I first fell in love with her acting back in the movie Doubt, and it has carried over to the Help.  I just felt like she came off in this interview with such a big head about herself and her years in the acting field.  Granted I don't know the woman personally, and maybe she has just gotten caught up in all the talks for this new series and the adoration/love from Rosie P, but god she was insufferable talking about.  She all her roles she has played have been "characters that haven't been realized."  Seriously?!  I guess I'm in the minority but she can't seriously be saying that the roles she takes are not well written or fleshed out til she sinks her teeth into them.  She goes on further to say that this show allows her to stretch her craft and show us a new acting side of her basically, and most actors of color never got the chance like she did to take on a role such as this.  Perhaps I'm just misunderstanding her words here, and I know the television landscape isn't what it was years past, but I still remember it's where movie actors go when they aren't as big as they once were. 

I'm thinking that Whoopi probably admires Viola, but I bet she even thought this woman was so full of herself here with the way she talked.  It also didn't help that Rosie P made it sound like Viola Davis has won two Oscars, not that she has just been nominated.

My take on Viola Davis is she bought into the hype a few years back and figured she was a shoo in for the Academy Award in the Help and it didn't work out like so many actors before her.  I really think the Help is and will be known as the peak of her career, b/c I haven't seen her in anything spectacular since.

You've said it well. I was so looking forward to this show -- so many of my favorite story elements plus Viola Davis. She simply disappointed me. I'll watch, but I'm far less enthusiastic. 

I think you are not understanding her words. And I'm probably the last person to try to explain them.

I think she was talking about the characters she is picked to play, being the "dowdy" "ugly" "plain" "sad" "victim".

And she sees herself as attractive, strong, sexy and triumphant. But rarely is chosen to portray that, because she does not look like what some might think a woman who are those things look like, not a "classic beauty".

Her characters not being realized as people. The person people look past, the person who is barely noticed as the make their way through life.

She was not saying imo that the characters were not well written, until she got to them.

I'm happy that she can play a strong sexy character who may or may not be wonderful.

She is playing a complex woman and It is not a light skinned Vanessa Williams or Haley Berry.

Sorry if this makes no sense.

It does make sense, and it is what I wanted her to be saying, but as she continued I began the feelings of disappointment in her. Perhaps I had her on too high a pedestal. I know she's been overlooked because of her darker skin, and I don't mind a whit if she focused there. I guess she just brought in too many other factors, factors that haven't kept her from some pretty good roles. 

• Love 4

Well said.  Viola may have had a little underlying resentment and maybe that came through.  But I'm sure she has been through some things and heard some comments that we can't imagine.  I still love her.  She's smart and classy.

• Love 5

I had the opposite reaction: I ended up liking Viola Davis more after the interview, actually.

I've always thought she was a good actress, but all her roles seem to be so "serious" and "sad," so the interview made me see her differently than I had before. And I think part of the reason many roles she's had have been that way has to do with the state of film/writing right now; it's uncommon to see racial characters outside of films explicitly about race, and usually the few you find can be pretty stereotypical. I think that's what she was talking about more than anything.

• Love 6

I wonder how much what she was saying was affected by that horrible and pretty offensive NY Times article about Shonda Rhimes and her shows. The reality is, she's been nominated for Oscars and has appeared in some hit movies, yet she still doesn't get offered movie roles where her name is the big draw and she doesn't have the clout level that she should (or probably would if she had lighter skin). Octavia Spencer has talked about this problem too. It's interesting that they're both now turning to television.

But it's gotta be hard when people gush over you and tell you how amazing you are, but you know you still have to struggle to get movie roles.

• Love 6

I didn't understand Viola as saying that the characters she's played weren't realized until she got to them.  What she said was that most of the parts she's been offered are of women who don't have full lives onscreen - they aren't fully realized.  Traditionally, women of color, particularly dark-skinned women are cast to play maids, nannies, sidekicks, background characters ... the women who aren't sexual or romantic interests.  The women who aren't the center of attention.  The ones who aren't allowed to be mysterious or complicated or the like.  What Viola is doing with this show is opening up opportunities for dark-skinned Black women to be the center of shows, to be the romantic lead, to be characters who live full and not asexual or background lives.  It is hard to understand if you've never been the little girl told you aren't pretty because you're so dark or because your hair is so nappy, etc.  Women who look like her are never going to be called "classical beauties" if they're allowed to be seen as beautiful at all.  

