Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E10: Re-Lentless Erika

• Start Topic

52 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

what Dorit heard “don’t use the word attack with me or I’ll tell everyone you’re a racist.”

In all fairness, it sort of did sound that way...I get Garcelle is trying to educate Dorit (good luck, she is dim), but I don't think Dorit can learn lessons unless it happens to her, like if she were to meet an antisemetic, then Dorit's light bulb would turn on and she would get it.

Garcelle had her time with Kyle when Kyle said Garcelle did not pay for her auction item in front of others.

Erika seems the most enlightened oddly enough.

• Like 7
  • Useful 3
2 hours ago, janiema said:

But I’m wondering whether one side of the conflict is always Kyle. She may see it as all three never getting along at the same time because she’s almost always part of the dynamic. I believe this was Kyle’s narrative in season 1.

I believe that one will get mad at one then use the other sister has leverage.. I think all 3 do it 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

I like Garcelle, but wordsmithing...upset vs. angry, confront vs. attack...doesn't change what the person is stating. If you call me fluffy, pleasantly plump, chubby...you avoided the dreaded fat word, but still called out that I'm overweight.

Well, at least Denise is sober for this go-round of "what you did to my daughters". She should consider that by bringing it up on tv 4 years later she is forcing the girls to relive the "trauma". IMO they cared little at the time and had/have so many bigger things to deal with...like thier drug addled, sex addict dad has HIV...they spend no time thinking about Erika or her comments.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

Besides not understanding micro aggressions and not caring about how they affect others, Dorit has the unique ability to turn her slights against others into her being the victim.  Every time Dorit does offend others or receives a criticism, she twists the situation so that she seems to be the offended party and needs the apology.  When Garcelle told her that Dorit was making fun of Sutton, Dorit felt "attacked."  She never had to answer to the original statement because she made herself out to be the victim.  Also, I take umbrage with her comment that she would never willingly hurt others....her talking heads are quite pointed and not very nice.  

• Like 9
  • Applause 5

I have to agree watching episodes from years ago was more enjoyable. They drank and yelled and fought with each other, but somehow it was entertaining not dragging me down.  It’s becoming a drag watching this.  I don’t really know why, it’s the same premise,.. obscenely wealthy women yelling at each other. But somethings missing.  Surely The ratings are down.

Hopefully they’re all off on a trip soon.  A change of scenery might help.  

• Like 7

I howled when Garcelle was asking Dorit why she kept calling her by name at lunch when she was the only other party to the conversation. I don't know why but that cut me up.

Erika was not wrong, but she is certainly back to her c#&@y ways, and that is the Erika I abhor. 

Dare I say Sutton actually looked like she was enjoying that date. Is this the guy that she is still seeing? 

• Like 9
  • LOL 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I know what you mean. Kyle and Erika lost a lot of pounds. It’s distracting enough to Crystal that she struggles to be present and to contribute to the discussion.

I thought Crystal looked healthy. If this show is triggering her, and if she’s comparing herself to Erika of all people, then it’s not worth it.

EDIT — I tried posting most of the morning after the site came back up, but they wouldn’t go through for some reason…I hope I don’t end up spamming the board, LOL.

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I howled when Garcelle was asking Dorit why she kept calling her by name at lunch when she was the only other party to the conversation. I don't know why but that cut me up.

Erika was not wrong, but she is certainly back to her c#&@y ways, and that is the Erika I abhor. 

Dare I say Sutton actually looked like she was enjoying that date. Is this the guy that she is still seeing? 

I was laughing at Dorit trying her hardest not to say "Garcelle"  She caught herself a couple of times

Edited by SweetieDarling
wrong word
  • Like 3
  • LOL 5
(edited)

I am only just starting to watch this episode, but I am already tired of Denise once again, and her Mother of the Year act. I remember a scene from years ago where Denise is the one who brought up the comment about the threesome to Sami, and Sami replied that she and her friends were not bothered about it, and actually found it funny. I wish the editors had shown that scene too, after they showed Denise making the comment at the BBQ about Aaron's huge dick.

