Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E25: Summer Daze, Summertime Sadness

JerseyGirl
  • Start Topic

Is Miranda actually a cop or is she just some kind of social worker? I've never really seen any evidence to her job at all. She just doesn't strike me as the cop type.

I just answered myself. Ugh I hate those dumb gossip sites though. It's amusing though that apparently you can go from PacSun cashier to police officer without much trouble. But even knowing that she is a cop, it still doesn't mean she strikes me as one. I just don't see that level of authority needed coming from her. But maybe she's different on the job, who knows? I doubt there's a whole lot of serious crime happening in bumfuck WV anyway.

Edited by fliptopbox
I'm completely baffled on the insurance situation as well./

This is pure speculation, but my best guess is that Cory has much better insurance with a much higher premium. Maybe even one of those plans where you don't go from "single person" to "family" premiums, but pay more for each and every person listed.

Jermy probably has a lesser insurance with lower premiums and a higher deductible that costs the same whether your family size is 3 or 10.

In which case it makes perfect sense for Cory to carry Ali on his plan, and Jermy to carry the other girls on his.

I would also like to point out that a lot of times I don't delete the episode on my DVR until after I read the reviews and comments so I can go back and watch certain scenes again. After watching the episode last night and nearly crying when Jace sang his rainbow song and was clearly so upset over the yelling, I realized that I never wanted to see that again and deleted the episode immediately.

Same here. It's still painful thinking about little Jace  so watching it again can only hurt more.

I have a very rough time garnering any sympathy for Jenelle. The crying in the car and "He's soooooooooo mean to meeeeeeeeeeeeeee" business has happened with every guy she's been with. If she stays with these people and views these fights as just occasional happenings and stays with them, there comes a time when you are an ass and it's on you. Jenelle has money from the show. She could move somewhere else and start fresh.

I don't have any sympathy for her either.   You know she talks a bunch of crap about how Barb stole Jace from her, Barb won't allow her to be a mother to Jace, etc.     Which couldn't be farther from the truth.  So Nathan throws taking Jace back out there (which is a horrible idea and I hope it never happens) and Jenelle doesn't want to.  They fight over that, then she runs to Barb crying about it but doesn't mention how the fight was over that, because Jenelle herself has accused Barb of taking Jace away from her as if it's not exactly what she asked for.   I'm definitely no fan of Nathan, I think he's horrible and Jace should be kept away from him, but he's saying those things because Jenelle has said them to play the victim and give herself a free pass for walking out on her kid and treating her mother who did her the favor of taking him like shit.  She doesn't even feel bad for treating Jace like a puppy that she lost interest in, she feels sorry for herself because of stuff like Nathan not helping with decorations.   So gross.

• Love 5

I just can't convey what was blazing through my soul watching those terrible people abuse that sweet little boy, and when he asked his mom if she'd like it if he helped with decorating and mumbled something back, I wanted hell to open up and take her to a forever and ever torture where she screams to make it stop, because that's what this dear little boy is going through, constant torture! Constant abuse, mentally and emotionally. When he sadly went to his own little comfort place and sang his rainbow song, (as I'm positive he,s sang thousands of times before), well people I lost it! Something needs to be done for that child, I don't know what but DAMN IT something needs to be done! And yes, where are those poor dogs since THAT mess was aired? And FUCK YOU MTV for standing by while this abuse is being taped. Does any one of you have any heart at all! Grow some balls assholes! I wouldn't care if I lost my job, I would of stepped in and, oooooGOD! All three of those assholes would of got a piece of me! Barb is a real POS also! That poor angel doesn't have a chance with those losers around him.

Edited by wrestlesflamingos
removed toxic word
  • Love 6

What really burns my toast? That Not a Dr Drew wont say shit, I mean really give it to these people about what their constant state of chaos and anger is doing to that little boy.  He'll say some fluffy words..."do you thank Barbara?  Barb say something nice about Janelle" bullshit  but he wont ever say  "You are killing that child's soul!"

If you have any credibility at all Drew, Stop this shit.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 9

Is Miranda actually a cop or is she just some kind of social worker? I've never really seen any evidence to her job at all. She just doesn't strike me as the cop type.

I just answered myself. Ugh I hate those dumb gossip sites though. It's amusing though that apparently you can go from PacSun cashier to police officer without much trouble. But even knowing that she is a cop, it still doesn't mean she strikes me as one. I just don't see that level of authority needed coming from her. But maybe she's different on the job, who knows? I doubt there's a whole lot of serious crime happening in bumfuck WV anyway.

Lol, Miranda is adorable, but somehow I just can't picture Malibu Barbie breaking up a bar fight.

I wonder what her educational background is because where I live you don't have a shot in hell at being accepted into the academy without military experience or a Bachelor's Degree, regardless of whether you're filling a quota or not.

