Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Halloween 3: The Guest Who Wouldn’t Leave

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, Snow Apple said:

But she said she fell in the well a month ago so that explanation is out.

I wish they hadn’t specified that so that we would continue to wonder

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, BellaR said:

I think that it is very important that he foot is hurting.. She may still be alive, even though going this long without medical help would be a serious problem.

Well, I would hope that the professionals that came to take away her body would have noticed such a thing.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
10 hours ago, seasons said:

Unpopular opinion here, but I didn’t like anything about this episode, and I didn’t laugh once.

That Sasha and Nico storyline was just lousy , not into it. It was zany kind of humor to me -  yuk.  

And Sam was behaving like such a jerk, it was really surprising to me. And So was Jay, constantly greeting Flower at the seance. Just obnoxious.

So now Carol is dead? That will be sad for Pete’s family especially his grandson.
And Carol being annoying isn’t funny to me at all. It’s just annoying.

Not even sure what to make of Flower falling down the well. Will have to see what you guys think about that.

It's weird because, even though I agree with most of your points (especially about Sasha and Nico and about Carol being annoying), I laughed quite a bit...though mostly at the way the ghosts reacted to the situation. 

I don't like Flower being in the well and agree with @Snow Apple that the fake-out cheapens this story arc. 

• Like 4
4 hours ago, possibilities said:

I wonder how they'll find her. Maybe walking in the woods someone will find her randomly.

That's how Hetty found Crash's head. Also, Hetty once mentioned the old well on the property when she was being interrogated by Pony & Bangs over the missing Crash head case. She said that's where she would have thrown his head if it had been her.

Here's a thought: Hetty pushed Flower down the well because she was forced to room with her last season as punishment for lying to Alberta.

3 hours ago, Skooma said:

As for the ghosts, why would they either until they notice that she sees them?  They didn't see her body first.

Which made me wonder why they didn't at first think maybe Carol can just see ghosts, like Sam. 

3 hours ago, Skooma said:

I can't see that she was buried off site.  Jay didn't run around to another state and back in a half hour or something.  It seemed implied he went to where she was buried on the property.

She wasn't buried there. Sass said they collected "most of her." So someone came and got the body or what was left of it. It's just the site of where she was mauled and they were hoping something she was wearing had fallen off on that spot.

• Like 15
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, Fake Jan Brady said:

Carol asking why ghosts could walk through walls but not fall through furniture made me wonder if she's ever posted here.

It was funny how Sas responded to that question.  Something along the lines of 'it's a mystery so don't question it and process what just happened to you.' 

46 minutes ago, Paloma said:

I don't like Flower being in the well and agree with @Snow Apple that the fake-out cheapens this story arc. 

I understand what you're saying, but I think they can get away with this because Flower is so ditzy that it's highly likely she'd get herself into this kind of situation on the regular!  Hopefully it's a funny story so the payoff of her being stuck will have been worth it!

• Like 8

I think that it is very important that he foot is hurting.. She may still be alive

Her foot still hurts because she died with a sore foot. It's the same as Flower being stoned all the time because she died while she was stoned. Or the car ghost having that giant shard of glass in her forehead, which still hurt when she touched it. You apparently retain whatever condition you were in the moment you died.

• Like 14
  • Useful 4

If ghosts can only walk through things horizontally, I'm thinking if the well is not too deep, someone could point Flower in the direction of the house so she could walk through the earth until she reaches the basement.  Otherwise, I don't see how she's getting out.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

I KNEW she didn't get sucked off! Yay! She's was wandering around and fell in a well. That's such a Flower thing to do. Our own little Jessica McClure (for my GenX peeps 😉).

When Jay walked in holding that shovel, I choke laughed so hard I actually hurt my own throat lol!

Maybe Sam and Jay should tell that 'cool' couple that Sam can see ghosts. She would gain a whole bunch of cool points if it was me. And, I get their freak out but, after they found out Carol died of natural causes, they should love to know a couple that owns a house with such a long and kinda creepy history. I think that couple is one of those 'bored with everything, so you're gonna have to work hard to impress us' kinda people who aren't actually cool, they're supremely boring in fact. They didn't seem to have anything interesting to talk about, even with each other, until they found Carol. 

