Type keyword(s) to search

Except Chelsea (and Cole)

SodaPop
  • Start Topic

I am not about being technical with the terms to differentiate a pedophile from a sex offender. A SO's offenses usually range from exposing one's self to having sex with a girl who is not of age to give consennt. This asshole may likely be a pedophile. Even if he isn't, which I doubt, he is shit outta luck with expecting anyone to care about the technical difference between the two terms.

Just reading this particular offender's rap sheet, he is not to be trusted with any children. This is not a guy who was dating a girl who was not able to give legal consent to have sex. This offender's crimes read like the offenders whose criminal records I came across over the years at my job. Just because he has not ever been charged with sexual abuse of a minor, it does not mean it has not happened. It just means his victims may have been too young and/or too scared to come forward.

Many people here, including myself, have been victims of some type of sex crime. Some of those crimes have been child sex abuse. Not many ever told anyone what happened. There are many sex offenders out there who walk among us and have never been caught.

This person is a sex offender in every sense of the word. This is not a guy convicted of statutory rape who is likely not to offend again. Statistics show these sex offenders have likely harmed children beyond the crimes for which they were convicted of in a courtroom. Charges get dropped or reduced.

I hope Chelsea takes this matter to her lawyer. I am not clear what this particular sex offender is prohibited from with regards to being anywhere near children. Depending on what the restrictions are, it would be an outrage if he was not prohibited from being anywhere near children. Usually a SO is not to be near schools or anywhere where children will be.

Adam could offer the defense he had no clue about the guy. How many of us inquire about anyone's criminal record? Adam, for all his faults, likely did not know. However, he should know now and that makes all the difference. How he handles this matter will be interesting to watch play out.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 11

I am not about being technical with the terms to differentiate a pedophile from a sex offender. A SO's offenses usually range from exposing one's self to having sex with a girl who is not of age to give consennt. This asshole may likely be a pedophile. Even if he isn't, which I doubt, he is shit outta luck with expecting anyone to care about the technical difference between the two terms.

Just reading this particular offender's rap sheet, he is not to be trusted with any children. This is not a guy who was dating a girl who was not able to give legal consent to have sex. This offender's crimes read like the offenders whose criminal records I came across over the years at my job. Just because he has not ever been charged with sexual abuse of a minor, it does not mean it has not happened. It just means his victims may have been too young and/or too scared to come forward.

Many people here, including myself, have been victims of some type of sex crime. Some of those crimes have been child sex abuse. Not many ever told anyone what happened. There are many sex offenders out there who walk among us and have never been caught.

This person is a sex offender in every sense of the word. This is not a guy convicted of statutory rape who is likely not to offend again. Statistics show these sex offenders have likely harmed children beyond the crimes for which they were convicted of in a courtroom. Charges get dropped or reduced.

I hope Chelsea takes this matter to her lawyer. I am not clear what this particular sex offender is prohibited from with regards to being anywhere near children. Depending on what the restrictions are, it would be an outrage if he was not prohibited from being anywhere near children. Usually a SO is not to be near schools or anywhere where children will be.

Adam could offer the defense he had no clue about the guy. How many of us inquire about anyone's criminal record? Adam, for all his faults, likely did not know. However, he should know now and that makes all the difference. How he handles this matter will be interesting to watch play out.

You're right; the article I read initially (or maybe only part of it showed up on my phone) only mentioned indecent exposure, which could be as stupid (and sometimes does land people on the registry) as getting drunk and peeing in public. Statutory is often ridiculous as well. (I'm also the victim of rape BTW, I just think our method of lumping in, say, an 18- 19 year old dating and having sex with a 16 year old with a child molester is rather unproductive).

With that second charge, yeah, definitely a threat to minors. 100%.

• Love 2

QUIZ TIME!

If you want more time with your daughter do you

A.  Drive around without a license?

B. Put inappropriate photos of her on the internet?

C. Bring your sex offender friends around her at a play centre?

D. All of the above? 

E. None of the above?

If you can correctly guess the best answer using Adam Logic © you are entitled to an ugly tattoo and steroids!  

• Love 5

I am not about being technical with the terms to differentiate a pedophile from a sex offender.

This guy is not someone you want your children to be near, but I disagree about not differentiating between different types of offenses. Like LM2162 said, you can be registered as a sex offender for urinating in public or being 17 years old with a 15 year old girlfriend.  That's why they do have different levels.  Some need a second chance.   Serious pedophiles stand little chance to be rehabilitated. 

I don't think Adam has any friends, he's socially awkward, so these hanger-ons take advantage of that and glob on to him. 

