Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E25: Summer Daze, Summertime Sadness

JerseyGirl
  • Start Topic

I found myself shaking my head that this was the first time either had ever ordered wine in a restaurant (or anywhere), and knew nothing about wine. They just seemed so young, which they are. But they had no problems jumping right into the lifelong commitment of marriage, having a baby, and buying a house. All before either ordered their first drink in a restaurant. So different from me or anyone I've known.

I'm almost 38 and I've never had alcohol.  So it isn't impossible.

EDIT:  WOOPS!!  I see why you said that.  I misunderstood!

Edited by spidermiss2426

Nathan is the creepiest guy, I think, of all the TM guys. I think I'd take Adam over him if I had to. Chelsea was right that he is "douch-ey" but Nathan just creeps me out. It is like he thinks he's playing a role and fooling people. There seems to be little that is genuine about him - like he's a con man and him glomming onto Jace is disconcerting. I have not been a single mom but if I ever found myself single, I think I would be soooo picky about who I let in my child's life, particularly someone who is around him/her alone or when the kid is vulnerable. Even his body, of which he's so proud, is gross to me because it embodies him.

• Love 1

I found myself shaking my head that this was the first time either had ever ordered wine in a restaurant (or anywhere), and knew nothing about wine. They just seemed so young, which they are. But they had no problems jumping right into the lifelong commitment of marriage, having a baby, and buying a house. All before either ordered their first drink in a restaurant. So different from me or anyone I've known.

I loved Kail's response after she took a sip: "Fancy."

• Love 4

Jenelle: Jenelle and Mongo continue to be a lost cause. Why do they blame everything regarding Jace on Babs?  How dare Mongo not even fight for his own daughter, but automatically want Jace, because he’s in such a terrible environment with Babs? When will they be grateful for what she’s doing for him?  It’s obvious that Jace wants to live with Babs. It was sad when he called her mom. Jenelle is nothing to him.

Leah: Please stop talking badly about Cory in front of the girlses. It’s not fair to bash their father in front of them, Try to make it work.  Jeremy has no right to get involved in the talk between Cory and Leah. He shouldn’t be bashing him either.  Did Jeremy say that Addie and Aleeah were on his insurance, but Ali is on Cory’s? That’s weird. Wouldn’t both of Cory’s kids be on his plan?  Also, the Nancy Grace haircut is not cute.

Chelsea: Adumb is never going to be what you want him to be. Why do you even care who he’s with, unless it directly affects Aubree? Calling her a stripper was out of line. Was  Adumb in jail during this episode? Is that why they gave Taylor her own segment? Paislee is adorable!

Kail: I bet you any money that she planned the trip on Father’s Day, just to piss Jo off.  Did she not think  that Jo would want to celebrate Father’s Day with his son? I know those days are foreign concepts to Kail, because her parents aren’t in her life.  I commend Jo for not giving into Kail. Lincoln is so damn adorable!

• Love 1

While I am not defending Barb's yelling, I do think she could benefit from some counseling. Barb needs to accept that Jenelle does not want Jace and cut all ties with her (easier said than done, I am sure). Something about Barb picking up the phone and calling Nathan seemed so staged, when she first started talking she repeated herself and kind of looked toward the camera. She is all Jace has and I wish she could get it together a little more.

Leah looked stoned, her eyes were so weird looking.  Also, when she was in the car with Jeremy, the way she was chewing gum or candy or whatever and talking was really strange. She looks awful.

Kail is unbearable to me. She says the right thing sometimes, but I am not convinced she has changed at all. 

• Love 1

Nobody's going to mention it? Fine, then my inner 12 yr old boy will.

I giggled pretty hard when Vee was on the couch eating her box of candy and Jo asked if she wanted him to "eat her box". Go head Jo. Maybe that's why Kail was so upset when he didn't want to get back together.

• Love 6

Nobody's going to mention it? Fine, then my inner 12 yr old boy will.

I giggled pretty hard when Vee was on the couch eating her box of candy and Jo asked if she wanted him to "eat her box". Go head Jo. Maybe that's why Kail was so upset when he didn't want to get back together.

I totally caught that too. *cue Beavis & Butt-head style laughter*

On one hand I can see Jo's issue. Father's Day, family party. But on the other hand how many times might Isaac get to go to the Bahamas? I don't blame Kail for asking. Javi needed to have a seat afterward though. Isaac is NOT his kid.

