Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/22/14

Athena
  • Start Topic

When Andrea Martin was on and they are talking about proposed names for her book (and kept getting beeped) it was cut away as soon as they asked about her 28 year old boyfriend. A commercial or two came on then it was back to the View for two seconds and then commercials again. I was wondering if they cut away because of all the beeps? Thoughts?

There seems to me to be a disconnect or a lag between the guests/hosts comments and the audience's response.  I don't like the new studio seating.  Those audience members in the front seem too close to the table/stage.  And the other audience seating seems to spaced out.  The audience feeds off each other and when there is too much space, there is a lack of immediate response.   Since that is my only complaint, (that and the table), they must be doing okay.  Nicole could do a little better about talking over people.  But I think she may be a little nervous.  She is out of her element.  This is probably the most money that she has ever made and I don't think she wants to screw it up.  I'm so happy that she doesn't jump on ever topic as a political talking point.  I hope that they continue to not cross-talk each other.   It is good to come here and talk about topics that they discussed and not talk about horrible behavior of the hosts.

• Love 5
There seems to me to be a disconnect or a lag between the guests/hosts comments and the audience's response.

I've been to a few tapings of talk shows (Regis, Classic Rosie, Original View), generally the audience is usually a little bit slow on the uptake.  I and my friends were always the first to chuckle, we'd wait a few beats, then the studio audience, by large, would start laughing.

• Love 3

As much as I like Nicole Wallace, I found it appalling that she pinned the lack of climate change dialogue on President Obama when everyone knows her political party has buried its head in the sand over this issue: The elephant in the room is clearly the fact that the Conservatives and the Republican Party are in complete denial of these global changes in our climate, and I was shocked that no one called her out on it, except for perhaps Whoopi, but only half-heartedly. I know they don't want to stir up combative energies, but come on, if there is an elephant in the room, call it out for god's sake! Did lively debates and truth telling take a backseat to the need to be all chummy and sing kumbaya (did I spell that right)?? I don't think these characteristics are mutually exclusive.

Edited by bluemosaic
  • Love 10

When Andrea Martin was on and they are talking about proposed names for her book (and kept getting beeped) it was cut away as soon as they asked about her 28 year old boyfriend. A commercial or two came on then it was back to the View for two seconds and then commercials again. I was wondering if they cut away because of all the beeps? Thoughts?

I was trying to figure out what was being bleeped.... I really hate when they bleep stuff and use those black bars on silly things... like Kathy Griffin's butt crack (It was on her book cover but blacked out on daytime TV??)..... but anyway.... I had to Google what name Steve Martin suggested for the name of her book..... and I kinda snickered when I realized what was bleeped.... Perky Tits... yes.. they bleeped tits..... I wish they realized that their audience were adults

Edited by RogerFromOhio
  • Love 3

I was trying to figure out what was being bleeped.... I really hate when they bleep stuff and use those black bars on silly things... like Kathy Griffin's butt crack (It was on her book cover but blacked out on daytime TV??)..... but anyway.... I had to Google what name Steve Martin suggested for the name of her book..... and I kinda snickered when I realized what was bleeped.... Perky Tits... yes.. they bleeped tits..... I wish they realized that their audience were adults

Lol, OK, Perky Tits makes more sense than "Perky Pussy".

That was all I could think they were bleeping.

I love Kathy Griffin.

Pretty good show.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 4

I feel sick to my stomach watching the videos of the missing college student out, alone, seemingly in an inebriated state. She seemed so vulnerable. At the same time I'm in a FB group about missing people, and one case came up of a 16-year-old girl who had been found, murdered, after meeting up with someone she met online. 

Is it slut-shaming to say, "Be careful out there?" I don't think so. That line was popularized by an actor playing a cop on Hill Street Blues, to his squad. The fact is that people - men, women, children - should be careful out there. There are predators, there are people who will take advantage of someone in a weaker state, there are terrible things that can happen to you when you're not in control. 

I would think a parent is well within their rights to tell their children - male or female - how to take care of themselves, how to be aware of your surroundings, how to guard your privacy when on the Internet. 

That's not shaming, that's self-preservation. 