I love her and am grateful for this portrayal and for what Shonda is doing with this show and with "Scandal" (even if I don't always love the paths her stories take).  Seeing myself and my child and my family and friends represented onscreen is still a big deal and likely will be for a long time.

• Love 13

You hear that? It's the sound of NOT celebrating Barbara's birthday on the show. no stories about her great dinner parties with michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones this year. We're free!

They did close the show wishing her a happy birthday and showing some clips

• Love 1

I didn't understand Viola as saying that the characters she's played weren't realized until she got to them. What she said was that most of the parts she's been offered are of women who don't have full lives onscreen - they aren't fully realized. Traditionally, women of color, particularly dark-skinned women are cast to play maids, nannies, sidekicks, background characters ... the women who aren't sexual or romantic interests. The women who aren't the center of attention. The ones who aren't allowed to be mysterious or complicated or the like. What Viola is doing with this show is opening up opportunities for dark-skinned Black women to be the center of shows, to be the romantic lead, to be characters who live full and not asexual or background lives. It is hard to understand if you've never been the little girl told you aren't pretty because you're so dark or because your hair is so nappy, etc. Women who look like her are never going to be called "classical beauties" if they're allowed to be seen as beautiful at all.

I love her and am grateful for this portrayal and for what Shonda is doing with this show and with "Scandal" (even if I don't always love the paths her stories take). Seeing myself and my child and my family and friends represented onscreen is still a big deal and likely will be for a long time.

Thank you for saying it 1000 times better than I did.
  • Love 4

I sincerely hope "The Help" will not be seen as the pinnacle of Ms. Davis's career.  I have my own issues with that movie, but aside from those, I would love it if Viola is remembered for having portrayed Black womanhood in all her glory - having acted in roles that show us as flawed, and beautiful and whole people, as we are.  There is no shame in being a maid or in playing one onscreen but Black women have done that for years.  It's way past time to tell other stories of us.

I don't think Whoopi was upset by her at all, from what I saw.  I think they met as one dark-skinned Black actress to another - two women who aren't seen as sexy or beautiful or alluring - and understood and respected one another's journeys.

Edited by SistaLadybug
  • Love 7

Perhaps I'm just misunderstanding her words here, and I know the television landscape isn't what it was years past, but I still remember it's where movie actors go when they aren't as big as they once were.

This is not exactly true anymore.  In the past year Matthew Mcconaughey (Oscar winner) and Woody Harrelson starred in a tv drama.  Next year the same show will star Colin Farrel and Vince Vaughn.  There are many others.  

• Love 7

I don't think Whoopi was upset by her at all

I sincerely hope that was not directed toward my comment because I never said anything about Whoopi being "upset by her".  Whoopi is a pro and most certainly was not "upset". 

I'd like to see the interview again, from the introduction to the end.  I am sure some things were all in my mind, but some things were not, like:

- during the introduction, I noticed Whoopi gushing over her, and the tv show she's on.  We know Whoopi doesn't watch many tv shows, reality or otherwise, and doesn't gush over them, even during introductions.  I don't know if that had anything to do with the fact it is an ABC show.  I know that most interviewers lay it on thick and heavy for the introduction, but for Whoopi, I found this unusual.

- there was definite giggling by Whoopi, covering her mouth and chuckling, when Viola first began talking.  I have no idea what that was about, but she continued it for too long after she realized that Viola wasn't biting.

- When Viola spoke about talented black actresses she admired who came before her, she mentioned Cicely Tyson and Ruby Dee (and one other I think but I didn't hear the name).  She said something about "and when they were gone" *, implying there was no one else, at which time I was expecting the accolades about "then there was the incredibly talented Whoopi Goldberg who came after them".  It seemed awkward to me that she wouldn't mention Whoopi ** (when most do), and I really believe it wasn't lost on Whoopi either.

Like I said, I'd like to see it again, but I didn't tape it.

*  Viola obviously meant gone from the acting world.  But she's wrong about Cicely Tyson who, as far as I know, is still acting strong.

** An EGOT winner.  I'm not a huge fan of Viola Davis, and I tend to agree with others who say she seemed full of herself.  She didn't look at her interviewers at all; nor was she looking at the audience.  She was all into herself.  But it left me wanting to know more about her because she does appear to not only be enormously talented, but very interested in giving back, and that's never a bad thing.

Whoopi is always awkward at interviews.

