Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E25: Summer Daze, Summertime Sadness

JerseyGirl
  • Start Topic

Add me to the list of people wondering how the medical bills are in Leah's name when Ali is on Corey's insurance.  Corey would be listed on the forms as the guarantor.  The bills should be going to him, not her.

I have very little respect for Leah, but even less for Jeremy.  I can't believe he would run his mouth like that about Corey knowing he (and the girls) would see it.  I shouldn't be surprised given the other rude comments Jeremy has made about him in the past, but I will laugh and laugh when Leah has moved on to her next man and Jeremy is put in Corey's position.  Something tells me that Jeremy won't handle it with quite the same maturity Corey manages!

Leah's sad attempt at addressing the way she spoke to and about Corey at the drop off doesn't make things okay for me.  If we're only seeing such a small part of her life, you'd think she could pull off acting appropriate for a few minutes.  I think her motivation was made clear when she was talking to Jeremy on the bed: I started a fight with Corey and am taking him to court.  Do you love me now?  Am I worthy of your attention now?  Judging by how Jeremy zoned out when she was going on about how once she gets mad, everyone better watch out... I don't think it worked.  

As far as Kail, I was usually ripping on her on TWOP and feel like she more than deserved it.  I do give her credit for trying to be more mature this season, though.  I don't blame her for asking Jo if she could bring Isaac on vacation,  She seemed to know how it was going to turn out and accepted it fairly gracefully.  I like how Jo answered her and explained it to Vee, too.  If they continue co-parenting like they are now, and this happened at a future date, I bet Jo would let Isaac go.  It was just too soon after the many times that she screwed him over or tried to.  What I didn't like was Javi trying to cause drama about the situation.  It was Jo's day according to the custody agreement.  Why would he encourage Kail to fight harder against it when she didn't have a leg to stand on?  

I think it's rather pathetic how both Jeremy and Javi are so insecure about their places in their wives' lives that they encourage Leah and Kail to fight with their kids' fathers.  Even having their own kids with Leah and Kail aren't enough to give them some security or some empathy, apparently.  And word to the poster who pointed out neither of these punks are man enough to say these things to Corey or Jo's faces.  Jeremy didn't even attempt to back Leah up about the therapy until they were miles down the road from Corey!

• Love 4

What we think is a big deal or not, is not how other people feel. What days we feel are special or not, doesn't matter to Jo.  If Jo wants to spend his Father's Day with Isaac at the park, that is his choice and that may be a special day to him as a father. If he chooses to spend it at the beach, again, that is his choice. If it is a barbecue, that's fine too. If Jo wants to take Isaac to some vacation spot during his six weeks visitation, even better. If Jo doesn't do anything at all with Isaac during that time, that is his choice as the parent who has him for that assigned time. If one doesn't care for those holidays, great. More power to you. But, it is clear it is a big deal to Jo and that is all that matters.  There is more to Isaac just being at a barbecue. He is spending time with his father, something Jo fought long and hard for. Isaac will have great memories.

Having lost both my parents, I really cherish my memories of spending Mother's Day at the beach or Father's Day at our home barbecuing. I would never see it as "just a barbecue".  I am glad to have had both parents under the same roof. I feel for Isaac, but I know things will be great for him as he has two outstanding parents who are doing the best they can.

I bet Jace would love to be at a family barbecue on Father's Day with a man who loved him as much as Javi and Jo love Isaac.

Well...again....children of divorced parents are the ones more likely to celebrate holidays on days other than the official holiday. If they are going to be hung up on whether Father's Day is actually Father's Day or the Sunday before or whether they open presents on Dec. 26 or Dec. 25 or whether Isaac has a party with them on his actual birthday, things won't be simple for them and I guess their memories will be less than ideal somehow.  I am not discounting what it means to celebrate fatherhood. I lost both of my parents as a teenager and my most memorable memories of my father, lost when I was 15, were him at my sporting events. Not some official "holiday" that could only be celebrated on the third Sunday in June  I just really see it as kind of trifling and something I hope I wouldn't insist on with my own kids* but YMMV, obviously.  (*Of course, I said from the beginning I can understand Jo's reticence. I just wasn't on board with the "How dare she even ask him" line of thought.) 

Edited by lilmarysunshine

Who's to say Jo couldn't take Isaac away during his time? The Bahamas isn't some magical mythical place. Good planning and a few hundred dollars will get to the Bahamas and a day pass will get you to Atlantis. Big Whoop. And like a previous poster said, a beach is a beach to a four year old. Jersey Shore, Virginia Beach, Florida, the Caribbean. They could hit lots of beaches in six weeks. Shut up Kail.

Kail trying to act as if Isaac will be scared for life when he sees pics minus him was pretty weak. He can make memories with his dad. As soon as Kail and Javi got to Atlantis I'm sure the shit talking would begin about how Javi was a better dad to Isaac because they were on vacation and Jo gave up his time to be with his son.

