Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: The Last Supper Part Two: Entree [Season Finale]

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

The way Aidan was speaking to her, felt like he was PUNKING her. As if he was glad to give a BS excuse as to why the were over. 

That's exactly what it was and a pretty lame one at that. 

2 hours ago, Trillian said:

I could buy cooling it off and staying close to home for a bit, but no contact for five years is the most ridiculous idea ever conceived and I can’t believe Carrie fell for it. 

I don't think Carrie did fall for it.  She knew this was a breakup.  And she knew she couldn't (or maybe shouldn't) talk him out of it.  Pretending Aidan's pretend reason made sense was easier. 

I don't blame her for the breakup sex either - been there done that.  It sure beats screaming and crying and saying hurtful things to each other;  I've been there and done that too.  

• Like 8
7 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

That's exactly what it was and a pretty lame one at that. 

I don't think Carrie did fall for it.  She knew this was a breakup.  And she knew she couldn't (or maybe shouldn't) talk him out of it.  Pretending Aidan's pretend reason made sense was easier. 

I don't blame her for the breakup sex either - been there done that.  It sure beats screaming and crying and saying hurtful things to each other;  I've been there and done that too.  

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I believe you're right. I said before that this should have been a Ted/Alexis kind of breakup: sweetly sad, kind, sort of inevitable, but possibly not forever. 

But maybe that's exactly what it was, tho not as remotely well written. Aidan just couldn't admit that it's an actual breakup so he comes up with this stupid 5 year thing, and Carrie pretended to go along with. Maybe, when she told Seema she might get time for good behavior, maybe she believes Aidan will not be able to stick to it, and maybe they'll be back together when he realizes it 

So they had hot goodbye sex, even if Aidan can't admit it's that, and she let him go. 

Then again, that's probably too nuanced for MPK. 

I have a hard time believing they'd actually go with a 5 year time leap next season. The show is already kind of ageist, imagine if they all had to play 5 years older than they are. They'd give them all walkers and dentures and depends

• Like 5
  • LOL 6
12 hours ago, maddie965 said:

How it should have ended. With real emotions.

"Aidan kneels down and puts his head on Carrie's lap. He starts to cry softly, while she caresses his hair. "Easy, baby. It's going to be ok." "No it's not", he says. " I can't. I just can't be with you right now, and it's killing me. But my boy needs me, and he comes first. God, Carrie, what are we going to do?"

She looks into his eyes and says: "We'll find a way. I'll go visit you, or you will take one day off to see me. Or we'll meet in the middle." Aidan smiles through the tears. 'Will you really do that for me? When I can't promise you anything? I love you so much." She kisses him." Just promise you won't give up on me. You will keep trying, no matter what." "Always", he says.

And just like that, I  wasn't worried anymore."

This would have been great. Stupid MPK.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
28 minutes ago, luna1122again said:

Then again, that's probably too nuanced for MPK. 

It's one thing to leave things up to interpretation. but so much of this season is like the writers don't even know why they are writing something.

MPK made that big pronouncement that he didn't bring Aidan back to fail.  So what is his definition of success? But then in his latest interview he says 

There’s a little, tiny thread of what we’re thinking at the end, which is Seema says, ‘Well we ran at love, and where did that get us?’ And she goes, ‘I’m waiting five months and you’re waiting five years.’ And Carrie goes, ‘Well, I may get some time off for good behavior.’”

He concluded: “You would only say that if you’re already going, ‘It’s not gonna be five years.’ She’s very cute, but she does go on to say, ‘There will be others.’”

So maybe Aidan will come back sooner.  Maybe Carrie will find a new love. At this point I won't be surprised if Carrie is marrying someone else and Aidan stops the wedding. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

The old feminist phrase "A woman Needs a Man Like a Fish Needs a Bicycle" comes back to me every time I hear somebody like Nya bleating about not having a MAN to share things with.  So many won't give you the validation you need for your accomplishments, honey.  Find folks that will. 

And I heard an actual Michelin star chef once say "If you have to tell people how to eat it, your dish is a failure".  (May have been Marco Pierre White, he says stuff like that....Or Anthony Bourdain....)

I also think Carrie just paid lip service to Aiden's grand 5 year plan.  She knows it has that romantic hook she craves, like moving to Paris for love (the Russian) or eloping in a vintage dress (Big).  But also knows it's never going to happen. 

And WTF happened to "Aiden won't fail a 3rd time" bullshit?  HE FAILED.  SPECTACULARLY.  He went in the apartment and he ditched Carrie.  He's a fail all around.  

The Nya not being excited because she had no man to share it with was just awful - it was a big f you to single women who are happy and successful. It kind of reminded me of when Carrie had her book party and was focussed on not having a plus one. I get it to a point when you are younger, but not for women over 50 (or maybe Nya is 40 ish, she started trying to have a baby so she might be under 50 but I digress..)