I agree completely. . IF someone is assaulted in that state, certainly the perpetrator is the guilty party and deserves the utmost punishment, but not that's not all that can befall someone in that state. How many  have been found dead in snowbanks or in stairwells or in creeks or rivers dead of exposure or alcohol poisoning or injuries from a fall? Male or female, getting yourself ossified  and then wandering out alone is a sure way to get taken advantage of, robbed, hurt or killed and you have put yourself in harms way by not having your wits about you. In a perfect world, we could all act like fools and have no  consequences to our actions, but this is far from a perfect world. We have passwords and pin numbers on our bank accounts to prevent others from taking what is ours, why risk our must precious possession.. our lives?  

• Love 7
And , I think the reason Rosie looks different is her teeth. Maybe she has had her teeth capped ..

I think you're onto something Wabanagirl1952.   She has probably had her teeth capped, recapped, veneered, plated...lotsa stuff.  The way she moves her mouth when she talks is always irritating--well, not irritating, but really noticeable in a not good way.  It seems much more pronounced now  (I'd highlight your name, but I haven't murdered this rabid mouse yet).

Guess I'll stop posting until I get another mouse (this critter is brand new).  It's causing me to look crazier than I am.  I think they said that Steve Martin wanted the title of the book to be PERKY TITS...and they proceeded to say TITS numerous times.  Rosie said it was allowed on the show.

Edited by maraleia
  • Love 3

Not that I expect them to bring her name up now, but since they did talk about the hacked nudes scandal again yesterday, today another name was thrown in and it hit a bit closer to home: http://t.co/RS8OFU8tCn.

Didn't watch today's show, but watched yesterday. I certainly didn't need the crosstalk during Lara's segment. It actually gave me a headache.

• Love 1

Something is wrong with my new mouse (rabies???).

Funny!!!

I think the coffee table idea was to mimic more of a living room feel, homey I guess. In my family more fun and conversation takes place around a kitchen table or island. Perhaps that's why I couldn't stand the new look, the old way seemed more natural somehow, to me.

• Love 2

I think they are working on a new table. The old one seemed to me to reflect girl friends around a kitchen table chatting - despite the huge THE VIEW on the drop leaf.

The new one looks like a kiddie table and not at all like a coffee table.

IIRC they took the table out, moved the chairs back, when they had a guest on today.

OTOH the show is probably insisting on a custom made table to remind us what we are watching, lol. Like there is any doubt.

• Love 1

When discussing that news girl that just walked off her job spiewingcthec 'f' bomb on her way out on live t.v., did anyone catch Whoopie saying how she felt like doing that a few times? He he yeah Whopp, it clearly showed. Sure am liking her attitude with these ladies. She's done a complete 180. This is a good show. Loved Rosie P.'s outfit today!

• Love 7

Yep, we're seeing the real Whoopi and not the one that worked with a cranky 80 something and Dumb and Dumber.

ETA - if I had been her and used my friendship or influence to get guests on the show and they were treated the way they were I would have been mortified.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 5

Has Whoopi always done the "uh huh... right... uh huh.... uh huh" thing when other people are talking or is this new? I never noticed it before, but it's been years since I watched regularly. Whatever, it's really annoying and makes the interview/discussion more about her than the person actually saying something of substance (what a change!). You don't need to let them know you're listening. That's your job.

• Love 3
the old way seemed more natural somehow, to me.

They have gone with such a strong departure from the old View (and in so many ways that's a good thing) that they seem to have forgotten what works.*

call it out for god's sake

I'd like them to as well but can see why they're not.  They are feeling each other out still.**  I don't think they want a repeat performance, and I know I don't want that, either.  Nicolle is a political powerhouse, and the fireworks will come.  I dread it, because she is a staunch Republican and will not hesitate to not only defend all Republicans no matter what, but do what she did today by blaming President Obama for anything and everything including sugar in cereal.***  Other than Nicolle, they're all treading lightly...for now. 

*  I said the other day that I hoped Joy would return as a guest host.  I know now there's no way they'd want us to associate in any way with the old View, even when it's a positive thing.

