Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E24: Christine & David's Wedding Special (Part 2)

• Start Topic

Don’t miss the heartwarming moments as “Christine and David’s Wedding Part 2” unfolds, showcasing the culmination of a love story and the intricate tapestry of relationships within the Brown family on TLC.

Air Date: January 14, 2024

14 minutes ago, mbaywife123 said:

I think it would be fun to bring this back for at least one more season as “Sister wives are doing it for themselves” and cut out the two barnacles.

Unfortunately one of the barnacles is the "star" of his show, so he isn't going anywhere. Another season more Kootie 🤮  

• Like 1
  • Sad 8
  • LOL 3
2 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:The “wives” and kids of the barnacle were the ones  who drove this show. Curly locks was just a means to an end. The wives and kids were the main characters. Barnacle &cry-brows are fully disposable.

(edited)

Yup, that was me who said that.

(Brought over here from the live chat, which I always miss!)

ETA:

I just wanted to ask if anyone knows if they had a honeymoon and where they went if so.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 3

I'm just starting this epi and I'm so happy that not only did Christine find real happiness after ditching the wet noodle, but also that the OG kids, Christine and Janelle are all forever family. Even Douchie McNoodlehead could not kill their bond. Good for them!

One nitpicky thing though, why the hell can't David speak proper English?!? "When she come walkin' down',, and "But when I seen you". WTF?!? It's "when she CAME walking down" and "When I SAW you". Jesus H Christ.

• Like 12
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 5
1 minute ago, surfgirl said:

One nitpicky thing though, why the hell can't David speak proper English?!? "When she come walkin' down',, and "But when I seen you". WTF?!? It's "when she CAME walking down" and "When I SAW you". Jesus H Christ.

LOL, I hear you!  The way he speaks reminds me of some of the Amish I watched on other reality shows.  In their case, though, they only get an 8th grade education.  What's his excuse?

• Like 11
(edited)
9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Was Logan there?  I didn't see him and forgive me if this was discussed somewhere else and I missed it.

You can briefly see him on part 1 on the boat ride and in the group photo with all the 12 Brown kids.

Edited by js9548
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
(edited)

The PDA was a bit much, but everyone there seemed happy.  The two families seemed pleased in each other’s company,  

I did not see Savanah in the bride’s dressing room even though Maddie was definitely in there.  Therefore I was pleased to see Christine grab her and get her on the dance floor during the larger mother  daughter dance. Sometimes I feel she gets left out because she is so much younger than Aspen, MyKelti, Maddie and Logan’s Michelle. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 19
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Truely bringing the rings, rocking her purple hair and dress

It was a jumpsuit - even better!

• Like 17
(edited)

I did not catch a glimpse of Leon at the wedding.  Saw Them on the boat but not at the actual wedding.  Don't recall seeing Garrison at the wedding, either.  I didn't pause on what looked to be an entire family photo to see if I could spot them so maybe they were there.

Still wonder why Gwen wasn't there.  School commitments sound like a lame reason to me, but that's just me.

It might be mean of me but I would not feel bad for Kody at all if seeing Caleb in these celebrations, or anything else related to Christine, is like a knife to the kidneys to him.  

1 hour ago, zenme said:

Christine glowed—despite the dress, but both she and David were happy! I did blush every time she kissed David. Full tongue and all! It  was giving me “teens making out in the backseat of a car” vibes, but good for her! Yes, she was a little inebriated! They looked like they all had a blast!

I liked how she mentioned her 13 kids. Her 6, Janelle’s 6, and Leon.  So, NONE of Robyn’s. 
Mykelti—huuuge attention seeker. 

I fast forwarded through parts and didn't see this.  Can you please tell me when she mentioned the kids?  Like, during what part of the day?  Thanks!

Edited by BnJJ
  • Like 4
2 minutes ago, BnJJ said:

Still wonder why Gwen wasn't there.  School commitments sound like a lame reason to me, but that's just me.

I'm thinking it's a combo of school commitments (organic chemistry midterm is nothing to sneeze at) plus knowing Paedon would be there. Of course Christine wanted her there but she knew in advance and I'm sure Gwen and her mom talked it out. I'm sorry Gwen missed what was a really fun family event including her grandparents being there. 