I've never noticed Whoopi awkward at interviews.  This being her eighth (?) season as The View moderator, and having interviewed so, so many, I notice she's never awkward and quite good at it actually.  That is, when she wants to be.  There were times in previous seasons she seemed uninterested, but that does not equal awkward.  She also had her own talk show years ago, a one-on-one interview show where her natural ability to interview guests was showcased very well. 

Edited by Dreamboat Annie
  • Love 1

Really, not even a nod to Whoopi from Viola....and WG is an EGOT...let alone her work in documentaries and Broadway support, one woman shows etc.

WG was a name from the getgo, and Viola has been in the acting biz for 26 years yet just a household name for how long? There were a lot of break outs from The Help.

All kinds of being ungracious to me, towards one of your hosts that really has accomplished a lot over the decades. Let alone her friends, power, and contacts.

And yes, Tyson is still acting....and just about 81 yrs old.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 2

Sorry, haven't yet watched todays show (it's pending on my DVR) but after reading some of the comments here I have to say that I watched "I'll Fly Away" (seems like about 127 yrs ago)  and I loved it. I believe it was a series on PBS.  Being as old as dirt (and having memory loss) I still know for sure that if that show came on again, I would make damn sure well that I would set my DVR to record it!!

Everyones opinion differs of course, but I truly enjoyed this, felt it really touching, wonderful acting and actors and I personally highly recommend it.

• Love 2

I couldn't follow the beginning of the show today. They were talking about Derek Jeter and RP said she hoped they could get him on the show, then RO burst in with some comment about wanting Olaf from Frozen on the show, and Whoopi went with it, talking about hot lights and puddles or some such, then went right back into, "Speaking of sports, an ESPN commentator..."

Say what?!? What the hell was the Olaf stuff supposed to be about??

• Love 2

Whatever, for me....some jokes fail to hit the mark.

OTOH - I am so happy they are not so prevalent anymore this season. So often they used to fall flat or derail a conversation in the past.

I really think it is more women chatting over a (kiddies) table this season. Like in real life. Or at lunch or something.

• Love 1
I had to rewatch the interview on youtube.

I couldn't find it.  Please link it.

Like I said, the giggling I mentioned on Whoopi's part was right when Viola first sat down and began speaking, not later when Viola described her downtrodden characters.  If you have it, please take another look.  Rosie P did gush about her body when she came out, but I was speaking about the introduction, where Whoopi did gush about her, the show, and her in the show.  Please link it.

Edited to add:  I have no problem with us having a different take on things, celi cat, nor our opinions differing.  I just hope to know what exactly it is we are differing upon, and getting that all straight so we could have a reasonable discussion.

Edited by Dreamboat Annie

I agree, cantor, that little chat was all sorts of fucked up.  They were all over the place, it was hard to follow and in the end it just came off as lame.  Oh well, chalk one up to experience.  But then get back to your jobs.

• Love 3

Thanks Celi - I think Viola had a real agenda, and could not get over the "classical beautiful" part of it. I think I got some of what she meant but there have been a ton of movies and tv shows without "classical beautiful"s on them. Whatever race. Or the being sexy part of it.

Plus, imo, she looked disconnected from everyone- co-hosts, audience, viewers.

Eta - she sounded strident actually, and after watching the first few minutes she is on the show as well, so far. Cold.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 2

Viola is pretty self-important.  Just look at her Twitter bio...

Viola Davis is a critically revered actress of film, television and theater and has won rave reviews for her intriguingly diverse roles.

I realize she might not really be involved in her Twitter account... but I bet she wrote that bio.

• Love 2
I'm not a huge fan of Viola Davis, and I tend to agree with others who say she seemed full of herself.  She didn't look at her interviewers at all; nor was she looking at the audience.  She was all into herself.  But it left me wanting to know more about her because she does appear to not only be enormously talented, but very interested in giving back, and that's never a bad thing.

I enjoy Viola Davis's work, but I think today's appearance (is it still Thursday?) was completely scripted.  I think she wrote a script, memorized, it and performed it.  Very odd.  

Viola Davis is a critically revered actress of film, television and theater and has won rave reviews for her intriguingly diverse roles.

Who uses the term "critically revered"?  Critically acclaimed--maybe.  Just plain "revered," okay.  Odd...just odd.

Masturbation humor should be restricted to adolescence.

And adolescents...the only ones who can truly appreciate it.  

