Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: Part 4

• Start Topic

When Julia's mental health struggles resurface, Navarro brings her to a local facility, promising that this time will be better. Later, Danvers and Navarro confirm the location of Annie's murder – and Danvers levies a harsh punishment on Leah following her act of protest.

Original air date: February 4, 2024

1316x741.webp

I almost feel sorry for him.

• Hugs 1
  • Sad 7

I haven’t pinpointed the problems, but these last 2 eps are losing me, and I want to like this show.

I feel like story/character beats are repeating already, that we’re going too deep and wide on the supernatural stuff, and that no satisfyingly plausible explanation for all this will be possible, esp with just 2 episodes left.

• Like 19
20 minutes ago, pezgirl7 said:

Original air date: February 4, 2024

1316x741.webp

I almost feel sorry for him.

I do feel sorry for him.  Yeah, he's a jerk and you could see this "twist" coming a million miles away but people are usually jerks for a reason and being lonely and unhappy is one of them.  I also found it sad that he spent Christmas Eve alone instead of celebrating with his daughter-in-law and grandson.  

I'm wondering if Navarro's "second sight" (sixth sense?  She can see dead people) plays into what happened between her and Danvers.  Is the ghost of the dead victim going to possess that guy, making him kill himself?  Or will the ghost speak through her, causing the guy to kill himself?  Or do either Navarro or Danvers just shoot the guy right out?

Also, I freakin' hate trigger warnings.  I wish there was a way to opt out of them because I'm tired of having character deaths spoiled for me because they put a suicide warning.  

I'm also trying to figure out the deal with Prior and Danvers.  She's very focused on him but it's not in a Mrs.Robinson way.  Is it a replacement mother/son thing?

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

I really enjoyed this ep. The supernatural/spiritual elements are more prevalent than I expected, but I just decided to embrace that instead of fight it. (I remember when Lost was airing, the creators said that everything would make sense scientifically, so I was irritated when it turned out they were lying.)

Qavvik telling Navarro that she was not alone was fantastic. Love him. I also loved when he seemed to be on the verge of asking her to marry him, but he was just distracting her so he could reset her broken finger.

When Navarro was saying goodbye to her sister after taking her to the center, you just knew that the sister (Julia?) would die. There's something about how these kinds of "final moment" scenes are filmed that make it obvious. Bugs me.

The person under Julia's bed was wearing a cross. Was that the same necklace that Navarro threw out of her car (in the first ep?)? Also, was that supposed to be their dead mother?

I noticed the Teslas parked outside the mining company offices. Made me laugh. Evil company. Evil car company. Do Teslas function well in the cold? 

I loved the scene where Danvers comes to Connelly's motel room and does a little strip tease with her heavy socks. That was cute.

At the end, Navarro's ears are bleeding. I think her eyes were ok, but it looks like she needs to be more careful with them spirits and such. Not sure how one would do that.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
7 minutes ago, Snapdragon said:

I'm also trying to figure out the deal with Prior and Danvers.  She's very focused on him but it's not in a Mrs.Robinson way.  Is it a replacement mother/son thing?

That's what I think.

• Like 8
(edited)
On 2/5/2024 at 4:40 PM, Penman61 said:

I haven’t pinpointed the problems, but these last 2 eps are losing me, and I want to like this show.

I feel like story/character beats are repeating already, that we’re going too deep and wide on the supernatural stuff, and that no satisfyingly plausible explanation for all this will be possible, esp with just 2 episodes left.

I know for me personally, straight-up horror has never been my cup of tea, so while this series always had its suspense and supernatural moments, I'm not wild about the obvious jump scares and this ghost girl/spirit that keeps popping up (although, I am curious to see how she factors in and if the dead scientists had saw her as well at the end.)

Figured Julia was destined for a tragic end, but it was still sad to see what happened and Navarro's reaction to it.  And now she worries that their family is cursed and she is destined to have the same fate. 

Get some more backstory about Danvers time in Anchorage: seems like she rubbed some people the wrong way due to how she treated two officers she deemed incompetent, and that is why Connelly claims he transferred her.  Hmm..., on one hand, I believe Danvers is/will be right about that, but looking at the way she treats Peter, Navarro, and others, I can see it being a case of her going overboard with it, and Connelly actually did have some merit for doing what he did.

Rose actually looks good when she dresses up for Christmas!

