Type keyword(s) to search

S44.E11: I’m Not Worthy

• Start Topic

Castaways must keep their heads above water in the immunity challenge to be guaranteed a spot in the final six. Then, it’s a mad dash before tribal council as castaways must decide who to target.

Original airdate 5/10/23

Hells bells, I'm happy with the outcome even if I have no idea how Lauren and Jamie's votes ended up as they did. (I understanding wanting to drum up suspense for tribal on the part of editors, but...give your viewers a little credit, too. We like seeing strategy.)

Carolyn is a queen, and Danny's exit was truly cringe.

• Like 20
  • Love 1
(edited)

It's interesting that it appears Lauren and Jaime switched to the Tika three side by doing the Danny/Heidi split vote. Especially because they clearly did seem to realize and understand how strong Yam Yam/Caroline/Carson are as a trio.

In any case, I'm not expecting Yam Yam to stay loyal. I think in the upcoming episodes, to save himself, he'd side with the others to take Caroline or Carson out. Also, as appealing as breaking up the Tika three was, I can see getting rid of Danny appealing a lot more to Lauren who'd wanted him out for awhile. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Like 1
(edited)

Interesting . . . if Carolyn wins, her clinching moment wouldn’t be bailing out Carson, who would’ve been safe if she stood pat. It would be from changing her vote to Danny. As dopey as her agonizing looked, she might have made the winning move.

6 minutes ago, mojoween said:

90 minutes of Survivor therapy sessions and closeups of people gouging their gums with sticks.  Can’t WAIT.

Heh. Blame the writers’ strike. One less hour of scripted TV to think about.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Like 3
(edited)

Because I can't say it enough, Carolyn for the win!  Seriously, she won't take crap from anybody.  Even Probst had to get in on it at TC and learn Carolyn wasn't going to play that game.  

I am glad Danny went home, but wouldn't have cared if it was Yam Yam or Carson.  Carson doesn't bug me, other than thinking he's more brilliant at this game than he is (though apparently he's pretty smart at thinking up ways to re-create non-puzzle related challenges at home).  Carolyn is far from the first person to be upset post-TC, especially after being lied to and blindsided by her allies, but the way she was dismissed by everyone and talked down to by Yam Yam (a guy who personally went after Kane because he wrote his name down) had me hoping there was some advantage tonight where everyone not named Carolyn went home.  And, since the jury can't vote for a tree stump, she'd win by default.  I'm sad her idol play was for nothing.  

If Carolyn doesn't ever sleep, maybe Jamie sleeps too much, because I can't get over the energy and enthusiasm that girl has.  I thought for sure she was a goner when she said her and Lauren had all the power (or at the very least were going to get blindsided).  

Decent enough episode, probably one of the better ones this season.  I am glad Danny 'who voted for me...no, it couldn't have been Heidi, she wouldn't be able to do that on her own' got his self voted out.  I guess the upside to Lauren and Jamie voting with Tika shows he really was clueless as to what was going on.  Guess he should have listened to Frannie a few votes ago about what a threat Tika was.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3

That water challenge makes me cringe. I just can’t with my innate fear of being trapped under water.

Not sure why the Tika 3 keep saying that they have the majority now. 3 is not the majority of 6 people. And why the other 3 are now worried that they’re in the minority. Again, 3 is not the minority of 6 people. 

Regardless, glad to see Danny gone. He seems like the epitome of an entitled dude-bro. Although he did go out with class (impersonation notwithstanding), giving props to the Tina’s for their “good move”.

• Like 16
(edited)

Someone once told Danny that his DeNiro impression was fantastic, and he has never stopped.  Seriously, what the fuck WAS that?

And his voting out was perfect solely for the way he danced up to the voting booth.  He has confidence, I’ll give him that.

Edited by mojoween
  • Like 13
  • LOL 9

Carolyn  didn't  need to use her immunity,  but I'm glad Carson didn't  leave. I can see Tika in the F3.
Yam yam was great at the challenge.  I remember  it last season, some hung in there for a very long time.
Danny was okay with going, but his impersonation  was cringey. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Shermie said:

That water challenge makes me cringe. I just can’t with my innate fear of being trapped under water.

