Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E25: Summer Daze, Summertime Sadness

JerseyGirl
  • Start Topic

The look on Jenelle's face when Nathan brought up the idea of them taking Jace during the week was priceless. Jenelle has no intentions of getting custody of Jace. School, Kaiser, and the baby shower are more important to her than Jace. Jace's little face was so sad when he was in the car during Jenelle's pity fest. I feel so sorry for him. All he hears is yelling all the time. That kid needs a respite from that insanity. Barb needs to cut ties with Jenelle. It's not healthy for Jace. They all need serious therapy.

Kail sure is an entitled ass. Why would she think it's okay to take Isaac on vacation during Father's Day? I have a feeling her and Javi specifically scheduled their family vacation during Father's Day to screw Jo over and to make him look like the bad guy for saying no. If Jo had scheduled a trip during Mother's Day Kail would've acted a complete ass. I can't stand them.

Leah is heinous. I really don't know what to say about her. She tries her hardest to be a martyr but she's such a lying, manipulative bitch it's difficult to take her side. Jeremy is an asshole, too. The look of glee Leah tried to hide when Jeremy called Corey a piece of shit solidified my loathing of those two. Miranda looked pissed during the drop off. I can imagine dealing with Leah is exhausting.

Can someone explain to me how Leah always knows when Corey gets a raise? Does the court inform her or does she have a spy at his job?

Edited by RedKoolAide
  • Love 10

This episode literally made me sick to my stomach. Lord Janelle and Barb both make me want to punch my tv screen . Poor Jace. No chance in hell for him.

I'd like to see Javi feels if Caitlyn tries to take his son form him on Father's Day.

Hahahahaha @ the girlses ( tm leah) , we want to go with daddy! " twice!!'

• Love 6

So many Fuck You's to pass out!

Fuck you Javi! Really? Jo should give up his Father's Day so you can go play at Splash Mountain? So damn oblivious while he's holding HIS son Lincoln. News flash Javi, Isaac is not your son. And nice try Kail trying to make it seem like Isaac would be resentful later when he saw pictures. He'll be alright. Nicely done Jo.

Fuck you Leah! Trying to make Corey out to be the piece of shit. Nah sweetie peach, we know it's you.

And the biggest Fuck you has to go to our girl Janelle. First why Nathan says, "hey we should go to Barb for custody" what did our joy Janelle say?? Fuck-o!! Nada! Zilch! Then realizing she was showing her true trash colors she says "oh sure, after Cinnamon Roll gets here, and we cage the dogs, go to Kroegers and chart the position of the moon, we can get Jace" . She never wants that kid in her house. No way, no how.

And my heart broke, I mean I cried when Jace was in tears over yet another Janelle/Barb argument. That child is so desperate for peace and affection. There is no comfort for him there. And straight to hell with you Barb for choosing to call Nathan and keep the fight going instead of just hugging that boy.

I'm going to proofread this later. I'm too hot right now.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 16

With all that has been shown here, Im amazed that CPS has not investigated this mess. Jace should have never been left in the custody of this walking disaster of a family. Jenelle can lose me with the whole "Im gonna get my son back", Girlie if you really wanted him back, you would have had him back YEARS ago. Jace will never be her priority and neither will Kaiser for that matter. What really breaks my heart is that these should be happy, carefree years for this little guy and all he hears day in and day out his walking incubator (Jenelle doesnt deserve to call herself a mom) and his grandmother screaming every 2 seconds. I cant wait until Jace is old enough to take Jenelle and Barb to task for their behavior, cause it will happen

• Love 8

I feel so devastated for Jace.  With all of that going on around him, not a single adult acknowledges him beyond their own needs.  I can't imagine how he's even processing any of it.  Plus the fact that he was obviously too scared of Nathan to tell him that he wants to stay with Barb during the week speaks volumes.  I just couldn't believe the way Jenelle sat in that car hoping for a piece of shit like Nathan to come and give a crap about her, while her child sat there trying so hard to comfort her and she brushed him off.  Seems to me like the only males who will care about her unconditionally in her life were in that car with her, and yet her children will never get the same attention she gives to men who treat her so poorly.  

Leah I just don't understand at all.  I feel like I must be missing something whenever she's complaining about Corey, because I don't see what he's doing so wrong.  I can believe that maybe there was a misunderstanding with the missed therapy appointments, but nothing he's said or done (or not done) justifies the way Leah and Jeremy were talking about him, especially in front of the girls.  With the previews for next week saying he's going for full custody, I hope he gets it, he's one of the best parents (teen or otherwise) on the show.  

I'm pretty bored of Chelsea and Kail at this point, except for getting to see Isaac and Lincoln being adorable.  

• Love 7

Javi is such a little bitch. As  father he should totally get why Jo doesn't want to give up father's day with his son. And Kailyn is a cow for not telling him that instead of her BS "I don't want to fight" line. What an ass. Good on Jo for standing up for himself even though he realizes 6 weeks will be a bit more of a challenge.