Despite Adams messed up life and how Chelsea feels about him, the only thing she should be doing is being aware and keeping Aubrey safe when she's around Adam for visitation. Aubree has every right to know her dad now and through the years ahead whenever Adam decides to see her. Whether it frustrates Chelsea to the end of her rope all she should do is cooperate because it's all in the best interest of Aubree. It will be so important to Aubree as she gets older that she is able to form her own opinion of her dad and that she be able to set her own boundaries as to how much of a relationship she wants to have with him, and it will only be a few more years before she starts to put together a pattern of when he's around for her to depend on. My daughter just started college so I just went through exactly what Chelsea's about to go through except my ex-husbands mistress is alcohol so he definitely made that a priority through the years. We split when she was five but even to this day my daughters eyes light up like Aubree's every single time she talks about her dad or he pays attention to her, my son too even though he's got a much bigger wall up. I don't get it because to me he's a deadbeat dad, but to them he's daddy, no matter what and I'm so glad I took the high road and let them see for themselves what he's all about. Even more important my daughter is going through some medical issues and it really helps to have some sort of relationship with her dad's side of the family for medical history information.  I really, really hope that Chelsea does the same thing.

• Love 5

First time poster, long time viewer.   I'm shocked no one has mentioned Leah wanting to take away Corey's parental right to make medical decisions.   That is huge.   To request the courts to take away any parental rights of an father that is actively involved in the lives of his children is huge.   I found that one of the most shocking things Leah has done.   I expect all these Moms and Dads to disagree over money and visitation.  That's normal, that happens to all (or pretty much all) co-parents.  But to ask the courts to strip away a major parental right is shocking to me, especially from a dad like Corey.

::::raising hand :::: I did. And I totally agree with you. Very ballsy move and I donot mean that in a good way!

I think mtv should offer Barbara help in the form of parenting classes as we'll as some kind of babysitting help, not to mention therapy for Jace. They're capitalizing off of this poor kid's life. I think since we only see Barbara's life with Janelle, it's easy to forget she's got 2 other kids who are a mess, and she tries to do what she can for them as well. That woman has been at the end of her rope for years. If I could adopt Jace I would. Between my husband, me, and my 22 and 21 year old kids, Jace would get so much attention he wouldn't know how to act!

To qualify as a police officer candidate for the Los Angeles Police Academy, one only has to be 21 years of age and have a diploma or GED. Why would a smaller town require a full four year education when a huge city doesn't? I decided to Google and apparently all that is required to be a police officer in Mason County is the same requirement that Los Angeles requires. They also offer the same incentives such as a pay raise if one is bilingual, and acquiring a two year or four year college degree.

I have a cousin who is a police officer and she was a former beauty queen for our city and went on to the state pageant level. She also speaks three languages and acquired a four year degree after she became a police officer. She has gotten that look from people when she let it be known she was a police officer. They have a hard time believing her because of her size and beauty.  There are plenty of officers that I see who don't "look" like cops. How exactly is a law enforcement official supposed to look like? Male? Or close to looking like a male?

The way Aubree lights up when she sees Adam very obviously pisses Chelsea off. She wants Aubree to hate Adam and that's wrong.

I don't see that happening. Not at all. If anything, I see Chelsea getting upset that Adam has to bring around his newest piece of meat around to his daughter's game. Chelsea has made it clear, and she seems to mention that in next week's episode, how it is upsetting to see the new sex partner taking photos with Aubree. There is no reason whatsoever to have Aubree meet every single girl Adam is banging. None! If he wants to have all of these girlfriends, by all means go for it dude, but don't involve your daughter in that mess. I get a skeevy feeling just knowing that poor Aubree has no choice in the matter.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 4

It's the Adam taint. The girls he dates are gross because of his association with them. If Chelsea was letting Aubree take pictures with her BFF's of the week, it would seem innocent. It all tracks back to the idea that seeing Adam with Aubree is uncomfortable because we know him to be a douche.

• Love 1
The way Aubree lights up when she sees Adam very obviously pisses Chelsea off. She wants Aubree to hate Adam and that's wrong.

I don't think it necessarily upsets her in the sense of - "I hate him and you should hate him too". I just think she knows what a flake Adumb is. She totally has his number. He has a new girl and he wants to A. Show her off to everyone and B. Show off to the new girl what an amazing, devoted dad he is. Chelsea knows he is using his daughter, knows that he bails on her all the time, and knows that he's probably going to eventually break her heart. So I think it pains her to see her daughter light up so much like that, because she knows what lies ahead. 

• Love 12
http://on.mtv.com/1wgVVJx

Sneak Peak Video:  Corey and Miranda hash out their co-parenting beef with Leah and Jeremy.

I like that Corey mentions how he hates when he and Leah fight during drop-offs. At least he is aware of that and knows it's not a good thing to be subjecting their girlses to. Has Leah ever said anything? Not that I can recall. She seems too intent on bashing him. You know, she just really pisses me off. Corey is a damn good dad. He was a good husband too. He put up with a lot from her. But it's one thing to talk crap about him as a husband, and another to question his fathering. He has been there from day one. They split up fairly early on, and he was still there every weekend - taking TWIN babies in his truck, back to his place to care for them and spend time with them. I realize that's what every father should do. But the fact of the matter is that young/teen fathers are known for bailing. They don't have the maturity to deal with the situation, and it's a lot easier for them to just step out instead of stepping up. Most of the guys on this series have. Or they stay with the girl, but are worthless slugs who lay around while she does most of the heavy lifting. For a girl who made a mistake in having unprotected teen sex, she sure lucked out in the baby daddy department. She really should be thankful she doesn't have an Andrew or an Adumb, or the whole host of other unwashed losers we saw on the most recent 16 & Pregnant. 