• Like 14
35 minutes ago, BnJJ said:

I fast forwarded through parts and didn't see this.  Can you please tell me when she mentioned the kids?  Like, during what part of the day?  Thanks!

Yes! I will rewatch as I clean and will post!

• Like 3
(edited)

I know Leon was there. Can anyone tell what brief scenes I can see them in (besides the group photo scene and the boat ride scene)

Edited by js9548
  • Like 1

I have seen Leon in photos so I know they were there, and I think I spotted Logan in a white shirt during the reception.  I didn't spot Garrison but I think I saw him in pictures, too.  It could be that those three simply don't want to be filmed at all anymore, so they were edited out of the show.

It makes me think that we won't see Logan's wedding at all on SW.  If not, good for him, bummer for us. :)

• Like 9
(edited)

Logan, Michelle, Leon, and Audrey don't want to be on the show at all, so I'm sure they avoided the cameras. They were all definitely on the boat ride on the day of the rehearsal. I'm sure they were at the wedding.

At the wedding reception, I did see Leon in a couple of brief flashes, dancing near Christine. You could see Garrison behind Janelle and some attractive brunette woman, during the lap dance scene. (I still can't get over that Christine did that in front of -- well, in front of anyone -- her whole family and the worldwide television audience.)

Here are pictures of my TV screen, that I took with my very old phone. The sun was coming in the window and hitting the TV (which needs to be dusted). Sorry for the quality. I also had to convert them to jpegs, and reduce the quality, so that they wouldn't be too large to post here.

Leon is in the white/light shirt with the darker spots, to our left of Mykelti, who is dancing in the center in a rust colored dress. 

SisterWivesChristineandDavidsWeddingPart2LeonDance1.thumb.jpg.d21888d31f96dd1aedb2da49aeb67824.jpg

Here's Garrison. Sorry for the sunspot (and possible smudge on Garrison's mouth).

SisterWivesChristineandDavidsWeddingPart2GarrisonDance2.thumb.jpg.c1f175563ca99efbbaa42d2e4b3e91d6.jpg

Edited to add:

You can see all 12 of the OG13 kids who attended (Gwendlyn did not) in the family photo (Christine + kids) in this Today Show article on the wedding.

https://www.today.com/popculture/tv/christine-brown-david-woolley-wedding-details-rcna132348

Edited by General Days
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 5
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

I think it would be fun to bring this back for at least one more season as “Sister wives are doing it for themselves” and cut out the two barnacles.

Kootie cutting down trees on land he doesn’t even own !!!

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7

I thought it was lovely to see the children from both sides happy and trying to make connections with each other. No reality show wedding drama but just two people wanting to share a life with each other and the people they love.

• Like 19
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

Because I'm a sap I do hope after some years and softening of feelings that Meri can be included in the group as well. 

I agree. I think it would be awkward for Leon as well, knowing that among the OG's, their Mom isn't included.

• Like 12
11 hours ago, surfgirl said:

I'm just starting this epi and I'm so happy that not only did Christine find real happiness after ditching the wet noodle, but also that the OG kids, Christine and Janelle are all forever family. Even Douchie McNoodlehead could not kill their bond. Good for them!

My late FIL would say, "we was" instead of we were.  I got used to it!

Lovely wedding!  Christine's girls all looked beautiful without upstaging the bride.  Her neckline was a bit low, but she still looked lovely.  

• Like 8

Christine's dress looked better at a distance being filmed than in the close up stills.  It was still not the best style or fit, but she was happy.

I loved David's mother's dress.  I'm glad she was happy to wear sparkle.

• Like 11
12 hours ago, surfgirl said:

why the hell can't David speak proper English?!?

I'm a huge nerd about mechanics in written English, but spoken dialects are a different story. My linguistics professor would say that it is impossible for native speakers to say something wrong -- if it feels right to them, then it's correct in their dialect.

This is not a well educated group of adults. Sounds like maybe David didn't grow up middle class.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 7

The Browns don't speak proper English either (neither vocabulary nor grammar, without even getting into issues of elocution).  They all like to throw around big words and idioms  incorrectly. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, zenme said:

Yes! I will rewatch as I clean and will post!

Oh, goodness, please don't go have a re-watch just for me.

I fast forwarded during their vows (as I was already teary), through some of the PDA moments, and through the lap dance.

