Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E24: Christine & David's Wedding Special (Part 2)

• Start Topic

(edited)

I'm in a minority here but that gown was awful. She looked like a tube sock and her head was a big toe poking out from a hole in the bottom. It didn't flatter her figure at all. When was her last fitting, 6 months before the wedding? 

However, Christine herself was a glowing bride and David was certainly happy with how she looked. Since his opinion is the only one that really matters then it's all good.

Finally, please TLC, enough with Kootie and Robyn.  Can Christine not get her own WEDDING EPPIE to herself!  Sheesh. 

Yeah, yeah, save your tomatoes for your BLT's.  😏

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
  • Like 9
(edited)

I'm sort of surprised at all the comments regarding apparel. First off, this was the wedding of Christine's dreams. Most women have planned their wedding in their heads as young children - she never had that, and her first "commitment" ceremony was a disaster from the get go. Not the way I would have styled her, but I'm sure she wanted a "real" 👗 this time around, not one made by Omar the tent maker. I have made a number of wedding/bridesmaid dresses, as well as fitted or restyled many more, and I don't do the final work until as close to the wedding as possible. I'm just thankful she didn't choose a ball gown, or a Penina bustier gown, neither of which would have been inappropriate for her, IMHO. The important thing is, this was her wedding of a life time. 

As far as David's (?) Mom wearing something under her dress, she is perhaps not comfortable with a lot of skin showing through lace. I'm not sure how much knowledge any of these generations of Mormons has about dressing to flatter your best features. (Before they lost weight, none of these OGs dressed well - how they looked was never a priority, except for perhaps Janelle - didn't she work of the compound?) I think the wedding came together beautifully. 

I wish TLC would do a spinoff of the OGs and not renew Sisterwives. The family of tenders just sucks the air out of every scene they are in.

Edited by salvame
  • Like 7
  • Useful 3
10 minutes ago, salvame said:

As far as David's (?) Mom wearing something under her dress, she is perhaps not comfortable with a lot of skin showing through lace. I'm not sure how much knowledge any of these generations of Mormons has about dressing to flatter your best features.

My point was always that someone in her family should have told her to have the topped lined. Whether it is her Temple garment or a self-selected bit of modesty clothing showing through, if someone had lined the lace top with dark blue, the modesty problem would have been solved and/or the garment would have been fully covered.

I don't think she was wrong for being modest. I think her family should have showed her how to accommodate her goal to be modest without detracting from her elegant look.

• Like 10

First, let me say that I am glad that everyone seems happy with the union.  The reunion of the gigantic families (on both sides) was really lovely.

As an old grump, the continuous screaming caused me to turn it off and only watch a few segments.  The lap dance was pretty low class, in my opinion, but as Janelle said, it was their wedding.

Not a fan of the colors at all (the bouquet looked like it was left over flowers from a funeral) nor the venue.  I'm aware that most people think that's beautiful but as a native of the north woods, you couldn't pay me to go there.  I was on a "scenic drive" near Lake Havasu and, lord, it was so depressing.  Scenic was laughable.

And definitely not a fan of the dress at all.

But it wasn't my wedding and the joy was palpable so good for them.  It's clear the kids are all close and hopefully it stays that way.  Although Tony could take a hike. What a slob.

Told you I am an old grump.

• Like 14
  • Sad 1
On 1/18/2024 at 1:31 AM, Yeah No said:

Then again, I look at it this way - it was light years better than her first wedding gown, which was absolutely, hands down the WORST wedding gown I have ever seen in my entire 65 years. 

ITA that Christine's first wedding gown was even worse than (on Golden Girls) Dorothy's wedding dress to Lucas that had what looked like construction paper loops on the bodice of her gown. 

image.thumb.png.64144ee5981eba81cc0e935845abdba6.png

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 9

I thought the dress looked lovely on her and I’m pretty critical of the clothing all of them wear. I think she lost some weight but I think it was gorgeous on her. 

• Like 10

I was re watching the wedding special over the weekend. Regarding the dress, it wasn't my style but she looked a lot better than her first wedding dress. And she loved it so that's all that mattered. Also, I really loved Janelle's dress. Beautiful color and she looked so pretty.  I sincerely hope Janelle gets married again. She deserves it.

Regarding Mykelti, OMG.  She was yelling at people during the photo time. She yelled out something during Aspyn's speech. Dial it down girl!

• Like 9
2 hours ago, applewood said:

I sincerely hope Janelle gets married again. She deserves it.

How does one "deserve" to get married, especially when they have explicitly said it's not something they want? Sounds like a punishment to me, like your mother wishing "someday I hope you have a child just like you." 

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
27 minutes ago, Quof said:

How does one "deserve" to get married, especially when they have explicitly said it's not something they want? Sounds like a punishment to me, like your mother wishing "someday I hope you have a child just like you." 

Sorry. That was probably worded badly. I just meant that IF Janelle wants to get married she deserves someone wonderful. She certainly put up with a lot of s*** with Kody. However, I could see Janelle being happy single as well.

• Like 15

Do we know why Madison was in the wedding party and Savanah wasn't? My honest guess is that Savanah just preferred to be a guest and not have the extra attention given to bridesmaids, but I don't know if that was ever stated anywhere.

• Like 3
50 minutes ago, IvySpice said:

Do we know why Madison was in the wedding party and Savanah wasn't? My honest guess is that Savanah just preferred to be a guest and not have the extra attention given to bridesmaids, but I don't know if that was ever stated anywhere.

There was no formal bridal party, not even a best man or maid/maiden of honor.  Janelle said Christine was not going to follow normal conventions.

The only "role" was played by Truley when she brought up the rings.

• Like 8
2 hours ago, Quof said:

I was an absolute delight as a child, so that would be an amazing thing to wish on people...

I agree that marriage doesn't seem like end game for Janelle. I suspect she's enjoying her freedom. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, IvySpice said:

All of the kids, Christine’s and David’s, and their grandchildren who were there were in the “wedding party”. They didn’t call it that though.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1