• Love 8
Here's a cute video, Barb and Jace helping each other decorate for Janelle's baby shower.  She asks Jace if he likes Nathan and he says, "NO!  He's mean!"

http://on.mtv.com/1wgWbbl

Barb could be Jenelle's twin in that scene. The way she was stomping around, bitching and moaning about all the thing she had to do "by myself", reminded me very much of Jenelle trying to clean up after the dogs. Like mother like daughter. Hey, I am not saying that Barb isn't overwhelmed and exhausted with all that she does. But having a little pity party isn't going to make it better, and it would be nice if either one of them could focus on Jace first, instead of themselves. What a sweetie he was, helping out in that scene! You can totally tell that all he wants is to be included and validated. I did appreciate that Barb told him he was a "good boy" for all of his help. Too bad those moments are likely few and far between. 

• Love 2

First time commenter and previous TWOP member, here.

Leah - Ew. She used to be my favorite of the Teen Mom 2 girls, but I'm beginning to despise her. I completely agree with whoever said she looks drugged out of her mind. Not sure if it's the anxiety pills she was taking, or something else, but that girl needs to get herself together.

Jenelle - It can't be said enough how awful Jace's life is, so I'm not even going to go there. But Jenelle...you'd think at some point people would get exhausted with having so much drama in their lives. I know I sure as hell couldn't handle it. But I don't think she'd know what to do with herself without it. Jenelle actually reminds me so much of one of my childhood best friends, in appearance, personality and even the way her mind works. This friend always had drama in her life, which to be fair, when she was young had to do with her messed up home situation. Just like Barb, her parents screamed at her and fought with her about everything but had no follow-through. Just like I imagine with Jenelle, my friend's parents lost control of her completely once she became a teenager. Just like Jenelle, this girl is smart as a whip and self-aware and manipulative, and could be well-spoken and put together when she needed to be. But she never was able to channel any of that into anything good, and she ended up down the same path with drugs and partying. Thank god she never had a kid.

Kail - Eh. I think she was within reason to ask Jo about the vacation, and he was within his rights to refuse. I don't see the drama in this situation. They both handled it pretty well to be honest. Kail will get over it, Isaac won't be traumatized and they'll surely take plenty more family vacations. Jo doting on Lincoln and saying Kail should let them babysit sometime was adorable though. I'm not crazy about Jo, and the mental picture I got when Vee made a joke about him eating out of her box will haunt me for life, but he can sweet sometimes.

Chelsea - I think out of all the moms, I like Chelsea the most at this point. All of my gripes about her are minor, from her baby-talk to her choice of wardrobe and hair. She is hands down one of the best mom's I think the franchise has ever seen. You can just tell her world begins and ends with Aubree and she'd walk through fire for that little girl, and to me that's what motherhood is about. And I have to disagree too that her segments are boring. Her parts are a breath of fresh air to me.

• Love 7

I like how Leah was crying about how Cory always "throws her under the bus".   She cheated on him multiple times, played games, plays the victim, she's harping and nagging about something that is out of his hands at this point since the insurance company is making their decision, trying to make him out to be a deadbeat when he has the kids Friday thru Monday, etc.   She's been acting like she's the only one who has Ali's issues on her mind this whole season, when if you look at it Cory is doing more than her.   He's paying for the insurance, he submitted whatever they needed, he has Ali four days out of the week.    While Leah apparently has managed to miss so many therapy appointments that they notified Cory of her being at risk of being dropped from the program.   Of course she's overwhelmed, it's understandable, but blaming Cory for everything isn't the answer.   

• Love 7

I am by no means excusing Barb for the yelling and some of the inappropriate things she says, but I'm not sure that all of these scenes MTV is showing are indicative of her relationship with Jace or daily life together, in large part because of how much he loves her and how he was crawling into her arms a few episodes or two ago. He knows she loves him to bits and he loves her, too. As Nathan acknowledged, when he's sick or sad it's Barb that he wants. Why the fuck he's pushing for custody sure beats my brain. I'm glad Jenelle said to him, worry about  your daughter and I'll worry about my son.

She is totally overwhelmed and no longer has Mike to help, plus seems to spend a lot of time caring for that other little boy, Gabriel. Jace also can for whatever reason be a handful. He's a boy and boys do fucked up stuff just because and he also tests Barb a lot. The hitting kids at school is troublesome, though, but as I've said before, hopefully once he starts kindergarten the school will be able to provide some resources for Jace and Barb.

They were cute together in the getting ready for the shower video, but when we see the whole thing she probably started yelling at him two seconds after deeming him her best friend when she looked down and saw he'd climbed up that ladder she's standing on to put up the decorations.

I also thought it was interesting that Jace said he doesn't like Nathan because he's mean, but acknowledged that he's not mean to him. He's sort of a good judge of character. And when stupid Jenelle was wailing in the car over that horrible man, Jace told it like it is: it's your choice.

