Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, mojoween said:

I'm pretty sure the only Meryl movies I've ever seen are "The Devil Wears Prada" and that one where Julia Roberts was her daughter.  I think I might have seen "Doubt" too.

I'm not a very good movie fan.  I watch a lot of blockbusters and sequels though!

You must do a Streep marathon some day.  Have to add Sophie's Choice.

• Love 6
Just now, mtlchick said:

Oh hell no.  The woman lost her voice?  Her punch drunk speeches are worth their weight in gold!

They are anyway.  I still remember the year she won an Emmy for "Angels in America."  She started her thank-you speech by saying, "You know, sometimes even I think I'm overrated."  Then she broke into a huge grin and added, "But not tonight!"

• Love 15
58 minutes ago, Avaleigh said:

I'm very happy about The Crown winning. The only win I'm super happy about since The Americans wasn't even freaking nominated!

No shit.  The Crown is good, but it often gives its characters lines that feel like a way to sneak in a history lesson for uninformed viewers rather than  realistic dialog.  This past season of The Americans was impeccable.

Edited by Inquisitionist
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Whelp, I think we found a new target for Donald Trump's next Twitter rant!

Go ahead, sir, and defile Meryl Streep.  Make our day.

• Love 19
1 minute ago, Misslindsey said:

Trump is so going to tweet that Meryl is overrated or something. I can see it now.

All I can say is that if she wants to run for President in 2020?  She's got my vote.  Period.  End of story.

• Love 17

I refuse to follow that POS so if he does tweet something let me know.

Meryl looked great.  Young ladies, take note.

Hey look it's Pine!  Whoever said they preferred him out of the Chris's must have summoned him like Beetlejuice.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 11

Thanks for the Netflix recommendations guys. So I gotta check out The Crown and Hell or High Water ✔.

Anybody on Twitter should check out the #HiddenFences hashtag, it's hilarious.

SYTYCD alert! La La Land director just thanked Mandy Moore for her choreography. 

• Love 1