Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: The Last Supper Part Two: Entree [Season Finale]

• Start Topic

S02. E11: The Last Supper The Entree (finale) airs Thursday Aug. 24th 2023 on MAX at 12 AM PT, 3 AM ET

In the teaser for the drama-pumped eleventh and final episode, the cast of “And Just Like That…” prepares for their last supper.

Charlotte  finds herself amid drama between  Anthony and his boyfriend.

Carrie  is saying goodbye to her New York City apartment that she’s lived in for 30 years as Che and Miranda  are still at odds with each other. Also, Carrie doesn’t know if Aidan  will even make it to her goodbye dinner.

There are also tons of lips locking and romance flowing in the air of Carrie’s dinner party, hints at love blooming for Nya as she spots the mysteriously handsome man she flirted with at a bar previously.

“This place meant everything to me,” says Carrie as she toasts to a new chapter. Suddenly, the phone rings and we see a familiar name is across the screen.  How she’ll figure into the final ep remains unknown.-(info taken from ET Canada. a few corrections made)

And-Just-Like-That-2x11-Promo-_The-Last-

• Like 1

Who gives a banquet just because they're moving? And in all those years she was married, did she live there or with Big? It's all so damned stupid. Why would her new friends give a rat's ass about her silly feels for her apartment?

Speaking of new friends - and old friends - why are ANY of these people friends with Carrie? I never could figure out anyone except maybe Samantha being her friend all those years ago. But why Miranda? What does a smart, well-educated lawyer have in common with the Queen of Shallow Self-Centeredness? And why is Charlotte, who is also self-centered but still nice, and seems to be from a classy background, friends with someone who thinks she can buy class (with other peoples money)? Even when I watched SATC, I couldn't figure it out. And now here's all these new people always at her beck and call. Why can't the series end with every one of them telling her to fuck off, and a call from Samantha saying, "Told ya so."

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 13
11 hours ago, luna1122again said:

I don't hate Carrie so I'm not the target audience for this post, I realize. But she's  not really throwing a banquet, she won the dinner, so leaving her place was just the excuse for a theme. And maybe nobody cares about her feels over leaving her old place, but it's a free catered dinner from a Michelin star chef. I'd go to that even if I hated who was throwing it. 

Yeah- Carrie won the dinner, so why not have it, the theme being her last “hurrah” at her old apartment. Any excuse for a party. 

14 hours ago, EllenB said:

Speaking of new friends - and old friends - why are ANY of these people friends with Carrie? I never could figure out anyone except maybe Samantha being her friend all those years ago. But why Miranda? What does a smart, well-educated lawyer have in common with the Queen of Shallow Self-Centeredness? And why is Charlotte, who is also self-centered but still nice, and seems to be from a classy background, friends with someone who thinks she can buy class (with other peoples money)? Even when I watched SATC, I couldn't figure it out. And now here's all these new people always at her beck and call. Why can't the series end with every one of them telling her to fuck off, and a call from Samantha saying, "Told ya so."

I could see Miranda and Samantha being friends (both no nonsense and career minded), I could even see Miranda and Charlotte being friends (they would balance each other out which is nice for friendships) but Carrie was so damn immature and still is!

• Like 7
16 hours ago, EllenB said:

Who gives a banquet just because they're moving? And in all those years she was married, did she live there or with Big? It's all so damned stupid. Why would her new friends give a rat's ass about her silly feels for her apartment?

In real life I don't think any of the original 4 would be friends, except MAYBE Carrie and Samantha. Even at that, I could see Samantha being Carrie's PR person who she sometimes also goes to parties with. Carrie would be the acquaintance that Miranda and Charlotte call on when they want to have fun - dinner, drinks, getting into an exclusive club - but would keep her at a distance otherwise. There's just not much in common between them, and Miranda in particular would be too busy to maintain the level of co-dependency that Carrie requires from a friend.