I laughed a lot at this episode, and I'm anxious to see who finds Flower. Hey, if she's that far away from the house, maybe she's close enough to the neighbor house where Thor's son is, and he's the one that hears her and ends up telling Thor. 😁

• Like 12

Re: Flower getting out of the well...ghosts walk up stairs.  If the livings find out that Flower is in the well, they could put a ladder down and she could climb up, assuming it's not too deep.  Jay could borrow a ladder from the construction guys,  saying he dropped his phone or something 

• Like 14
  • Useful 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, iMonrey said:
9 hours ago, possibilities said:

Maybe they can go horizontally through things, but not vertically-- that would explain why they don't fall through the floors, as well.

This is a real conundrum. Ghosts walk through walls and doors, so if they're 25 feet under ground can they walk through the earth? Not that that would get her anywhere. I like your theory that they don't move through things vertically.

They can also walk up and down the stairs.  So, logically, if they can walk through the earth, Flower should be able to find a stone to step up on, walk around, find another stone higher up and so on, until she gets out.  It must be that either they can walk through soild material only up to a certain thickness, or that it's just Flower being Flower and not realizing some obvious things she can do.

(Didn't see the above post, obviously.)

Edited by shura
  • Like 6

I'm curious to see how Pete reacts when he discovers that Carol died from choking on a doughnut hole.

Will Jay be bullied into making a doughnut hole and a doughnut from the same batter (do they even have a deep fryer)? If Carol agrees that they are the same, will Pete get sucked off?

11 hours ago, phalange said:

Even for Flower, who is stoned half the time, being stuck in a well for a month must really suck.

Crash's head was stuck in a tree for a long time and he didn't go mad.

If they just drop a ladder into the well, Flower should be able to climb out.

• Like 5

I'm glad they let us know at this point that Flower is still out there, instead of keeping us guessing through the whole season.  I'm perfectly fine with this set up.  But I agree that the show people that have been interviewed have gone a bit past "misdirection" on this.  I think most of their statements were vague enough, but the one someone pointed out above, that it was a "significant" character that got sucked off doesn't seem to be anywhere near accurate.

I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who's mind went immediately to Lassie with the well shot!  So here's what I want to see...  the manor hosts a dog show, a Collie gets loose from her owner, runs off, and starts barking at the well.  Please, show, make this happen. 

Donut holes...  is Carol actually right on this?  Are donut holes made of something other than regular donut batter?  Because I'm with her... I'm not a fan of donuts, but I love donut holes. 

I'm with everyone else who sees Carol as a temporary addition to the Ghost cast.  I think she'll be sucked off within a few episodes.  Like Nancy, a little of her goes a long way.  Oh... she's going to be totally creeped out by the basement ghosts.  Her newbie ghost status does give the writers a good opportunity to go back to the ghost rules, though.

Is it a ghost rule that seances only work on Halloween?  I think that's weird, considering Halloween is, relatively speaking, a new holiday.  What would people have done in Thor or Sass's time?  Or in countries that don't do Halloween?

• Like 9
(edited)
10 hours ago, PaulE said:

I hope Carol doesn't stay around too long--she's ghastly. 

Yes to the nth degree!  Get her out of the house stat!  

Flower stuck in a well is disappointing.  It was nice to think she had found closure and was sucked off.  Speaking of, who was sucked off?

Edited by KittenPokerCheater
  • Like 2
(edited)

So much more to unpack here!

12 hours ago, shura said:

They can have Jay use that shovel and fill the well up little by little, this should bring Flower up to the surface.

…especially since Jay and his shovel have already been introduced. 
But the shovel wouldn't be likely to appear again in another episode as a punchline. So, probably not. But great idea!

.....•°¯👻`•• ..👻. ••´¯👻°•.....

12 hours ago, shura said:

And yes, what was up with Jay fake-greeting Flower? That was just weird.

