Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

ShaNaeNae
  • Start Topic

Does anyone know what Danielle did for work? I know she worked with the mentally ill, but I am just curious as to what specifically she did. She seemed so nonchalant about getting fired and acted like she would be able to find a new job quickly.

• Love 1

I thought Cassidy's greeting with her dad was strange, but she seems to see him only in the summer. She was equally disinterested in greeting her mother. I found that very unusual. The cameras have been around a month, and I don't buy she's still just shy about them.

I'm wondering if they shot that a few times and we saw a retake or something, because her mom didn't exactly swoop her up in a giant hug like you'd expect after a month apart. But I do think Cassidy is uncomfortable with the cameras. Poor kid.

Edited by cooksdelight
Original post edited
  • Love 2

Well, the racist in law didn't disappoint.  Do us all a favor Danny's dad, please don't travel to South Africa, or anywhere out of Texas.  In fact, you should stay in whatever tiny racist town in Texas you are from.   Please don't go off representing America to the rest of the world.  Point to Amy for pointing out that she is the product of interracial relationships and hasn't had anything horrible happen to her.  And typical racist move...."I'm only worried about the children!"  oh please, the only people their children will need to be protected from are racists like you, buddy.  

And whats sad, is that most people, knowing they will be on camera, will only say those things that they think are the most politically correct.  I can't even imagine what he wanted to say.  I couldn't believe the level of rudeness he showed.  If he was going to be like that, he should have just stayed at home where he could be a racist in peace.  

As for the rest of the couples.  Looks like Justin's mom is really pushing to be invited to the wedding.  I kinda hope he sticks to his guns, just because I feel like if he invited the Mom, the Mom would somehow manage to tell the rest of the family and they would show up.  I wouldn't want that disease of a SIL and her black cloud of negativity around on my wedding day.  

Cassia and Jason - I like how she is so judgmental about hookers when she dresses like one.  I like how he took her for a "nice dinner" at like 4 pm, and they appeared to order one plate of food.  I wonder how many $8 pieces of shit he had to sell on EBay for that.

Brett and Daya - I still don't like him.  But I did note that after a month Cassidy has a hard time happily hugging her mom, which was the same reaction she had to Brett when she first showed up.  I wonder what thats about.  Additionally, I will say that I found the whole conversation with Sue interesting, would she be asking these same questions if Brett was marrying some American woman?  Why should Daya feel any pressure to be married to him forever, he is a goober, and at some point she may want to get out of that relationship, even if she went in with the best of intentions.  Its like she will be automatically judged a user if she ever divorces him and honestly, there seems like a lot there that would warrant a divorce, so the additional pressure because she is foreign feels unfair.  Especially since most marriages don't last anyways, the divorce rate is at like 50%.

Dani and Mo - I don't fault him one bit for being pissed off.  She isn't keeping up her end of the bargain.  They don't think I'm good enough at the job, sounds like she did something wrong, but doesn't want to say.  It could be that she took loads of time off.  Is it just me, or do all of her kids look a few fries short of a Happy Meal?  He wants to get his green card, he isn't getting any younger or any better looking, so his timeframe to nab an American to marry is narrowing.  He is keeping up his end of the bargain and she just keeps hiding shit from him.

• Love 7

In a way, Danny bothers me more than his father. He appeared to do very little to comfort Amy beforehand - only a halfhearted "It will be ok." And I noticed when he first sat down, he chose to sit next to his mother. Maybe you should sit next to the racist jerk so your fiance does not have to? And then not saying anything when his father made those horrible comments about an entire continent having nothing to offer and interracial marriage being a problem in the US. How about telling your father he is the one with the problem? Danny has no instinct to protect Amy.

Agreed. Danny is a blithering idiot. whenever he says something to Amy about "your race" I CRINGE. The poor mother was obviously mortified but so cowed she didn't dare speak. He's terrified of his father.  Leaving Amy to get the conversation started and not supporting her at all just shows how immature and ill-equipped he is to handle, well, anything. Amy should head back to sophisticated, cosmopolitan Cape Town and let Dad crawl back under his rock in Klansville. Danny doesn't deserve her.