I actually think some of Carrie's newer friends make more sense, in that they are as immature is she is - Jackie and Che for example. I think Seema also makes sense as a fellow "single rich older woman" friend, although now that they are both pairing off and Carrie's run out of property to sell that friendship might have run its course

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

I read the Carrie Diaries but I didn't watch the series.  In the book at the end Carrie meets Samantha.  I don't think we ever found out how Miranda and Charlotte became friends with them.  I always assumed Carrie met them separately and they became a quartet. 

1 hour ago, mstar1125 said:

I actually think some of Carrie's newer friends make more sense, in that they are as immature is she is - Jackie and Che for example.

When SATC first started Carrie did seem like she would have those kind of friends.  She wasn't comfortable in Big's world.  

1 hour ago, mstar1125 said:

I think Seema also makes sense as a fellow "single rich older woman" friend,

They did make sense. Both were unencumbered by partners or kids. They could do and go anywhere they wanted. 

• Like 3

Friendships can start in the oddest ways and sometimes you don't have a lot in common with good friends when it comes to things on the surface. My one best friend and I are different in many ways, growing up, she went to see Air Supply in concert, I went to Billy Idol. I partied, she really didn't.... but 44 years later, it still works. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 11
  • Love 7

So these are supposed to be Carrie's closest friends who know what the apartment has meant to her over the years? Most of these people don't know each other and they barely know Carrie. From the clip I see:

Miranda

Charlotte + Harry

Anthony + Guiseppi

Che

Seema + the director dude

LTW + Herbert

Nya

Lisette,  the jewelry designer neighbor

Jackie

lady sitting next to Jackie, possibly his wife who didn't complete Carrie's dress for the Met Gala.

It's a dinner for 16  by a chef that Carrie won. She said   a chair would be left for the big baby in case he changed his mind about never entering her apartment. So that's the 14 above + Carrie. Someone pointed out on the pt. 1 thread the man who asked Nya if they'd met is probably the chef.

If Nya and Carrie were at the upscale hotel bar and / or  at the Halloween costume party  it's the the only time(s) I can recall Nya and Carrie being in each other's presence this season? Last season I can only recall one lunch and the time Miranda got Carrie involved in painting some women's shelter Nya was involved with.

Pretty strange.

• Like 5

I liked the beginning of the episode, it felt really nice and relaxed – Miranda and Steve, Nya's election to the American Law Institute, even Samantha's phone call. Once dinner began, however, everything felt really tense. No matter what Carrie says, I feel there's some bad juju in that apartment (see: the ceiling stain, lol). 

"I've been thinking of nothing but you for all these years" is a pretty sick burn on your ex-wife and family, Aidan. & you cannot ask someone to wait FIVE YEARS. Who's to say Wyatt would even be A-OK in five years? Even so, I do agree with putting your kids first. Maybe you should have TAKEN IT SLOW from the beginning?

Nya and Toussaint is a match made in heaven, but why does she turn into a teenager when flirting? Since she introduced herself as a professor, why not act like it.

I respect Seema's committment to her career and company, but isn't like the point of building that career of getting to the point where you have the economy/clout/possibility to do take some time off? Oh wait, I guess she did. To go to Greece, which is a hop and a skip from Egypt, by the way. 

Lisette was just superfluous and annoying. 

However, tonight's silliest moment in a string of them: "Putting the cat to bed"?! Did Carrie not get the memo that Shoe (oh my god) is nocturnal? 

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 8

This would have been a good series finale but they got a third season pick up this week. I kept expecting the kitten to escape and Aidan to get hit by a bus leaving to go back to Virginia, but I guess I have to give up my expectations too.

Carrie is going to meet someone or many someones next season and Aidan will never be seen or thought of again. This expectation I won't give up.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 8

Why when one of the first scenes played out with Carrie getting ready did I have the thought I'm worried for that kitty?

IDK how I feel about the Samantha scene. The content? She was going to  surprise Carrie by being at the dinner party. [but couldn't due to a flight delay] 🫶Beautiful. 🫶Touching.🫶The haughty overdone delivery?🖐️

WHY is Steve talking that way!🤢

Charlotte whispering? I can dig it!