I also wondered why Taylor(?) was getting segments now. At first I had no idea who she was, til the hair stylist mentioned "little Paiz". But since when do the new baby mamas get solo airtime?

Personally I think Barb could be a lot more attentive to Jace and his needs (beyond basic clothing and feeding) if she'd just cut Jenelle off once and for all. But if she did that the MTV money would probably stop. I know she works at Walmart, but I bet MTV pays a lot better.

• Love 2

Boy, where to begin... Janelle's freak out seemed to be more about Nathan's suggestion that Jace come live with them than his refusal to help with the shower. She does not want Jace, end of story. You could see the hamster wheel turning in her head while she thought up reasons to not get custody. When Jace was singing in the car, I interpreted it as a distraction from his mom's lunacy. When he was crying in the house, Barb should have comforted and redirected him to something fun. She needs to cut ties with Janelle and Nathan for Jace's sanity and her own. I'll bet the money from the show is what's keeping them together.

If Leah and Germy need to shit talk, they need to not do it around the girlses. They are going to start losing major points for that with her daughters. They seem to prefer Cory already. Why did Ali miss therapy so many times they were going to kick her out? Leah never answered to that.

If Jo pushed for Isaac to miss Mother's Day, Kail's head would have exploded. What was the deal with her not letting Isaac play with sticks. That's like the best free toy!

Same here in California. Heck even then they don't always have the capacity to do anything. I've known of kids in horrible situations where CPS has been called numerous times but haven't been able to do anything because it wasn't bad enough (yet). It's heartbreaking.

I was in a situation with a family member where we tried to get a child removed from their home. We were told by a judge that it's not illegal to be dysfunctional.

• Love 1

WTF is Scentsy? Sorry, I feel like I'm out of the loop. 

It's some candle company. I think they make that oil incense stuff too. But it's fashioned like Avon, where you have to order it from a consultant and you can have in home parties and such. You know, typical stay at home mom "convenience" type job. If you know enough people (or have the fans) you can probably make decent money with it.

I think the reason why Corey is only paying 200 a month is because he has the kids four days out of the week.  That was an interesting tidbit that Jeremy's father shared.

I too thought I heard Cory's dad mention Cory having the kids Friday through Monday - every week.

Someone here mentioned about the possibility of the insurance not paying because Leah is not taking Goggles to therapy. I didn't even think of that.

Boy, Leah was so defensive when that bit of truth came out. There is no reason a therapist would call Cory and mention that to him if there were excused absences. Leah was probably too stressed to go. Must be so nice to just not fulfill one's obligations because one is "too stressed".  Leah is "too stressed" and Kail is "so frustrated".

Barb lost me when Jenelle was so upset on her couch. Barb had a chance to turn things around, but instead, she fucked it all up. Barb could have told Jenelle it was okay, let Nathan be angry and then convince Jenelle they can do the set-up for the shower without him. Deflect the attention off of Nathan and onto the party.  Was it really necessary to have him there? No. It would be nice to have had his help and be a part of all of that, but seriously, so much attention was given to his behavior.  Let him sulk and just move forward with the decorating and setting-up.

I also did not like Barb discussing what is wrong with Nathan to Jace. I am really not happy with her comments about what is right or wrong for a guy to do. I don't like people trying to fit other people into molds - men shouldn't do this or women shouldn't do that. We live in a world where males do shave their legs and what if one day Jace wants to for one reason or another? Or worse, what if Jace sees guys with shaved legs and then he belittles them or bullies them for doing so? What Barb should tell Jace about is, how one human being should not hurt another human being. She needs to worry about how she comes off and her damn behavior.

Interesting that last week's episode, Jenelle mentioned only having had one argument with Nathan in two months. Last night's episode, she tells the viewers that Nathan is mean to her all the time. I will go with the comment that he is mean to her all the time. I don't like the guy, he gets easily fired up over shit, he yells, cusses, and is obviously scaring Jace. What little he is shown on screen, I just multiply that behavior by ten. There is no way Nathan is some nice guy when the cameras are gone.

Got a better look at that monstrosity of a tattoo that Kail recently had done...http://instagram.com/p/sjDKEctGnZ/

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 1

Yikes, what the hell is that monstrosity?   That thing is going to give me nightmares.  

