Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Halloween 3: The Guest Who Wouldn’t Leave

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, BMGepinniw said:

While I was reading the discussions about this episode, I began thinking that perhaps Flower really did get sucked off, and the seance actually summoned her back?  However, because Sam, Jay and the ghosts were interrupted mid-contact, Flower was transported into the well, rather than to Woodstone Manor?  And she mentioned being stuck in there for a month, which to Flower's thought process, could indicate the month she's been gone, albeit not all of it in the well?  This would clear up that Flower actually ascended, and that a ghost actually left.  YMMV

I actually thought this too about the seance did bring her back, but for some reason my first thought was she was brought back alive, but that makes no sense when I think longer.

What is Carol's baggage I wonder?

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, shura said:

I don’t know. What social status? What are they going to do with it?

Attract more paying customers to their Inn? Or is that on hold for the restaurant and due to the cottage burning down?

• Like 2

Maybe Carol doesn’t get sucked off, maybe she goes down on them like Elias.

Either way, I can’t see her sticking around for long. I do like the twist because it will be interesting to see her and Pete interact, but don’t want it for eternity. 

• Like 6
8 hours ago, zoey1996 said:

Attract more paying customers to their Inn? Or is that on hold for the restaurant and due to the cottage burning down?

What cottage?

• Like 2

To add to everyone else, who got sucked off. LOL If Flower is in the well.

Hopefully. Carol's business is how she treated Pete and she goes after.

Sam was pretty rude the entire episode, the ghosts did try to tell her and she snapped at them and didn't want to listen. Then she attacks them again when she does find out.

• Like 5
23 hours ago, appositival said:

I'm curious to see how Pete reacts when he discovers that Carol died from choking on a doughnut hole.

Pete said something along the lines of 'the irony of it all.'  

• Like 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, Trillium said:

Maybe Carol doesn’t get sucked off, maybe she goes down on them like Elias.

Either way, I can’t see her sticking around for long. I do like the twist because it will be interesting to see her and Pete interact, but don’t want it for eternity. 

I don't want Carol sticking around for too long either but I hope she doesn't go down. She's annoying but no more than most humans. She cheated on Pete but he forgave her. Can someone remind me why Pete is still mad at Carol?

Like others, I hope she and Pete make peace with each other and that's her unfinished business and she gets sucked off.

Although if she goes down, it may make for some fun guest appearances like how Elias came back. They can team up to cause trouble for the gang.

Edited by Snow Apple
  • Like 2

I thought Nico and Sasha are social media influencers, and Jay & Sam want to impress them so they get mentioned in their posts.  Or am I remembering this wrong?

• Like 6
13 hours ago, zoey1996 said:

4 hours ago, Neptune said:

What cottage?

4 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Gazebo, maybe??

Sorry, I was confused and mentioned an element in a different show. 

Should just refer to Inn and restaurant.

• Like 3

Maybe Prom Girl wakes up looking for her boyfriend.  No one can find him. 

"Maybe he got sucked off."

"We didn't see anyone get sucked off."

"Oh, no, maybe that wasn't Flower.  She wandered off..."

Search party finds Flower.

I see nothing in what we've been shown that would mean she couldn't climb a ladder out.

I like Flower.  Glad she's alive.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Snow Apple said:

I don't want Carol sticking around for too long either but I hope she doesn't go down. She's annoying but no more than most humans. She cheated on Pete but he forgave her. Can someone remind me why Pete is still mad at Carol?

He wasn't ... until this season.  He totally forgave her in Season 1.

I posted above I had noticed some sudden negative comments about her earlier from Pete this season which seemed out of nowhere at the time and now we know why.  It was to re-con her and Pete so we can have this "comedic set-up" prepared for Pete and Carol together again albeit hopefully briefly.

• Like 5
  • Useful 4
On 2/26/2024 at 9:50 PM, kathyk2 said:

They won't say anything but it is a clever way to hide her pregnancy. I wonder if the filming of next season will be delayed due to Rose recovering from giving birth.