• Love 1

You would think that all of these people would be aware that there's a sex offender registry where you can look this stuff up, especially if it's some new person just wanting to hang around.

• Love 1

This guy is not someone you want your children to be near, but I disagree about not differentiating between different types of offenses. Like LM2162 said, you can be registered as a sex offender for urinating in public or being 17 years old with a 15 year old girlfriend. That's why they do have different levels. Some need a second chance. Serious pedophiles stand little chance to be rehabilitated.

I don't think Adam has any friends, he's socially awkward, so these hanger-ons take advantage of that and glob on to him.

Plenty of stories of a 20 year old kid going to a house party and having consensual sex with a 15 year old also at the party without knowing and the parents crying rape. Good judgment? Hell no. Sex offender? Pedophile? Also no.

However, this guy is a fucking disgusting creeper.

• Love 4

This guy is not someone you want your children to be near, but I disagree about not differentiating between different types of offenses. Like LM2162 said, you can be registered as a sex offender for urinating in public or being 17 years old with a 15 year old girlfriend.  That's why they do have different levels.  Some need a second chance.   Serious pedophiles stand little chance to be rehabilitated. 

I don't think Adam has any friends, he's socially awkward, so these hanger-ons take advantage of that and glob on to him.

I think the poster was referring to another poster's comment, not the legal differences between the two words. I read it twice and that is how I understood their post.

Let's hope this pervert gets into trouble for being at a facility where there are children. I pray he did not harm any children while he was there.

I am sick just thinking he may have accessed the bathtub photo. Although the photo in question may not have shown the private parts of Aubree and her sister, perverts are not always about having to see children's private parts. Looking at photos of naked children can be a turn-on for them. God, I hated just having to post that comment.

Sick fuckers.

• Love 4

Will this affect Adam's custody case if he truly didn't know? I hate to defend him, because he's such a sleaze, but most of us don't run background checks on people we become friends with at the gym or work or whatever. I doubt Chelsea did one on Cole. Randy may have, but that's not the sort of thing Chelsea would think of, especially if the guy was cute and "looked" nice.

MTV really needs to find Adam a new set of rent-a-friends. Surely there's some college interns at headquarters they can cover in fake tattoos and grime, who can follow a script and ask Adam how he feels.

• Love 4

It should not affect Adam's visitation, however, he has supervised visitation. Were his parents there with him at the facility? If not, that could be an issue. But, we already know MTV has made it clear to Cory's family law judge that using MTV footage doesn't mean squat since the show is edited.

Yes, my comments about the two different words (pedophile and sex offender) were meant for us here on the board. It is not as if we must be technical and use the proper word for fear we could be hit with a lawsuit for defamation.

This asshole is a menace to society.

• Love 1

It looks like the second arrest was rather recent, and probably after the filming. If he told Adam about exposing himself to a woman as a teenager, I don't think Adam would have thought twice about it, especially if he told Adam he was drunk and stupid at the time. 

During the episode he said something to one of the kids about going to see Grandma, so I think she was there.

• Love 1

Aubree seems to throw her tantrums in context with returning from the Linds. I have a feeling it's a similar situation to Jace spending the weekend at Jenelle's, where the kids are stuffed with junk food, overdosing on soda and staying up way too late. So by the time Aubree returns to Chelsea, she's cranky, tired and off her routine.

Since the Linds produced a douche nozzle like Adam, I can't imagine they make any effort to strike a measure of consistency between the two households. So in that sense, I'll cut Chelsea some slack.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 4

Over the seasons, we've seen her have quite a few tantrums and get in trouble at school for them, too. I don't know if it's just editing...maybe part of Chelsea's decided-upon storyline from MTV is that 'Aubree is a spoiled brat.' We have certainly seen far more of Aubree's brattiness than the other kids', but each mom/kid has to have 'an angle,' so she may be just as bratty or as non-bratty as the other kids but we just don't see them as much. After all, the other kids are with their fathers/other family members some of the time, while Aubree is pretty much always with Chelsea, so they also just don't film as often.

• Love 4

I think Chelsea and Cole have the most normal relationship of the whole Teen Mom franchise. Yeah....her baby voice thing is beyond annoying but Cole seems to like it. And he's as goofy as she is. I think they make a cute couple. Most of the guys on this franchise are douchebags. Even the "good" guys come off like that to me - like Jo and Javi. But Cole seems pretty vanilla and there's not a thing wrong with that in my book. I think she's got a genuinely loving relationship with her dad and I'm glad to see her mirror that with a guy like Cole than with Adam.