Jenelle: what can anyone say about this sad chick. She digs her own graves. But Jace is no fool. Barbara is extremely challenged caring for a rambunctious young boy and I feel for her, but he knows what side his bread is buttered on. I hope that these fights and scenes are just a small part of what goes on. And how telling was his little song about all the people in the rainbow who make the world go round? And when he said, "it's your choice." He may be smarter than we think and the fact that he considers Barb his mum is very telling. He has no intention of living with Nathan and his asking would he be mad that she wants to stay with Barb let's us know as we've all suspected that he's afraid of that dude. Hopefully, I pray, when he starts real school they will offer Barb some support, which she badly needs. 

Leah: another lying bitch. Why would the clinic call Corey over just a couple of missed sessions for which she allegedly provided excuses. She just wants to dig in his pockets.

Adam's stripper: what's with all the "I'm too cool to look up from my phone" stuff? Guess he had to get a ride, though, and Aubree was happy. 

Back to Javi: I thought he was showing some maturity, but wow. When Kailyn is onto the next guy, let's see how he feels about missing Father's Day with his child. He seriously sucks. And so does Kailyn. She shouldn't have even broached the subject with Jo. I'm sure Issac will get plenty of days at the beach during his six weeks with his father. Agree with the poster who said she probably purposely scheduled the "family" vacation for that week, since she knows damn well he fought for that holiday with his child.

• Love 6

Does Leah think if you call the insurance company they'll just give you what you want?  It doesn't work that way.  I'm so tired of her blaming Corey for Ali not getting her wheelchair!!  They have the loaner anyway.   Leah seemed awfully defensive about Ali not going to therapy.  Maybe she was selling too much Mary Kay to take her. 

• Love 2

I feel physically sick after watching that poor child, Jace in pain.  No one, not one person puts Jace first.   Him singing when his mother is confiding to him how mean that horrible excuse of a man is to her?  Heartbreaking.  MTV better be doing something to help Jace.  They better be setting money aside for his future needs.  To think that MTV is profiting from a child's suffering and that they might just walk away from it without doing anything about it sickens me.

• Love 13

It was a trip for Scentsy (that Kail sales) to go to Atlantis.    By this tweet she already knew in Feb when it was. https://twitter.com/KailLowry/status/438368327329923072

She had plenty of advance notice and time to reschedule or change the time. If she was unable, too bad.  It's father's day! Javi made me sick acting like it wasn't a big deal while holding his own son. 

Leah..ugh I'll have to wait a full day to comment on her.  I'm still irritated!

Does Leah think if you call the insurance company they'll just give you what you want?  It doesn't work that way.  I'm so tired of her blaming Corey for Ali not getting her wheelchair!!  They have the loaner anyway.   Leah seemed awfully defensive about Ali not going to therapy.  Maybe she was selling too much Mary Kay to take her.

That dumbass and her hellion twin already broke Ali's chair.

Did Janelle really say with a straight face "Don't call her mom, I'm your mom"??? Bitch please.

• Love 1

I am so over Jenelle and her stupidness it's not even funny. You know what's really not funny? Jace stuck in this mess of a family. That poor child really got a raw deal. Jenelle is so full of crap with her bluster about wanting Jace back. She does not. She is perfectly happy continuing to be a part-time parent to him for the rest of her life. If she really wanted him back she would have done it already, plain and simple. If Barb were to voluntarily give her Jace back, no questions asked, she would take him. But she doesn't really care enough to go out of her way to get him back herself.

I don't even know what Leah and Corey are screaming about. They're annoying me. And seriously, does Leah really think that things would be moving faster with the wheelchair situation if Corey were calling them every day? She knows nothing about insurance, or life, or makeup, or combing her girls' hair before they leave the house. You can call the doctor to get the doctor to do something faster, and you can maybe light a fire if you nag them enough, but the insurance company doesn't care. They have their system, they have their procedure, and no amount of calling every day to see what the status is is going to make them go any faster. I have no doubt they have entire departments dedicated to fielding calls from overzealous policyholders who think they can harass them into getting what they want. It ain't happening. You'll get it when you get it and not a minute sooner.

Shocked that Adam actually showed up to Aubree's game, though it's anyone's guess if he would have even if he wasn't still kissing ass to his new piece of ass. The little scene with Taylor was all kinds of pathetic. Girl, you knew what kind of guy he was when you met him. Now hush. And no, Chelsea does not want to commiserate with you.

Kailyn and Javi need to quit with the entitlement. Co-parenting is not easy, and it's not always fair. I'm sure they would love to spend every single day with Isaac, but they can't. Because Isaac has a father, and they have to share. You can't get your way all the time. You can't be willing to compromise only if it benefits you. That's not compromise. You have to sacrifice sometimes. This is one of them. They had an arrangement, Jo gets Isaac on Father's Day, presumably regardless of whether the alternating weeks or whatever had Isaac scheduled to be with Kail; I assume they have a similar deal for Mother's Day. It would be nice for Isaac to come along with them on their little vacation, but he is already going on vacation. He is spending six weeks in Jersey with his father, and that is his father's time. Now, if they were asking for any other day, Jo might have stopped to consider it a little more, though he probably would and should still say no. But it's FATHER'S DAY. No. Hell to the no. They actually have a lot of nerve even asking. And how stupid was Kail's excuse that Isaac might feel bad one day in the future when he looks at pictures of their vacation and he sees that he wasn't included. Yes, I'm sure he's going to be all crushed to learn that he didn't go with his mom and brother and Javi to the beach this one time when he was four.