This was exactly the costume my mom wore when she was pregnant with me.   I was born the second week in November :)

• Like 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
20 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Hmmm. So when Pete and Carol first realized they could see each other, did Pete wonder/know if Carol could see him because she was a ghost too or if it was because she had a near-death experience like Sam’s? 🤔💭🧐💬

I wondered about that too, and I wondered why the ghosts immediately assumed Carol was a ghost. They did not realize Jessica (the car ghost) was a ghost until she stepped out of the car. So there's no inherent "ghosts recognize ghosts" power. But as @Lugal pointed out, which I forgot, Carol actually touched them. So that's how they knew she had to be a ghost. Even Sam can't touch them.

6 minutes ago, Skooma said:

I posted above I had noticed some sudden negative comments about her earlier from Pete this season which seemed out of nowhere at the time and now we know why.  It was to re-con her and Pete so we can have this "comedic set-up" prepared for Pete and Carol together again albeit hopefully briefly.

Pete may have said he forgave her back in "Pete's Wife" but it still stings to know she and his best friend were cheating on him. Moreover, if you go back and watch the Pete flashbacks in "Dumb Deaths" and "Ghost Father of the Bride" you can see that Pete and Carol quarreled and fought throughout their whole marriage. They were always badly mismatched. So it's not a retcon that they just rub each other the wrong way. You can go all the way back to the pilot and hear Pete refer to his wife as "that miserable so-and-so" and that was before he even knew about the affair.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Like 6
  • Useful 6
(edited)
On 3/8/2024 at 11:04 AM, KittenPokerCheater said:

Flower stuck in a well is disappointing.  It was nice to think she had found closure and was sucked off.  Speaking of, who was sucked off?

My thought is, she was sucked off. When they held the séance it actually worked but, Flower being Flower, she came back to the wrong spot.

NVM I forgot the "been there a month" thing. :( 

So we still don't know who was sucked off, which is interesting. But I am glad the answered the Flower question so quickly rather than drawing it out. 

I thought this ep was hilarious. I think it's interesting to have Pete's ex around (but only for a short time) just for the affect it will have on poor Pete. It will give a new dynamic as we've not really seen two ghosts who hate each other being stuck together. Oh, and imagine the rage if she then gets sucked off while they're all still there. 

But I don't want her around for long. She and Nancy are way too much. I guess Pete has a type. lol

Edited by Mabinogia
  • Like 4
32 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

You can go all the way back to the pilot and hear Pete refer to his wife as "that miserable so-and-so" and that was before he even knew about the affair.

I think that him learning about the affair was the final straw.  He tends to be so patient and kind but learning of her infidelity really hurt him.  I'm not surprised that he's still angry about it since he didn't get the chance to hash this out with her while he was alive.  It would be difficult to have those feelings of hurt & anger but never be able to express them to the other person.  Now's his chance! 

• Like 7
  • Useful 2

I thought the other ghosts assumed Carol was a ghost since she could see them when she couldn't previously.  It would be a natural assumption since they had experienced that often before - someone dying and being able to suddenly see them.  Their first thought wouldn't be "oh, maybe she hit her head and now she can see us", because that had only happened to them once in the hundreds of years some of them had been there, so not an occurrence they would anticipate or immediately assume.

I don't remember if she touched them before or after they said that, because that would definitely clue them in.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

I am weird as I have a theory that Flower WAS sucked off but just brought back by the chant in a mere unfortunate place? I am not into the mystical magicof seances but I just figured either the summoner has bad GPS or Flower did.

Overall, it was a great episode and a LOT of fun! Worth a rewatch...

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
8 hours ago, Chit Chat said:

I think that him learning about the affair was the final straw.  He tends to be so patient and kind but learning of her infidelity really hurt him.  I'm not surprised that he's still angry about it since he didn't get the chance to hash this out with her while he was alive.  It would be difficult to have those feelings of hurt & anger but never be able to express them to the other person.  Now's his chance! 

I agree with all of this.  People like him get married with the very best of intentions and it probably never occurred to him in life to cheat on her, even though he was unhappy.  And yet I also think that, if Carol were to express genuine remorse for having had an affair, he'd be able to forgive her. 

My fondness for Pete is the reason I hope Carol doesn't hang around--he deserves better than that!

• Like 8
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, PaulE said:

My fondness for Pete is the reason I hope Carol doesn't hang around--he deserves better than that!