Mo. Dani. hahahahahahaha. Omigod, what a hapless, feckless pair. You can see that the dawn has broken and he is grappling with the realization that he has made a big, big mistake. 

Brett's friend Sue, good lord woman. how she dared to say the things she said to someone she just met--so classless. even if you have reservations, either be tactful or keep your own counsel until you've had an opportunity to observe the dynamics. Daya kept her cool, more than I would have done. 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 5

Brett and Daya - I still don't like him.  But I did note that after a month Cassidy has a hard time happily hugging her mom, which was the same reaction she had to Brett when she first showed up.  I wonder what thats about.  Additionally, I will say that I found the whole conversation with Sue interesting, would she be asking these same questions if Brett was marrying some American woman?  Why should Daya feel any pressure to be married to him forever, he is a goober, and at some point she may want to get out of that relationship, even if she went in with the best of intentions.  Its like she will be automatically judged a user if she ever divorces him and honestly, there seems like a lot there that would warrant a divorce, so the additional pressure because she is foreign feels unfair.  Especially since most marriages don't last anyways, the divorce rate is at like 50%.

I thought Sue was pretty offensive when she brought up Asian women marrying American men and then divorcing them. That was an extremely ignorant thing to say and I was surprised Daya remained friendly after that statement. Why not just try to get to know Daya for who she is rather than approaching her with preconceived notions? Daya was actually quite nice to her.

Edited by cooksdelight
Original post edited
  • Love 7

THis show is boiling down to the battle of the moobs. Jason vs. Brett vs. Mo

Lets put Danny's dad in the competition too, because those moobs were magnificent.  

Mohamed,   Oh wow, she grabs his face with 5 breakfast sausages, forcing it to turn towards her, and ack!  Kisses him OMG brain bleach!  She can grab his face but she can't make him move his arms, firm and steady on the table.  She not getting no hugging.  I'm pretty sure that I saw Shrek in a giant GLAD Kitchen Catcher.  I feel so sorry for her daughters, they are so not into this "fairy tale." Can the mayor claim that marrying these two is above his pay grade?  I hope he finds some obscure bylaw to get out of it.

Were they shopping for rings at a pawn shop?  I believe I saw, painted on the glass door "ARCADE LOAN."  Why are they looking at rings and daydreaming before announcing their nickel and dime budget?  "This beautiful ring is $1200" - "We want two rings for a dollar" - "Here ma'am, try this classy yet affordable Ring Pop!"  Mohamed didn't care.  A ring, any ring, the cheapest ring... whatever.  He'll be out of there before the Ring Pop is melted.

He is so very uninterested in her, its funny.  She must have kissed his neck/cheek like 4 times, he was trying to get out of it with one obligatory kiss, but that was not in the cards for him.  She is so set on molesting him every time she gets a minute.  If she put half the effort into her job as she does into molesting Mo, she would be running the company, instead of getting fired.

I guess she thought they would get a deal on the rings, but dang, 2 rings for 100 bucks?  You might as well hit up Claire's Accessories at the mall and call it a day.  Although, I also knew a guy who sold nice silver rings on EBay for like $10 each.

Geez, that dress, I don't know why she is insisting on this entire marriage/wedding/ceremony fantasy thing.  Here is the thing, she is just not going to look great in a traditional wedding dress.  She would do much better to spend that $300 on anything else, but if she must, she should take a portion of that money to the Dress Barn and find a white suite of some sort for like $100 and then use the other $200 for a nice hair cut and color.

Danny's dad's hair was so distracting; the color of it was so unnatural. He also looked like he had a lot of makeup on.   He was such an ass, but Amy continued to be eloquent and poised.  

So they pushed the wedding way up so they could have sex earlier?  Is that what happened? 

Yeah, apparently in America we don't believe in interracial marriage, but we do believe in unnatural orange hair?