I think it spoke volumes that Leah was so defensive about the therapy.   She went right to saying that she has always done it.  Well yeah, she was a stay at home mom at the time.   It makes the most sense for Leah to handle the therapy appointments, she doesn't work except sporadically and part time it seems.  

Did Jeremy say that Addie and Aleeah were on his insurance, but Ali is on Cory’s? That’s weird. Wouldn’t both of Cory’s kids be on his plan?  Also, the Nancy Grace haircut is not cute.

This insurance thing is the part that had me completely confused too. One week Jeremy's saying "if Ali was on MYYYY insurance she'd have her wheelchair by now" and then the next week he's saying that Aleeah's on his (apparently superior, at least if you ask him) insurance but Ali isn't?  Huh? I would assume both kids would be on Corey's plan, unless Jeremy adopted them or something. I don't know... guess it doesn't matter but as someone who's had my fair share of insurance company battles I think I pay extra attention to this stuff.

And yeah... the hair... yikes.

I think Germy said Leah and Addie were on his insurance, his wife and his daughter. It's hard to understand him!

Ohhh that would make way more sense. I'm also the one who thought Leah said she liked her "slutty hair" when it apparently may have been "sweaty hair" so I may need a hearing check.  C'mon MTV, if these people are going to mumble, we need more subtitles.

Edited by NikSac

It's some candle company. I think they make that oil incense stuff too. But it's fashioned like Avon, where you have to order it from a consultant and you can have in home parties and such. You know, typical stay at home mom "convenience" type job. If you know enough people (or have the fans) you can probably make decent money with it.

I think it's sort of the younger PartyLite for people in their 20s. Same general business model as PartyLite, Mary Kay, Tupperware, Pampered Chef, etc. I'm thinking she must be doing fairly well with it if she got invited to the consultant get together in the Bahamas.

When Cory called Leah out on Ali's missed therapy appointments, I noticed Germy got reeaaaallly quiet, both during the exchange and on the drive home. He knew damn well Ali missed more sessions than the occasional one here and there due to a doctor's appointment. I could literally see the smoke coming out of Leah's ears as her brain went into overdrive trying to fabricate a plausible denial. I thought Miranda was admirably well restrained considering she looked like she wanted to punch the crap out of Leah.

I'm completely baffled on the insurance situation as well. My interpretation is the girlses were on Cory's insurance but are being switched to Germy's. I could be making that up....

• Love 3

Thinking about this Scentsy junk reminds me....they owe me a Scentsy candle. I went to a candle party a couple years back and ordered one and never got it. Supposedly the consultant scammed us all, cos nobody got their orders. It got to the point where I just forgot about it. Crap, I wish I could remember who had that party, cos I'd contact Scentsy HQ and complain.

Anyway, random thought.

Hopefully Kail doesn't do that stuff. Doubtful, if she's doing well, lol.

The look on Jenelle's face when Nathan brought up the idea of them taking Jace during the week was priceless. Jenelle has no intentions of getting custody of Jace. School, Kaiser, and the baby shower are more important to her than Jace. Jace's little face was so sad when he was in the car during Jenelle's pity fest. I feel so sorry for him. All he hears is yelling all the time. That kid needs a respite from that insanity. Barb needs to cut ties with Jenelle. It's not healthy for Jace. They all need serious therapy.

Kail sure is an entitled ass. Why would she think it's okay to take Isaac on vacation during Father's Day? I have a feeling her and Javi specifically scheduled their family vacation during Father's Day to screw Jo over and to make him look like the bad guy for saying no. If Jo had scheduled a trip during Mother's Day Kail would've acted a complete ass. I can't stand them.

Leah is heinous. I really don't know what to say about her. She tries her hardest to be a martyr but she's such a lying, manipulative bitch it's difficult to take her side. Jeremy is an asshole, too. The look of glee Leah tried to hide when Jeremy called Corey a piece of shit solidified my loathing of those two. Miranda looked pissed during the drop off. I can imagine dealing with Leah is exhausting.

Can someone explain to me how Leah always knows when Corey gets a raise? Does the court inform her or does she have a spy at his job?