That's how I feel about the twisted net thing.  I would lose my shit immediately.  The water challenge is a close second.  I was really hoping after last season they would consider the drowning challenge broken and not do it again.

• Like 6

Way to go, Carolyn for getting Danny out and saving Carson. I don't care much for Carson, but I couldn't stand Danny more. Yam Yam doesn't bother me, so I'm glad he was able to win immunity in that water challenge. I don't know why Carson kept saying after the vote, the Tika 3 would have the majority. There's 6 people left. That doesn't give him and the other 2 Tikas "the majority".

Oh, yeah, I agree that Danny's imersonation was embarrassing.

• Like 6

OK I'm willing to reconsider my opinion that Carolyn cannot win this. The jury seemed pretty impressed with her. Although I suspect Danny would never vote for her.

That said, if Carolyn does win, I'm forever going to be gobsmacked by the way the show telegraphed that so obviously by opening the very first episode with a (seemingly at the time) random confessional by  . . . Carolyn. Being goofy and saying she didn't know how to do a confessional.

I honestly do not understand how the show gets away with that waterboarding challenge. It seems like it should be illegal. What's next? Hanging them all by the neck to see who can last the longest without being strangled?

I was so hoping Lauren would just tell Jeff to shove it while he was trying to question her during that challenge. She came close. I would love it if someone would just blatantly ignore him and refuse to answer. He would probably have a fit. 

• Like 19
2 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I was so hoping Lauren would just tell Jeff to shove it while he was trying to question her during that challenge. She came close. I would love it if someone would just blatantly ignore him and refuse to answer. He would probably have a fit. 

I suspect if someone dared to push back, they would all but disappear from the edit or be shown in the worse possible light in every situation.  Probably "playing along" is the best thing you can do, even if you do think he's a dumbass at every turn.

• Like 13
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I honestly do not understand how the show gets away with that waterboarding challenge. It seems like it should be illegal. What's next? Hanging them all by the neck to see who can last the longest without being strangled?

Waterboarding implies the recipient is immobilized and forced to inhale water.  The grates for this challenge are pretty small, they’re free to leave anytime and swimming out is a quick trip.  

I never like when they weave their legs through, though.  

2 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

I'm not expecting Yam Yam to stay loyal. I think in the upcoming episodes, to save himself, he'd side with the others to take Caroline or Carson out.

I’m really going to hate Ram Jam soon, aren’t I? 

26 minutes ago, bunnyface said:

I suspect if someone dared to push back, they would all but disappear from the edit or be shown in the worse possible light in every situation. 

For breaking Commandment #1: “Thou shalt honor thy Probst.”

• Like 10
  • Applause 2

So, random thoughts.

On the one hand, probably not best that Carolyn was yelling post-tribal to YamYam & Carson, but weirdly could have signaled to perhaps Jamie and Lauren that the three weren't that tight leading them to believe Carson would be more with them going forward? That could be interesting next week if Carson flips to them rather than just sit at final tribal with potentially one or two other Tika.

As to YamYam telling Carolyn she did the same thing to him early in the game, I don't actually agree circumstances were equal.  That was when there was 4 on Tika, with Josh being sent there and there being a suspicion that he was given an idol or a power.  By YamYam and Sarah designating Carolyn as the decoy, she was immediately put at risk if Josh buys in, votes her, plays immunity to be safe & boom she's gone.  I think YamYam would have been fine with that result & I'm not even sure if Carolyn filled him in on this knowledge, he wouldn't have tried to manipulate vote that way.

While ultimately not necessary, I don't think it was a wasted idol play by Carolyn as she needed to get some foothold among the jury that she really is aware of what is going on in the game & is playing smartly.  Yes, her threat level has been raised but better that than being a Romeo playing a fake idol (in her case it would be real) at the very end and impressing no one because she was  never in danger of being voted off. 

Loved that she read Danny like a book---"is this the real plan or the fake plan?"  Loved that she took out the Sanctuary two of Danny & Brandon who ignored her--"I'll see you at the merge!"  I'm still not seeing a win for her unless she has a few great moves in the next episodes to distinguish herself from YamYam & Carson.

God bless Jamie with all of her power and magic!  It would be a fantastic misdirect by edit if this is ultimately a power move by her pulling Carson to her & Lauren to seize control. I don't see it, but I would bow down if it happened.