I totally agree that she needs a much bigger support system and life's not easy for Jace, but it makes me sad when I read everyone condemning him to a life of crime and misdemeanors. 

I really do wish the best for him and I know he's having a tough time, but I choose to have hope for him.

• Love 11

Despite Adams messed up life and how Chelsea feels about him, the only thing she should be doing is being aware and keeping Aubrey safe when she's around Adam for visitation. Aubree has every right to know her dad now and through the years ahead whenever Adam decides to see her. Whether it frustrates Chelsea to the end of her rope all she should do is cooperate because it's all in the best interest of Aubree. It will be so important to Aubree as she gets older that she is able to form her own opinion of her dad and that she be able to set her own boundaries as to how much of a relationship she wants to have with him, and it will only be a few more years before she starts to put together a pattern of when he's around for her to depend on. My daughter just started college so I just went through exactly what Chelsea's about to go through except my ex-husbands mistress is alcohol so he definitely made that a priority through the years. We split when she was five but even to this day my daughters eyes light up like Aubree's every single time she talks about her dad or he pays attention to her, my son too even though he's got a much bigger wall up. I don't get it because to me he's a deadbeat dad, but to them he's daddy, no matter what and I'm so glad I took the high road and let them see for themselves what he's all about. Even more important my daughter is going through some medical issues and it really helps to have some sort of relationship with her dad's side of the family for medical history information.  I really, really hope that Chelsea does the same thing.

My father was the greatest man ever.....when he was sober.  But when he was drunk - and in my childhood memories he was drunk a LOT, he was angry and abusive, especially toward my mother.  When Mom passed away in June, the things me and my 4 siblings remembered most fondly about her was how she never spoke bad about our father and never kept us from seeing him.  He was only in and out of our lives on occasion, and because Mom allowed us to see him, we had some good memories of him (he died when I was 13). If anyone had an absolute right to be angry and accusatory, it was my Mom.  But because she wasn't, we were able to have good memories not only of our dad but respect for her as well.

• Love 8
I like that Corey mentions how he hates when he and Leah fight during drop-offs. At least he is aware of that and knows it's not a good thing to be subjecting their girlses to. Has Leah ever said anything? Not that I can recall. She seems too intent on bashing him. You know, she just really pisses me off. Corey is a damn good dad. He was a good husband too. He put up with a lot from her. But it's one thing to talk crap about him as a husband, and another to question his fathering. He has been there from day one. They split up fairly early on, and he was still there every weekend - taking TWIN babies in his truck, back to his place to care for them and spend time with them. I realize that's what every father should do. But the fact of the matter is that young/teen fathers are known for bailing. They don't have the maturity to deal with the situation, and it's a lot easier for them to just step out instead of stepping up. Most of the guys on this series have. Or they stay with the girl, but are worthless slugs who lay around while she does most of the heavy lifting. For a girl who made a mistake in having unprotected teen sex, she sure lucked out in the baby daddy department. She really should be thankful she doesn't have an Andrew or an Adumb, or the whole host of other unwashed losers we saw on the most recent 16 & Pregnant.

I agree, ghoulina.  I think the dumbest thing Leah has done thus far is to let that man out of her life.  She had a rarity on this show--a young man who actually tried to do right by his children.  He loved Leah, and I actually believe that Leah still loves him.  If it weren't for Miranda and Jeremy, I think they could have a shot at a good life together, especially with some counseling. (Not necessarily marriage counseling--I think Leah has issues she needs to work out.)  By the way, what was the deal with Leah saying "Corey Tyler!"  That really sealed for me the fact that Leah has feelings for him.  I think Jeremy knows this as well.  I'm sure Miranda thought was an intimate response to Corey.  It was then that she made her comment about the four of them not having to be best friends, yada yada yada. 

• Love 3

Jeremy can shut up, so Corey is a bad dad because he asks for extra time with the girls when he has events etc that he wants to take them to, yet you are a great dad when the limited time you are home from your job your mother has your daughter so you can bitch about how bad a dad Corey is WT.

On the page that flashed on screen with the Leah/Corey situation it said Leah wants it court ordered that Cory must follow all instructions provided by medical doctors. Again WT yes Corey is reluctant to use the wheelchair but from what I have seen he is not beating Ali up and making her suffer, at the zoo they hired a pram, you see him and Miranda carrying Ali at times. The girls are well feed, clean and loved and both Jeremy and Leah are bitching about him not looking after the girls.

Javi can also shut up, it is not one day you are taking away from Joe the vacation is a week idiot.

Jace is just too sad to comment on, that poor child.

By the way, what was the deal with Leah saying "Corey Tyler!"  That really sealed for me the fact that Leah has feelings for him.  I think Jeremy knows this as well.  I'm sure Miranda thought was an intimate response to Corey.

Yes! I noticed that as well. She seems to think she still has some kind of hold on him. 

I am by no means excusing Barb for the yelling and some of the inappropriate things she says, but I'm not sure that all of these scenes MTV is showing are indicative of her relationship with Jace or daily life together, in large part because of how much he loves her and how he was crawling into her arms a few episodes or two ago.