• Love 3

I couldn't follow the beginning of the show today. They were talking about Derek Jeter and RP said she hoped they could get him on the show, then RO burst in with some comment about wanting Olaf from Frozen on the show, and Whoopi went with it, talking about hot lights and puddles or some such, then went right back into, "Speaking of sports, an ESPN commentator..."

I think Olaf is Rosie's new Tom Cruise.

• Love 1

I like Michael Strahan for the most part but I am more then tired of hearing him talking about Metamucil and whatever those new wellness items they have out which he says he uses to stay full that he's endorsing. I guess that's part of why he was booked on the same episode as the treadmill lady. 

I did enjoy the hot topics/discussion between the ladies before the guest segments started.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 1

They all seemed more relaxed on today's show. I wonder if it's because it was taped or if they are just getting more comfortable with each other.

I was glad to hear Nicolle agree about the Colorado student's protest. I think she is really a moderate republican not just a talking head.

• Love 1

I'm a Rosie O fan but for the life of me I have no idea why you would want to throw a baby up in the air as far as you can.  I don't know if it's because I had trouble having children or recently that my 2 week old grandson's arm was broken during birth from just being wedged and lifted out. Why would you throw a little one like that?  Don't let sugar pass their lips but catapult them as far as you can.

Either way a 52 year old with a princess plate does not sit well with me. Gosh I am crabby. Glad there will be wine with dinner tonight.

I am happy to hear Rosie's daughter is texting her mother because when I would listen to her radio show her daughter and she seemed at odds.

• Love 2
What was up with Whoopi's shoes today?!

Just more of the collection.  I "Friended" Whoopi on Facebook because someone said she posts pictures of the shoes she wears on "The View." Every day.  Today's shoes were kind of that "pointed-toe Mongol boot" style where the toe really curls up.

Throwing babies.  My friends, relatives, and I all threw our babies up in the air...but mostly just a few inches.  I've seen it done all my life.  Most babies love it and giggle with glee.  It was both impressive and scary seeing the height Jessica Simpson's baby reached.

• Love 2

My family was literally ripped apart because one nephew was throwing his small baby in the air & my other nephew, a doctor, told him he could cause brain damage, explaining that a baby's brain is not firmly attached, etc.  I never checked it out because it "seemed right" to me at the time, but now I think my (doctor) nephew may have been wrong.  Just sayin'.  FWIW.

• Love 1

Just wanting to finish (on my part) what was started.

I didnt notice any gushing, or lack thereof.

I was able to find a clip that worked for me.  I watched it twice (that's all I could take of Viola's hairstyle and makeup - both of which were some of the worst I've ever seen, I found both to be horrible).  But twice was enough to be able to say that I can stand by my original comments.  Whoopi chuckling under her breath when Viola first started speaking - still don't know what that was - and stopping when Viola didn't bite.  Rosie P did point to Whoopi though, but Viola seemed somewhere else.  There was what I would consider unusual gushing by Whoopi over a tv show.

There was no gushing by Viola for Whoopi, which would constitute a lack thereof.  Which brings me back to my original point, being:  I am accustomed to guests lauding Whoopi.  It's not wrong, and it's not undeserved, and I find it's done by most guests.  So I do expect it, and it was certainly noticeable to me when that did not happen, and I believe it could have been a little noticeable for Whoopi, too.

Because it happens so much, I have come to expect it and, therefore it is obvious to me when it does not happen.  If it is not noticeable to others, then I respect that it's not noticeable to others.

I'm a Rosie O fan but for the life of me I have no idea why you would want to throw a baby up in the air as far as you can.

I don't think she encouraged "throwing a baby up in the air as far as you can".  I recall her saying that she would trust parents to know for themselves what is safe.  She added he is a former football player, and that it was in the pool, over water.  But I agree that did look very high! 

• Love 1

Nicolle seemed to be having a good time today.

Yes, she did!  That's a good thing, because I watch for fun and if they're not having fun, why would I watch?  She does seem more relaxed.  She's even introducing segments etc. and is not half bad, a fast learner.  I am sure she is getting a lot of help from, and kind and positive support from the seasoned professionals with whom she sits alongside each morning.  I hope she's grateful for it and does not forget it when discussions inevitably turn toward the elections.  Of course she should state her opinions, as all of the co-hosts should, I am just hoping all will state their opinions, not talking points.  The audience is smart and can tell the difference between the two.  As well, I hope it will not get nasty.  If it does, as much as I like the others, I will be so outta there.

