Type keyword(s) to search

The Golden Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

(edited)

Either Gerry and Theresa had terrible judgement getting married when they were so incompatible, or the whole thing was fake as shit. Either way, I'm likely done with this stupid franchise. Yet another season ends up a 25-hour (give or take) waste of time.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Maybe they should have dated for a little while rather than getting married five months after meeting for a paid for wedding and honeymoon from ABC.  
The only thing that surprised me was that it happened this fast.  I didn't think it would last a year, but this is faster than I was expecting.  

• Like 15
1 hour ago, Armchair Critic said:

I have been a Gerry doubter, but still I am surprised. I want to know what happened.

The only reason I'm not surprised is I listened to them on a podcast episode from a few weeks ago and the way they talked about their relationship there were a lot of red flags -- not being able to decide on a place to live, Theresa still working and Gerry not especially liking it since he's been retired for awhile and wants to have adventures with his wife, marriage in general being harder than Gerry imagined it to be at this stage of his life. Far from what you'd expect from a couple who should still be in their honeymoon phase.

Agree with the poster above that getting married so quickly was foolish for them. Having to uproot lives is a lot harder for people their age than the 20-somethings we see on the main show, and they should have seen how life would be like for them in the real world first. But I am glad for Theresa that they signed a prenup and she got to protect her money at least.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2

There are a lot of things they should have discussed before the rush to get married. They should have waited and gotten to know each other outside the bubble of the show. 

• Like 8

I wonder if Gerry and Theresa  agreed to the marriage and everything, just to take advantage of the attention, the honeymoon, etc.      

I find it hard to believe that 2 adults with that much life experience would not realize that real life, outside of the bachelor bubble is totally different.   

Just  theory -- maybe they said, let's take  what they are offering, have some fun.  And if it works out, great but if not, we'll go our separate ways.  No harm, no foul.   

And  I also wonder how much it affects them when they  read forums like this and other social media.    We are not kind to them, when we voice our opinions.   That is not a criticism, that is what this is for.   And why most people experiencing any type of fame or attention are told to not read this type of thing, not to engage.   

But  I know if it was me, I would take a look.   We can be brutal, but these forums are for fun and we can be honest and snarky all we want.   

I just wonder if they think  a little differently after reading  some of the opinions of others.   

• Like 4
  • Useful 4
20 minutes ago, mishap said:

I wonder if Gerry and Theresa  agreed to the marriage and everything, just to take advantage of the attention, the honeymoon, etc.      

I find it hard to believe that 2 adults with that much life experience would not realize that real life, outside of the bachelor bubble is totally different.   

Just  theory -- maybe they said, let's take  what they are offering, have some fun.  And if it works out, great but if not, we'll go our separate ways.  No harm, no foul.   

And  I also wonder how much it affects them when they  read forums like this and other social media.    We are not kind to them, when we voice our opinions.   That is not a criticism, that is what this is for.   And why most people experiencing any type of fame or attention are told to not read this type of thing, not to engage.   

But  I know if it was me, I would take a look.   We can be brutal, but these forums are for fun and we can be honest and snarky all we want.   

I just wonder if they think  a little differently after reading  some of the opinions of others.   

They should have just dated but there is a lot of temptation with what they were being offered. 

• Like 5
6 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

I have been a Gerry doubter, but still I am surprised. I want to know what happened.

I always suspected Gerry was a money grubber. So glad that Theresa wasn't a complete fool and made him sign a pre-nup. I never really thought she'd move away from her kids either.

• Like 11
(edited)

Maybe they got a huge joint filing tax credit. I always thought the whole season was bad wrong reasons acting by both of them and I especially thought it was just too weird a story that his wife died soon after they moved to their lake house and the whole Teresa Kathy drama made her look like a manipulative victim, which is why I didn’t even watch the televised wedding circus. And so another one bites the dust. That being said, I got weird body language from Joey and Kelsey in their ATFR too and I was rooting for his season to be successful, guess time will tell.

Edited by dizzyd
  • Useful 2

Apparently old Ger has filed for divorce.   Theresa said she live near either of her kids…stay in Jersey near her daughter or move to South Carolina near her son and his family.  Ger claimed he had always wanted to live in Sough Carolina, but when push came to shove, I guess he couldn’t commit,

@dizzyd  The interviews Joey and. Kelsey have given also seem to be weird toneally.  I would be surprised if they break up soon.  

• Like 2

Why do we even bother rooting for relationships in The Bachelor franchise? The success stories are few and far between. 

I was so charmed by The Golden Bachelor concept, but it turns out it's all bull💩 no matter the age.

I'm sure ABC pressured them to get married within months of the final rose because they wanted to take advantage of the hype. I at least hope Teresa and Gerry (more Teresa than Gerry) were in on the ruse. Good on her for having a prenup! 

I'm curious as to the reason why. Whatever it is, I lean toward him being the more disingenuous of the two because she comes off as the more responsible one. She likely wasn't going to put up with his 💩 and he knew it. Guess he should've picked Leslie after all.  

• Like 8

I never liked Jerry with his too ready tears and fickle emotions where he can be madly in love with Leslie one day and then drop her the next,  after Teresa knocks his socks off in bed.

Still, I don't see Teresa as an innocent either.  I think she's extremely competitive and was more about winning the final rose and sticking it to the others, than about spending her life with Jerry.  No woman who is over at her daughter's house every single day is going to move to another state so she can sit by the pond with Jerry.