Jay's fake Flower greetings did seem like a comedic Rule Of Three looking for a punchline. 
Even though this isn't a 2-parter, maybe the next episode is going to have a lot of "previously on…" and call backs — including a finally truly funny (or maybe heartwarming) bit with Jay greeting Flower?
Perhaps owing to the Writers Strike and having to compress the season, maybe roughly every 2 episodes were supposed to be 3?

12 hours ago, BellaR said:

I think that it is very important that he[r] foot is hurting.. She may still be alive, even though going this long without medical help would be a serious problem.

Good catch.

2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Her foot still hurts because she died with a sore foot. It's the same as Flower being stoned all the time because she died while she was stoned. Or the car ghost having that giant shard of glass in her forehead, which still hurt when she touched it. You apparently retain whatever condition you were in the moment you died.

Yeah, but why include those lines? 🤔💭
Maybe Carol is on life support?
But presuming Carol is dead:

1 hour ago, appositival said:

Will Jay be bullied into making a doughnut hole and a doughnut from the same batter (do they even have a deep fryer)? If Carol agrees that they are the same, will Pete get sucked off?

…I think that's👆 a fabulous idea, @appositival
except it would be Jay making a donut hole from donut dough so his good ghost buddy Pete could prove they're the same, and Carol getting sucked up would be a bonus.
Or, if Carol's on life support, maybe the donut hole resolution causes Carol to regain consciousness — and ask for donuts.

2 hours ago, cdnalor said:

If ghosts can only walk through things horizontally, I'm thinking if the well is not too deep, someone could point Flower in the direction of the house so she could walk through the earth until she reaches the basement.  Otherwise, I don't see how she's getting out.

I kind of like the idea of Flower wandering into the basement, but then likely Nancy the Annoying Basement Ghost would tell Flower Thor has "moved on" etc. etc. and I don't want that kind of plot line.
But I'd be okay with Flower emerging from the basement as part of a 1960s-style Civil Rights For All Ghosts protest — ending with the basement ghosts just wanting a few amenities for their basement. Like maybe next season, after the restaurant is done and financially profitable, the basement could be renovated?

2 hours ago, Badsamaritan said:

Hey, if she's that far away from the house, maybe she's close enough to the neighbor house where Thor's son is, and he's the one that hears her and ends up telling Thor. 😁

Thor's son getting involved could be cool or fun or heartwarming, but it would require pretty much a whole re-introduction/reminder of Thor's son.
What's his name?

2 hours ago, bad things are bad said:

If the livings find out that Flower is in the well, they could put a ladder down and she could climb up, assuming it's not too deep.  Jay could borrow a ladder from the construction guys,  saying he dropped his phone or something 

Jay getting roped into putting a rope ladder down the well (unavoidable pun) seems pretty easy to play for laughs. 

Or maybe the barn/restaurant renovation will involve the well?

50 minutes ago, chaifan said:

I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who's mind went immediately to Lassie with the well shot!  So here's what I want to see...  the manor hosts a dog show, a Collie gets loose from her owner, runs off, and starts barking at the well.  Please, show, make this happen. 

Lassie barking at Flower down the well works well (pun?) in this post-pandemic era when the proportion of viewers who are now dog owners has ruff-ly tripled. 
But maybe a BnB family with a son named Timmy will arrive, and since children can see ghosts:

14 hours ago, incandescent said:

image.png.321090762375974f401a381ff874b9e8.png

👻👻👻 👻👻👻 👻👻

Edited by shapeshifter
  • LOL 3
(edited)
53 minutes ago, chaifan said:

Donut holes...  is Carol actually right on this?  Are donut holes made of something other than regular donut batter?  Because I'm with her... I'm not a fan of donuts, but I love donut holes. 

I'm with Pete...They're the same thing!

Sometimes I like something in one form but a miniaturized (or super-sized) version of that same thing isn't as good because the proportions aren't the same. Like, say, donut-to-glaze ratio in the case of a full-size donut vs. donut hole. I like chocolate donut holes from Dunkin, but I wouldn't want a full-size donut version of the same (though regular glazed I like in both forms; plain-old boring glazed donuts are my favorite). Or I tried the little chocolate fudge Pop-Tart Bites when they first came out and they just weren't as good as the original, even though the flavor is the same. The proportion of filling to crust to frosting just isn't right. (Another example...miniature Cadbury Creme Eggs, though they grew on me. Or maybe I'm just too old to handle all that sugar in a full-size one anymore.)

