Type keyword(s) to search

The Golden Bachelor - General Discussion

• Start Topic

No, rapelling down a waterfalls isn't  conducive to chatting. But it is conducive to physical closeness, helping, and affording Gerry a gander at Leslie's gams. In contrast, he rode ahead of Theresa.

Did Gerry have sex in a Fantasy Suite? I believe he did, probably with both women but definitely with F1. 

I've gone from Faith to Leslie and now Theresa. 

Just as I think Sandra cooked her own goose with her "6 inches" wisecrack out of the limo, I'm thinking Gerry (Indiana!) might not cotton to Leslie's juvenile japes, either 

• Like 4

I just don't get the compatibility with Leslie at all.  Gerry is so midwestern milquetoast and Leslie is so edgy.  I also don't see how her relationship fails and two marriage past meshes with his solid decades long marriage to his high school sweetheart.  Would Leslie even want the lifestyle Gerry brings?  

Theresa seems to be a good match, but I really don't see any of this working out in the end.  There are too many factors to work out at this stage with families, homes, etc.  I thinks it's entirely possible to find love at the later stage of one's life, but only if practical factors are in play, like meeting someone local or reuniting with someone you already know.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

I think he probably talked to Treeza all night, but I don't think Leslie would have let him go without pushing hard for a chance to show her sexy skills. After all, that seems to be how she sees herself, as the sexy dancer.  She wasn't already talking like Beevis and Butthead for nothing.

I think he had sex (or some serious petting) with Leslie but probably not with Theresa.  No particular reason for thinking that other than that seemed to be what they were alluding to (we were awake really late, it was a wonderful night, etc)

1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

Too much kissing.  I had to look away

Agreed.  Ugh.  

41 minutes ago, archer1267 said:

I can't tell if she just keeps her cards close or if she's not as into Gerry as he is her.

Oh, she's into Gerry.  I think every sentence out of her mouth had the words 'I love you' in it (as did Theresa's.)  Her gushing about how wonderful their night together was, the sex jokes, her sad staring off into the distance clip while he was with Theresa.  It's a continuation of the person she was during the season where she fretted constantly about whether Gerry would look at/talk to her or who he was looking at/talking to when he wasn't with her.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I  honestly don't think he did. I think there might have been some other stuff going on. Who knows? 

I agree.  No judging but I am NOT sleeping with someone I met three weeks ago who very well may have boned someone the night before.  Ew.

• Like 13
  • Applause 6

so did the date with theresa start the morning after his date with Leslie, right after she left?   or did he shower and change clothes before he met up with theresa?

his shirt was all wrinkled, so i am wondering.  if no shower, that's kind of icky

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
34 minutes ago, Recyclorette said:

I just don't get the compatibility with Leslie at all.  Gerry is so midwestern milquetoast and Leslie is so edgy.  I also don't see how her relationship fails and two marriage past meshes with his solid decades long marriage to his high school sweetheart.  Would Leslie even want the lifestyle Gerry brings?  

Theresa seems to be a good match, but I really don't see any of this working out in the end.  There are too many factors to work out at this stage with families, homes, etc.  I thinks it's entirely possible to find love at the later stage of one's life, but only if practical factors are in play, like meeting someone local or reuniting with someone you already know.

Also, Religion wasn’t discussed.   Leslie and Gerry are of very different faiths.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Tink said:

Then I remembered they’ve had only two or three dates. 

Sure but tell me about your job is first date stuff.  Even pre-date stuff.  They were able to get into their dead spouses.

1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

I don’t think he had sex with either one of them in the Fantasy Suite.  Or am I being nieve?

I can make an argument for all three scenarios.

No one because he wants to only do it with his F1 and he'd rather use the time to get to know each woman more.

Leslie Yes:  She has been willing to discuss sex which is important if you plan to have sex with someone and he's hot for her.

Leslie no:  They only stayed up until 2 am.  They didn't seem to have the post sex glow.  Leslie referred to him as being "comfortable " for her which can be good but I think she's missing the butterflies. 

Theresa Yes:  She was in sell mode. You see how she got the job against younger grads. She's willing to quit her job for him.  I think she would like to close the deal.

Theresa No:  She wants to be more sure, like Gerry.

I think I lean Theresa yes/Leslie no. Especially since he has said in interviews (no actual spoilers)--

Spoiler

That it was the Fantasy suites that changed things for him.  That suggest he changed his mind and since I think he was leaning Leslie before, that means I think his F1 is Theresa. 