Edited by Brooklynista

I hadn't seen this posted yet, so I wanted to say I really appreciated when Kail told Isaac to stop running with the stick on the playground, and Isaac was hesitating, that Jo immediately stepped in and backed her up. You don't always get that with couples who are together, and it's even rarer when they're separated.

I just do not have the words to express the contempt I'm feeling for Mary Kay Weasel, but I will say she's developing Jenelle's off-in-space look. It is not an improvement. And I take offense to everyone saying that horrible haircut makes her look in her 40s. That is a terrible insult to me and all the other women sharing the decade with me! ;)

Edited by Turquoise
  • Love 3

Wow... Just wow... Can we go ahead and book jace into foster care? Anything has got to be better than jenelle, barb and Nathan.

Jenelle does not deserve that child. And she is going to have another one?! Omg... Both of those kids would be soo much better off than with jenelle and Nathan... The best thing jenelle could of done was left the house and gave him space.... And talk about ignoring her son... Ugh.... I would say that jenelle is stupid for asking him to call her mom instead of barb, but barb is no prize either. Neither one of them should have anything to do with that child! And barb just creates more drama so she can yell and I am over jenelle barb and Nathan.... They are a bunch of losers who need to be more worried about jace and not there stupid crap...jace needs a new start away from all this...let Nathan beat her and she can another man who she needs to move on from....over it....

• Love 1
Neither parent is necessarily wrong or right.

Exactly. It was never about right or wrong. It is just a parent asking another parent to accommodate her time with her child. What became an issue with me, was how Kail started up with her guilt trip on Jo. Saying to him how Isaac will miss this chance, or whatever she spouted, really hit a sore spot with me and just made what was a simple request into another manipulative move on her part to get what she wants. Imagine if Jo did that to her? Oy. He'd be a flippin' asshole for daring to ask such a thing. Word to your entire post as well Bitter Apple.

You are really feeling little Jace's pain, Kazu.

I am. It hurts so much to know that little boy won't get what he truly deserves in this world - a set of parents who put him first and foremost. At least in the Kail & Jo matter, Kail loves her son so much she wants to take him on that vacation, and Jo loves Isaac so much that he wants to have that time with him because he can't get enough of his son's time. Isaac is truly blessed and it is nice to see how Jo and Kail are speaking to one another now. So refreshing. Last season I was always thinking how Kail needed to learn a thing or two from Leah. Eh. Now the situation is reversed.

Jenelle never thinks of taking Jace anywhere! If she were to have a free trip, she and Nathan would dump their dinner role with Barb so they could go alone. Jace is never first in her life. Never. Jenelle is not a mother at all. When she told Jace to call her mom, I was hoping Jace would have said, "Why?"

• Love 1

Add me to the heartbroken by the treatment of Jace. My goodness, he was so sad in the car- but already smarter than Nathan, Jenelle and Barb all put together. When he offered to Janelle that he'd help decorate for the shower, she should have said "Thanks Jace, we'll do it together and it will be awesome." And then when he said "it's your choice", WOW! I feel for Barb, she is way too old to be handling a 5 year old boy. Janelle does not EVER want full custody of Jace- and why the hell do they discuss that in front of him? Same with the f-bombs with both Ali and Aleeeeaaahhh in the back seat. Leah- admit it, you got caught missing therapy. Yes, Corey has not taken Ali to therapy because he works full time and you don't. I thought Jo and Kail had a reasonable/rationale discussion about the visitation. I don't blame either party. It's kind of like do you go to your fam or your in-laws for holidays.  I pray a reunion show with anyone but Dr. Drew. Why doesn't someone call these people out on their parenting practices?

Edited by jacksgirl
  • Love 1

Something was going on with Leah this episode.   On the heels of a fight about money with Jeremy she starts a fight with Corey about money. 

She's SO tired that her grandmother is in her kitchen cooking and taking care of the baby while Leah lounges in her room with Jeremy. What the hell was that about anyway?  She wasn't even embarrassed that her grandmother was taking care of her baby while she was kicking back in the same house with her able bodied husband.  If Leah needed a break I'd expect Jeremy to step up and give her one.  He should be embarrassed too. 

I'm going to guess that have three kids under five is exhausting but if Corey has them every weekend and Jeremy's mom has the baby sometimes then is it really three full time kids?  I'm just asking - I never had more than two but I know that is not just twice as tough as one, more like five times as tough - at least for me. 

Poor little Jace.  It's one thing to know the statistics for children of teen mothers but it's so much worse when you spend four years watching that child go down the path.  The whole thing is sad and maddening to me.  Sad for obvious reasons; maddening because it all could have been prevented with a condom.  