I also remember a scene from that time period where Denise had posted to social media (Instagram I think) a picture of Aaron in bed sporting an erection. Denise shared that she took it down as one or both of her girls were embarrassed about the picture. 

So Denise, STFU about Ericka's comment. Your daughters were embarrassed at your public obsession of their step father's dick, and your oversharing both comments about it, and pictures of it.  They quite possibly are currently embarrassed by at times your drunken state, and using a past storyline involving them, apparently for a current storyline.  I don't know why Denise is back on my screen, but please get her the hell off of it. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Like 7
  • Applause 3
23 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I am only just starting to watch this episode, but I am already tired of Denise once again, and her Mother of the Year act. I remember a scene from years ago where Denise is the one who brought up the comment about the threesome to Sami, and Sami replied that she and her friends were not bothered about it, and actually found it funny. I wish the editors had shown that scene too, after they showed Denise making the comment at the BBQ about Aaron's huge dick.

I also remember a scene from that time period where Denise had posted to social media (Instagram I think) a picture of Aaron in bed sporting an erection. Denise shared that she took it down as one or both of her girls were embarrassed about the picture. 

So Denise, STFU about Ericka's comment. Your daughters were embarrassed at your public obsession of their step father's dick, and your oversharing both comments about it, and pictures of it.  They quite possibly are currently embarrassed by at times your drunken state, and using a past storyline involving them, apparently for a current storyline.  I don't know why Denise is back on my screen, but please get her the hell off of it. 

Yeah, Denise is only bringing the cringe. She's not cut out to be a housewife and that's all there is to it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Why do I feel like Dorit will hide away for a bit and feel her PTSD coming on in waves after her conversation with Garcelle? Can PK take her on one of his many “business” trips for a sabbatical? We all need a break from her.

Did Kim ask Kyle if she was planning on bringing “anyone” to Kim’s daughter’s wedding??  Why would she ask that if she didn’t already know 1) Mo may already be No Mo’ at that moment and 2) that Morgan Wade is Kyle’s special new friend?  Who asks their long time married sister if she’s bringing a plus 1 to a family wedding??  And Kyle playing it off as if she thought Kim  meant Kathy is stupid.  Why would Kyle “bring” Kathy?  Wouldn’t she already be invited to her niece’s wedding and attend with her own husband or children?  

Denise needs an intervention and Erika needs a muzzle and a few tranquilizer darts in her rump. 

Sutton’s second date seemed better suited to her.  Still haaaating that fake, phony, famewhore matchmaker.

Speaking of Sutton, looks like she will continue to be harassed by surgical nurse/anesthetist woman next week.  I guess her producer told her to pick a fight with everyone’s favorite punching bag so she can claim her fame as a “truth seeker”.  Maybe don’t have public televised conversations about someone’s medical issues until you know WTF you are talking about.  

• Like 18
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

In all fairness, it sort of did sound that way...I get Garcelle is trying to educate Dorit (good luck, she is dim), but I don't think Dorit can learn lessons unless it happens to her, like if she were to meet an antisemetic, then Dorit's light bulb would turn on and she would get it.

Garcelle had her time with Kyle when Kyle said Garcelle did not pay for her auction item in front of others.

Erika seems the most enlightened oddly enough.

I think Garcelle is tired of the microaggressions that she’s most likely had to deal with for most of her life. Dorit’s yapping at Crystal’s party was probably the proverbial straw. Maybe with what’s been going on IRL, Dorit has learned a few things. 

But trying to have a conversation with Dorit — any conversation — is fruitless. She turns everything back on the other person and talks over them. There was no point to that lunch, unless Garcelle got some level of satisfaction later.

As she said, no one has the bandwidth to deal with Dorit.

47 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

Why do I feel like Dorit will hide away for a bit and feel her PTSD coming on in waves after her conversation with Garcelle? Can PK take her on one of his many “business” trips for a sabbatical? We all need a break from her.

