Type keyword(s) to search

Fashion Police - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I'm glad they're keeping Brad and Giuliana.  I don't really have an opinion about Melissa.  Couldn't stand Joan or Kelly, though, so I have some hope that maybe they'll actually do a fashion-centered show now and not just setups for Joan's lame jokes.

http://www.eonline.com/shows/fashion_police/news/690032/fashion-police-returns-monday-9-reasons-we-re-excited-the-stylish-show-is-back

Each episode of Fashion Police this season will feature two rotating celebrity guests, who will be revealed exclusively on social media. And first up is NeNe Leakes! One word: Bloop!

Margaret Cho will also guest star:  If Nene wasn't enough, the funny lady will also join Brad, Giuliana and Melissa for this year's VMA analysis. We suspect you'll be quoting Monday's show for the next five days.

NeNe was out of her element. Nothing she said was extemporaneous or off the cuff, or, even sincere. I cant say she was reading off cue cards, but she came across as robotic, insincere and programmed to me.

I like Margaret but she was constrained.

Melissa introduced a new segment called What Would Joan Say (or Do, cant remember). Oy. Let your mom rest! And...Melissa's plastic surgery has her morphing into Mama.

Melissa was wearing a highly questionable frock. Jmo.

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 1

Well, I really enjoyed the show.  Laughed out loud a few times with my daughter. 

I don't like Nene but I thought she was kind of fun for the episode.  I wouldn't want to see her as a regular.

Happy to see the show back with Mel, Julianna and Brad.  I'm going to keep watching.

• Love 2

Melissa's plastic surgery was a bit  distracting. I wonder if she just went to Joan's old doctor and are just using his old notes for Melissa?

Melissa did try and had a big old bomb of her one Joanesque joke.  Joan use to start a joke off about how she did some research and you always knew a joke was coming Melissa tried it and it fell flat. 

Anyway it was ok.   I was getting a bit over Nene and her love for Miley.    But Margret Cho was fine, Gulianna didn't bug me and Brad was his usual.

Edited by tom87
  • Love 2

I do like Brad; and when Guiliana is true to herself, and not "on," she's okay.

I'm glad Kelly Osbourne is gone cause I think she is a poseur (but curiously loved/protected by Joan). (Maybe Joan had a soft spot for daughters who have little talent, but some drive?)

NeNe is NoNo

• Love 3

NeNe was terrible, just a waste on this show.  I enjoyed Margaret Cho.  the whole drag queen or real housewive segment went on too long for me.  We really didn't see many fashions from the VMAs.  After all, Miley did 14 costume changes and we only saw three.  I really did not agree with their praise for her silver suspenders outfit.  then again, I may be biased because I found the VMAs so tedious with her as the emcee.  

Brad and Margaret had the best hair. Melissa's and Juliana's hair just looked crunchy and dry and Nene needs a professional wig stylist. She can no longer joke about Kim Z's wigs while wearing those ferrets on her head. Maybe it's because it was the VMAs, but usually the hosts dress better. Other than Brad's suit, it just looked like a regular day at E!

I think Juliana was too restrained. She looked like a deer in headlights during some of Brad and Margaret's jokes like, "They said it, it's okay for me to smile, right?"

• Love 1

And...Melissa's plastic surgery has her morphing into Mama.

Absolutely!  I was channel surfing and saw there was a new Fashion Police episode on, so I popped over.  And swiftly changed the channel as soon as I could get my jaw up off the floor.  Melissa is having plastic surgery to look like her late mom's plastic surgery.  Creepy doesn't really cover it.  I don't think I'll be able to watch another episode if Melissa is on camera.  It made my skin crawl.

• Love 1

Eh. It is what it is, and I'm mostly glad it's back. That said, my one-item wish list for the future:

More fashion, damn it!!

Totally agree. They only covered the looks of about half a dozen people? In an hour?

• Love 3

Had I known Nene was going to be on I would not have watched.  I watched anyway just to see how the overall premise of the show would be set up and my long term support of the show.  I was not impressed, and I will never, ever watch another show with that awful Nene character on. 