Chelsea's reaction (and funny comments) about Adam and his ride showing up to Aubree's game seemed like just another good example of why choosing to tie yourself for life to the guy you thought you loved at 16 is generally a bad idea.   At least I'm hoping that's what my 14 year old niece got from that. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 1

Add me to the heartbroken by the treatment of Jace. My goodness, he was so sad in the car- but already smarter than Nathan, Jenelle and Barb all put together. When he offered to Janelle that he'd help decorate for the shower, she should have said "Thanks Jace, we'll do it together and it will be awesome." And then when he said "it's your choice", WOW! I feel for Barb, she is way too old to be handling a 5 year old boy. ?

I disagree that Barb is "way too old" to take care of a five year old. She appears to have a lot more energy than Jenelle who is always whining that she is tired even though she has no job, no children, no nothing. Jenelle actually had to rest after picking up dog poop and getting the dogs back into their cages. barb, on the other hand, works full time, apparently takes care of two small children, gets Jace to daycare. He appears clean,well fed, etc. it's Barb's lack of mental well being that prevents her from being able to do a good job. She needs counseling and support or she just might suffer a breakdown.

• Love 5

I know there are women out there who can do it all and there are plenty of women raising children and grandchildren beyond a certain age for good reasons, but there is a reason why Mother Nature makes women go through menopause. It is time to close shop. Women need to enjoy their later years without having to care for children again. As Barb ages, her body and mind also ages. God forbid one day she has a stroke or a heart attack, but that is the kind of thing that happens to older people. It's one thing to babysit, it is another to care for a small child 24/7.  Caring and raising children is tiresome and hard work. It is worse for an older person.  It takes a toll on their whole body and mind. Look at Katherine Jackson. Sweet baby Jesus. Money or no money, older folks should be able to enjoy their lives without having to raise someone else's child. On top of that, there is no gratitude or "thank you" for what Barb does.

I don't view it as Barb having energy. I view it as Barb having to work and do things that is necessary to care for herself and Jace.  . She has to work and pay for her bills, groceries and all the essentials. If she doesn't, who will? Not Jenelle. Jenelle gets the luxury of sitting at home and deciding what she will do with her life while bringing another child into this world, being miserable and whining all the time.

Still, I am deeply annoyed with her emotional abuse of Jace.

• Love 1

It's a fact of life that Isaac will miss out on things with his mom when he is with his dad and vice versa. He will grow up splitting time between two families, he will miss out on both good times and bad times that occur when he is with his other parent. I see it in my own family, my step niece splits her time between her dad and her mom(my brother's wife). We try to schedule family functions when she is with her mom, but it can't always be done. As she gets older, she will ask her mom or dad directly if they can change visitation so that she can attend a school friends party or a special family occasion that she would otherwise miss. Generally the parent agrees. But this arrangement had been in effect for years. Jo and Kail are just now working things out in a civil manner. I can see Jo's hesitation considering Kail's past behavior. I can also see If Jo agreed this time, that Kail might use that in the future " well last year Father's Day wasn't so important to you"

It's on each parent to help maintain a close bond between their child and the other biological parent. Neither should dismiss occasions in the others life as less important than those in their own life, instead they should encourage communication and participation of the child in all aspects of the opposite parents life. Javi needs to mind his own business. Statistics suggest he's going to find out what it's like to have to share Lincoln, so he'd better pay close attention.

• Love 3

I don't understand why Kailyn and Javi planned their trip when they knew Isaac was going to be with his dad. If it's for the scentsy convention, then it's for the scentsy convention. She never has to bring up the trip with Isaac, and if she wants him to be there so badly, she can still take him at another time. I'm sure if Jo gave him up for the week, that would somehow get spun into Jo not wanting to have Isaac, or some other bullshit Javi and Kailyn could say to make themselves seem the better parents.

• Love 1

I know there are women out there who can do it all and there are plenty of women raising children and grandchildren beyond a certain age for good reasons, but there is a reason why Mother Nature makes women go through menopause. It is time to close shop. Women need to enjoy their later years without having to care for children again. As Barb ages, her body and mind also ages. God forbid one day she has a stroke or a heart attack, but that is the kind of thing that happens to older people. It's one thing to babysit, it is another to care for a small child 24/7.  Caring and raising children is tiresome and hard work. It is worse for an older person.  It takes a toll on their whole body and mind. Look at Katherine Jackson. Sweet baby Jesus. Money or no money, older folks should be able to enjoy their lives without having to raise someone else's child. On top of that, there is no gratitude or "thank you" for what

Still, I am deeply annoyed with her emotional abuse of Jace.

Oh my goodness, we are all at risk for illness, etc. The fact is that currently Barb is more physically fit than her daughter. Jennelle is constantly complaining of fatigue and of being stressed and hard drug use has probably aged her prematurely. The issues with Barb are purely whether she is mentally healthy enough. It appears that she is not and needs help.

• Love 2

Are there support groups for grandparents raising kids? I think a lot of Barbs stress and anger could be tempered if she just had some sort of sounding wall. If she had other people in the same situation where she could just vent. Maybe she could learn coping skills or at least hear how others deal.