Did Kim ask Kyle if she was planning on bringing “anyone” to Kim’s daughter’s wedding??  Why would she ask that if she didn’t already know 1) Mo may already be No Mo’ at that moment and 2) that Morgan Wade is Kyle’s special new friend?  Who asks their long time married sister if she’s bringing a plus 1 to a family wedding??  And Kyle playing it off as if she thought Kim  meant Kathy is stupid.  Why would Kyle “bring” Kathy?  Wouldn’t she already be invited to her niece’s wedding and attend with her own husband or children?  

Denise needs an intervention and Erika needs a muzzle and a few tranquilizer darts in her rump. 

Sutton’s second date seemed better suited to her.  Still haaaating that fake, phony, famewhore matchmaker.

Speaking of Sutton, looks like she will continue to be harassed by surgical nurse/anesthetist woman next week.  I guess her producer told her to pick a fight with everyone’s favorite punching bag so she can claim her fame as a “truth seeker”.  Maybe don’t have public televised conversations about someone’s medical issues until you know WTF you are talking about.  

To me, PK is over the PTSD, not that he ever believed it in the first place. I hope Dorit goes the way of Diana after this season, TBH. She’s annoying, and just trying too damn hard.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
4 hours ago, Pi237 said:

It’s so weird when the conversation ends tense, yet the food just arrived. They cut away. Do they sit there and eat in silence? 🤣

That’s why someone should always broach the subject at hand AFTER they eat.  😉

• LOL 8
5 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

This is always surprising to me. Kim ain't young and just because Halle Berry, JLo and a good number of other celebrities are looking like the fountain of youth visits them nightly doesn't mean a woman looking her age should be such an issue. Everyone ages differently. Hell Justine Bateman looks rough but at the same time what's supposed to be the standard? And are we actually gatekeeping people's looks like that? I'm all about being awed with the over 50 over 60 crowd that kills it but I'm not going to be confused or be jolted about a woman in her 50's or 60's NOT looking 30.. That's just weird. 

Frankly, I am very pleased that Kim is confident enough to let herself look normal on tv.  Her face moves.  She can emote. 

This is always surprising to me. Kim ain't young and just because Halle Berry, JLo and a good number of other celebrities are looking like the fountain of youth visits them nightly doesn't mean a woman looking her age should be such an issue. Everyone ages differently. Hell Justine Bateman looks rough but at the same time what's supposed to be the standard? And are we actually gatekeeping people's looks like that? I'm all about being awed with the over 50 over 60 crowd that kills it but I'm not going to be confused or be jolted about a woman in her 50's or 60's NOT looking 30.. That's just weird. 

Frankly, I am very pleased that Kim is confident enough to let herself look normal on tv.  Her face moves.  She can emote. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I was laughing at Dorit trying her hardest not to say "Garcelle"  She caught herself a couple of times

IMO, Dorit uses people's names in a conversation for two things - one, to try to make her point in a very condescending way (as in "Gar-CELLE" or "Ky-LE", with a condescending, exasperated tone accenting the second syllable), or, two, as a way to pause/delay the conversation to gather her thoughts and come up with a reply - that's when she uses a more calming voice, and will sometimes add a "darling" or "baybay" or some other endearment.  She does this with P.K. quite often.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 14

- I don't understand why Garcelle and Dorit's awkward meeting was necessary. These two don't like each other. I've known it from Garcelle's first season. If I know it, they know it. They will never see eye to eye.

I hope they retreat to their corners and keep it cute from now on. No need for this show to go the way of New York (which I'd stopped watching due to Dorinda's drunken belligerence rather than Ramona's repeated, off-putting tone-deafness.)

- I like Denise, but she's giving major mental health vibes this season. MAJOR. Erika reacted as I knew she would. As I've said in the RHOP threads about Candiace: You can't come for someone and than get upset about how they respond. If you're dealing with a ho-wife armed with a quick and deadly tongue, best think long and hard about poking at that chick if you can't handle the barrage.

- Kyle should allow Kathy to cut her off this time and never attempt to rebuild. Narcs and controllers will play push-pull if you let 'em. This would be the last time I allowed Little Kathy to push me.