Despite MPK telling anyone who would listen that he didn't bring Aiden back again to fail, I full well knew Carrie and Aiden were not end game. Of course he was going to say my place is with my boys!

He doesn't even ask if Carrie is willing to tie up 5 years of her life until he feels his boys, even the special needs one... will be ok. The years 56-61, at that. Didn't even ask how she felt about it. We're supposed to wait until next season to see what she does? I stated on the last thread I hope they won't leave the Aiden Carrie thing open ended. Will they or won't they go on; because that would be some really  cheesey lazy writing typing.

I love LTW's chunky gold  jewelry! She carries off bright colors so well. Loved Carrie's  dinner party dress! She also looked great in that hot pink crochet dress on the beach in Greece.

Who's taking care of the kitty? 🙀

At home in Nya's doorway... Professor! 🫣That's a lot of boob to be exposing to a man you just met!

Carrie does nude scenes now?👀

I do not care about Che or Toby or Che + Toby.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3

Well, shit.  I actually didn't hate that.  Except for Che.  And that Jackie guy - why is she friends with that dude?

Anyhow.  Loved Charlotte's speech to Harry.  Yeah, you don't get to just say you'll help but cry after a few months of it.  This is YOUR family as well as hers.  You're not "helping" - you're being a productive member of said family.

Loved Miranda and Steve's talk.  Loved Miranda on the BBC. Loved all things Miranda except for her talk with Che. Because I loathe all things Che.

Loved LTW and Herbert.  She's such a class act in all ways, and though he has moments of husband ideas, I really like how sweet he is with her and can pull out the supportiveness.

Loved Seema leaning into whatever with Ravi. I truly hope these idiot writers don't mess this all up for her.

Loved the kitty but CARRIE STOP LEAVING YOUR FREAKING DOOR OPEN. CATS WANDER.

Nya & Toussaint.  Get it, girl.  He'd be a lovely addition next season.

Thank God Carrie and Aidan are kaputs. Never liked him for her, simply too different.

• Like 13
  • Fire 1

"And just like that... I ordered two cosmopolitans."

WTF!? Did the writers not watch a few seasons of SATC for some hints as to how to end an episode, and in this case the season? Every week those end voiceovers are lamer.

I don't know what I watched. Why was Steve not at the farewell dinner, and yet all these randos/friends of friends were? I don't know what the deal Aiden set implies. They don't see each other, but she saves herself for him for five years' time? She's not allowed to visit him in Norfolk, as he'll be thinking of her too much? He manages to cross the dreaded threshold of the old apartment to tell her that without turning to dust, but neither mention he's inside it.

Some nice little vignettes, but someone really needs to invite the old writers back.

• Like 16
  • Applause 2

Overall I liked the episode. 

I knew Carrie and Aiden was too good to last...at least for now

Samantha. Samantha, how I have missed thee

Charlotte, I am so proud of her.  I really am. She had so many disappointments  in the original series and  was a bit of a mess in the second movie with her children.  it's nice to see her laid back, confident , happy and she knows what she wants. 

I am bit slow, where were Seema and Carrie at the very end? 

• Like 5

Why is Charlotte looking at Harry like she's totally mystified when Harry says "Anthony's here, he wants to talk about loosing his ass virginity!" Don't make me drag out the SATC s1 e4 script!

[Charlotte's boyfriend wanted anal sex and they had to all four get together to discuss whether or not she should  do it]

Pretty funny when Nya comes in and states I don't know any of these people.Well duh, You and Carrie barely know each other.

Lisette introduces herself to Che and because they won't ever see each other again (probably) when Lisette asks about upcoming comedy shows, Che blurts out "I'm transitioning. Emotionally. The old me's fucked and the new me's not here yet."

Get the net.

4 minutes ago, violet and green said:

Why was Steve not at the farewell dinner, and yet all these randos/friends of friends were?