At one point I was glad for Barb that Janelle took Jace on the occasional weekend, but with Nathan around Barb is surely spending that alone time hoping Jace is ok. Her brain must never get a chance to be quiet and peaceful.

• Love 2

...I was in a situation with a family member where we tried to get a child removed from their home. We were told by a judge that it's not illegal to be dysfunctional.

That's just outright disgusting!!

The only story-line I'm enjoying is Chelsea/Aubree because she's actually being a parent, she's not relying wholly on others and she seems like a functional human being. Most importantly she obviously loves Aubree very much and cares well for her.

Jenelle/Jace is just a disaster.

• Love 1

As far as the Kail story line... Hasn't she expressed concern before that Isaac is going to like being with Jo's family more? We can go back and forth all day about whether it's a Hallmark holiday or could have been rescheduled, but for me it's pretty simple, it'll be a cold day in hell before Isaac spends Mother's Day with Jo, so I think Jo should be given the same consideration for Father's Day.

As far as Leah is concerned, if what she is saying is true, that Corey not paying bills is hurting her credit, she's not helping it at all by spending 3000 on Mary Kay. I don't think she should have to cover his half if that's the agreement, but if the bills going into collections was the ordeal she's making it out to be then the $6,000 she put out on the show just for Mary Kay and washer and dryer... Could have been put towards bills IF she were that concerned about her credit. It sucks but life's not always fair like that. Also she is always so quick to point out we don't see everything, okay be that's true, but we can't see things if they don't happen... So all these things that make her look bad, yes to some degree can be edited, but they couldn't be edited at all if they weren't happening to some degree, for example when she's bad mouthing Corey in front of the girls, they couldn't have shown tha if it didn't happen to begin with, it's not a great example because she did acknowledge that but it makes my point.

• Love 5

Are there support groups for grandparents raising kids? I think a lot of Barbs stress and anger could be tempered if she just had some sort of sounding wall. If she had other people in the same situation where she could just vent. Maybe she could learn coping skills or at least hear how others deal.

At one point I was glad for Barb that Janelle took Jace on the occasional weekend, but with Nathan around Barb is surely spending that alone time hoping Jace is ok. Her brain must never get a chance to be quiet and peaceful.

And then there are the times when Jenelle and Nathan fight and Jenelle calls Barb to come and get Jace in the middle of the night. Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 4

And then there are the times when Jenelle and Nathan fight and Jenelle calls Barb to come and get Jace in the middle of the night.

Isn't it insane how Jenelle's thought process works? A normal adult would tell her boyfriend, hey we should cool it because my son is here, or ask the boyfriend to leave, but not our Jenelle. She makes her mother get up in the middle of the night and drive an hour to come get a four year-old. I just can't with her.

• Love 2
Well...again....children of divorced parents are the ones more likely to celebrate holidays on days other than the official holiday. If they are going to be hung up on whether Father's Day is actually Father's Day or the Sunday before or whether they open presents on Dec. 26 or Dec. 25 or whether Isaac has a party with them on his actual birthday, things won't be simple for them and I guess their memories will be less than ideal somehow.  I am not discounting what it means to celebrate fatherhood. I lost both of my parents as a teenager and my most memorable memories of my father, lost when I was 15, were him at my sporting events. Not some official "holiday" that could only be celebrated on the third Sunday in June  I just really see it as kind of trifling and something I hope I wouldn't insist on with my own kids* but YMMV, obviously.  (*Of course, I said from the beginning I can understand Jo's reticence. I just wasn't on board with the "How dare she even ask him" line of thought.)

When I was four, my parents split up and my mom and I moved, so that was the year I took my very first plane ride. Also that year, I went to Disney World for the first time and no doubt had a grand old time. I know these things because they were told to me. I have not one actual memory of any of these moments. The only vague fuzzy memory I have from that year is being in a kitchen eating a big bowl of chocolate ice cream, and I know it was when I was four because I know that kitchen was in the apartment we lived in for only that one year. Much more interesting things happened to me that year and all I remember is ice cream. Because I was four. "Special" doesn't really register yet.

Whether Isaac goes to Atlantis with his mom or spends Father's Day with his dad, neither one will likely mean a hill of beans to him later in life because he probably won't remember them anyway. He's just old enough to appreciate experiences as they occur (as opposed to a baby who has no idea what the hell's going on), and truth be told frolicking on the beach in Atlantis would probably be a much more fun experience than playing in the backyard or a park at a barbecue, but he's very likely not going to remember either one anyway. The memories they're making with these holidays and vacations are, still, for the parents. That is why Jo requested Father's Day. That holiday means absolutely nothing to Isaac right now. He probably has no idea what it even means and wouldn't care even if you told him. But Jo knows what it means, and it means a lot to him, and he wants to spend it with his son. He's not creating a special moment for he and Isaac to share and remember. Isaac isn't going to remember. I'm sure Jo will do all kinds of fun things with Isaac during the six weeks he has him, and odds are Isaac would remember those fun things much more than he'll remember a barbecue. It doesn't matter, because the kid actually caring about or even remembering Father's Day 2014 isn't the point.

