Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

ShaNaeNae
  • Start Topic

I really do wish Evelin would put a sock in it with her "family is important" and her savior complex.

In the Latin culture family is very important.  What Evelin needs to learn however, is that this may not be the case in other cultures.

• Love 4

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but I was surprised to see Mo drinking beer. I could have sworn that in teh episode where Danielle's family goes to that restaurant everyone was shocked that he doesn't drink....

• Love 1

Well, and I have to wonder if Evelin is full of it when it comes to that anyway. If family is sooooo important to her, what's she doing with a near-stranger, thousands of miles away from her family? Why is is even contemplating permanence with a man who isn't close to his own family, knowing she'll rarely see her own family, they won't be involved in her wedding let alone the other big moments of her life, and her kids will barely know their grandparents?

• Love 8

Well, and I have to wonder if Evelin is full of it when it comes to that anyway. If family is sooooo important to her, what's she doing with a near-stranger, thousands of miles away from her family? Why is is even contemplating permanence with a man who isn't close to his own family, knowing she'll rarely see her own family, they won't be involved in her wedding let alone the other big moments of her life, and her kids will barely know their grandparents?

That is a very good point indeed.

• Love 2

I don't why I'm watching this show considering I don't like it.

My favorites are Evelin and Justin, but even they were disappointing. I think Justin likes Evelin for her optimism, positive attitude and faith in him.  I still think there is more going on in Justin's family than we know.  I don't know what it is, but a common theme among people with dysfunctional families is the ability to look good on the outside, and in some ways wrap it in a bow so no one knows about it.

At least Justin has the courage to admit his family stinks and walk away. I was horrified by the way Danny treated Amy saying he's not sure what his dad's going to say. I mean he'll still love her, but no f** off dad really? I mean if dad says something mean, you need to stand for her. 

I liked the ice skating date, but the brother coming in was annoying. I get the feeling Danny either lacks a backbone to stand up for himself or he's uncomfortable cuddling or both.

I think everyone on this show needs a metaphoric backbone.

I don't really like anyone else much other than Justin, Evelin, and Amy. I still think Brett is more sinister than he seems. 

Last season I didn't want Mike and Aziza to get married and I had my doubts about Alan and Kirlyam, and now after the re-union show they seem like solid couples. I wonder if this season anyone will have the guts not to get married. 

I predict:

Justin and Evelin- Will marry in good faith as I think he really does love her, and she really does love him.  However it wont work out long term as she will tire of his family's attitude towards her, and his attitude towards his own family.   They will divorce sometime after the 2 year period the conditional aspect is removed from her green card.

Danielle and Mohammad- They will get married, and he will even have sex with her to try and demonstrate a marriage in good faith.   He will apply to have the conditional aspect of his green card revoked way early, citing her lies to him upon her ability to support them while he cant work (true), her being unable to keep a roof over their heads (true), her families being physically and emotionally abusive towards him (true) and while anyone can see he was doing it for a green card all along, as there is is more than reasonable basis for him to want to exit even a good faith marriage, he will be granted it and free from her forever.

Jason & Cassia- They will marry and she might wait out the almost 2 years to get the condition taken off her green card, or if she finds a really good offer to trade up in the world well before then apply to have it removed on the basis of him being unable to properly support her, lieing (which has already been shown on camera), and keep their home sanitary or safe for her.   Then move on to the next better thing.

Daya & Brett- She will stay married to him atleast 2 years, and see how much money she can milk out of him.   If she can milk enough she will stay married, perhaps long term.   If she sees she cant she will look to get out of the marriage and find a way richer guy while still be safe to stay in the U.S.

Amy & Danny- They will marry, but she will grow so fed up with him she will divorce in 6 months max, and might apply to stay and keep her green card anyway, or might just say screw it and go back to South Africa since I think she really only came to the U.S for him anyway.