Edited by Chicken Wing
  • Love 5
Fuck you Javi! Really? Jo should give up his Father's Day so you can go play at Splash Mountain? So damn oblivious while he's holding HIS son Lincoln.

That's because Kail has told him many times that he's a better father than Issac. He's let that shit go to his head. Knowing full well that they would never let Issac go with Jo on Mother's Day. Just when I start liking them, shit like this happens. I did like that Kail recognized that all of the fighting that she and Jo have done over the years were equally her problem/fault. Finally they get that Issac is the most important thing here.

Seems like Jeremy hasn't like the way he's looked over the years (wimpy/pushover/etc) and he's decided that he wants to be the tough guy. But all that comes across is that he's actually a bit of a bitch. I really don't care how they try to spin things, they'll never convince me that Cory is a bad father. The child support thing is a bit shady, but I admit that I don't know all of the facts. However, I do know that he's always been a good father, even when Leah was out trying to have fun and party, back when they were babies. And Leah, girl, your hair sucks. I thought it was a wig at first.

• Love 5

I feel physically sick after watching that poor child, Jace in pain.  No one, not one person puts Jace first.   Him singing when his mother is confiding to him how mean that horrible excuse of a man is to her?  Heartbreaking.  MTV better be doing something to help Jace.  They better be setting money aside for his future needs.  To think that MTV is profiting from a child's suffering and that they might just walk away from it without doing anything about it sickens me.

This episode was just a visceral knife to the chest, with scene after scene of Jace suffering and looking for acknowledgment or comfort from anyone in the room, ending with him emotionless standing off to the side near a dishwasher. This is a kid who has learned already that no matter what he does, how he behaves, how he asks -- there will be no comfort for him. If MTV isn't actively involved in "anonymously" getting word to people for intervention, and if they are not tying up 95% of that family's MTV money only for Jace, they're complicit in what's going on. CPS has had grounds for removing Jace from all family members (with audio and video proof) for years and years, so why is nothing being done? This makes me think of a lecture or paper I read recently about how the system treats abused children as though there is 1 thing wrong in the home, and doesn't consider the 40 other horrible and dysfunctional things that come with that one named behavior. 

It's so important for Jace to have one, just one, person who is there for him when things are awful, who's a constant, who sees and speaks to him (neither of those happen w/any of his "caregivers," he's literally a sounding/bitching board), and who will literally hold him. Children survive the unthinkable, but the survivors have that one person, whatever their particular role, in common.

Dr. Drew: remember the whole "do no harm" part of your oath? Even if you won't act, you have to report.

And yeah, fuck you to the rest of them mostly. The only time Nathan, Javi or Germy aren't missing, threatening or slapping with face bacon is when they've appointed someone else the bad one, and then they go to town on the partner to "start setting some bounderies or stop taking shit" and it's a colossal 3-way triangle of abuser, victim and rescuer. Personally, Kail did not offend me much as she appeared to just ask Jo the question but fully accepted the outcome and expected it. And, it was pretty interesting that Jo wants to maybe babysit Lincoln and that Vee was bitching about his crazy family... it seems like when the Jo-family empire fell apart, he started growing up a bit and he's now wanting to feel like he has a family of his own. Timing sucked for those two.

And Chelsea looks like the hero. She goes to work, she drives her kid around. Her hair and face look like hair and skin. She keeps it together around Adumb's catch du jour. I guess the show needed some kind of palate cleanser!? 

• Love 4

Oh my god, I am so sad for Jace - summertime sadness indeed.

First he has to listen to his mom, who obviously does not want him full time. If it's true what Jenelle was saying then he was scared of telling Nathan that he still wants to live with Barb, because he would get mad. And what happens? Nathan gets mad - Jenelle cries. Jace must blame himself for that.

Then him trying in the car to tell Jenelle that he will help her and Jenelle again not being able to just be A MOM and put the phone away and tell him, that yes he is all she needs and he can help her. Instead of course she cries...when Jace started singing my heart just broke.

Then as soon as they get to Barb, more yelling. And again, this time his other mom is unable to just care about him. Put the phone away, just give Jace a hug and talk to him about what happened! Geeez what is wrong with these people??? And just for the record there was no need for Barb to yell at Jenelle, and yes she did yell. She probably doesn't even notice.

I really wish Jenelle would have chosen adoption, Jace does not deserve this.

• Love 11
Leah seemed awfully defensive about Ali not going to therapy.  Maybe she was selling too much Mary Kay to take her.

Who knows.  Maybe this coincided with the time the doc provided her with those pills.  By the way, during her initial conversation with Jeremy (on the bed), did anyone else think Leah looked like she was on something? 

Adalynn looks like Leah's sister. 