I absolutely believe they wanted to have sex.  Still not sure about Danny, but Amy seems like she may have been behind that move.

• Love 7

I hope you meant to write homophobes there. If not that's pretty insulting to the multitudes of heteros who are on the side of equality.

Sorry. Duly noted and edited.  I was being (ineptly) facetious without thinking.   People who go on about how gay folks are a huge threat to "traditional" marriage, and then disregard what straight people (such as those depicted on the show) are themselves doing to it, just drive me crazy. 

• Love 7

It has not been said enough Danny's father is a Total F*@# Head!! I hope my Caucasian niece, her Haitian husband and their Beautiful 4 year old son never run into the likes of this F*@# Head.

• Love 5

I really and truly hope that these people were made to look much worse through editing because if not...why for the love of god do any of them have relationships with these people?   

Sue?  If anyone talked to my fiance the way that she talked to Daya, she'd be done in my life.  Done and done.  End of story.  You don't talk to someone I love that way.

And Danny's dad - oh for the love of Christ on a cracker, who the hell is he????  Amy is just so beautiful and poised and kind and loving.  Did you see the man shutter when she talked about the diversity of Capetown and she said "Zulus"?  I thought he was going to vomit at the mere mention.  And that they determined there is nothing in Africa for them....ummm, ok so ya know...the pyramids, the Library at Alexandria, Capetown, amazing scenery, safari etc etc but yup, nope, nothing good to see there!  That man made my skin crawl from the moment he got on the scene.  

• Love 12

Besides wanting to slap Danny's dad into next week, I also hoped he'd choke on that gum he was chewing so furiously.  And like others here, I'm not buying that he's concerned for the interracial children Danny and Amy will have.  Wonder what he thinks of our interracial President? 

• Love 7

These people... Where to start...

Jason & Cassia- He is rude. No social skills. I am thinking Jason was referring to his mother as "Your ex-wife" - nice, huh? I bet his dad poisoned him against women for all eternity. Can you imagine being his mother living with these two? $8.00, wow. That and a warm handshake will get you an order of mozzarella sticks. Either they filmed every single scene thus far on two days, or Cassia only owns two outfits. I just want to take her to Target, get her some tees and slacks, ya know. [snip] I was not expecting such a thin, young girl to have so much cellulite. Whoever said WOW guild is right... no way this chump has real friends.

Brett & Daya- What IS up with Brett and his 60+ year-old lady friends. Sue was, at times, incoherent. And, at all times, rude. I bet some sad sap ditched her for a lady of the Asian persuasion once upon a time. So freaking weird. How can Brett let her talk to Daya like that? I genuinely think that Daya is a decent person. She could do so much better.

Justin & Evelin- When J'alec catches wind of this collusion he is gonna have a meltdown. He looks eerily like his mother, I notice it more and more all the time. He is such a stereotypical PE teacher, too. I rip on my husband for being one all the time (we were both teachers when we were fresh out of school; he taught PE, and I taught HS English, neither of which lasted long). Poor Evelin is so sweet, I fear she has been much too easily manipulated by Marth Vader. I liked the first dress she tried on best, but I am not feeling beach wedding.

Danny & Amy- I was SHOCKED when he forced Amy to sit next to Grandpa Grandwizard there...The look on her face said it all. I can tell 40 years of marriage caused Mama Jan to fear standing up to this evil man. Someone needs to stand up to him, and Amy should not have to be the one to do it. Furthermore, Danny is 23- this guy had to be into his 70s... Weird. And the mother is significantly younger. His "Hair Club for Men" locks... smh.

And I saved the best for last... DaniMo! That vacant smile, the inability to make eye contact... CYS, please rescue these children! I really hope that they have had some other influential adults in their lives, because Danielle is clearly incapable of teaching them any valuable life lessons, aside from being a posterchild of what not to do. At least Uncle Paul & Aunt Sarah seem somewhat grounded in reality. Her poor son, a Rhodes scholar, he is not, but even HE can see that "Mohamed don't love my mom." Now that she's unemployed, here's hoping Danielle makes good use of Mohamed's English classes.