Chelsea & Yamir- They will marry, but he will grow frusterated with his lack of opportunity here, and with her stubbornness and selfishness.   He will divorce her after not too long and not even apply to keep his green card, as like Amy he only came to the country for his lover, and it does not offer him anything prosperous otherwise.    Instead will return home and try to get Myla Vox back together.

None of the couples will last for good, although Daya & Brett have the best chance if he can prove his worth as a sufficient enough provider for the gold digger; and if a better option when she is reasonably safe in the U.S doesn't come along.

Edited by feistyone35
  • Love 4

She is in looooove ... and like many other people when they are infatuated, her view of her beloved is distorted. She is seeing what she wants to see, not what is really there.  At this point, she isn't looking at Justin objectively, and probably believes that with her love and support, she can make him feel about his family the way she feels about hers. A few years later, she will realize her mistake, and then who knows what will happen.

• Love 1

It's all about that bass, that bass.... Lord, I did not need to see Cassia's ass.  Ever.

Daddy's dad didn't even shake Amy's hand (or it was edited out).  Move far away, kids.  Far, far away.

Mo wasn't even concerned about comforting Dani... it was all about him.  I love how she said she didn't do anything to get fired, they just thought she wasn't doing her job well.  It's as if she doesn't see the connection between the two.   Why did she even get a dress if things are so dire?  Why does she want a reception?  She needs to be committed.  

Me being evil:  I can't listen to her son talk.  

• Love 10

Justin's mom made me so angry.  She's ganging up against Justin with Evelin, that's a no-no.  She supports Jake and Darth Jennifer against Justin.  Justin is extremely uncomfortable with his mother.  There are reasons for that.  Justin looks cowed by his mother.  I think she's a mean person.

• Love 4

I didn't know that interracial marriages are not acceptable in the US.  

I didn't either. I mean, clearly, I missed that memo. I know several people, including a sibling, who are married to white people. I must alert them right away. *sarcasm*

I am still not seeing what Evelin is doing wrong. I also come from a culture where family is everything, so I get why it's disheartening for her to be away from home and in a situation where her SO is estranged from his family. Not only that, Justin has an annoying habit of not opening up, so she's in the situation trying to put pieces together about the dynamic without any real insight from Justin. IMO, Justin is handling this all wrong. Not Evelin, so I refuse to find fault with her trying to navigate what is surely an odd situation.

Again, I must say that Amy is just lovely. If I had her as a SIL, I'd be over the moon. I thought it was sweet of Danny's mother to embrace her the way she did, but my goodness, she's married to an ignorant racist. It's very likely she shares some of his views. She didn't object when her husband said something about them never wanting to visit South Africa. It bugs the hell out of me when people assume that South Africa is what they see on television: huts and wildlife. Capetown is a very, very vibrant, active city. I would liken it to NYC. Danny's father insisting that there is 'nothing' for him there was very bothersome. I bet he will have nothing to do with the children Danny and Amy end up having.

As far as Danielle getting fired...I feel like she likely received a couple of warnings about work performance, but she didn't take them seriously. When she said she didn't know why she got fired and then copped to not doing the job properly, I just had to sigh. Like countless Americans, I bet she has nothing saved up. So now, not only did she bring a dependent adult into the fold, but she has 3 minor dependents who are now going without.

• Love 8

Best quote of the night: "Mohamed sacrificed a lot to come here?" – Seriously?!?! If Mo had a decent job where he was previously living and gold is cheaper there. If it wasn’t beezness - he would bring a ring over. Love the empty threats about if they are going to marry. Of course they are. Man needs a green card. Dani’s son saying how Mo doesn’t really love his mom. Yup kid... you got that right.
Did anyone else wish Cassidy would jump a bit harder on fishlips?  So golden girl bestie is back from episode one.  She is concerned for fishlips?  For fishlips? Ummmm Sue darling, Brett just got freebie at home care for his daughter and a gal to warm his bed. Girlfriend, you should be thanking Daya.
Jason and Cassia. Dad’s ex-wife? So how many ex’s does dad have?  Cassia. Really what is Jason going to do in Vegas? Early bird buffet special. Dad and him off to a nudity movie. Home before 8 pm. The beach scene. I need bleach.
I really do not understand Danny’s dad in saying about the attitude of interracial relationships.  Is it because he is from Texas? I am not being funny now. I really want to know.  I would think a gay couple would be more offensive to him in this day of age than an interracial couple. Run Amy. Girl just run.  At least his mom was a decent human being.  Half expected dad with his attitude, to be in overalls, with a straw in his mouth and a straw hat. 
Evelin and Justin. I am wondering if the storyline is contrived by TLC powers that be. Mom's flip flopping doesn't make sense.
No Yamir and Vocal Fry! Yeah!!