Doesn't this show do a lot of heartwarming plots involving personal growth?
Pete is the sort of character I could imagine choosing to forgive Carol because it helps him to be a better person.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
12 hours ago, chaifan said:

I thought Nico and Sasha are social media influencers, and Jay & Sam want to impress them so they get mentioned in their posts.  Or am I remembering this wrong?

They're friends from the city, and the reason Sam and Jay are so obsessed with them loving it is that Nico and Sasha are staying for the weekend to see if they like it up there and want to look for a house.  Sam and Jay never see anyone from their old life since they moved, so if Nico and Sasha bought a second home nearby they'd have people to hang out with sometimes.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 3
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Bastet said:

They're friends from the city, and the reason Sam and Jay are so obsessed with them loving it is that Nico and Sasha are staying for the weekend to see if they like it up there and want to look for a house.  Sam and Jay never see anyone from their old life since they moved, so if Nico and Sasha bought a second home nearby they'd have people to hang out with sometimes.

I reacted to this post with the Sad Face smile because it is sad that Sam and Jay still miss their old city friends and don't really have any current neighbor friends. 

Maybe Nico and Sasha might decided the Halloween choking death mistaken for murder is an interesting thing for them to blog about, and maybe they will buy a second home near Sam & Jay after all. Nico and Sasha could be occasional characters similar to Gladys Kravitz in Bewitched, who see weird stuff happening that we viewers will find highly amusing.

Speaking of Nico: 
Did anyone else first think his manner of speech sound like he was stoned, but then later think it was supposed to reflect an attitude of a bored rich guy who thought his wealth made him too cool?

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
(edited)
21 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Maybe Nico and Sasha might decided the Halloween choking death mistaken for murder is an interesting thing for them to blog about,

Just to be clear, since the original post talked about them as influencers (with that being the reason Sam and Jay wanted to impress them, so they'd publicize the B&B) -- they're not bloggers.  Pete referenced reading their posts as Sam and Jay scroll, but those were just regular social media postings about things like their bathroom remodel.  They're an entertainment industry power couple, a music manager and a stylist to the stars.  It was all about them coming up to stay and check out the area, not just attend the party, to see if they liked it and wanted to buy a house there; that's why Sam and Jay were so obsessed with showing them a good time, not just at the party, but enticing them to do things like apple picking.

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 4
  • Useful 4
On 3/8/2024 at 1:22 PM, zoey1996 said:

Doughnuts can be yeast raised (like most glazed doughnuts) or cake doughnuts.

I’m not a big doughnut fan, but my favorite was the fried cake version. I’ve never seen the yeast version sold as doughnut holes, and suspected Carol’s confusion arose over the difference between the two.

• Useful 3
(edited)
On 3/8/2024 at 1:22 PM, zoey1996 said:

Doughnuts can be yeast raised (like most glazed doughnuts) or cake doughnuts.

2 hours ago, Daff said:

I’m not a big doughnut fan, but my favorite was the fried cake version. I’ve never seen the yeast version sold as doughnut holes, and suspected Carol’s confusion arose over the difference between the two.

Huh. Very interesting.
So.
Since Jay is arguably a gourmet chef, he would have this knowledge (that donuts might be made of a yeast raised dough, while the holes might be made from a quick-bread dough).

And since Pete stormed off in a huff twice in this episode ranting about the donuts and the holes being made from the same dough, perhaps in an episode very soon Jay will share his culinary knowledge of donut dough variances with Pete and Carol (with Sam facilitating the discussion), causing Pete to apologize to Carol, and maybe Pete even saying he understands how his insistence on always being right may have caused Carol to look elsewhere for companionship, resulting in Carol feeling forgiven and being sucked off.

Edited by shapeshifter
replace pronouns with character names to avoid confusion
  • Like 2

Krispy Kreme's doughnut holes are made from the same batter as the doughnuts.  

I suspect Dunkin's donut holes are made from the same batter as their donuts (I don't like Dunkin's donuts, so I don't know for sure).  

Carol clearly brought store-bought donut holes, not homemade ones. 

I'm with Pete -- the holes are the same batter as the doughnuts.

(I know I've spelled doughnuts two different ways -- that's how the shops spell it.)