Edited by cooksdelight
Spoiler/preview talk
  • Love 8

A green card must be very important to Mo. I guess this guy had no money of his own when he came over here. Dumb. Seems he's depending on Dani for everything financial. He couldn't even touch her or hug her back when she was kissing him at the kitchen table.

I think they should let Justin's mom come to their wedding. She seems to care about Evelin. Just don't invite the brother with the big mouth wife.

Since Jason lives in a senior community, I'll bet it made some of the senior men's day seeing Cassia in a thong bikini. She is very strong willed, he is stubborn and not too bright. This is not going to work.

I've changed my mind about Daya a bit. She did seem sad when the kid left. Maybe being an insta-mom was not so bad after all.

I think Danny's father is from a very back woods rural area. He's not going to change his mind about interracial marriage. Don't invite him to the wedding. The mother seemed ok with Amy though.

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 3

Dear Cassia, if you want to be a swimsuit model, you might want to look good in one.   Cellulite is not a good look on swimsuit models.

Mo and Danielle are a multiple car pileup in the fog.   Of course she doesn't know why she lost her job.   They probably warned her that skyping her Tunisian beezniss man during work hours was a no-no.   But she gotta see her man, so there went the job.   Kids need a roof over their heads and food on the table, so sorry gotta bring my man over.  Nothing is as important as having a man in her life.   Even Mo is starting to wonder if the green card is worth it.

• Love 7

Danny & Amy- I was SHOCKED when he forced Amy to sit next to Grandpa Grandwizard there...The look on her face said it all. I can tell 40 years of marriage caused Mama Jan to fear standing up to this evil man. Someone needs to stand up to him, and Amy should not have to be the one to do it. Furthermore, Danny is 23- this guy had to be into his 70s... Weird. And the mother is significantly younger. His "Hair Club for Men" locks... smh.

Danny's the youngest of what, 8 kids? No surprise that the father was so old. And yeah, the gum. So classy. must have been special keep the brown person cooties away gum. And yeah, cosign on the lame "but what of the CHILDREN" excuse. Dude. This ain't "Showboat", there are no "tragic mulattoes" Derek Jeter, the Rock, Vanessa Williams, Alicia Keyes, Vin Diesel and Tiger Woods are probably crying all the way to the bank.

Fave moment once again Jason's dad (and his swiffer!). He made me laugh in that exchange with Jason about picking up a gogo dancer! he also gave Cassia's shoulder a squeeze when he walked in to the room, I thought that was sweet.

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 6
Danny's the youngest of what, 8 kids? No surprise that the father was so old. And yeah, the gum. So classy. must have been special keep the brown person cooties away gum. And yeah, cosign on the lame "but what of the CHILDREN" excuse. Dude. This ain't "Showboat", there are no "tragic mulattoes" Derek Jeter, the Rock, Vanessa Williams, Alicia Keyes, Vin Diesel and Tiger Woods are probably crying all the way to the bank.

Danny's dad looked SO much older than Danny's mom, in fact dad looked old enough to be MY father and I'm in my 50's.

I laugh at assholes like Danny's dad.  My grandfather and his brother both looked like white men; granddad didn't pass but his brother did, got married and had a lot of children, so sometimes you can't be too sure what race your grandparents are.  

Does Danny's dad even know who the president of the United States is?  Because if he does someone should tell him that he had a white mother.  

BTW, Vanessa Williams' parents were/are both light skinned black people.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 8

To Add: Bumping the wedding date up did boggle my mind. Advancing it 'cause you wanna get yo' freak on? Um, pretty sure that's lust... which is frowned upon in the realm of Christianity... If that's your mindset, get it out of the way now, and let the poor girl "enjoy" her wedding night. *rolls eyes and sneers*

• Love 3

I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that racist dad is not a huge fan of our president.

I wouldn't want Jason near strippers or "prostitudds" either. He looks like a suspect on CSI.