• Love 6

As an eBay seller, I almost had to relate to Jason for a minute. I understand about wanting to get back to customers quickly, and that "ka-ching!" sound when you sell something. But dude.... turn off the phone at the dinner table. Or the early bird table, whatever.

• Love 2

Danny's Dad - What an asshole. Damn, he wouldn't even shake her hand - he must not touch her. Christ, I was so embarrassed to hear him talking as a representative of the US - hopefully she realizes most of us aren't like him, you know in the country where interracial marriage isn't accepted.....what??! What a sheltered neanderthal. And the comment about Africa having nothing to offer him for a trip? Ok buddy, you stay in your white suburb with your Wrangler jeans and the rest of us will go experience the amazing world that is Africa.

The Mom was sweet to show Amy so much support, but I was secretly hoping she'd smack him on the head after 3 or 4 of his rude comments.

• Love 11

Me being evil:  I can't listen to her son talk.  

I hear you, but he seems to be one of the only people in her life who dares to speak the truth.  And he's right!  There's no way in hell this "relationship" will last, especially since it was never a relationship in the first place.

• Love 4

I can't help but feel bad for Mo. He must have either led a terrible life back home or he's too embarrassed to go back.

either way it must suck to ditch everything and all you get is a broke momma crying at your sleave every five seconds.

Someone give this man a green card and the number to a rich cougar(sp).

• Love 4

I thought it was sweet of Danny's mother to embrace her the way she did, but my goodness, she's married to an ignorant racist. It's very likely she shares some of his views. She didn't object when her husband said something about them never wanting to visit South Africa.

My husband is SO racist lately...drives me nuts! Believe it or not I didn't know this about him for about the first 30 years we were married. I don't know if he was always like this, and I was clueless, or him just getting older made his filter dissolve. But our five kids and I ALWAYS call him out on his racism. None of us would stand there while he said what the dad did without telling him he was WRONG. So my point is you don't necessarily share someone's views just because you are married.

ETA: I obviously don't know how to use the quote thing properly. Pollock, for telling me to how to fix it, and to cooksdelight for actually fixing it for me.. Thank you both!

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 4

Danny is just immature. It shouldn't be on Amy to prove herself to his parents. He should've prepared her and then had a serious discussion with his parents separately on what he would consider acceptable behavior and what was off limits. Hell, he should've done the same with his silly brother. I also agree with whoever said unthread that he's treating Amy's race like a disease or something. I really don't like it when he refers to "her race." Why not "my ignorant father?" Oh Amy please don't think all of America is racist based on this dumb schmuck.

Dani, there is no budget. There never was. You have several children to care for. Job or no job, there never was enough money for a wedding budget. There should be no dress, reception,etc. They should've let the ring shop guy perform the ceremony and be done with it so that we can see Mo come up with excuses on why they can't be intimate even after marriage sooner rather than later.

Can someone please take the eyeliner away from Cassia? Jason has friends?

So Daya is wearing blue contacts...it's distracting. I also wish I had known that it only takes 4 weeks of insta-parenting to lose all of your selfcenteredness. I would've done that years ago. Who am I kidding? I feel like she spent most of that time being locked out of the house. So is that really less about the child and more about being away from your stuff for several weeks?

Edited by Forcereals
  • Love 11

Let's play a drinking game. Everytime Danny father says the world "interracial" we shall take a drink.