• Love 2

I was happy to see the show is back. A couple of thoughts ... I felt that NeNe wasn't loose enough. It was like she had planned how everything would go in her head, so it didn't come out seemingly spontaneous. She wasn't relating to the people around her - rather, she was too busy trying to make it sound like she had planned it. This does not work in comedy, as we all know.

Margaret Cho -- Can we keep her, please? The comedian role works best if you don't shove them in the 'leader' role (like they did with Kathy Griffin). Joan Rivers was able to be the comedian and leader .. because she was Joan and actually KNEW fashion. I'm sorry, but the fact that Cho had the balls to say that a dread-clad Miley definitely smells like weed and patchouli oil (poking fun at Guiliana and the whole scandal) was PRICELESS.

I actually like Melissa and always have. She's good-natured and doesn't take things too far (as her mother often did) but, at the same time, she knows what the spirit of the show should be.

I think with time this will gel. It's never going to be what it was, but that's to be expected. It'll be something different.

• Love 3

I'm glad that the show is back. Overall, I liked it. However, I loved Margaret Cho (I usually like her whenever I come across her on a show). Although Melissa was entertaining, I just couldn't look away when she was on camera as I thought she really looked like Joan. I will continue to watch as I enjoy the format and the snark.

Miss you Joan.

I was happy to see the show is back. A couple of thoughts ... I felt that NeNe wasn't loose enough. It was like she had planned how everything would go in her head, so it didn't come out seemingly spontaneous. She wasn't relating to the people around her - rather, she was too busy trying to make it sound like she had planned it. This does not work in comedy, as we all know.

I thought the same thing.  Its almost as if her dialogue was written before the VMAs aired.  Also, her hair and boobage looked terrible.  Her shoes and makeup were flawless.

Nene irritates me but she had me laughing my ass off a few times, along with Margaret Cho.  Not a good sign that the two guests were the ones who made it worth watching.  I don't mind Guiliana but she reminds me too much of the good old days.  Brad is pointless.  Never was a fan of Melissa.  Keep Margaret and Nene and recast please!

I was shocked to see Melissa. Wow, she really did have her face altered to look like Joan. I know those two were very close, but c'mon!

I didn't really enjoy the show. Too focused on Miley and a select few. BTW, what was with all of the Miley love anyway. I thought she looked terrible and reminded me of one of Joan's last quips, "f*** me Kentucky." Also, giving a pass to Kimye?? WTH?  They looked horrendous!

• Love 1

Seems like the team is meshing a lot better on lastnight's show. Liked bawdy Lisa Rinna as a guest.

Yep, I agree. Well, with the exception of Giuliana, who I have always dis-liked but now have a full-on loathing for. She needs to go; she is horrible. Adds nothing and all she does is try to get up the butt of Lisa Rinna; she acts like they are two mean girls except I don't think Lisa is.  I enjoyed Margaret, Lisa, Melissa and even Brad. Bye bye Giuliana and take your praying mantis body and ET head with you.

• Love 1

I like Margaret too. She  doesn't come off mean but is still funny. 

I think Joan in the later years was trying   to hard to be edgy and started just calling people names and it was not funny any more.

Guilanna go do a fashion show in for the local Chicago station ( sorry Chicagoans).

• Love 1

Margaret Cho was excellent on their premiere show. Very witty woman and quick. Maybe she will be a frequent guest.   I thought the entire show went well.  I love Brad and his fashion sensibilities.  I do not want to ever see Lisa Rinna on my TV again.  She annoys the fuck out of me. 

I especially like that Cho's lines seem somewhat organic. So often comics seem to be hanging in wait to throw out a pre-rehearsed joke and then pause to listen for the rimshot.

I like Margaret too. She doesn't come off mean but is still funny.

I think Joan in the later years was trying to hard to be edgy and started just calling people names and it was not funny any more.

Guilanna go do a fashion show in for the local Chicago station ( sorry Chicagoans).

Honestly, while I always appreciated Joan's informed candor in fashion critique (and, obviously, wish she was still with us), the one thing I do not miss is her out of context stand-up jokes insulting people not on topic (Peter Dinklage, for example). Edited by RealityCowgirl

I caught the second episode so I missed Nene (fine with me).  Love Margaret!  She appeared spontaneous even though we know they get the photos ahead and tell production if they need to get a file photo of someone mentioned in their critique.  I can see her being a frequent guest and maybe joining the cast down the line.   She is fabulous.  