I'm sure Danny's dad can't stand our president; however he IS the president of the United States.  Gosh, what did Danny's mother see in that asshole?  I mean was he the only man in town?

LOL Jason does have that serial killer, put the lotion in the basket  vibe going for him.  

ETA:  That Sue person was pretty nasty herself.  What was that nonsense about Asian women divorcing the white men they marry?  Someone, please introduce her to Danny's dad!

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 7

RE Cassidy not hugging the parents when she changes homes: I think that she just has trouble making with the transition from one parent's home to the other's. It must be disorienting to her. She is so young and maybe the divorce wasn't that long ago. She gets comfortable with one parent and then BOOM she is with a different parent and his new girlfriend and then BOOM back to mom. I know she only stays with Brett for a month, but she is leaving her home and friends for that month. That has to be hard on her.

RE Jason's dad - someone mentioned that it was odd that Jason referred to his mom as his dad's ex-wife. But I think, the dad may have been married more than once. Perhaps Jason's mom passed away. I think the ex-wife he mentioned was just the last in a series of women for Jason's dad. Cassia is thin and young but skinny-fat - if she doesn't start working out soon, she is going to get flabbier and flabbier. [snip]

RE The Marionette’s dad - It's 2014 and we are in the Western world and no one blinks an eye at biracial relationships any more. My beautiful, bi-racial niece has not had troubles. In fact, you'd be hard pressed to find a classmate of hers who doesn't have a rich multicultural/multi-ethnic/multi-racial background. I wanted to kick Danny for not saying anything to his dad. Can't he even defend the continent of Africa???? He could have said something like, "I can hardly wait to visit myself! Amy has told me how lovely Capetown is!" Danny is too immature for marriage. You need to be able to think about another person and how they feel to even begin to be ready for such a commitment.

Edited by cooksdelight
Removed preview/spoiler talk
  • Love 9

Not everyone watches previews or wants to know what's going to happen next. That's why we have a spoiler thread just for that type of chat. Please refrain from posting things that are shown in previews, on social media or in the news within the main episode threads. Thanks.

• Love 2
I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that racist dad is not a huge fan of our president.

That dude has Tea Party/Religious Right written all over him.

I think that Justin needs to let his family come to the wedding. Not for the sake of Justin's relationship with them, but for Evelin's.  If he cuts them out, they will blame Evelin forever, even is he makes up with his family. Not only that, but Evelin wants to be part of a big close family and has said so multiple times. Denying her that opportunity is cruel and again, the family will blame her for it. He just needs to grow a pair and tell his SIL to shut her pie hole. 

• Love 9

To Add: Bumping the wedding date up did boggle my mind. Advancing it 'cause you wanna get yo' freak on? Um, pretty sure that's lust... which is frowned upon in the realm of Christianity... If that's your mindset, get it out of the way now, and let the poor girl "enjoy" her wedding night. *rolls eyes and sneers*

I really hope that someone has informed Danny of what a clitoris is and where one might be located. (Run, Amy!!! Run!!!)

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 10

Danny's dad is the worst kind of racist, he's a passive-aggressive racist.  It's not him that has the problem with Danny and Amy getting married, it's the country that won't accept it.  He isn't bothered by the mixed-race marriage, he's just concerned for their future kids.  He doesn't have a problem with Africa, he and his wife just jointly decided never to vacation there.  What a load of crap.  And where exactly does this guy live in Texas, anyway?  Texas is home to countless mixed marriages between whites and latinos.  There is a large creole population in southeast Texas.

Mohamed the scam artist needs to go back home to Tunisia.  Danielle's family needs to call him on his crap.

Cassia needs to lose the wingtips on her eyes, they drive me nuts.  And Brett, stick with heavy sweaters, dude.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 8

I also wish I had known that it only takes 4 weeks of insta-parenting to lose all of your selfcenteredness.

Oh Daya, that comment cracked me up too!