Why bring Aiden back if this is how it was going to end? Seriously - first, the kid, no matter how troubled he is will not want his father hovering over him all the time - that is not healthy. And 20 is not a magic number - some kids still have many problems after 20 that parents still have to deal with. They need to work together because your kids are in your life, even after they are launched into adulthood.   I totally get putting his kid first, but Carrie is still going to have to deal with it after the 5 years - if she waits that long. Aiden could have said I need time to put things on hold, focus on Wyatt and then we can figure out what works best. Bottom line, no person would ever ask another to wait 5 years with no contact. 

I know I said this before in another post but my oldest had lots of issues from 14-16, I am proud to say he is off to college on Monday - and in a totally different, healthier and better place emotionally from 3-4 years ago. It takes work but the parent cannot just completely shut down their life and devote themselves to their kid 24/7 - when he was in the worst of it, I did, I absolutely did - but with work and therapy he came out the otherside and is ready to take on college and beyond. 

Why am I putting so much thought into a fictional show?? I guess I just think it was a lazy choice and as a single parent of 2 teens a totally unrealistic one. It was just stupid. 

Edited by zamp33
Typo corrections.
  • Like 8
  • Hugs 3
  • Love 2
Just now, chitowngirl said:

Why is waiting until Wyatt being 20 the magic year? Yes, he’s out of his teens, but nothing happens at 20. At 18 he is an adult and can peace out and leave. 20 isn’t even done with college or legal drinking age.

I just wrote the same thing and we posted at the same time - yes 20 is not magic and he can either still have problems or at 18 he can be ok and off to college. It makes NO sense at all. 

• Like 2
14 hours ago, maddie965 said:

How it should have ended. With real emotions.

"Aidan kneels down and puts his head on Carrie's lap. He starts to cry softly, while she caresses his hair. "Easy, baby. It's going to be ok." "No it's not", he says. " I can't. I just can't be with you right now, and it's killing me. But my boy needs me, and he comes first. God, Carrie, what are we going to do?"

She looks into his eyes and says: "We'll find a way. I'll go visit you, or you will take one day off to see me. Or we'll meet in the middle." Aidan smiles through the tears. 'Will you really do that for me? When I can't promise you anything? I love you so much." She kisses him." Just promise you won't give up on me. You will keep trying, no matter what." "Always", he says.

And just like that, I  wasn't worried anymore."

Have to be honest, thrilled it didn't end like this.

I thought it was a pretty realistic ending for a dad who jumped back into a toxic relationship waaaaay too quickly and with very little thought to his real life. There was no reason for him to even let his kids know about Carrie this quickly, much less have her become competition (in Wyatt's mind.) I have little doubt that Wyatt has problems, but I think he also manipulated his big dumb dad. Hope to St. Samantha that we never have to see that big oaf again.

ETA that I hated last season, but really enjoyed this one for the most part. Pretty happy that we're getting a 3rd. Also, so funny how many of us Walking Dead fans stopped watching at the same time!

Edited by Otherkate
  • Like 5
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

That half ass break up scene was so poorly written. 

After Aiden walks in to her apartment:

Carrie: Where's your luggage?

Aiden: Oh, I can't stay. I have to get back home

Cue to them sexing it up the rest of the night, laughing it up and having great sex and pillow talk. Aiden staying all night, gets up in the morning with no change of clothes or toothbrush (guess Carrie had a spare). What are we in high school? He wasn't in that much of a rush to get home. How ever did he explain to his boss Wyatt where he was all night? 

Not only that but they said goodbye from the Grammarcy apartment. So either before, after or between bouts of sex, they went from the last supper to Carrie's new place. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
2 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

So maybe Aidan will come back sooner.  Maybe Carrie will find a new love. At this point I won't be surprised if Carrie is marrying someone else and Aidan stops the wedding. 

Can we have another shot at one of THE MOST fantastic scenes in the first movie?  

The girls are hustling Carrie back into the limo, Charlotte in her gorgeous black dress looks up & sees Big: She throws up her hand at him, screams NO!!!!  You can hear all the rage and pain for her friend in that single word.  Charlotte was a fuckin' warrior in that moment. 

We could use another moment like that.   For me, it is the single most impactful moment with all 4 women in the entire show & movies combined.  

And IF Aiden comes back, that will be FAILURE #4.  He would have failed to stay away from Carrie and focus on his kid.  

How can anybody respect somebody like that?  Seriously?

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

My u/o is that I liked the cut and style of Carrie's dress but not the fabrication, and I hated the cropped leggings underneath. Checks really aren't my thing. One of my favorite party dresses was the blue one she wore in the movie for Charlotte's baby shower.

I know we don't know the nature of Wyatt's challenges, but one thing I know for sure is that kids, especially kids with developmental disabilities (not specifically saying Wyatt has a DD) are manipulative AF. My sister was an aide for one child with Fragile X Syndrome and one with Down Syndrome and you wouldn't believe the sh*t those kids would try and successfully get away with during the school day. There wasn't a thing she could do about it because the parents were overly indulgent and refused to set boundaries. They made excuses and fully allowed their inappropriate behavior. No rules, no consequences. Developmentally disabled and also neurodivergent kids are not stupid. Quite the opposite. Aidan should be and is not setting boundaries with Wyatt. I agree that what Wyatt needs is therapy, and he also needs a strong parent who will guide him, not placate him.