- I'm suspicious of Sutton's date. Don't know why. I wonder if we'll see more of him.

• Like 9

Just remembered something that bugged me re Dorit.  Erika was filling her in on the Denise stuff and when Erika mentioned the Sami comment re OnlyFans, Dorit laughed at Erika's shade.  At another woman's child.  Again.  It doesn't matter to ME that Denise's daughter is over 18, Erika threw a fucking fit when her ADULT son was mentioned.  So Dorit has laughed at treatment of Garcelle's son and now Denise's daughter.  I wonder how funny she would find it if her kids, that she is trying to make happen, were laughed at by her coworkers?  Why are the kids of non Fox Force Five fodder for Fox Force Five?  

• Like 18
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
7 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Kim, Kathy, and Kyle will continue to re-live their fractured childhood until they are being spoon-fed and sponge-bathed in assisted living facilities.

Also, they get a lot of attention for it. Their family's conflict is discussed endlessly on these forums, they sell books and make TV shows about it and receive income because of it.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
15 hours ago, nicole21290 said:

Oh, she knows. She's been following an Instagram account about narcs for the past year, regularly and consistently liking posts, including one which explicitly refers to how the oldest golden child can take after the parent in their narcissism, etc.

The  mom was an abusive alcoholic who triangulated and manipulated her daughters.  The dysfunction has continued in their relationships as adults. 

• Like 10
15 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

“I gave up everything for you girls,” is what Big Kathy told them all on a regular basis. Because if you say it often enough, it becomes fact.

Of everything in the show, somehow this was the one that puzzled me the most. She gave up...what, exactly? She was literally putting her kids to work to support her, starting from when they were really young. Kyle even mentioned driving herself to work sometimes. This woman was not giving anything up for anybody!

• Like 10
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Poor Kim, she was clearly the most affected by her mother's tactics. What Big Kathy actually wanted was a viper's nest where all the girls were always fighting and sniping, one-upping each other to see who could get the most of Big Kathy's affections. They're even fighting for that spot after her death. How sad. Make peace and move on - apart.

Dead on. I grew up in this kind of home, with a similar type of mother and also two sisters. My mother did the exact thing. She said she wanted us to be close, it was all about “family” and “blood” but she pitted us against each other constantly. We were always jockeying for position to be in my mother’s good graces. None of us has ever gotten along with each other for a sustained period, even as adults. 

What is surprising is how clueless Kim and Kyle seem to be about their background. They need to look up Adult Children of Alcoholics. It would give them insight and a good start to resolving their problems with themselves and each other. They each seem to have a lot of Laundry List traits. 

20 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

This! I loved that Bravo showed the clips of Denise saying these things. Erika was right and I used to like Denise but I’m kind of glad Erika called her out. 

I thought Erika was nasty, as usual. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 8
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I believe that one will get mad at one then use the other sister has leverage.. I think all 3 do it 

IIRC, there were earlier seasons when Kyle mentioned Kim wasn’t getting along with Kathy. I believe it’s all three of them thanks to the dynamic created by Big Kathy. 

12 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

“I gave up everything for you girls,” is what Big Kathy told them all on a regular basis. Because if you say it often enough, it becomes fact.

My mother use to say she “gave her life to her three girls” and “almost died giving birth” to us. 

• Hugs 7
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

IIRC, there were earlier seasons when Kyle mentioned Kim wasn’t getting along with Kathy. I believe it’s all three of them thanks to the dynamic created by Big Kathy. 

36 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

I know a lot of people are bored by their dynamic, but God help me, I find the Richards sisters' stuff fascinating. So much of these shows are women finding things to fight about and dragging out the fights, sometimes accidentally creating real enemies in the process. But with families like this one, I know it's all real. I don't even have to worry about them destroying their relationship because clearly this is what their life is anyway. A constant dance of shifting 2-on-1 alliances.

Not that there aren't parts of it that I get sick of, like Kyle painting herself as the loyal supportive one who's always nice and no one has her back, but still.