Now, if circumstances meant that Jo simply could not see his son on Father's Day, due to situations beyond everyone's control, then that's that. They'll just deal with it. But he has him on Father's Day, and that was the arrangement because he specifically requested that day. There is no situation preventing him from being there that is beyond everyone's control. There is no actual reason why Isaac literally can't be there. Kail has her vacation at the same time, it sucks that it's scheduled at that time (again, I don't believe it was on purpose), and it's special enough to her that I guess don't completely blame her for asking Jo anyway especially since she was realistic about the probability of him saying no. But Isaac doesn't have to go there instead and so there is no real reason why Jo should give up or even move his own Father's Day "celebration" when he specifically arranged to have Isaac that day first. (Because I'm assuming the custody schedule was arranged long before the Atlantis trip ever came up.) And it doesn't matter that the actual day doesn't matter or means anything to the kid. It's his day with him, and it means something to him, even if it doesn't actually mean anything to the kid. Because again, it's not like Isaac is going to remember Father's Day any more than he would remember the trip to Atlantis anyway. He'd be more likely to remember that art show he did than either of those, because that art show meant something to him. These are Jo and Kail's memories, not his.

I don't blame Jo or Kail for each wanting to have their special moments and special memories with Isaac, even if he's still a little too young to remember them specifically or care that it's supposed to be special. Your time with your child is precious, as we all know, because the time goes so fast and you have only so many of these special days when you actually want to spend time with them before they become rude, snarling teenagers and you're just counting down the days until you can kick them out and change the locks. I can't begrudge Jo for wanting to have these moments with his son, especially since it's not like he sees him every day.

Edited by Chicken Wing
  • Love 4

Honestly I think these girls make too much of the whole broken home thing. They're all so obsessed with having a "family" for their kids without ever thinking about what all the two parent, family vacation, everyone in matching Christmas sweater stuff means. It's about stability for the kids, not cute Instagram photos. I agree that Issac is unlikely to be traumatized by missing the vacation unless his parents make it traumatic. Kids at that age take a lot of emotional cues from adults and if the adults act like it's a GOOD thing for Issac to get all this special time with his Dad then he's likely to see it that way too. Chelsea seems to be the only one even close to realizing that a family is about more than two dysfunctional adults creating chaos under the same roof. Sometimes divorce (or splitting up) isn't a bad thing at all. Happy families can look like a lot of things, but they pretty much always have grown ups acting like grown ups (everyone in charge of Jace, I'm looking at you!).

• Love 1

The only thing that gets me through Jace's moments is reminding myself that we are literally seeing only a few minutes of these people's lives. I want to believe that things aren't really like that all the time or even a lot of the time, because the "boring" stuff gets left out of the show. But I just can't imagine it's really that much better when the cameras aren't looking. Neither Barbara or Jenelle seem like they have much better personalities offscreen. Because Lordy, that boy just looks so sad, and if he's really acting out and striking out at people as bad as Barbara says he is it's usually because there's a problem.

• Love 1
Javi needs to mind his own business.

I think it's pretty obvious that Kail manipulates Javi, he didn't pull all of that 'why don't you fight him, this is his home, he belongs with us' nonsense out of nowhere.   She put those ideas in his head, and then played dumb and let him say everything she really thinks on camera so she gets to look like the bigger person.   Both Leah and Kail just love to play the victim/martyr when they talk with their new husbands about their exes.  You know they are constantly crying and whining about whatever Jo or Corey said or did, while not mentioning their part in the argument, which  gets Jeremy and Javi all riled up, then they get to be all 'oh, we have to co parent, just let him be a horrible asshole, we'll do it for the kid' when the camera is rolling.   When in reality all the fathers are trying to do is be involved and have equal rights to their kids.  

• Love 1

Love all of the comments and opinions as I drink my coffee here. Off-topic, but just wanted to say how much I love the energy and flow of the conversations here. As I read various comments, I tend to think, "You know, that's a great point."  Have a great day everyone and thanks to the mods too.

Back to the topic.

If Jo agreed this time, that Kail might use that in the future " well last year Father's Day wasn't so important to you"

Someone else pointed this as well. Thanks for reminding me of another of her manipulation tactics. Gah! I do remember that one instant when Jo was going to be late for a drop-off due to him working over-time, and Kail made such a dramatic moment over something that happens everyday to everyone - being late. She made it out that Jo wasn't following the custody arrangement and therefore, some kind of bad father. Remember her conversation with her friends at that restaurant when she told them how he was going to be late and in her sarcastic way pointed out the whole drop-off issue, it was what Jo wanted, "how dare he" attitude and how he wasn't following through? 