• Like 17
12 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

I never liked Jerry with his too ready tears and fickle emotions where he can be madly in love with Leslie one day and then drop her the next,  after Teresa knocks his socks off in bed.

Still, I don't see Teresa as an innocent either.  I think she's extremely competitive and was more about winning the final rose and sticking it to the others, than about spending her life with Jerry.  No woman who is over at her daughter's house every single day is going to move to another state so she can sit by the pond with Jerry.

She only agreed to move to South Carolina where her son and his family live.  She was clear she wasn’t moving to Gerry’s lake house.  

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Since Gerry is retired, and if he were really in love with Teresa, he wouldn't mind moving to New Jersey. And then they can vacation at his lake house or whatever. 

Women move all the time for their spouses, so I'm happy that Teresa held strong on not wanting to leave her job. People who love their jobs are fortunate, and it would be difficult for her to find a job in a new city at 70 years old. Let's not act like ageism isn't a thing. Gerry's in the more flexible position and could move.

In any case, location is one of the biggest flaws for The Bachelor franchise, and even more so for The Golden Bachelor as these are people who have lives and roots where they currently live. Perhaps for the future, tptb can think about casting people who are local, or at least in surrounding areas, to the (Golden) Bachelor/Bachelorette. Even Faith (third place) didn't want to move from her ranch in Washington. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
(edited)
3 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

Since Gerry is retired, and if he were really in love with Teresa, he wouldn't mind moving to New Jersey. And then they can vacation at his lake house or whatever. 

Women move all the time for their spouses, so I'm happy that Teresa held strong on not wanting to leave her job. People who love their jobs are fortunate, and it would be difficult for her to find a job in a new city at 70 years old. Let's not act like ageism isn't a thing. Gerry's in the more flexible position and could move.

In any case, location is one of the biggest flaws for The Bachelor franchise, and even more so for The Golden Bachelor as these are people who have lives and roots where they currently live. Perhaps for the future, tptb can think about casting people who are local, or at least in surrounding areas, to the (Golden) Bachelor/Bachelorette. Even Faith (third place) didn't want to move from her ranch in Washington. 

Hell, I just moved back to Connecticut from Wisconsin back in August.  Hubby will follow as soon as there is an opening in the CT branch of the business he’s in.  I moved to Wisconsin almost ten years ago, but when I retired, he said we should move back and here we are.

Far as I am concerned, this outcome was surprising to me, but no different than so many of the other relationships that didn’t make it past the honeymoon phase.

Now I wonder what the financial implications are for the two of them with their more complicated finances.

Edited by b2H
6 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

That's a great idea.  They could have the Arizona Bachelor, The New York Bachelorette, etc. I live close to Columbus, a surprisingly big city, I'll bet they could fill a cast from Columbus alone.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

Even the shows that are location-based have terrible track records.  Married At First Sight, Love is Blind.  

Heck, on this season's Married At First Sight, 4 of the 5 couples never even consummated their marriages, despite living together for 8 weeks.

Color me not shocked about G &  T.  

We don't know the real story, although I'm hoping we get more facts, but my hunch is that his DM's were blowing up like crazy, and he was like a kid in a candy store.  Teresa who?

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

As for Ashley and Nick, well I think most people already knew Gerry wasn't so golden and divorce was imminent, lol.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
3 hours ago, alexa said:

As for Ashley and Nick, well I think most people already knew Gerry wasn't so golden and divorce was imminent, lol.  

True. But I find it interesting when somebody from the Bachelor franchise is willing to speak out. I think most of them are afraid of the powers that be of the franchise cutting them off or the fans turning against them if they go against the party line.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

I think he saw he his oats could be out sowing and probably sooner than the ink is dried, he’ll have a girlfriend. He loves “falling in love”.  
I wonder what Teresa’s and grandkids think of all this or if they had major reservations before? 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

April the therapist tells Theresa "I told you so." 

Compress_20240415_170020_0507.jpg

Can you either post a link here or pm me? Thanks.

6 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

Can you either post a link here or pm me? Thanks.

It's on Theresa's Instagram. I posted a screenshot from Reddit that isolated her post. I imagine thousands have responded to her post by now. 

• Like 2
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

It's on Theresa's Instagram. I posted a screenshot from Reddit that isolated her post. I imagine thousands have responded to her post by now. 

I don't peruse Reddit, but how do I find Theresa on Instagram? First and last name?

Never mind. I found it. She posted a lovely message about 10 hours ago thanking everyone for their support.

It really seems as if Gerry was the one who wanted out. I never was a fan of either one, but I do kinda feel bad for Theresa now. 

Edited by ECM1231
  • Like 5

Gerry was the one who filed for the divorce. Theresa was gracious. I can't imagine what she's actually going through now. He seems to have found his inner famewhore playboy, and Theresa crimped his style. She seemed genuinely wanting to find someone.

• Like 4
8 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

April the therapist tells Theresa "I told you so." 

What was it that April told Theresa? It must have been a doozy for her to say "I told you so"...without any explanation of what it was she told her.

8 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

What was it that April told Theresa? It must have been a doozy for her to say "I told you so"...without any explanation of what it was she told her.

Who knows what she said? But she seems justified in her opinion and felt the need to lord it over Theresa. Bad form.

• Like 6