The question was raised of whether Kyle was on the outs more than the other two and while while Kyle being onscreen means we're just going to know about those times more, I wouldn't be surprised if she was. And not because she's worse than the other two. I just can't help but look at them and imagine that Kyle grew up as the ordinary one in the family. 

As I understand it, there's an age gap between Kathy and the other two, and Kathy married into the Hilton family pretty young. That would make her a star in mom's book. Then of the other two, Kim was the really successful child actor, booking jobs all the time--more than Kyle, even though Kyle also worked. So I always get this picture of the other two recognizing each other as successes in the two different areas, while Kyle leaned into being the practical one who was Mom's helper to find her own way of being Mom's #1.

That's why even though I'm often not on Kyle's side, I always root for her a little bit with her sisters. I can't stop seeing her as the also-ran trying still trying to get that spot as an equal with the other two and she's never going to get it.  But I have a tiny bit of respect for her for that, especially when I remember her doing things like marrying the not rich guy she fell in love with.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, sistermagpie said:

Of everything in the show, somehow this was the one that puzzled me the most. She gave up...what, exactly? She was literally putting her kids to work to support her, starting from when they were really young. Kyle even mentioned driving herself to work sometimes. This woman was not giving anything up for anybody!

I believe that Big Kathy was pregnant with "young" Kathy (Kathy Hilton, currently) when she eloped with KH's father.  If I remember correctly from reading "House of Hilton", Big Kathy had aspirations of being an actress at the time.  She later divorced KH's father and married Ken Richards, who was Kyle and Kim's biological father.  After that, she divorced him, and married two more times before she died.  

So, I guess, that because Big Kathy was pregnant and got married young, in her eyes, she "gave up everything" for her daughters.  

That's all I can think of.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, sistermagpie said:

I know a lot of people are bored by their dynamic, but God help me, I find the Richards sisters' stuff fascinating. So much of these shows are women finding things to fight about and dragging out the fights, sometimes accidentally creating real enemies in the process. But with families like this one, I know it's all real. I don't even have to worry about them destroying their relationship because clearly this is what their life is anyway. A constant dance of shifting 2-on-1 alliances.

Not that there aren't parts of it that I get sick of, like Kyle painting herself as the loyal supportive one who's always nice and no one has her back, but still.

The question was raised of whether Kyle was on the outs more than the other two and while while Kyle being onscreen means we're just going to know about those times more, I wouldn't be surprised if she was. And not because she's worse than the other two. I just can't help but look at them and imagine that Kyle grew up as the ordinary one in the family. 

As I understand it, there's an age gap between Kathy and the other two, and Kathy married into the Hilton family pretty young. That would make her a star in mom's book. Then of the other two, Kim was the really successful child actor, booking jobs all the time--more than Kyle, even though Kyle also worked. So I always get this picture of the other two recognizing each other as successes in the two different areas, while Kyle leaned into being the practical one who was Mom's helper to find her own way of being Mom's #1.

That's why even though I'm often not on Kyle's side, I always root for her a little bit with her sisters. I can't stop seeing her as the also-ran trying still trying to get that spot as an equal with the other two and she's never going to get it.  But I have a tiny bit of respect for her for that, especially when I remember her doing things like marrying the not rich guy she fell in love with.

There's five years between Kathy and Kim, and another five years between Kim and Kyle. So, 10 years between oldest and youngest. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
34 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I believe that Big Kathy was pregnant with "young" Kathy (Kathy Hilton, currently) when she eloped with KH's father.  If I remember correctly from reading "House of Hilton", Big Kathy had aspirations of being an actress at the time.  She later divorced KH's father and married Ken Richards, who was Kyle and Kim's biological father.  After that, she divorced him, and married two more times before she died.  

So, I guess, that because Big Kathy was pregnant and got married young, in her eyes, she "gave up everything" for her daughters.  

