Type keyword(s) to search

Except Chelsea (and Cole)

SodaPop
  • Start Topic

I think I get the difference for Chelsea. Adam might be "alpha hot" which is more about him, always. For some reason everybody in the free world can see that but you while you are in their web. You feel like an absolute idiot once you get out so you vow to look in the opposite direction for future love interests. You then might end up with a "white bread beta" like Cole seems to be. Good looking, seemingly much easier going, guy that doesn't treat you like an afterthought. (Including in bed) The attraction difference is like night and day. Instant vs gradual increase.

Or maybe that's just my experience. 

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, MissMel said:

I think I get the difference for Chelsea. Adam might be "alpha hot" which is more about him, always. For some reason everybody in the free world can see that but you while you are in their web. You feel like an absolute idiot once you get out so you vow to look in the opposite direction for future love interests. You then might end up with a "white bread beta" like Cole seems to be. Good looking, seemingly much easier going, guy that doesn't treat you like an afterthought. (Including in bed) The attraction difference is like night and day. Instant vs gradual increase.

Or maybe that's just my experience. 

I think after being dickmatized by Adam, Chelsea probably feels safer with some plain ole D. Nice, safe, regular D.  No drama, no fuss, no muss.

• Love 6

Absolutely. And some girls never learn. Their self esteem gets so beaten down and they continue to seek the same kind of asshole over and over. I'm proud of Chelsea for actually realizing that she deserves better and changing her life for the better. 

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Toooldforthis said:

Cole is mighty fine looking and will make a great father. Chelsea did well to lock that one down.

However I can't see him being very ahem..'adventurous' ;) but you can't have it all can you?!?

You never know. Sometimes those quiet shy guys surprise you in private. ;)

• Love 6
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Absolutely. And some girls never learn. Their self esteem gets so beaten down and they continue to seek the same kind of asshole over and over. I'm proud of Chelsea for actually realizing that she deserves better and changing her life for the better. 

Absolutely. Chelsea is the one Teen Mom I've seen legitimate growth in. I kinda feel like a proud of her since I watched her grow up on my TV (even though I don't actually know her, which I know is nuts). I remember thinking that she was never going to get her GED, never finish beauty school, etc. I was always rooting for her because she seems like a legitimately good person but I found her so boring the first few seasons of TM. I now think a lot of what we saw those early seasons (the time it took it o get her GED/beauty school stuff, lazing around on her couch pining over Adam, and continuing to go back to Adam) was probably depression.  As someone who has suffered from clinical depression most of my adult life, that's what a lot of it looked like to me. I'm glad she's found Cole, has a skill/completed schooling, and is going on and really LIVING her life (and being a good mom and person while doing it). I say good for her. It's nice to see one of these moms succeed (I have hopes for Kailyn but her personality can be so nasty!).

• Love 10
4 hours ago, DoctorWhovian said:

You never know. Sometimes those quiet shy guys surprise you in private. ;)

I'm quiet and shy, until I get to know you. Hahaha Then I suprise people. Tada!! 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

I'm pretty sure you're all talking about butt stuff. Just saying. :-)

I didn't mean butt stuff, but Cole doesn't even look like he's great at showing what that mouth does either. Certainly he's a bucket of surprises for Chelsea and the strong cornball vibe he gives off is just to throw us off his true nature.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 2

I didn't think that going down on a woman made you Indiana Jones, but I could definitely see that dude wanting to spend as little time doing that as possible. And Chelsea using both hands on top of his head to try to get him to do it. 

Edited by Uncle JUICE
  • Love 2

She couldn't help but share? Yes, she really restrains herself a lot of the time with her posting, I'm sure.

I  have never stated that I love my kids on social media. I only use Facebook, and I have a few dozen people on there because I only add real life, meaningful people, but I've never posted that I love my son and daughter. I tell THEM all the time that I love them, and I naturally and instinctively do things to SHOW them that (and I don't mean material things and trips,) but I don't announce my love for them to the world . I must be a heartless and shitty mother! Who knew.

Edited by AhFillAck
  • Love 9
19 hours ago, Mkay said:

I'm quiet and shy, until I get to know you. Hahaha Then I suprise people. Tada!! 

It's the best way to be. Keep them guessing! 

7 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

I'm pretty sure you're all talking about butt stuff. Just saying. :-)

Well I wasn't but I am now! Haha. I was thinking more the type that seem shy in public, but then can get more... adult... in private, maybe a little more forceful, little more spicy.

• Love 2
On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 1:38 PM, Tatum said:

I don't get snapchat either. I have facebook, and that's about all I can handle.

I think Cole is objectively physically attractive, but for some reason, I can't imagine being attracted TO him. There's just something so bland and generic about him. But if Chelsea's happy, good for her.

