Type keyword(s) to search

Except Chelsea (and Cole)

SodaPop
  • Start Topic

I gotta say. I am pretty impressed with Chelsea. I think she is the one teen Mom that has made the best of her situation.  She has not jumped into one bad relationship after the other, she didn't have another baby.  She took her time, and waiting for the right man to come along.   I hope Cole it the one for her. They sure seem happy, well from what we see on TV.

In fairness, her "situation" was the only one that included a loaded dad to foot some of her bills, so that's a situation that's a little easier to make the best of than, say, Kailynn's. At least at the outset. 

Very true. Chelsea is so fortunate to have her supportive family. I think it's awesome that Kail is in school, raising good kids and thinking about her future. Just wish she wasn't such an asshole in her dealings with Jo, Vee, Suzy, Janet and Eddie, Javi and Javi's extended family. I read that she is on the outs with longtime friend Peach. Do you think she craps on people before they have a chance to crap on her? Gosh, I know way too much about these people......

• Love 4
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I have a feeling she doesn't work much. All that talk about wanting to open her own salon, etc was all talk. Now she has a familyyyyy-uh.

Pretty sure she said "one day down the road". Not that her intentions were immediate. Big difference.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Uncle JUICE said:

The answer is yes, because there's no evidence to the contrary. The difference between these people and the real world people is continuity: RW cast changes every year, number one. Number two is our current state of fascination as a culture is with FAME, not accomplishment to achieve it. Just fame for fame's sake. Do you think a member of any Real World cast in the last fifteen years would be a Senator (as one is currently)?

I was just thinking about this and it is sad. Not only is there a senator, but there are some physicians in the mix, a CEO, and a gaggle of attorneys that count themselves as RW alums. Like any of the kids on the hot mess of a show now will even graduate college, let alone have a professional career.

Sorry, keep wandering off topic.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Sorry, keep wandering off topic.

same here, topics come up & remind me of other things.  I don't mean to take advantage of the fact that they're not that strict about that here!!! ( I honestly don't know if I would've survived TWOP...too scatter-brained!!)

• Love 1
3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I have a feeling she doesn't work much. All that talk about wanting to open her own salon, etc was all talk. Now she has a familyyyyy-uh.

Is that such a bad thing, though? I love that we have choices, and women can choose to be a stay-at-home mom if they want to. Also, people change their minds. I think Chelsea does really enjoy working in the beauty industry, but maybe she enjoys making a home for her family more. Maybe that's just what she's interested in at this point in her life. Maybe she'll open a salon when she's older. Maybe she does still work, but they're not filming it. Maybe the place won't allow it. Who knows? But she's happy and her kid is too, so I'm good. 

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Is that such a bad thing, though? I love that we have choices, and women can choose to be a stay-at-home mom if they want to. Also, people change their minds. I think Chelsea does really enjoy working in the beauty industry, but maybe she enjoys making a home for her family more. Maybe that's just what she's interested in at this point in her life. Maybe she'll open a salon when she's older. Maybe she does still work, but they're not filming it. Maybe the place won't allow it. Who knows? But she's happy and her kid is too, so I'm good. 

*thumbs up*

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Phoebe70 said:

Does Chelsea still work at the spa?  I find it so strange how throughout many episodes MTV documented her cosmetology schooling, graduation, interview and then job acceptance yet now you never see her working there.  What's up?

Yes, she occasionally posts pictures from work on Twitter or Instagram. 

• Love 3

Sorry to go off topic, but katt reminded me--what is that D on Chelsea's wall supposed to stand for, anyone know? Can't figure that one out for the life of me.

50 minutes ago, bref said:

Sorry to go off topic, but katt reminded me--what is that D on Chelsea's wall supposed to stand for, anyone know? Can't figure that one out for the life of me.

D is for DeBoer, Cole's last name. I think I saw an H on another wall somewhere in Chelsea's house. I guess they're into initials as decor. 

• Love 2

To be honest, I can't see Chelsea running a salon of her own. Going back to school and becoming a hairstylist? Sure. Dealing to the huge day to day grind, stress and pressure of running a business? Chelsea hasn't shown a very high tolerance for any of that. I don't think she's even ever had your average fast food or retail sucky minimum wage job, so making the leap to running a business is a stretch. She probably had that dream before she realized how much it would take out of her and readjusted her priorities. Nothing wrong with that.