• Love 4

I was crying right along with Jace. My heart was breaking for that poor sweet boy. He is just furniture to these people. They talk about him like he isn't even there, ignore his obvious distress and his attempts to comfort. I'm disgusted by the whole lot of them. Just absolutely appalled.

• Love 5

Didn't someone post that blind item on the other thread? I am having a deja vu about that blind item.

Fuck you Javi, FUCK YOU! It is not about Jo having it his way at the end of the day you stupid asshole!!  It is what is in the court order that your fucking cow went to court for when she tried to get things her way so she could marry you and live three hours away! Or did you forget all that shit your wife pulled? I fucking hate this shit these two tried to pull. Kail knew when Jo had visitation when that court order was signed by the judge. How long ago was that? A year ago? She knew and she agreed to it. Done deal. Kail and Javi are nothing but a couple of bitches.

Leah and Jeremy, Jenelle and Nathan - FUCKERS! I am so mad, I will have to post more at another time.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 4

Janelle's change of tune when Nate brought up doing something about getting Jace back gave me whiplash. And it was so sweet of Jenelle to list all the things that are more important to her than Jace...in front of Jace.

I would love to see Jo ask Kail if he can take Isaac away on Mother's Day, Kail would throw her "no fighting" mantra out the window, along with Jo.

Leah is such a bitch. I can't believe she asked Jeremy if he was proud of her. What in the ever loving hell?  What is he supposed to be proud of? The fact that his wife acted like a damn lunatic and accomplsihed absolutely nothing in the process?  I don't know what the truth is, but I don't believe for a second that Cory is a bad dad, I believe Leah is a desperate bitch and has made a mess of her life and is looking for someone to blame it on, but I don't believe that Cory is a bad dad.

The only thing I'm hoping for is that Jeremy is paying close attention so that when he's in the lineup of Leah's ex-hsubands, waiting for Leah and her third husband to drop her girlses off to their respective fathers in one mass drop, he'll know what to expect. 

• Love 3

Wow, I think we all need to send a big, collective FUCK YOU to both Germy and Javi. I can't wait until the shoe is on the other foot and they're the ones fighting these hags over child support and visitation.

It's funny because for all Leah's bitching about how much she does for the girlses, the twins seem remarkably calmer and better behaved with Cory and Miranda. The repeated "can we go with Dad?" was just awesome. Germy can go have several seats for calling Cory a piece of shit. 

Javi can have a seat as well. Jo's time with Isaac is no less important than Kail's time with him. And not for nothing, but Isaac won't remember a vacation to the beach ten years from now, but he will remember and benefit from a father who takes an active role in his life. Kail shouldn't have even put Jo in that position and I was so happy he didn't back down and give in.

The scenes with Jace were just awful and literally nauseated me. When Jace started singing it reminded me of how abused kids will withdraw and go to their "happy place" as a coping mechanism. Barb is just as much a piece of shit as Jenelle for calling Nathan and screaming her head off while her grandson was clearly upset. The only good thing about Jace being on MTV is he'll have plenty of sympathy footage to show the judge when he's about to do ten years for armed robbery or drug trafficking. 

The best segments tonight were Aubree playing t-ball and Isaac giving the camera a shit-eating grin when his mother asked if he had finished his chicken while he scarfed down a cupcake.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 6

Did I completely misunderstand something - why did Jeremy think his insurance would cover the wheelchair if it was Adi (Addy? not sure how it's spelled) OR Aleeah, but not Ali.  Aleeah's not his bio-kid either, right? I'm confused.

• Love 1

pdean82:

Hahahahaha @ the girlses ( tm leah) , we want to go with daddy! " twice!!'

Loved, too, how MTV made sure to subtitle that.

Ffiferoo:

With the previews for next week saying he's going for full custody, I hope he gets it, he's one of the best parents (teen or otherwise) on the show.

And I remember some BTS stuff (maybe AMA on Reddit?) where the TM2 crew said Corey was the best person/parent and Leah the worst.

politichick:

Adam's stripper: what's with all the "I'm too cool to look up from my phone" stuff?

I took that as she was extremely nervous and self-conscious to be there in front of Chelsea and her support system.

--

Kail has pretty much completely corrupted the sweet, kind guy that was once Javi. I feel for his family of origin.

Edited by nikita
  • Love 1

I was crying right along with Jace. My heart was breaking for that poor sweet boy. He is just furniture to these people. They talk about him like he isn't even there, ignore his obvious distress and his attempts to comfort.

Yup, Jace is one skip and a heartbeat away (i.e. the MTV cameras that have been there since birth) from being in a too-small crate, surrounded by urine and feces, out in that garage with the dogs. Just as "their" dogs are nothing more than little souls to torture in isolation, Jace is just the speaking version. Their furniture, on the other hand, they seem to have a great deal of interest in pride in: disgusting... 

Did I completely misunderstand something - why did Jeremy think his insurance would cover the wheelchair if it was Adi (Addy? not sure how it's spelled) OR Aleeah, but not Ali.  Aleeah's not his bio-kid either, right? I'm confused.