Thank you everyone who posted confirmation of Leon (I had seen them on the boat the day before) and Garrison.  Appreciate it!

On another note, "I seen" and "should of" will never be correct to my ears.  What kind of primary schools did people go to where they learned that "should of" is correct??  Gah!

Edited by BnJJ
  • Like 12
  • Applause 1

Can I say " 'Your' is both singular and plural.  If you are referring to something that belongs to more than one person, you still say 'your'.  Not 'you guyses' ". Thanks for coming to my TED Talk. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 12

Ya know, I am also gonna chime in to say how healing this episode felt.  I also think the dress was...meh.  Christine is really pretty and i think something less formal, more "flowy" would have been a better fit for her body and personality, but...i get that she really wanted the whole real wedding dress thing that she didn't get with awful Kody.

And the dress kinda symbolized the feel of the entire event.  Nothing was perfect...and yet...everything was as they wanted it...so...perfect.

It certainly wasn't polish, but it was perfect.

It felt real.  It felt like watching real families coming together.

Haha.  Suck it Kody! ;) 

• Like 17
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3

Also in attendance was Ysabel's boyfriend. Unlike Audrey, Leon, Hunter's Audrey, Michelle, Logan, his face was blurred out in the very brief shots he was in. I completely understand why some family members choose not to be on camera, and I respect them for it. 

I also respect Gwen's choice not to attend, for whatever personal reasons. This board has been pretty respectful of her choice as well, which is refreshing. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
14 hours ago, Yeah No said:

LOL, I hear you!  The way he speaks reminds me of some of the Amish I watched on other reality shows.  In their case, though, they only get an 8th grade education.  What's his excuse?

It’s country. I am from a northeast rural yankee farmer background (eastern New York State) and my parents and their friends talked like that among one another.

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, surfgirl said:

That's a really interesting way to look at linguistics. And yet, why do we have so much focus on learning proper grammar in school?

I don't think there is a lot of emphasis on this any more. But the reason we ought to emphasize it is that informal dialects work great inside of communities, but poorly across communities. It's a positive thing to have a standardized version of a language that people from all regions can speak and understand. This is essential in a written language. It's inevitable, though, that some nonstandard versions will be stigmatized (like New Jersey=violent mobster or Appalachian=ignorant hayseed).

David Woolley does drywall, so his nonstandard grammar won't hurt his business. But if he tried to sell luxury real estate, he would hit a wall. If you want kids to have the freedom to do any job in any region, they need to speak/write the standard dialect in addition to whatever they speak at home.

• Like 17
  • Applause 2
3 hours ago, Absolom said:

I loved David's mother's dress.  I'm glad she was happy to wear sparkle.

Did it look to anyone else like Mrs. Woolley might have been wearing the Temple garment (Mormon underwear) under her dress? There was a distinctive white shirt outline underneath the navy lace at the top of her dress, and it detracted from her otherwise elegant look.

If so, I don't fault her for following her religion. I just wish someone in her family had told her to have the top of the dress lined, so the garment wouldn't show through the lace.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2

Her dress was made like my last MOB dress where the actual lining ends just above the bust line leaving the top of the bodice and sleeves open lace.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

ITA with all the comments of love and well wishes for Christine and David. I had to grab a tissue. Someone mentioned that it was a healing moment, too. It was great hearing the OG kids talk about how wonderful it was to have the family come together again and be the family they are. (without Kody trying to crush everyone's happiness)

I also heard genuine emotional happiness that David's family is like the other half of their family they didn't know they had. I forgot how it was stated. David's family was out-partying them, lol. I loved that. Everyone is happy, celebrating their union. I would like to see at least another season of this show how both families are blending. (without the tumor named Kody)

8 hours ago, Auntie Freeze said:

Janelle looked *stunning* and I loved her little dig about Christine and David watching their grandkids from the porch. That will be their life and with such a huge family, their place will be buzzing with activity. Suck it, Crybrows.

I laughed so hard over that! Thanks Janelle! 

Christine got to dance with her dad. Her mom was there. I also liked that Christine asked that all the women come up and dance together. Awesome that everyone was doing a flash mob moment. Christine recognized it and explained it to David. Such a sincere, sweet moment that caught Christine by surprise. 

Mykelti needs to stop sucking all the air out of the room. Put your obnoxious instigator self away. 

• Like 23
  • LOL 1