And then she sits down and behaves like the only adult in the room and tries to make conversation,

Yet another reason to love Amy.  All these idiots should be the ones making her feel comfortable and welcomed (Marionette, I am mainly looking at you) and instead she's the one so politely trying to make conversation.  The absolute irony that escaped the Dad was that his wife looked more like Amy than Amy's own Mother!  I honestly don't know if I would even put it together that Amy is mixed race if I saw her? 

How wrong is it that Cassia is now the one I feel sorry for?  If Jason in fact has regaled her with tales of strippers and prositutes, I don't blame her one bit for being worried and putting her foot down.  Look at that loser, how else was he getting any action?  

I guess I have no understanding of how the visa process works because how can a now unemployed woman with dependent children be allowed to be the sole "support" of an unemployed foreigner?  How likely is it that they and/or the children are receiving government assistance?  She makes my blood boil.  I can't wrap myself around what Mo is staying for.      

• Love 4

I honestly don't know if I would even put it together that Amy is mixed race if I saw her?

I blame Danny for this. He knows how his father is, and instead of just letting them meet, he's done all the pre-setup. He's prepped Amy on what will happen, and I'm sure he's prepped his parents as well. He is a numbskull.

• Love 3

Cassia needs to lose the wingtips on her eyes, they drive me nuts.  And Brett, stick with heavy sweaters, dude.

They are about one millimeter from touching the end of her eyebrow.  Every episode, the wingtip ends closer and closer to her eyebrow.  A few more episodes and she will just be drawing a line around her eye.

• Love 9

I keep thinking about the scene where Danielle informs Mo about the job loss. There is no actual reality here.   Much like the scene where Mo stumbles across the football players, here we have camera angles of him sauntering through a park, Danielle just happening to be sitting at a picnic table with cameras and lights everywhere, and we are to believe that he sits down unsuspectingly and hears the news. That can't be right -- it had to be staged and rehearsed.  DItto the related "talking heads" -- Dani has on the same outfit as she has in all the prior episodes meaning they must all be done at once after the fact.  I assume the scenes are created for max drama and conflict, but why? why? why? would anyone do this .... ?  And on FB some 500 plus people are all madly commenting like it is the gospel truth and all unfolding in real time. 

• Love 3

BTW, Vanessa Williams' parents were/are both light skinned black people.  

Fair enough, Neurochick! I googled her quickly and found a site that said she had both AA and white ancestry. a reminder to double check! Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 1

So much to shake my head at tonight... Brett's manboobs have far surpassed Mo's.

But we expected them from Brett.... Mo's were a surprise

I keep thinking about the scene where Danielle informs Mo about the job loss. There is no actual reality here.   Much like the scene where Mo stumbles across the football players, here we have camera angles of him sauntering through a park, Danielle just happening to be sitting at a picnic table with cameras and lights everywhere, and we are to believe that he sits down unsuspectingly and hears the news. That can't be right -- it had to be staged and rehearsed.  DItto the related "talking heads" -- Dani has on the same outfit as she has in all the prior episodes meaning they must all be done at once after the fact.  I assume the scenes are created for max drama and conflict, but why? why? why? would anyone do this .... ?  And on FB some 500 plus people are all madly commenting like it is the gospel truth and all unfolding in real time. 

Talking heads are usually done after they film everything and probably in 1 or a few sessions.  They go back and are asked about certain situations.  Sometimes you will catch people on different shows slip up and talk in past tense when they are suppose to talk in present as if it is currently happening.  

I have a feeling Danny's dad situation is going to turn out to be a lot like the guy from last year who has the horrible ex-wive.  WHY they agreed to discuss the interracial marriage thing on camera is beyond me.  That would be the stupidest thing you could agree too and you know TLC asked them specifically to talk about it. They just happened to meet up at Danny's siblings house for a chat?? Why not go out to dinner? Have dinner at the house?  It would have been way less awkward and setup-y.

• Love 1

Dear Cassia, if you want to be a swimsuit model, you might want to look good in one.   Cellulite is not a good look on swimsuit models.