The fact is that currently Barb is more physically fit than her daughter. Jennelle is constantly complaining of fatigue and of being stressed and hard drug use has probably aged her prematurely. The issues with Barb are purely whether she is mentally healthy enough. It appears that she is not and needs help

Yet, there is Jenelle bringing another baby into this world. The fact is Jenelle is lazy as fuck, not fatigued.  She sure has the energy for sex and playing house will all of these guys she has had in her life.  Driving around town in her new car, being with Nathan, getting tattoos. Yep, sounds like she is fatigued alright [sarcasm].  Then, there are all those fights and arguments she gets into with Nathan and all the guys prior. Boy, she sure is not too damn tired or fatigued to do that.  Jenelle can complain all she wants, it doesn't mean she is not physically capable of doing what she should be doing and will have to do now that her baby is here. Barb has no choice but to tend to Jace. It doesn't mean she is physically fit. The woman has had to hold down a job and care for this kid for four years now. She had to in order for Jace to have a stable environment.

Of course Barb has some mental issues going on. As another pointed out above, who is the one who gets a call in the middle of the night to pick up Jace? That is insane! Barb can't even get a good night's sleep because she has to drive over an hour to Jenelle's place. It's not because she is physically fit, but because Jenelle won't stop fighting and arguing. Barb would rather get Jace out of there before something happens such as a DV situation. Something Jenelle has done before.

Geez, for someone who is physically tired, drained and fatigued, she sure can find herself in a whole lot of trouble by getting into physical altercations with guys. Let's not forget those altercations with those girls that were posted online because someone videotaped those moments.

Jenelle was not too tired to vacation at a resort. Seems to me, Barb should have a vacation:http://teenmomtalk.com/inside-jenelle-evans-key-largo-vacation/

Nathan gets a vacation. What about Jace?

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 3

I'm pretty sure Jenelle got into some kind of fistfight with Anna Buckwild at one point, yet they've been filmed together as "friends" numerous times this season. Doesn't make much sense to me. I think when it comes to Jace, Jenelle is not too fatigued. That's not the issue at all. She's just totally fucking lazy. She knows if she doesn't want to do something that Barb will do it for her when it comes to caring for Jace. She's a manipulator, plain and simple.

• Love 1

I also really want to know why the bills are in Leah's name and not Corey's name since his insurance is being used.  I would think they'd have to be in his name if Ali is on his insurance.

• Love 1

I also really want to know why the bills are in Leah's name and not Corey's name since his insurance is being used.  I would think they'd have to be in his name if Ali is on his insurance.

Just more shit Leah says that doesn't really make sense. Same with all of her allergies - yet she's got cats, a horse, and possibly also a dog. No one with "severe" allergies wants that many pets. I think she spews stuff that sounds good, versus things that are true.

• Love 1

The only thing I can think of is Leah is lying.  She wants people to think Cory is awful and doesn't think her "fans" will know the difference. 

• Love 1

Here's the thing about Kail.  She's an asshole.  She pitched a huge motherfucking fit however many years ago and got a court order that ONLY SHE AND JO can be present at the drop offs.  NO ONE ELSE!!!!  Because she didnt even want to have to see Vee out of the corner of her eye, 50 yards away.  And then, oh here we are living 3 hours away and pregnant as all hell and now Javi can drop him off.  Bitch, make up your mind.  So here she is again, wanting to do things however the fuck she wants them at that moment.  Even in that convo with Javi earlier in the episode where Javi asked her how she felt about not having Isaac for 6 weeks and she said in her bitchface tone "well I don't like it!!!"  Well then, don't move 3 hours away?  Maybe Jo doesn't like not seeing his son either?  She is just too dumb for words. 

Edited by poopchute
  • Love 9

Sneak Peak Video:  Corey and Miranda hash out their co-parenting beef with Leah and Jeremy.

I'm amazed that in all the seasons of teen mom 2, this is the most coherent Corey has been - didn't even need closed captioning to figure out what he was saying.  

Still stunned that there is no one involved with this show that is compelled by law, or by sheer decency, to report Jace's treatment, or at least advocate for him.  He deserves so much more from life than he's getting.

• Love 1

Sorry, I can't figure out how to quote, but in reference to bills being in Leah's name even though the girls are on Cory's insurance....that's how things are with my kids. They are covered under their dad's insurance plan, but because I'm the legal custodial parent - and the one who takes them to doctor appointments and signs the paperwork - all bills come to my house and are in my name; we are then supposed to split the bills. But when he has failed to pay his half it's me the bill collectors come after.

And I wish Jo would have told Kail that Isaac could go on the trip on the condition that they switch holidays with him -- let Isaac be with Jo on Mothers Day. If there's a family get together on Fathers Day, there was probably one on Mothers Day as well....that way Jo could have a special family day with his son and Isaac could go on the trip. If Kail balked at giving up Mothers Day, then that's her problem.