I would guess Corey spending so much on a new home, remodeling & a new truck would be a give away about a raise or he might tell her. Either way, like her or not, agree with her parenting or not. The court ordered him to pay a certain amount $800 a month. He asked her to lower it to $200 to put the rest towards the medical bills. She agreed to find out they were not getting paid. She has every right to be pissed about that & he should pay the full amount. It's easy for the parent who doesn't do as much to point the finger. He doesn't take Ali to therapy or attend any of them. He has the right to question it but why now when money is being brought up, why not when he got the call?

• Love 2

You can clearly see how much Chelsea adores her daughter & tries to be there for her on every level. A-D-A-M is an all around, loser douche. His new bimbo wants to be on tv. She looks much older & probably has her own place so he has somewhere to stay. Why bother to come to the game if all you are going to do is text the entire time. Does A-D-A-M think he's a good dad because he shows up to a game & brings along his newest bimbo? Taylor, now feels what Chelsea is feeling. She picked the loser thinking she would change him. 

I don't care for Leah or her choices but in this instance I side with her. Corey was supposed to pay a certain amount, she agreed for him to pay less under the promise that he would pay the medical bills. He didn't. She has every right to ask for it now. The court ordered it. Funny, now all of a sudden he's going to point out her parenting when the finger is being pointed at him about money. Why didn't he call or confront her as soon as he got the call? Now the part time parent (Corey) wants to question parenting when he hasn't attended therapy or taken the child there but now he wants to question her, who has been doing it since Ali was a baby. Not fair. If he can finance a new truck & remodel his house he surely can try to finance a wheelchair, I know I would.

Joe could have let Kailyn take Isaac. It's not really that big of a deal. But, I agree, she would flip if he wanted him on mother's day. If Kail knew it was his day, she should have scheduled the trip for another time or come back early etc.

Now onto the heartbreaking story of Jayce. That poor little boy does nothing but hear everyone yell & talk about things that he somewhat understands. When he started singing in the car it broke my heart. Jenelle worries more about a man than her child who is clearly hurting. She does not want that child. She wants her man & his child. I hope Jayce does not ever get to live with her & Nathan. I wonder if they will treat him differently when the new baby comes like so many stepparents do in these types of twisted couples. Jenelle said that Jayce said "will Nathan be mad". That right there shows that he is scared of making him mad. It's so bizarre how both Nathan & Jenelle think they are smart & good parents when they are both terrible. Jenelle needs serious, in patient help. Her dependency on men is sick. I know Barbara is a nut job but I get her concerns about Nathan. Jayce will grow up to know not only did his mom give him up, she put every man before him. 

• Love 1

Excuse me, but it was LEAH who asked Cory to pay her $200 instead, not the other way around.

How is Cory supposed to take his child to therapy when he is working? Which parent stays at home? Leah.

Cory buying a new truck, remodeling a home would not indicate to me that he received a raise. It tells me the man works hard (something Leah would not know a thing about). It also tells me that perhaps his wife Miranda, also works hard at her job as a police officer. They have two full incomes to be able to afford the things they do, not to mention, they aren't being shown spending money foolishly, like Leah. Perhaps those two save money, another thing Leah wouldn't know a damn thing about. Whose ass was chewed out two weeks ago for over-spending? Not Cory.

Cory doesn't do as much? How about the simple fact he goes to work full-time to put a roof over his family's head and puts food on their table and provides the insurance? He may not be the one who is with his children all day long like Leah, but he is doing his part. He is not at home living off the state. He also tends to his children when he is home with them. Leah doesn't work. All she does is gripe and bitch.

As for the opinion he doesn't pay the medical bills, nothing has been proven that he hasn't, only Leah's word and going by her history of lying, I won't take what she says as the truth. The bitch hasn't paid her damn taxes or anything else so that heifer can take several seats. Talk about who should not be pointing the fingers, Leah needs to remember there are four fingers pointing right back at her nasty, helmet-head ass.

Leah chewing those candies was like watching a cow chewing cud:

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 8

I think the argument for financing the wheelchair could be made both ways. Leah could have put her 3k Mary Kay investment and 3k washer/dryer set, along with the cost of the horse towards buying a chair for Ali. If it comes out that Cory wasn't using that $600 towards the medical bills then he's dead wrong, but just because Leah is saying it doesn't mean I believe it's so. She's been working pretty hard to slant the narrative in her favor. 