AND OH MY GOD WHAT DOES HE MEAN AMERICA DOESN'T ACCEPT THIS!? Why would his children let him be on this show!? How is he marry?! His wife seem so sweet..

Did the father just have a head injury in later life and now he just mouth the world interracial and racist garabage?!

I might have to add the word interracial from now on. But seriously who in America have a problem with interracial couple?! Do people even say that anymore?

oh...

INTERRACIAL!

Edited by JellyFishQueen
  • Love 5

Danielle looks like an adult version of Teen Mom Leah's daughter, Ali.

*Edited here to add that I find little Ali absolutely adorable. Danielle, not so much. The physical similarity is disturbing and confusing.

And really Mohammed, did you have to kick her while she was down about losing her job and tell her you don't believe she can get a new job? A hug or even a pat on the shoulder would have been sufficient in that moment.

Danny's dad is a douche, but Danny and his mom are bigger douches for sitting there quietly while he spewed his ignorance and bigotry on Amy. #RunGirl

Edited by mofa73
  • Love 14

First of all, poor Amy.  She seems like such a sweet girl who was obviously raised very well by a loving family.  Danny's father was terribly rude to her, refusing to even shake her hand, unless it was edited out to heighten the drama.  Knowing TLC, I wouldn't doubt it.  I understand that Danny's dad is an older man, from what will probably be the last generation with very narrow-minded views on life and race.  I can almost give him a break when I consider it from that perspective, but he should make more of an effort to build a relationship with the woman his son will spending the rest of his life with (presumably).  Dude is stuck in the 1950s.  I don't place any blame on Danny's mother for not speaking up when her husband said those things.  She's been married to this man for decades and is not about to rock the boat.  Amy is class personified and could do so much better than this.

Brett and Daya: Ugh.  Still.  As grateful as I am that we weren't subjected to discussions of Daya's status as a so-called 'insta-mom" this week, I'm still repulsed by them both.  That poor little girl, stuck in the middle of this mess.  Why doesn't Brett move to the same state his daughter lives in so he can have a more consistent visitation schedule?  Side note: Brett's friend Sue seems like a passive-aggressive busybody.

Jason and Cassia: Jason continues to fulfill his destiny as a boring, nebbish man who has his balls in a vice.  Cassia's insistence that he not have a bachelor party is a little silly.  It's possible to have a bachelor party that doesn't involve snorting lines of coke off a stripper's ass.  Her pronouncement that he skip the party doesn't bode well for Jason's marital sanity.  Also, as an Amazon seller, I totally get the excitement of a new sale.  I give him a pass on that, but he should probably take periodic breaks from his phone for the sake of his "relationship."  I continue to like Jason's dad.  I can't help but appreciate his laid-back style.  That poor old guy is just watching the train wreck as it happens.

Justin and Evelin: Meh for the third week in a row (but his passive-aggression and jerking his mom around is getting old).  Evelin seems like the nicest, most real girl aside from Amy. 

Danielle and Mohammed: Once again, I want to scream.  Danielle is an idiot.  Do I recall correctly that she was working as a healthcare aide?  I could be wrong, but I think it was some sort of low-skill job like that.  My only reaction during the scene where Danielle finally admitted to being fired was to laugh at Mohammed.  This certainly isn't turning out to be the gravy train he thought it would be, is it?  I love the fact that he came all the way here for the purpose of shafting a lonely, middle-aged woman, but ended up in a situation that is mostly likely worse than the one he left behind in Tunisia.  Time for the next prospect/victim, right, Mohammed?

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 4

In a way, Danny bothers me more than his father. He appeared to do very little to comfort Amy beforehand - only a halfhearted "It will be ok." And I noticed when he first sat down, he chose to sit next to his mother. Maybe you should sit next to the racist jerk so your fiance does not have to? And then not saying anything when his father made those horrible comments about an entire continent having nothing to offer and interracial marriage being a problem in the US. How about telling your father he is the one with the problem? Danny has no instinct to protect Amy.