• Love 5

She quit the tanning job. That was 4 years ago.  She currently works.

I cannot believe Adumb spent all that time at the gym to win that cheesy trophy.  That is time that could have been spent with his kids. Instead, he ignored Aubree and the dance. Fucking shame. 

• Love 7

Sorry can't get the reply thing to work but I am so curious now what "type" of guy "demands" a prenatal paternity testy and most of all how is that a negative thing? 

Obviously my view is tainted by personal experience but to me that would be a loving type of guy who,  oh I dunno,  wanted to be there for his child from minute one as long as it's his child and didn't want his heart ripped out if it wasn't. 

(edited)

@NikSac, I'm just saying that if that child wasn't his, Javi is the one person I'd expect to definitely know and let us know allllll about it.

Back to Chelsea. I do think she has the right to make her own choices. I'd love to see her with either a little more ambition or a little more interest in hobbies other than praising Cole, though. Maybe that will settle down over time. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 4

Thanks for not pointing out the mistaken capitalization of Senator, as if he were on the hockey team, rather than senator :). 

And when I heard "weightlifting competition," I thought it was like some big statewide deal. Instead, it looked like he bench pressed more than about three other people in his weight class at his local gym. I mean what the fuckin' fuck? I imagined that like the retro fitness in Vermillion sent him to like the Black Hills Regional competition, among all the local retro fitnesses or something. Nope, just that janky ass gym with his five members and the guy who owns the place. 

• Love 8

Chelsea has always been spoiled and lazy. If she didn't have MTV money she'd probably be living off Randy right now. I like her, but she's never had to hustle or bust her ass for anything in her life. It took her years just to finish a freaking GED. I think the main reason she wants to have kids so quickly with Cole is it gives her an excuse not to work.

• Love 12

What ever happened to Daddy Megan?  I miss her and I loved the relationship they had.  I remember there being a fight over Adam being a douche to Megan but I always hoped Chelsea and Megan would find their way back to each other.

• Love 4

The comments on that article accusing Radar of making up the story have obviously been posted by Adam. I'd roll my eyes, but I have a headache already. The article also said he was waiving around a $50,000 check that he received from Teen Mom, which is not almost as much as the moms make like he and The Ashley claimed the dads receive.

It's too bad he's drinking again. I was hoping he matured a bit since it has been a while since he's been arrested. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Someone mentioned it on his Instagram and that's how I found out about it. I googled his name and ding dang it. This is all Corey Tyler's fault. Adam Joe Lind you done messed up again. It don't make no sense. LOLOL ok ok I'll stop. 

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

The worst part of that story was not only did he steal someone's wallet, but he wasn't even tipping the strippers. Savage. 

How can he possibly tip when Chelsea is stealing all his money to pay for her wedding and Pete's fruit plates?

ETA that my sister's ex was a carbon copy of Adam. She made the bulk of their income during the marriage and when they divorced he was pissed he had to pay child support at all. His mentality was my sister made more than enough to take care of the kids so why should he have to suffer? Guys like him and Adam never change. The ex is now in his late 50s and he's still a selfish douche. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, ghoulina said:

The worst part of that story was not only did he steal someone's wallet, but he wasn't even tipping the strippers. Savage. 

Why should he put a dollar in a working woman's g-string?! They should be paying HIM! Adam logic... 

• Love 8
(edited)

I hadn't heard this, but whenever there is a teaser type commercial for the local news that mentions a guy being arrested for something in Sioux Falls, Mr. Abmis and I look at each other and say, "Adumb" in unison.

Edited by Abmis
spelling again
  • Love 4

I snark on Leah the most, but of all the girls she is the one I wish I could take under my wing.

Some interview Mama Dawn or Leah (maybe a tweet?) gave a while back said Leah "only" had 6 or 7 partners by the time she and Corey got together.  Not slut shaning her, am actually amazed she could be that active at 15/16.  To me, that is still a child and her Mom should be shocked instead of her "business as usual" attitude.  That indicates some self esteem or some other issue Leah needs resolved, that she is never without a man.

She was willing to give Corey more custody/time, then her damn family steps in and twists her around.  She's like a lost puppy following whomever gives her attention.

Hope she breaks the cycle with her kids, as Leah is tragic at this point.

