Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E09: Nothing Vanilla About Anguilla

• Start Topic

I actually care more about this coach vs business class argument than Brynn vs Erin.

That shows how little I care about either Brynn or Erin.

And at this point I’m contemplating that Sai might actually be allergic to fun.

• Like 9
  • LOL 7

"I just love you so much" which is why I calling you a liar in front of everyone. But I feel sooo bad for making you feel exactly how I meant to make you feel. Ugh I can't. If this is the season..snoozer

• Like 17
16 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Waste of an hour.  Zero interesting or funny or anything.

Amen to that!  I was a diehard fan of the original RHONY and excited for this new season, but I am bored out of my mind.

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2

Another forced group encounter.  BORING.  It's obvious these women had no relationship with one another - and were just thrown together for a TV show.  Thus the lack of chemistry.

Whereas the 1st season of RHONY - Alex, Bethenny, Jill, Lu, Ramona set the bar of how to make an iconic debut.  

It's also a testament that their families - Simon, Bobby, Mario, The Count, Ally, Avery, Noel, etc. etc. are remembered by the viewers - more than this new cast.

Edited by escape
  • Like 11
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, escape said:

Another forced group encounter.  BORING.  It's obvious these women had no relationship with one another - and were just thrown together for a TV show.  Thus the lack of chemistry.

Whereas the 1st season of RHONY - Alex, Bethenny, Jill, Lu, Ramona set the tone of how to make an iconic debut.  

It's also a testament that their families - Simon, Bobby, Mario, The Count, Ally, Avery, Noel, etc. etc. are remembered by the viewers - more than this new cast.

Don't forget Rosie - Countess LuAnn's live-in housekeeper/nanny!!!  

I'm lucky if I can remember all of this new group of housewives' names, never mind any of their family members.  

Have the Real Housewives' franchises finally jumped the shark?  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 11
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

So if Jessel understands how tough her parents’ lives were, how can she nag her mother about smudges on the furniture?

Jessel just sucks as a person.  She's a poser and an uncaring narcissist.  The phony condolences to Erin proved that.  And I agree, this show is pretty boring.  

• Like 11
  • Applause 3

The producers keep trying to get them to fight, or cry about their childhoods, because they think that’s what makes a good show. But it’s doesn’t. Conflict that occurs naturally is good, but trying to manufacture it always fails. They don’t have any fun together. When they try, it’s too forced and awkward.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

This entire show is forced and awkward. I tried watching last night but I kept turning the TV to Unsellable Houses. If Bravo can't come up with a better cast for this show maybe it's time to retire RHONY. They let Ebony and Leah put the last nail in the coffin for the original cast and then they bring on this group. Whoever is responsible for this needs to be fired.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, escape said:

Whereas the 1st season of RHONY - Alex, Bethenny, Jill, Lu, Ramona set the bar of how to make an iconic debut.  

Where can we watch the original first season?  Anyone?

I'm not sure how anyone will open up to the ladies, when they are constantly criticizing what Jenna says and does.

Why are they still harping about the plane? Are they mad that cameras wouldn't film while up in the air because Jenna was missing? Are they under the impression that Bravo paid for Business Class for Jenna while everyone else got coach? Were they all too cheap to pay the difference themselves?

I'm thinking besides arriving a day early, Jenna should leave a day early - she needs to get away from the coven of vipers.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

This entire show is forced and awkward. I tried watching last night but I kept turning the TV to Unsellable Houses. If Bravo can't come up with a better cast for this show maybe it's time to retire RHONY. They let Ebony and Leah put the last nail in the coffin for the original cast and then they bring on this group. Whoever is responsible for this needs to be fired.

OMG .. YES !

• Like 3
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I'm not sure how anyone will open up to the ladies, when they are constantly criticizing what Jenna says and does.

Why are they still harping about the plane? Are they mad that cameras wouldn't film while up in the air because Jenna was missing? Are they under the impression that Bravo paid for Business Class for Jenna while everyone else got coach? Were they all too cheap to pay the difference themselves?

I'm thinking besides arriving a day early, Jenna should leave a day early - she needs to get away from the coven of vipers.

For all we know, Bravo may have paid for Jenna’s business class ticket. That may be why the others keep circling back to the topic.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

It doesn’t bother me — they are just getting to know one another.  🤷‍♀️.  Then we get to know them.  I like the pretty scenery and seeing what they wear.  This group is younger than me, so to me, watching them is a bit like a sociology project.   😁

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Jessel tell us about YOUR childhood then proceed to tell everything BUT her childhood.. lol that was kinda funny 

Did anyone else think of Grandpa Simpson telling a story?

giphy.gif

Jessel is neither a master communicator nor a compelling storyteller.  

I got tired of the sob stories.  They poked Jenna until she was upset then did the patented housewife OTT we love you so much, we don't want you to be upset.  Then Sai has to try for her medal in the suffering Olympics.  I'm surprised there wasn't a table nearby for the judges.  Of course, Jessel was a biathlete that shoots herself in the foot, so she is off the podium. 