I almost felt bad for Hank.  Almost.  I blame it all on John Hawkes!

Leah finally leaves the house.  Have a feeling things might get the dicey the more she gets into the protests and other battles.  Will Danvers be able to make this work?

Nomad from last week has now vanished, but I guess time will tell if he's involved or a red herring.

Whatever issues I might have with the season (although I'm still mainly in the "enjoying it" camp), I still think Jodie Foster is crushing it.  It might sound cliche/damning with obvious/faint praise, but I do love how fearless she is at making Danvers a realistic character who can be damn near unlikable at times, but overall very humane and relatable enough to still be invested in her story.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Like 17

This was the weakest episode of the lot... and I think the writers are confused and lost and haven't found the right balance between the mystery and the lives of our heroes. This episode didn't make us any wiser, felt like a filler...and we have only 2 episodes remaining.
I am not sure what is going on.. but at this point I get "six sense" vibes or something, cause many things do not make sense, and I don't know if it is meant to feel this way or it is just bad writing.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

I'm really happy that Peter made it home for Christmas.  When he and Navarro went out to that Nomad camp, I was afraid it was going to end with a gunfight or the dogs being sicced on them.  

Navarro is a true badass in that even with 3 or 4 guys in a down and dirty fight, she gave as good as she got.  But man - why the hell do that to yourself?  My take is that all of the main characters are punishing themselves in some way.  

The horror aspects of the show don't do it for me.  The screaming ghost thing is so weird.  I'm under the impression that the ghosts are all of murdered/dead women.  The ghost that Navarro saw in the what-ever that not quite a building is called, appeared to have blue hair like her sister.  Maybe like the ghost her sister saw under the bed wearing the cross was their mother?   There seems to be no way that any of that stuff is going to be explained rationally.    And we're going to have to wait TWO weeks for the next episode (insert poop emoji here).  

• Like 6
(edited)
35 minutes ago, 12catcrazy said:

And we're going to have to wait TWO weeks for the next episode (insert poop emoji here).  

Lol this show is getting worse…AND now we’ll have to wait even longer to find out just how shitty it gets?

Correction: Ep 5 streams early this Friday 2/9, not in 2 weeks. 

Edited by Penman61
  • Sad 1
45 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

I know for me personally, straight-up horror has never been my cup of tea, so while this serious always had its suspense and supernatural moments, I'm not wild about the obvious jump scares and this ghost girl/spirit that keeps popping up (although, I am curious to see how she factors in and if the dead scientists had saw her as well at the end.)

I just keep thinking that everything that Navarro is seeing happened after she fell and hit her head on the ice.

The oranges are freaky.  Is this the Godfather?

• Like 4

Has Issa López bitten off more than she can chew?

The overall reviews are correct. The first 2 episodes are OK but the middle ones, not so much. Too much personal dramas with side characters, less police work.

Julia did the same thing like what the Tsalal scientists did - she folded her clothes and arranged them up neatly, before walking off into the oblivion.

It’s strange that Alaska Coast Guard can easily spot a naked, floating Jane Doe in the dark, freezing ocean. Not only that, they also manage to identify her so quickly and call her next of kin. All on the same night??! 😱

Kayla has saved her husband’s contact number as “Prior” in her phone. Hey Props team, do better!

Screen time is wasted on rebellious Leah.

Qavvik is the only one who has a relaxed Christmas eve, like normal people. A guy who reads and loves his dogs, isn’t emotionally and mentally messed up like the rest in Ennis. One thing, please don’t make him the killer! 😆   

7711F76A-DD33-44AB-9B10-6BF8ECDCB443.jpeg

• Like 15
  • LOL 1
23 minutes ago, 12catcrazy said:

And we're going to have to wait TWO weeks for the next episode (insert poop emoji here).  

I thought at the end of the episode 5 preview at the end it said it was airing on Friday (9th) instead of Sunday? I figured they didn't want to compete with the Super Bowl.

• Useful 1
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

I thought at the end of the episode 5 preview at the end it said it was airing on Friday (9th) instead of Sunday? I figured they didn't want to compete with the Super Bowl.

Google says you’re correct. I’ll fix my post. :)

And to be clear, Max will STREAM ep5 early, this Friday. Cable Max shows ep5 at its regular Sunday night slot.