• Like 10
3 hours ago, Browncoat said:

(I know I've spelled doughnuts two different ways -- that's how the shops spell it.)

When I was in grade school, I read a book, I think it was Florida Cracker, that had a chapter about whether it should be spelled doughnut or donut. Since then, I've usually spelled it doughnut. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Speaking of Nico: 
Did anyone else first think his manner of speech sound like he was stoned

John Reynolds kind of sounds that way in all the roles he plays, tbh.

At least now Sam and Pete can explain to Carol all the weirdness that was going on in "Ghost Father of the Bride," like Sam writing in the scout troop handbook and wanting lilies, etc.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
(edited)
33 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

What will Carol's ghost power be???

People who walk through her will get donut burps.
Or donut hiccups might be funnier.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 2
  • LOL 5
13 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Pete is the sort of character I could imagine choosing to forgive Carol because it helps him to be a better person.

The news of her infidelity is still fairly new, so I can understand Pete's hurt over it.  Maybe they can finally come to terms with what happened in their marriage and Pete can be at peace with that part of his life.  

• Like 6
17 minutes ago, Chit Chat said:

The news of her infidelity is still fairly new, so I can understand Pete's hurt over it. 

Plus, this wiki says Pete married Carol in 1971, and he died in 1985.
So, for 52 years he believed he and Carol were faithful to each other, and for 38 of his ghost years, his belief in their mutual faithfulness probably contributed to his beliefs and character. 
So, yeah, Pete may look, sound, and act like a 41-year-old, but he's been conscious for 79 years. 
Definitely, it could take a while for him to get past the revelation of Carol's infidelity dating back to their early marriage. (I think it did?)

27 minutes ago, Chit Chat said:

Maybe they can finally come to terms with what happened in their marriage and Pete can be at peace with that part of his life.  

Yeah, maybe having Carol there to confront will be what keeps Pete from becoming bitter.

• Like 5
On 3/7/2024 at 9:35 PM, PaulE said:

I always thought Sam could tell the difference between livings and ghosts, but it seems she can't. 

No, Sam is always caught off guard by what she sees and then finds out they are ghosts. She was unaware of the doctor at the hospital, the old couple that crossed the street in front of their car on the way back from the hospital, and almost any ghost in a modern setting unless she could see evidence of how they died (like the guy with an i-beam protruding from his stomach). 

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

Definitely, it could take a while for him to get past the revelation of Carol's infidelity dating back to their early marriage. (I think it did?)

Unless I'm forgetting something, we did not get a timeline on when her affair with Jerry started.

1 hour ago, Chit Chat said:

The news of her infidelity is still fairly new, so I can understand Pete's hurt over it.  Maybe they can finally come to terms with what happened in their marriage and Pete can be at peace with that part of his life.  

He forgave her at the end of the episode in which he found out, but forgiveness is neither simple nor linear, so they can easily write that in that moment, still reeling from the revelation and then hearing Sam read his note from the handbook and seeing Carol apologize - believing it to be the last time he'd ever see her - he forgave her and meant it, but in the time since it has sunk in and festered, so he still has a lot of negative feelings about it that rise to the surface at the mention and certainly sight of her.  So, yeah, them being able to talk about the entirety of their marriage, and the problems that escalated into a situation where she cheated, and with his best friend of all people (which isn't an excuse for that betrayal, just an explanation) can allow Pete to truly come to terms with what happened, and who it happened with.

I don't think they'll keep Carol around for long, which is as it should be, but I hope they write her with more nuance and compassion - more like her first episode - than they did in this one before she gets sucked off.

(And I do hope they'll at least mention poor Laura and Little Pete [I've no doubt we'll hear about Jerry]; Carol's death was played for laughs here, but this is a huge loss for them, and yet another unexpected one for her.)

• Like 8
38 minutes ago, Bastet said:

He forgave her at the end of the episode in which he found out, but forgiveness is neither simple nor linear, so they can easily write that in that moment, still reeling from the revelation and then hearing Sam read his note from the handbook and seeing Carol apologize - believing it to be the last time he'd ever see her - he forgave her and meant it, but in the time since it has sunk in and festered, so he still has a lot of negative feelings about it that rise to the surface at the mention and certainly sight of her. 