**  Did anyone else feel deja vu hearing that Rosie took Nicolle (and her husband, apparently) along with her last night, and it was Nicolle's first red carpet experience?  Rosie took an ungrateful Bits along on what was Bits' first Broadway opening.  Rosie's too nice.  She tries hard to befriend people only to be hurt in the future.  There are some snakes you just can't charm.

***  Although, that one could be blamed on Mrs. Obama. 

The new one looks like a kiddie table and not at all like a coffee table.

LOL, it does, maggiemae

Edited by Dreamboat Annie
  • Love 4

Forgot to say that Nicolle seemed truly incredulous regarding the types that are now going for the Miss America title.  I agree with her and I found that really funny.  But then, how could she be so surprised?  There's no doubt her surprise was genuine.  Now maybe that's something the old View and the new View have in common - some panelists just don't think it's important or necessary at all to inform themselves or do any research, or even be briefed whatsoever before a show. 

• Love 3

I was a little disappointed today.

First, I did not like how Rosie questioned Gov Christie's weight loss method. Why he chose the lap band is his business and I felt Rosie was being too judgemental in that regard. I know she's not perfect but I expected better of her.

I was also not impressed with Kathy Griffin appearance. I did not find her funny and felt she rambled when she could have kept it short. That said, the woman looks FABULOUS. I know she's had work done but it does not at all look obvious.

Last, I am in the minority but I like the table. I think it goes well with the set and it looks very casual. I don't care if they change it or not but it really does not bother me.

One other thing that someone mentioned a couple pages ago regarding yesterday's show about Whoopi and the Windows phone: Whoopi said something about a Samsung commercial where they complained Apple copied their bigger size despite initially making fun of it. She then mentioned how they also said Siri cant do what Cortana can. She actually conflated the two. The Samsung commercial (which I loved because it poked Apple in it's eye) did  call Apple out regarding their bigger size. But the other commercial was indeed for Windows phone (the one in the ad was actually a Nokia model) and discussed Cortana. So yeah, she was a little mixed up there but I think it was more about bragging she got the new phone.

• Love 4

Isn't it too bad that we can't simply watch four interesting (enough) women without having to categorize them.  "I'm the Republican."  Who cares?  Let's just hear some good information, true opinions, glimpses of intelligence, a little give-and-take, and--most of all, respect!  I don't care who is/was Catholic, who's an atheist, who's straight or not if they're NOT interesting and entertaining.

• Love 8

I looked up the story about the Palin family, I had not heard of it and the ladies explanation was hard to follow.

The Palin's starting with Sarah are a bunch of jerks. For some reason I thought the fight started because some stranger made a comment about their family and the brawl went from there. Oh no, the son confronted an ex of one the daughters and the fight was on Track throwing first punch, then in jumps Bristol.

So Sarah Palin, is proud that her kids started a fight and acted like fools...OK.

You left out Track's friend whom he brought along (uninvited) to the party and was throwing punches too and Todd who jumped in the middle of the fray and ended up flat on his ass with a broken bloody nose.

As much as I like Nicole Wallace, I found it appalling that she pinned the lack of climate change dialogue on President Obama when everyone knows her political party has buried its head in the sand over this issue: The elephant in the room is clearly the fact that the Conservatives and the Republican Party are in complete denial of these global changes in our climate, and I was shocked that no one called her out on it, except for perhaps Whoopi, but only half-heartedly. I know they don't want to stir up combative energies, but come on, if there is an elephant in the room, call it out for god's sake! Did lively debates and truth telling take a backseat to the need to be all chummy and sing kumbaya (did I spell that right)?? I don't think these characteristics are mutually exclusive.

Nicolle bugs me but it hasn't surprised me one bit that she'll jump on any issue and blame Obama for it. You should hear her and Joe on Morning Joe. What's annoyed me is how hers is the only political voice that's being heard with at most only a slight murmur of disagreement, thus allowing her ridiculous claims and lies to stand with virtually no corrections. The other three women aren't shy about voicing their mostly Democratic points of view but they're being stifled and no balance is being offered. It might be that new producer Wolff is afraid of being called liberal after so many years of doing Rachel Maddow's show and he's over compensating. If that's the case I hope he gets over it soon.