Abused and neglected children very often love and seek approval/comfort from the person inflicting pain on them. I don't think Barb is intentionally abusive, but I absolutely think the child's emotional needs are being neglected. And threatening to send him to live elsewhere if he doesn't behave is abusive, IMO. No, we don't see everything, but given how Jenelle turned out, I have no doubt it's a pretty accurate depiction of Jace's daily life. 

• Love 2

I'd rather have a beach vacation than an afternoon family BBQ, particularly when that BBQ really can be any day Jo has him. Just sayin'.

Not discounting custody arrangements but it sucks for the kid when his parents can't be reasonable adults. In this, I mostly blame Kail. I think Jo is so used to dealing with her that he rightfully distrusts her but, at least short-term, his kid (I'm not talking about Kail) is missing out on an opportunity.

With all due respect, I'm going to take exception to this statement.

It could be a huge get-together for the Rivera side of the family, with extended family members that aren't seen much throughout the year.  Relatives that don't get to see Isaac much.  So, I can't in all honesty say it's an event that could be replicated at any other time Jo has Isaac.  It's possible some of the BBQ attendees made special arrangements to be that on Father's Day weekend.

One look at Facebook newsfeeds will demonstrate what tremendously popular weekends both Mother's Day and Father's Day are and how highly celebrated.  Being a staunch participator in both myself, I can't in all honesty just write them off as a "Hallmark holiday."  They've been celebrated holidays for decades and decades.  

Jo is very much a hands-on parent.  It's not as if he's just trying to put on a fuck-and-awe show for his friends and family about his son (a la something Adam would do with Aubree).  It falls during his court-appointed visitation time and, well...It's Father's Day, not Kid's Day, so it's Jo's day and he wants to celebrate with his son.

Unless it turns out to be some run-of-the-mill BBQ at the park with Jo, Vee and Isaac the only attendees, I'm giving the benefit of the doubt (as did the court) about Isaac being with his dad on Father's Day.

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 6

I think she called him Cory Tyler like a mother would when she's scolding a child, using the first and middle names.   She is hellbent on making Corey seem like a dumbass when she's the one who has made a bunch of piss poor decisions time after time.    She cheated on Corey, jumped the gun in filing for divorce, then when Corey wouldn't commit right away again she jumps right in with Jeremy and gets pregnant on purpose.  Twice.   Now she's making more poor decisions with money, ragging on Jeremy, causing problems with co parenting, etc.   Corey has basically acted normal and seems rational since they have been on the show.

It could be a huge get-together for the Rivera side of the family, with extended family members that aren't seen much throughout the year.  Relatives that don't get to see Isaac much.  So, I can't in all honesty say it's an event that could be replicated at any other time Jo has Isaac.  It's possible some of the BBQ attendees made special arrangements to be that on Father's Day weekend.

I agree with you.   Even if it's not a huge get together, it's making father's day memories for Jo and his son. He has every right to want to have the tradition of spending father's day with Isaac.   Javi is a total asshole for acting like Jo has no right refuse giving up the time he fought for in court, and that Jo's time should revolve around Kail and Javi's  family plans.  He looks ridiculous arguing that Kail should "fight" more to keep Isaac away from Jo and turn Jo down when he wants Isaac.  He thinks he's the true father figure to Isaac which is just some smoke that Kail blew up his ass.   All they want to do is go on about how much more Isaac seems to like Javi, the bond they have, etc.   When Isaac looks miserable and is constantly acting out ever since Kail thought it would be a great idea to move him 3 hours away.   

Edited by Lexie
  • Love 4

I think she called him Cory Tyler like a mother would when she's scolding a child, using the first and middle names.   She is hellbent on making Corey seem like a dumbass when she's the one who has made a bunch of piss poor decisions time after time.    She cheated on Corey, jumped the gun in filing for divorce, then when Corey wouldn't commit right away again she jumps right in with Jeremy and gets pregnant on purpose.  Twice.   Now she's making more poor decisions with money, ragging on Jeremy, causing problems with co parenting, etc.   Corey has basically acted normal and seems rational since they have been on the show.

When you list it all out there like that... wow.  Leah kinda is one messed of B.

And yeah, from the start Chelsea was actually the Mom I liked the least (other than Jenelle, who is in a category all her own) but she's starting to grow on me.  I don't dislike Kail though, like most of you do.  Don't kill me.  So for me, on the likeability/responsibility scale, Kailyn/Chelsea are pretty much even (because both have their faults) and then Leah and Jenelle.

And for whomever up there wrote out all of Jenelle's boyfriends/pieces of tail, etc.  Its pretty sad to say that Kiefer treated her the best out of all of them (I'm not saying he treated her WELL, just the best).  I find it sad, really, that these guys are so darn important to her.  She needs to go at least a couple of years without a significant other and work on herself, but that she will never do.

• Love 3

It could be a huge get-together for the Rivera side of the family, with extended family members that aren't seen much throughout the year. Relatives that don't get to see Isaac much. So, I can't in all honesty say it's an event that could be replicated at any other time Jo has Isaac. It's possible some of the BBQ attendees made special arrangements to be that on Father's Day weekend.