I thought maybe it was a reference to Leah and Corey's agreement, where Corey presumably agreed to take on the responsibility of providing medical insurance for the girses? I can't recall when her marriage happened in regard to her unofficial settlement with Corey. Did they even have a lawyer draw up the agreement and sign? It's possible, especially given that Leah and Germy married and she's the custodial parent, that Germy could have had all 3 of the children covered by his insurance. It might cost him more, but that wouldn't be an atypical situation, especially given all of the kiddos out there who need insurance but have no support coming in. I thought maybe Germy was pissed because he could have taken on that burden and simply asked Corey for more child support, but I'm guessing the overlap of all of their relationships made it messy. There isn't any reason I can think of that Leah wouldn't have permission to speak to the insurance company or be a point person for her daughter's health, regardless of Corey being the policy holder. Speaking of all of these bozos, what "work" was Leah referring to taking time off from? I forgot she had a job again, or is she only referring to her easy-bake-oven makeup kit?

Oh Kail, if only there were a trainer to push you to remove your sprawling body art... between Adumb's new porn star, Adumb in the wifebeater and Kail in workout gear, I was really feeling dry-heave-y about so many bad tattoos.

Edited by meisje
  • Love 2

I thought maybe it was a reference to Leah and Corey's agreement, where Corey presumably agreed to take on the responsibility of providing medical insurance for the girses? I can't recall when her marriage happened in regard to her unofficial settlement with Corey. Did they even have a lawyer draw up the agreement and sign? It's possible, especially given that Leah and Germy married and she's the custodial parent, that Germy could have had all 3 of the children covered by his insurance. It might cost him more, but that wouldn't be an atypical situation, especially given all of the kiddos out there who need insurance but have no support coming in.

The overall comment didn't confuse me, it was the fact that Jeremy so specifically said Ali's wheelchair would have been covered and kind of implied that maybe Aleeah was already covered under his insurance but Ali wasn't.  Maybe I heard it wrong. I couldn't make myself sit through it again so I deleted the episode - probably should've waited so I could rewatch it.

I can only echo what has already been said here.  I totally agree that Javi and Kail were way off base about Jo and his decision to have his son for father's day.  It made no sense to schedule a vacation on a time when you know Jo will want to see Isaac.  And yes, if it were Mother's Day we would be hearing all about her need to be with Isaac.

Leah just pisses me off to no end.  And she is really starting to look drugged half of the time as well.  By the way, her chewing that candy in the car, she looked like some kind of freak :-)  She spends all of her time complaining, and I agree that she and Jeremy do not understand in insurance.  When you call you get a customer service rep that can only read the status of the situation and repeat it to you.  They will not make the decision to approve something since they have no authority.  You can only go through formal processes for these things.  

Jace--I seriously cried last night over seeing this sweet little boy (and yes, I do think he is a good little boy--he only acts out on occasion because it is clear he doesn't get love or attention and has no other way to tell people this).  It literally broke my heart, and still does at this moment, to see him standing there just wanting someone to include him, love him, hug him, and actually consider him as a part of their lives.  He really has been quite patient given the circumstances, and I give him so much credit that he told Janelle that he wanted to stay with Barb--that gave me a little hope that he feels comfortable expressing his needs and knows that Janelle is not the right person to have him.  That said-- I cannot stand up for Barb anymore...her yelling and now obviously ignoring Jace when he needs someone most is just not excusable.  I can't think about this anymore today because honestly it just crushes me.  It was SO SAD to watch.  

• Love 3

This episode made me come out of hiding and post. I am a stepmom and have seen my DH go through so much of this stuff that it really makes my blood boil.

First, Kai: I don't even know what went through her head when she decided to plan a vacation during Father's Day. I truly feel that if she had planned any other time during Jo's 6 week time he probably would have agreed as long as he could make up the time. I don't understand mother's who don't feel that Father's Day is important when they would throw a huge fit if Mother's Day was ever taken from them. If Kail thinks Isaac will be upset about not getting to go on the vacation then he will be upset with his mom (not his dad) for scheduling a family vacation while he was at his dads. Common sense Kail, you don't have it.

Leah: She says they are struggling financially because Corey isn't paying all of his child support but she is so "stressed" out that she is taking time off work??? What the crap? I paused the show and started laughing because she has no clue how stupid she sounds and is. I won't even comment on her hair because it speaks for itself. I am not even questioning her with the child support, if Corey is shown that he needs to pay more then he needs to pay more but I do feel she should thank her lucky stars that she has such a wonderful involved father to her children. Corey would obviously do ANYTHING for his girls. I loved, LOVED how the girls were repeating about going with dad while their mom was sitting there bad mouthing him IN FRONT OF HIS DAUGHTERS!! When they were in the car headed to pick up the girls Leah really looked off, like she was on something. And seriously, how hard is it to wear a seatbelt while you are being a filmed for a very popular TV show.  I agree with everyone here about Leah having no idea how insurance works. They are not the easiest people to deal with and Corey obviously knows he can only do so much. 

Leah got very defensive about the mentioning of the missed appointments. Like really defensive that it made me side-eye her regarding the whole thing. Why would the therapist be calling Corey over missed appointments if they had been excused? It doesn't add up. It burns me up how Leah downs Corey for not taking Ali to the appointments. We have seen him go to many of them but he also WORKS Leah! He works to pay you that child support and help support the girls. When you WORK, you can't just take off anytime you want.