Aubree doesn't seem any more bratty than most 6 year olds. I do think she is too old to have those kind of tantrums but I'm sure the going back and forth makes her tired and moody sometimes - especially when things aren't consistent.

I'm not a huge Chelsea fan. I think she needs to lay off trying to make Cole Aubree's dad and I hate the way she styles herself and, truth be told, I hold back a lot of respect for anyone who puts her kid on reality TV. But, for the most part, she seems pretty harmless and she is way better than every other one on this franchise.

• Love 2

Transition between households after visitation is difficult for children. Many experts suggest not doing the switch/hand off on Sunday night (what it looks like Chelsea is doing) but instead allowing whoever had the kid over the weekend to take them to school, especially with kid's her age.

Also, MTV may be chosing to air this age-appropriate behavior just because Chelsea is boring and tame compared to the other trainwrecks. You'd think her rats nest would be full of secrets, but it's not.

But, for the most part, she seems pretty harmless and she is way better than every other one on this franchise.

That's the thing for me.  I'm sure that Chelsea could be parenting Aubree with more consistency, etc but at the end of the day her daughter is fed, dressed and sleeps in her own bed.  So she is already far and beyond Leah and Jenelle.  Aubree seems fine and if the worst thing is that she chucks some tantrums after coming back from the Linds, I can't see much of an issue.  I agree with whoever it was that said that it might just be part of Chelsea's storyline.  So far this season we have seen her grocery shopping, driving and posting on social media so they have to take the drama when they can!!  And if that drama comes in the form of Aubree refusing to brush her teeth, I think the editing monkeys will take it.  

• Love 2

I keep hearing about all of these bratty tantrums that Aubree keeps having but I sure don't remember them. I've seen it maybe 2 or 3 times which is pretty damn normal for a kid that age. We've seen every kid on this show have tantrums but only Aubree's keep being mentioned.

She seems like a normal kid to me.

If you keep hearing about them, then they are obviously happening.  Especially if you're the only person that hasn't seen them.  They happen.  It could be on return from the Lind's, but I've also seen Chelsea plead with her to stop, or not following through.  I think if she got a little more firmer, let Aubree know who the adult is and is consistent, she could break some of that. 

As far as her not getting pregnant because she didn't have a man, that's why I like her so much. She's attractive, on TV and has money, she could have found a guy at any time to latch onto and have kids with but she didn't.

That's because she was so hung up on Adam.  There was an episode or article or something where her friends mentioned she should start dating and she said she wasn't ready, she needed to get over Adam.  There was also the episode she thought she was pregnant (by Adam) and told just about everyone she knew.

The baby talk is nothing in the Grand scheme of things. Who the fuck cares what her voice sounds like?! I'd rather hear a nice person baby talk than to hear somebody like Jenelle bitch and complain in a normal voice.

I care what her voice sounds like because I have to listen to it every week. She's an adult and she needs to sound like one.  I get it doing it when talking to a baby or a pet, but not in day to day. I just cringe when I hear it.  And this thread isn't about Jenelle, so I won't bring up her bitchiness here.

If Aubree does grow up to be just like Chelsea, how is that bad? Chelsea is a nice person, has a career and has a great family, is a great mom and doesn't seem to have a mean bone in her body. Yeah, it would be horrible if Aubree grew up to be like that.

Oh I agree she seems like a nice person.  I just hope she doesn't get pregnant early on and puts an emphasis on academics. She has all this money from the show being set aside for her, (which, for that, I'll say good on Chelsea) so hopefully she'll want to continue her education and go to college.

• Love 3

Chelsea doesn't have to be worse than Jenelle or Leah to be annoying.

I also hope she becomes a bit more of a disciplinarian and goes to college or furthers her goals in some way.

I don't mind Chelsea, and think she's a nice person and a good mom, but I don't think she really has a lot of professional goals. I would bet Chelsea gets pregnant within a year of getting married, and devotes her time fully to raising the baby and Aubree. And I bet she has more than one child with Cole. And that's okay if that's what she wants to do. In this day and age, I would caution anyone against depending solely on another person to support them (while I don't knock stay at home moms, there is a leap of faith being taken in that regard), but Chelsea is different in that she has a much better financial situation than most. Hopefully she has a private retirement plan in her name only (and some kind of prenup protecting that) and continues to live within or even below her means.

• Love 6

I think it would be awesome if Chelsea went back to hair school or something similar, to add feathers to her esthetician cap. It would widen her job prospects in the beauty field, imo.

She quit "hair school" about halfway through.