I think forgiving her was easier when he assumed he'd never have to see her again. But it wasn't exactly closure. I think now that she is also a ghost, they can hopefully just sit down and talk to each other about what happened. Pete never got the chance to tell her, face to face, how badly the news of her affair hurt him. And she never really got to tell him to his face why she did it. 

I believe that they did truly love each other so their healing can really only happen when they talk to each other directly. Not through letters, not through Sam but sit down, alone and really just open all the old wounds so they can properly heal. 

I hope that is the route they go. I think it will be and that this healing will lead to Carol being sucked off while Pete, assuming he'd go too, ends up staying on Earth. (I don't want that for Pete. If he were real I'd want him to get his closure and the peace of moving on, but he's not, and he only exists for my (our) entertainment, so I hope he sticks around. While not my favorite ghosts, I do adore him and would miss him if he left.)

Though it would be pretty epic of the whole Flower got sucked off was a misdirect and the real suck off is Pete. (It wouldn't explain the light we saw in the cliffhanger, but I am wondering if we ever will get an explanation of that. Maybe it was something other than a suck off. Oh, maybe someone got abducted by aliens lol)

• Like 6
(edited)
22 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

(It wouldn't explain the light we saw in the cliffhanger, but I am wondering if we ever will get an explanation of that. Maybe it was something other than a suck off. Oh, maybe someone got abducted by aliens lol)

I'm pretty sure we'll get a definitive explanation (like Attic Girl Stephanie's boyfriend prom date) but it could be more fun to leave it open-ended and have Jay suspect alien abduction. Whenever Sam, his sister, or a ghost tried tried to be dismissive of Jay for his aliens theory, he could just ask: Well. What about ghosts?

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
6 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Whenever Sam his sister or a ghost tried tried to be dismissive of Jay for his aliens theory, he could just ask: Well. What about ghosts?

Oh, I'd love it if Jay, fed up with being left out of the ghost stuff, ended up making up an invisible to others alien friend. He could convince Sam the light was really an alien beaming down who now lives in their barn and only Jay can see him. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

He could convince Sam the light was really an alien beaming down who now lives in their barn and only Jay can see him. 

This would be cool if he said the alien was named Ozmodiar (from the Simpsons).

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

People keep mentioning Stephanie's boyfriend as the one who was sucked off.  Are we talking about her prom date?  I didn't think he was also there in the mansion.  I thought she got together with one of the Cholera ghosts from the basement, but after the suck-off, Nancy said everyone in the basement was accounted for.  We haven't seen him, but we don't see every ghost in every episode.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Orbert said:

People keep mentioning Stephanie's boyfriend as the one who was sucked off.  Are we talking about her prom date?  I didn't think he was also there in the mansion.  I thought she got together with one of the Cholera ghosts from the basement, but after the suck-off, Nancy said everyone in the basement was accounted for.  We haven't seen him, but we don't see every ghost in every episode.

Yes. Sorry. Prom date. Not bf. I will edit my post now.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Orbert said:

Yes we were talking about the recent cholera boyfriend, not the one when she died.

Crash reported Attic Girl was still there and Nancy went down to the basement to count those cholera ghosts which leaves a possible loophole in the ghost counting regards cholera boyfriend who seemed like he was staying up in the attic now.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Orbert said:

but after the suck-off, Nancy said everyone in the basement was accounted for.

She said all her friends in the basement were accounted for.  So if they had a tiff and she no longer considers him a friend or he'd been staying in the attic ever since he and Stephanie had their Sixteen Candles moment (which would be really boring unless she stays awake more now, which is possible since virtually anything is possible in a made-up world) so Nancy no longer counts him among the basement ghosts, he can be the one who got sucked off without contradicting what Nancy said.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Skooma said:

Yes we were talking about the recent cholera boyfriend, not the one when she died.

It would be interesting to know if Prom Date guy died but didn't become a ghost or didn't die at all somehow. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, Bastet said:

She said all her friends in the basement were accounted for.