• Love 8

I had flashbacks to Rosie hanging with Bitzy when Nichole mentioned going to Rosie's Broadway kids event.I can't stand Chris Christie but I thought Rosie's criticism of his choice for surgery was unnecessary. I also think that if a democrat she liked had the same surgery, the 2 Rosies would have jumped all over Nicole or anyone who dared criticize his or her choice of surgery.

I am a democrat, never voted for a republican, but I don't feel a need to defend everything a democrat does, or never recognize if a republican is right, or feel the need to criticize everything about them.

• Love 5

I'll be the contrarian and say that I don't find Nicolle rabid or vicious.  Everyday, I find it harder to defend Obama and I'm a dyed in the wool liberal.  Climate change and doing something about it, is something that Obama collapsed on in his first or second year in office.  That's not to say that the anti-science Teapublicans aren't full of shit on the subject, but it's a fact nevertheless.  This is textbook Wallace, and I can see how it would bug the shit out of someone, but I find there is generally a grain of truth in much of what she says, imho, anyways.

Ro's honesty about how she pondered about Christie's choice of the lap band over newer methods didn't bother me a bit either.  And I thought it was great that they broke the 4th wall and invited him onto the show.  I can't stand him, think he is a "wolf in sheep's clothing" and full of shit with his so-called "moderate" views, also an utter failure as the governor of New Jersey, (jobs down, bond rating down down down, questionable ethics) but a lot of people find him a plausible candidate, so yeah, have him on!

• Love 5

I'll be the contrarian and say that I don't find Nicolle rabid or vicious. 

I think it depends on what show she's on. On Morning Joe and Bill Maher, she was a lot different. It's possible she has changed her ways and toned it down. Also possible she wants to appear moderate and a direct opposite of Hasselbeck. What I suspect is that she is taking a laid back view because the media seems to be doing a great job excoriating Obama's every single move, saving her energy. Perhaps her tone/behavior will change if/when Obama's numbers go up or he encounters some public success. 

I can't stand Christie and don't understand this idea that he is some moderate. Maybe it depends on what one describes as moderate since the teabaggers have taken over the GOP but the guy's policies are atrociously favorable towards the hard right. I just don't get why people think he's even keeled.

Hmmm, maybe it will take the national spotlight of a presidential run to expose his real views. I definitely think he's running. Nicolle is obvioulsy enamoured with him. But then she thinks Rob Ford is "awesome", so.... 

• Love 5

See, I just don't think she was that bad on Morning Joe - she loved to poke at Obama with previous Republican Talking Points when he actually was messing up - that's her shtick.  It's not that I agree with her or anything, but at least it comes from an informed place and isn't Teapublican.  And it's certainly not the dumb-assed crap that Bitsy used to spew.  She was awful on Maher because her shtick didn't work there, she got torn to pieces, which was highly entertaining!  On Maddow, I think she always did well, because she didn't try to pull those shenanigans with Rachel.  If I had to guess, she's actually just right of the unicorn like Rockefeller Republicans (they have now vanished of course with the advent of the Teapublicans), which is how she ended up working for Bush and McCain - that Bush was rolled by the Neocons is another conversation of course.

I think, that there is a general impression that Christie is a fiscal conservative and a moderate on social issues, which couldn't be further from the truth, but it's out there... plus he's a damn bully to boot!

• Love 6

Nicolle is obvioulsy enamoured with him. But then she thinks Rob Ford is "awesome", so....

I  have a feeling Nicolle is going to be enamored of whoever the frontrunner is, much the same way Elisabeth was.  And while Nicolle might not be a complete GOP fembot she is without a doubt a team player.  As we get closer to the 2018 Presidential election (assuming she and View is still on the air)  her Republican claws will come out.

I think, that there is a general impression that Christie is a fiscal conservative and a moderate on social issues, which couldn't be further from the truth, but it's out there... plus he's a damn bully to boot!

I think the Republicans are looking to showcase someone who isn't a complete and utter disaster.  Bobby Jindal and Rick Perry come to mind.  Next to them Chris Christie looks good.

• Love 3

I had flashbacks to Rosie hanging with Bitzy when Nichole mentioned going to Rosie's Broadway kids event.I can't stand Chris Christie but I thought Rosie's criticism of his choice for surgery was unnecessary. I also think that if a democrat she liked had the same surgery, the 2 Rosies would have jumped all over Nicole or anyone who dared criticize his or her choice of surgery.