I wonder how any of her clients can withstand her voice during their appointments.

If you keep hearing about them, then they are obviously happening. Especially if you're the only person that hasn't seen them. They happen. It could be on return from the Lind's, but I've also seen Chelsea plead with her to stop, or not following through. I think if she got a little more firmer, let Aubree know who the adult is and is consistent, she could break some of that.

That's because she was so hung up on Adam. There was an episode or article or something where her friends mentioned she should start dating and she said she wasn't ready, she needed to get over Adam. There was also the episode she thought she was pregnant (by Adam) and told just about everyone she knew.

I care what her voice sounds like because I have to listen to it every week. She's an adult and she needs to sound like one. I get it doing it when talking to a baby or a pet, but not in day to day. I just cringe when I hear it. And this thread isn't about Jenelle, so I won't bring up her bitchiness here.

Oh I agree she seems like a nice person. I just hope she doesn't get pregnant early on and puts an emphasis on academics. She has all this money from the show being set aside for her, (which, for that, I'll say good on Chelsea) so hopefully she'll want to continue her education and go to college.

Just because I keep hearing about them does not make it true. I also kept hearing here that Adam's creepy friend was his sober coach and that Kail had an abortion by a man other than her husband. Neither gave proven to be true.

I don't believe everything I read online.

It's pretty common for a young woman to be hung up on her ex, especially if he's the father of her baby. I think it's a good thing that she recognized that she needed to get over Adam before she started a new relationship.

As for the last part, college and education isn't the end all be all of life. I had 2 kids by the time I was 20 and didn't go to a formal college. Nothing wrong with not going to college.

• Love 1

As for the last part, college and education isn't the end all be all of life. I had 2 kids by the time I was 20 and didn't go to a formal college. Nothing wrong with not going to college.

No kidding. Plenty of people spend years and thousands of dollars (or in some cases, hundreds of thousands) on a degree in an industry they don't even wind up using. My coworker's wife has a masters and is a stay at home mom, and has been for the last decade. Now, it's nice that she has this degree, but job offers aren't going to come pouring in for someone with no experience from the last 10-15 years. She's better off entering the work force than someone with no practical experience AND no masters' degree, but it will still be an uphill battle.  And some of these degrees are really not that marketable.

Chelsea has quite the nest egg saved up, and her own house, and is getting married to someone employed at an actual job (not "house flipping" or "tshirt selling"). If she wants to stay at home and be super PTA mom to Aubree and subsequent kids, that's her business. She's in a much better financial position  (even considering her TM2 income is fleeting) than a lot of people I know that actually have degrees (and a ton of student debt).

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 5

True, plenty of people are successful without a traditional college degree. In fact, some of the better paying and more marketable jobs these days  require technical training. Heck, look at the salary Germy was pulling in with probably on the job or technical training only.  Some people aren't cut out for college (like Chelsea) and a college education isn't always an indicator of intelligence. I've meet plenty of shallow and small-minded people with college degrees.

I do think it would be cool for Chelsea to widen her scope in the cosmetology field by getting some extra training, but that is completely up to her. I give her props for getting off her ass and getting her cert in the first place, in a field she is actually employable in (cough Jenelle saving lives cough). I also think, unlike a certain Leah Messer, if she was to be a SAHM she would do a great job. I can see her being highly involved with her children and putting effort into maintaining a nice home.

• Love 4

I know a girl on my husband's side of the family who went to a 4 year university and is now working at a hardware store. Her father is pissed. She went to college at his urging, not because she wanted to attend. Seriously, the people who should go to college are the ones who desire to go or need to go in order to acquire an education for the career they are seeking.

I have a relative who went to beauty school 20 years ago. She was in school for a year. She now owns two salons. Chelsea may or may not want to be her own boss, but she does not necessarily need a college education to succeed and be happy with her career choice.

• Love 2

I do think critical thinking skills are gained in a liberal arts education that are difficult to gain elsewhere, and I'm all for the inherent value of such an education, especially one that includes the literary/philosophical canon, regardless of financial outcome/career choices (not the only reason to go). But I don't think that ever would have been something that interested Chelsea, regardless of her young pregnancy. I think she's about where she would otherwise have been.

I do think it's hard to compare her relatively normal outcome to the other girls'. It's like apples and oranges. None of them had fathers or any stability at all. They were around abuse, substance use, poverty, violence, and ignorance their entire lives. If anything, TM shows the importance of a stable, nurturing, educated family at home.

• Love 6

Well, it was 15 minutes, not an hour, and do people really watch this shit?  Is this representative of daytime TV?  Gah. 

