Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Just now, merylinkid said:

Not seeing this anywhere, so I am asking.   Are the activists actually inside at the ceremony or were they just props on the red carpet and not "good enough" to be inside?

I am seeing some inside the ceremony, but I am not really getting a good look at who is sitting at the tables.

1 minute ago, merylinkid said:

Not seeing this anywhere, so I am asking.   Are the activists actually inside at the ceremony or were they just props on the red carpet and not "good enough" to be inside?

I honestly think they've been used as PR props tonight but I also can't imagine they wouldn't let them watch the ceremony after parading them around the carpet as though they're besties with the actresses. It would look terrible.

Just now, mtlchick said:

I think the best part of Moss' win is when she was walking in the back and there's a shot of James Franco staring into the void.  

I missed it but that sounds like James Franco lol. I'll rewind back now to see. 

Just now, double-elvis said:

I really wanted Claire but am okay with Elisabeth.

I was conflicted bc I love Handmaid’s Tale, Outlander and The Crown. But I knew EM was going to win it.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

Amazon: See guys, we can do quality too! Take that, Netflix and Hulu!

Didn't they have Mozart in the Jungle which won a ton of Golden Globes a few years ago, and then was never heard from again. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

One of the actresses interviewed on the red carpet indicated that "her" activist would be sitting with her and enjoying food and drink, so I have no reason to think otherwise.

• Love 1
Just now, absnow54 said:

Didn't they have Mozart in the Jungle which won a ton of Golden Globes a few years ago, and then was never heard from again. 

Also Transparent, but I'm not sure what the status of that show is.

• Love 1

Daniel Day-Lewis and Steve Carell are seat-mates, it seems.  I can only imagine those conversations:

Daniel: For My Left Foot, I actually didn't use my entire leg and even had PA's carry me around!

Steve:  Er... I actually had my chest hair ripped off in The 40 Year-Old Virgin!

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 9