39 minutes ago, archer1267 said:

I didn't think Leslie's question about sex was that odd, given that the Fantasy Suite was looming. 

Me neither and I thought it was odd that he just said a long time.  It makes me think he wants to give the impression he was celibate since his wife died but I do not think that's the case.

3 minutes ago, cinsays said:

so did the date with theresa start the morning after his date with Leslie, right after she left?   or did he shower and change clothes before he met up with theresa?

They make it sound like they happen on consecutive days but there's usually a day in between. 

• Like 3

I wondered about the religion aspect too. I know several interfaith couples (Jewish/Christian). I would guess that since they have grown children who were raised in their respective faiths, it's less of an issue now? But I remember my grandfather embracing his faith once he felt the end was near and regularly attending church. It would be interesting to know how much faith plays a role in each of their lives. I wonder if Gerry's family will drill down on that.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Sure but tell me about your job is first date stuff.  Even pre-date stuff.  They were able to get into their dead spouses.

I can make an argument for all three scenarios.

No one because he wants to only do it with his F1 and he'd rather use the time to get to know each woman more.

Leslie Yes:  She has been willing to discuss sex which is important if you plan to have sex with someone and he's hot for her.

Leslie no:  They only stayed up until 2 am.  They didn't seem to have the post sex glow.  Leslie referred to him as being "comfortable " for her which can be good but I think she's missing the butterflies. 

Theresa Yes:  She was in sell mode. You see how she got the job against younger grads. She's willing to quit her job for him.  I think she would like to close the deal.

Theresa No:  She wants to be more sure, like Gerry.

I think I lean Theresa yes/Leslie no. Especially since he has said in interviews (no actual spoilers)--

Hide contents

That it was the Fantasy suites that changed things for him.  That suggest he changed his mind and since I think he was leaning Leslie before, that means I think his F1 is Theresa. 

Me neither and I thought it was odd that he just said a long time.  It makes me think he wants to give the impression he was celibate since his wife died but I do not think that's the case.

They make it sound like they happen on consecutive days but there's usually a day in between. 

I

Who the hell says I love you after three dates or less?  He shouldn’t have said it and the other two shouldn’t have said it also.  Maybe Production told Gerry to say it.  They used the love word too loosely.  Again, Teresa for the win.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
9 minutes ago, archer1267 said:

I wondered about the religion aspect too. I know several interfaith couples (Jewish/Christian). I would guess that since they have grown children who were raised in their respective faiths, it's less of an issue now? But I remember my grandfather embracing his faith once he felt the end was near and regularly attending church. It would be interesting to know how much faith plays a role in each of their lives. I wonder if Gerry's family will drill down on that.

it would be interesting to see how that would work out, but its been done. 

• Like 2
16 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Yes. and also the original Jason Mesnick, crying over a balcony after sending Molly home and proposing to Melissa, who seemed perfect on paper. At the after the final rose, he pulled a switcharoo and asked Molly for a second chance. Both Arie/Lauren and Jason/Molly are among the few successful Bachelor marriages. Gerry did seem to be “pulling a Mesnick” with those tears! He’s literally deciding between “the woman he can live with” (Theresa) and “the one he can’t live without” (Leslie).

This was one of the few Bachelor seasons I watched and I called that Jason should pick Molly when they showed him on some radio show and the DJ asked who the best kisser was and he said "Molly".  That's a big tell right there.  Also thought the same thing during Rachel Lindsey's season when she let her now husband kiss the heck out of her on the first night.  I thought, "She must really be feelin' that guy if she let him do all that after knowing him for five minutes.  He'll probably win."

Also, the entire concept of the Fantasy Suites icks me out.  I cannot for the life of me imagine sleeping with someone knowing that he had either just come from or was on his way to sleeping with someone else.  

• Like 5
19 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I

Who the hell says I love you after three dates or less?  He shouldn’t have said it and the other two shouldn’t have said it also.  Maybe Production told Gerry to say it.  They used the love word too loosely.  Again, Teresa for the win.

He's leading both of these women on. It would be kind of cool if both of them told him to piss off!

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, boyznkatz said:

He's leading both of these women on. It would be kind of cool if both of them told him to piss off!