That is not the impression I got. Jo alluded to it not even being planned yet and thought he and Vee could host it. Suggested they have it at his house and I think he mentioned spending it with his dad, not his entire extended family. Honestly, in my world it would be no big deal. I would rather my kid have a good time at the beach and I got together with my dad and son some other weekend. Much has been made about how close Isaac is to Jo's parents so I do not think seeing his grandfather is a rare occurrence . YMMV. I have nephews who grew up out of state and Christmas was often December 27 or 28. We all survived that just fine and made "Christmas memories." Edited by lilmarysunshine

So, here is what Leah posted today on facebook:

I am writing to update my fans on last night's episode, 9/10/14. I am admitting that I shouldn't have been using bad language in front of my children. It was in the heat of the moment and It was a scene where you only saw certain parts of the filming! As for the child support issue, He was ordered, by the State of WV, the $1200 a month in child support. I wanted to work with him and was willing to accept $800 a month. Approximately 6 months after that he wasn't paying his half of the medical bills, to which all of them were in my name and I was getting collection letters. I agreed to lower his payments to $200 a month so we could pay off the medical bills. This agreement lasted for a year and they never were paid. This is when we went back to court, to get the bills paid and out of collections! Also, to restore my credit. Keep watching the show for more details about the wheelchair. The truth will reveal itself in time!! Remember what you see on TV is only 1/3 of what is actually going on!! Thank you for your support, I love each and everyone of you!

I notice she doesn't address missing therapy.  She was once one of my favorites and now I can't stand her!

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 1

I don't think Barb is intentionally abusive, but I absolutely think the child's emotional needs are being neglected. And threatening to send him to live elsewhere if he doesn't behave is abusive, IMO. 

I agree. Jace has that look of resignation you see in so many kids from dysfunctional/abusive backgrounds. It's like he's given up hope that things will get better and just lives in survival mode. There is literally not one stable, emotionally healthy adult in his life. 

Mkay, thanks for that update! Wow, $1200/mo seems kind of steep considering Cory practically has 50/50 custody of the girls. Leah mentions paying "his half of the medical bills." Does that mean she was supposed to pay the other half? If she was paying, why were the bills in collections? Color me confused.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 2

Leah seems hellbent on making Corey out to be a terrible dad, and in doing so is making an ass out of herself. My husband's ex tries to pull that shit all the time, dragging us back to court over ridiculous trivial bs. She never succeeds in doing anything other than costing us a ton in attorney's fees. I imagine Leah will find herself up the creek without a paddle accusing Corey of being a deadbeat dad. I am lucky that I have a great relationship with my kid's dad, and my husband has a great relationship with him too. It is not easy, especially when you are trying to do the right thing (Corey) and the other parent (Leah), is batshit crazy. You can't spend 3000.00 on Mary Kay and then bitch about child support. You can't say that your baby daddy is a piece of shit when we can all clearly see that he is not. Arrrrgh!

So, here is what Leah posted today on facebook:

I am writing to update my fans on last night's episode, 9/10/14. I am admitting that I shouldn't have been using bad language in front of my children. It was in the heat of the moment and It was a scene where you only saw certain parts of the filming! As for the child support issue, He was ordered, by the State of WV, the $1200 a month in child support. I wanted to work with him and was willing to accept $800 a month. Approximately 6 months after that he wasn't paying his half of the medical bills, to which all of them were in my name and I was getting collection letters. I agreed to lower his payments to $200 a month so we could pay off the medical bills. This agreement lasted for a year and they never were paid. This is when we went back to court, to get the bills paid and out of collections! Also, to restore my credit. Keep watching the show for more details about the wheelchair. The truth will reveal itself in time!! Remember what you see on TV is only 1/3 of what is actually going on!! Thank you for your support, I love each and everyone of you!

I notice she doesn't address missing therapy.  She was once one of my favorites and now I can't stand her!

And seriously, missing those sessions is a very big deal.

There are lists of kids needing to get into programs and, with a lot of them, if you miss 3 appointments for other than a hospitalization, they will cancel you out and give your opening to the next child on the list.

I did hear her saying something about having a doctor's appointment that conflicted with one of the missed therapy sessions; however, all of Ali's therapy sessions should be prescheduled in a manner in which Leah would be able to schedule other appointments around that time, unless it was an emergency visit to the doctor that was unavoidable.

She really needs to make getting to those therapy sessions a priority, even if it means recruiting grandparents, Miranda, Corey, or whoever else is available to either sit with the other kids so she can take Ali herself or have one of them take Ali while she stays with the kids.  If Ali gets booted from that therapy class for missing too many appointments, it could be a lengthy wait to get her back into one.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 1
Mkay, thanks for that update! Wow, $1200/mo seems kind of steep considering Cory practically has 50/50 custody of the girls. Leah mentions paying "his half of the medical bills." Does that mean she was supposed to pay the other half? If she was paying, why were the bills in collections? Color me confused.

I'm pretty sure I heard Leah say Corey is supposed to pay 60%.   I'm guessing that is 60% of copays?  