• Like 6
4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I honestly do not understand how the show gets away with that waterboarding challenge. It seems like it should be illegal.

It is not waterboarding.  Period.  Nobody is holding down anybody physically and forcing water down into their lungs.  Anybody can float out at any time and never have a drop of water get into their lungs.  Swimmers are always in the water in these challenges in case someone becomes disoriented even.

No.  It is totally a psychological challenge and I love it.  Completely different than the endless puzzles, crawling around, untying knots and balance endurance challenges.  Totally mental from start to finish. 

Kudos to Yam Yam for winning it too.  It meant a lot to him.  And it meant a lot to me to see Danny lose again, hah.

• Like 14
  • Applause 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, GenerationX said:

It's The Carolyn Comedy Hour live from Fiji!

Danny:  Blah-blah-vote-blah.

Carolyn:  Is that the real plan or the fake plan?

*audience laughter*

Jeff:  Are you annoyed at me?

Carolyn:  Yes.

*audience laughter, followed by applause and shouts of agreement*

I HOWLED when she said that to,Danny. Scared my hubby 😆 She is so much more observant than she’s credited with. I wonder if it’s partly being a drug counselor. Addicts can lie right to your face. 

and then howled AGAIN when she said that to probst. 

I didn’t hate Danny but I was Team Frannie (she reminds me so much of my eldest daughter) so I was gunning for him. 

Edited by lawrbk
  • Like 9
6 hours ago, Drogo said:

I'm always afraid they'll reach their limit, forget where their legs are, and truly panic before they can't get them out.

6 hours ago, Drogo said:

I’m really going to hate Ram Jam soon, aren’t I? 

I'm already there.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

I'm sorry Carolyn used her idol but absolutely understand that she had to.  No way could she trust Lauren and Jamie to follow through with voting for Heidi, although they actually did.  That was a surprise to me!  Loved the looks on the jury's faces when Carolyn pulled out the idol.  I hope she gets the chance to tell them she'd had it for weeks and told absolutely no one until she had to.  Even Yam Yam didn't know she had it.

I hope she finds it again.

I'd love to see the three Tikis (or whatever their name) in the finale, but can't see how Carolyn could beat either of the guys.  She needs to win an immunity to add to her resume.

• Like 10

I'm really getting tired of the producers telegraphing who is going to win immunity in the first five minutes of the show.  "Yam Yam has to go".  "Yam Yam is too nice, we have to get rid of him."  "Everyone agrees we're voting for Yam Yam?"

Sure enough, Yam Yam wins immunity.  I usually end up fast forwarding through the immunity challenge when they show a conversation like that before it because you know who is going to win.

• Like 3

Oh, Danny...you're not nearly as (anything) as you think you are (at least in my limited televised experience, of course.) 

To borrow from pro wrestling (which I flip to during commercials most weeks) I go full mark for new episodes. I believe the kayfabe and eat up the clearly manipulated editing. So Yam Yam being targeted prior to immunity? Of course we'll see him win. Carolyn being discounted yet seeing through Danny's plan? Of course we'll get an idol play moment with dropped jaws and laughs. But yet, I'm all for it. 

Later on I'll puzzle out the mysteries of the voting numbers and the wisdom of idol play and total confession numbers and such...but for the moment, kudos to the show for giving me a solid episode. 

• Like 4

I'm conflicted. I wish Carolyn still had her idol for when she needs to save herself, but then she couldn't have known the remaining Ratu would go along with the Tika plan and vote like numbskulls. And her idol play sure woke the jury up.

• Like 8
4 minutes ago, buttered toast said:

When Carolyn offered an observation and aired her frustration with Danny at Tribal Council, Probst responded that maybe she needs to get more sleep.  One step away from asking, "Are you on your period?" 

I wanted to smack him.

That's why I was fine with Carolyn telling Jeff that, yes, he was annoying her. 

It was frustrating to see the opening scene with Carolyn reacting to Yam Yam and Carson voting differently and leaving her out on the vote and both of them acting like she should just get over it. Yes, Carolyn overreacted. Yes, she's an emotional player. But we see that once she gets past her initial feelings, she snaps right back into game-mode. Which is why I hate that everyone has underestimated Carolyn and treat her like some emotional tornado, ready to self destruct at any given moment. 