YES!

5 minutes ago, violet and green said:

He manages to cross the dreaded threshold of the old apartment to tell her that without turning to dust, but neither mention he's inside it.

I was just about to work into this post for our non-watchers that Aiden told her that she has to wait until Wyatt is out of his teens in her apartment he caused so much chaos over  not setting foot in. So in the interest of doing that and not nit picky correction...  I think she said "You're in the apartment, you said you'd never set foot in the apartment."

Why Jackie and his wife but  no Franklyn[from the podcast]?

• Like 7

I think she said "You're in the apartment, you said you'd never set foot in the apartment."

Oh, did she?! Thanks. I must admit, I was a bit distracted as a small smoky mouse ran through my living room looking lost while I was watching the episode!

Edited by violet and green
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 4
2 minutes ago, violet and green said:

I think she said "You're in the apartment, you said you'd never set foot in the apartment."

Oh, did she?! Thanks. I must admit, I was a bit distracted as a small smoky mouse ran through my living room looking lost while I was watching the episode!

Yep! The other day on the pt. 1 thread I missed something pretty obvious and so I had to list  all my distractions . lol

• Like 1

Well it sort of didn't suck.

Hey Miranda - where have you been the last 2 years? Nice that she apologized to Steve. I can see her with the BBC lady alot more than crappy Che. Just get Che off my tv. And Toby. I don't care.

Not a fan of the comedian Jackie either.

Charlotte reading Harry the riot act was good. About time.

Aiden asking Carrie to wait 5 years. And your two other kids need you at 17 and 20? For what? Except for money and a place to sleep.  Wyatt needs therapy, not a father hovering. It wasn't fair for him to ask Carrie to wait 5 years. 

Anthony didn't look like he was liking anal sex. He really looked uncomfortable. Isn't that something you would tell your partner please stop, not fun for me?! Sex is suppose to be pleasurable for both parties. If 1 of the two doesn't like something you cannot force the issue.  

12 minutes ago, violet and green said:

Greece, apparently.

Yeah. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
16 minutes ago, T Summer said:

Yep! The other day on the pt. 1 thread I missed something pretty obvious and so I had to list  all my distractions . lol

Even before the mouse, I found it really hard to concentrate on this ep. It was so bitty, like confetti. Little scene, little scene, little scene. Big dinner scene, full of bitty side bits.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
3 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

Samantha was channeling Annabelle Bronstein.  

Yes I remember, from the getting into the pool episode. I meant  all the lines KC delivered prior to saying put me on speaker... after which  she did the Annabell Bronstein takeoff thanking the fabulous flat.  She did not sound like Samantha  normally talking to Carrie. Waaayyy overdone IMO.

and I'm a fan!

• Like 6
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, T Summer said:

She did not sound like Samantha  normally talking to Carrie.

Other than the Annabelle thing Kim did sound.....different. 

So we now know Samantha talks to Charlotte and Miranda.  Wonder what she thought of Miranda leaving Steve for nonbinary not funny comic Che.

Oh how I would have loved to have Samantha show up and give her opinion on everything that has happened in the two seasons.  Her and Seema would have sized each other up but I think they would be friends.

• Like 12

Maybe she's a little rusty. lol

It did sound different and no where near as relaxed and familiar.

I'm sure working together constantly, along  with having each other in the same proximity to play off of helped foster that natural rapport, and all this time and distance makes for the opposite.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

Ugh, I couldn't stand and/or wasn't interested in the majority of people at that table. Jackie, his wife, the director, the Wexleys, Lisette (seriously, stop pushing this character on us - I don't CARE and why on earth would Carrie sell at a fire sale price to that ding dong?), Che (ditto for I don't CARE), Giuseppe - hardest of passes on all of them.

The episode was ruined for me by opening with Samantha. I had expected her to be the final scene and once that was done... The rest of it just deflated.

Bye Aidan. I'll see you in another life when we're both cats.