I like Brad, Melissa and Guilianna. They are all witty in their own right. I appreciate Brads input from his fashion sensibilities.   I cannot stand Lisa Rinna but she was a one time guest, thankfully.  It didn't seem like the others gelled with her very well either.  She diverts the attention to herself constantly.  She does this on her housewife show, too.  

Melissa should stop with the plastic surgery.  The same procedures paired with genetics are morphing her into her mother.  

• Love 1

I actually think Melissa's face has settled it didn't look as bad this week.   Either that or the make up and lighting in NY did her so favors.

Boring show this week seemed a waste to be in NY since they really didn't do anything with it.

I was really bored by this episode.  So many of the critiques seemed to consist almost completely of "I liked it" or "I didn't like it" without any detailed explanation of why.   I missed the old comments such as "if she wore a more open shoe", "add a belt", etc.  I could not keep interested through the end.

And I just do not enjoy Nene at all.  She adds nothing to the show.   

• Love 4

I was really bored by this episode.  So many of the critiques seemed to consist almost completely of "I liked it" or "I didn't like it" without any detailed explanation of why.   I missed the old comments such as "if she wore a more open shoe", "add a belt", etc.  I could not keep interested through the end.

And I just do not enjoy Nene at all.  She adds nothing to the show.   

Totally agree.  I can say at home "I like that", "I don't like that."  The question for professionals is WHY?  What would you change?  I feel like the show has taken a big step backwards.  I'm not a Kelly fan but at least she recognized good tailoring and fit.  I liked George and I like Brad; they seem fairly interchangeable.  Giuliana adds nothing.  She can go and take Nene with her.  Mel B and Margaret Cho can stay.

• Love 2

The recurring annoyance for me - especially from Giuliana so far this season - the being 'obsessed' with everything. (A role formerly dominated by their former lilac-haired friend.) She and Brad seem to be stuck in that mode too often in these early shows.

Obsessed? Really? Perfection? Sure about that? Almost everyone they put up on the screen?

• Love 2

I want nothing to do with Nene, either, but it's refreshing when everyone was gushing over just inoffensive looks, Nene will actually say, "It's not her best look; it's not her worst look. It's just OK." 

Melissa offends me most with her uselessness.

It can't be said enough: Margaret Cho. Margaret Cho. Margaret Cho.

Thought both NeNe and Margaret were too much on the Emmy review show.

Tired of them promoting Brad as a stylist, it's as if MelRivers gets a part of his action.

The urgency the show feels to demonstrate they are 'inclusive' is irritating too,

They are gonna lose a couple of viewers if they can't straighten it up.

• Love 1

Tired of them promoting Brad as a stylist, it's as if MelRivers gets a part of his action.

Though, the 2 ladies that he styled looked fabulous. Sarah Hyland was one of my favorites! They got to show them, but they couldn't be in the running for best/worst dressed.

I used to love Margret Cho...but her act is getting a bit tired for me. I really like to hear about fashion, but I find her comments are only a set up for her next joke...and she appears to be reading off a teleprompter.

I found Nene less offensive on the latest show...but who the hell would go to her for fashion advice?

• Love 1

I thought the Mad Men/OITNB comparison went on waaaayyyy too long.  I didn't care for any of the looks - they were all failures to me. 

Having 5 people each giving their opinions of every gown also took way too long.  Also, if they have 5 panelists, they don't need to add a "guest" as well. 

I like the new format - I thought Giuliana was toned down from previous seasons.  I like her opinions but not when she gets "all about me".  And I liked that the show was mostly about the fashion and not as much the "joke-shock-laugh-look away" that was constant previously.  I liked Brad better now than last season too.

• Love 2

This show is humorous but I used to DVR fashion police every friday night. I loved it. It just isn't the same without Joan. I don't mind hearing what the panelists have to say about celebs outfits but the Joan made it so much fun.

I think they should end it.

• Love 3