Edited by ams1001
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, cdnalor said:

Wells are usually pretty deep to reach underground aquifers or springs.  And this well will be deep because it would make no sense not to have an episode where she is discovered and rescued in humorous fashion.  You aren't going to give away this set-up without the comedic ending to it.

• Like 6

I'm surprised she's lucid enough to know if it's been a month since she fell down there. Maybe she's somehow sobered up a little from whatever her ordeal has been. I wouldn't think she could count to 30 without getting distracted.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
12 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I'm surprised she's lucid enough to know if it's been a month since she fell down there. Maybe she's somehow sobered up a little from whatever her ordeal has been. I wouldn't think she could count to 30 without getting distracted.

Exactly what I was thinking.

At the same time, didn't she confess to someone when she and Thor started dating that some of her forgetfulness was an act? She pretended with him to have forgotten some things so that they could experience "first times" again?

Or did I just walk through Flower?

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

While I was reading the discussions about this episode, I began thinking that perhaps Flower really did get sucked off, and the seance actually summoned her back?  However, because Sam, Jay and the ghosts were interrupted mid-contact, Flower was transported into the well, rather than to Woodstone Manor?  And she mentioned being stuck in there for a month, which to Flower's thought process, could indicate the month she's been gone, albeit not all of it in the well?  This would clear up that Flower actually ascended, and that a ghost actually left.  YMMV

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, chaifan said:

I've made homemade doughnuts. The dough is the same. A round of the dough is cut with a biscuit cutter that also has a smaller round cutter, so you have doughnut and doughnut hole. Doughnuts can be yeast raised (like most glazed doughnuts) or cake doughnuts.image.png.af3d154ff38aedda9307315797c1548c.png

• Like 7
  • Useful 7

I love the Halloween episodes, even when they're in February! I missed the step-brothers costumes but that was a pretty seamless way to get around Rose's pregnancy, this season its like we can all play a game of "how will they cover the bump this week?" 

I'm not all that surprised that Flower is just stuck in a well, I thought it was weird for a main character to get sucked off offscreen with no closure. I can see why this can feel cheap, but I'm interested in seeing where they take this. Especially if we get Flower crawling out of the well ala The Ring! She already has the hair! 

The hijinks with Sam and Jay's cool friends thinking that they killed Carol was great, it just kept getting worse and worse. is Carol going to be sticking around? I hope she gets sucked off soon, maybe after making peace with Pete, a little of her goes a long way. I feel bad for her family, especially her daughter and little Pete. That place is a Martino family death trap. 

Poor Jay is truly the most long suffering man on television. "I guess I'm going to dig up another body because my wife fell down some stairs once." 

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
4 hours ago, chaifan said:

Is it a ghost rule that seances only work on Halloween?  I think that's weird, considering Halloween is, relatively speaking, a new holiday.

An answer form the Library of Congress of all places! I always pronounced it 'Sammich'. This would probably cover Thor's lifetime.

"Yet, the Halloween holiday has its roots in the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain (a Gaelic word pronounced “SAH-win”), a pagan religious celebration to welcome the harvest at the end of summer, when people would light bonfires and wear costumes to ward off ghosts."

https://blogs.loc.gov/headlinesandheroes/2021/10/the-origins-of-halloween-traditions/

• Like 6
  • Useful 4

I have been wondering if time together will allow Pete and Carol to talk things out. If she apologizes and Pete forgives her maybe one, or both of them, will get sucked off. 

Or if Thor tells a woman ( Flower ) that he loves her maybe that will be what he needs to get sucked off. 

I love how this show has us discussing such existential topics as  how can a ghost get out of a well, are donut holes the same as donuts and do seances only work on Halloween.

• Like 3
  • LOL 9
(edited)
7 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Her foot still hurts because she died with a sore foot. It's the same as Flower being stoned all the time because she died while she was stoned. Or the car ghost having that giant shard of glass in her forehead, which still hurt when she touched it.