I understand that the women are getting to know each other and the show is using these discussions as a way for us to get to know them.  However, these are so incredibly inorganic.  They never seem to have fun. 

It was also a very bad look having the women talk about wanting to get Jessel drunk.  Did they not study RHOC in their (obvious) show prep?    

• Like 12
  • Love 1

What is the obsession with getting women drunk on these housewife shows?  Maybe this truly is like a job and you have to drink to get through the day.

Jenna/Jessel seem to be the targets this season..yet both were gleeful to direct the target on the other this season.

Erin seems to be the bully of the group.

Sai should just bring snacks with her at all gatherings.

Ubah looks to finally get some focus next week..but I wish it was an individual vignette instead of a conflict.

Too much group therapy/trauma dumping...not enough fun.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Oh, my. The boredom continues. 

Do these women know each other at all? I thought they were all friends before being cast on the show. I'm so tired of the probing questions that only people that don't know each other ask.

So tell us about your dating life. What's going on there? 

The IVF/Embryo discussion. 

The ever present my childhood sucked and here's why downer. 

Erin finding fault with Brynn then apologizing and hugging it out with "I love you". Make up your mind, bish. 

The women tell Jessel they know nothing about her early life then get bored listening to her open up about her early life. I guess her story wasn't juicy or heart renching enough. 

So none of these good friends were aware of Jenna's skin condition, teeth and hair issues? Baffling. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I get not wanting hair in your food but Ubah's reaction was a little over the top, especially considering that she herself has long hair and was wearing it down while eating on the windy patio.

I can't help but feel like they're all too aware of the cameras, their perceived storylines, etc. Many of them seem to be constantly fighting for camera time and attention. Plus, I can't help but think that Erin's continual issue with Brynn stems from her offscreen drama with the cast member who quit/was fired.

In any case, the depressive comparison of sad childhoods was not entertaining. There's nothing organic about any of their friendships. We don't see much about their families or careers. Outside of conflict, what does this show offer?

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

I'd like to understand how the uncle, who had to sleep on park benches, that became a photographer has to do with Jessel's upbringing/childhood.

Also, the traumatic 365 days of opening boxes as an intern - did she get 1000 cardboard cuts, slice herself with the boxcutter, ruin all her manicures, break her nails?

• Like 8
  • LOL 6

Line of the night was Brynn saying, “You f*cking Federalist” to Erin after she said she looked like George Washington. 

Okay, the first handful of episodes I was trying to be on Erin’s side because even though she’s utterly humorless, the girls seemed to be ganging up on her and the ridiculous “slights” were adding up. Last week it was obvious she was throwing Jenna under the bus to be the new group target—but I was almost willing to excuse a bit of the misunderstanding because Jenna did make it seem like “never fly coach” was the “real” reason with the whisper and hand to her mouth. However, now I am firmly off of Erin’s defense and understand why everyone thinks she’s shady/annoying/insensitive/shit-stirrer or whatever. Brynn did not say that the fertility clinic told her to start calling old boyfriends right then and there!!! There was a form that asked for a name, so Brynn herself said she texted someone. But she never said the clinic made her call someone right then. It was such an egregious lie on her part to call Brynn out for an egregious lie. Now in retrospect she really does try hard to call people out as soon as they say something she thinks is off—instead of maybe taking the perspective that maybe she misunderstood. That would get exhausting real fast.

Anyhoo… Sun’s about to set. Better go get some vitamin D all up my vaj while I have the chance!

• Like 7
  • LOL 3
20 hours ago, escape said:

But Alex, or Bethenny didn't know, or were friends with Lu, Ramona, or Jill, and those three knew each other from social functions only (meaning superficially).

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Brynn's embryo v eggs conversation was very similar to what I was told by a fertility doctor. It was a few years ago so, things may have changed but she advised me that without a doubt freezing/thawing embryos was more successful and studied than utilizing previously frozen eggs. It was a very frank conversation at my request and at that time, her opinion was that some clinics were making long term egg freezing sound like the holy grail in part for financial reasons.

• Useful 5
35 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Didn’t Brynn say something about teaching yoga or something when she was talking about tanning her vagina? 

Ah, that explains the designer clothes, luxury trips, and taste for the finer things in life 😂

• LOL 8
53 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Didn’t Brynn say something about teaching yoga or something when she was talking about tanning her vagina? 

She said she used to be a yoga teacher.  She still hasn't explained what her current job is. So many yoga teachers wear fur coats.  Oh wait . . . . . 

48 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Line of the night was Brynn saying, “You f*cking Federalist” to Erin after she said she looked like George Washington. 