When Brady pulled up on his bicycle I fully expected him to be towing Kip on rollerblades.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2
9 minutes ago, Maccagirl said:

They never circled back to Herbert for his "one word" at the dinner.  I was so looking forward to that.  I thought it might be Washington!!

I wanted it to be "shot" and then elaborate that he's not throwing it away.  Yes, I'm a dork.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2

but I don't think Carrie would have coped with a week a month in rural Virginia. Their best bet, seeing as how they are both super rich, would be for one of them to buy a house somewhere like a fashionable coastal Delaware town and regularly meet in the middle. But with Aidan only being a few hours drive from home which would be quicker than having to rely on flights if there is an emergency.

Norfolk isn't rural Virginia.  If the writers had said Aiden had a farm in Surry, Isle of Wight or Suffolk (outside of Norfolk) and Carrie had to fly into the Norfolk airport, that would've been more believable.

And it actually would've been more believable for Aiden and Kathy to have moved to the Charlottesville area or the Northern Virginia horse horse/wine country area than Norfolk but I digress.

There is nowhere between Virginia and NYC that's just a "few hours drive" for Aiden to get back to Virginia in an emergency.  NYC to Richmond VA is 6.5 hours WITHOUT traffic.  Then Aiden would have to drive another 90 minutes (and hope there's no tunnel backup) from Richmond to Norfolk. Even if Aiden drove down 301 or 13 he'd still have to endure tunnel traffic to get to Norfolk. His best bet would to fly, not drive.

I think the "5 years, no contact" ruse is to cover up the fact Aiden decided to move back in with Kathy ("for the kids").  There's no other reason for Aiden to tell Carrie they have to go basically no contact for the next 5 years...that's not for Wyatt, that's for Kathy.  Wyatt's accident happened when he was with Kathy during her custody week.  It had nothing to do with Aiden "not being there" because Aiden wasn't supposed to be there in the first place ...it was Kathy's week.  The only way for Aiden to ensure he had a close eye on Wyatt (even during Kathy's weeks) is for him to live with Wyatt & Kathy full time.

But Aiden couldn't tell Carrie he was moving back in with Kathy "for the kids" so he decided to let Carrie down easy with the "I've got to focus on Wyatt 24-7 for the next 5 years so we have to go no contact until 2028" story.  He knows Carrie isn't going to sit around waiting for him for 5 years. She'll have a new man in her bed in 5 months. And when she does, he can always paint her out to be the bad guy for not waiting around.

Which is why she would be wise to honor his wishes and cease any and all communication with him for good.  If Aiden really wanted Carrie, he would reach out to her. He did not reach out to her in the first place and he had been divorced from Kathy for 5 years.

That's just my opinion: he moved back in with Kathy and explaining Kathy to Carrie and Carrie to Kathy & Wyatt was a complication he didn't want to deal with so he cut Carrie loose.  If Samantha was on the show or Miranda in her right mind, both of them would tell her this.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Was anyone else distracted by Carrie's breasts during the not-a-break-up scene? I'm a straight -- and elderly! -- female and I still wanted to ask them to move, like when someone too tall sits in front of you at the movies.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7

Steve is too forgiving. I wish they would have him realize it's not his fault because Miranda has apparently always wanted to be with women and didn't realize it. 

If they're going to say she's now a lesbian, this is what they have to go with, even if it's a complete retcon of her entire adult life.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, zamp33 said:

The Nya not being excited because she had no man to share it with was just awful - it was a big f you to single women who are happy and successful.

I don't agree with that.  Nya is coming off a divorce from a long time spouse.  For most of her adult life, she's had a man to share her big news with, so naturally being in a situation where she has big news, but no man, is going to feel unnatural to her. 

29 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

There's no other reason for Aiden to tell Carrie they have to go basically no contact for the next 5 years...

I think it's more like Aidan is still in the middle of a very traumatic experience, and is making big decisions that he will come to regret when things calm down. 

I enjoyed the episode.  I think Charlotte is really the star of the season.  She's standing up for herself, and taking what she wants without apologies.  Also, the dog paintings are just such perfection.  It was nice to see Samantha, but it also left me with the feeling that she's more in the past, even if I wouldn't be surprised if we see her again.  

My only real issue is that there are too many characters and everyone needs to realize that it is okay if some characters are recurring instead of regulars.    

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Since I railed on Che's very NOT COOL coercing/shaming Miranda into a 3-way with CHE'S EX some episodes back, you're goddamn right I'm going to rail on Giuseppe's extremely selfish bullying/coercing Anthony into anal sex.