The way Yam Yam talked about Carolyn to the tribe after the Tika fight was rough to listen to. He was actively annoyed that Carolyn was pissed off and acted as if she was mad about not being in the majority. No, you numbnuts, she's pissed off because she thought you were all a team. Yes, she did it to you before. Yes, I understand leaving her out on the vote. But it's the reaction that they feel like she doesn't deserve to have feelings in the moment is the issue. That, and they treat her like she's an absolute idiot all the time.

Especially contrast that with Danny, who was still talking about the vote for him the very next morning. But, of course, since he's not "over-reacting", he's not emotional like Carolyn (except it's a very emotional reaction too, just more subtle).

I fully get why people can get annoyed with Carolyn. I get why her emotions being at the forefront all the time can be frustrating. But man, it's the way these people treat her because of it that piss me right off.

I know Carolyn technically wasted her idol, but I think she took a risk that didn't pay off. How was she supposed to realize Jaime and Lauren would actually make the wrong move and go Heidi? Carolyn was spot on up until that point, and seeing her go through scenarios in the voting booth showed to me that she was really considering all options and went with the one she thought was the most likely to happen.

Danny's exit was a bit obnoxious; it felt like he was going for a "memorable" exit. That being said, at least he was a good sport about it.

• Like 11
  • Applause 3

As for the Immunity Challenge, I liked how in the zone Yam-Yam was, to the point they had to dive in and poke him to tell him he won. He was ready to go all day and all night if needed, and probably would still be there if they didn't have the rest of the game to run. 

Technically speaking Carolyn didn't have to play her idol, and I'm sure that will nag her a bit. But from a gameplay perspective, she only knew the Tika votes were probably going to Danny; she couldn't be sure Danny's alliance was still going to go for Carson or not, so it was the proper play. 

Now that they are the Top 6, Tika is in the dominant position. They can force a tie at a minimum, but there's still one idol in play (maybe 2? Does Carolyn's idol get hidden again for the next few TCs?).  Whoever wins the immunity challenge next week will be key I'm sure. If it's someone on Tika again, they'll probably be able to get one of the rest out. Carolyn better be ready to push hard for that immunity necklace though, because she put a big target on her back with that move tonight. 

• Like 5
9 hours ago, Drogo said:

Waterboarding implies the recipient is immobilized and forced to inhale water.  The grates for this challenge are pretty small, they’re free to leave anytime and swimming out is a quick trip.  

The leg weaving is what makes me most uncomfortable as a viewer. It just feels too dangerous - someone reaching their absolute breaking point and then their legs are twisted and they can't get to air. Logically, I know medical is RIGHT THERE and the odds that someone would actually be seriously hurt are slim. Emotionally, it freaks me the fuck out.

• Like 16
35 minutes ago, buttered toast said:

When Carolyn offered an observation and aired her frustration with Danny at Tribal Council, Probst responded that maybe she needs to get more sleep.  One step away from asking, "Are you on your period?" 

I wanted to smack him.

In his defense (gag), earlier in Tribal Council, as part of the discussion about peoples' minds racing and paranoia and so on, Carolyn said that she doesn't sleep - she's always awake thinking about things. So I think he was just following up on that.

8 minutes ago, tracyscott76 said:

In his defense (gag), earlier in Tribal Council, as part of the discussion about peoples' minds racing and paranoia and so on, Carolyn said that she doesn't sleep - she's always awake thinking about things. So I think he was just following up on that.

Yeah, while Jeffy's said a lot of inappropriate (or almost inappropriate) things through the years (with who knows how many more that are on the editing room floor), in this case, there was a clear connection to what Carolyn said earlier about not sleeping and spending all her time plotting/scheming/examining the angles. So his suggestion to "maybe get some more sleep" was a valid suggestion to the survivor whether they were male, female or other. 

• Like 10

The real question for me is why did Jaimie and Lauren vote for Heidi? Do they prefer to be in a 4 people alliance with Heidi and Danny or in a 5 people alliance with Carson, Carolyn and Yam Yam? I get that Danny seems more of a challenge threat but so is Carson with his puzzle abilities plus Carson has two tight allies while Danny has only one. Danny would lose immunity sooner than later and they could vote him out then. Jaimie and Lauren don't know how to play the game.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I really don't know why it took Carolyn so long to vote, or why she initially put down Lauren's name. It seems like she gets extra mileage out of the voting booth every week. The editors have been highlighting her from day 1, scene 1. She is either the most obviously telegraphed winner in the history of the show, or simply such a production favorite she's sure to be invited back again and again.