Edited by Penman61
1 hour ago, Zaffy said:

This was the weakest episode of the lot... and I think the writers are confused and lost and haven't found the right balance between the mystery and the lives of our heroes. This episode didn't make us any wiser, felt like a filler...and we have only 2 episodes remaining.
I am not sure what is going on.. but at this point I get "six sense" vibes or something, cause many things do not make sense, and I don't know if it is meant to feel this way or it is just bad writing.

That's where I am too. This was just a lot of personal drama with a few jump scares thrown in. The case hasn't moved forward an inch, it's just more mystery on top of more mystery. I have no idea how they'll wind this up in just two episodes and have no confidence they will do so in any kind of satisfactory manner.

Jodie Foster is eminently watchable somehow but the show overall is a colossal mess.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, peeayebee said:

Do Teslas function well in the cold? 

Better than gas cars; they don’t require a block heater and they go as soon as you press the pedal. However, their range can be cut in half in extreme cold, and they might take longer than usual to charge. But you’re not faced with that dreaded rr-rr-rr sound of a gas car that’s just too cold to start.

• Like 2
  • Useful 7
  • LOL 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, peeayebee said:

I noticed the Teslas parked outside the mining company offices. Made me laugh. Evil company. Evil car company. Do Teslas function well in the cold? 

They function fine. There are a good number of EVs running around Fairbanks. Batteries lose a good chunk of range, but most people aren’t going far in the winter. Everyone has to plug in their ICE vehicles to keep them from freezing up in the cold, except for the EVs, ironically. 

I must admit that the show did not have my full attention last night, but I am throughly confused at the ending. I somehow missed Navarro was notified her sister was dead. I thought she just thought she went missing from the hospital. I need to rewatch but not sure it will hold my attention the second time around either. 😕

Edited by Stealthy
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

The acting is good and I like the scenery and music. But very little is spent on the mystery with the scientists and instead we are spending lots of time showing how each person is miserable in their own depressing way. I don’t mind supernatural but I want more focus on the main case.

• Like 17
3 hours ago, 12catcrazy said:

Navarro is a true badass in that even with 3 or 4 guys in a down and dirty fight, she gave as good as she got.  But man - why the hell do that to yourself? 

Setting aside the fact that when you're angry and sad it can feel really good to hit something, Navarro was definitely punishing herself for not being able to save her sister. It doesn't matter that her sister was probably never going to be saved, at least not without years of heavy therapy and meds that she likely wouldn't have been able to afford. Plus she might be experiencing guilt for feeling the tiniest bit relieved that the agony is over for both of them. Well, until the sister comes back as a ghost and brings some "fresh hell" with her. The dead are never really gone.

• Like 12

5 hours ago, 12catcrazy said:

The ghost that Navarro saw in the what-ever that not quite a building is called, appeared to have blue hair like her sister.

It was a ship. They called it a dredge. I saw the body with the blue hair floating in the water inside the ship -- obviously a vision or ghost or whatever of Navarro's sister -- but I didn't notice the other ghosts having blue hair. 

4 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

It’s strange that Alaska Coast Guard can easily spot a naked, floating Jane Doe in the dark, freezing ocean. Not only that, they also manage to identify her so quickly and call her next of kin. All on the same night??! 

Maybe it's stretching it, but I can buy it. She had bright blue hair, so that might make spotting a body more likely. The blue hair would also make it easier for identification. I can accept that a guy on the Coast Guard ship would recognize her.

Qavvik is the only one who has a relaxed Christmas eve, like normal people.

Don't forget Rose! I don't know how normal she is, but she was having a lovely Christmas. 

• Like 9
20 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

Don't forget Rose! I don't know how normal she is, but she was having a lovely Christmas. 

Am conflicted about Rose - is she human or a ghost? We only see her interacts with Navarro, not other characters. And we know Navarro is not a reliable narrator.

Back in S04•E01, up on the ice, we saw Liz walked right pass Rose without acknowledging her. Only Navarro talked to her. Peter mentioned Rose’s name but we didn’t witness any interaction between them. It’s weird… 🤨

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Useful 11
14 hours ago, Snapdragon said:

I mean she's not coddling him.  She really tests his loyalty.  Her own son didn't seem to have gotten old enough that she piled chores upon chores on him.

So on Christmas Eve she sends Pete and Navarro on a possibly dangerous mission while she gets drunk and goes out for a booty call.