• Love 3

And I wish Jo would have told Kail that Isaac could go on the trip on the condition that they switch holidays with him -- let Isaac be with Jo on Mothers Day. If there's a family get together on Fathers Day, there was probably one on Mothers Day as well....that way Jo could have a special family day with his son and Isaac could go on the trip. If Kail balked at giving up Mothers Day, then that's her problem.

I had the same thought, and it really did look like Jo gave the whole thing some thought, he didn't just say "no" immediately. Jo has grown up, he praised Kail on her parenting and commented on how cute Lincoln is. I am optimistic about them figuring all out. As a teacher I always say I'd rather have a child be loved too much than not enough. Isaac has that on Jace.

• Love 1

Still stunned that there is no one involved with this show that is compelled by law, or by sheer decency, to report Jace's treatment, or at least advocate for him.  He deserves so much more from life than he's getting.

Unfortunately even if they did, there's nothing the system can do. To illustrate how bad it is, I have a cousin addicted to heroin who managed to temporarily get custody of two of her four kids back. As bad as Jace's situation is, there are many more that are ten times worse. I do think you make a good point about advocacy. At the very least MTV should be setting up therapy for both Jace and Barb.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 4

Former foster parent here. As terribly sad as it is, the system is really set up to deal with physical abuse rather than emotional/mental. And it's not even very good at that. But Jace appears to be getting enough food to eat, has a roof over his head and as far as we know not being hit. Frankly, I don't know that foster care would be better for him than what he's getting now. The system tends to move kids back and forth from their biological families and between different foster care homes. You couldn't design a system better to destroy a child's ability to form healthy attachments to other people if you tried. There's a reason I'm a former foster parent, only lasted a year. At least as it is now, Jace has a limited number of caregivers.  

Now if Jace could be straight-up adopted by a family who would prioritize his needs, that might be the best scenario. Not that I can see that happening. Barb is too attached and Janelle doesn't care enough about him.

• Love 4
I had the same thought, and it really did look like Jo gave the whole thing some thought, he didn't just say "no" immediately. Jo has grown up, he praised Kail on her parenting and commented on how cute Lincoln is. I am optimistic about them figuring all out. As a teacher I always say I'd rather have a child be loved too much than not enough. Isaac has that on Jace.

I don't know what went on between Jo's mom and dad, and they're issues, but I do think that they've been pretty reasonable, and Jo's parenting must be a reflection of them in some way.  I appreciate that he said he felt bad about turning Kailyn's request down, but that he wanted to be with his son on Father's Day.  At least he seemed to have some empathy for Kail, which is a lot more than she's done for him in the past, and a lot more than other fathers on this franchise do for their baby mommas.

• Love 2

Of all the people on this show, Javi seems to be the least intelligent as far as actually being smart and knowing things. I think that is why Kail picked him, because she can control him. Javi actually seemed to think they can just deny Jo visitation on Father's Day, or cut short his 6 weeks visitation because they don't like it. No court in the United States is going to deny Jo access to his son on Father's Day just because Javi and Kail want him sitting on the beach with them. Jo should be careful, because I think Kail and Javi will eventually scheme to take Isaac very far away and severely limit visitation.

If Barb had refused to take over Jace as a newborn, I really think Jenelle would have given him up to adoption. It would have been for the best for him to be adopted out as a baby.

• Love 4
Mkay, thanks for that update! Wow, $1200/mo seems kind of steep considering Cory practically has 50/50 custody of the girls. Leah mentions paying "his half of the medical bills." Does that mean she was supposed to pay the other half? If she was paying, why were the bills in collections? Color me confused.

Yea, that doesn't make sense. Usually if you're paying SOMETHING, you can avoid collections. I wonder how this splitting of the medical bills was supposed to work out? Does Corey send her a check for his half and trust that she pays the bill? Does he send his half directly to the hospital, doctor's office, insurance? And if he carries Ali on his insurance, why does he need to pay half the bills anyhow?

This is how Kail earned the trip to the Bahamas:

http://www.slideshare.net/UTBly07/2014-scentsy-family-incentive-trip-Greece

I am confused here. According to that site, no children over the age of 18 months are allowed on the trips. Only those children who are less than 18 months and who are being breastfed. How was Isaac going to go if it is against the Scentsy rules?

The incentive to win a trip is for the consultant. If that consultant wants to take someone, they have to sell more product . It is not a trip that is specifically for a consultant and a guest. From their website, if a consultant wins a trip, but not enough for a guest, the guest can only go if there is availability. All guests whose consultant earned the trip for them are given priority over guests whose consultant did not earn enough points for them to be on the trip.

Kailyn's response on the matter: 

"Could have celebrated Father's Day any day of the year but unfortunately with coparenting Jo decided to keep him." 