But the fact that she was willing to write down Lauren's name shows she was willing to do exactly what Danny told her to do (split votes between Lauren and Heidi). Carolyn is an emotional player, perhaps too emotional, and she might over-think things. She has a great read on people but I'm not entirely convinced she's some mastermind or the greatest player.

It is not waterboarding.  Period.  Nobody is holding down anybody physically and forcing water down into their lungs.

Well of course it isn't waterboarding literally. I don't think anyone thought it was literally waterboarding. However, the psychological impact is roughly the same. Sure, they can tap out whenever they want but it might cost them a million dollars to do so. Everyone's "life" is on the line. They are trying desperately to breath while water is covering their faces. That's . . . just like waterboarding.

Like I said above, it's like if they had a challenge where they were being strangled or smothered or suffocated. "Let's see how long you can stand it!" It just really crosses a line for me.

• Like 7
2 hours ago, hendersonrocks said:

The leg weaving is what makes me most uncomfortable as a viewer. It just feels too dangerous - someone reaching their absolute breaking point and then their legs are twisted and they can't get to air. Logically, I know medical is RIGHT THERE and the odds that someone would actually be seriously hurt are slim. Emotionally, it freaks me the fuck out.

I hate this challenge.  It makes me so anxious--especially as others have said, when they weave their arms and legs through the bars.  You actually saw that when Heidi started to panic and gave up.  She had a hard time unwinding herself from her monkey grip and you could see her actually get stuck and start to really panic--you could see her jerky motions right before she freed herself.  My heart was in my throat, but it all came out OK.  Then when Yam-Yam didn't immediately pop up and had to be shaken out of his zone, I wondered if he'd actually gone unconscious.  I really hate this challenge. 

Good on Yam-Yam for winning.  Did I hear it correctly, that the comp had gone on for well over an hour?  The fact that it goes over 20 minutes is amazing to me.  Last season's marathon when the tide began to slack before the Jeff called it, boggled me.

I have to say, though, that last night's camera angle on Jeff during the comp is probably the first time I've seen evidence of civilization on Survivor.  Usually they're soooo careful when framing their shots that you don't see anything in the background, but several times you could see structures and sailboats in the distance behind Jeff. 

I don't think Carolyn wasted her idol.  Sure, it turned out Carson didn't need it, but the timing--intentional or not, Carolyn has good instincts--was fantastic.  It was a huge FU to Danny, and with Frannie fangurling on the jury, Carolyn will have a good advocate there talking her up.  It was a big move.  Nobody expected goofy Carolyn to have an idol.  Not that she couldn't find an idol, mind you, but that she could keep her mouth shut about it.  Earlier in the episode, she even denied having an idol, and that will not be forgotten by the people still playing, and that allllll goes to her endgame.  It puts a target on her back, but she's so goofy they'll soon forget about her strategerizing and move on.

Here's a sentence I never thought I'd write at the beginning of this season:  I hope Carolyn finds an other idol.

• Like 13
  • LOL 1
5 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Well of course it isn't waterboarding literally. I don't think anyone thought it was literally waterboarding. However, the psychological impact is roughly the same. Sure, they can tap out whenever they want but it might cost them a million dollars to do so. Everyone's "life" is on the line. They are trying desperately to breath while water is covering their faces. That's . . . just like waterboarding.

Like I said above, it's like if they had a challenge where they were being strangled or smothered or suffocated. "Let's see how long you can stand it!" It just really crosses a line for me.

Agree with all this.  No, it’s not literal waterboarding because they have the ability to let go and swim away, but it is still uncomfortable for me to watch.  Many of the endurance challenges where they have to hold a certain position for a long time squick me out, especially when the camera zooms in on the painful leg/foot/whatever cramps they inevitably suffer, because (again *for me* and YMMV) they tread too close to torture.

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Or it’s like trying to tread water under a small grate longer than a few other people.  If they’re not being strapped to a board or held on the floor, it’s not like waterboarding. 