Okay, the first handful of episodes I was trying to be on Erin’s side because even though she’s utterly humorless, the girls seemed to be ganging up on her and the ridiculous “slights” were adding up. Last week it was obvious she was throwing Jenna under the bus to be the new group target—but I was almost willing to excuse a bit of the misunderstanding because Jenna did make it seem like “never fly coach” was the “real” reason with the whisper and hand to her mouth. However, now I am firmly off of Erin’s defense and understand why everyone thinks she’s shady/annoying/insensitive/shit-stirrer or whatever. Brynn did not say that the fertility clinic told her to start calling old boyfriends right then and there!!! There was a form that asked for a name, so Brynn herself said she texted someone. But she never said the clinic made her call someone right then. It was such an egregious lie on her part to call Brynn out for an egregious lie. Now in retrospect she really does try hard to call people out as soon as they say something she thinks is off—instead of maybe taking the perspective that maybe she misunderstood. That would get exhausting real fast.

Anyhoo… Sun’s about to set. Better go get some vitamin D all up my vaj while I have the chance!

What stood out to me was Erin was talking while Brynn was speaking, so she didn't hear the details of what Brynn said.  She immediately decided to create an issue.  As you said, if she listened it did make sense. She also could have asked Brynn to explain without starting by trash talking her to someone else. 

• Like 15
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

Brynn did not say that the fertility clinic told her to start calling old boyfriends right then and there!!! There was a form that asked for a name, so Brynn herself said she texted someone. But she never said the clinic made her call someone right then. It was such an egregious lie on her part to call Brynn out for an egregious lie.

Brynn was also clearly doing a bit to enhance the story when she said that she started scrolling through her contacts. It's what people do when they're trying to entertain their audience, which I wouldn't expect Erin, who provides guests with neither food nor heat and calls it a party, to understand.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 10
14 hours ago, 65mickey said:

OMG .. YES !

N.M.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

All this sharing and we still don't know what Brynn does for a living

It seems like what Brynn is doing for a living is husband hunt. By her own admission, she spent the summer dating three different men a day (coffee, drinks, dinner). How could she have time for a regular job when  husband hunting appears to be a full time job?

I read an article where Brynn was complaining that Bravo is giving her the edit to look like she doesn't have a job, but she claims to have one and be very educated as well. Maybe Bravo is finding this edit more interesting, but they can't put words in her mouth, so what they are portraying is still Brynn. Like it or not, Brynn. 

I did roll my eyes at Erin being annoyed that the waiter wanted to actually take dinner orders from the ladies before she was satisfied that her convo with Brynn was concluded to her satisfaction. Wouldn't it make more sense for the dinners orders to be taken and the food prepared while this convo was happening? Talk about controlling. No one can eat until Erin is happy. But then we already know that food isn't a priority for Erin. Sheesh. 

• Like 12

This episode was so boring.

I don’t like the whole everyone has to tell the history of their lives and cry thing. I feel for anyone who has had hard times but some ppl don’t like talking about them self like that. It doesn’t make them weird it’s just not their thing. You can still bond and have fun with ppl without all these vulnerable talks.

Brynn annoys me and I think she was embellishing the egg story but Erin calling it out like that seemed mean and unnecessary.

Sai I go back and forth on. 

I didn’t mind Jessel this episode. Some of the things she was saying made sense lol. Her story about her parents was all over the place but I’m a bad storyteller myself so maybe that’s what it’s like for her? Still sounded interesting tho.

I still don’t know whether I like or am annoyed by Ubah.

Erin and Brynn saying they wanna get Jessel wasted seemed mean girl bitchy to me. If Jessel wants to get wasted sure but the comment came off not nice to me.

The constant picture taking would annoy me.

I’m also officially over them caring about the last time Jessel had sex was. Who cares. Maybe she just isn’t into it right now but they seem to wanna just laugh and throw it in her face. I guess Jessel brought it to the group but time to move on now pls. 

• Like 8

Jenna and her body dysmorphia is hard to watch. No matter how she got there, I just wish she could let go and enjoy herself instead of watching everyone frolic in the water while she’s on the beach under a bedsheet. Her body is the type aspired to in the fashion world yet she thinks she has a tummy (convo with her  brother). Her skin has discolouration in places and she was teased for it as a child (time to get past the childhood trauma of that and act like you don’t care.)

I know her childhood trauma is very real and still impacts her. I would have thought she would have gotten therapy by now as it’s negatively impacting her life. I like her and felt so sad that her insecurities are still so strong that she sits on the sidelines. It’s hard to watch as I cycle from understanding to being frustrated with her and back again.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1

Opening boxes and working at Sears aren’t hardships. It’s called working. Sai upped her story with the alcoholic mom. It’s not that I don’t feel compassion, but it seems like a contest of the worst childhood. 

I’m close in age to Jenna and I’m happy to jump in the pool and stop worrying about how I look.  Of course being on camera is harder. Still i would love to see her jump in the water.

When they said let’s have some fun i didn’t realize that taking pictures is considered fun. I did hear someone say something about getting content. Apparently ass pics are content.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1