Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Just now, Thumper said:

On the Red Carpet, James Franco said ( having heard Whoopi Goldberg  did this), he hosted a dinner for all the male nominees for supporting actor category categories.  That is very cool.  They had a great time.

• Love 13

The winner tonight is the person who had to tape up Sharon Stone in that spider web of a dress.

Laura Dern is having one hell of a year.  And Reese Witherspoon is becoming one hell of a Hollywood producer.  Give them hell, Elle Woods!

• Love 12

That was an amusing murmur in the crowd when Sharon Stone came out like a collective  WTF?!? is she wearing.

Huh.  Reese was at Nicole’s table during their category, then suddenly at Laura’s table during her category, and shocker, Laura won and Reese was on camera again.  That irritates me irrationally.

Edited by mojoween

Did Nicole Kidman thank jusst about everyone except Skargsgard? Is that why when Alexander won he made the comment about how he didnt want to forget to thank his friend?

I didnt have the sound up so maybe I missed her thanking him?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, AimingforYoko said:

It's from the movie, Tonya's mother had a bird on her shoulder during interviews back when.

Yup. I really liked I, Tonya. Allison Janney was great in it.

I still want to be CJ Cregg when I grow up.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 8
Just now, Misslindsey said:

Oh Seth you are forgetting you played Anderson Cooper.

I remember him as a Sears photographer in a sketch with Hugh Jackman who had their dance with Madame Cocaine and how they hated the redundancy of twins "GET RID OF THE UGLY ONE!"

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

Yikes.  What is Sharon Stone wearing?? 

I think my neighbor is missing his wrought iron fence....

1 minute ago, thuganomics85 said:

Allison Janney at her most snarky? 

Oh yeah...she's brutal in it.  If I wasn't pulling for Laurie Metcalf, Alison's performance would be number one in my supporting actress picks.

• Love 4
Just now, ebk57 said:

I love Andy Samberg.  Which is something I never thought I'd say before Brooklyn 99.

I just started checking out that show recently thanks to the TBS reruns. It's incredibly charming and fun :).

On a different note, wow, The Rock's daughter is beautiful. 

• Love 2
Just now, CherryMalotte said:

I think my neighbor is missing his wrought iron fence....

Oh yeah...she's brutal in it.  If I wasn't pulling for Laurie Metcalf, Alison's performance would be number one in my supporting actress picks.

I wish they could both win because I love them both in pretty much everything they do.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, ebk57 said:

I love Andy Samberg.  Which is something I never thought I'd say before Brooklyn 99.

He's such a lovable dork.  I loved his "cat" skits on SNL.  (Can't remember the actual name, but live cats were used like guns.  Stupidly funny.)

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, magpye29 said:

OMG Carey Elwes!! I adore him!

Who doesn’t?? He’s Wesley! <3

53 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

I could not get into The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. I really wanted to like it too. Rachel Brosnahan seems lovely.

Ok so I watch a good amount of streaming tv, yet I’ve never even heard of this show?!  Off to IMDB it! 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, EverCat said:

Did Nicole Kidman thank jusst about everyone except Skargsgard? Is that why when Alexander won he made the comment about how he didnt want to forget to thank his friend?

I didnt have the sound up so maybe I missed her thanking him?

I’m almost positive she did but I could also be imagining it.

Kelly Clarkson has bugged me for 15 years but I actually would love to eavesdrop on her conversation with Steve Carrell.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, CherryMalotte said:

If I wasn't pulling for Laurie Metcalf, Alison's performance would be number one in my supporting actress picks.

Harsh to have them both nominated the same year!  They both are awesome.

• Love 3