Both Tyra Banks and Heidi Klum have cellulite and had no issue working as swimsuit models. Not that Cassia has any chance of becoming a real model, but yeah, Cassia's cellulite will probably be the least of her problems.

• Love 6

LOL Jason does have that serial killer, put the lotion in the basket  vibe going for him.  

It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again....

Yes, Jason has that vibe going on...yikes!

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Love 2

Danielle and Mo-  I liked when the Pawn broker was showing them the silver rings, and said, "Want me to marry you now?" Danielle gave a simpering smile and said, 'Oh, he would like that." I think Mo shivered and collapsed In on himself like the Death Star.

A little later, when she told him she was "let go," he said, "I didn't think it would be so hard... no electricity.. no food..." No FOOD? What's going on with her girls? Do they have no food too?

• Love 7

Mo, might I suggest a little reading to help prepare you for life with Danielle?

misery.jpg

Whenever I see Danielle & Mo, I think of the movie "Misery"

Oh holy shit on a stick, I didn't see this until after I posted my same sentiment.

Yes, I keep waiting for Danielle to call Mohamed "Mr. Man" or tell him "I'm your #1 fan!"

Anybody catch that angry flash in her (wonky) eyes in the park?

I suspect underneath all of that pathetic fawning and adoration dimwitted Danielle has quite a temper.

Hobbling can't be out of the realm of possibilities Danielle would consider to keep Mo by her side.  

• Love 14

I think Sue is probably jealous of Daya because she wants liver lips to herself.

She didn't even try to conceal her nastiness. From her head shots she looked average size but then when they showed her walking I was surprised to see how much larger her bottom half was.

I didn't notice cellulite on Cassia. Maybe it stands out more on HD which I don't have. If she just classed it up a bit she could do so much better.

• Love 3
Cassia. I'd like to know more of her story. Jealous of Jason. What for? He's not exactly Mr. Personality. This is a 38 year old man who lives for an early bird special, and gets giddy over an $8.00 Ebay sell.  I get the dry heaves when he comes on the screen. No kidding. I might get edited for my nickname for him but I refer to him as "Dick Cheese"

Cassia, ditch the Amy Winehouse eyeliner, the short dresses and the extreme ombre hair and grab some self-esteem. You are 23 not 63. Life is for living and you won't be living large with DC.

I get the dry heaves thinking about Jason and Cassia doin' the nasty. 

• Love 2

I know Cassia is all worried about porn and stuff but I was kinda with her on the no bachelor party in vegas.  What is she suppose to do while he's off with his 'friends' and strippers?  Hang out with dad's "ex-wife" ??  If she had friends and family up there to give her a party of her own I think she was nuts not letting him have a party, although that probably wasn't her reason for not wanting to give him one.  But it should be.

• Love 2

I get the dry heaves thinking about Jason and Cassia doin' the nasty. 

Or all of them, for that matter. With the exception of Evelin and Amy these people are all disgusting, clueless losers. I still think we're being punked! No way any these relationships could be real. At least the first season was somewhat believable.

How dare that little spineless weasel Danny just sit there and do nothing to defend Amy? her mother is gracious and beautiful, you know her heart is breaking for her daughter, she is just trying to support her as best as she can, she can see a huge mistake being made right before her eyes.  I hate Danny even more than I hate his Dad.  

Evelin looked gorgeous in every wedding dress she tried on.   Way to good for Justin and his screwed up family.

Edited by demarti
  • Love 3

The poor strippers/prostitudds unlucky enough to work Jason's bachelor party would be tipped in coins and they'd never get the smell of Ben Gay out of their pasties.

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 9

I know Cassia is all worried about porn and stuff but I was kinda with her on the no bachelor party in vegas.  What is she suppose to do while he's off with his 'friends' and strippers?  Hang out with dad's "ex-wife" ??  If she had friends and family up there to give her a party of her own I think she was nuts not letting him have a party, although that probably wasn't her reason for not wanting to give him one.  But it should be.