I don't think he is supposed to have the girls four days out of the week.   I think that he probably was supposed to have them every other weekend or whatever, and pay the 1200 and then they decided between themselves to lower the support and give Corey more time.   I could be wrong tho.  

You're Welcome. :) Remember a few episodes ago Corey's dad took Ali to her appt?  Leah has help, she is just lazy! And yep, she says Cory was supposed to be paying half of the medical bills, why wasn't she paying her half? Instead of the makeup, the fancy washer/dryer, vacations, conventions, purses, nails, and hair appts, she could have applied all of that to medical bills. She got so aggravated at Cory because she had been caught!  So she flipped out on him.  

Her chewing in the car, oh my gosh!  She definitely looked high while sitting in the bed with Cory.

(Sorry I spell his name Cory, it's how my husband spells his own name and it's a habit.)

Edited by Mkay

I notice that the husbands like to talk tough when they're out of earshot of the ex's. Germy didn't say a mumbling word while he was in that parking lot with Corey. Javi never has anything to say either, but as soon as they are out of ear shot and punching distance, there they go lips a-flapping.

Corey would beat the bag out of Germy and he knows it, so it's safest to talk tough behind closed doors where it's safe. Military or not, Jo would stomp all over Javi. He's already getting lumps from Kail and he knows Jo would shut him up too.

If you feel that strongly, tell them to their faces. Tell Corey his a "piece of shit" to his face. Tell Jo he's a deadbeat to his face. Impress me by acting like catty chickenshit mean girls. If that's how you truly feel and you're not just trying to look tough in front of your ladies and the camera crew.

But really Jo...maybe back away from the table a bit. Looking kinda chunky there.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 5
Her chewing in the car, oh my gosh!  She definitely looked high while sitting in the bed with Cory.

Leah wishes she was in bed with Cory. Jeremy is her husband.

Maybe the medical bills went to collections because both parties agreed to pay a total amount, but if Cory did not pay his portion, it wouldn't matter if Leah paid her portion, it doesn't fulfill the agreed upon amount. I really hated posting that because it reads as if I believe Leah's version of the events, which I don't. Just trying to point out how a bill can go to collections. If a party promises to pay $200 a month towards a bill, but only $100 ends up being paid, that is not per the agreement and it can proceed to collections.

I am wondering why with all the shit Leah bought, and going back to that one comment by Jeremy who said $100k was spent in one year - sounds like Jeremy is blaming Leah for that - why are medical bills and taxes not being paid? Leah mentioned a $20lk bill. So, why then is $3k being spent for a washer and dryer? Why is almost $2k being spent on cosmetics? Rather than buy little sister a car, how about putting that $12k towards bills and taxes instead of buying someone a car? Really? Now, they bring in a horse. How is that being cared for? Who is paying for the care of that animal? Isn't that money that could be going towards the bills?  What am I missing here?

• Love 3

Leah wishes she was in bed with Cory. Jeremy is her husband.

Oops.  Mistake on my part.  Cory is my husbands name. So I still had Cory on the brain.

Edited by Mkay

Guys, Javi doesn't REALLY think Jo is a bad father. Same with Jeremy/ Corey. See, Javi and Jeremy are the Gretchen Weiners to Kail/ Leah's Regina George. The husbands are playing along to achieve marriage harmony. It's one thing these marriages have going for them, bonding over complaining about the exes.

I don't understand what Leah means about the bills being in her name?? Isn't it through Corey's insurance?

Barb scares the hell out of me, and I'm 41 years old. I'd be crying too.

Guys, Javi doesn't REALLY think Jo is a bad father. Same with Jeremy/ Corey. See, Javi and Jeremy are the Gretchen Weiners to Kail/ Leah's Regina George. The husbands are playing along to achieve marriage harmony. It's one thing these marriages have going for them, bonding over complaining about the exes.

I don't understand what Leah means about the bills being in her name?? Isn't it through Corey's insurance?

Barb scares the hell out of me, and I'm 41 years old. I'd be crying too.

Seems the "responsible party" is usually the guy with the insurance.

I'm pretty sure I heard Leah say Corey is supposed to pay 60%.   I'm guessing that is 60% of copays?  

I don't think he is supposed to have the girls four days out of the week.   I think that he probably was supposed to have them every other weekend or whatever, and pay the 1200 and then they decided between themselves to lower the support and give Corey more time.   I could be wrong tho.

Friday to Monday could mean Friday night to Monday morning. So that really is like 2.5 days.
  • Love 1

"The horror with the whole Jace matter...words just fail. I wish I could post here the anger that built up inside of me last night. I am now real sad. I am an adult and I could not handle what I was watching. I cannot imagine how that child felt. My heart is filled with so much pity, and if there was ever a time I wanted to hit someone, it was last night. Except, I wanted to smack three people - Nathan, Barb and Jenelle."

Seriously. That scene with Jace trying *so* to cheer his mom up, while she acts like a psycho, and then his small, sad, thin voice singing the rainbow song...I just can't. I honestly don't think I can watch this show anymore...I mean we are watching a child be abused and neglected...