First, the idea that Anthony--a gay man who's been sexually active for DECADES in probably the most target-rich sexual urban environment--hasn't sorted out what sexual practices he likes and doesn't like is...unbelievable. I mean, hope springs eternal, you can teach old dogs new anal tricks (that got weird, sorry), blah blah, but the way Anthony has been written is that he seems like he's got his sexual menu sorted, after all these years and experiences. He doesn't bottom.

That said, I very much like the idea that one theme of this reboot would be "At 60-ish, you think you know yourself--and you probably do--but not 100%. There are some surprises left!" That's been my own experience. I could absolutely believe that a new partner could make Anthony revisit some of his ideas both emotionally and sexually. Sure. But THE WAY THESE WRITERS DID IT, JUST LIKE WITH HEY-HEY CHE AND THEIR THREEWAY, WAS REAL COERCIVE HORSE SHIT.

I have a lot of experience on both ends (sorry, again) of this equation, and the number one first most important biggest only ever rule for the (cis-male) recipient is that YOU HAVE TO WANT TO DO IT. Everything flows from that. If you have doubts, if you feel bullied or pressured, if you're uncomfortable, receptive anal sex will not be pleasurable. Heck, you can feel ready, loved, safe, relaxed, and IT CAN STILL NOT BE PLEASURABLE. (Having them in the sideways position showed SOMEBODY involved knew some basics; not having ANTHONY be in charge of motion--a must for a first-timer--was a missed opportunity.)

Having Anthony brow-beaten into his first experience receiving anal sex and having it played for laughs at his discomfort--and then just leaving it there!--is really appalling on a show that wears its self-satisfied sex-positive laurels a little too blithely.

I'm looking forward to the new generation of queer creators with better awareness and less residual internalized homophobia/misogyny. Just a huge missed opportunity all around.

Edited by Penman61
  • Like 22

Really stupid, weak and passe writing for Nya and the food exploding in her mouth and how she didn't expect that...cringe to hear that dialogue from Professor Nya. Cheffy was a cutie btw. It's like the writers don't even try anymore.

I wondered about Harry, had he ever been in Casa Carrie prior to that dinner? Actually had Nya or Lisa been there before?

Since when did Samantha and Carrie bury the hatchet and were friends again, did I miss something?  Samantha tells Carrie that she had just left Heathrow and was going to surprise her...for someone who just left the airport she sure made to the city in record time, it's like the writers don't even care anymore.

I liked that Miranda went to see Steve, their exchange was civil and heartfelt but then they get photo bombed by Napolean Dynamite. 

Did we need to know that Che has a romantic partner now, we really don't care and we don't need another peripheral character to keep track of.

I need monogramed linen napkins, seriously I as soon as I hit submit reply I am finding someplace to order them.

• Like 6
20 hours ago, Lethallyfab said:

You are not a freaking war widow, Carrie, you do not have to wait five years for your man to return from the front.  He’s not at war, he’s in Virginia, for Christ’s Sake.  If any one of your friends proposed waiting *five years* for a man, they’d be deemed insane.

as a gay man, I am  pissed  as to how they handled the Anthony/Giuseppe storyline.  Letting down your emotional barriers because your ex is now a Shinto monk or whatever doesn’t mean you should let down your physical boundaries.  Giuseppe is a terrible lay if he couldn’t pick up on  Anthony’s physical discomfort which was exceedingly  obvious to the audience.  I did wonder if the placement of the Boy Butter  lube was actually product  placement.

also, please warn me in advance if my RSVP to your dinner party includes “fun” emotional games.  Because I don’t care if there’s a Michelin Starred chef, I am not coming.  (Also, you are so hard up for friends that you invite annoying Jackie?). This is not ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf,’ I did NOT consent to an evening of fun and games with George and Martha.

You said everything I was thinking.  The Anthony storyline was handled so poorly.  He absolutely looked like he was not enjoying it.  Meanwhile Giuseppe was pounding away, happy as could be.  That was terrible.  Emotional boundaries do not equal physical boundaries.  

Perfect Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolff reference.  I don't even like when people pull the say what you're thankful for at Thanksgiving. George and Martha would have been happy with the amount of booze available. 

• Like 7
5 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I know we don't know the nature of Wyatt's challenges, but one thing I know for sure is that kids, especially kids with developmental disabilities (not specifically saying Wyatt has a DD) are manipulative AF. My sister was an aide for one child with Fragile X Syndrome and one with Down Syndrome and you wouldn't believe the sh*t those kids would try and successfully get away with during the school day. There wasn't a thing she could do about it because the parents were overly indulgent and refused to set boundaries.

#ParentGuilt, especially if the child has a disability or illness of some kind.  If Wyatt does have significant mental health challenges (like anxiety etc), I am not surprised by Aidan’s reaction in the slightest. 

I’ve been the typical sibling watching the #mommyguilt. It never dies!