Same as Isaac still having dysentery "butterflies" in his stomach all the time.

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 5
2 hours ago, BMGepinniw said:

I began thinking that perhaps Flower really did get sucked off, and the seance actually summoned her back?  However, because Sam, Jay and the ghosts were interrupted mid-contact, Flower was transported into the well, rather than to Woodstone Manor? 

Possible, but pretty convoluted, especially given the timeline.  If that was where the writers were going, then I think they wouldn't have included the "month" line. 

I'm taking it as it is - that Flower was never sucked off, that she somehow fell into the well (following the butterfly most likely) and has been down there a month.  Stephanie's boyfriend is most likely the one who got sucked off.  (I'm giggling like a 12 year old just typing that.) 

It would be nice if she's found a nice little treasure trove down there.  Maybe some old gold coins Elias stashed before he had the vault built.  I'd just like a plausible explanation as to how Jay & Sam are paying for everything at this point.  😆  After the episode with Elias's watch, I thought it would be good if every few months they found another valuable item in the estate that could be sold to keep things running. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Nancy said all the basement ghosts were accounted for.

She, perhaps quite deliberately by the writers, said all her "friends" in the basement were accounted for.  So if they had a tiff, or if it's just that he's been spending all his time in the attic since he and Stephanie had their Sixteen Candles moment (odd if Stephanie still sleeps all the time, but maybe she's awake more now that she has someone) so Nancy doesn't consider him a basement ghost anymore, that line creates the way for him to be the one who got sucked off without contradicting what she said.

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
14 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Hetty and Thor are pretty ghastly too when you think about it. The former treated those she considered beneath her like dirt and the latter is literally a mass murderer. We've just gotten used to them is all. It's possible we'll find a softer side of Carol too eventually.

Hetty is growing and changing. She's becoming a better person. It's one of the things that I love about the show.

• Like 10

I would actually like if Flower got a little less spacey. Having a hippie flower child type personality would be enough to give her character interest, without the extremely stoned spaciness.

• Like 4

I like her spaciness, myself - yeah, some of it is an act for various reasons, but I also like when she kinda freaks/weirds the others out whenever she just kinda...drifts into a trance :p. 

But it would be interesting if her time in the well does cause some kind of change to her personality, even if only temporarily. 

5 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Thor's son getting involved could be cool or fun or heartwarming, but it would require pretty much a whole re-introduction/reminder of Thor's son.
What's his name?

Bjorn :). 

• Like 2
  • Wink 1

Flower was in the well all along.  I'm just happy to have her back and honestly, her having fallen down the well and gotten trapped there was a very Flower thing to happen.  But it does make me wonder what everyone saw at the beginning of the season.  To me it looked like something came down more than went up, but we will see.

6 hours ago, chaifan said:

Is it a ghost rule that seances only work on Halloween?  I think that's weird, considering Halloween is, relatively speaking, a new holiday.  What would people have done in Thor or Sass's time?  Or in countries that don't do Halloween?

Halloween as we know it is modern, but it goes back to older wheel of the year traditions (Samhain in particular), marking boundaries between the seasons, like the beginning of winter/the dark half of the year or in some cultures the start of the New Year.  In Thor's time, it would have been the Winter Nights (Vetr-nætr) which was marked by feasting and sacrifices.  As liminal time, it would be a perfect moment to call back spirits.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

I like her spaciness, myself - yeah, some of it is an act for various reasons, but I also like when she kinda freaks/weirds the others out whenever she just kinda...drifts into a trance :p. 

Or goes “Don’t worry, Molly, we are going to find your dog.” :) I mean, it’s not like she is spaced out all the time and about everything.  She has provided factual information and good insight about this and that before, so she could totally be aware about how long she has been in the well.  Or it could be a broken clock is right twice a day situation, too.

I think my favorite scene in the episode was when Carol was trying to figure out which one is Nico and which one is Sasha. “This are our friends Nico and Sasha.” - “Nico and Sasha. (points) Sasha? Sasha?” - “Nico.” - “Nico. Sasha?” - “Sasha.”  I wonder if it was adlibbed, it felt so natural.