• Love 19

Did anyone else notice in the scene where Danielle and Mohamed were driving to jewelry store that it was Mohamed driving not her. What is up with that? Thought no driving until temp green card

• Love 1

In a way, Danny bothers me more than his father. He appeared to do very little to comfort Amy beforehand - only a halfhearted "It will be ok." And I noticed when he first sat down, he chose to sit next to his mother. Maybe you should sit next to the racist jerk so your fiance does not have to? And then not saying anything when his father made those horrible comments about an entire continent having nothing to offer and interracial marriage being a problem in the US. How about telling your father he is the one with the problem? Danny has no instinct to protect Amy.

Excellent points.  I noticed that Amy was forced to sit next to his dad.  At first, I thought she did it as a bridge-building tactic, but no.  On the second viewing, I realized that it was the only place she could sit.  Danny is still very much a child.  This marriage will be difficult for Amy.

• Love 7

Jason is an idiot. The beaches in the west coast of Florida are some of the most beautiful in the world, yet Jason decides to take Cassia to the most ratchet, nasty beach he can find? It's like he wants her to hate it there. I also think that most large public beaches in the area, like Clearwater beach, prohibit thongs. The beach he took her to reminds me of the beach in Tampa that we lovingly call beer can beach. It's not an official public beach, it's just sand and water on a stretch of highway, but because it isn't an actual beach, there are no rules, so people drink and dress inappropriately.

Poor Amy. Dad wouldn't even shake her hand. What part of the US does he live in where interracial marriage is not accepted? As far as I can tell, in 2014, it's widely  accepted. Maybe dad thinks it's still 1955. 

What is up with Brett and the older women? I seriously don't get it. 

Danielle and Mo, I have no words. I am now convinced Danielle has some kind of disability. She almost reminds me of someone with Asperger's. Her monotone voice and lack of eye contact suggest it. Does Mo have any other clothes  besides the sweatpants and polo he wears in every episode? 

THis show is boiling down to the battle of the moobs. Jason vs. Brett vs. Mo

• Love 5

Jason takes Cassia to the golden age early bird breakfast buffet to steal muffins for the week and he spends his time monitoring his ebay feed with that emotion-less, checked out expression on his face.  The poor girl looked disgusted and disappointed - and rightly so.  What a bore, and a boar.  Why is this moron planning to fly to Vegas before pimping his ride with door panels?  Where are his priorities? He's fucking 38, he's had plenty of years to lead the bachelor life with strippers and "prostitudds" - he doesn't need to have a last go at it.  What are these friends from LA, seeing that he's from the midwest?  His WOW guild?  I have news for you, Jason, they're not driving from LA to Vegas for your loser stag party.  At least Cassia can stand her ground with that imbecile with the flat affect.  If she's not comfortable with a stag party, and clearly she isn't and it's a big deal for her... it should case closed, he's not having it.  Not that passive-aggressive sulking.  The preview for next week has her having a meltdown over accusations that she's difficult... Jason is such an infuriating egotist, he'd make Mother Teresa turn "difficult."  This man-child will never be ready to share his boring loser life with anyone.

Justin's evil mom boasts that Evelin will be a great influence on Justin.  Yeah sure, because she can collude with Evelin to bring Justin back into the dysfunctional fold he's desperately and painfully trying to escape.  She likes Evelin only because she figured out how she can use and exploit Evelin to get what she wants.  "We're a team," she cooed, half-weeping.  I wanted to puke.  Good job, you have a ally in your war against your son.  You have come between your son and his fiancee.  You have pitted one against the other with your crocodile tears.  Go party with Jake and Darth Jennifer, I'm sure the three of you love to bond over what a loser Justin is.