Life, figure it out!

• Love 5

Chelsea was so cute giving Aubree a facial. I can't get enough of that little girl, her husky voice, and her giant bows at softball. Adumb totally only came to that game to show off his new girlfriend. And I agree with Chelsea - she looks OLD. And when did Taylor get her own segment on this show? Really? It's enough of a stretch to show Adumb by himself, when he doesn't even have Aubree. But if they're going to start devoting segments to every chick he spawns with he's going to need his own show. 

Okay, going to cut out my own tongue now for even suggesting such a thing. 

Is Kail working again? As a dental hygienist or something? It looked like she was wearing a scrub top out to dinner with Javi. I'm not super schmancy myself, and it was nice that Javi thought she looked beautiful anyway - but he had a nice button-up and slacks on, would it have killed her to dress a little nicer? 

I want to know why in the fresh hell she thought Jo would let her have Isaac on Father's Day? Is she insane? Not only is that his summer break with the kid, but it's FATHER'S DAY. I don't get why she planned her vacation around that holiday. Maybe it was all Javi could get off? I don't know how the military works, but I know some places have blocks of time that you're allowed to pick from and maybe that was all that was left? I sure hope so, because otherwise it's pure stupidity to plan a "family vacation" when your son is supposed to be with his father. Kail is just going to have to get used to the fact that this is how blended families work. They can try their best, but there are going to be times that Isaac and Lincoln aren't going to be together for special events. It's sucks, but that's the situation. Can you imagine if Jo asked Kail to take Isaac on Mother's Day? Oh hell no! I thought Jo handled it pretty reasonably. He was calm and polite, but firm in that he didn't like the idea at all. Overall, I enjoyed seeing them interact at the park. I'm glad Kail seems to be over fighting with Jo and trying to let things go to maintain that civility. I hope they can keep it up. 

Leah and Germy, on the other hand. Damn. They're on a total smear Corey campaign. First of all, I'm sick of them acting like Corey is dropping the ball with the insurance. I have never had to deal with such an issue, but I did work retail pharmacy for many years and I know how long insurance issues can take. You can re-send requests over and over, but they're going to take as long as they're going to take. It sounds, to me, like Corey IS following up on the status of the case, so what more does she want? Maybe Leah would just go down there and sit there staring at the person with her overly mascara'd eyes and freak them out so much they'd just hand her the money for the chair? 

(On a shallow note, her new haircut is just awful, not "sexy" at all. She looks like she should be on a show called "Trailer Park Divorcees". It just ages her SO much.)

Anyhow, I'm glad Corey threw that out there about the therapy. Leah can sit there and bitch at him about staying on the insurance and THAT'S not "throwing one under the bus"? But if he brings up a legitimate point, it is? I'm sorry, but I'm not buying her story that Ali only missed two sessions. I can't really see them calling Corey over that, especially if Leah supposedly has a doctor's note for one. There has to be more to it than that. And given her track record, I am loathe to believe anything that comes out Leah's mouth. 

I love how Germy always has SO much to say about Corey....until he's face to face with him. Then he practically becomes a mute. He is clearly intimidated by Corey, and he loves fostering the animosity between the two exes, because it makes him feel more secure with his standing in Leah's life. And I really don't appreciate him talking smack about the girlses dad right in front of them. They're not stupid, they get everything you're saying. Aleeah's back there asking if they can go with their dad (probably because Corey and Miranda don't behave this way in front of them) and crying for them to "be quiet". That was super sad, to me. Then Germy tells her not to cry or he's going to "be pissed". Nice. Real nice parenting there. The child is not allowed to be upset when her parental figures are yelling and saying disparaging things about the father that she loves. Does anyone think of the kids on these shows????

Like, for instance - Barb, Jenelle, or Nathan? The conversations they have in front of that kid are just so inappropriate! They should NOT be asking him, at this point, who he wants to live with. First of all, giving him a choice between Barb's and Jenelle's is like giving him a choice between living in a lion's den or shark infested waters. Second, Jenelle is basically saying she doesn't want him back. She's all muttering excuses about Kaiser and school. This is your CHILD. Between Barb threatening to send him somewhere else if he doesn't behave and Jenelle letting it be known that he's priority #4 or #5, this kid has got to feel SO unwanted. My heart is just breaking for him. All the adults in his life are all about their own issues, and just brush him aside like he's a buzzing fly. Jenelle and Barb have yet ANOTHER fight in front of the kid, mom storms out (when Jace was clearly looking forward to helping set up for the party....but does anyone think about him?), and he's standing there in tears. So what does Barb do? Call Nathan to scream and curse some more! Put down the mother flipping phone and console the poor child! For the love of God. I feel like I need to start a Kickstarter campaign - "Hugs for Jace". She kept asking, "what's wrong?" like it was a mystery why the child would be crying. Oh, I don't know....maybe because all this drama makes him feel scared and uncertain and he's basically emotionally neglected. Gah, they all make me sick. 

