Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Apple of My Eye

• Start Topic

It's Tammy's wedding day; Amanda and Misty take Caleb to task over his true intentions; Amy struggles to get the venue decorated and keep her emotions in check; a wardrobe malfunction and a case of cold feet threaten to derail the nuptials.

Original air date 2023.03.21

What was the story about Caleb and his PANTS?? I just caught the end of the conversation and he kept saying "PANTS! PANTS"  like either he couldn't get into his PANTS or they were so hard to put on and he had to stand up to put them on?

And when exactly did Misty & Amanda give Caleb the 3rd degree?

So, I guess the season is over now.  Thank Gawd.

• Like 1

Amanda & Misty did let Caleb know they wouldn't advise any BS, Amanda asked him if he would sign a prenup.  Betcha he didn't though.  I was curious as to why Brittany was an attendant, what's up with that?   A far as the nice suoersized outfit that Amy got for him to wear, seems Caleb is so large that it didn't fit.  I wish one of the sisters had asked him when the last time he walked was. I agree with Amy when she says he hasn't seen his dick in years.  Many many years......  

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

Caleb said he hoped she wasn't the roll away bride. Well. she ain't going to run away. Julia Roberts, she's not.

I was asking about his family, and they showed his nephew who was young and fit. In the next season, are the newlyweds going to still be lovey dovey or screaming at each other? That was a very nice lhealthcare worker helping with Caleb and the pants that wouldn't fit. She even found nice pants from another overweight resident, I'm guessing. I wouldn't have been so patient with the pants meltdown. He was marrying Tammy, not the queen of England. Them having simultaneous meltdowns would be fun.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

I thought the whole wedding was weird.  Caleb having a crying breakdown because his pants didn't fit.  I mean, what guy cries over wedding clothes?  He said it would not only ruin the day, but ruin his life.  WTF? He strikes me as being as immature as Tammy. 

And then Amy talks not about the couple but about herself during the toast to the couple.  And of course she had to announce that she farted.  And she later laid down on the floor.  So apparently there was some booze there.  

Was Caleb really crying with tears?  I saw no tears, but I have a small TV.  If there were tears, maybe he really does love Tammy.  That feeling will go out the window when he experiences her first tantrum.  

eta:  And I almost forgot to mention Amanda giving a lap dance to a total stranger.  And Tammy saying "I guess" instead of "I do."

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 15
  • LOL 2

So Amy says that it is not only Tammy's day but her day as well?  Amy has to have the spotlight on her.  2 weeks for dollar store decorations and a Costco party music machine with strobe light.  Glad Gabe liked the light.

I was initially glad my mind did not go to the mechanics of sex but here I was at 5 am thinking about it.  Argh!!!

• Like 2
  • LOL 11
3 hours ago, pnina said:

I wonder if there's going to be another season?  Maybe there will be a spinoff -- 1000 lb Newlyweds?   

Someone said on Reddit that Tammy or Amy posted on Tik Tok that there will be a split season this year, with another ten episodes later this year.  I don't know if that's been confirmed.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Was Caleb really crying with tears?  I saw no tears, but I have a small TV.  

I didn't see any tears. He seemed to keep doing the Kyle RHOBH move-fake, gravely crying voice while dabbing at your eyes. Then, he'd look up and be dry and talk normal.  He was super smooth with all those lines, tho. Straight out of the Love Bomber 101 handbook.

Soon as he said he'd sign a prenup, I'd have pulled one out of my purse and handed him a pen. 

Chris looked great.

Amys an emotional mess. Post partum? 

• Like 10

Another thing I've read on Reddit is that they are not legally married as they did not take out a marriage license before the ceremony.  They supposedly applied for the license at a later date which would have meant they'd have to be married again.  If true, and if they have not done a second ceremony, it would be a blessing in disguise.  That way, if they do by some miracle end up making a go of their relationship, they can always get married later.  If they find they don't get along (highly likely), they can just easily end the relationship.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 8
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
13 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Caleb seems…off. It’s more than just his obesity. I don’t know what it is but I wonder if he might have some brain damage from lack of oxygen at some point. 