Mohamed, noooooooooo!  You can't drag a fork like this on a non-stick pan!  It will lose his non-stick properties and you can't afford a new one!  Oh wow, she grabs his face with 5 breakfast sausages, forcing it to turn towards her, and ack!  Kisses him OMG brain bleach!  She can grab his face but she can't make him move his arms, firm and steady on the table.  She not getting no hugging.  I'm pretty sure that I saw Shrek in a giant GLAD Kitchen Catcher.  I feel so sorry for her daughters, they are so not into this "fairy tale." Can the mayor claim that marrying these two is above his pay grade?  I hope he finds some obscure bylaw to get out of it.

Were they shopping for rings at a pawn shop?  I believe I saw, painted on the glass door "ARCADE LOAN."  Why are they looking at rings and daydreaming before announcing their nickel and dime budget?  "This beautiful ring is $1200" - "We want two rings for a dollar" - "Here ma'am, try this classy yet affordable Ring Pop!"  Mohamed didn't care.  A ring, any ring, the cheapest ring... whatever.  He'll be out of there before the Ring Pop is melted.

"I need to tell you something" welps Danielle, with that imbecilic smile of hers in the face of having lost her job, and making Mohamed read the letter himself.  "You weren't serious about job, that's why you lost it," chided Mo, showing that her three daughters parenting her is not enough, she needs yet another person to parent her.  "I am wasting my time," he continued, while the beznessmen could be heard laughing at him all the way from Tunisia.  It dawned on him that he had failed to do his research: "I didn't expect that life would be like this here, so hard."  Oh no... the tears are coming... please no, not the sniveling puppy act again.

"I hope what you heard about me is good stuff" said Daya, to a chorus of crickets, and Brett's ex-girlfriend Sue.  Does Daya wear those fake colored contacts that make your eyes look like glass eyes?  In turquoise?  YUK.  She really cried for Cassidy, I wanted to give her a hug.  Now you're stuck alone with Liver Lips.  I feel you.  I do.

No, Danny, don't!  Don't take sweet Amy to the KKK lair!  KKKDad, who is a taint on all of humanity, greeted the dog with more enthusiasm than he did Amy.  At the table, he stared at her with daggers in his eyes.  Danny's mother looked like she wished he'd shut his big racist trap with every fiber of her being, she was so embarrassed.  KKKDad looked awfully upset, and exactly zero persons are falling for his "selfless" concern "what about the chiiilddren."  There is a special place in hell for this racist pearl-clutcher, near the furnace.

• Love 12

Danny's dad's hair was so distracting; the color of it was so unnatural. He also looked like he had a lot of makeup on.   He was such an ass, but Amy continued to be eloquent and poised.  

So they pushed the wedding way up so they could have sex earlier?  Is that what happened? 

• Love 4

Apparently me (white) and my Asian husband did not realize this either....methinks dad lives under a rock or is of very, very old mindset.....

Yes, my son and his Filipino girlfriend of 6 years, (soon to be fiancé! Yay! Ready for a grand baby!) will be interested to hear that as well. I've never wanted to smack somebody on TV as much as I wanted to smack that old bigot. Interracial marriage may not be acceptable in his world but thankfully most of the rest of us have evolved.

Danny is a wuss. He just sits there looking stupid while his dad makes Amy uncomfortable.

If I was Daya, I'd have told that old bat to mind her own business. Brett is a grown man. And he already has a mother.

I'm liking Daya more and more each week. Brett too.

I can't even think of a word to describe Dani. Pathetic comes to mind every time I hear her speak and see her clinging to Mo like she's drowning and he's her life raft. But pathetic isn't a pathetic enough word.

When they were sitting in the park, she looked like the lunatic old aunt that nobody talks about. I thought she looked bad with her glasses on but when she they were off in the park she scared the hell out of me.

She's just icky.

I hope Mo runs back to Tunisia and leaves her shrieking in the airport. I've tried to feel sorry for her but I just can't. She turns my stomach.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 4

Did anyone else notice in the scene where Danielle and Mohamed were driving to jewelry store that it was Mohamed driving not her. What is up with that? Thought no driving until temp green card

Me! Me! I did! I noticed that, too! I was kind of hoping he'd get pulled over and have to explain. Also, Dani could benefit from an English class. Mo should take her to class with him.