Sounds about right. More like she chose to have children and not pursue her own acting career (or just wasn't successful enough at it) and blames them for it as if it was a sacrifice for their sakes.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
(edited)

I don’t mind Garcelle letting idiot Dorit have it but not over the word attack. Shame on her for making the show about this! 
I wanted to be team Denise but she is just too stupid to handle herself. Good for Erika for shutting it down. 
It’s time for Kyle and Kim to stop going on about their relationship with Kathy and their mom. It’s been years of this. You stole my goddamn time!
I also don’t want to see any more of Sutton’s silly ass dates. She’s not cute or witty but she clearly thinks she is. 
Sorry, not in on Crystal’s pity party about the other housewives getting skinny. Get off the show if it’s triggering a setback. Also the situation with her brother is weird.  He’s an adult and if he wanted to be with his fiancé he could have. 

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Like 5
  • Applause 3

I grew up with a narcissistic mother with 3 total kids, so I completely get the dynamic here.

It's not just therapy that they need, it's very specific.  For me, I found a therapist in another state (traveled to her) who specializes in Adult children of Narcissistic mothers.  

They need this intensive therapy to move on.  Oh wait, that would mean they wouldn't get to air it all the time and continue the attention.  Never mind.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Just remembered something that bugged me re Dorit.  Erika was filling her in on the Denise stuff and when Erika mentioned the Sami comment re OnlyFans, Dorit laughed at Erika's shade.  At another woman's child.  Again.  It doesn't matter to ME that Denise's daughter is over 18, Erika threw a fucking fit when her ADULT son was mentioned.  So Dorit has laughed at treatment of Garcelle's son and now Denise's daughter.  I wonder how funny she would find it if her kids, that she is trying to make happen, were laughed at by her coworkers?  Why are the kids of non Fox Force Five fodder for Fox Force Five?  

That annoyed me too. Dorit would rather laugh at something inappropriate than stand up to Erika. The first time she laughed was worse since it was at Jax and she laughed along with 3 other adult parents - Vile, BK, and Horse Teeth. That could be why Garcelle hates her guts. I don’t blame her.

While I understand Erika snapping and going off on Denise about Sammi it’s still a shitty low blow considering she lost her mind when Eileen made a comment that wasn’t ill intended about her son.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

If Dorit's only microaggression was to use the word attack, I'd totally get it. It's true various cast members have used that word. However, as a viewer I've noticed Dorit has a pattern of being harsh on Garcelle. She has used the words bully and aggressive. She doesn't use these words for the other women, and Garcelle is literally the last cast member who could accurately be described as someone who's aggressive, a bully, or attacks. They're much more accurate terms for literally any other friend of Dorit's on the show. And I don't remember Dorit ever yelling at another cast member the way she yelled at Garcelle. It's also possible there have been other instances besides these and the cringey race conversation Garcelle referred to. Also, Dorit constantly playing the victim is really annoying. Dorit being called out on having a pattern is not a more hurtful thing than being in the shoes of the person on the receiving end of her pattern. Her apology was such a nonapology too. Some of this reminded me of LVP, except LVP would be much more charming and wouldn't have stepped in it in the first place like Dorit.

Instead of the "I'm sorry if I triggered you. I relate to being marginalized. I wouldn't hurt anyone." stuff, I would have said something more like . . .

"Garcelle, I'm so sorry I hurt your feelings. The word attack gets thrown around in this group, but I know it has a different meaning coming from me to you, especially considering ignorant things I've said in the past. I know you are the last person in the group who would attack anyone. I will do my best to be more mindful of the way I speak to you and the words I use to describe you."

I'm a Denise fan, but how does she not remember what she said about Aaron's business? She wouldn't shut up about it that season. What Erika said was indeed beyond inappropriate, but the way the women treated Denise over the Brandi stuff was even worse imo. They wanted her on trial or something. 