All kidding aside, I don't really have a problem with fiancés in normal everyday relationships not wanting their betrothed to go to a strip club for a bachelor party. But yeah, I am totally with you that it would not be fair at all for Jason to have a big blowout with his friends and Cassia to presumably to sit and home and wait.

• Love 3

I'm sure Danny's dad can't stand our president; however he IS the president of the United States.  Gosh, what did Danny's mother see in that asshole?  I mean was he the only man in town?

I want to ask Amy this question re: Danny. Like, she couldn't find any guy better than Danny in South Africa? Or, hell, even the next street over? I find that Twerpy Marionette Fool so repulsive, I won't even get into his repulsive brother and Grand Wizard Dad. Amy seems like a fairly intelligent, attractive, nice girl, what does she see in him? His personality is in equal turns boring, bland, pretentious hipster (ugh, that gross haircut, what is that? One of those under-cuts with the top all long, greasy, and slicked over? Disgusting) and patronizing tool -- the way he talks about her 'race' as though she has chlamydia and he's some sort of saint for puting up with her and supposedly loving her in spite of it (although I have seen no evidence that he even particularly likes her, cares about her, or that they have any of the same interests other than that Bible camp they went to and church). They have, like, zero chemistry and it's pretty much all due to him, from what I can see. I nearly toppled out of my chair in that one episode when he said something akin to how he and Amy have strong sexual chemistry. Worst of all, he seems to have no instinct or sense of helping her, protecting or supporting her, or standing up for her. He just let Grand Wizard Dad have at her. Seriously, unless he completely morphs into totally different person off-camera when he and Amy are alone together (doubtful!), I really don't get what she sees in him that would make her want to spend, presumably, the rest of her life tied to his loser ass and his gross family.

If it wasn't made abundantly clear by my rant, I actually find him the most objectionable person on the show this season (although Selfish Chelsea is a close second), and I don't even have the love for Amy that a lot of people seem to (in fact, I often find myself questioning her sanity/self-esteem because 'she could do so much better' is the understatement of the year, although she is pretty young and naive I guess).

Train. Wreck.

• Love 11

The scene with Amy and Danny and the father almost made me cry. 

Seriously, run Amy, run. Apply for school here, go to any major city (NYC, anywhere in California, Chicago, we have so many!). A beautiful woman, who is so poised in the face of such difficult circumstances, would probably be snatched up so fast, and by a real man who would actually stand up for her. I hope that Danny not saying a word was editing. The fact that Amy's family could all travel for the wedding makes me think she does not come from a humble background, and could afford to not rush into marriage.

Also, I wish there was a rule, that racist, ignorant jerks like the father (and let's face it, there are people like that in most ethnicities/religions) are not allowed to benefit from advances made from other people. I know they probably twist it into the person is serving the white man, or something, but I can still wish. Oh, sorry, sir, that computer you are using? Yes, a lot of the technology was developed by at least 5 other races, so sorry you can't use it. That medicine? Researched by non-whites as well, so sorry you cannot have it. Life saving procedure? Well, the Nobel Prize for it was given to a non-white, so sorry you cannot partake in that. 

• Love 11

As awful as Danny's dad was this episode.

As awful as Cassia's beach scene was this episode.

As awful as Justin's mother was this episode. 

NOTHING is more disgusting to me than Danielle's house.   It just LOOKS like ti stinks.  Being poor doesn't mean you have to be filthy.  ugh.  

• Love 8

I guess I'm in the minority, but Evelyn is getting on my nerves.  If your fiancé wants to distance himself from his family (and I don't even agree that having a private ceremony is that big a deal, as long as they invite everyone to the reception, too; must they invite them all over to be a part of the wedding night as well?), he PROLLY has a good reason.  Support your husband and quit butting into American family dynamics you don't - and probably couldn't and wouldn't even if he explained it at length, since Mom is such a stealth, passive-aggressive manipulator - understand.  It's very disloyal to be plotting against his wishes, in my view, and of course Mom has to get the salesperson all up in the family's business, too...  I get that "mothers are everything in Columbia," but you're not in Columbia anymore.

• Love 10