3 hours ago, Penman61 said:

Having Anthony brow-beaten into his first experience receiving anal sex and having it played for laughs at his discomfort--and then just leaving it there!--is really appalling on a show that wears its self-satisfied sex-positive laurels a little too blithely.

I agree with you and @Lethallyfab, coercive sex is never funny. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, JeanJean said:

Was anyone else distracted by Carrie's breasts during the not-a-break-up scene? I'm a straight -- and elderly! -- female and I still wanted to ask them to move, like when someone too tall sits in front of you at the movies.

I was distracted by the skin on her chest! It had all these weird spot bumps on it. It was bizarre 😳

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Did we need to know that Che has a romantic partner now, we really don't care and we don't need another peripheral character to keep track of.

I need monogramed linen napkins, seriously I as soon as I hit submit reply I am finding someplace to order them.

THIS. We don't care about Che, MPK. Stop trying to make them happen.

Post the link! I love monogrammed anything.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

So after all the refusing to go into her apartment and noping out of Carrie's dinner in he walks and sits down like no big deal, did he even admire the wallpaper?

Just now, CeeBeeGee said:

THIS. We don't care about Che, MPK. Stop trying to make them happen.

Post the link! I love monogrammed anything.

I will when I land on something I like.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

#ParentGuilt, especially if the child has a disability or illness of some kind.  If Wyatt does have significant mental health challenges (like anxiety etc), I am not surprised by Aidan’s reaction in the slightest. 

I’ve been the typical sibling watching the #mommyguilt. It never dies!

I wasn’t surprised by his reaction either because it’s Aidan, but guilt is one of the many things that creates a lack of boundaries and children who elope from the classroom with a sharpie, draw penises all over the mats in the gym, flip their hair when they get collected by the principal and then don’t get recess taken away because mom said they don’t get consequences. Kids with special needs need boundaries just as much as the other kids. Anything less is doesn’t teach them a darn thing. Wyatt isn’t going to learn anything about the consequences of his actions if Aidan is picking up all the pieces for the next 5 years.

• Like 4
30 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Since when did Samantha and Carrie bury the hatchet and were friends again, did I miss something?  Samantha tells Carrie that she had just left Heathrow and was going to surprise her...for someone who just left the airport she sure made to the city in record time, it's like the writers don't even care anymore.

They were making up all of season 1 via text, then when Carrie went to Paris to scatter Big's ashes, she texted Samantha and they agreed to meet. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
35 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I wasn’t surprised by his reaction either because it’s Aidan, but guilt is one of the many things that creates a lack of boundaries and children who elope from the classroom with a sharpie, draw penises all over the mats in the gym, flip their hair when they get collected by the principal and then don’t get recess taken away because mom said they don’t get consequences. Kids with special needs need boundaries just as much as the other kids. Anything less is doesn’t teach them a darn thing. Wyatt isn’t going to learn anything about the consequences of his actions if Aidan is picking up all the pieces for the next 5 years.

Or beat their 75 year old mother with shoes because she won’t make spaghetti. You don’t have to tell me!
Trust, I KNOW (as the typical sibling who deals with the consequences of three decades of #mommyguilt), but you can’t tell people anything about their kids. 

Aidan wants to believe that he’s doing the right thing with Wyatt, Kathy may be the ONLY person who can rein that in and keep Wyatt on the right path while he is still young enough they can force him to capitulate. (If he pulled that at 18 he might be behind bars) Aidan is a “soft touch” which is great, (no one is doubting his love for his son) and there is a time for that, but his entire speech to Carrie felt like 1. He was PUNKING her, or 2. He was so wrapped in guilt he couldn’t see straight. 

Aidan’s emotions around Wyatt’s accident were realistic, how he approached Carrie about the situation was lazy writing. 

• Like 4
On 8/24/2023 at 11:07 AM, Yogisbooboo64 said:

.Nya and Toussaint – Gary Dourdan will always be Shazza Zulu to me!  Hope he’ll stick around for Season 3, she needs a frickin’ storyline.

If Winifred Brooks could see him now! 😄

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
22 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Throw her in the cursed wedding gown and bam! She's Mrs. Havisham.

Carrie Bradshaw Finally Stopped Being the World’s Worst Human

The first season of And Just Like That felt so unearthly for a plethora of reasons, the most prominent among them being Carrie’s listlessness. For Sex and the City’s six seasons and two movies, Carrie always had something to do, somewhere to be, or someone to date. But with her husband, Big, having passed at the start of the spinoff, she appropriately skulked around New York like Miss Havisham, wading through a kind of grief she had never before experienced.

It's a good review of the finale -- I liked the piece even though I didn't watch the episode.   Cuts Carrie right down to size, which I found entertaining.

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Or beat their 75 year old mother with shoes because she won’t make spaghetti. You don’t have to tell me!
Trust, I KNOW (as the typical sibling who deals with the consequences of three decades of #mommyguilt), but you can’t tell people anything about their kids. 