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4

After seeing the short promo with the phone in it and that Carrie is talking to Samantha while not yet wearing the party dress, I thought Carrie might call her back while everyone was there at the dinner... to kind of include her. So  I  wasn't shocked that KC's appearance wasn't the last scene.

11 minutes ago, TakomaSnark said:

Bye Aidan. I'll see you in another life when we're both cats.

Vanilla Sky was one f'ed up movie!

• Like 5

I agree that KC didn’t really sound like Samantha—but I’m wondering if that was an intentional choice on her part, a sort of FU way of saying I’ll bring Samantha if you meet my demands, but you won’t truly get the real Samantha.  Or maybe she was just phoning it in (no pun intended).  Would have preferred her appearance to be at the end, as well.

And add me to the list of those who were confused by Aidan’s 5 year plan.  I completely understand having your kids as your absolute first priority, but they don’t need to be your only priority.  It’s unreasonable for a parent of teens to literally never leave town/the house just because they might need you (and I say this as a mom of a son almost exactly Wyatt’s age).  Surely there was some middle ground between Aidan constantly running back and forth from NY and essentially chaining himself to the farmhouse?   So they’re just on old for the next 5 years, or…?

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1

Once again, Steve is a much better person than I am.  Miranduh, you fucked this man over literally and emotionally, you’ve got some balls asking if you can remain in his life….heiffa outside of Brady, we got nathan to say to each other!  I wish he would have added that he’s in a successful relationship with someone who loves and respects him.

Charlotte and Harry – Love you Harry, but Char was right in that you need to step up more with the girls now that she’s working.  Very sweet and thoughtful that he got her another phone, that’s something Mr. Yogi would do for me.

Lisa and Herbert – Easy to feel guilty now that you’ve miscarried, huh?  I felt bad for her though and liked Herbert being at her side.

Nya and Toussaint – Gary Dourdan will always be Shazza Zulu to me!  Hope he’ll stick around for Season 3, she needs a frickin’ storyline.

SAMANTHA CAMEO!  Very sweet, tis a shame that Kim’s just not into the show anymore.

Anthony’s face when he was losing his ass virginity was hilarious!

I stan Sarita’s hair!  Hoping her guy comes back for Season 3, they are a cute couple.

Shoe the cat is adorable, I kept staring at the door every time it was opened as I didn’t want him or her to run out and get lost.

Finally, Aidan….FIVE YEARS?!  You want Carrie to wait FIVE DAMNED YEARS before ya’ll get back together?!  What in the actual bluedilly fuck, ain’t no way I would wait for someone that long.  Also, outside of Wyatt his other sons are old enough to handle daddy not being around. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 5
4 minutes ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Nya and Toussaint – Gary Dourdan will always be Shazza Zulu to me!  Hope he’ll stick around for Season 3, she needs a frickin’ storyline.

Yes, Shazza! I remember that character. Gary Dourdan had a rough few years going. I hope he is fine and I wish him success. I always liked him. 

• Like 8
1 hour ago, reallyjustjen said:

I agree that KC didn’t really sound like Samantha—but I’m wondering if that was an intentional choice on her part, a sort of FU way of saying I’ll bring Samantha if you meet my demands, but you won’t truly get the real Samantha.  Or maybe she was just phoning it in (no pun intended).  Would have preferred her appearance to be at the end, as well.

Kim is British and Canadian her regular speaking voice doesn't really sound like Samantha. I think she was phoning it in (LOL), kind of forgot how to do the Samantha voice and didn't spend much if anytime or effort trying to get it right.

• Like 2
  • Useful 5
18 minutes ago, John M said:

Kim is British and Canadian her regular speaking voice doesn't really sound like Samantha. I think she was phoning it in (LOL), kind of forgot how to do the Samantha voice and didn't spend much if anytime or effort trying to get it right.

Yes, I have seen her interviewed and it always surprises me to hear her regular voice. 

• Like 2

One of the stupidest endings ever created. 