Hank was played but did he really expect his Russian bride to get busy with him in the bed full of rose petals on the very night she was suppose to arrive after some intercontinental flight?  Well maybe she was from the part of Russia that some people in Alaska could see.

Yeah I get that the TD formula is to delve into the personal lives of the detectives but it's a difficult balance, between the case plot which draws in the viewers and the personal, soap opera-ish stuff.

Maybe the point of all this angst and loneliness of Navarro and Danvers is that they're still driven to put the case down, when they easily could have let it go, just shrug or dump it on some other agency in Anchorage or call in the FBI.

• Like 6

This show doesn't know what it wants to be, and it is failing on all fronts despite compelling performances. 

If Danvers is using the young cop as a surrogate son, she's an even shittier parent than I thought.

The oranges remind me of The Changeling and the rubber ball.

• Like 4
9 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

Am conflicted about Rose - is she human or a ghost? We only see her interacts with Navarro, not other characters. And we know Navarro is not a reliable narrator.

Back in S04•E01, up on the ice, we saw Liz walked right pass Rose without acknowledging her. Only Navarro talked to her. Peter mentioned Rose’s name but we didn’t witness any interaction between them. It’s weird… 🤨

Hmm. That's interesting. I never noticed Rose only interacting with Navarro, but she was the one who called in discovering the Corpsicle.

1 hour ago, aghst said:

Hank was played but did he really expect his Russian bride to get busy with him in the bed full of rose petals on the very night she was suppose to arrive after some intercontinental flight?  Well maybe she was from the part of Russia that some people in Alaska could see.

😆

I did feel bad for Hank. He's not a great person, but still, it was sad seeing him standing out in the snow holding the teddy bear, all expectant. It's always amazing to me how some people are easily scammed. 

• Like 7
17 hours ago, Penman61 said:

I really liked the first two episodes, but the last too were repetitive. Jodie Foster is always amazing and I will watch her in anything.  If she wasn't in it, I would be bailing on this show.  I'm hoping the final two episodes redeem the series.

• Like 8
(edited)

These people don't need to solve mysteries, they need all the therapy that has never existed. I have mostly enjoyed getting to know the people and the town but now its like "are we going to solve this case any time soon?" because it feels like its been all personal drama all the time, which is a real issue when you only have so many episodes. I know that previous seasons, including the really good ones, had a ton of personal stuff too, but that was usually limited to just the two main characters and things that connected with the case, plus previous seasons had eight episodes while this one only has six. Its only two more episodes, but those two extra episodes can do a whole lot. The last season that had so many characters and their personal drama was season 2, which honestly I found unwatchable. 

Its hard to watch every person in this show not only being miserable, but also doing everything they can to make everyone else around them miserable too. Maybe the real Night Country were the enemies you made along the way?

I still think that we're going to find out that the reason for all of the deaths is going to be poison in the water, and that caused hallucinations, violent reactions, seizures, and that's why the scientists died and why everyone has been so weird. That will be the official story, but really this town is just crazy haunted. I actually don't mind the supernatural elements, they're creepy and interesting, but it does mean end up pulling even more of our focus away from the detecting. It also seems like the show is mainly interested in the murder of Annie and not in the scientists, despite that horror show having been what most of the marketing was based around. 

I'm still here for the show, I am mostly still having a good creepy timer, but hopefully it picks up soon.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Like 10
(edited)
18 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Maybe the real Night Country were the enemies you made along the way?

Excellent line.  Well done.

Regarding the poorer reviews in the thread of the episode and the series, I guess I'm seeing the faults but I'm not caring in this particular case.  I am a bit annoyed that everyone is so miserable, sure.  But the fact that it's about the humans and not the case hasn't bothered me, because the acting is really good.  I could have had similar issues with Murder at the End of the World. 

Spoiler

The AI did it?  Really?  FFS.

But this, as with that -  I still think it's a great piece of entertainment.

I just think I'm generally less negative about the whole thing.

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, peeayebee said:

It was a ship. They called it a dredge. I saw the body with the blue hair floating in the water inside the ship -- obviously a vision or ghost or whatever of Navarro's sister -- but I didn't notice the other ghosts having blue hair. 

It's a dredge.  They process sediment to locate ore.  Probably related to whatever is being mined.  They are so big that they are often just abandoned when they are no longer needed.  I've seen a big one like that in Idaho.

If the Coast Guard found a body, they would have taken fingerprints.  She probably had been picked up for disturbing the peace before.