That could be an important distinction, and possibly the loophole allowing basement cholera boy to be the one.  Which still contradicts whoever said that it was one of the main ghosts (or something like that), but if it was someone on the actual production or writing team, I'd be willing to allow that as a bit of misdirection.  Obviously they meant for it to be a cliffhanger and/or hadn't figured it out yet anyway, but in either case I could understand them trying to deflect speculation by saying that.  I'd personally get tired of people asking "Who was it?" all the time, when the whole point is that we don't find out until... whenever they choose to reveal it.  If they don't saying anything, people won't stop asking.  If they say that it's not a main cast member, then the amount of care drops dramatically.  So they say it's a main cast member and that keeps people interested over the break.  And it doesn't bother me how much or little truth there is in that answer, because I wouldn't ask or want to know in the first place.  I don't even read episode synopses before broadcast because I prefer to stay as spoiler-free as possible.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
12 hours ago, Orbert said:

Which still contradicts whoever said that it was one of the main ghosts (or something like that), but if it was someone on the actual production or writing team, I'd be willing to allow that as a bit of misdirection.

Joe Port and Joe Wiseman are the show's creators and show-runners. They were the ones giving interviews saying they thought long and hard about who would be sucked off and decided it had to be one of the main ghosts to get the greatest impact. Which (misleadingly) made it sound like Sheila Carrasco's pregnancy wasn't even a factor in their decision. 

I guess technically they got the asked-for drama by making the characters and the audience think that Flower was really gone, but it still irritates me they insisted that she was, in fact, really gone, but open to the idea of her returning somehow, like the Irish maid or the car ghost. It was more than just a misdirect, it was a lie.

• Like 2
On 3/9/2024 at 2:05 PM, Skooma said:

He wasn't ... until this season.  He totally forgave her in Season 1.

I take it as he forgave her in that moment but he has eternity to dwell on the all the negative aspects of their marriage and the signs that they weren't happy and the forgiveness waxes and wanes.

On 3/10/2024 at 7:05 AM, Daff said:

I’ve never seen the yeast version sold as doughnut holes,

Dunkin sells both kinds as Munchkins; the plain glazed donut holes are yeast-risen.  I prefer the yeast-risen ones to the cakey ones and always eat those first when anyone brings a box in to work.

On 3/10/2024 at 9:50 AM, Browncoat said:

Krispy Kreme's doughnut holes are made from the same batter as the doughnuts.  

I suspect Dunkin's donut holes are made from the same batter as their donuts (I don't like Dunkin's donuts, so I don't know for sure).  

They are.  They used to be the actual bits from the middle of regular doughnuts.

18 hours ago, iMonrey said:

It would be interesting to know if Prom Date guy died but didn't become a ghost or didn't die at all somehow. 

I haven't Stephanie's first episode in awhile - she was killed by a crazy guy with an axe or something like that, wasn't she?  Maybe her prom date was faster and got away?

1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Joe Port and Joe Wiseman are the show's creators and show-runners. They were the ones giving interviews saying they thought long and hard about who would be sucked off and decided it had to be one of the main ghosts to get the greatest impact. Which (misleadingly) made it sound like Sheila Carrasco's pregnancy wasn't even a factor in their decision. 

I guess technically they got the asked-for drama by making the characters and the audience think that Flower was really gone, but it still irritates me they insisted that she was, in fact, really gone, but open to the idea of her returning somehow, like the Irish maid or the car ghost. It was more than just a misdirect, it was a lie.

Unless she really was sucked off and returned during the seance but ended up in the well by mistake.  Yeah, I know she said she'd been there for a month, but it's Flower so she could easily have been confused by how much time had passed or even where she was for that amount of time.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

I haven't Stephanie's first episode in awhile - she was killed by a crazy guy with an axe or something like that, wasn't she?  Maybe her prom date was faster and got away?

Chainsaw.  And the killer came up on her side of the car, so, yeah, her prom date could have run away.  And either lived, or died off the property (since they were parked basically in the driveway) when the killer caught up to him.  If off the property, even if he became a ghost his boundaries would be different, so it works that we only see her.  Of course, they've established most who die don't become ghosts, so even if he died right next to her it would still work that we only see her.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

Dunkin sells both kinds as Munchkins

Interesting. I was aware of the doughnut cutter, and was given fried cakes as a kid (holes, too) so I knew that’s where they came from. KC was more of an urban thing, and while I can appreciate the appeal (decadently fresh out of the fryer), I had stopped eating donuts at all by then. 

• Like 2