Like I said on the other thread, if Cory has the cancelled checks from paying the bills, he should be in good shape. If he doesn't then he's up shit's creek.

• Love 1

Was the "beach" Atlantis in Nassau Bahamas or the Delaware beaches????

I think that Jo could have set aside Father's Day for the Sunday before or after if it were Atlantis.  That's a once in a lifetime trip and if Kail was going for some convention, she would never be able to afford to go again when the kids are that age.  If so, Isaac really missed out and shame on Jo for being selfish.  

I once paid for a vacation to Atlantis in October 2011 or 12.  Due to certain circumstances it had to be cancelled. However, it was a great price at 1500.00 for 3 of us!!! Kail can definitely afford to go any other time.  The cost of those tattoos aren't cheap. A magazine photo shoot will pay for it.  Her trip was some part of Scentsy. Isaac couldn't go this time, so schedule another trip sometime next Summer or in the cheaper months of Sept-Dec.  They just had the exact same sale that made me able to buy my trip so cheap.  

I got the feeling that Kail and Javi had to wait to find out when his vacation would be - I don't think they had any choice in the dates. They had plans to vacation at the beach and Isaac loves the beach, I think kail just figured it wouldn't hurt to ask Jo. When he said no, I think she handled it well. Javi, on the other hand . ..  .

None of this bothers me much after seeing the horror that is Jace's life.

Kail knew in February.  https://twitter.com/KailLowry/status/438368327329923072

Leah said in last week's episode that Corey only had the girls one day a week.  Now it appears he has them three or four days a week (I wonder if he has them Monday morning and she has them Monday during the day).  Regardless I don't trust Leah she's shown time and time again that she'll lie to make herself sound better put Corey down.  I also don't necessarily believe that Corey trying to get custody because Leah is abusing drugs is made up.  She looks like she is on something and it now sounds like she's missing Ali's therapy appointments.  Also why in the world would you want to switch insurances for Ali right now?  All it's going to do is make the process take a lot longer since the claim has already been started with Corey's insurance. 

I hope everyone is right and Kail didn't get a choice in her dates and it's to the Bahamas.  I can understand asking in that situation but I really don't think Isaac is going to be deprived because he didn't get to go with them.  Also why would he even realize they went unless Kail shows him the photos?  I routinely lie to my son about what my daughter and I do while he's in school.  There is no reason to rub it in a child's face that you're having fun without them.  And it also better be the Bahamas if this is all about going to the Delaware beaches then I don't see how they couldn't have done it at another time or tried to work it out so Isaac was there for part of the time then went to Jo's for Father's Day.  Also I imagine if she did get Isaac for Father's Day she would be obnoxious about it and the next time they aren't on good terms she may include "he didn't even spend Father's Day with his son" or something.  Also definitely a picture posted to social media about how Isaac loves Javi so much and loves spending Father's Day with him or something. 

I've never thought Barb was a good parent.  Since the show began I've felt that she has no business raising any children.  I believe all three of her children have had altercations with her that involved the police being called at some point.  That's not just having a bad seed that's Barb.  It's so sad though watching Jace as he experiences more and more of Barb's temper and is forced to listen to her badmouth people he cares about to him.  As much as I hate Nathan I don't think Barb should talk badly about him in front of Jace.  She could talk about Nathan making a bad decision or something when he does something stupid but to bitch about Nathan to Jace was very inappropriate.

At least Janelle was honest about not wanting custody of Jace right now.  And I do agree with her that right before she has a baby would be a horrible time to sue for custody of Jace.  However couldn't she have just said that she wanted to talk about it later instead of listing everything that's more important then Jace in front of Jace?

I mostly ignored Chelsea's segments they were pretty boring, which is a good thing for her.  Also Taylor is the first baby mama #2 on the Teen Mom franchise right?  I don't follow the Teen Mom 3 girls but none of the dads from the first group had babies with anyone else right?  And Corey and Jo haven't either.  Andrew might have a few other kids out there but he's not really included on the show much so we'll never get updates on his other baby mamas.

• Love 3
I think Germy said Leah and Addie were on his insurance, his wife and his daughter. It's hard to understand him!

Not to mention Leah and her daughter basically have the same name, give or take an "A".

Leah was probably too stressed to go. Must be so nice to just not fulfill one's obligations because one is "too stressed".  Leah is "too stressed" and Kail is "so frustrated".