Does Brett have any male friends? Any who are not menopausal?

Cassia's butt is flabby. "Prostitudds" is my new favorite word. Thank you, Toaster Strudel

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 6

I didn't watch all of it... but here are my thoughts on the points I saw:

Brett and Daya seemed as viable a couple as I've ever seen them. Not that I think they're all that viable but still they seemed to actually sync up which was nice. 

Mo and Dani actually might split up! Please!

Justin and Evelin are the only couple I really like and I don't think it's international thing, I think it's a cultural thing. Justin the correct way to stop Evelin from teaming up with your mom is to fly her mom in. I also think you owe your fiancee and possibly the viewers an explanation on why you dislike your family so much particularly your mom. (Jake and Jennifer we get). Justin himself reminds me of his mom, but I can't figure out why other than they're both really passive. She also reminds of Michael's mother on Burn Notice. (Only more whiny and less awesome)

Finally looking for that perfect protest destination vacation! Somewhere like Fergusson only less crowded or more up and coming right now. Might we suggest a trip to the vicinity of Danny's dad's house! The perfect place to make your feelings known, this unique protest opportunity allows you to both celebrate love like you would during a gay marriage protest and stand against racial injustice! Just remember to book your return ticket to wherever you came from and to escape this unpleasant jerk! 

Seriously Run Amy run! and maybe take Danny with you. I wish he had stood up to his dad more but he was so embarrassed that his face was bright red. He didn't stand up, but he didn't give in either. At least his worrying this week seemed to be about whether Amy will still marry him (probably) rather than what does Dad think. Meanwhile how does the mother stay married to the father? Still the rest of the family is ok, except for some of the brothers.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 4

'Murica! Where the non-whites know their place and no one ever wears a bikini!

Danny and his mom both had a responsibility to speak up. Amy certainly shouldn't have to, not on a first meeting! That was just awful. I've been trying to give Danny the benefit of the doubt, but tonight showed what a spineless little toad he is. When he sat down next to his mom Amy's expression was that of sheer dumbfoundedness and terror. And then she sits down and behaves like the only adult in the room and tries to make conversation, and her beloved sits there while his dad insults her and the home she loves and misses. Ugh, just ugh.

I went into this show fully expecting to hate Cassia, but all I can do is pity her. Jason is a class A douche for taking her to that beach and implying that's what the entire gulf looks like.

Mo and Dani, you never let me down! Best trainwreck evah!

Does Brett have any male friends? Any who are not menopausal?

"Who all's coming to the barbecue?"

"My, uh, one friend. Remember I told you I have a friend? I swear she's real and she's finally coming after a month of you being here!"

• Love 10

Dear   Homophobe Heteros,

Before you start clutching your pearls about all the homosexuals who are waging war on the sacred institution of traditional marriage, please watch this clusterfuck of a show.  You'll find that straight people are doing a bang-up job of destroying marriage all on their own! I MEAN HOLY FRIGGIN' CRAP!  There is no way any of these people should be getting married!

Amy/Danny---  First off, to Danny's Dad:  You ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN.  YOU ARE A PHARISEE.  You are so bent on adhering to all the legalistic aspects of your faith that you've forgotten the most important injunction: to love others as you love yourself.   You are a total failure.  Oh, and don't bother offering up that sanctimonious bullshit about your future grand-kids having problems  You just don't want mixed race grand-kids.  Secondly, to Danny himself: consider becoming a eunuch for Christ permanently since you had no balls to begin with.  You do not bring a person that you claim to love into this kind of situation.

Cassia/Jason--  What kind of shithole has Cassia been living in that Jason can in any way seem like a savory prospect?

Mohammed:  Most. Incompetent. Gigolo. EVER.

Brett/Daya:  Daya, get used to those liver lips slobbering all over every part of your body 24/7, because those are the terms of your indenture! It cracked me up when he went to put his head on her shoulder and she reflexively recoiled.  Even Cassidy didn't wanna give him a second hug-- clearly she is also aware that her father is a gross, incompetent, buffoon.