• Love 1

I think that Nicolle refusing to vote for McCain after running his campaign says a lot about her moral character. I consider myself intolerant of intolerant people, and I don't see that as being hypocritical. A lot of Republican social policy, particularly their views on homosexuality, are very harmful to other people and have a direct influence on teenage suicide and hate crimes. I don't hate Nicolle by any means, and I don't expect her to just say a Republican talking point unless she believes it. I think she kids herself sometimes, like when she equates bombing ISIS with invading Iraq, but I appreciate her (as far as I know...) not going crazy about stuff like Obama saluting with coffee in his hand.

• Love 4

I just hope that when Nichole starts repeating Right wing talking points..... and we all know she will be.... I just hope the other hosts push back against incorrect information..... even if it is just given as an opinion.

One of my favorite memes that I found.... not sure where it came from..... was Its ok if you don't like President Obama.... just make sure the reason is not a lie.

• Love 5

Dreamboat Annie: Quote:

I'd like them to as well but can see why they're not. They are feeling each other out still.** I don't think they want a repeat performance, and I know I don't want that, either. Nicolle is a political powerhouse, and the fireworks will come. "I dread it, because she is a staunch Republican and will not hesitate to not only defend all Republicans no matter what, but do what she did today by blaming President Obama for anything and everything including sugar in cereal.*** Other than Nicolle, they're all treading lightly..." End Quote

Its sad, but ive noticed (even moreso, after reading post- after post- after post) that Liberals are just not very tolerant people and many just don't want to admit that. I am not even saying that is a bad thing. EVERY human being has the capacity to be intolerant of other people, and it varies greatly depending on life experience or just basic biology. As long as no one is hurting anyone else, it doesn't really matter if you fully accept every single person you come across in life. Where liberals go wrong, and why people tend to grow out of those beliefs, is that they pretend they are magically immune to this feeling. They pretend that they have somehow evolved higher than the rest of us and they love everyone and accept everything. Not only is that impossible, they prove on a daily basis that it is just not true. In fact, they tend to be less tolerant than their evil conservative counterparts. Deep down, many must know this is true but will never admit it because to be a liberal, is to now be sitting at the metaphorical "popular" table, and you just don't want to give that up.

** I'm neither liberal or conservative; but am pragmatic and vary my views depending on issue. It's that reason that I am opposed to a statement such as, "well, they're a republican, so must, no matter what, support another republican." This is not true unless the said republican is an ideological person. But of course an ideologue can be found on both sides of the aisle...

*** and no, these are not "talking points"

Oy gevalt... I'm gonna get it now.

How do you feel about someone painting an entire group under one veil??

You know... kinda how earlier in your post you told us how Liberals act and think...... I'm a Liberal and quite proud of it.... but you didn't describe me at all in your anti Liberal definition. To be honest with you.... I have heard about many many more Republicans changing and becoming a Democrat than a Democrat becoming a Republican.

Really.. the only time I have heard someone say they changed to a Republican... they were young when they were a Democrat.

I have found that most people who say they are not a Republican then bash Liberals tend to be embarrassed Republicans so they dont admit to it..... I dont know if that is you uesNY.... but it seems you should try to meet more liberals because from what I have seen.... Many of us are quite tolerant of others

• Love 16

Here's my take on Viola Davis.

Say that you're an actress, you have studied your craft and you're very good at it; but because you're a darker skinned black woman, casting directors, directors, producers look at you and say, "um...no...maybe for the role of the maid, or the friend of the lead character (a white woman probably) but she's just not...well attractive enough for the lead; and we can't give her a love interest because...well no one would believe it...right?"  Now imagine someone saying that to you a thousand times.  

Then you're cast in a role of a woman who is smart and sexual and FINALLY, someone sees you as a real person!  

I'd be pretty fucking full of myself too.

• Love 14

Not only would I be proud as all hell, but I would rock my natural hair for the whole world to see ... like it or lump it.  It fills me with pride to see a dark-skinned, kinky-haired actress sitting up tall and not being ashamed of all her accomplishments or her African features.  I love the sight of that crown of coils and red lipstick on full lips.   She looked glorious. I say Amen.

• Love 10

Also in regards to Viola's interview, I think she is candid about the struggles she has faced in her acting career, so interviews generally go there because she is willing to give honest and buzzworthy answers. I loved her in Doubt, but she is tweeting Shonda Rhimes a thank you for believing in "her craft", I mean it's a soapy law procedural, so she can have a seat. If she isn't involved in her twitter then her PR firm deserves a raise because they have her insufferable voice down pat.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 1