And I’ve got to say, Sam and Jay were extremely rude to Carol. It’s not her fault that they invited her by mistake. In fact, she is in their life at all only because Sam invited her to visit in the first place (and then invited her again, and then subscribed to her newsletter…).  And now they stick her alone in the kitchen to guard the donut holes? 

• Like 9
  • Useful 2

Since a poster mentioned a possible way out of the well is to keep walking until she gets into the basement, I'm wondering if there's a connection between the well and the knocking the basement ghosts heard from the water eater.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
17 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

John Reynolds as Nico, Sam and Jay’s Cool Friend 

At first I thought the slowed speech of Nico was supposed to indicate he was under the influence of some drug or medication, but later I realized the actor was doing a hoity-toity dialect. 
John Reynolds has been in a lot of known projects (imdb.com/name/nm6324745)
—but I didn't recognize him.

• Useful 1

This wasn't my favorite episode but I'm thrilled that Flower is still here. Thorfinn was the star of the episode I can't wait to see Flower and Thorfinn reunite.

• Like 4
9 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Which made me wonder why they didn't at first think maybe Carol can just see ghosts, like Sam. 

Because she hadn't seen them before which meant at least something happened.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, appositival said:

I'm curious to see how Pete reacts when he discovers that Carol died from choking on a doughnut hole.

He already knows, she speculated she'd choked on a donut hole and he called it ironic.

5 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Yeah, but why include those lines? 🤔💭

Carol was just throwing out the usual ghost questions: Why don't we fall through our chairs, why does my foot still hurt, etc.

I'm kind of with Carol about donut holes. Not because they come from different machines, but I've never much cared for donuts. They are gooey and sticky and messy. But a bite-size version you can just pop in your mouth would be OK by me.

Also: the packaging indicated the donut holes were from either a company or a shop called "Donutello." LOL.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
51 minutes ago, shura said:

And I’ve got to say, Sam and Jay were extremely rude to Carol.

Even though Carol was annoying the other 2 guests, they shouldn't have been rude to her about it.  They were trying much too hard to impress those guests.  

• Like 10
(edited)
9 hours ago, iMonrey said:

35 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Because she hadn't seen them before which meant at least something happened.

Hmmm. So when Pete and Carol first realized they could see each other, did Pete wonder/know if Carol could see him because she was a ghost too or if it was because she had a near-death experience like Sam’s? 🤔💭🧐💬

Edited by shapeshifter
23 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I'm kind of with Carol about donut holes. Not because they come from different machines, but I've never much cared for donuts. They are gooey and sticky and messy. But a bite-size version you can just pop in your mouth would be OK by me.

Me too. I don't like donuts, but like donut holes. I think they taste different. My theory is it has something to do with the surface area to inside donut ratio. 

This episode was meh for me. I liked a bunch of little things, but it had way too many cringy things for me. I get pretty intense second-hand embarrassment and I wanted to curl up and disappear almost every time Sam talked to the cool couple. Her pumpkin costume to hide her belly was super cute tho.

• Like 4
  • Hugs 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, shura said:

And I’ve got to say, Sam and Jay were extremely rude to Carol. It’s not her fault that they invited her by mistake.

1 hour ago, Chit Chat said:

Even though Carol was annoying the other 2 guests, they shouldn't have been rude to her about it.  They were trying much too hard to impress those guests.  

Since cool, wealthy Nico and Sasha will likely never speak to Sam or Jay again, Sam got what she deserved for being rude to the unhip, older Carol.

But I doubt Sam really learned a lesson from the experience — that not only is being kind is it’s own reward, but it also makes a person appear attractive to the people worthy of notice.

Although I doubt stuck-up Nico and Sasha would appreciate Sam encouraging someone like Carol, so it was probably not the right crowd for Sam to learn that life lesson. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Sam really is Hetty’s descendant.🙃😉

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 4

Confession: I'm still not sure what was supposed to be so great about the cool couple that they wanted to impress them so much.

• Like 8
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 3
11 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Because when she first saw them she messed with Trevor's tie.