Aidan wants to believe that he’s doing the right thing with Wyatt, Kathy may be the ONLY person who can rein that in and keep Wyatt on the right path while he is still young enough they can force him to capitulate. (If he pulled at 18 he might be behind bars) Aidan is a “soft touch” which is great, (no one is doubting his love for his son) and there is a time for that, but his entire speech to Carrie felt like 1. He was PUNKING her, or 2. He was so wrapped in guilt he couldn’t see straight. 

Aidan’s emotions around Wyatt’s accident were realistic, how he approached Carrie about the situation was lazy writing. 

Omg!! (spaghetti) I didn’t understand your post but now I do. My apologies for that. Goodness gracious. 

28 minutes ago, millennium said:

Carrie Bradshaw Finally Stopped Being the World’s Worst Human

It's a good review of the finale -- I liked the piece even though I didn't watch the episode.   Cuts Carrie right down to size, which I found entertaining.

Since the article brought it up:  Carrie sending Aiden to help never bugged me like it seemed to do other people.  Carrie had, if I remember correctly, just started her new job at Vogue and her editor (Enid?) had called a meeting. Your first days are not a good time to tell your new boss you have to peel your friend off the floor unless it's a  stroke or something.  (Even then it's a risk.) Granted, it would have been better if Carrie had called Charlotte or Sam.  I thought it was kind of selfish for Miranda to expect Carrie to endanger her job. My neck and back went out many times in the past leaving me stuck on the floor  and I never would have asked someone to risk their job.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Like 9
  • Applause 1
Just now, JeanJean said:

Since the article brought it up:  Carrie sending Aiden to help never bugged me like it seemed to do other people.  Carrie had, if I remember correctly, just started her new job at Vogue and her editor (Enid?) had called a meeting. Your first days are not a good time to tell your new boss you have to peel your friend off the floor unless it's a  stroke or something.  (Even then it's a risk.) Granted, it would have been better if Carrie had called Charlotte or Sam.  I thought it was kind of selfish for Miranda to expect Carrie to endanger her job. My neck and back went out many times in the past and I never would have asked someone to risk their job.

Yes- I think sending Aidan was fine. I also understand why Miranda was embarrassed, to be in pain and NUDE and have your friend’s new boyfriend be the one to help you off the floor is mortifying. 

But what really pissed Miranda off was the “bullshit bagels”. Carrie didn’t come see how Miranda was doing and bring her donuts and meds, but BULLSHIT bagels with NO cream-cheese. Just so she could talk about Aidan. Miranda had a right to be upset about that. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, JeanJean said:

Since the article brought it up:  Carrie sending Aiden to help never bugged me like it seemed to do other people. ..  I thought it was kind of selfish for Miranda to expect Carrie to endanger her job. My neck and back went out many times in the past and I never would have asked someone to risk their job.

Oh this. Miranda literally barked at Carrie to come over and then hung up while Carrie was trying to tell her she had a meeting. What was teeny little Carrie going to do anyway? I wouldn't have ever just expected a friend to drop everything and rush over.

Now, she should have called back to tell her Aidan was coming, and she def should have brought cream cheese with the apology bagels. But sending Aidan was actually thoughtful, imo. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

Well, I called it weeks ago as soon as Carrie and Aidan started getting too close too fast and using the "L" word too soon, and Carrie wondered if Big was a big mistake that the show was leading us up to something like a breakup or a dick move on Aidan's part.   The whole thing was so fraught with the potential for going off a cliff, and just on schedule here it is.  I guess the whole thing was that obvious to me.  There was no way their relationship was going to continue in that direction without some bomb dropping to mess it up.  As soon as his son got in trouble I knew that was Aidan's convenient sobering moment and reality check.  It also provided him a convenient "out" from jumping into this big commitment too fast without having resolved the big trust issue between him and Carrie that was leftover from 20 years ago.   So here's a way Aidan found to resolve it - run away from it, LOL.  Not being able to go into the old apartment was symbolic of Aidan not wanting to face that lack of trust, but once he decided to jump ship it didn't matter anymore and he could walk into it with ease.  So symbolic!

Perhaps this 5 year BS is Aidan's way of putting on the brakes until he figures out whether it's real or Memorex (dating myself there, LOL), or maybe it really was a kiss-off in a lame disguise to soften the blow.   Typical of him to try to manipulate her into buying that stupid snapping analogy, like it's all good, it'll go by in a flash.  What total baloney.  Maybe this is his subconscious way of getting her back for what she did to him 20 years ago, I don't know.  It probably is or why wouldn't he have told her he was sorry he had to leave to honor his commitment to his son and that they'd figure their relationship out together?  No, he just tells her they have to be apart 5 years, no getting together allowed or he'd miss her.  Seriously, what total garbage!  I doubt she would really buy that, and it shows how little he respects her.  Given their history that may be understandable, but still, it was a dick move.  I've actually known of a situation where a woman met an old BF she dumped decades ago who lead her on and then dumped her just to get back at her.  Not that I think Aidan is that overtly horrible, but some of this maybe unconsciously motivated.