As this is the first time I watched this series, is it normal for the bachelor (or bachelorette) to see "I love you" so much? 

I also wonder is it producer driven? Or is Gerry just overwhelmed by the experience and doesn't want to NOT say it? 

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

As this is the first time I watched this series, is it normal for the bachelor (or bachelorette) to see "I love you" so much? 

I also wonder is it producer driven? Or is Gerry just overwhelmed by the experience and doesn't want to NOT say it? 

I haven't seen any Bachelor shows before either, so not sure, although I don't doubt that a lot of it is producer manipulated. I wouldn't be surprised if he knew from the get go who he wanted, but the producers told him to act ambiguous. If that's the case, I feel sorry for the woman that he didn't select.

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, Snapdragon said:

This was one of the few Bachelor seasons I watched and I called that Jason should pick Molly when they showed him on some radio show and the DJ asked who the best kisser was and he said "Molly".  That's a big tell right there.  Also thought the same thing during Rachel Lindsey's season when she let her now husband kiss the heck out of her on the first night.  I thought, "She must really be feelin' that guy if she let him do all that after knowing him for five minutes.  He'll probably win."

Also, the entire concept of the Fantasy Suites icks me out.  I cannot for the life of me imagine sleeping with someone knowing that he had either just come from or was on his way to sleeping with someone else.  

and having to read that stupid letter asking if she wants to go to the fantasy suite for the night

just put the key on the table and she either picks it up or shoves it back at him

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I cannot believe they are dragging this out again!!!!

I have no idea who he will pick - I pegged Leslie as the winner after the first episode, but now I'm torn. I feel like if he is looking for a hot woman to go with his sexual reawakening, then it is Leslie. If he wants a safe choice, it's Teresa. But either way, I don't think either woman is destined to be with Gerry for long.....

And it's made me kind of sad to see all of the comments dragging the way these women look and dress, although I know it's free game with these shows and I did joke about the plastic surgery look of some of them. Still, I think they all look fantastic and I love that they are still trying to look youthful and sexy while not being ashamed of wrinkles or saggy body parts. I am 51 but frequently get pegged as looking like I'm in my 30's (I just stopped being carded for booze a couple years ago). I still love fashion, make up and heels. I will not go gentle into that good night, and more power to them for still trying to look their most fabulous even if it's flat butts, saggy boobs, scraggly hair!

• Like 5
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

What in the body suit hell was Theresa wearing at the Fantasy Suite? A one piece isn’t practical for sexy times either.

Do  we assume he did the deed with both women or did they  just sleep only  or 69 in Leslie's case.lol

1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

I cannot believe they are dragging this out again!!!!

I have no idea who he will pick - I pegged Leslie as the winner after the first episode, but now I'm torn. I feel like if he is looking for a hot woman to go with his sexual reawakening, then it is Leslie. If he wants a safe choice, it's Teresa. But either way, I don't think either woman is destined to be with Gerry for long.....

And it's made me kind of sad to see all of the comments dragging the way these women look and dress, although I know it's free game with these shows and I did joke about the plastic surgery look of some of them. Still, I think they all look fantastic and I love that they are still trying to look youthful and sexy while not being ashamed of wrinkles or saggy body parts. I am 51 but frequently get pegged as looking like I'm in my 30's (I just stopped being carded for booze a couple years ago). I still love fashion, make up and heels. I will not go gentle into that good night, and more power to them for still trying to look their most fabulous even if it's flat butts, saggy boobs, scraggly hair!

Oh please, Gerry does not  need  a sexual awakening,  he himself admitted in  a recent interview he was on vacation with  a woman when the offer to be the Golden Bachelor  came in.

Plus other  rumours  he has sugar  babies.   Gerry has been sowing his wild oats just fine without Leslie's  help.

• Like 1
  • Wink 3
  • Useful 2
5 hours ago, Irlandesa said:
6 hours ago, archer1267 said:

5 hours ago, cinsays said:

My thought was that is an awkward question for his place in life on tv. Like if he said “two years ago” and he was with a lady two years ago, she might want her privacy respected instead of his kids, her kids, etc knowing they had sex. Depending how casual or long they were together of course. 

I thought last night was the finale. I was disappointed when I realized it wasn’t. 

I like both ladies left, but I roll my eyes more at Leslie about how she’s so unlucky in love. Most people who are perpetually “unlucky” in love have a hand in making that luck. 