😬

The bulging eyes freak me out.

• Like 10

Did that other patient actually say Tammy was the nicest girl he had ever met?  Oy, imagine his life so far.

Caleb generally acts all corny charming but then drops in random overheated sexual comments.  I’m thinking that’s what roped Tammy in, she believes this man is genuinely sexually attracted to her and unlike the previous ones it’s not a fetish and he’s not a feeder.  As to his sincerity about it, time will tell if he’s a grifter.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

eta:  And I almost forgot to mention Amanda giving a lap dance to a total stranger. 

That was weird. Also, Amy just lying down on the floor at the end. Was there a heck of a lot of drinking at the reception?

I also wondered why Brittany was a bridesmaid but not Amanda and Misty who are her actual sisters.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

I think Chris looked very good in his suit and hat.  He has very handsome face especially when he smiles.  I think Amanda is very pretty.  Obviously, Tammy and Amy do not have the same genes.  

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

Honestly I think Caleb has some degree of cognitive deficiency. I'm not saying that to be derogatory. Something just isn't right, perhaps he has a processing disorder of some sort, or maybe brain damage as I was saying above. He has to pause before answering questions and then he blurts out otherwise inappropriate things (the cake scene) at inappropriate times. Whereas with Tammy there is actually a bright person underneath her outward behavior. 

I think Amy deliberately mispronounces words as part of her schtick and then has a good laugh thinking other people will find it funny as well (pro tip: we don't). I don't know what was up with her rolling around the floor at the end. The floor is probably just as germy as a hospital floor which we know is literally lava in terms of sanitation, but sadly probably more sanitary than her floor at home. I think she was really tired and just gave up.

Tammy did look pretty and I was happy that she had her moment. I was more excited to see Chris come around the corner than I was to see Tammy! He looked fantastic in his suit and hat. I love Chris and Brittany. She's just as sweet as she can be and seems like a genuinely kind and happy person and would be lovely to be around.

The collective looks on Chris/Amanda/Misty's faces during the ceremony said it all and I think that's why Amanda and Misty weren't attendants. Also Caleb didn't have any attendants. Amy stood up for Tammy and I think Brittany was involved because Chris was involved. I bet you all an iced coffee if this was a legit affair, all of the sisters would have been involved and Michael would have taken off work to be there. 

I was thinking about earlier discussions where Chris qualified that the little boy with them was his adopted grandson. I don't think the fact that he is adopted makes any difference to them - it could be for any one of a number of reasons, Chris's age, the age of his adult children, any custody issues, whether or not his kids could bear children and if that was an issue in previous relationships, why they have him so often, etc. What made me think of this is the girl who runs Half Baked Harvest constantly has to qualify to people that the little boy on her feed is her adopted brother and not her son, because her parents are older and she doesn't have children. People are nosy and have a lot of questions about where he came from because he's just a baby. Also he's just precious. But she does get that question a lot and sometimes it's just easier to head it off at the pass.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Michael would have taken off work to be there. 

Michael was there.  I saw him in a shot of the wedding.  I guess he was mostly edited out.

Edited by Gemma Violet
Edited to remove spoiler
  • Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
17 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I thought the whole wedding was weird.  Caleb having a crying breakdown because his pants didn't fit.  I mean, what guy cries over wedding clothes?  He said it would not only ruin the day, but ruin his life.  WTF? He strikes me as being as immature as Tammy. 

Same, but maybe MORE immature than Tammy who had a reasonable reaction to Amy accidentally messing Tammy's up hair while literally dressing  her and getting upset. 

I thought Amy did a nice job on the wedding and I'm glad Tammy got to have a wedding BUT I hope it was pretend because a wedding and a marriage are two different things.  Neither one of these two people are in a position to have a successful marriage.  Tammy needs to concentrate on her journey to health and Calab isn't even close - physically, emotionally or otherwise. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Kid said:

Obviously, Tammy and Amy do not have the same genes.  