• Like 1
  • Useful 6
10 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

If the Coast Guard found a body, they would have taken fingerprints.  She probably had been picked up for disturbing the peace before.

Also, it's a relatively small town so it's possible that someone on the Coast Guard knows Navarro and her sister, so was able to make the ID.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
17 hours ago, 12catcrazy said:

Navarro is a true badass in that even with 3 or 4 guys in a down and dirty fight, she gave as good as she got.

She apparently also has stereotypical TV fight healing powers. She got the living crap beat out of her, her face was bloody and pummeled, but the next day, she looked fine. A bit red, perhaps, but hardly perceptible. In fact when Danvers asked "What the hell happened to you" I wondered what she meant. She looked fine to me.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Lassus said:

I am a bit annoyed that everyone is so miserable, sure.

This reminds me of a Foreign Service friend who was chief of station in Iceland for two years. She said everyone, including her and her husband, drank heavily and grew depressed during the long, cold wintertime. These days there are probably better accommodations and services to help mitigate that.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

I can believe people getting depressed as hell with weeks and weeks of mostly darkness.   People have more depression in the winter with the early darkness in the lower 48.

As for focusing on all the personal trauma, you've got to realize that all the action is happening in less than a week and its Christmas week at that.   It isn't as if we're watching months of the characters having screwed up lives but we're getting the idea of how they came to be so miserable in a condensed period of time.   Maybe the young cop needs to look at the three other cops and realize that he might still have a way out.  

Haven't we seen Navarro drinking water from a tap?  My hunch is that the mine is poisoning people and maybe some people are getting mental illness from it.  I think there will be a "catch" where the viewers will have to decide whether Navarro can really see dead people or that her visions are all products of being poisoned in some way.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
14 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

In the first episode, towards the end, Danvers is called about the discovery of bodies and is told that Rose had found them. 

• Like 6
6 hours ago, monakane said:

I really liked the first two episodes, but the last too were repetitive. Jodie Foster is always amazing and I will watch her in anything.  If she wasn't in it, I would be bailing on this show.  I'm hoping the final two episodes redeem the series.

I think I like the show because Jodie Foster is so f-ing good!  I really could watch her do anything.

I re-watched the first 3 episodes and I’m starting to be able to put some pieces together.  Still not understanding everything.

• Like 7
6 hours ago, Lassus said:

Excellent line.  Well done.

Regarding the poorer reviews in the thread of the episode and the series, I guess I'm seeing the faults but I'm not caring in this particular case.  I am a bit annoyed that everyone is so miserable, sure.  But the fact that it's about the humans and not the case hasn't bothered me, because the acting is really good.  I could have had similar issues with Murder at the End of the World. 

But this, as with that -  I still think it's a great piece of entertainment.

I just think I'm generally less negative about the whole thing.

I've been enjoying this season a lot.  I find it realistic that in a town where most people don't make that much money doing manual labor for a living with harsh weather most of the year, you're going to have a lot of miserable people.  I'm fine with the slower pace for the case and all the delving into the characters' lives and problems. And I'm glad that after a bit of a break, Jodie Foster is acting again (in both this and Nyad).  I am a little worried about the fact that there are only two episodes left but I'm cautiously hopeful that it'll come to a satisfying conclusion (or at least one that isn't terrible).

• Like 6

I loved the scene at the door of the geology teacher - great chemistry between Danvers and Navarro. Then he comes out and growls that it's Christmas. Eve. Cut to them all huddled around the laptops. 

One thing I didn't understand was the rock with the spiral on it that Danvers/Navarro found at Tagaq's. Is it true that Navarro left it at Qavvik's and it is unclear how it wound up in the possession of Tagaq? I read that somewhere. 

I think the rolling orange creeps me out more than the specters Navarro is seeing.

• Like 2

Gosh, they are only a week into the long night and everyone is already crazy.  Everyone is a mess.  (Except Qavvik.  Maybe that means he's the bad guy. LOL)  I guess a theme here is isolation and loneliness and how it's driving everyone insane.  I'm still hoping all the supernatural things can be explained, like it's something in the bad water that's making people see the dead.  I'm still enjoying the show despite the heavy focus on interpersonal relationships since I'm not really a fan of horror.  Things jumping out at 10pm make it kind of hard to sleep.