• Like 8
3 hours ago, shura said:

Or goes “Don’t worry, Molly, we are going to find your dog.” :) I mean, it’s not like she is spaced out all the time and about everything.  She has provided factual information and good insight about this and that before, so she could totally be aware about how long she has been in the well.  Or it could be a broken clock is right twice a day situation, too.

I think my favorite scene in the episode was when Carol was trying to figure out which one is Nico and which one is Sasha. “This are our friends Nico and Sasha.” - “Nico and Sasha. (points) Sasha? Sasha?” - “Nico.” - “Nico. Sasha?” - “Sasha.”  I wonder if it was adlibbed, it felt so natural.

And I’ve got to say, Sam and Jay were extremely rude to Carol. It’s not her fault that they invited her by mistake. In fact, she is in their life at all only because Sam invited her to visit in the first place (and then invited her again, and then subscribed to her newsletter…).  And now they stick her alone in the kitchen to guard the donut holes? 

I thought Carol was rude to Sam in Father of the Bride so it works both ways. Sam also knows that she cheated on Pete who she likes very much. I think in the last episode of the season Isaac and Nigel will marry and Carol and Pete will make peace.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, Unathletic Club said:

I have been wondering if time together will allow Pete and Carol to talk things out. If she apologizes and Pete forgives her maybe one, or both of them, will get sucked off.

Pete won't be.  You don't mess with success and get rid of your main cast.  And the actor as a male is unlikely to need maternity leave anytime soon.  😉

4 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Yeah I love how she forgets everybody's name constantly.  I love that she is spacey.

3 hours ago, Snow Apple said:

Since a poster mentioned a possible way out of the well is to keep walking until she gets into the basement, I'm wondering if there's a connection between the well and the knocking the basement ghosts heard from the water eater.

Well water heaters bang on their own and the well was shown to be acres and acres away in the middle of the Woodstone woods and isn't a modern day water source for the building.

Edited by Skooma
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, kathyk2 said:

I thought Carol was rude to Sam in Father of the Bride so it works both ways. Sam also knows that she cheated on Pete who she likes very much.

Full disclosure - I did not seem to remember much from that episode, so I rewatched.  Not really, Carol was not rude, she was simply firmly saying no to Sam, who was pushing ideas for her daughter’s wedding.  Then Sam forged Pete’s notes in the “family heirloom” book, which made Carol upset and she became a bit less polite, understandably.  And Sam already knew at that point about her cheating on Pete, it did not seem to be a problem then.  (Fun episode, I did not remember anything about the Pony and Bangs’ investigation or Crash having a major speaking part.) In any case, being rude to someone because they were rude to you is stooping to their level. It’s not great.

2 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Since cool, wealthy Nico and Sasha will likely never speak to Sam or Jay again, Sam got what she deserved for being rude to the unhip, older Carol.

But I doubt Sam really learned a lesson from the experience — that not only is being kind is it’s own reward, but it also makes a person appear attractive to the people worthy of notice.

Although I doubt stuck-up Nico and Sasha would appreciate Sam encouraging someone like Carol, so it was probably not the right crowd for Sam to learn that life lesson. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Sam really is Hetty’s descendant.🙃😉

You know, I know Sasha and Nico are supposed to be that, but I don’t think I can specifically name anything stuck-up that they did.  They kind of walked right into the weirdness - the seance, Sam talking to thin air like a crazy person, then the dead body and Jay with the shovel - and just reacted to it. The closest thing I can think of is when they said that Sam is losing her mind because she is stuck in the middle of nowhere in this creepy hotel, but they are not exactly wrong about the setting here.

As far as Sam really being Hetty’s descendant, maybe only in that Sam didn’t feel that there is anything wrong with expressing her disrespect to someone.  Other than that, Hetty felt that Sam was doing everything wrong. In her words, Sam’s “chances with Nico and Sasha were dead long before Carol was”.

2 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Confession: I'm still not sure what was supposed to be so great about the cool couple that they wanted to impress them so much.

There was something about them being in music and stylists to the stars and an amazing bathroom remodel, and Sam and Jay felt that being around all that would advance their social status somehow. I don’t know. What social status? What are they going to do with it?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1