These girls act like "being stressed" is some rare, debilitating malady that causes one's life to come to a screeching halt. Not like it's something every other person in America probably deals with on a daily basis. How many times have we seen them have to drop out of school, or quit their jobs, or get someone to watch their kids because they're "stressed". Waaaah.

• Love 3

The timeline is so funky that it's hard to really understand when things happened (along with the re-created scenes).  It was well documented on facebook that Leah's beauty school teacher cut her hair. So this fight with Corey happened while she was attending school (or started it and took a break) which definitely was after the anxiety medication fiasco.  Leah definitely didn't seem right in the car and while it could be she was on pain pills for something the fact Corey is saying he wants full custody is telling.  I could very well be wrong but it seems Corey has always supported Leah being a mother to the girls and knew her relationship with them was important.  I've never gotten that he wanted to break that bond of her having them "full-time" till now.  In a preview clip on MTV he tells Miranda that he wants to keep what Germy and Leah are doing out of it because that is their business but he has to have the girls best interest at heart.  

As for Allie's missed appointments, since her pre-school is covered through some school district ADA setup (I don't know the officially terminology but school districts are required to offer birth to 5 yr occupation, physical, speech therapy to special needs children in their district) I'm guessing the PT is tied to the program the school district has put in place for Allie.  The PT she had when she was little were through those programs and they usually go until the child is 5.   If Leah is missing too many that could jeopardize the "free" services Allie receives which is a big deal.  Two appointments probably wouldn't cause an issue but they very well may have signed a contract stating only so many "non-approved" missed appointments, school days, etc are allowed.  If Leah is getting Allie close to that number I think the school district would reach out to Corey to let him know since he very well might not.  I don't think any school district wants to kick a special needs child out but there are limited resources and if the parents aren't putting in the required effort they signed up for I could see where the district might draw the line.

It dawned on me this week that I work with a male version of Barb (call him Bob).  The similarities between the two are insane and it dawned on me that Barb calling Nathan was exactly something Bob would (and has) done in similar situations.  Regardless of how badly the kids screw up and how much they know the kids are f'd up when it comes down to it neither Barb or Bob will ever stand up for themselves, the grandkids in their custody, or truly accept their kid is a screw up and it is no one elses fault but their adult kids.  I think both could use some serious therapy and become much better parents to the grandkids in their care.

Speaking of Cory and his time with the girls, does anyone remember what Jeremy said about Cory and his visitation? I think it was something like Cory only gets them when he wants to take them somewhere and that his visits are sporadic. Not that Jeremy used that word, but that was the impression that I got. But then you hear that Cory gets them Fri-Mon (which I believe is Friday night after work, until Monday morning) each week. It is so hard to keep up with all these different stories. I'm going to go with Cory though, just because I like him better and I don't believe his sweet father would make shit up for the cameras.

Edited by MitaJo
  • Love 3

Not to mention Leah and her daughter basically have the same name, give or take an "A".

These girls act like "being stressed" is some rare, debilitating malady that causes one's life to come to a screeching halt. Not like it's something every other person in America probably deals with on a daily basis. How many times have we seen them have to drop out of school, or quit their jobs, or get someone to watch their kids because they're "stressed". Waaaah.

I agree with you, but I have seen a LOT of people like that!!  And when I was younger (and not medicated, and before therapy) I was like that too.  I'm not excusing them, but I've learned perspective is everything.  If you've never had any real problems, even the most minute of problems seem GREAT.  And (as in the case of Jenelle) you have a mental disorder (or multiple, like I do) and are being untreated, problems can seem VERY stressful.  As I said, I'm NOT NOT NOT excusing their behavior, but I can relate, because I had to learn the hard way, sometimes life isn't as bad as you make it out to be.

• Love 4

I don't have anything to say that hasn't already been said except...

When I first saw Leah with that haircut I laughed and laughed.  That haircut ages her to at least 40.