8 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I kind of caught that but thought I was imagining it. Maybe the night didn't go as planned? 

Or as Leslie planned.  Maybe he didn’t want to get physical with her.  I give him credit.  It would have been tacky if he got physical with both.  Yuk.   

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 2

Well look at Theresa wearing her best Forever 21 bodysuit for the morning after 😅! Gerry could've worn something hotter- he looked like he was waiting in line at a Carnival Cruise ship buffet next to her on the bed in his baggy t shirt and basketball shorts.  Step it up, Grandzaddy! 😏

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 16

So after some careful consideration I’ve chosen who I think Gerry will chose!  Theresa the finance gal!

Can you imagine having someone that smart to handle the whole families finances!

Leslie might say she likes sex but Theresa is a proven financial whiz. 

Gerry and the producers can try to fool us into thinking 70 year olds are crazy for the hot sheets but the reality is they are really crazy about money. 

Work is behind most of us at that age but growing and protecting our nest eggs is essential!

I never did know what about Theresa was attracting Gerry.  Now I do. She’s good with money. 

It’s Theresa for the win for sure!  Watch for it!

• Like 9
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
12 hours ago, Tess23 said:

Here's my guess for the most 'shocking finale ever.' He picks Teresa then realizes it's Leslie he wants, so he dumps Teresa and chooses Leslie.

Or Faith comes back and they ride off into the sunset together lol.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

I've been watching since the Trista days, and two subjects are never televised:  religion and politics.

So if they did discuss these things, they did it in private, or if they were on camera, it wasn't aired.

Rumor had it that previous Bachelorette Rachel and one of her last guys, Zach (who became The Bachelor) discussed politics in the Fantasy Suite, and it did not go well, resulting in the breakup.  Zach took himself out of the running after what apparently was a very heated night, and not in the way one wants heat in the bedroom.  Again, just a rumor.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 3
  • Useful 5
45 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Is there a possibility that he doesn't pick either of them? Is there precedent?

Spoiler

Brad Womack chose nobody. But then they had him back for another season and he proposed to Emily Maynard, but they broke up right away and she got a season being the Bachelorette.

Putting it in Spoilers to be safe even though it happened years ago

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

Would Theresa give up the job she worked so hard to build?  I know that she said that she would, but I think it would be a very hard decision.  And being Gerry's money manager in nowhere near the same.

My ick moment was when he made all the lifelong commitments to Leslie before his date with Theresa.  Those were strong promises to make when he still had deciding to do.

• Like 11
  • Applause 4
4 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Is there a possibility that he doesn't pick either of them? Is there precedent?

No need for a Spoiler tag about a previous season. Yes. Bachelor Brad Womack picked no-one.

IMO, there is ZERO possibility that Gerry similarly picks no-one. Such a Finale would put the Golden Kibosh on any future elder iterations. (I don't read "Reality Steve" Spoilers, FWIW.) But if I'm wrong, I'm all in for the deluge of complaints to ABC. 

• Like 4
9 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

So after some careful consideration I’ve chosen who I think Gerry will chose!  Theresa the finance gal!

Can you imagine having someone that smart to handle the whole families finances!

Leslie might say she likes sex but Theresa is a proven financial whiz. 

Gerry and the producers can try to fool us into thinking 70 year olds are crazy for the hot sheets but the reality is they are really crazy about money. 

Work is behind most of us at that age but growing and protecting our nest eggs is essential!

I never did know what about Theresa was attracting Gerry.  Now I do. She’s good with money. 

It’s Theresa for the win for sure!  Watch for it!

Gerry said earlier in the episode that he retired at 55. I'm thinking he knows how to manage his money. 

Edited by Jillybean
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2

Yes, Gerry retired at 55 and built his dream lake house.  So I think he's ok on the money front.  I think he was asking Teresa those questions more as a way to get to know how she got to where she is, not to fish around, looking for a "purse".

Teresa can do her type of work from anywhere.  And it seems like she's been working more as a hobby, but that she'd give it up to be with Gerry.  

Earlier, I posted a "Spoiler" (not truly a spoiler) about someone I know who met him recently in an airport.  They fly the Bachelor and his final choice across the country to random places to spend time together before the Finale airs.  