• Love 11
On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 2:24 AM, Christina said:

The comments on that article accusing Radar of making up the story have obviously been posted by Adam. I'd roll my eyes, but I have a headache already. The article also said he was waiving around a $50,000 check that he received from Teen Mom, which is not almost as much as the moms make like he and The Ashley claimed the dads receive.

It's too bad he's drinking again. I was hoping he matured a bit since it has been a while since he's been arrested. 

He's the type of guy that will take 1 step forward, 2 steps back. 

• Love 1
On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 5:50 AM, CofCinci said:

Was Adam paid to appear at this strip club?

I just threw up in my mouth a little.   I know what you mean but all I could think of was Adumb stripping.  I need brain bleach. 

18 minutes ago, Mkay said:

This isn't the first time but Adam needs to stop with the "Paislee never gets to see Aubree" because Chelsea and Taylor do hang out. 

16k1aps.jpg

It's nice to see Paislee with her hair fixed and up out of her face.  I wonder how Taylor feels when she sees Paislee looking like a hot mess on TV.

• Love 6
On 6/10/2016 at 1:11 PM, Mkay said:

This isn't the first time but Adam needs to stop with the "Paislee never gets to see Aubree" because Chelsea and Taylor do hang out. 

16k1aps.jpg

How cute is this!!! I'm really happy that Taylor and Chelsea are able to give their daughters a healthy relationship, and simultaneously show them (and their father) that they don't need to depend on Adam for happiness or to have a family. I think when Chelsea initially said things like "Paislee doesn't count" it was out of spite and jealousy, since she was still kind of running back to Adam for some loving on the regular. I think now that she's moved on and realized that she wants more kids with Cole that keeping Aubree from Paislee was short sighted, hypocritical and selfish. I'm really glad both moms are in a better place.

• Love 8
On 6/6/2016 at 10:44 PM, Brooklynista said:

What ever happened to Daddy Megan?  I miss her and I loved the relationship they had.  I remember there being a fight over Adam being a douche to Megan but I always hoped Chelsea and Megan would find their way back to each other.

I think she had her own baby, and hasn't been on the show after that except for a brief "mom's trip" to California last season. Idk if they're still as close, but it's probably been harder to hang out now that they both have kids, and Megan's son is a few years younger. That's when Chelsea found the new Chelsey. Who is her only friend that doesn't look exactly like Chelsea.

On 6/3/2016 at 11:21 AM, BitterApple said:

Chelsea has always been spoiled and lazy. If she didn't have MTV money she'd probably be living off Randy right now. I like her, but she's never had to hustle or bust her ass for anything in her life. It took her years just to finish a freaking GED. I think the main reason she wants to have kids so quickly with Cole is it gives her an excuse not to work.

I definitely agree that Chelsea wants to be a stay at home mom. But when she was single, I think she felt more pressure to  get some kind of skill and career, or else she would be admitting that she lives solely off MTV which isn't good for the show. I don't blame her, if I could just not work I would be all over that.

• Love 5

Wait, that's gravy?! I thought it was grits or cream of wheat. If it is the kind from a jar, no thanks. I prefer the country gravy you mix from the package.

Me too, SandyStrange. I kept looking for another photo. I was thinking grits. Again, if Leah cooked daily, she would never post, this is a big deal for her and she's showing off for legions of leg humpers. Cannot stand her.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, jacksgirl said:

Me too, SandyStrange. I kept looking for another photo. I was thinking grits. Again, if Leah cooked daily, she would never post, this is a big deal for her and she's showing off for legions of leg humpers. Cannot stand her.

Well let's hope it's grits, because otherwise that is some suspect looking gravy. I guess it wouldn't be a stretch to believe Leah could ruin gravy from the jar. Not like she cooks everyday, what with all the whining, lazying, and pilling she occupies her time with. Not like learning a few useful life skills has any merit for her.

• Love 5

Looking at Leah's Facebook page.. how much money is she paid to post those terrible clickbait links? They're all from the same domain so I can't imagine it's random. Otherwise, Leah is dumber than suspected to post that crap.

• Love 2

According to The Ashley, Jeremy's grandparents lost everything to the floods and he is letting them live in a "home he owns." Yeah, that'll be the Clayton Homes trailer -on his parents land- he was awarded in the divorce, which he'll never pay off...

• Love 1