Well, they only share half of their genes, so Chris and Amanda's Dad might have been better looking. 

I admit whenever they showed Caleb my eyes could only focus on his enormous crotch and wonder if or how everything works down there. I'm glad they were able to find him a pair of black pants but for the white shirt, why didn't they just split it open down the back like a mortician does? As long as Caleb stayed in the wheelchair, nobody would know the difference. And yes, when I could tear my self away from looking at his crotch, his wild looking bug eyes caught my attention. 

They had music for the reception, why was there no recording of the Wedding March? 

I thought it was hilarious that the decorating couldn't begin until after the Bingo players cleared out. 

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 6
8 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

think Amy deliberately mispronounces words as part of her schtick and then has a good laugh thinking other people will find it funny as well (pro tip: we don't).

I think it's real; Amy doesn't seem to have much on the ball, to me.  Tammy and the others are a lot smarter than she seems to be.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Caleb crying over the wardrobe problem made it seem like he was afraid of Tammy and her reaction. 

Amy's self-centered wedding toast was terrible and ending it with a fart comment was just obnoxious (and probably noxious, too) 

On 3/22/2023 at 1:01 PM, RedDelicious said:

Michael would have taken off work to be there. 

Wasn't Michael in the third row of the van, wedged between the two baby seats on the way to the wedding? I thought it was weird that Amy had the whole second row to herself. I figured he was off-camera, maybe taking care of Gage, when the siblings were having their powwow. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
10 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I think Amy deliberately mispronounces words as part of her schtick and then has a good laugh thinking other people will find it funny as well (pro tip: we don't).

She said Tammy’s wedding was “butter sweet” 

• LOL 7

Was Amy drunk/"medicated" at the reception? I know the big bottle she was swigging from was a non-alcoholic beverage, but she was over the top bizarre. Her toast to HERSELF (oh, I mean bride and groom)  was bad even for Amy, but then later she was sprawled out on the floor. When she tilted over to look at Gage it looked like she was chewing on something. WTH?

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

that was a pretty cheap, shitty wedding even for TLC standard, thrown-together grab-passersby-to-act-like-guests, quickie events. Tammy's dress looked like a slip you wear under a dress. Not even a recording of the wedding march? Couldn't get any cheaper and crappier if they tried.

Whatever happened to Caleb anyway; ever seen him in insta pictures?

• LOL 2

I thought Katie the healthcare worker was lovely. She did what she could to give Caleb wedding clothes he felt were good enough. She behaved with far more dignity than most of the family did. 

• Like 17
  • Love 2

that was a pretty cheap, shitty wedding even for TLC standard, thrown-together grab-passersby-to-act-like-guests, quickie events. Tammy's dress looked like a slip you wear under a dress. Not even a recording of the wedding march? Couldn't get any cheaper and crappier if they tried.

Amy and her brother laughing at their own jokes like they think they're funny ;they just sound like  smedley

Whatever happened to Caleb anyway; ever seen him in insta pictures?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
12 hours ago, auntjess said:

I think it's real; Amy doesn't seem to have much on the ball, to me.  Tammy and the others are a lot smarter than she seems to be.

I think you are right, Amy isn't very smart.

Or, it could be a combination of both. I think she probably started the mispronunciations and twisted idioms by mistake and found that people laughed at them. Now it seems more forced (and not as funny.)

It appears to me that Amy is trapped in a middle school mind set (no offense to middle schoolers!) where talking about farting and pooping are considered a high form of humor. Almost every time she talks, one of those two things pops into the conversation. (I mean, seriously, whose baby DOESN'T poop? Do you feel like you have to bring it up every single time?)

• Like 12
  • Applause 1

My local Dollar Tree has much nicer wedding decor options than Amy chose. They probably even have fake sunflowers. Couldn't she have ASKED somebody (Tammy?) what size clothing Caleb needed instead of just guessing? 