Also, Nathan with his Under Armour tank cut up like he was the Incredible Hulk. Bah hahaha

• Love 3

As for Allie's missed appointments, since her pre-school is covered through some school district ADA setup (I don't know the officially terminology but school districts are required to offer birth to 5 yr occupation, physical, speech therapy to special needs children in their district) I'm guessing the PT is tied to the program the school district has put in place for Allie.  The PT she had when she was little were through those programs and they usually go until the child is 5.   If Leah is missing too many that could jeopardize the "free" services Allie receives which is a big deal.  Two appointments probably wouldn't cause an issue but they very well may have signed a contract stating only so many "non-approved" missed appointments, school days, etc are allowed.  If Leah is getting Allie close to that number I think the school district would reach out to Corey to let him know since he very well might not.  I don't think any school district wants to kick a special needs child out but there are limited resources and if the parents aren't putting in the required effort they signed up for I could see where the district might draw the line.

!!!!!You made me remember something!!!  Leah has said on the show before that she has had to make Ali miss A LOT of days if school because she was hurting too badly.  If her schooling and her therapy are related somehow, could this be why?  Or am I not getting what you are saying?

• Love 3

Is there no one involved with this show that is a "reporter"?  I watch Dr. Phil on an occasional basis, and one thing he is very clear about with some of the deadbeat trash that comes on his show is that he is required by law to report anything that constitutes abuse or child endangerment.  I hope I get to read one day where Jace has gotten old enough to declare himself emancipated and runs, not walks, to a much better place.  I literally burst into tears when he was in the car, and started singing.  No way Barb should be raising one, let alone two, of her grandkids.  I just can't believe there is no sane person to step in and advocate for that little boy. 

We don't get to see much of Chelsea because, miraculously, she has managed to get her act together.  I love seeing her interact with Aubree - she manages to strike a balance between young adult and young parent.  Even though she has always been flaky/ditzy, she is totally in love with that little girl, and when she finally realized what a dumbass Adumb was, she rose above it all.  We also got to see pop-up Rita this week - didn't know she allowed herself to be on film, but I was so happy to see that she supports her (step) granddaughter as well.  Seems like Randy's riding things out with Chelsea has really paid off.  

At first I thought that Kailyn and Javi had to take their vacation according to his military calendar, but then I read where it was tied to some Scentsy promo, so I just don't know what to think about that.  I still have a feeling that part of that sl/drama was contrived - didn't seem to me that any of them was overly invested in it.  I do think they have all made a massive effort to establish a truce and focus on the kids, finally.

Leah/Jeremy/Corey is just one fuster cluck I can live without.  Watching them, with all their baggage, trying to parent 3 kids, with all their dynamic due to Ali's situation, is just exhausting.   I think Corey is afraid that Ali will become the diagnosis/label, but most times, the diagnosis has to be made so people can access the proper services.  It's called iatrogenic labeling, and while I would not expect any of them to have a clue, I do so wish all or any of them could successfully string a few words together to make a cohesive sentence.  None of them seems to be able to express their concerns or opinion so that anyone else can understand.  In my family, we would say Leah talks until she says something.  I find it telling that I frequently have to turn on CC just so I can get what they're saying.

First time poster, long time viewer.   I'm shocked no one has mentioned Leah wanting to take away Corey's parental right to make medical decisions.   That is huge.   To request the courts to take away any parental rights of an father that is actively involved in the lives of his children is huge.   I found that one of the most shocking things Leah has done.   I expect all these Moms and Dads to disagree over money and visitation.  That's normal, that happens to all (or pretty much all) co-parents.  But to ask the courts to strip away a major parental right is shocking to me, especially from a dad like Corey.  

Edited by boxerlove
  • Love 3

I was struck by how nice the girlses looked during the exchange.  After being with Corey and Miranda, their hair was fixed and they were wearing clean, cute outfits.  I noticed the same thing when they took them to the zoo.  Aleeah was even eating a banana when they were in the car.  When the girlses are with Leah their hair is never combed, they look messy, and I don't recall ever seeing them eating fruit or veggies.   Leah can't use the excuse that she doesn't have the time to do three girls' hair because Addie doesn't have any.  I'd love to see Corey and Miranda get full custody of the girlses or at least official shared custody.  I think they'd have a much better life.

• Love 2

They already have official shared custody.

I didn't realize that because Leah says one thing and Corey says another.  That's good to know.  They more time they spend away from Leah the better off I think they are.

• Love 1

Finally got a chance to watch this episode today...