• Love 3

I just can't get Leah's numbers to make sense. WV uses both parents incomes when calculating child support. From the chart, if their combined income was $15000 a month and 7500 of that came from Cory, he'd still only pay less than $1000. It would be less if he has the girls more than 35% of the time. He should also get credit for the insurance. He must be making much more than Leah if he has to pay the insurance, $1200 child support, AND 60% of the unpaid medical bills.

I don't think its AND regarding the support and 60% of medical. I think Leah asked him to cover the medical bills instead of the support. It's possible since Leah isn't a full time worker, she's a contact worker with fixed periods or work, that her income wasn't fully counted. I don't know about these things though.

Add me to the group who thinks Mother's/Father's Day is more of a Hallmark holiday. It's just not a big deal in my family. The kind of family party Jo seemed to be talking about was a normal, run of the mill backyard BBQ, not something that could only be done on that specific weekend. Also, it's not like Kail was deliberately trying to screw Jo over with asking about taking Isaac along to the Bahamas. It's a family vacation, of course she's going to want Isaac to be with them. She's not trying to screw him out of Father's Day "just cuz". It's a legit trip.

• Love 1

We celebrated both days in a grand way. There was even a Children's Day which included speeches and gifts at church when I was growing up in the fifties. I think, and could be wrong, that Hallmark merely cashed in on something that was already established within certain communities. 

My cousins and I really enjoyed taking our parents to the fanciest or most interesting restaurant we could. But my son started his own tradition. One year he couldn't even afford a card so he went to the 99 cent store and got me the silliest thing they sold. It was a pen in a holder and the holder was two feet on a rock. It was a ridiculous concept and both of us loved it. So, for every special occasion I totally look forward to seeing what my gift will be. 

• Love 3

What we think is a big deal or not, is not how other people feel. What days we feel are special or not, doesn't matter to Jo.  If Jo wants to spend his Father's Day with Isaac at the park, that is his choice and that may be a special day to him as a father. If he chooses to spend it at the beach, again, that is his choice. If it is a barbecue, that's fine too. If Jo wants to take Isaac to some vacation spot during his six weeks visitation, even better. If Jo doesn't do anything at all with Isaac during that time, that is his choice as the parent who has him for that assigned time. If one doesn't care for those holidays, great. More power to you. But, it is clear it is a big deal to Jo and that is all that matters.  There is more to Isaac just being at a barbecue. He is spending time with his father, something Jo fought long and hard for. Isaac will have great memories.

Having lost both my parents, I really cherish my memories of spending Mother's Day at the beach or Father's Day at our home barbecuing. I would never see it as "just a barbecue".  I am glad to have had both parents under the same roof. I feel for Isaac, but I know things will be great for him as he has two outstanding parents who are doing the best they can.

I bet Jace would love to be at a family barbecue on Father's Day with a man who loved him as much as Javi and Jo love Isaac.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 8

I can see both sides of the Jo/Kail issue. If Kail has the opportunity to take her family on a really cool trip, of course she's going to want to include Isaac. On the flip side, Jo only has Isaac for a very limited time, and that is likely to be cut even shorter once Isaac starts kindergarten. He can't be blamed for wanting to maximize his time with his son. The fact that Jo specifically requested Father's Day in the custody agreement indicates it's a meaningful holiday for him. Sure you can argue he could have celebrated early, but you can also argue that Isaac will have plenty of opportunities to go to the beach when he's not on Jo's time. Neither parent is necessarily wrong or right.

• Love 9

"The big douchy guy in the bro tank with his porn star girlfriend" HAHAHAHA! I'm dying! You win Chelsea! You win! Also loved her and her friend taking bets on when he knocks up the new girl. Honestly Adam, in 4 years you've gotten two women pregnant and found a new girlfriend? Damn, I haven't even been on a date yet this year.

Janelle's family is so screwed up. I can't believe how determined these people are to scream at each other while they ignore Jace crying.

• Love 1
The fact that Jo specifically requested Father's Day in the custody agreement indicates it's a meaningful holiday for him. Sure you can argue he could have celebrated early, but you can also argue that Isaac will have plenty of opportunities to go to the beach when he's not on Jo's time.

I agree with this. If Jo wanted it in the custody agreement, whether Javi likes it or not, it was a big enough deal for Jo to make it legally his time.  And I say Javi because he was the one in the episode continuing to complain after Jo said no. Also, I'm sure the trip Kail wanted to take would have been awesome but really to a 4 year old, a beach is a beach. Isaac doesn't know the Bahamas from the Jersey shore which I'm sure Jo could take him to several times during his 6 weeks with him. The beach isn't far from anywhere in that state. 

• Love 3

Having lost both my parents, I really cherish my memories of spending Mother's Day at the beach or Father's Day at our home barbecuing. I would never see it as "just a barbecue".  I am glad to have had both parents under the same roof. I feel for Isaac, but I know things will be great for him as he has two outstanding parents who are doing the best they can.

I bet Jace would love to be at a family barbecue on Father's Day with a man who loved him as much as Javi and Jo love Isaac.

This.

You are really feeling little Jace's pain, Kazu.

• Love 3