I am a democrat, never voted for a republican, but I don't feel a need to defend everything a democrat does, or never recognize if a republican is right, or feel the need to criticize everything about them.

When I read your post after reading Stacee's post I gotta disagree. I didn't see her as being critical, but wondering why he went with a more dangerous method. She said that during the same time she was investigating methods of surgery and wondered why he chose the lap band surgery.

At least that was my take on her comments

I think it depends on what show she's on. On Morning Joe and Bill Maher, she was a lot different. It's possible she has changed her ways and toned it down. Also possible she wants to appear moderate and a direct opposite of Hasselbeck. What I suspect is that she is taking a laid back view because the media seems to be doing a great job excoriating Obama's every single move, saving her energy. Perhaps her tone/behavior will change if/when Obama's numbers go up or he encounters some public success. 

I can't stand Christie and don't understand this idea that he is some moderate. Maybe it depends on what one describes as moderate since the teabaggers have taken over the GOP but the guy's policies are atrociously favorable towards the hard right. I just don't get why people think he's even keeled.

Hmmm, maybe it will take the national spotlight of a presidential run to expose his real views. I definitely think he's running. Nicolle is obvioulsy enamoured with him. But then she thinks Rob Ford is "awesome", so...

OMG.... when I started reading what you were saying about Christie... my thought was he is Rob Ford without the drugs.... and then you mentioned him.. I swear Stacee.... GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!  hahahahahaha..... honestly..... how does it feel to think like me??  hahahahaa

• Love 2

A couple of other things about Nicolle, I thought it was cute the way she fan-girled about the talent of Rosie's Kids and admitted that her husband is a Musical Theatre geek.  And I just keep considering that if we have to have a "republican slot" I'm grateful to have her over just about anyone else we could have gotten and by all that's holy, we didn't get S.E. Cupp!

• Love 4

Yeah, wtf, Wallace seems a little intimidated and unsure of herself still.

Letterman mentioned Wallace joined the show in his monologue and said she was Communications Chief for George W. and because when you think of W. you think "Great communicator" so of course she got the job.  Then he played a clip of Bush communicatering.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 7

I  have a feeling Nicolle is going to be enamored of whoever the frontrunner is, much the same way Elisabeth was.  And while Nicolle might not be a complete GOP fembot she is without a doubt a team player.  As we get closer to the 2018 Presidential election (assuming she and View is still on the air)  her Republican claws will come out.

I think the Republicans are looking to showcase someone who isn't a complete and utter disaster.  Bobby Jindal and Rick Perry come to mind.  Next to them Chris Christie looks good.

It's probably old news, especially in Texas, but just last week I saw Perry's college transcript online. Holy.Crap. I'm just now recovering from the fact that three kids named Tripp, Track and Trig almost occupied, well, not the White House but the Vice President's home, whatever it's called. I will need years to unsee Rick Perry's GPA. Having said that, I hope Rosie takes that transcript and turns it into a wall mural for our viewing pleasure. The people need to know!

• Love 2

I'll be the contrarian and say that I don't find Nicolle rabid or vicious.  Everyday, I find it harder to defend Obama and I'm a dyed in the wool liberal.  Climate change and doing something about it, is something that Obama collapsed on in his first or second year in office.  That's not to say that the anti-science Teapublicans aren't full of shit on the subject, but it's a fact nevertheless.

That absolutely isn't a fact. Obama did not collapse in his first or second year of office. Under his administration he has drastically reduced the amount of allowable emmissions from cars. He has instituted numerous regulations to reduce carbon emissions from coal plants and the such. He has overseen a huge expansion to the renewable energy industry to the point that solar and wind power now account for a large portion of the country's energy suppy. He has tried and tried and tried to get a cap and trade policy and tougher regulations through congress but as is the norm, the Republicans have obstructed everything he has tried to do. I could go on and on about his proposals and accomplishments regarding global warming. He has easily been the most aggressive and most successful president ever in the area of climate change and his achievements could have been even greater if he hadn't been blocked by Republicans.