Kail, the pig with benefits, is back to normal. The whole guilt-trip thing about "he loves the beach and won't get to go to the beach if he isn't on the family vacation," was nothing short of disgusting. Her approach going in should have been "I know it's your day, but we were offered this opportunity to take a vacation during this time. Would it be okay if Isaac comes with us?" She should have gone in knowing and fully accepting that Jo would very likely say no because it's Father's Day and she should not have had any anger about it. That she went in acting all put upon as if Jo is doing this to her out of spite makes me so happy Jo said no. If he backs down, he's an asshole. Um, Jo can take him to the beach and everywhere else, so shut the fuck up, Kail. The conversation with Javi was ridiculous. Javi thinks everything is Jo's way. Hello? It's in the court ordered visitation that Jo gets Isaac on Father's Day. Jo made it clear that he specifically wanted that in the arrangement and they both signed off on it, so what was Javi doing saying that Kail caves to Jo or says Yes to everything? It's court ordered you moron. That Kail did not say that to him during the conversation was foolish. 

I don't get all weepy and messy watching television. Ever. But hours after watching this episode I was so sad for Jace and could not get the picture of him crying while Barb essentially ignored him to take care of her own tears. He had a resolute look in the car and was singing so sadly that it was haunting. This should not be your life at 4-5 years old. It was seriously heartbreaking. CPS should be involved in this mess.

I have a very rough time garnering any sympathy for Jenelle. The crying in the car and "He's soooooooooo mean to meeeeeeeeeeeeeee" business has happened with every guy she's been with. If she stays with these people and views these fights as just occasional happenings and stays with them, there comes a time when you are an ass and it's on you. Jenelle has money from the show. She could move somewhere else and start fresh.

Chelsea is just blah. There's no story there. Aubree playing t-ball is a nice thing for her and I'm sure Chelsea is having a great time watching her play but this is just not television worthy to me. The way Aubree lights up when she sees Adam very obviously pisses Chelsea off. She wants Aubree to hate Adam and that's wrong. They seemed so desperate for stuff for Chelsea's segments that they put in a bit with Taylor because there's just nothing there. Adam's girlfriend looks like she's 40 years old and he just reeks of this skeeve vibe. 

Leah is just clueless. She overspends on stupid stuff and then when she's short on money, she takes it out on Cory. I don't like that he's in denial about Ali's condition and thinks that because she is able to run a bit when with him that the wheelchair is not a complete necessity, but I've never seen him shirk his responsibilities to the girls. Leah saying she's going to play hardball with him and doesn't care if he can't pay for his house or truck is too bad for him is just a bitch move. I cannot believe that a court hearing would not include their incomes and spending habits and take those into account. If they were, Leah should be tossed out on her ear.

Off to read the snark from the rest of you now!

Edited to add: Did anyone else get a vibe that the whole Jenelle telling Nathan that while Jace told Nathan he wanted to live with them, he later told Jenelle "I want to like with [barb] during the week and see you on weekends" was total bs? I thought Jenelle said that because it is "she" that does not want Jace there full time.

Edited by configdotsys
  • Love 4
I'm completely baffled on the insurance situation as well./

This is pure speculation, but my best guess is that Cory has much better insurance with a much higher premium. Maybe even one of those plans where you don't go from "single person" to "family" premiums, but pay more for each and every person listed.

Jermy probably has a lesser insurance with lower premiums and a higher deductible that costs the same whether your family size is 3 or 10.

In which case it makes perfect sense for Cory to carry Ali on his plan, and Jermy to carry the other girls on his.

I would also like to point out that a lot of times I don't delete the episode on my DVR until after I read the reviews and comments so I can go back and watch certain scenes again. After watching the episode last night and nearly crying when Jace sang his rainbow song and was clearly so upset over the yelling, I realized that I never wanted to see that again and deleted the episode immediately.

• Love 3

My grandson was very premature and had some speech delays and was getting speech therapy. It's easy enough to call and cancel an appointment if the kid is sick or something, no problem, it happens. When the insurance companies and school districts have a problem is no call-no show or a slew of missed appointments. They're paying for the therapist, so when the kid doesn't show with no notice that's an hour they have to pay for. Do it enough times and they'll drop you because you're costing them lots of money that could go to another kid who will actually use the services. So I call bullshit on Leah's excuse "It was only two times because she had a fever." She must have blown off a bunch of appointments with no notice to be threatened with Ali getting dropped from services.

• Love 4