Evelin/Not-a-Baldwin--  Evelin, you can do better. 

Edited by Gianthambeast
  • Love 16

Yes, I will have to tell my S American husband that interracial marriages are verboten in America and I will need to marry a Black guy.

Oh Danny boy, the pipes the pipes need to be slammed up against your damn head. I suppose this is what happens when someone who is CLUELESS and UTTERLY frightened about race decides to get into a relationship with a woman like Amy. His passivity enrages me. He is the worst.

Re racist dad: does anyone even believe he could locate England, South Africa or the Netherlands on a map? Seriously, I would bet my entire life savings and non silver interracial marriage wedding rings.

Now if you're Amy's mom or aunts, how the hell could you let her marry Danny? I was in the #runAmy camp, but now I am in the "get Amy back to S Africa by any means necessary" camp. Honestly, you wouldn't even have to stick her on a plane. Just hold her somewhere comfy until the 90 days runs out. I'd put her up in the Waldorf Astoria - she'd love it!

• Love 7

Danielle and Mo, I have no words. I am now convinced Danielle has some kind of disability. She almost reminds me of someone with Asperger's. Her monotone voice and lack of eye contact suggest it. Does Mo have any other clothes  besides the sweatpants and polo he wears in every episode? 

Sometimes I wonder if she's heavily medicated.  When she was telling Mohamed about the lost job, she didn't bother with the tears and the blubbering.  It was strange.  She fixed her barely blinking intense eyes on him, and states - "I can find another one", through gritted teeth.  She didn't look scared or upset.  I thought she was almost angry.  And she somehow managed to keep that dopey smile on her face the whole time.  I can't believe TLC didn't vet her and reject her for the show.

I thought Cassidy's greeting with her dad was strange, but she seems to see him only in the summer.  She was equally disinterested in greeting her mother.  I found that very unusual.  The cameras have been around a month, and I don't buy she's still just shy about them.

• Love 3

ETA: I obviously don't know how to use the quote thing properly..sorry (could someone please tell me how to fix it?) TYIA

It seems you have too much quote signs in your post. To fix it, edit your answer, clic on the little symbol <_ on the top left of the window. You have access now to a "notepad" version of your post. Cut the excess quote and \quote and their []. In your case : "quote name="ChiCricket" post="611600" timestamp="1417408299" at the beginning and the 3 /quote at the end.

I hope I'm clear and it's helping.

When we came to the US to do our road trip through your insanely beautiful National Parks (*sigh*, I still miss Bryce Canyon 18 months later), we just had to go make an international driving licence in our country and it was enough to rent a car and of course, drive it. We both have driving licence, this was just a formality. And we had to do it because we were told in some states our french driving licence was enough but in some others they need an international one.

With a K1 visa it's the same thing, each state has in own rules also (as per google and all of the answers I read). In some states, with a international licence, Mo' could drive up to 12 months. In other, it's just 90 days. And for a few, it's a big no. I'm not even sure they'd bother to check with the local DMV those two but hey! he could be within his rights by accident on this one ! 

• Love 2

Amy is way nicer than I am. When that prick said that interracial marriages are not accepted in this country, I'd turn and look him straight in the eye and ask him how on earth people get elected to high office in this country when quite a few are the product of an interracial union? I'd ask him what hick town he lives in that he's never been to a cosmopolitan city like where I come from? Oh, and no, we don't live in huts. That toupee-wearing douche is an embarrassment. And Danny just sat there and let her take it. I wanted Not-Alec-Baldwin to magically appear and take Amy out of there, explaining to Danny that when you have family members who treat your fiance like shit, it's what you do.

ETA a personal note: My father is about 15 years older than Danny's, from what I can tell. When my niece had two interracial children, he was one of the first people at the hospital, to hold them, hug them, love them. And we're from the buckle of the Bible belt in the south. Danny's father must have been an even more horrible man to instill this thought process in a person.

• Love 10