Particularly cringey was him trying to sell her on his other kids needing him because they're 17 and 20, as if they are barely out of the crib and can't live without him around 24/7, LOL.  I feel like that was obvious BS.  All this after she just sold her apartment and went in on this ginormous, OTT place that she's going to rattle around in all by herself.  Hah, maybe now Miranda can move in with her....There's a thought!

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
31 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Carrie didn’t come see how Miranda was doing and bring her donuts and meds, but BULLSHIT bagels with NO cream-cheese. Just so she could talk about Aidan. Miranda had a right to be upset about that. 

In fairness, though, they're in NYC so they could have easily gotten cream cheese or even bagels with cream cheese delivered quickly. Or anything else. Or Carrie could have run down to the corner bodega... A TV pet peeve of mine is when NYC shows forget they're in NYC -- "Friends" did that a lot.

But I get that it's Carrie's self-absorption that's the issue.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Like 4

I think it would have been a more respectable ending had Aiden actually broken up with Carrie without the 5 years bullshit and the not charming snap. That’s a full-circle moment and a far better play on the “expectations” speech. My kids are in their late teens, and I adore them, but even I winced at the “he’s only 20” re: his oldest. I don’t even like Carrie, and I think she can do better than that. Yuck. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
14 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I think its just me - but I feel that Carrie knows it's over and is just pretending that is OK with her so as to not make Aiden feel bad.  She's not waiting 5 years and she's not going to tell him so she doesn't "hurt" him again.  

did I miss the part on who's watching Shoe whilst Carrie is in Greece?  

I agree! I said / asked both of those things!❤️

• Like 3
20 hours ago, violet and green said:

And takes her bra off finally.

Yep! I said on page one SJP does nude scenes now?👀

...because her no nudity clause gets mentioned a fair bit in articles about her and earlier in the season when she was having Franklyn over on Thursdays  scenes of them  hanging out in bed  showed Carrie wearing  long caftans.

13 hours ago, John M said:

I think I'm going to go out on a limb as to what everyone is asking, the snap your fingers 5 years will happen so fast you won't believe it is pretty transparent foreshadowing that yes, just like that, we will be 5 years in the future. Wouldn't that put all the kids in college and allow a bit of a series reboot, Miranda and Charlotte would be established in their careers at that point, Seema could be settled down with the love of her life and the show would be about new empty nesters deciding what to do now.

Sounds reasonable.  But nah, these women are already in AARP territory & MPK can't deal with it now.  Blatant ageism shown.  Carrie horrified by the sight of older women at a function or a woman on a walker. (Despite having a broken hip last season that in real life would mean therapy with a walker. But no, on crutches & healed in a nanosecond.) Then there's Lisa's pregnancy & miscarriage where menopause would be more realistic. And no medical issues that can't be cured with kegels.  (But for Big's death. Big gone & even questioned as a big mistake.)

Five years ahead & they're in Golden Girls territory. Five years older & Carrie's cute-sey clothes border on Ms. Havisham territory (as one poster above cleverly noted.) And who is Carrie to meet now much less 5 years ahead? Age appropriate men who chase younger woman. Younger guys looking to be kept. Sad widowers, the bitter divorced. The financially unstable. Baggage galore. (Probably the case now for her & worse in 5 years.)

No, MPK has his characters paired off at the end of this episode - except for Carrie. He won't age them when he can merely walk it back & have Aiden reconsider a time frame that now stretches to when the kid's 19. At worst, he & the kid should be set free at 18 with Wyatt off (to college or wherever.) Why keep Lurch home that extra year? Makes no sense. Or Lurch is gone & that's it. MPK didn't pull together anything plausible at the end of this episode NOW - so moving it forward 5 years won't help - and might make it even worse.

Actually, MPK could do anything if the humor was there. But SATC clever wit is just a dim memory.  The "typists" aren't up to that level of humor - they can't even land one single joke for a stand-up comedian.  We've seen the best they can do - it's lame.  They're just lucky many people watch because of residual nostalgia for the original characters.  And keep waiting for the spark, the humor, clever writing to return - even for a moment.  But it's just not happening. Didn't happen during the season, didn't happen in this finale for the season.

Edited by realityplease
  • Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, violet and green said:

And takes her bra off finally.

Yes. I actually gasped.

16 hours ago, Trillian said:

but no contact for five years is the most ridiculous idea ever conceived and I can’t believe Carrie fell for it. 

I can't believe someone gets paid to write such bs.

• Like 7
16 hours ago, Trillian said:

That’s what I thought the double meaning was going to be, too. But, then again, this is the woman who moved to Paris without bothering to learn any more French than “bonjour” and couldn’t understand why the Parisiens didn’t fall all over themselves for her her American cuteness.

One of the many things that irritates me about Carrie is that for someone who (allegedly) is a writer, she's incredibly ignorant of anything beyond shoes and screws. I've always wondered if she even knows who her elected representatives are, or if she is aware of anything happening in the big wide world (besides fashion). How can a normal person have a conversation with someone like that?