The reason I posted it as a "Spoiler" is because it looks like yes, he did choose someone.  As has been posted, Brad Womack chose no one.  There is no obligation to choose anyone, and Gerry could just as easily get to the end and say that he doesn't want to break one woman's heart over another, so he's going to spend his days alone at his lake house, or something like that.  But it looks like he indeed did choose one of the two ladies, and they are flying to rendezvous with one another as we speak.

• Useful 5
1 hour ago, Starlight925 said:

The reason I posted it as a "Spoiler" is because it looks like yes, he did choose someone.  As has been posted, Brad Womack chose no one.  There is no obligation to choose anyone, and Gerry could just as easily get to the end and say that he doesn't want to break one woman's heart over another, so he's going to spend his days alone at his lake house, or something like that.  But it looks like he indeed did choose one of the two ladies, and they are flying to rendezvous with one another as we speak.

Bolding is mine.   I think there is an obligation to choose.   There is no obligation to actually get married, but I think contracts require a choice at the end.  

• Like 1

While I find Theresa to be very intense with her aggressive googoo eyes, given the choice, I find her preferable to Leslie who’s constant crying and woe is me attitude would just suck the life out of me.

Gerry will get what he deserves either way.   I found him attractive and charming at the  beginning but his behavior  these last two episodes has started to gross me out.

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
12 hours ago, endure said:

Or Faith comes back and they ride off into the sunset together lol.

Or Joan, lol!!

4 minutes ago, IdEatThat said:

While I find Theresa to be very intense with her aggressive googoo eyes, given the choice, I find her preferable to Leslie who’s constant crying and woe is me attitude would just suck the life out of me.

Gerry will get what he deserves either way.   I found him attractive and charming at the  beginning but his behavior  these last two episodes has started to gross me out.

Suck the life made me laugh!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Leslie would suck the life out of me as a friend.  I wonder how the other women truly feel about her?  Such sadness, but in such a woe-is-me kind of way.  She did not suffer the death of a spouse like so many of the other women.

She see-saws between sad/angry/upset at how often she's been burned and overcompensating with gyrating dances, baggy-brags about having dated Prince, and double entendres.

She keeps up her body via intense exercise, which she then uses via skintight clothing and oozing sexuality.  I suspect she thinks her "messy hair don't care" is supposed to come off as "fresh out of bed, won't you join me?"

Or maybe she just needs a hairbrush and a deep conditioner.  😅

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9

Oh I think everybody had a good idea what everyone did first week in. Where they live, marital status of divorced or widowed and work they do. 

Gerry might have money but with inflation every retiree needs and wants more!

Not sure type of restaurant Gerry owned but mom and pop type restaurants are in every little town in Indiana!  They make a living but nothing much and lake houses are mostly one and two bedroom homes retirees seem to like!

Theresa can continue her work anywhere and I’ll bet she’s very wealthy. 

Theresa for the win!

• Like 3

I’d appreciate it if someone could explain Theresa’s hair to me. I have my natural hair (white, long, unprocessed, no additions) so I just can’t figure out what’s happening with her head. Her hairline seems really low and full in front and the crown part looks like a wig. And it’s way too dark for her age. It’s just looks ….. weird on her tiny face. I don’t know hair stuff at all so I’ve been trying to suss out what she’s doing. 

• Like 2

Teresa has a wig, which is I suspect one reason she got the easier, horseback riding date, as that whole thing would have flown off on a rappel date.

She may have very sparse or fine hair, so while I'm not hating on her for her hair enhancements, girl needs a better stylist.  Yes, it's way too dark, and way too much for her tiny-ness.  Her hair is wider than her entire body.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Earlier, I posted a "Spoiler" (not truly a spoiler) about someone I know who met him recently in an airport.  They fly the Bachelor and his final choice across the country to random places to spend time together before the Finale airs. 

They fly them out to Los Angeles to an Air BnB/VRBO. 

Although there's no "obligation" to select someone, there's a lot of pressure to do so.  For instance, I really don't think Matt James* was prepared to to pick someone as he started to panic at the end but the compromise reached was that he asked his F1 to date instead of proposing. 

*His mom was eliminated Night 1 from The Golden Bachelor.

3 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Or Joan, lol!!

I don't think Joan wanted him.  I don't think she'd be open to him coming back for her.

2 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

She did not suffer the death of a spouse like so many of the other women.

No, but she did lose her father at 16 and her mother in her early 20s.  It was a long time ago but that still can cause a lot of trauma. 

• Like 5