Best I can tell, Sad Panda was there to put words in the girls' mouths.  I will say that Leah looked clean, not heinously made up, and her hair didn't look like straw--probably the best I've ever seen her look.  But just when you didn't think things could be any more softball than the good doctor, allow me to introduce Steve Harvey, who allows Leah to say that her problems all stemmed from putting everyone but herself first, and maintain that she was on the "anxiety track" at rehab. 

Then he added:  "Everybody makes mistakes. There's ain't a livin' soul that don't make mistakes."  And exhorted them to not beat themselves up over it. 

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
  • Love 1

I believe "critical thinking" is not learned in college. The idea of that makes me laugh.

People who haven't gone to college don't have critical thinking skills? Never heard that one before. Sounds kind of snobby to be honest.

• Love 2

Well I didn't say that, so need to be offended. ;)

Critical thinking is about the ability to question claims, make arguments, and defend those arguments, all of which are learned primarily through extensive reading, writing, and discussion. Certainly the extensive amount of reading, writing, and reasoning required by a good liberal arts education could be accomplished through independent study, but I assume that's rare. I certainly wouldn't have had the discipline to write papers, construct arguments, engage in critical debates, and read most of the literary and philosophical Western canon on my own at 18, but I was forced to do so at college. But it can be done, I'm sure. I would assume most 18 year olds were like me, though, and wouldn't do that on their own.

• Love 6

Chelsea doesn't have to be worse than Jenelle or Leah to be annoying.

I also hope she becomes a bit more of a disciplinarian and goes to college or furthers her goals in some way.

She already has a career. Not everyone needs or wants a 4 year degree.

I like Chelsea. I think she's genuinely a good person, and outside of dipshit Cateynn, she's the only one I can say that about.

• Love 4

She already has a career. Not everyone needs or wants a 4 year degree.

I like Chelsea. I think she's genuinely a good person, and outside of dipshit Cateynn, she's the only one I can say that about.

I don't think Chelsea has the intellect to handle college, frankly. She struggled with the GED. And that's OK. As long as she's self-sufficent and doing a good job raising her kid, who cares?

• Love 13

I'm not offended but you did say it and I don't agree. I also think it's a snobby thing to imply.

I'm off this merry merry go round now. It's giving me a headache.

She said it can be gained at a liberal arts college but did not say it's only learned in college.  Whether it's "snobby" or not is a matter of personal opinion.

I didn't obtain a degree and I regret it.  So many job I can't apply to because a degree is required. Promotions I was passed over for those with a degree.  It's not the have all, be all, but it definitely helps. I push my own kids to think about going, their future careers can be greatly helped.

Point is, we are here to discuss Chelsea.  Some may like her, some may not.  Both sides should feel free to express their opinions.  Nobody is right or wrong. Nobody should be jumping down anyone's throats if they don't agree.

• Love 8

I didn't obtain a degree and I regret it. So many job I can't apply to because a degree is required. Promotions I was passed over for those with a degree. It's not the have all, be all, but it definitely helps.

I know Chelsea mentioned wanting to open a salon, and for that I think it would behoove her to at least take a few business classes at a community college so she can be sure to have her ducks in a row. I think in general, she's just not a career oriented person, which is fine, but she has that luxury thanks to MTV money and a rich dad. Most young, single moms have to hustle and grind.

• Love 5

McKay thanks again for posting these links. I so prefer links as they provide proof rather than someone claiming something as proof.

LOL at stupid Adumb. I remember having to clarify to some people the difference between LEGAL custody and PHYSICAL custody.

• Love 3

I know Chelsea mentioned wanting to open a salon, and for that I think it would behoove her to at least take a few business classes at a community college so she can be sure to have her ducks in a row. I think in general, she's just not a career oriented person, which is fine, but she has that luxury thanks to MTV money and a rich dad. Most young, single moms have to hustle and grind.

Yes, further education would be in order if she wants to run her own business. And if she wants to run a full-service salon, more beauty education might be a good idea (otherwise she might end up on Tabatha's Salon Takeover getting reamed for not knowing her business and how to run it. LOL. I miss that show)

• Love 2

I just want ,Chelsea to go back to beautician school so she can do my hair and we can BS.

Didn't she already graduate?  Or did you mean specifically hair school instead of whatever she's got now?

• Love 1

Didn't she already graduate? Or did you mean specifically hair school instead of whatever she's got now?

She ended up quitting hair school to go to aesthetician school, which is the program she finished. I actually think hairdressing would've been more lucrative in the long run, but I guess you have to follow your heart.

• Love 4