Amy annoys me no end. That was a terrible, crude, rambling toast that hardly mentioned Caleb or the couple at all. She always has an excuse for the way she acts. Now it's post partum hormones. I know they're real, but Glenn is hardly a newborn. I guess her vow to get back on the diet is to ensure another season? 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1

Something just isn't right, perhaps he has a processing disorder of some sort, or maybe brain damage as I was saying above. He has to pause before answering questions and then he blurts out otherwise inappropriate things (the cake scene) at inappropriate times.

Good point. Caleb does read like a person with traumatic brain injury, maybe from a car accident or a fall. He doesn't seem intellectually impaired; in fact, he's better-spoken than the Slatons. He does seem to have some of the issues with communication and behavior that can happen with TBI. That would explain the pausing, blurting, and extreme emotional reactions. I don't think he's a grifter, just someone who's high functioning but has a disability.

I think Amy deliberately mispronounces words as part of her schtick and then has a good laugh thinking other people will find it funny as well (pro tip: we don't).

Agreed. I've thought Amy was smarter than she lets on since the tea party. She knew some words and concepts that didn't fit with the bumbler image she usually portrays. You can see when she's working the schtick. She mispronounces a word to the camera, then looks at the production person and asks about it. Then she does that little explosive "puh!" laugh that makes me want to slap her.

32 minutes ago, Teriacky said:

It just occurred to me that maybe if they had played the wedding March TLC would have had to pay royalties. 

Nope. Both the Mendelssohn and Wagner music often played at weddings are in the public domain.

• Like 11
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, Passing Strange said:

She mispronounces a word to the camera, then looks at the production person and asks about it. Then she does that little explosive "puh!" laugh that makes me want to slap her.

Thank you! When she does that laugh I hear the cartoon dog Muttley (Dick Dasterdly's dog, from Wacky Racers) snickering. Muttley does it better.

Yes, I’m that old. Sigh.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1
  • LOL 5
2 hours ago, Passing Strange said:

Agreed. I've thought Amy was smarter than she lets on since the tea party. She knew some words and concepts that didn't fit with the bumbler image she usually portrays. You can see when she's working the schtick. She mispronounces a word to the camera, then looks at the production person and asks about it. Then she does that little explosive "puh!" laugh that makes me want to slap her.

OMG! The "puh" laugh makes me crazy - I can't stand it either.

Even though it was on a budget, I thought she did a nice job with the decorations and she had the wherewithal to make sure the centerpieces alternated and everything was arranged as nicely as it could be. There's a brain in there somewhere but she's definitely working some kind of schtick.

• Like 9
21 hours ago, magemaud said:

Wasn't Michael in the third row of the van,[…]
I figured he was off-camera, maybe taking care of Gage, when the siblings were having their powwow.

Michael taking care of Gage? Now that is funny!

• LOL 2

I'm on the bus to hell...Caleb was all upset about having the wrong pants, and I was just thinking, "Dude...Giorgio Armani himself couldn't make you look decent." Just what transformative magic could a pair of pants work on a person? Nothing's going to hide the trach and the giant belly apron.

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
20 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Harvest theme.  As if any of Tammy’s family could last a day working on a farm.   I have seen the ceramic cookie jars where the truck bed is full of pumpkins.  

D489367F-0E03-4008-B56F-70D212BF6318.jpeg

In the South, little red trucks were the rage. Amy must've have found a new trend.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
4 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

In the South, little red trucks were the rage. Amy must've have found a new trend.

Around Christmas, Marshalls was full of little red truck decor.  And I don't live in the south, lol. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
On 3/23/2023 at 6:03 PM, MrBuhBye said:

Harvest theme.  As if any of Tammy’s family could last a day working on a farm.   I have seen the ceramic cookie jars where the truck bed is full of pumpkins.  

D489367F-0E03-4008-B56F-70D212BF6318.jpeg

I want that!!!!

• Like 2

I wonder if certain cast members weren't pre-gaming in the parking lot or something. Because I don't think an accredited health facility is going to have a liquor permit or BYOB policy. Though maybe things are more lax where they live. 

• Like 1