Now I can't believe that we're back here.  That phrase keeps coming up and is so true. 

I hope Aiden gets hit by the Uber dropping him off at the airport. 

Samantha looked lovely.  That was enough, she doesn't have to do anything else. 

• Like 7
5 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

What she SHOULD have said was: "You didn't do anything wrong. It's me. Something's going on with me that I'm still trying to understand, but that is no excuse for the way I hurt you, and you have every right to move on with your life. I want you to be happy." How is that so fucking hard to write, MPK?!

Because it's not what he believes.  He gave that interview last year basically rewriting Miranda and Steve's history. Steve wasn't even at the dinner.  HIs character just isn't important to them.  If Miranda is still living with Nya does that mean Steve is keeping the house?  Or have the writers forgotten all about that?

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
31 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Seriously. I have yet to see Miranda admit any actual accountability. It was all just "you were right about a lot of things, just wrong about us as a couple." WTAF was that supposed to mean? You're just going to pretend that you were always wrong for each other and that the good times you had never happened? NO. NOT ONE BIT OF THAT SHIT FLIES HERE.

What she SHOULD have said was: "You didn't do anything wrong. It's me. Something's going on with me that I'm still trying to understand, but that is no excuse for the way I hurt you, and you have every right to move on with your life. I want you to be happy." How is that so fucking hard to write, MPK?!

Their marriage has always been extremely troubled, up until AJLT they had always managed to repair it time after time but their child is grown, Miranda wanted a change to her second act, Steve was emotionally manipulative, that doesn't come out of nowhere, they had just reached the point where it was no longer repairable.

So, yes, Steve did plenty wrong, he may not be responsible for the straw that broke the camels back, but at the same time, their marriage did not end because she came to terms with the fact that she wasn't straight, I think she was able to come to terms with that because their marriage had already failed and she wanted something different in life and that didn't include being married to Steve any longer.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3

It was great to get just a taste of Samantha, even if you could tell that KC was literally and figuratively phoning it in. Of course, given how this show has treated most of its returning characters I should feel lucky that Sam cant be ruined and we can just have a fun cameo. 

Overall the finale was alright, some stuff I liked, some stuff that was really stupid, and some stuff that was just baffling, so like the season in general. This season was at least less infuriating as the last season, but that might be because my expectation were so low. 

Carrie with her kitty was surprisingly endearing, Shoes is a real cutie, but I'm very concerned about her safety. I have always had doubts over whether or not Carrie could keep a plant alive, let alone a living creature, hopefully she learns to shut her door! Everyone looked really great at the apartment party, and I loved that accent wall. 

Miranda is actually acting more like Miranda again, the BBC lady seems like a much more natural match for her than Che, and at least she got close to really apologizing to Steve. I love seeing him do something that means a lot to him, he really is a much better person than I am for being so kind and forgiving towards Miranda, to treated him like absolute garbage when he did absolutely nothing to deserve it. I kept waiting for her to actually say the words "I'm sorry for cheating on you with a third rate comedian and blowing up our family" but I guess this is as good as we're going to get. 

At least the show finally admitted that Che and Miranda were always a bad idea, especially as I was having PTSD flashbacks to seeing the two of them in Carrie's kitchen again. Now can we just let Che make their disappearance into offscreen land? Stop trying to make Che happen, they aren't going to happen!

I liked a lot of the subplots, I liked Lisa dealing with guild surrounding the miscarriage, I like Seema and her guy (and her dress!), ten points to everyone who called Gary Dourdan being the chef and that he would get together with Nya, there were just too many characters and plots this season that were too disconnected. 

Is this the end for Aiden and Carrie? What a weird way to deal with them, she's just going to not see him for five years so that he can be on call at his house 24/7 until his son turns 18? The second he hits his birthday will all of his issues just go away? Why does Aiden need to be chained to his farmhouse to be a good dad? So no dating for Carrie for the rest of the show? This is so weird, just have them be together or don't! 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2