And Jenelle has a lot of nerve insisting that Jace call HER mom, not Barb, when Barb is the one who has raised him. Maybe when you act like your main priority is to get him back and be a good mom, no matter what else is going on in your life, maybe then he might want to call you "mom". But you are not a mom. Not in the slightest. 

Also, Barb - "tie-tosterone"? "Stemroid rage"? I just can't. 

• Love 10

Maybe I heard it wrong. I couldn't make myself sit through it again so I deleted the episode - probably should've waited so I could rewatch it.

I thought the exact same thing after posting! I noticed they didn't do much/any? subtitling to Germy's monologues this week either and I could barely understand Leah either this week, especially when she was jamming the sour patch kids into her mouth! Bet she's going to regret "quitting" the job at the dentist eventually. Having listened to, and read, most of Germy's thought processes for a season or 2, I'm fairly certain what he said was about 5% based in reality.

Could it be due to a pre exsisting condition that Ali is not covered

The pre-existing condition clause went out the window with the Affordable Care Act, and TM2 is actually pretty good at showing recent footage. And given how rare an illness she has, there would be little knowledge about what could be excluded; she's really only been diagnosed in pieces and then when the mitochondrial disorder was found, things got very serious. 

Maybe because I've been on the medical side of dealing with insurance companies so often and for so long, I don't take Corey's word that the company is just taking its time and trying to do the right thing. Corey has been slow to even the possibility of the wheelchair and he's not super motivated. That doesn't mean Leah's great, it just means that Corey has always struggled with attending appt's, believing what he was hearing from doctors, etc. The implications for Ali's disorder are possibly grave, and the more stress put on her body, the earlier it is likely to fail -- mitochondria are a big, big deal and will very much affect her organs, muscles and especially her heart. I don't think anyone knows the course of this exact illness, but time really is of the essence from a medical standpoint. And insurance companies have a certain number of denials and all sorts of hurdles simply to save money by putting off filling a request or need, it's how they make money, and it's very much a money-making industry, and it sucks when it's made on the backs of little kids like Ali.

• Love 4
Leah is such a bitch. I can't believe she asked Jeremy if he was proud of her. What in the ever loving hell?  What is he supposed to be proud of?

I think Germy is super insecure about Corey (I can't really blame given what went on in the beginning of their relationship) and has always hated how well Corey and Leah were getting along for awhile now. So I think he's been trying to plant the seeds of Corey being an asshole and Leah being a victim. He probably whispers to her, "He's so awful. Don't let him treat you like that. You need to stand up for yourself". And now she feels like she finally has. It's ridiculous. 

When Jace started singing it reminded me of how abused kids will withdraw and go to their "happy place" as a coping mechanism.

Oh my gosh, this is just so sad to me. I cannot even take it. How can MTV just sit there and film this crap and do nothing? Amber was investigated - Jace has been subjected to the same level of drama in his life. Somebody NEEDS to do something. 

• Love 3

Adam and his new squeeze both look like they smell of stale Marlboros and Jagermeister! I agree that she probably tagged along because Adam needed someone to drive him to the game.

Poor Jace, I almost wish some desperate childless couple would kidnap him in the middle of the night, take him far away and give him all the love and attention he deserves. I doubt Janelle would even care.

Maybe the girlses should live with Corey, at least their hair will be combed and they'll probably have more to eat than something laced with Red no. 40.

I never cared for Javi and his Captain-save-ho complex and think he is an idiot for buying Kail's "you're a better father than Jo" bullshit. He'll learn one day when Kail moves on to the next sucker and he'll be fighting tooth and nail to spend time with his son.

• Love 3

Chelsea is now the most mature person on this show. CHELSEA. Let that sink in.

I never wanted Jeremy to shut up more than at the drop-off. Leah's perfectly capable of standing up for herself, as we've seen over and over. He and Miranda should have walked away when Leah and Corey started fighting. Also, maybe consider yelling at each other anywhere but three feet away from your children.

I just want to find Jace and give him a hug and take him to the zoo and buy him toys.

• Love 6

On a lighter note, why did Kail and Javi look like they were going to two totally different restaurants?  Kail looked like she was going to the beach for fish tacos and Javi had reservations at Ruth Chris Steakhouse.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 3

I can't let it go with Barb this week. Janelle is horrible and between dealing with her and having to raise Jace, I'm sure she is stressed, exhausted and frustrated, but holy momma, she went from zero to 60 on Janelle in 5 seconds. All while Jace was just standing there. If this is Barb's MO, little wonder that Janelle turned out so badly. Again, I'm not blaming Barb for Janelle's grown ass bad decisions, but as soon as either of get mad, they instantly go into attack mode. And notice that BOTH of them, right after their fights, Janelle with Nathan, Barb with Janelle, basically ignore Jace, who just witnessed some disturbing behavior with every adult he interacts with. 

How would Javi like it if he couldn't spend father's day with Lincoln? I am constantly amazed at Kail and Javi's inability to see things from someone else's perspective except their own. 