I think he is attractive, handsome for sure.  BUT THAT VOICE!  Even without the babytalk, he has the worst high-pitched voice.  It is like David Beckham, if you have heard him speak.  The voice ruins the hotness.

• Love 7

Silly decision but this is only her third car since Aubree was born.  I'm pretty sure that Jenelle/Kail go through that many cars a year.  I know that she has money rolling in but maybe the car could have waited until they bought the house (if that is still the plan). 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Uncle JUICE said:

I don't think anyone's arguing that it's "Smart," just that as usual, Chelsea seems "least stupid."

Agreed. I mean, none of these girls are what I would call "smart". Of course, the odds of finding a smart, responsible person who got pregnant at 16, decided to raise the child, AND thought it was a great idea to air their story on MTV are probably...not high. Chelsea is just the least dumb and least wasteful of her money.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Idk, I think three cars in six years is a ridiculous waste of money. It's not like they're an asset that increases in value.

I think you can only lease a car for two or three years, as opposed to straight up buying it.  I have friends who have way nicer cars than they should!  :-)

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

I don't think anyone's arguing that it's "Smart," just that as usual, Chelsea seems "least stupid."

Replace "least stupid" with "least dysfunctional" and I would agree on that. I think Chelsea is pretty dim but benefits a lot by not being the absolute mess most the other TMs are. Overall I don't think a new car is such a terrible idea, I just don't see why it has to be some monster gas-guzzler. You can get by with a modest four door for a car, even with two young children. Well, as long as I don't see relentless posts of her new ass, vacations, or #soblessed from her I will give her a break.

Edited by HeySandyStrange
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Idk, I think three cars in six years is a ridiculous waste of money. It's not like they're an asset that increases in value.

Yeah I seriously laughed at this.  I've been driving the same car for 12 years ?

• Love 7
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Absolutely but with all the disposable income that the girls have they probably just see the constant upgrades as standard.  It's stupid for sure and I wonder if Chelsea was influenced by the other girls and their flashy cars as opposed to her Jeep (and whatever the other one was).  It's not a good financial choice especially before a wedding and maybe buying a house.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

So much this. 

1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

If it's still running, I'm still driving it.

Amen, sister. We have a 16 year old car sitting in our driveway now. It still runs, so we are still driving it.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

If it's still running, I'm still driving it.

Yes. Mine is 10 yrs old. I refuse to have car payments again. I'm driving it 'til it dies for good. 

• Love 5

10 years old. Never a scratch until last weekend due to a hit a run! I've kept full coverage because I have less than 40,000 miles on it. Bought it new and kept up the proper tuneups. I don't want to see another car note.  

• Love 2

Nice new car for Chels, but I'd think with a new baby coming, an impending marriage and (presumably) plans to move into a new house in the near future as they were looking before, a new car would be on the bottom of the priority list unless there was something wrong with her other one.

I too don't get these girls' (the other three) mentality with a new car every other year, or every year, or every five minutes as it seems. I'm assuming with their MTV money they're buying them outright, in cash, and to me a car is a wasteful thing to blow all your money on if you're not planning to keep it for at least seven, eight years. I had my old car for ten years before it was totaled in an accident; it could have gone another ten. My mom has had her 4Runner for 17 years. She has a newer smaller car to get around that doesn't siphon so much gas, but she has no plans to give up her 4Runner until the day it stops running altogether. Most of my relatives, I think, keep their cars for years and years until/unless they are in an accident. The idea of getting a new car every other year is just so strange to me. It's a car! It's not like you can get your investment back when you sell it/trade it in for a new one. It loses value the second you leave the lot with it. Spending 20-some thousand on a car every two or three years is just throwing money away.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

With all of her spending, it doesn't look like Chelsea is planning on leaving the show anytime soon. 

True, and this is why I get a bit of an eye roll when Chels acts like she is above the show. She my not be the arrogant famewhore mess the other three are, but I think she likes the money just as much and likes the lifestyle it's afforded her. I mean, she would've never been broke with papa Randy around, but she spa job and Randy's allowance wouldn't buy her a house, cars, etc. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, HeySandyStrange said:

True, and this is why I get a bit of an eye roll when Chels acts like she is above the show. She my not be the arrogant famewhore mess the other three are, but I think she likes the money just as much and likes the lifestyle it's afforded her. I mean, she would've never been broke with papa Randy around, but she spa job and Randy's allowance wouldn't buy her a house, cars, etc. 