It’s unpleasant for sure- but well-supervised and completely voluntary.  No different than “Stand on these pegs until your feet feel like they’re about to burst.”  No matter how many times Jeff says fire is their life, he doesn’t take them out back and shoot them after he snuffs the torch. 

I kind of loved the idea of Carolyn pulling out that idol at FTC and saying “Hey look what I never needed.”  Hopefully she’ll still make it there. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I've had a couple of Survivor players I've loved over the years. I thought Malcolm and Joe were cute. I thought Rick Devens played an amazing game and deserved to win. Christian had a fun personality! But Carolyn I just love this girl. She has great instincts, doesn't have to dominate in challenge to get by, has a fun personality.  

• Like 9

I love Carolyn too, but she strikes me as a more strategic Phil Shephard. Her social game is better, and she's more aware of her surroundings, but I do wish we lived in a universe where she and The Specialist could have played together.

I bet they would have hated each other more than Phil hated Franchesqua.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
(edited)

Carolyn has really grown on me through the season, because I have to admit to disliking her pretty intensely at the beginning.  Also, although I realize it has absolutely nothing to do with anything game-related, I'm absolutely fascinated by her eyelashes.  Either she has extensions or whatever they're called, or she's simply blessed with the most amazing eyelashes in history!  (Obviously, I'm leaning towards extensions, because anything like a false eyelash would never stay on during all the underwater activities.) Plus, even though I can do without watching her (or anyone else) pick her teeth with a stick, I can't get over how beautiful her teeth are!  For that matter, I do really notice all the players' teeth, because so many of them just have lovely straight perfectly white smiles.  

I watched the original Survivor and the various iterations for some years, but then I fell off and only picked it up again around three years ago, so I have a question.  In the early days, I think the players were allowed one item to bring with them, like a toothbrush or whatever.  I'm assuming that must have changed somewhere along the lines to provide them with soap or shampoo, because as ragged and cruddy as their clothes get, none of them actually look dirty, and their hair isn't a big greasy mess.  I get that you can scrub your face and/or body with sand, but I don't think that technique would do much for your hair.

Since Danny is a fireman, he gets mad respect from me  in real life, but I'm not at all sorry to see him go, and I always enjoy a nice blindside for someone who thinks he's such a mastermind.  The folks back at the firehouse may have been yukking it up at his De Niro routine, but I was just embarrassed for him on my end.  I did think it was nice of him to compliment the gamesmanship of his ejectors though, and the ones who get voted out and manage to stay classy about it always earn points in my eye.

I suppose I'm currently rooting for Carolyn, because I'm pretty neutral towards anyone else.  Honestly, the other three girls sort of run together in my head, and YamYam just annoys me.  Speaking of which, he can leave any time now.  They all keep talking about how charming and popular he is, but I confess his appeal is lost on me. 

Edited by lgandkihei
  • Like 9
  • Love 1

Erik wasted no time this week:

lobster-queen-this-weeks-dabu-doodle-v0-wjut59sp98za1.jpg?s=8a7ca896e1247c9632ea6d06d9e0fc8bdb94f125
Like I said in the live thread . . . Carolyn with the crab shell on her head reminds me of Slowking from Pokémon. Judge for yourself.

image.png.782155cf5f139666d5c3b5ea8e763a89.png

Bit of a weight difference between the two, but you have to focus on the “crown.”

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Posts keep needing to get removed because of references to the preview.  There is a long-standing rule to not even mention "previews" in your posts.  Even if you think it's nothing, any reference will be removed. 

Preview rule

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Drogo said:

It’s unpleasant for sure- but well-supervised and completely voluntary.  No different than “Stand on these pegs until your feet feel like they’re about to burst.”  No matter how many times Jeff says fire is their life, he doesn’t take them out back and shoot them after he snuffs the torch. 

Wait...what?  I thought that was what the big deal about being the lone survivor was...

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

But the fact that she was willing to write down Lauren's name shows she was willing to do exactly what Danny told her to do (split votes between Lauren and Heidi).

I think she was scared that Danny would play an idol so she wanted someone else to have at least a vote. In the end she decided to risk it because her one vote would not make a change if the others had split the votes 2 + 2 between Carson and Carolyn.

• Like 2