• Like 7
2 hours ago, T Summer said:

Yep! I said on page one SJP does nude scenes now?👀

...because her no nudity clause gets mentioned a fair bit in articles about her and earlier in the season when she was having Franklyn over on Thursdays  scenes of them  hanging out in bed  showed Carrie wearing  long caftans.

I think it was intentional that SJP finally got nekkid in the episode where KC had a cameo, as a way to one-up her (should that be two-up?) and insure that everyone would be talking about SJP. I do wonder how the other actors who did the required nude scenes, while The Star always stayed covered, feel about this reveal. It's gotta smack some of them like it's hugely hypocritical.

• Like 1

I wonder how all the Aidan fans are going to feel about what he did here.  I was never a fan of his and thought he could be manipulative, but even I think this is over the top for him.  Stupid writing.  But I guess it's a way for the show to keep its options open with him for the future.  Either he will reconsider and allow some sort of long distance thing or he'll come back to NYC or break up with her altogether.  This way it can go in any direction  they decide to take it.  I think they wanted to show him and Carrie having a romance and being all-in together without impediments to please the Aidan fans, but they gave that with one hand and went right ahead and took it away with the other.  I don't know what it is with shows these days but they just don't know how to do the slow build with romantic relationships anymore.  They're either all-on or all-off or going nowhere.  I've heard that anything resembling "courtship" is dead with the younger crowd so maybe it's a function of that, but this flip-flopping between all-in and all-out and the ambiguity of the nowheresville in-between is not satisfying.

And while I like Seema and her director together in theory, I too don't completely trust him.  Maybe it's me but they don't really know each other well enough yet for there to be that kind of trust.  Making Seema look like she's the one with the trust issues is in my opinion unfair.  So far he's all talk but what's to back it up?  She really doesn't know if she can trust him yet.  Trust needs to be earned.  I don't understand the compulsion to act as if someone has "trust issues" when they're so new in a relationship with someone that then goes away for 5 months, especially a good looking, well-known director.  I'd be a little insecure about that too.

• Like 6

I am torn… I didn’t hate it.  

Also, the character of Che is a complete and utter waste of Sara Ramirez and it’s something that can never been undone. I actually liked the scene between Che and Miranda.  

Samantha’s appearance just made me sad about what’s missing and just highlighted what’s replaced her is just never gonna be good enough.  

As always I live for Charlotte and Harry… with a side of Richard Burton. 

If Aiden never returns … I WON’T CARE… asking someone to wait 5 years… nope. 
image.gif.186bf4805992af0cfbf50b916c1118ef.gif

Edited by BellyLaughter
  • Like 5
  • LOL 3

The thing that irks me about "in five years, I can be your boyfriend because my youngest kid will be grown" is that your children never stop being your children.

Thirty years ago when I went to college, my narcissistic mother said, "I raised you for 18 years; it's your turn now." Obviously that's left a lasting impression, not to mention how I was left alone at six years old to care for myself, my mother's emotional and physical unavailability my entire life, her painfully obvious favoritism for one of my siblings and her daughter, and her refusal to acknowledge my mental health needs my whole life.

Wyatt obviously has needs that aren't being met, and speaking from experience, if those needs aren't addressed, he's going to have a lifetime of issues. Young children and adult children need supportive parents.

• Like 4
  • Hugs 5

My thoughts on Aiden telling Carrie that he needs to focus on Wyatt till he is 18 years old...if Wyatt truly has some mental issues how does Aiden put a time frame on it, what about all the mental health issues 18 year olds have, Aiden thinks those issues will magically disappear on the kids 18th birthday?

Secondly and this is a big one, Wyatt has inherited some of Aiden's manupulation genes, was there an issue with Wyatt prior to Aiden's attention being on someone else? I think it that kid may not like his father thinking of anyone else but him and his actions are purely to control/manipulate/punish his father for daring to have a relationship with someone other than his mother.

Thirdly, if Wyatt's behavior is truly that much of a risk to himself then get him to a doctor and or a facility that can help him, STAT! 

The other way the next five years could play out, Aiden gets back together with his ex-wife.

Did anyone else notice John Corbett has no underarm hair?

I could tell Miranda was going to have some sort of a relationship with the UN lady.

Funny how Che was doing shots with the waiter in Carrie's kitchen and he was worried about getting in trouble...what is it about Carrie's kitchen and Che?

Carrie and Seema on the beach looked like they were behind the scenes on a movie set, it was a weird set up and it did not seem like an ideal beach setting considering how beautiful the beaches are in Greece.

Suddenly Carrie speaks Greek? 

• Like 7

I wonder if Aidan's older kids are really pissed with Wyatt. They came so close to having their own rooms in an amazing apartment in an upscale Manhattan neighborhood until their little brother ruined it all! They'll resent him for life. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 14