I feel for Crystal dealing with her eating disorder and being around all these itty bitty women. I'm sure it was easier when Erika and Kyle were more curvy. As a woman who can relate with her on this issue, I don't know how she live in Beverly Hills. The town is full of gorgeous, tiny women. I'm sure Crystal gets her fair share of compliments on her gorgeous figure in BH, but I wonder she would struggle less if she lived in a town where the standard wasn't thin as possible. The thinner, the better types are sadly everywhere, but I think if Crystal lived somewhere like Minnesota, her body would be considered perfectly slim and perfect, period. 

I'm not big on dating shows, but I do enjoy seeing Sutton date! Not too much of that at all for me. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
56 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

If Dorit's only microaggression was to use the word attack, I'd totally get it. It's true various cast members have used that word. However, as a viewer I've noticed Dorit has a pattern of being harsh on Garcelle. She has used the words bully and aggressive. She doesn't use these words for the other women, and Garcelle is literally the last cast member who could accurately be described as someone who's aggressive, a bully, or attacks. They're much more accurate terms for literally any other friend of Dorit's on the show. And I don't remember Dorit ever yelling at another cast member the way she yelled at Garcelle. It's also possible there have been other instances besides these and the cringey race conversation Garcelle referred to. Also, Dorit constantly playing the victim is really annoying. Dorit being called out on having a pattern is not a more hurtful thing than being in the shoes of the person on the receiving end of her pattern. Her apology was such a nonapology too. Some of this reminded me of LVP, except LVP would be much more charming and wouldn't have stepped in it in the first place like Dorit.

This is spot on, and Dorit has been doing it to Garcelle for years...and only Garcelle. I remember Dorit at Lisa Rinna's outdoor party saying that Garcelle jabs and jabs her.  Really?  Dorit always comes for Garcelle, not vice versa.  But, I love the fact that Garcelle doesn't put up with it.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
On 1/3/2024 at 8:16 PM, ZettaK said:

Dorit needs to learn how, and where to use, or not use certain words (and not to use them). 

Dorito says she speaks 4 languages. Hopefully,she can be totally literate in ONE.

• Wink 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 8
14 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

I think you are referencing a pot filler. It actually is a faucet, designed so that someone doesn't have to carry a heavy pot of water from the sink to the stovetop. You just put your pot on the stove, pull the arm out and fill it up. I don't have a problem lifting or carrying, so it's not something I personally have ever had in a kitchen, but it's become the "in" thing in high-end kitchens. I always laugh when I see it in the HW kitchens for women I know do not know how to cook. 

OIP.jpg

My sister has one. They are useful. However, at some point you are still going to need to lift the heavy pot and carry it over to the kitchen sink. Can I invent and patent a stove-top drain and become as filthy-rich as Sutton?

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
(edited)

I don't see Karens as women who engage in micro-aggressions. Karens do loud, bold and in-your face aggressions. Dorit is not a Karen, IMO, and I don't know why Garcelle went there. Her argument was much stronger when she avoided labels.

Edited by bencr
because grammar matters.
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3
20 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

“If Kathy and I have an argument, instead of being just between us, all of the sudden, it’s, like, okay, then I’m cut off from Paris.”

And we know that Kyle has always prided herself on being Paris Hilton's aunt. 🙄

• Like 5
  • LOL 5

I didn’t think it was possible, but my dislike of Kyle grows with every scene she is in. What a disgusting, narcissistic piece of victimhood she is. I was however fascinated by the face she was making at Crystal’s party when they were all sitting on the couches - forcing her lips out like a bear eating berries off a bush. What the heck was that all about?! And the constant playing with her stringy hair whilst shouting “What about me?” at the top of her lungs. I find it absolutely delightful that none of the women are biting on her constant attempts to get them to inquire about her marriage and her newest bestie Morgan Wade. Kyle is twisting herself into a pretzel trying to get that to be THE focus of the season and, so far, has failed, failed, failed. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, eXiled said:

- I like Denise, but she's giving major mental health vibes this season. MAJOR. Erika reacted as I knew she would. As I've said in the RHOP threads about Candiace: You can't come for someone and than get upset about how they respond. If you're dealing with a ho-wife armed with a quick and deadly tongue, best think long and hard about poking at that chick if you can't handle the barrage.