19 hours ago, iMonrey said:

She apparently also has stereotypical TV fight healing powers. She got the living crap beat out of her, her face was bloody and pummeled, but the next day, she looked fine. A bit red, perhaps, but hardly perceptible. In fact when Danvers asked "What the hell happened to you" I wondered what she meant. She looked fine to me.

She had a black eye, but yeah, you are right that she should have looked more beat up.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Snapdragon said:

but I'm cautiously hopeful that it'll come to a satisfying conclusion (or at least one that isn't terrible).

Me too!  That being said, I am nervously in preparation setting my expectations very low on this.

I am wondering a little if the poisoned mine water is making certain people hallucinate.  Which I would like more than standard supernatural items.  But if it's a supernatural story, it is, and so be it.

Now that I'm speculating I'm also wondering about the ending time frame.  I admit I was expecting a time jump in this or the previous episode so that the ending would be closer to the end of night.  I would be very surprised (and, maybe impressed?) if there wasn't a SIX MONTHS LATER bit at the end, to see everything in daylight.

• Like 1
(edited)

I’m finding it hard to think of anything to say. I’m loving the characters and town but they do not seem to be going anywhere. It looks like that may be why the show is being made, the thing the director, cast, writers want to communicate.  Toxic water seems like the best bet to pull it together. I wonder if the zombie virus thing is a red herring, but why does the one guy return from frozen?

the scene with Leah knesding dough with the three women was so warm by comparison to everything else. 

Edited by Affogato
  • Like 4
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Gosh, they are only a week into the long night and everyone is already crazy.  Everyone is a mess.  (Except Qavvik.  Maybe that means he's the bad guy. LOL)

Don't say that! Take it back!

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

She had a black eye, but yeah, you are right that she should have looked more beat up.

After a beating like that her face should be swollen, not just lightly bruised. But that's typical of TV shows and movies, as I said up above. In reality the injuries would take the character out of action for a good week or more.

Toxic water seems like the best bet to pull it together. 

What doesn't make any sense (to me) is that everyone can see the water coming out of their taps is black. Everyone, even law enforcement. Yet the protestors are treated like hippy extremists. You'd think even the people who worked in the mines and relied on them for a living would want something done about the water. And wouldn't be drinking it.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Like 8
  • Applause 5
50 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

You'd think even the people who worked in the mines and relied on them for a living would want something done about the water. And wouldn't be drinking it.

It would be the easiest case for Erin Brockovich to win. Which makes the mine company look like idiots since all the evident are so obvious and so against them.
But maybe it is not the water, but other things that come from the mines. Could be gases, or micro organisms...or... flies (wink wink).

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

What doesn't make any sense (to me) is that everyone can see the water coming out of their taps is black. Everyone, even law enforcement. Yet the protestors are treated like hippy extremists. You'd think even the people who worked in the mines and relied on them for a living would want something done about the water. And wouldn't be drinking it.

Considering the cost of cookies, bottled water would be really expensive. The cost is because of the cost of shipping. Water is heavy. Would ice snd snow be contaminated? probably.  And melting or distilling requires fuel. Boiling water would be expensive. The zombie virus could be the active agent in both cases, in the ice cores snd entering the water supply via mining. Of course other contaminants could be involved. 

• Like 3

I’m confused! I know Liz, Navarro, Navarro’s boyfriend and the freshman cop, but once other characters pop up, I don’t know who they are or why they’re important.  Maybe I need to rewatch all 4 eps.

I think there is way too much personal drama interfering with the mystery. 
I do like the supernatural aspect but I hope it’s not so over the top that it makes it unbelievable.

• Like 5
(edited)
8 hours ago, Haleth said:

Everyone is a mess.  (Except Qavvik.  Maybe that means he's the bad guy. LOL)

He's SO hot, but then, so is Navarro.🥵

Edited by bilgistic
  • Like 3
4 hours ago, bilgistic said:

He's SO hot, but then, so is Navarro.🥵

He’s the one bright spot in this show.  
I read somewhere, that the last two episodes are good, but I have no idea why the person said that, so it isn’t a spoiler.  

• Like 2

The soundtrack is annoying AF.  And it almost never lets up.   A little silence would go a long way towards establishing they're in the frozen wastes on the edge of the earth.

No way can they wrap this up in a satisfactory way in two episodes.  My guess is the supernatural stuff will prove a red herring, much like Season 1.

If anyone needs me I'll be at The Brick.

• Like 6