See, I just don't think she was that bad on Morning Joe - she loved to poke at Obama with previous Republican Talking Points when he actually was messing up - that's her shtick.  It's not that I agree with her or anything, but at least it comes from an informed place and isn't Teapublican.

She raged against Obama with previous, current and future Republican talking points and was as right winged as any Tea Partier and it certainly wasn't just when he was messing up. If he BREATHED she was ranting and raving. Again, the list is very very long of issues that Obama didn't "mess up" on but that never once stopped Wallace or Priebus or any other Republican from making the most outrageous laughable claims against him.

She was awful on Maher because her shtick didn't work there, she got torn to pieces, which was highly entertaining! 

Her shtick is indefensible on pretty much any show she's on but Maher is one of the few that allows his guests to rant and rave (loudly) and she was outshouted. Most shows she just talks over everyone and nobody else can get a word in edgewise (a finely honed Republican debating tactic) which is what has, unfortunately, happened so far on the View. Once the Rosies get their acts and their confidence in gear, I am very sure they will have more to say and we will see shrieking Nicole at her finest.

• Love 16

Yep, we're seeing the real Whoopi and not the one that worked with a cranky 80 something and Dumb and Dumber.ETA - if I had been her and used my friendship or influence to get guests on the show and they were treated the way they were I would have been mortified.

"Real" she may be, but still clueless as hell. The constant focus on Sherri and Elisabeth and their tendency to dominate any conversation appear to have kept some of Whoopi's more cretinous views from hitting the airwaves. What a loon.

• Love 7

@shok, we'll have to agree to disagree. :)

(I'm quite aware of Republican obstructionism, I'm also aware that Obama reached across far too often and far too long when he actually had the House and the Senate.)

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 2

Go shok go..... speak the truth and maybe those in power will hear you

I didn't see Nichole on Morning Joe much..... I can see how she would be a Republican shill.... but honestly, she hasn't been that bad on The View so far..... I have no doubt it will change... time will tell

• Love 7

I think RO may look a little different due to the lighting of this show.  Say what you will about Barbara Walters, she knows good lighting can make anybody look better.

I'm willing to give Nicolle Wallace some time to get her sea legs.  It's a constant irritation to me that people with no experience whatsoever can walk into a starring role on a TV show or movie set because they are famous for something else but that's the way of the entertainment world.

• Love 3

I will need years to unsee Rick Perry's GPA. Having said that, I hope Rosie takes that transcript and turns it into a wall mural for our viewing pleasure. The people need to know!

Oh

My

Goodness!

That's really bad, and running for POTUS?

Bottom line?  The View changes are like night and day and I'm actually watching it instead of blowing it off.

• Love 5

I just have to say how much I'm enjoying RP's wardrobe.  She dresses like a little lady & everything looks fabulous on her.  Just sayin'.

The others look really good too & I'm glad Whoopi has stepped up her game!!

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 5

A couple of other things about Nicolle, I thought it was cute the way she fan-girled about the talent of Rosie's Kids and admitted that her husband is a Musical Theatre geek

What I find strangely endearing about Nicolle is she seems in awe of her new job and the people she's working with.  She was in the inner circle for one of the most powerful people in the world and yet seemed stunned that Rosie likes scrapbooking.  (Ok sure, they were letters from Barbra Streisand, but it's like Nicolle can't wrap her head around someone as famous as Ro doing something "normal.") Or that Rosie P enjoys Costco.  What celebrity doesn't like cereal sold in bulk?

Edited by mtlchick
  • Love 6

I was dreading Nicolle being chosen as a co-host. I was familiar with her on Morning Joe and she was constantly blaming everything on Obama without any real facts. She is definitely much smarter than Hasselbeck. I don't agree with her point of view but she doesn't try to turn every conversation into a political position. I don't think she really embraces the radical right side. I am truly enjoying the show now!

• Love 6

And I just keep considering that if we have to have a "republican slot" I'm grateful to have her over just about anyone else we could have gotten and by all that's holy, we didn't get S.E. Cupp!