Kail responding to those who tweeted he was a bad parent:

"No it doesn't make him a bad parent."
Edited by GreatKazu

Exactly. This is the reason there are custody agreements... because it's in the child's best interest to have equal time with both parents. Because relationships between split parents are relatively unstable, boundaries are important. Custody orders are only as good as the parents who follow them. MY SD's mom seems to feel that her relationship, as the mother and custodial parent, supersede's my husband's relationship with his daughter. Kids have the right to a relationship with both parents and a custody agreement gives children legal rights to that... mother & father.

Just when I think I have them all down, I see a new one.

What is SD?

I forgot to add, that "Hallmark" day comment, just doesn't sit right with me. Father's Day and Mother's Day have always been special days to me and my siblings. I am sure it is special to a lot of people. I know it is special to those children who no longer have their parents under one roof. It is not as if it is Valentine's Day. To me, it is about Jo spending it with the child he truly loves and has fought a long and hard battle with someone who tried to keep him away from his beautiful child. Jo deserves to have his son by his side on that day, out of all the days of the year. Kail has the benefit of having Isaac for a lot more time than Jo, even though she bitches about it far too much. I bet Jo would love to take his child off her hands for more time than he gets.

The truth is, a judge and Kail agreed to it. That is why they sign the documents and the court signs and formalizes the agreement so that these kind of situations don't occur where parents are playing tug-o-war with the poor child.

Thank you! I was going to comment that the Hallmark comment didn't sit well with me either. I don't have parents anymore and would give anything to be able to spend those days with my parents.

Mother and Father's days were always a big deal in my family. I have pictures of family barbecues with multiple generations of fathers/mothers and their kids.

I would love to see what Kail would have done if Jo had wanted Isaac Mother's day.

Thanks Dangerous Minds. These initials get out of control sometimes. I would much rather just write the full word.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 1

I'm almost certain all the drama over Isaac and the family vacation was "heightened reality". GreatKazu beat me to it, but I was going to basically post the same thing about the trip. I have a friend that's a Scentsy consultant and that Atlantis trip was indeed an incentive trip based off of sales during a certain time period (August to January, I think she said) and your trip location was pretty much picked for you based on your sales rank. Rank info wasn't released until February, which coincides with Kail's tweet but Kail would have known from the very beginning that Isaac wouldn't have been allowed on the trip. Since Scentsy is largely sold by SAHMs, the company apparently made it clear multiple times that all the trips were adults only with the exception of nursing toddlers. Watching the scene again with that in mind, you can tell that Kail's not fighting for it like it was something she really cared about and Jo doesn't even seem to be all that offended that she asked.

• Love 4

My father was the greatest man ever.....when he was sober. But when he was drunk - and in my childhood memories he was drunk a LOT, he was angry and abusive, especially toward my mother. When Mom passed away in June, the things me and my 4 siblings remembered most fondly about her was how she never spoke bad about our father and never kept us from seeing him. He was only in and out of our lives on occasion, and because Mom allowed us to see him, we had some good memories of him (he died when I was 13). If anyone had an absolute right to be angry and accusatory, it was my Mom. But because she wasn't, we were able to have good memories not only of our dad but respect for her as well.

I'm sorry for your loss. June 5th marked 13 years since I lost my mom.

My condolences.

I don't think Chelsea talks bad about Adam to Aubree. I know the things she says are filmed and Aubree will see them one day but I think Chelsea wants her to have a good relationship with her dad.

Chelsea wants a daddy for Aubree like she has. I think it makes her sad that Aubree will never have that but I don't think she wants Aubree to hate her dad.

In my opinion, there's not a lot of negative to Chelsea. I've always been her defender but she's surpassed anything I pictured.

I'm proud of her. I think she's matured into a fantastic young woman. She still has some maturing to do but she's young, she'll get there.

I think Chelsea and Aubree have the brightest future out of all of these people. She's the only one who has anything substantial to show for all of the money they've made. And she'll still be benefiting from that money long after the others are broke and living back with their moms.

I don't blame Chelsea for being snarky about Adam's girlfriend. She did look like a stripper.

• Love 3

The thing about Chelsea is that I think she would take Adam back. I think she would sleep with him again in a heartbeat. And that doesn't bode well for who she will choose to date in the future. I hope I'm wrong, but she seems to be that kind of personality. She's still the most stable one in this sad group. And the only one with a marketable job skill.

It annoys me that Leah gets to ask Corey for more money when she says she took more time off her own job because she's "stressed". Its not Corey's fault she popped out a third kid,and it bugs me that she's not working full time herself, but is sitting with Jeremy whining about money. Do they count Jeremy's salary when figuring out child support, since Leah isn't really working? Or should we assume the MTV money factors in?

• Love 4

I wouldn't discount Chelsea hooking up with Adam again (she did several times in the fairly recent past, after they'd already washed their hands of each other, after he was already with Taylor). But I can't really see her actually getting back together with him. I think she's done with that. I can see her putting up with him and whatever the hell he's got going on his pants that has all the gals in South Dakota all a-twitter, but once she's got her fix she'll send him on his way with a "thank you ma'am" and go back to barely tolerating him.

• Love 1