I was glad to see that Corey finally called Leah out about something. Usually therapists don't threaten to discontinue treatment because of a couple of missed appointments, particularly of you let them know ahead of time. My guess is that Leah missed lots of appointments, much to the frustration of her therapist. Ever since the girlses were born, Leah has been lauded for doing a great job. Having a special needs kid is tough, but it doesn't automatically make you a saint. Leah thinks she is above criticism. She should have thought about how hard it was going to be to have a 3rd child when you have two kids under 5 at home, one with special needs. She decided to have a baby with Germy. No sympathy here. As for the insurance, I have found that the best course of action is to have the doctor try to push the insurance so. I have never gotten results from constantly calling. Plus, most dr offices know the drill. 

Chelsea was the most adult mom in the ep. I LOL when she said Adumb brought his porn star gf. 

• Love 3

As much as I loathe Nathan, I actually thought he had a legit reason to be mad at Jenelle. Many of his fights with Barb have been over Jenelle's lack of time with Jace. Jenelle's whined endlessly about wanting Jace back, but when Nathan finally says all right, let's go to court and I'll back you up with Barb, she does a complete turnaround and says, no nevermind, I didn't really mean it. He's still a dick, but I didn't see him as being mean to Jenelle in that instance.

I agree about Adam's girlfriend and the phone. I think she just felt awkward and didn't know what to do with herself. I thought it was great that Randylicious, Rita and Lois Griffin came to support Aubree. All my nieces and nephews are grown, so I really miss going to their games. 

Leah's hair is going to give me nightmares for weeks. 

• Love 1

I am going to say this before I go back and read the latest posts....

Watching how little Jace is being affected by Jenelle's, Barbara's and Nathan's behavior is growing more and more disturbing. I am rally upset with MTV for exploiting it. Someone on that set could step up and say something about getting him out of the room. Take him for a walk, etc. Or threaten to stop filming and end their contracts if something better isn't done for the child. They do not have to do things that way. I was so upset last night I couldn't continue to watch those parts.

Edited by ethalfrida
  • Love 2

On a lighter note, why did Kail and Javi look like they were going to two totally different restaurants?  Kail looked like she was going to the beach for fish tacos and Javi had reservations at Ruth Chris Steakhouse.

Right?! Kail didn't have a decent dress or a skirt and a blouse she could have thrown on? She looked like she'd lost quite a bit of baby weight, so she had to have something in her closet that would have fit her.

• Love 1

And the biggest Fuck you has to go to our girl Janelle. First why Nathan says, "hey we should go to Barb for custody" what did our joy Janelle say?? Fuck-o!! Nada! Zilch! Then realizing she was showing her true trash colors she says "oh sure, after Cinnamon Roll gets here, and we cage the dogs, go to Kroegers and chart the position of the moon, we can get Jace" . She never wants that kid in her house. No way, no how.

And my heart broke, I mean I cried when Jace was in tears over yet another Janelle/Barb argument. That child is so desperate for peace and affection. There is no comfort for him there. And straight to hell with you Barb for choosing to call Nathan and keep the fight going instead of just hugging that boy.

It was heartbreaking when Jace was crying and Barb asked him twice "What's wrong, Jace?".  Get a clue people.  Things won't be any better for Kaiser either.  Is Nathan delusional thinking he is a good role model?  The lack of insight Jenelle and Nathan share is probably the scariest thing about them.

Edited by BitchOnWheelz
  • Love 1
Leah I just don't understand at all.  I feel like I must be missing something whenever she's complaining about Corey, because I don't see what he's doing so wrong.  I can believe that maybe there was a misunderstanding with the missed therapy appointments, but nothing he's said or done (or not done) justifies the way Leah and Jeremy were talking about him, especially in front of the girls.  With the previews for next week saying he's going for full custody, I hope he gets it, he's one of the best parents (teen or otherwise) on the show. 

I agree that Leah is a crazy bitch, but Corey should be playing a HELL of a lot more than $200 a month in child support.  My husband pays more then twice that for ONE child.  I blame Leah for that one.  It's her responsibility as the custodial parent to make sure her daughters are supported fully, which includes a child support order.  Corey must love the fact that Leah popped out yet another kid and only works (maybe) part-time.  My husband is in the same situation... ex-wife having yet another kid with NO job... or stay-at-home mom as she calls it.

Did I hear Leah correctly when she said "I'm stressed out, so I'm taking some time off?"  I'm pretty sure that the tanning salon doesn't have a leave of absence option.  She for sure quit her job.

Then Germy tells her not to cry or he's going to "be pissed". Nice. Real nice parenting there. The child is not allowed to be upset when her parental figures are yelling and saying disparaging things about the father that she loves.

I thought he was telling LEAH not to cry or he would be pissed. It just goes back to his insecurities. If Leah cries over Cory, she somehow still loves him. He's in his right to feel the way he feels, but it doesn't mean that he has to be a bully. He really comes off as abusive.

• Love 4

I think MTV should do a montage of Jo's and Cory's scenes and use it as a public service announcement for teenage boys with the title "THIS IS WHY YOU USE CONDOMS!!!!!!."

Robbie dodged one hell of a bullet. He must be laughing his ass off right now. 

• Love 9