OMG Good point. S.E.Cupp, seeing her on TV every week, hearing that voice, preening for the camera, flashing her legs...(((shudder))))

OMG.... when I started reading what you were saying about Christie... my thought was he is Rob Ford without the drugs.... and then you mentioned him.. I swear Stacee.... GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!  hahahahahaha..... honestly..... how does it feel to think like me??  hahahahaa

Ha! That's fine by me! /high five

• Love 3

Nicolle really stepped in it today when she complained about how she gets so annoyed with celebs with depression considering she was sitting between Rosie who struggles with depression and Whoopi whose friend just committed suicide.  I think it's a pretty heartless response; money doesn't buy happiness is a popular saying for a reason.  

The right is so happy about Obama bombing ISIS because they think it justifies Bush invading Iraq and or paints Obama as a hypocrite for voting against the Iraq war.  They seriously are incapable of seeing any grey areas or distinctions between starting a war for no reason and responding to the fall out of a war.

• Love 11

I think RO may look a little different due to the lighting of this show.  Say what you will about Barbara Walters, she knows good lighting can make anybody look better.

I second this. I've seen footage of Hasselbeck since she left and she looks haggard on FOX. Same with Sherri; when she was on Wendy Williams she did not have a glow to her like she did on The View. Her skin tone was dullish and she just looked - I don't know - boring.

Yes, that View lighting and camera crew are top notch.

• Love 3

Nicolle really stepped in it today when she complained about how she gets so annoyed with celebs with depression considering she was sitting between Rosie who struggles with depression and Whoopi whose friend just committed suicide.  I think it's a pretty heartless response; money doesn't buy happiness is a popular saying for a reason.  

The right is so happy about Obama bombing ISIS because they think it justifies Bush invading Iraq and or paints Obama as a hypocrite for voting against the Iraq war.  They seriously are incapable of seeing any grey areas or distinctions between starting a war for no reason and responding to the fall out of a war.

Yes, I thought the same thing about NW, but RO stepped to the plate with a really wonderful analogy (shallow/deep end of the pool) that completely smoothed out the rough edges of that comment.  IMO.

• Love 6

@shok, we'll have to agree to disagree. :)

(I'm quite aware of Republican obstructionism, I'm also aware that Obama reached across far too often and far too long when he actually had the House and the Senate.)

Sure it's fine to disagree. I have no doubt though that Nicole's true colors will be revealed relatively soon. :)

President Obama HAD to reach across the aisle because he actually only had the Senate for a few months. They had the House for a full two years under Pelosi, but definitely not the Senate. Technically they had a majority in the Senate (from Jan 09)  but right from the beginning the Republicans started in with their constant filibustering - many many many times more filibusters than any other previous Senate in history - and thus the Democrats needed a filibuster proof 60 votes, not just the normal majority of 51 and they only had 59, including reliable Independant Bernie Sanders and highly unreliable Joe Lieberman.

However of that 59, Frankel from MN was not in place as Republican Coleman stretched out his recount to ridiculous levels and Frankel wasn't sworn in until July 2009. In April 09 Arlen Specter defected from the Republicans to the Democrats which, after Frankel, finally gave them 60 in number only. Unfortunately, Sen Ted Kennedy was gravely ill and after March 09 was unable to vote. After Kennedy passed away in Aug 09, an interim replacement was named and sworn in in Sept and they finally had their 60 votes. That supermajority was tenuous though because 91 yr old Senator Byrd was by then only infrequently attending sessions and he passed away in July 10. Republican Scott Brown won the by-election for Kennedy's permanent seat in January 2010 and was sworn in at the beginning of February.

So in fact, he Democrats only had a 60 vote supermajority for four months and one week. During that period, the Senate only sat for 72 days so as a matter of fact, they had their supermajority for only 2 1/2 months, NOT two years. It is a testament to President Obama's governing abilities that he was able to get as much done as he did for that short tumultuous period of time. But of course Nicole Wallace will never acknowledge this truth and will continue the Republican lie that the Democrats had total power for two years.

• Love 11

I didn't take her comments to mean that she was annoyed at people who are depressed (and RP made it sound like she had battled with depression), but that she was annoyed at those who describe their lives are miserable by relating some story that isn't bad at all (I've seen people that I know do this). And I constantly hear people say that they are so depressed, when what they really mean is "I'm feeling a bit sad these couple of days". I think those type of statements really minimize the affects that true depression can have on people.