I agree. I like Chelsea, but give a major side-eye when she acts like she doesn't need the show to maintain her lifestyle. She works part time at a spa and Cole probably doesn't make more than 50k a year. It's a decent living but it certainly isn't going to keep them in luxury SUV's and upgraded houses. Assuming she's saved a good chunk of her TM money, she'll probably be okay for a while after the show ends, but I doubt she's in "set for life" territory. Money tends to go twice as fast when you no longer have it flowing in.

• Love 8

I agree. It also seriously makes me wonder how life for Chelsea and Cole will be in a few years. She seems to want multiple children with Cole, and she already has one, which makes me think they will end up with 4+. She has always seemed to want to be a stay at home mom (nothing wrong with that, but you should realistically ask yourself if you can live within a certain means). While I do see her appreciating money from randy and the show, and not blowing it all, I'm interested to see 6+ people live on 50K a year, with occasional gifts from randy. She has never been on that type of salary period, living off Randy's salary, and then the show's.

I think she'll be ok without designer brands and vacations (looking at you, Kail!) but I wonder how she and Cole will handle it when she wants to go to Cheesecake Factory for her birthday, or buy her expensive makeup, but the can't because of baby #4's health insurance. I don't think she's ever lived that reality, and most people with jobs at Cole's level probably have a working spouse and/or a small family. Randy was lucky to earn the salary to support a large family comfortably. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I agree. It also seriously makes me wonder how life for Chelsea and Cole will be in a few years. She seems to want multiple children with Cole, and she already has one, which makes me think they will end up with 4+. She has always seemed to want to be a stay at home mom (nothing wrong with that, but you should realistically ask yourself if you can live within a certain means). While I do see her appreciating money from randy and the show, and not blowing it all, I'm interested to see 6+ people live on 50K a year, with occasional gifts from randy. She has never been on that type of salary period, living off Randy's salary, and then the show's.

I think she'll be ok without designer brands and vacations (looking at you, Kail!) but I wonder how she and Cole will handle it when she wants to go to Cheesecake Factory for her birthday, or buy her expensive makeup, but the can't because of baby #4's health insurance. I don't think she's ever lived that reality, and most people with jobs at Cole's level probably have a working spouse and/or a small family. Randy was lucky to earn the salary to support a large family comfortably. 

You think she wants 4 or more kids? If she had a boy and a girl with Cole I see them being done. The cost of living in ND is low, and if she paid for her home in cash their monthly expenses will be lower than average. If she continued to let Randy manage her finances they will be ok. I know we each have a different definition of "ok". 

• Love 5

I don't mind the new vehicle. I am wondering if she got the "second baby bonus".  I'm just guessing but I can imagine it was pretty decent. Maybe she paid off her house and had enough leftover to get the new car? I suppose it's also possible they got rid of Cole's truck. I can see him in the other Jeep, especially if his truck wasn't four wheel drive. 

I don't know but I think she plans for the future more than the others. She's gotten some pretty good financial guidance from Papa Randylicious, at least. 

• Love 4

These girls make well into 6 figures a year, even after taxes. Who's to say the jeep didn't have some issue that needed to be fixed, and the cost just didn't make sense when they could buy a new car instead. Or she just wanted to buy a new car and had no issue affording it. Or any other reason. Sure, these girls won't be making this money forever, but I doubt six years ago we'd have guessed they'd still be doing it now. Chelsea gets more leeway because, in general, she's not doing the same outlandish things as the other girls. But, lets be real, with the salaries these girls are making, of course they're going to spend. If I could afford regular vacations, I would do it too.

• Love 6

I've got a Jeep and it's an effin' money pit. If there's something that can go wrong, it WILL go wrong. Having said that, if she's bought a Land Rover, she's not doing much better because they're absolute shit-boxes and notoriously unreliable. She should think about a sled and a team of huskies next time.

• Love 8

What does Cole do for a living? They seem like a very nice and well matched couple - but kinda dim. Or maybe I just can't tell with all that baby talk. It's amazing that Aubree seems to talk like a normal person. Farrah, Deborah, and baby Goo couldn't make that happen.

i guess if you go with benefit of the doubt - she got a new "family car" and paid cash, saved a ton by getting help from Randy and living in a cheap area, and can put a huge down payment on a house.  But didn't we see them trying to buy a McMansiony place? That throws the whole deal off there. I'm hoping Randy will call the shots and has a ton (his own and hers) of cash ready to put on a place so that they can live on just his income. We will see (oh, and no more pets!). 

• Love 3

Guys, isn't it likely she paid for most of the house, or at least laid by enough money so that they aren't going to have the stress of a mortgage like most people? It's South Dakota, that house can't be more than what, $600K (which I think is probably overstating it by 25%, but let's be safe). We know she's got Aubree's college paid per Randy, why wouldn't she have used some of her clearly invested money to buy most of a house?

• Love 2