I like Denise too, but I agree. Her mental health seems to be in question these days.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
5 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

Sounds about right. More like she chose to have children and not pursue her own acting career (or just wasn't successful enough at it) and blames them for it as if it was a sacrifice for their sakes.

Not to mention, Kim and Kyle's father Ken was still married to his first wife when Big Kathy came along and they started their affair. His marriage ended when Big Kathy got pregnant. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
14 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

When Garcelle told her that Dorit was making fun of Sutton, Dorit felt "attacked."  She never had to answer to the original statement because she made herself out to be the victim.  Also, I take umbrage with her comment that she would never willingly hurt others....her talking heads are quite pointed and not very nice.  

Excellent points. Thank YOU.

Dorit also relishes whenever anyone else (most often, PK) disparages, ridicules or disrespects any of her coworkers. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Don’t want to offend any of you, with regard to unplanned pregnancies: 

Spoiler

I didn’t abort you = I gave up everything/my life for you. 

But also, 😘

• Like 5
(edited)
14 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

The mom was an abusive alcoholic who triangulated and manipulated her daughters. The dysfunction has continued in their relationships as adults. 

And the dysfunction has mutated, like COVID. Just watch “Paris in Love” on Peacock. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

I grew up with a narcissistic mother with 3 total kids, so I completely get the dynamic here.

It's not just therapy that they need, it's very specific.  For me, I found a therapist in another state (traveled to her) who specializes in Adult children of Narcissistic mothers.  

They need this intensive therapy to move on.  Oh wait, that would mean they wouldn't get to air it all the time and continue the attention.  Never mind.

ITA 100%! Same for me. I also found a website called Daughters of Narcissistic Mothers. It was so enlightening, like a bomb going off in my mind when I read it. This and ACA (my mother was also alcoholic) were the two things that showed me that what I experienced wasn't normal and was actually abuse. 

I hope Kyle, Kim and Kathy learn about this. If I knew them personally I would tell them. They are all stuck in the roles they developed as children, roles that helped them survive at the time. These roles and coping behaviors are no longer needed and are causing them harm now. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 6
  • Hugs 3

Crystal is triggered because all the women are thin makes me think she should not be on this show much like Kim when she was drinking/pilling seasons ago she stepped away from the show because it was not good for her.

Crystal does not need the money, why not let the show go? 

Can't Jennifer Tilley fix Sutton up with a nice guy?  I loved her butterfly dress.

Garcelle not liking the word "Attacked," is sort of moot at this point because that is the vernacular of this and all the other HW shows...not saying she does not have the right but she knew the world she was stepping in to and if she does not like Dorit who cares what words she uses, she is sort of a dumb bunny.

Denise once again and seemingly sober going after Erika after we all thought is was resolved so many seasons ago but nope, Denise wants to bring it all back up for no reason and is pissed because Erika is not getting nasty enough until she does and then Denise is offended. What will it take for Denise to move on?

Kyle, cry me a river pulleessee! She and Kim crying over their bat shit crazy narc of a mother forty years later, they just proved to us they are actors (please say it like John Lovitz would say in his SNL skit). Kyle's white shirt and under boob vest reminds me of something or somebody but I cannot think of who, it looked outdated.  Kim looks rough but at least she is healthy (I hope) otherwise why bring her on camera, oh I know it is to show us Kyle has a sister that still likes her, does Kim know she is a pawn?

I dunno, I complain about this show but I cannot quit it, my husband will walk by the tv and say things like, "how do you watch that shit?" or "I can't believe you watch that shit," and "have all of the women had work done?" or my fave, "OMG is that Denise Richards, she was in that movie WIld Things!" 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

The  mom was an abusive alcoholic who triangulated and manipulated her daughters.  The dysfunction has continued in their relationships as adults. 

I would put this show on my to-do list if they could get those 3 women into therapy with a real therapist. Obviously none of them are interested in living a calmer life. Their mother taught them that messy is the way to live and dammit they want to live up to Mommy's plan.

• Like 2
  • Love 2