• Love 6

Nicolle really stepped in it today when she complained about how she gets so annoyed with celebs with depression considering she was sitting between Rosie who struggles with depression and Whoopi whose friend just committed suicide.  I think it's a pretty heartless response; money doesn't buy happiness is a popular saying for a reason.

I loved RO's comeback to Nicolle. Very well said. I hope Nicolle stops playing the "I'm just a regular person" card. She really isn't.

I think RO may look a little different due to the lighting of this show.  Say what you will about Barbara Walters, she knows good lighting can make anybody look better.

I would love to get this lighting in my house. Especially the bathroom mirror! Ha!

• Love 5

I thought Rosie's response to Nichole about depression was a little of an over reaction to what Nichole actually said. It's like people are examining everything she says, determined to hate her no matter what, and ready to take her down. I'm a democrat, have spent years working for democrats on Capitol Hill and actually like some of the Republicans because I am more than just a democrat and they are more than just republicans. I've also been treated for depression. To me, Rosie was just looking for a fight. I got the same impression yesterday from Kathy Griffin when she was looking at Nichole and everything she said was bleeped.

• Love 5

Sure it's fine to disagree. I have no doubt though that Nicole's true colors will be revealed relatively soon. :)

President Obama HAD to reach across the aisle because he actually only had the Senate for a few months. They had the House for a full two years under Pelosi, but definitely not the Senate. Technically they had a majority in the Senate (from Jan 09)  but right from the beginning the Republicans started in with their constant filibustering - many many many times more filibusters than any other previous Senate in history - and thus the Democrats needed a filibuster proof 60 votes, not just the normal majority of 51 and they only had 59, including reliable Independant Bernie Sanders and highly unreliable Joe Lieberman.

However of that 59, Frankel from MN was not in place as Republican Coleman stretched out his recount to ridiculous levels and Frankel wasn't sworn in until July 2009. In April 09 Arlen Specter defected from the Republicans to the Democrats which, after Frankel, finally gave them 60 in number only. Unfortunately, Sen Ted Kennedy was gravely ill and after March 09 was unable to vote. After Kennedy passed away in Aug 09, an interim replacement was named and sworn in in Sept and they finally had their 60 votes. That supermajority was tenuous though because 91 yr old Senator Byrd was by then only infrequently attending sessions and he passed away in July 10. Republican Scott Brown won the by-election for Kennedy's permanent seat in January 2010 and was sworn in at the beginning of February.

So in fact, he Democrats only had a 60 vote supermajority for four months and one week. During that period, the Senate only sat for 72 days so as a matter of fact, they had their supermajority for only 2 1/2 months, NOT two years. It is a testament to President Obama's governing abilities that he was able to get as much done as he did for that short tumultuous period of time. But of course Nicole Wallace will never acknowledge this truth and will continue the Republican lie that the Democrats had total power for two years.

I'm from Minnesota, I'm very familiar with the situation with Al Franken.  I'm also fully cognizant of the Republican plan to filibuster him and obstruct everything that he did, and the little meeting the night of his inauguration, I also remember Obama breaking all his promises about how he would conduct things with his healthcare plan. Nicolle does often make the implication that there was a filibuster proof Senate and ignores all the obstruction that occurred, if I had to pick one thing that annoys me the most about her, it is that. I'm actually to the left of Obama and I'm sorry, I can't be an apologist for him. That said, I can appreciate different points of view, especially when they aren't rabid and ill-informed a la Bitsy.

I didn't take her comments to mean that she was annoyed at people who are depressed (and RP made it sound like she had battled with depression), but that she was annoyed at those who describe their lives are miserable by relating some story that isn't bad at all (I've seen people that I know do this). And I constantly hear people say that they are so depressed, when what they really mean is "I'm feeling a bit sad these couple of days". I think those type of statements really minimize the affects that true depression can have on people.

I think Nicolle did step in it a bit, but I think Ro was pretty nasty in the way she responded, there was a much nicer way to explain the artistic temperament and how it lends itself or is often touched by mental health issues (depression, bipolar).

• Love 3